Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2961 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 12:48 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 12:44:
Bluehair?!? *snickers* Are you moving to Florida anytime soon Blue?

Wing Commander.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 11:52 Agent.X7

Need more peoples from Blues to friend up on BNet so we can play! I play at least a game a day. Trying to get Leoric to 10 for my DIII portrait. (MY only 10s are all Diablo demons, even though Azmo does not count toward the portrait.) I hated Leoric at first, but now I am pretty competent with him.

StarX7#1474

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 14:14 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:09:
sauron wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 12:34:
Never mind Star Wars lego, nin, you should be opening your wallet for these!:

Set #1

Set #2

I had to pose for hours for the second one, it was torture!

That second ones awesome, but just a tad too big for me, space wise.

So far I have a Falcon, the Ghost/Phantom, an AT-AT, Rey's speeder, and a speeder bike set.

I've been hanging out at https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/ the last few weeks, and the community there is really amazing. Not only do folks share their custom designs, but almost everyone that does includes a parts list and assembly instructions. All sorts of stuff I'd never guess, with instructions! Really cool community!

AngelicPenguin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 13:52:
I know a lot of folks thought Rey was "Mary Sue" (had never even heard of this term before this movie), but I didn't even notice it, or particularly care if she really is a bad ass. You know, force and all.

I'd not heard of that phrase until the movie, either. I thought she was fantastic, and the way she and Finn got along was so much fun to watch.

Mary Sue is mostly used in books, where authors (Bad authors) use a barely disguised version of themselves as the main character who has no faults and is great at everything, including things that there would be no way someone could actually perform without years of education. OH shit, the reactor is melting down? I will competently shut it down and save the day despite not knowing thing one about nuclear reactors! Martial arts master? Ha, I will block his every blow and fell him with one punch, despite never having any training! Shoot the wings off a fly at 1000 yards with a flintlock pistol? Pssh, give me something hard! But hold on, I'm piloting this Navy fighter jet with no training first.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 14:08 Agent.X7

SPOILERS BELOW!

The main complaints about TFA are kind of silly. Yes, she naturally picks things up and is good at them BUT - she has defended herself with a staff for years. Not hard to make the transition to a saber from that. Some people can pick up a gun and they are naturally good shots. She has been piloting stuff before. It's not like she didn't have the background to be predisposed to being good at this stuff.

Not to mention Anakin and Luke were both god at the things she is good at. Hmmm....

And Leia hugging Rey instead of Chewie...could it be because uncle Han died and Leia senses or knows Rey is her niece?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 11:01 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 10:28:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 10:20:
Rogue One trailer! Oh Em Gee! Dance

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. I'm still a little skeptical of Disney pulling this off every year, so I went in with low expectations. But that trailer far exceeded it.

Was also wondering if they were really going to make December, as before now, we'd not seen any footage.

I have not been this excited for Star Wars since I was a kid. I just got Force Awakens on bluray and it was still awesome the second time around, and I actually want to watch it again. Now Rogue One? Awesome!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches
13. Re: HTC Vive Ships & SteamVR Launches Apr 6, 2016, 15:10 Agent.X7

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 07:35:
I'll wait. I'm certain the second and third generation will be lighter and more affordable though.

Well, Vive won't get a 3rd generation. Valve can only count to 2.2.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
26. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 23:34 Agent.X7

Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 23:15:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 21:00:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:35:
I don't recall there being a restriction on characters that you can pick, so I believe a Tracer and Widowmaker could play together. Seems wrong now.

Huh? You were right with the first sentence. There is no character limit. Your team could play all Widowmakers and Tracers if you'd like.

Right, and that makes me wonder what the point is of developing all this lore. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but then we turn around and jump in a match to fight side by side. At least in Heroes, enemies of one another make comments about it, and they're fighting in the Nexus, so it isn't as weird. There's a huge disconnect between the game and the lore, IMO, which is very unlike Blizzard.

"Here's a lot of great videos that have nothing to do with the game!"

Because they plan to do other games in this fictional universe.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

72. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 23:50 Agent.X7

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:40:
Did some personal bible study tonight and it really helped me appreciate Jesus words, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39) The first 25 or so minutes of this video (produced by JW's) helped me greatly appreciate the gravity of what Jesus' words meant. This has led me to conclude that a minimum wage, no a living wage, of $15 is the neighborly and compassionate thing to do. I now know a lot of people, including fellow worshipers, who would greatly benefit from such an income increase regardless of marketable skills. Thank you all for your valuable points of view.

That's the problem, though. This is feel good legislation with no thought for the long term effects. Sure, now people get to feel like something has been done. What about when $15 buys you a gallon of milk, maybe? And now people with no skills make what recent college graduates make in some job markets. WHy bother getting an education and putting yourself in debt when you won't be out earning Joe the fry guy? Pretty soon our economy tanks for good. But you got to feel good for a while, so it was worth it, right?

Never mind that most waiters can out earn teachers as it is. But hey, punishing teachers and standardized test will fix that, not monetary gains! Teachers don't want to be paid for...oh, wait. All the good teachers are leaving the profession because they can take their degrees ANYWHERE else and make more money. But no child left behind certainly made us feel good for a while, right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

70. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 23:39 Agent.X7

rudra wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 17:06:
Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 16:59:
The thing is, I still feel you're looking at it wrong. You are looking at the people behind you and annoyed that, despite all your hard work, they're not as far behind as you feel they should be.

the usual christian stance... its why they love that idea of HELL and SATAN punishing the EVIL sinners with lakes of FIRE and TORMENT... while all the special, important people get to float on up to the magical wonderland of heavenly bliss and fluffy clouds

its incredibly childish, and immature - but also extremely common

Wow. I have no words for how dumb what you just said is. You can't argue logically, so you resort to attacking a religion?

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2016, 23:45.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Major Patch
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Major Patch Mar 29, 2016, 21:35 Agent.X7

ultrawidesreen monitor support

HELL YEAH!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 13:48 Agent.X7

And in 2022 they'll be bitching that $15 is a not a living wage. Welcome to reality! But don't worry, robots will take those jobs long before they make it to $15 an hour.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2016, 21:12 Agent.X7

Retired wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 17:45:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 15:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 11:26:
Happy Easter everyone!

Does anyone want an Overwatch early open beta key? I have one extra. First person to say yes gets it. (I tried this on Steam, but I don't think too many people read the activity log...)

I'll take one. I was watching vids with my son yesterday, and he was really digging it. Favs: Tracer and Genji.

Sent! Enjoy!

Please post some impressions.....

I will. It doesn't start until May. I plan to cancel my pre-order if I don't like it. I mean, I love everything they have done so far, but they've never done a shooter before, so who knows? (Of course, before Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm they'd never done either of those genres either...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2016, 16:02 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 15:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 11:26:
Happy Easter everyone!

Does anyone want an Overwatch early open beta key? I have one extra. First person to say yes gets it. (I tried this on Steam, but I don't think too many people read the activity log...)

I'll take one. I was watching vids with my son yesterday, and he was really digging it. Favs: Tracer and Genji.

Sent! Enjoy!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2016, 11:26 Agent.X7

Happy Easter everyone!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 19:53 Agent.X7

https://youtu.be/6NYNNsFWGy8

This is how you do it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 14:36 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 13:47:
Anyone who practiced drums for an hour is a better drummer than me. Always been intrigued with drummers who can also sing simultaneously -- for instance like Don Henley and Phil Collins off the top of my head.

Depends on the tempo and complexity of the rhythm. I can sing just fine when drumming until I throw a wacky fill in and completely lose the lyrics. I've never been brave enough to sing while doing anything else on stage.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 13:16 Agent.X7

OH MY GOD, I....nope, I'm good.

Also, the little Japanese girl. I hate video titles like that. This little Japanese girl is a better drummer than you will ever be! Except, I AM a drummer, and she's actually not better than me. I mean, if you worship at the alter of John Bonham and Lars Ulrich and think Travis Barker is the man, then yes, she's probably better than you would expect. If you like prog-metal, then she's got nothing on Portnoy, Mangini, or Peart. Why can't they just title it "Hey, this little Japanese girl is a good drummer." Or, this girl may grow up to be the next Meytal Cohen?

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2016, 13:25.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 22:53 Agent.X7

Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 18:13:
PHJF wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 17:51:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 16:55:
Medal of Honor™ Pacific Assault available for free through Origin.

All the crickets in the world together couldn't form a worthy response to such a paltry announcement.

Tell me you don't think that D-Day landing in MoH was intense. It was the first game to give me an idea of what it must have been like. Also MoH had very fun multiplayer and excellent maps. Germans versus Allies! Fun times.

That was MoH: Allied Assault - the original. Pacific Assault is not so good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 14:23 Agent.X7

I actually liked SUcker Punch. 300 was OK. Haven't seen his Supes movie (not into super heroes much) and Watchmen gets shit because the movie was so lame compared to the graphic novel. (WHich I bought after seeing the movie since I couldn't fathom from the movie why the fuck it was so lauded. Once I read the novel I got it.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2016, 00:01 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 18:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 17:59:
Comparing Beamers comment history with Cutters, the latter wins with the most * REMOVED * This comment was deleted ... posts.
He's not one to be asking others to ignore someone.

Self awareness really isn't Cutter's strong suit.

It's not really a large portion of the population's strong suit, which is a large part of our problems here on Earth.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2961 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo