Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 3086 (Veteran)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
11. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 12:22 Agent.X7

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 12:11:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 12:04:
I'm a gun owner. I hunted as a kid/young adult. I play a metric shit ton of video games.

School shootings are either a gun problem....or a mental health problem. All of you 'thoughts and prayers' fucknuts know this. So get off your fucking stick and either we go with revamping healthcare or we revamp gun control. Moving either one a few steps toward a modern/rational solution would do wonders. You can't have *both* being a shitshow designed to benefit corporations.

You sound like you had about the same up bringing that I had. I did all those things too. this is a mental issue and nothing else.

kids are not disciplined anymore and they are out of control. thank the CPS for this. They went over board on over protecting kids and not allow patents to discipline their kids. thank you social media.

We also have a huge media issue. Mainstream media exploits the shit out of these things, which makes them seem like much larger overall issue than they are, and incentivizes future killings with the promise of instant fame. Most people can't name one victim of a school killing, but I bet you can name at least one of the nutjobs who did it. Parkland has been on the news non-stop since it happened.

Everyone wants more restrictions on the 2nd amendment. How about more on the first? No articles or shows on the killers. No unending debate about their motives. Strictly victims only. Don't give these people the fame they desire, wipe them from history.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
17. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 12:05 Agent.X7

Valve plans to make games...someday.

There is a reason "Valve Time" became a thing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Final Beta
2. Re: Sea of Thieves Final Beta Mar 9, 2018, 12:03 Agent.X7

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 11:05:
You know, they could just say "OPEN BETA" and clear up a lot of fuss. DLing it now.

Me too. Yarr!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
25. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 17:17 Agent.X7

necrosis wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 17:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:57:
necrosis wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:51:
With how utterly abysmal the game was MONTHS after launch I have no damned idea how they are making a second one.

I would almost be less shocked if they announced a sequel to Evolve.

Yes, but if you log into the Division right now, tons of people are playing. If you log into Evolve? I'd guess not many.
Tons of asshole pricks geared to the hilt running around and killing people that just set foot in the dark zone.

An issue they NEVER fixed... or rather they half assed fixed that solved nothing.

Maybe, but we don't do PVP and still see a ton of people.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

20. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 15:57 Agent.X7

necrosis wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:51:
With how utterly abysmal the game was MONTHS after launch I have no damned idea how they are making a second one.

I would almost be less shocked if they announced a sequel to Evolve.

Yes, but if you log into the Division right now, tons of people are playing. If you log into Evolve? I'd guess not many.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:46 Agent.X7

ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:34:
They only thing they need to do for this to be great is to dramatically up the variety.

More cleaners! My girlfriend giggles every time we encounter them. I LOVE popping the flamethrower packs they wear. Pop. BOOM! Pop. BOOM! (Suppressed bolt action rifle for the win!)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

15. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 14:40 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:52:
More stuff to do is always welcome, but I actually liked the desolate atmosphere of the world. So I don't agree that packing the explorable area full of enemies or whatever like a generic MMO is the way to go.

But, at the same time, we passed through many areas that had clearly been intended to have encounters or missions that they just ran out of time to implement. It would be nice to populate those things.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2018, 11:50 Agent.X7

Ah haha. this is the article I was talking abut the other day. SO. DUMB.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > White House Games Meeting Thursday
53. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 8, 2018, 11:30 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 01:36:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 14:35:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 20:14:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 19:49:
I'll relate another story. I was watching random game vids on YouTube with my son, when we came upon a vid of a soldier in a pitched battle in Afghanistan. My son, 10, no stranger to FPS games, was making comments like "That's really scary" and "It's taking him so long to reload!" He could really understand the difference between guns in a game and guns in real life. If a 10 year old can figure it out, so should DJT.
Bone spurs donnie got no idea.
Do they make a bump stock for the M249 SAW?

Both of the stores I go to in the Charlotte area have the $5k, semi-auto version of the M249. I mean, to each his own, but I just cannot fathom buying a belt-fed semi-auto for $5 grand. You can rent the real thing and fire a belt of ammo for $200 and scratch that itch and take the other $4800 and go on vacation or something, lol. (For the whole 50 seconds that belt will last I'll save the $200 too...)

I dunno, I mean you could find yourself in a situation where 100 zombies are charging at you across a field, and you need 200 rounds to to save your life. It could happen, man.

Yeah, I'll still pass on the 16lb semi-auto. A chest rig has 180 rounds in 6 magazines, plus the 30 in the rifle. And if 200 Zombies are charging across a field at me, I'm not going to Rambo them, I'm going to Forrest Gump them. (Run, Forrest! Run!)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 11:22 Agent.X7

Sweet. My girlfriend and I loved co-op in the Division. Currently tromping through Ghost Recon Wildlands, but she liked the heavier RPG stuff in the Division better. (I just like shooting shit.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

48. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 7, 2018, 16:05 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 14:38:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 14:35:
I'll relate another story. I was watching random game vids on YouTube with my son, when we came upon a vid of a soldier in a pitched battle in Afghanistan. My son, 10, no stranger to FPS games, was making comments like "That's really scary" and "It's taking him so long to reload!" He could really understand the difference between guns in a game and guns in real life. If a 10 year old can figure it out, so should DJT.

Both of the stores I go to in the Charlotte area have the $5k, semi-auto version of the M249. I mean, to each his own, but I just cannot fathom buying a belt-fed semi-auto for $5 grand. You can rent the real thing and fire a belt of ammo for $200 and scratch that itch and take the other $4800 and go on vacation or something, lol. (For the whole 50 seconds that belt will last I'll save the $200 too...)

Or... OR!... $200 for the rental, $2000 for a junker car to shoot for probably even less than 50 seconds, and $2800 for a vacation.

I mean, you do need a target.

Well, that 50 seconds is assuming you don't hold down the trigger and watch it burn all 100 rounds in 8 seconds. (750 r/pm)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

46. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 7, 2018, 14:35 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

35. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 16:07 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:51:
Realistic VR gun range where you need to pull the bolt, push the release, whatever the fuck you'd do with the real gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZssqtbeijiM

One of the rough CS-like games I mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWXgrkmBEQ

Again, just watching that video makes me laugh. You'd have a better time watching you tube to learn how they work in real life. THis is like learning vascular surgery from that horrible surgery simulator.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

34. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 16:04 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:50:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 14:01:
Yeah, it's pretty much a myth that anyone and everyone can get one at anytime they want.

No it's definitely not a myth. You can walk into a gun show in many states, like Ohio for example, and buy a gun with zero paperwork exchanged and that's legal.

Only if you are buying from a private citizen. Any registered FFL dealer must fill out a form 4473 and do a NICS check on any firearms transaction regardless of where it takes place or they are breaking federal law and will wind up in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Private citizen are not allowed to use the NICS system, even though we have been asking for decades. However, you are not supposed to sell to any person you know to be a prohibited buyer. How can I tell if you won't let me use NICS? I play the safe road. I only sell to people that have their concealed handgun permit in NC so that I can be sure they have passed a background check.

This is the so called "gunshow loophole" myth. It works the same at a gunshow or over the internet or in person. Gunshows are not immune to Federal Firearms Laws.

You can keep saying it's a "myth" but it doesn't change that I can walk into an Ohio gunshow and buy a gun without even showing so much as an ID.

You have of course tested this yourself and are speaking from first hand knowledge?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

29. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 15:50 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 14:01:
Yeah, it's pretty much a myth that anyone and everyone can get one at anytime they want.

No it's definitely not a myth. You can walk into a gun show in many states, like Ohio for example, and buy a gun with zero paperwork exchanged and that's legal.

Only if you are buying from a private citizen. Any registered FFL dealer must fill out a form 4473 and do a NICS check on any firearms transaction regardless of where it takes place or they are breaking federal law and will wind up in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Private citizen are not allowed to use the NICS system, even though we have been asking for decades. However, you are not supposed to sell to any person you know to be a prohibited buyer. How can I tell if you won't let me use NICS? I play the safe road. I only sell to people that have their concealed handgun permit in NC so that I can be sure they have passed a background check.

This is the so called "gunshow loophole" myth. It works the same at a gunshow or over the internet or in person. Gunshows are not immune to Federal Firearms Laws.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

27. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 15:42 Agent.X7

Avus wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:03:
This meeting is POTUS way to tell the game industries start spending $/bribing on their politicians like NRA/gun makers did for the last HUNDRED years... otherwise US gov will going to take away your "virtual guns"....

I actually saw an opinion piece from CNN yesterday about how the super realistic virtual reality shooters were training kids to be better killers and they should be dumbed down so that kids won't learn how to fire real guns from these games.

What I want to know is: Where can I get a hold of these awesome games? Because I have yet to see any VR games as realistic as he was claiming.

It's like when they blamed games for training kids how to shoot real guns. There are a ton of videos on You Tube that disprove this theory. Shooting in games is very, very different from shooting in real life. Most of the people tested could not even get the firearm loaded correctly without help, let alone get it to a state where it could be fired by pulling the trigger.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

23. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 14:36 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 14:24:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 14:12:
Flatline wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 13:59:
Saboth wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 13:16:
Do we need guns for "defense", or is that some right wing paranoia stuff?

Semiautomatic rifles are pretty terrible at home defense.

I'd suggest a big dog, a home alarm, or pepper spray, or a pump action shotgun, or a pistol, in that order, before I'd ever... You know what? Even after exhausting all of those I'd still recommend against a "modern sporting rifle" for defense.

A shorter barrel pump shotgun with buckshot in it is a way better option for home defense. Easier to hit, you don't have to worry about punching through multiple walls, and 00 buck or even #4 buck at short range does... well... catastrophic damage if you hit.

Buckshot penetrates interior walls just as well as centerfire rifle cartridges, only instead of 1 round, you have multiple rounds per shot. Pistol rounds also are very good at penetrating walls.

I am just sticking with my Jim Jeffries argument as to why I own combat style long guns. "Fuck you. I like guns."

Also a valid response, lol.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

21. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 14:12 Agent.X7

Flatline wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 13:59:
Do we need guns for "defense", or is that some right wing paranoia stuff?

Semiautomatic rifles are pretty terrible at home defense.

I'd suggest a big dog, a home alarm, or pepper spray, or a pump action shotgun, or a pistol, in that order, before I'd ever... You know what? Even after exhausting all of those I'd still recommend against a "modern sporting rifle" for defense.

A shorter barrel pump shotgun with buckshot in it is a way better option for home defense. Easier to hit, you don't have to worry about punching through multiple walls, and 00 buck or even #4 buck at short range does... well... catastrophic damage if you hit.

Buckshot penetrates interior walls just as well as centerfire rifle cartridges, only instead of 1 round, you have multiple rounds per shot. Pistol rounds also are very good at penetrating walls.

Rifles are very good at home defense, but you have to aware of your angles and environment. If you live in a townhome or apartment you're right on top of other people and any round that misses its intended target will end up somewhere potentially deadly to a bystander. People need training, but unfortunately they tend to just pick up a gun and feel empowered and they never get the training they need.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2018, 14:23.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

20. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 14:01 Agent.X7

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 13:03:
The Pyro wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 12:58:
Gun lobby desperately searches for a scapegoat that is not guns.

I'm a "gun person" but I cringe every time the NRA decides to point fingers at games and film. You don't like people blaming guns for violence, so don't be blaming other things that are irrelevant.

I'm not sure the fact there are hundreds of millions of guns in the country and anyone and everyone can get one, with almost no oversight, is irrelevant to the problem of easy access to guns results in people being able to easily kill themselves and other people.

All I need to see is how other countries have handled it. They have strict gun control? Yes. They have mass shootings or 40K people killed by guns every year? No. Do we need guns for "defense", or is that some right wing paranoia stuff? How do other countries' citizens defend themselves? Hell, some of their cops don't even have guns.

Yeah, it's pretty much a myth that anyone and everyone can get one at anytime they want. Just like Hollywood movies show people walking into gun stores and buying automatic weapons.

Also, people love to compare apples to oranges with other countries. When the entire population of a European country lives stacked on top of each other in NYC, you should be able to tell that the situation is not comparable.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

15. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 13:03 Agent.X7

The Pyro wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 12:58:
Gun lobby desperately searches for a scapegoat that is not guns.

I'm a "gun person" but I cringe every time the NRA decides to point fingers at games and film. You don't like people blaming guns for violence, so don't be blaming other things that are irrelevant.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3086 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo