Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2948 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2015, 11:47 Agent.X7

But why is the rum gone?

No, seriously, I just purchased this 'ere bottle. It be empty.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2015, 21:36 Agent.X7

Dear Bungie - Fuck you. Thanks for repackaging the original game disc in a new case and putting in DLC codes for the expansion. We all appreciate the 17GB download when we put the disc in. No.

I'm so aggravated by this bullshit I am trying to get Amazon to do a return on it. Fuck Destiny, I'll keep playing MGSV.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Quote of the Day
12. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 13:29 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:23:
I don't think being a 3rd person action game developer disqualifies Naughty Dog from being able to do a FPS like HL3. There have been lots of examples of devs who have jumped genres and really made something special.

Agreed. From what I've played, ND can totally nail the tone and I wouldn't worry about them doing it in first person.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 13, 2015, 11:37 Agent.X7

SSDs will never match the per-gigabyte cost of HDDs...because we are working hard to stop that from happening.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
32. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 13:46 Agent.X7

gsilver wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 00:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 23:09:
I guess I didn't realize that not only does Metal Gear have a bit of sci-fi future tech but it also has a supernatural element as well. Not sure I remember that from the NES game or Zero. (The only 2 I have played.)
You like Castlevania, don't you?

NO! The first game pissed me off so bad I never went back.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
29. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 13:35 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 12:24:
"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Yup. I was planning on buying it right up until they dropped this bomb. Whoops, you lost me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
20. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 23:09 Agent.X7

The first hour or so of the game is a prelude that takes place after you wake up from a 9 year coma. For the first hour of the game, I basically kept repeating "what the fuck is going on?" over and over.

Then I hit the first open world mission and it started to make sense...right up until the end which had me WTFing all over again. I guess I didn't realize that not only does Metal Gear have a bit of sci-fi future tech but it also has a supernatural element as well. Not sure I remember that from the NES game or Zero. (The only 2 I have played.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
50. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 17:07 Agent.X7

Retired wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:34:
Grokk wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:32:
Mad Max is listed at $59.99 USD on steam for me (AU). Is it the same price for the US?

$59.99 USD here in USA.

Greenman Gaming is 40% off through today.

CDKeys is 19.99 (works on Steam).

Get it as cheap as you can. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE.

Annnnd, I broke down and bought it after watching some streaming. $18.99, couldn't beat that with a stick.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
39. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 15:19 Agent.X7

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 14:47:
Retired wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:33:
*sigh 2 solid hours of gameplay.

I am using M/KB as I am not able to currently hold a controller, so that might be some of my frustration with controls and movement.

Game ran solid, no glitches, bugs, crashes, etc.

That one line is enough to make it a no buy. M/KB should always be the main and equal to or better than adding console controller.(as well as the console save system).

Mmm, waiting on my STeam controller to try this. And a sale. Plus I'm torn about MGS. Zoeros was cool, but the story for this series is fucking wacky.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Borderlands Movie Plans
10. Re: Borderlands Movie Plans Aug 28, 2015, 20:20 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 18:52:
I could see them doing live action with a lot of CGI to layer the signature art style on top of everything. Then it'd be pretty easy to pull off some of the more bizarre characters and settings. I wonder if they'll have voice talent from the games involved? There's no way they'll change Claptrap, right?

Don't even need to CGI the actors much. Look at the incredible Borderlands cosplay from numerous cons. Some decent makeup and people look incredibly cartoony no CGI needed.

I'm 50/50 on this one. I like Borderlands lot. (Claptrap is all my notification sounds on my phone) BUT, I can see this going horribly, horribly wrong. Like, Mario Brothers, Bob Hoskins wrong. The Tales From the Borderlands proves this setting can work outside of a shooter, but...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 26, 2015, 18:59 Agent.X7

Yeah, I ordered it on lunch today. I'm a sucker for CEs.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 10:58 Agent.X7

Hell, I have a spare Sony receiver that I thought should be no problem to hook up to my PC.

Ha. Effing. Ha.

Some things will do sound through it, some won't. Some surround gets stripped to mono, some mono comes through all the speakers, it's a damn mess. All of the research I have done points to it being a major pain in the ass to get everything working correctly, so I gave up. I just use my SB Z and my old THX Creative speakers. I can't even imagine trying to get my PS4 to run through the PC to these speakers though.

Also: Personal flamethrower. Cool, but...yeah. I don't exactly live anywhere near where I could fire one up, and I'm pretty sure my favorite indoor ranges would not let me use it there either. So...it's a $900 "look what I have!" toy as far as I can see. I can think of much better things to buy for $900, like something I actually could use at my local range.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
10. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 10:42 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 09:42:
InBlack wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 09:39:
I have never played a Metal Gear Solid game in my life. Just wanted to come out say it. Blush

I've not played since the NES port. But they had me @ open world.

Pretty much the same. We all played MGS on the NES because back then there weren't 800 million games to pick from. I picked up Zero when it came out for the PS4 and it was pretty cool, but I've not played any of the games between the two. I just watched a history of the series and it looks like all I missed was one of the most convoluted, confusing, and frankly idiotic stories of all time. The gameplay in Zero was great, though, and I'm looking forward to Phantom Pain.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2015, 20:19 Agent.X7

People *SERIOUSLY* still use the Inception *BWAH* in trailers? In what world is that not a red flag?

Don't watch many trailers? I mean, they use it in EVERYTHING.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 20:14 Agent.X7

Saboth wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 18:20:
AdamK47 wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 13:32:
What a horribly bad article. It's almost as if The Escapist told the author to write something that vaguely had some semblace to the topic at hand and post it anyway. The guy was obviously clueless about what to write.

I agree. It rambled about several non-related topics. Best Buy doesn't have CD-ROMs on the shelves, so PC games are dying? Obviously it's because games have moved to digital distribution. Something about a game writer being harassed online...leads to the downfall of PC gaming?

No one is leaving PC gaming. If anything, more people are getting on-board with it. Consoles are great if you like simplicity, but if you like MMOs, strategy and options, you go PC.

Best Buy doesn't have physical copies of most PC games on the shelf, but they do have half an aisle of cards for PC games, which is as big a section as PS4 or XBox one have.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released
3. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released Aug 20, 2015, 20:11 Agent.X7

Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 15:35:
So 16 bucks gets all episodes? Been on the fence, but looks like something I could swing with 1 hand.

(Looking at friends who play only have 1-3 hours in the game though....that isn't a very good indication of 16$ well spent)

Took me over 2 hours for the first episode. Keep in mind episode 4 just came out and 5 is still to come.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released
1. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released Aug 20, 2015, 15:24 Agent.X7

Season was on sae on Steam this week. Probably my fvorite TTgame so far, and I loved Fables and Walking Dead.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 13:55 Agent.X7

Wipe the cabinet walls down with white apple cider vinegar. (We use a splash in every load of laundry to help the washing machine stay fresh too.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled
16. Re: Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled Aug 19, 2015, 13:36 Agent.X7

wtf_man wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 09:59:
3D Realms saying they didn't realize they weren't entitled to license an IP after selling it off

Inquisitive Wtf

Wait, we still get the residuals, right? WHAT?!?!? We Don't?!?! WHY NOT!?!?!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
40. Re: etc. Aug 19, 2015, 00:11 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:25:

THousands of people polled across the USis statistcally meaningless. Extrapolating that 90% of over 330 million people want something by asking even 10,000 people has asuch a high margin of error it's statistically worthless.

You need to Google "sample size." If you'd like, you can even Google "Sample Size United States" to see how many you need to have a statistically representative group.

In general, in the US, they use a sample of 1000-1500. Your 330 million isn't accurate, it's more like 190 million adults. In that case, you get about a 3% error margin with 1000 people polled, assuming it's a true random poll.
To get that to 2%, you need to triple it. To get it to 1%, you need to then quadruple that. Which is why they never bother - 3% margin of error is pretty good.

So yeah, you're really far off on your criticism of how statistics work. I'm not saying you couldn't make an argument, but "statistically meaningless" is factually inaccurate.

I need to put a sign above my monitor that says "Do NOT engage." I took statistics and I can tell the difference between probability and actuality, thanks. Good night, good bye.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2948 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo