Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2934 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
68. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 23:43 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 20:32:
1badmf wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:30:
probably half the posts on blues are troll posts, yet you expect to be exempted from it... why? cuz your beliefs are more special than the rest of us?

of course he does - that is the main appeal of christianity... the feeling of being "special" and "important", or to put it in more exact terms "THE CHOSEN PEOPLE"

what does that mean? let me break it down for you very quickly.. (and im only touching on this point briefly because there are many more and we would be here all day if you want the long story) ...

its not just that they are special, they are CHOSEN by the CREATOR of ALL THINGS, to be the most important people on the earth... see? its not that they have decided it amongst themselves, the lowly humans they are... but that the fucking CREATOR of ALL UNIVERSES has specifically awarded them with this most prestigious honor

now, this is only one of many many many points which combine to form the juggernaut of ignorance that is modern christianity... but in these discussions you are either preaching to the choir or yelling at a wall... so, im out

Preaching to the troll choir, eh?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 12:51 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 12:18:
and still feel that Vader is the greatest Sci-Fi film villain of all time.

Sorry but that title actually belongs to Jar-Jar Binks.

greatest books have closure

One thing that bothers me about sequels too is the wasted page count on summarizing characters/events for new readers. You get this patronizing tone where characters refer to past events in unnatural ways just to explain everything, it sucks. That said there is the rare author who can manage to make something relatively self contained that still leaves open a few plot threads in case they want to revisit it later. The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson is a recent example of that.

Unfortunately most of the publishing houses now try to lock up authors for long term book contracts when they achieve a modicum of success and the terms usually dictate a sequel or two.

Have you read the Takeshi Kovacs books by Richard Morgan?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 12:48 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:58:
nin wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 10:53:
I mean really, is that an outstanding career? That's borderline "You next job is managing the Space MCDonalds".

Yeah, but he killed the shit out of those younglings, right? No one can ever take that away from him.

Yeah, when I was a kid, I saw Star Wars and Empire in a double showing on Empire's wide release day. Saw Jedi on release day. I read all 3 novilizations. The Vader alluded to in the novels and movies was a complete badass that happened to be bested by heroes. His history was dark and mostly unexplored.

Then Lucas gets old and all of the sudden Vader built C3PO and whined and was just a giant bitch all around. Ugh.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2015, 20:05 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 19:05:
InBlack wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 10:20:
About that DarkHorizons article. The article headline mentions "White" but the article itself doesn't mention race anywhere, only age and sex. Kind of scummy if you ask me.

you havent heard? its impossible to be racist against white people

A lot of people certainly seem to believe that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

17. Re: Drug firm offers $1 version of $750 Turing pill. Oct 26, 2015, 20:05 Agent.X7

Orogogus wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 18:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 13:46:
Follow the money. He is a huge contributor to the Democratic party. It doesn't take a big leap in logic to see how Hillary benefits from his price gouging and her immediatly leaping in, promising to do something.

Do you have a source? Shkreli's $2,700 donation to Bernie Sanders was in the news, and Sanders returned it. And then I see a lot of references to a $33,400 donation to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. $30-40K doesn't seem to put him in Bloomberg or Koch brother territory. If it's that easy, then I can go out and buy a politician.

Not about buying a politician. About helping your party get what they want. He takes a nice public fall to boost her popularity.

And people love to shout conspiracy nut right up until it turns out to be true. Benghazi? No, Surely Hillary is above...nope can't even finish that sentence in jest.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow Oct 26, 2015, 19:56 Agent.X7

Now, just put out ALL of the previous maps from the prior games. I mean, I'd even pay for it.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Drug firm offers $1 version of $750 Turing pill. Oct 26, 2015, 13:46 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 11:27:
Rossini wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 11:21:
I wish Imprimis great success. As an aside, I wish there was some way to charge the Shkreli's of the world with murder when their price gouging causes people to die.

I'm really puzzled both how he got to be a CEO, and why his board didn't drop his ass like a hot potato, when he chose to act out and have his little tantrums.

Follow the money. He is a huge contributor to the Democratic party. It doesn't take a big leap in logic to see how Hillary benefits from his price gouging and her immediatly leaping in, promising to do something.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released
7. Re: Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released Oct 25, 2015, 19:22 Agent.X7

This looks pretty cool. Anybody try it out?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 19:20 Agent.X7

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 17:48:
Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 16:17:
Now, get out there and Be The Batman!

When the game reaches 5 bucks, I will.

Yep!!!! They blew it and even if they gave it away to PC players, I would be hesitant. WB should just get out of making any PC game.

They did give it away. I got it for free with one of my cards. Played for about 20 minutes. Laughed hysterically when the fps bottomed out when driving the battank thing. Yeah, what a great bundle game! Show me how with SLI'd 970s I can still achieve single digit fps in a game!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
21. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 14:35 Agent.X7

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:00:
Gaming Law:
If you buy early, expect to pay more. If you wait, expect to pay less.

I know! But pay less does not mean get it for free. Then again, I could agree if they gave the base game for free as long as they would in a way honor the support of those who paid for the game that they're giving away for free by offering their loyal player base a rebate on the expansion. But the veterans get NOTHING, the newbies get a complete free game. And this is plain WRONG. Oh my, whatever. Won't look back and have plenty of other games to play. ArenaNet is now on my shit list - no more money from me. That's the only message they understand. I can wait till they offer the expansion for free.

Entitlement always leads to butthurt when the real world comes knocking.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 22, 2015, 19:00 Agent.X7

That's heavy!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2015, 10:17 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 09:36:
nin wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 09:35:
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get our Back To The Future baseball history...

I totally get that too. If they were not playing the Mets, I would have 100% been rooting for the Cubbies.

Could be worse. Could have been Lucas producing and he would have gone back to change the prediction in the movies to the Mets for the 35th anniversary.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2015, 20:29 Agent.X7

Oh come on, you know you want to buy thi son Back to the Future day! I just did while listening to Huey Lewis and the news.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5 Released
2. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5 Released Oct 20, 2015, 23:57 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 22:35:
Lookin forward to jumping into this over the weekend - caught it on psn for $15.

Hope to see a similar sale on Life Is Strange soon...

It's awesome. Almost finished it tonight. Hope they make a season 2.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

58. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 21:03 Agent.X7

Also:

1.21 gigawatts? GREAT SCOTT!

Tomorrow is Back To The Future day! (I feel so fucking old now.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

56. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 20:33 Agent.X7

Drayth wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 19:17:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 18:53:
Everything being completely out of order turned me off the series when I tried watching it on Netflix. Maybe I'll try to pick up again and do things in a manner that makes sense.

It's well worth it. Just know that there's always a bunch of ok episodes near the beginning of every season (and those tend to be the ones most out of order), then the last 2/3'rds are huge improvements. This is true all the way through the show, unfortunately. But the good episodes.... 3'rd, 4'th and 5'th seasons are just awesome, and not for kids (at one point a clone trooper gets cut in half by a horizontal security door slamming shut while he's climbing up). 1 and 2 have their moments too, but they really caught their stride in 3'rd.

Also note their rendering gets better every season, and that too catches it's stride in 3'rd. They start matching the cinematography of the space fight scenes with the movies around there.

Rebels has it nailed, but there's a lot of tie-in's with CW's, so I would advise watching CW's before ever starting Rebels if you're up for it all.

I watched Rebels first and liked it, so I started watching CW. Man I was confused. Nothing is in order. I am still watching an ep every now and then, but some things really bother me. I saw the movie in the theater years ago and HATED the gay Hutt. He does not fit at all. (The only English speaking Hutt? Great.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

55. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 20:31 Agent.X7

Kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 17:30:
BobBob wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:49:
PTO for a movie?!?

PTO = Travel to real places or doing something extraordinary IMHO.

I AM going to travel to real places in a galaxy far, far away. You just don't know!

People take PTO to play a video game on launch day? So why can't I take PTO to marathon watch Episodes 4, 5, 6, and 7.

I also took 12/18 off so that I can see the first showing Friday morning. I don't believe many people will have tickets for that time shot. It's going to be a regular work day for many so there's chance I can get sneak in an early showing without issue.

Edit: Fixing typos. I'm excited; typing too fast. Need to cool down.

AGreed. Although I am not watching this on opening day, I took 2 vacation days so I could have almost the entire week of November 10th off. (Fallout4, Tomb Raider, Starcraft II, AND the Steam Controller are all showing up at my door that week.)

Also, I guess I will not watch it in 3D. I didn't realize they were not filming it with 3d cameras. I love 3D movies, but only natively filmed 3D movies. I have a passive 3D TV and both the XBone and PS4 can play my 3D blu-rays.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 13:52 Agent.X7

SW looks amazing, but fucked if I am going to go see it opening week. I did that for the "special" editions and Ep I and I have experienced enough plastic lightsabers waving in front of the screen for one lifetime. I will watch in 3D once the crowds die back a bit. (Early afternoon during the week)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 19:47 Agent.X7

1badmf wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:19:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:24:
KS wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:08:
So Daisy does not have a lightsaber in this movie. Though they suggest one with her staff in parallel with, indeed overlapping, the bad guy's beam. She's way too cute for that to suggest she is the series' ultimate bad guy.

Spoilers?

luke isn't on the poster... or is he?!? also, new deathstar in the background?

That's what I thought. Maybe Luke is the guy in the mask, taking on his father's role.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 14:04 Agent.X7

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 01:45:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 22:14:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 21:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 17:31:
Lindsey Lohan, so smart she doesn't realize that she won't be eligible for multiple reasons, including felony convictions and age.
Well, she is talking about 2020, but yeah even for the Jan 20, 2021 inauguration she would be just shy -- born July 2 1986 according to Wikipedia.

I have to admit though, I didn't know there was a law preventing federal elected service for felons. Assuming you're correct, it's not terribly surprising, I just didn't have actual knowledge of an existing law.

There is no law I am aware of, but good luck getting anybody to back you with that felony on your record.

Then again, this is America. Hillary is basically running on an "elect the first woman president" platform, so what the fuck do I know.

Being one of the only ones running that actually seems sane is a rather nice boon for her as well. She mostly just has to wait out the GOP crowd and see what's left standing over there, and then beat them to death with their own words during the primary.

On the other hand, that's a strategy so simple that only a Democrat could fuck it up.

If you think Hillary sounds sane...well, you are beyond my ability to convince you of anything.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2934 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo