Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2954 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 14:12 Agent.X7

JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:20:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Yes, but being an asshole on the internet does not excuse someone ruining a family. Frankly I would have taken a trip to Finland long before now and ended this kid.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 19:40 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:24:
Do any of the PS4 owners here use Playstation Vue? I thought about giving it a shot but paying 50 bucks a month for 50 channels seems a bit steep, even if it works on non-Sony devices like Kindle Fire and iPad.

Nope, strictly Amazon Prime and Netflix for me. (And Netflix only because Longmire got picked up by them.) If it's not on those two and I really want to watch it, I wait for the Blu-Rays. (And a sale.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero Nov 17, 2015, 23:27 Agent.X7

This is pretty cool, except you can't queue as Cho or Gall and find a partner, you have to pre-group with someone. Hopefully that will change. If anybody needs, hit me up. I have both.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:45 Agent.X7

SlimRam wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:04:
Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.

I think I would have been more surprised to hear that he DIDN'T have HIV?

WINNING!

Turns out that wasn't tiger blood in him after all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
15. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 14, 2015, 10:53 Agent.X7

Xero wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 23:34:
Glad to hear. Still have to complete Heart of the Swarm before I can continue where this one picks up.

Still working on that myself. Not a huge RTS fan, but I like the story.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 21:23 Agent.X7

Well, mice mine updated and thankfully nothing seems broken. I kind of like the new dashboard better, but then again there isn't much that isn't better than the old one. Seriously, that was some ugly-ass, cobbled together bullshit. Just like Windows 8.

Edit: Mice? WTF?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 10:50 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 09:55:
I think I'm going to unplug my Xbone when I come home tonight, to make sure it doesn't update. Waaaaaaayyy too many scary stories about the New Experience floating around.

Yeah, all I want to do is play Tomb Raider. I don't want it to NOT be able to play the one game I still have it for. (Well, Gems of War is fun too.)

And...I guess we'll see how it works since it was updating when I turned on the TV.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2015, 12:09.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
88. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 12:40 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 07:13:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 02:10:
heroin wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 01:39:
Lol, I agree 100% with what Shihonage is saying.

I completely disagree with those who keep tooting "times change" bullshit.

The original Fallout 1 & 2 are still motherfucking edgy, still innovative.

I remember when I was a kid and I only played the newest games or listened to the newest music, watched the newest movies. Over time, like Shihonage is saying most people develop some motherfucking taste. Doom metal would never have existed without a little band from 1966 called International Harvester, modern rock wouldn't have happened without the Velvet Underground being influenced by a minimalist piano player La Monte Young in the mid 1960's, Nirvana would never have happened if Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth had not played in the Glenn Branca Ensemble in the early 1980's, Radiohead would never have come up with Kid A without Can "Future Days" 1972. All that old shit was way before my time but it's way better, way more innovative than the shit that came afterwards, the shit it influenced. The same goes for film, Criterion collection shitting all over your art brains - let's see Bethesda shit take on David Lynch film, milk it Bethesda, milk that cow!! Let's see how shitty it is, but oh it's so weird and vast, they spent 100 mil on it, it must be good! Now everything is McMarvelled out the ass like a super hero happy meal shit storm of added food coloring multicolored diarrhea culture shit fuck, Bush 9/11.

Fallout 1 & 2 were that good, they stand the test of motherfucking time.

You know when people smoke pot and think they are making some genius argument but really they just sound ridiculous? ^

You know when people resort to baseless ad-hominem attacks just to appear "cool" and "snarky" but instead end up looking like total idiots?

Yes, you just demonstrated that. Read his post and tell me he make perfect sense all the way through. That last "sentence" is exactly what my brother sounds like when he is stoned and trying to make a point. He thinks it makes sense, sober people think he sounds like a moron.

PS - Using ad-hominem doesn't make you sound smarter, especially since debating a point based totally on personal preference and opinion with someone who is barely making any sense is pointless. But thanks for jumping in to defend him, I'm sure he appreciates it!

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2015, 12:48.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches
8. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 11, 2015, 02:11 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 21:24:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 21:03:
The controller doesn't look half bad, reviews of it seem mostly positive so far; I'll probably buy one eventually.

I really want one, but kinda broke right now. Maybe after xmas...

It certainly looks neat. I have a bookface friend with one, and his review was generally positive.

Yeah, taking some getting used to. I probably need to tweak some settings or something, but right now I prefer using my Bone controller.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

74. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 02:10 Agent.X7

heroin wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 01:39:
Lol, I agree 100% with what Shihonage is saying.

I completely disagree with those who keep tooting "times change" bullshit.

The original Fallout 1 & 2 are still motherfucking edgy, still innovative.

I remember when I was a kid and I only played the newest games or listened to the newest music, watched the newest movies. Over time, like Shihonage is saying most people develop some motherfucking taste. Doom metal would never have existed without a little band from 1966 called International Harvester, modern rock wouldn't have happened without the Velvet Underground being influenced by a minimalist piano player La Monte Young in the mid 1960's, Nirvana would never have happened if Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth had not played in the Glenn Branca Ensemble in the early 1980's, Radiohead would never have come up with Kid A without Can "Future Days" 1972. All that old shit was way before my time but it's way better, way more innovative than the shit that came afterwards, the shit it influenced. The same goes for film, Criterion collection shitting all over your art brains - let's see Bethesda shit take on David Lynch film, milk it Bethesda, milk that cow!! Let's see how shitty it is, but oh it's so weird and vast, they spent 100 mil on it, it must be good! Now everything is McMarvelled out the ass like a super hero happy meal shit storm of added food coloring multicolored diarrhea culture shit fuck, Bush 9/11.

Fallout 1 & 2 were that good, they stand the test of motherfucking time.

You know when people smoke pot and think they are making some genius argument but really they just sound ridiculous? ^

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

70. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 22:40 Agent.X7

Citizen P wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 20:49:
shihonage wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 19:37:
Hey, you figured out I have issues with Bethesda's take on Fallout. Congratulations.

Wasteland 2 is just a mediocre squad shooter. No real world-building or story to hold it together, the whole thing is a giant gimmick.

Perhaps your inability to discern between genres is not merely a symptom of your own mental deficiency, but just a sign of the times where all genres are grinded together for profitability and robbed of their individual edge.

Case in point: Fallout 4, an alleged "ar-pee-gee", which is really an FPS.

(INT check failure) Oh no, he started with the hurty Bethesda words again, better stop reading this post now. Bad words hurt head. Bad man, go away.

An RPG elitist! I appreciate your neckbeard is long, unwashed, and dusted orange with sacred cheetos, may your parents basement be everdark and foreboding to the profane sunlight and social graces of in-person human contact. The original Fallouts were great isometric games in their time, and that time has passed: go back and enjoy them, otherwise don't play these new iterations if they have sullied your perfect memories. Times change and things change with it, except you, in your basement and your sour fantasies.

Except war. War never changes.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 15:22 Agent.X7

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:24:
A lot of the reviews of the controller are playing madmax. Is it not recognizing it or is it some other issue? I found one thing about not being able to run/walk and control the camera at the same time if you have the right trackpad set to mouse control.

Games are going to have to stop shutting down the unused control set if this thing is going to work out. :/

Huh, I'll have to play around with it. It will mouse look with the right pad, but the stick does nothing and all the other buttons are messed up. To be honest, I haven't spent much time doing anything else but Tomb Raider right now. Hey, it's the biggest reason I still have an XBONE. I just finished the Uncharted remasters and the new TR series is my second favorite.

Besides, Fallout 4 took 2 hours to install, and now I am waiting for SCII - Legacy to install.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 13:11 Agent.X7

Well, Steam controller doesn't work with Mad Max. Damn.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 11:44 Agent.X7

Whoop! Tomb Raider and Fallout just arrived via UPS. Holy crap is the TR box big! And the Pip Boy is AWESOME!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 11:13 Agent.X7

descender wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:09:
I'm way more excited for my Steampad showing up today than either FO4 or SC2:3... I've been waiting on starting Witcher3 until I got it.

Yeah, I have been waiting to start Mad Max with it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2015, 10:18 Agent.X7

Call in sick? No no no, I'm on a post-apocalyptic, tomb raiding, starcrafting vacation!

Seriously, all 3 games I have been looking forward to came out on the same day, AND the Steam controller. (And yes, I bought CEs for them all! MWAHAHAHAHA!)

The bad part is I am waiting for UPS and Fedex. (Tomb Raider CE was online order only, Best Buy was the only place I found with the Fallout4 CE - Back on June 19th! - and Amazon is sending the Starcraft II one. I will laugh hysterically if Newegg delivers the new motherboard I am reviewing for them today as well. Who needs Christmas, I have November 10th!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
17. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 13:35 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 09:49:
All hail the new Kings of Casual!

All Hail Diablo Poop Crush!
All Hail Heroes of Warcraft Sugar Candy Mountain!
All Hail Heart of Stone Mega Kerrigan Crush Saga!
All Hail! Hail! Hail!

Beat me to it. Blizz themed Crush Sagas in 3...2...1...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 19:41 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 14:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 14:05:
Almost guarateed that Sony assigns Uncharted to another developer. The people who made Golden Abyss did a fantastic job, and there are more stories from Drake's past they can tell.

So they own the IP, and not ND (honestly don't know, I'm asking)? I know the mobile was an outside dev, but I didn't know if that was something ND cooked up, or sony?

Honestly, at this point, I want to see another Last of Us (which they basically say is coming), minus Joel and Ellie.

Oh, they own the IP because they own Naughty Dog. That's why you'll never see ND games on another platform. Also why ND got away with saying they weren't working on an HD re-release of Uncharted, even though everyone knew it was coming. Sony assigned it to someone else, so technically ND wasn't lying.

I just hope to see a PS4 version of Golden Abyss someday.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 29, 2015, 14:12 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:37:
Move Over Sit-and-Stand Desks, Here’s the Power Reclining Workstation.

Want! But $4K (sale price!) is a bit over the top.

Yup. I'm past the point where I can sit upright all day and play a game, but I can make something for myself for WAY less money. Awesome concept, though.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 14:05 Agent.X7

Almost guarateed that Sony assigns Uncharted to another developer. The people who made Golden Abyss did a fantastic job, and there are more stories from Drake's past they can tell.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2954 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo