Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2955 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
13. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 13:50 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 10:04:
Desalus wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 09:51:
nin wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 09:38:
Is there really that much of a demand for this on the pc?

The first three Gears of War games sold 5 to 6.5 million copies, so yes, I imagine that there is a sizable market for the game on PC. Personally, I enjoyed the first three games and I do not own an XBONE (nor do I want to), so I am very glad to see this coming to PC.

But were those released on pc? What were the sales numbers on pc? I'm not seeing 2 or 3? What's the advantage of playing it on pc when you're missing half of it?

Yup, I love Epic, but fuck them for releasing 1 and then forgetting us. I don't want to play 4 because you didn't want me to play 2 and 3.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2016, 13:29 Agent.X7

Spend $2K on PC parts and then bitch about how hard it was to put together because YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PCS.

Or buy one pre-built from one of dozens of makers that probably would have been cheaper and come with a warranty and tech support. Duh.

Yeah, PC gaming is so hard my ex-wife can do it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 1, 2016, 14:06 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 10:54:
The movie reboot was an overblown embarrassment.

But it had RollerGirl!

I actually liked the movie.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 13:42 Agent.X7

STEAM SUMMER SALE

So...Rise of the Tomb Raider is on sale for $38. 35% off.
BUT, if you but it in the "action pack" with Just Cause 3 and you already own Just Cause 3, you get it for $29. (About 50% off.) Glad I caught that, as I really want to put this game up against my 1070 card when it comes in. (Amazon says July 26th, but it should be sooner.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 13:35 Agent.X7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:46:
Oh great... here comes the Rand Al'Thor losers..

Oh great, here comes the internet hipsters...oh wait, you've been here. Shoo. Shoo.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
7. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 26, 2016, 19:53 Agent.X7

1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 18:38:
too bad there isn't a really good ultrawide monitor yet.

I've got a Dell 34" that's pretty damn good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
2. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 26, 2016, 16:45 Agent.X7

About time!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 12:59 Agent.X7

STEAM STORE CRASHED.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 12:57 Agent.X7

STEAM SALE IS UP NOW! WHOO!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 21:53 Agent.X7

Founders editions on Newegg from Asus and a couple of others. Waiting for the Strix edition from Asus. I like my quiet PC.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2016, 22:25 Agent.X7

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 18:37:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 17:09:
Blue, like Brian said get yourself checked out. In the meantime, it's best not to self-diagnose. Not even real doctors do that shit, and for very good reason.

Nonsense, that's what WebMD is for, and you should always be your own lawyer.

Haha, reminds me of a resident who is threatening us because one of our grills violates his OSHA rights.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
26. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 22:21 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 17:49:
siapnar wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:23:
Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:02:
Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

The driving still looked pretty awful though...
A poll ball going 80kmph at your temple. Pretty good chance you'd die from that.

IF it hits your temple, sure. Pretty dang hard to aim that weapon though, so more likely you'd sock a guy in the face, and hurt him, or hit him in the shoulder, and make him go "ow" before he guts you with a knife.

Let's put it this way, there's a reason nobody is using that as an actual weapon.

I guarantee you if I hit you with a pool ball on a string you would hit the floor pretty quick. It's the same concept as nunchaku. Sure, they look easy to take a hit from in movies. Hell, guys shrug off punches like nothing in movies. In reality it's very, very easy to break bones or seriously injure someone with them. Shit, I used to get some pretty nasty bruises from practice chucks just learning to control them.

Also, I didn't think Aiden Pierce was a bad protagonist.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 13:42 Agent.X7

I suspect this will be like Prototype where they replaced the main character from the first one because people complained he wasn't likeable. Then the 2nd game had an even worse main character.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced
13. Re: OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced May 30, 2016, 11:05 Agent.X7

Mercenar wrote on May 30, 2016, 03:56:
OUTCAST was a truly amazing game at the time, both visualy and musicaly.

the story, the main character (bruce willis voice), and all the stargate-like universe were also a big part of it.

and it was not a french game guys, but a belgian game !

and yes, the original studio is back (APPEAL), and I have big hopes in this one. I was a backer of the sadly failed kickstarter campaign for the HD reboot. let's cross fingers on this new try !

I think you are thinking of Apocalypse, the only video game other than the Fifth Element adaption that Bruce Willis has ever done a voice for.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2016, 20:00 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on May 29, 2016, 16:21:
Agent.X7 wrote on May 29, 2016, 11:34:
I work at an apartment community. If I fail to do something just how a resident wants, I'm an incompetent asshole. Unless that resident is a certain ethnic minority, and then 90% of the time I'm a racist for not doing things the exact same way I do for everyone else as well. I got called a racist for not letting someone who does not live here use our amenities. The real racists are usually the ones pointing fingers and calling everyone else a racist.
While it's not right for them to couch things like that in racist terms, you might be a little understanding after hundreds of years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, and dozens of youtube vids and stories of unarmed black people being killed by police, that they might have that reaction.

That's the problem though, isn't it? A whole lot of people carrying around a huge chip on their shoulders for something that didn't happen to them and blaming people who had nothing to do with it in the first place. And the media eggs them on and sustains the whole mess.

And no, when some bitch plays the race card because she is mad she can't just walk in any old place and get on a computer to check her mail she can go fuck herself and her entitlement. I have no desire to be understanding of assholes.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2016, 11:34 Agent.X7

I work at an apartment community. If I fail to do something just how a resident wants, I'm an incompetent asshole. Unless that resident is a certain ethnic minority, and then 90% of the time I'm a racist for not doing things the exact same way I do for everyone else as well. I got called a racist for not letting someone who does not live here use our amenities. The real racists are usually the ones pointing fingers and calling everyone else a racist.

Meanwhile Trump and Hillary are set to take over, and whoever wins, we lose.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2016, 01:52 Agent.X7

Yifes wrote on May 28, 2016, 22:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on May 28, 2016, 22:22:
Can I go to China, Japan, and Korea and bitch about the lack of white dudes in the movies made there? 72% of this country is Caucasian. 12% is black, and they are the BIGGEST minority. Asian ethnics make up about 5% of the population. (From ALL Asian countries.) If anything, most groups are over-represented in Hollywood in some sort of attempt to make everyone feel good about themselves.

Having said that, it is weird when Jesus is a white dude and so is Gandhi. In multiple movies.

The thing is, a lot less than 5% of Hollywood is Asian. If you look at recent major releases, you have Sulu in Star Trek and that dude in the Fast and Furious movie. That's like what, 2 people out of hundreds of actors, both in minor roles. And when's the last time an Asian actor had a leading role in a movie outside of the rare stereotypical Kung Fu flick? There's no way you can say Asians are over-represented.

Also, Hollywood may be based in the US, but it makes movies for global consumption. A lot of blockbusters make WAY more in foreign markets than domestically, and a film's oversea's gross can be essential to its success. That's a huge difference than asian cinema making films for their own much more racially homogenous markets.

I think you're seeing what you want to see and not reality. Pop quiz: Who is one of the lead actors on The Walking Dead? One of the main characters in Maze Runner? Daniel Dae Kim has been in how many hit TV shows AND movies? Lucy Lui? Come on, there are a ton of Asian actors.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2016, 22:25 Agent.X7

Just in case anybody is interested, Origin is doing a 30% off sale this weekend. I just picked up Dragan Age Inquisition GotY edition for $27.99.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2016, 22:22 Agent.X7

djinn wrote on May 28, 2016, 17:56:
Ok. So he want's an Asian William Wallace? Might make a better ending than Braveheart, or you know... history.

Can I go to China, Japan, and Korea and bitch about the lack of white dudes in the movies made there? 72% of this country is Caucasian. 12% is black, and they are the BIGGEST minority. Asian ethnics make up about 5% of the population. (From ALL Asian countries.) If anything, most groups are over-represented in Hollywood in some sort of attempt to make everyone feel good about themselves.

Having said that, it is weird when Jesus is a white dude and so is Gandhi. In multiple movies.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
9. Re: Morning Mobilization May 26, 2016, 23:59 Agent.X7

Pretty fun. LFD in the Warhammer universe. The price it's at now is probably as much as I'd pay though.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2955 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo