Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2947 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 13, 2015, 11:27 Agent.X7

I keep meaning to play more of this now that it is free of monthly subs, but man, SO MANY GAMES. I haven't even really done much with the new GW2 expansion. I finished the new TR and then Beyond Two SOuls gets a HD release and JC3 comes out (which I held off on but Bats keeps posting pics of that make me yearn to play it) and still working on Fallout 4 and Starcraft and....AGH!~  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 01:19 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 12:21:
descender wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 17:46:

The government isn't profiting off of immunizations, so how could that possibly be their motivation?

That's actually the reason the government handles it. There's so little profit in vaccines that no private company would make them if the government didn't. But they serve such a vital function. I can't believe people argue against the technology that eradicated small pox, a disease estimated to have killed 500 million people last century, and hundreds of millions more in the centuries before that.

If you are talking about the US, you are misinformed. The government does not make them, and they generate billions of dollars in income every year for big-pharma companies.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2015, 13:52 Agent.X7

Pigeon wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 11:52:
1badmf wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:25:
it's also weird how consistently the leaders pick better than everyone else. i would think beyond a certain point (that a lot of us football fans are past) that it's all just statistical noise, but the names on the espn leaderboard are almost always the same dudes all season long.

I think there's some level of skill to it, paying attention to injuries knowing who plays well against what team, but I think its mostly luck. Get 2 or 3 good weeks, and then do average or just above average and you'll stay ahead of everyone else.

"Finally met the love of my life, and get banned from the rest of the CON and lose two more $100 photo ops with him because I lost my mind... got so excited standing beside him... and just turned my head and bit him!"

She then urinated on the carpet and whimpered for 4 straight hours.

I can't stand it when people "fall in love" with actors. YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS PERSON IN REALITY. Actor. Acting. Seek mental help.

And Neil. I'm glad you can go out on a high note. THanks for setting the bar so high I can't even see it anymore.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
13. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 7, 2015, 22:42 Agent.X7

If I can try it for free I might bite, but not willing to shell out money to try it and find out I don't like it. I'm not sure the cartoony, fast paced arena shooter is my thing. I like BF4 type stuff.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
12. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 6, 2015, 19:51 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 17:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:33:
Remember when WoW took off and then everyone and their brother wanted to make an MMO game and pretty soon the market was so flooded that they could barely make a profit?

I predict the same market saturation here.

We can already see it first hand. League of Lesbians has all the players. Even its closest competitor Dota 2 has a tiny fraction of the player base.

The problem with making a MOBA, or an MMO, is people only want to play the game that everyone else is already playing.

Do you have numbers to back that up? DOTA 2 seems pretty popular, as does HotS.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
6. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 6, 2015, 16:33 Agent.X7

Remember when WoW took off and then everyone and their brother wanted to make an MMO game and pretty soon the market was so flooded that they could barely make a profit?

I predict the same market saturation here.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 13:53 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:32:
Guy did good making it to 48. To be a rocker I reckon you have to have a tormented soul.

He was lucky as hell to make it to 48 considering the amount of heroin he used.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 13:46 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:14:
nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:08:
Except that one time they took blood and I went blind for 5-10 minutes, that was freaky as hell...
What the hell? Did you get an explanation?

This was explained in the link I found when I was trying to figure out how much those blood vials hold. It's called a vasovagal response, and it's the most common form of fainting. Having one suggests you are prone to them, so it should be kept in mind, though they are more common in younger people, so you may grow out of them too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

I have them all the time. Every time I switch doctors, I tell them and they ignore me. I once pitched forward out of a chair and my 100lb nurse tried to catch me and wound up with a sprained wrist and a nasty bump on her head. (6'3", 225) Now it's on my chart to have me lay down and be strapped in before they take blood.

I have whited out a couple of times. I can hear and talk back, but my ears feel like they are stuffed with cotton and I cannot see anything except white.

I can prevent them by eating and having something sugary before hand. The only times it happens, though, is getting a tattoo or a shot/taking blood. Tattoo and shot I am covered for. I load up on sugar and breeze through. (Well, Tattoos, anyway, shots still make me a little woozy) Blood for test though? They always want you to fast for 12 hours before hand, so I am always screwed.

The stupid part is, I have been stabbed, operated on while conscious and watching, you name it and it doesn't bother me. I broke my thumb and drove myself to the ER. One oz of blood gets drawn with a needle though and I pass out.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2015, 13:51.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 21:03 Agent.X7

Not much hope for the XBone anyway. Just finished Tomb Raider on my Bone and sold it. TR cut scenes were so choppy it was ridiculous, and in certain areas the frame-rate dipped noticeably. I kept my CE stuff, but the game and box are gone. I'll 100% it on PS4, thanks. (Also, a bug prevented a lot of players form completing side missions past a certain point. That was fun.)

JC3 is definite PC purchase for me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Hardware > Nov 2015 New Rig Build.
6. No subject Nov 27, 2015, 19:59 Agent.X7

Retired wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 13:54:
Awesome thanks Agent, I will check all of that out. I was hoping to snag some gear on Black Friday, but nothing really of note anywhere.

Yeah, not really in the market right now, but I checked out all the Newegg and Amazon specials just to see. Some storage had decent pricing, but not really any good deals on the big stuff.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 19:55 Agent.X7

It's not a huge thing here in Charlotte. Or, if it is, the crazy people get up at 3AM to hit all the stores and are done by the time I leave the house at noon.

Stopped by HHGREGG to pick up an awesome theater recliner for about 1/3 off the normal price. Almost nobody there, traffic was lighter than a normal Friday down here.

Stopped by the range to pick up my new rifle. Pro-shop was dead, but there was a wait for the range soon after I got in.

Stopped by Kohls to get shirts for work. (50-75% off) Less people than a normal Friday.

Went to Zaxby's for late lunch. NOBODY there. Drove home on 77 S with traffic as light as it usually is at midnight.

By comparison, Black Friday where I am from in upstate NY was a warzone.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Hardware > Nov 2015 New Rig Build.
4. No subject Nov 27, 2015, 10:51 Agent.X7

I'll tell you what I have and see if it helps.

Case - Corsair Air 540 http://tinyurl.com/pu7zqah - Super quiet, big ass fans. PSU is in a separate compartment, wiring is easy through the grommets provided. Easily attach a Corsair liquid cooler to the top for your CPU. (Using an H110i GT http://tinyurl.com/nwab8po ) Case is very quiet, especially with the liquid cooling.

I have 2 Asus Strix 970 cards. They help with the noise as the fans don't even turn on ant low temps, and they are super quiet even at full speed. (Seriously, my one older HDD is the noisiest thing in this PC right now.) http://tinyurl.com/p6h9dgf

My CPU is an I7 4930K, but only because I already had it from an Alienware desktop. I chose to stick with that and get an LG2011 Asus motherboard to fit it. (Basically one of the last 2011 motherboards still being made.) Great board (Rampage IV). I mixed the cheap-ass ALienware OEM RAM with 2 stick of Klevv RAM and it works great. Board is supposed to be great for OCing, but I never have time to mess with it.

Of course then Newegg sends me a board for the newest i7 CPUs to test out, but..yeah. (Maximus VIII Ranger.) Always been a fan of Asus boards ever since A-Bit ceased to exist. (Well, a bit before then, as their last few boards were shit.)

Oh, yeah. HDD - I got this WD Blue SSHD 4TB drive from Newegg for review. Wow. I have my OS on a 500GB SSD, but STEAM and all my games live on this WD drive. It loads fast. WAY faster than my old 10,000 RPM drive. And 4TB should last your for a bit. (Always check Amazon vs Newegg, though. They are often cheaper especially if you have Prime.) http://tinyurl.com/nulvqmc

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2015, 11:08.

Man, editing this so much, lol. PSU -- I have 2 Corsair PSUs. (Yes, both from Newegg. I get free stuff to review.) These are also stupid quiet. I never hear this thing, especially since it is behind my motherboard. http://tinyurl.com/ov5xjnv Platinum Plus is great for your power bill to. (Gold is also good, but uses slightly more power from the socket.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 14:17 Agent.X7

Retired wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:45:
......so many games....so little time.....I feel like it is Thanksgiving Turkey hangover with all the games I have to play right now......

Ditto.
TOmb Raider
Starcraft II
Mad Max
Guild Wars 2 Expansion
Fallout 4
Beyond 2 Souls PS4
Just Cause 3( next week)

And still trying to play BF4 and HotS occasionally.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 14:12 Agent.X7

JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:20:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Yes, but being an asshole on the internet does not excuse someone ruining a family. Frankly I would have taken a trip to Finland long before now and ended this kid.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 19:40 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:24:
Do any of the PS4 owners here use Playstation Vue? I thought about giving it a shot but paying 50 bucks a month for 50 channels seems a bit steep, even if it works on non-Sony devices like Kindle Fire and iPad.

Nope, strictly Amazon Prime and Netflix for me. (And Netflix only because Longmire got picked up by them.) If it's not on those two and I really want to watch it, I wait for the Blu-Rays. (And a sale.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero Nov 17, 2015, 23:27 Agent.X7

This is pretty cool, except you can't queue as Cho or Gall and find a partner, you have to pre-group with someone. Hopefully that will change. If anybody needs, hit me up. I have both.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:45 Agent.X7

SlimRam wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:04:
Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.

I think I would have been more surprised to hear that he DIDN'T have HIV?

WINNING!

Turns out that wasn't tiger blood in him after all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
15. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 14, 2015, 10:53 Agent.X7

Xero wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 23:34:
Glad to hear. Still have to complete Heart of the Swarm before I can continue where this one picks up.

Still working on that myself. Not a huge RTS fan, but I like the story.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 21:23 Agent.X7

Well, mice mine updated and thankfully nothing seems broken. I kind of like the new dashboard better, but then again there isn't much that isn't better than the old one. Seriously, that was some ugly-ass, cobbled together bullshit. Just like Windows 8.

Edit: Mice? WTF?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 10:50 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 09:55:
I think I'm going to unplug my Xbone when I come home tonight, to make sure it doesn't update. Waaaaaaayyy too many scary stories about the New Experience floating around.

Yeah, all I want to do is play Tomb Raider. I don't want it to NOT be able to play the one game I still have it for. (Well, Gems of War is fun too.)

And...I guess we'll see how it works since it was updating when I turned on the TV.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2015, 12:09.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2947 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo