Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2934 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 2, 2016, 22:31 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 20:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 17:25:

Niche product? Probably for now. But WoW was adapted for 3D monitors and still works on them, so...

So, you suggest at some point that OR won't be a niche product, then use 3D monitors as your example?

Also, I never said FPS games wouldn't be included as part of that appeal. They'd be great for immersive single player shooters, IMO. I'd think you'd be at a advantage in multiplayer, as most widescreen monitors would probably offer a wider FOV than the OR? Also, I wonder about the effect that the twitchy motion a competitive shooter could have on someone.

No, I suggest that 3D monitors are clearly a niche product, and yet major games still built in support for them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 22:29 Agent.X7

El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:08:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:54:
At the risk of angering the anti-gun people on Blues, this is why I laugh every time Obama gives crocodile tears on the TV about "gun violence" and vows to do som

Your brain called. It said you left it at a party last night.

Car - means of transportation
Gun - means of killing

Yep, absolutely comparable. I drove my gun last night, it was awesome.

Understand? A gun can ONLY be used for violence (violence includes harassment and intimidation, by the way, not only shooting). A car can be used to kill, harass and intimidate, too, but that it is definitely by far not its main purpose.

What's with all the personal attacks? Nobody can debate anything without name calling and bullshit. If your argument is so weak that they only thing you can do is a personal attack, you've already lost.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 22:27 Agent.X7

Nucas wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:08:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:54:
Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:28:
Nucas wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:18:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 12:20:
A dickhead drunk driver totaled my brother's SUV and another brand new car while parked right before midnight, last night, before crashing about a hundred meters down the road.

I'm sure he'll get his wrist slapped real hard though.

i hear this expressed a lot and i wonder if people know what really happens. one of my management staff got a DUI this summer. all told he ended up owing over 10,000 dollars and lost his license for one year; can't even drive to work. he can apply for a conditional work license in 6 months, and may qualify for it after the 10th month.

Without knowing what state you live in, I'm going to guess this was not the guy's first offense. It seems unlikely they revoke your license for a year your first DUI offense, but this may vary from state to state.

And I'm sorry, thousands of people DIE due to drunk (or high, whatever) drivers, and it seems that in the large majority of cases, it's never the fucking shitwallet who chooses to drive drunk who dies. It's always the innocent person with the three children in the back seat who buys it.

DUI should be treated as fucking attempted murder if you get into a wreck. It is ridiculous how lax we are against it considering the amount of fatalities it causes each and every single year.

If you can't have the fucking willpower to NOT drive after you've had too much to drink, your "contribution to society" can easily be done without.

And then they go out and drink and get behind the wheel. To hard on DUIs? Fuck that. I think the immediate punishment should be the officer wailing on your genitals with a baton until you puke them up, and then we go from there.

when i was 23 i was almost killed by a drunk driver who ripped my honda civic to pieces. my right ankle and foot were shattered. (healed wrong and later needed to be re-broken to heal correctly.) i found out later i apparently stumbled towards him trying to attack him after the police got me out of the car, but i don't remember it.

according to the fire police the car saved my life. actually i wanted another one after that happened and happened to mention my story at the dealership. the sales rep said "excuse me" and made me wait for 40 or so minutes. i was getting pissed when he comes back with the manager and says "hey, we just called home office and told them everything.. listen, we're going to cut a portion off whatever you get today, we're just really glad you're ok." i saved 8000 dollars.

the driver had a sad story, of course. don't we all. i didn't care then. his daughter was given to relatives since the mom had died a few months previously. never followed what happened to him. as of 4 or so years ago he was still in jail.

and of course the effects on me were less than spectacular. i could no longer skateboard, run, a lot of the things i loved doing. i still can't. i identified myself through a lot of these activities i can no longer do and i can't really say i'm at peace with any of it yet.

but i guess the point is despite this, i don't have some ridiculous, overblown emotional reaction when i hear "DUI". people make mistakes and they should be allowed to recover from them. you can't really be serious saying cops should drag a drunk driver out of his car and beat his genitals with a nightstick? perhaps you are, since you seem to be the sort to inject politics and "obama this obama that" into any kind of conversation.

ok thanks blues news for somehow compelling me to tell this story

Oh you, with your pedestrian personal attacks. I yawn. And yes, clearly I meant for them to actually be beaten as we all know that people will ACTUALLY physically vomit up their genitals if you strike them hard enough.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 2, 2016, 17:25 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 15:38:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:43:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 09:51:
Oculus is as niche as TrackIR. If not more so due to the expensive.

Too much Vodka, Komrad?

He's correct though. It's not quite as niche as Track IR, but it is niche. It's not a monitor replacement, nor is it something as general as a smartphone. It's used for certain types of games and experiences, and that's all.

Yeah, you can totally adapt it to FPS games, since they ARE. (UE4 engine is native support and a bunch of FPS coming) It's basically the same as the hat stick on old flight sims. The gun is pointed forward, but you can look around independent of where you are aiming. You know, sort of like real life.

Niche product? Probably for now. But WoW was adapted for 3D monitors and still works on them, so...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 17:21 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:23:
Season Six Of Game Of Thrones Will Air Before Sixth Book Is Finished

I wasn't aware there was ever any indication it would be otherwise?

Martin kept saying that he would finish the book by the end of 2015 and it would be out a few weeks before season 6 started. He kind of sucks at deadlines.

Not a big deal to me, because other than the music I didn't care for the show, so it won't spoil anything for me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 10:54 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:28:
Nucas wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:18:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 12:20:
A dickhead drunk driver totaled my brother's SUV and another brand new car while parked right before midnight, last night, before crashing about a hundred meters down the road.

I'm sure he'll get his wrist slapped real hard though.

i hear this expressed a lot and i wonder if people know what really happens. one of my management staff got a DUI this summer. all told he ended up owing over 10,000 dollars and lost his license for one year; can't even drive to work. he can apply for a conditional work license in 6 months, and may qualify for it after the 10th month.

Without knowing what state you live in, I'm going to guess this was not the guy's first offense. It seems unlikely they revoke your license for a year your first DUI offense, but this may vary from state to state.

And I'm sorry, thousands of people DIE due to drunk (or high, whatever) drivers, and it seems that in the large majority of cases, it's never the fucking shitwallet who chooses to drive drunk who dies. It's always the innocent person with the three children in the back seat who buys it.

DUI should be treated as fucking attempted murder if you get into a wreck. It is ridiculous how lax we are against it considering the amount of fatalities it causes each and every single year.

If you can't have the fucking willpower to NOT drive after you've had too much to drink, your "contribution to society" can easily be done without.

At the risk of angering the anti-gun people on Blues, this is why I laugh every time Obama gives crocodile tears on the TV about "gun violence" and vows to do something if it would help just one child!

Meanwhile every asshole in the country has a car whether or not they have a license to drive it and motor vehicle accidents kill way more people every year. I drive to work through Charlotte rush hour every day and every. Single. Fucking. Day. I see at LEAST one person pull some stupid ass driving stunt that could potentially kill a bunch of people. Most days there are major accidents that fuck up traffic even more, and you know it's because some dickwad was driving just like that.

And then they go out and drink and get behind the wheel. To hard on DUIs? Fuck that. I think the immediate punishment should be the officer wailing on your genitals with a baton until you puke them up, and then we go from there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 2, 2016, 10:43 Agent.X7

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 09:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 14:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 13:56:
I want to be wowed by Rift, but this seems like the worst game to do that. Oh, an N64 looking platformer! Whee!

Yeah, I'm thinking more like Fallout 4 in VR, not Mario.

It was announced a few weeks ago that Eve: Valkyrie will also be bundled with Oculus.

Also price speculation that the OR could be $500 or more.

Pricing is fine, about what you expect for a next gen console. Until I see some finished games that wow me and make me want to buy it, however, I wouldn't pay even $100 for it.

I just looked through their Wiki list and I don't really see anything that would make me buy one just yet. Half-Life 2 is supported. Great. Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts? No? Why the hell would I pay $500 to see graphics from over a decade ago?

Geez, you want to sell a buttload of these? Make Fallout 4 compatible. Make World of Warcraft compatible. (Bash on it all you want, millions of people play and I bet a bunch would hop on the VR bandwagon to plug into Azeroth in VR.) Borderlands? The new Wolfenstein?

Everything they have so far seems like a tech demo.

You've spent how many years playing FPS games and still don't realise that FPS games by design can't support head tracking as aiming is done with the gun - there is no head in FPS games.

Oculus is as niche as TrackIR. If not more so due to the expensive.

Too much Vodka, Komrad?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 2, 2016, 00:39 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:57:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
I want to be wowed by Rift, but this seems like the worst game to do that. Oh, an N64 looking platformer! Whee!

It was announced a few weeks ago that Eve: Valkyrie will also be bundled with Oculus.

Pricing is fine, about what you expect for a next gen console. Until I see some finished games that wow me and make me want to buy it, however, I wouldn't pay even $100 for it.

I just looked through their Wiki list and I don't really see anything that would make me buy one just yet. Half-Life 2 is supported. Great. Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts? No? Why the hell would I pay $500 to see graphics from over a decade ago?

Geez, you want to sell a buttload of these? Make Fallout 4 compatible. Make World of Warcraft compatible. (Bash on it all you want, millions of people play and I bet a bunch would hop on the VR bandwagon to plug into Azeroth in VR.) Borderlands? The new Wolfenstein?

You realize this is display hardware right?

You do realize that hardware vendors constantly hit up software vendors to help move their products, right? I mean, you are aware that even though the PS4 is hardware, Sony pushes hard for developers to make software for it? I mean, come on with that comment.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 21:35 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 17:02 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 1, 2016, 13:59 Agent.X7

Yup, we just take a Twitter users word for that story. No proof needed.

In related news, I've just discovered a way to pull hundred dollar bills from mid-air! Quick, call the Times!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 13:56 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 13:42 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 12:53:
Passed Out In Bed, Floated On Pond-Prank.

Funny, but almost looks staged. How stupid could he be not to simply paddle?

No real plans here. Alcohol is stocked, no need to go out.

Ditto. Kid is with Wife's family in NY. It just me, the dog, the cat, and a bar's worth of alcohol. I sense takeout food and Fallout 4 in my future.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
28. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 19:43 Agent.X7

Wait for the PC or PS4 version. XBone had awful frame issues during cut scenes and certain action sequences. Nothing says XBone like 15 fps!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 19:41 Agent.X7

Die Hard.

Now I have a machine gun. Ho - Ho - Ho

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
45. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 27, 2015, 16:50 Agent.X7

Devinoch wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 15:06:
NewMaxx wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 04:41:
You ever hear of the Chernobyl disaster? This level of incompetence is comparable.

Aaaand right about that point everyone in the room stopped listening to your crazy ramblings.

Hehe, yup. OMG, a video game delivery system accidentally exposed some peoples' private information! This is the same level of incompetence that caused a nuclear reactor to melt down and kill 31 people and poison thousands of others! A video game delivery system hiccup is just as bad as the SECOND WORST NUCLEAR DISASTER IN HISTORY!

Get a grip.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
11. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 16:43 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 13:49:
So MS paid for a 2 month exclusivity? I'm sure that sold a ton of extra consoles...

Technically MS paid for 1 year exclusivity. Their Xbox One had it first, and now PC (MS Windows) gets it. Sony has to wait until holiday 2016.

It was the only game I was saving my Bone for. I played it and beat it and sold it and the console. I didn't 100% it like the last one because there are some damn annoying bugs that will hopefully be worked out when the PS4 version comes out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
29. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 27, 2015, 00:14 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 23:35:
For about a decade and a half I worked with all the major telcos on a regular basis. They were all pretty bad. And it wasn't just the people answering the phones. I'd say about half of the "techs" were clueless. Lost count of the times I had to explain their network to them. Saving direct numbers to competent techs is the only way I managed to save my sanity.

Lol, don't get me started. I worked for Time Warner for a bit as a customer service rep. 90% of the reps have no clue how to do most of their job. I had the bonus of being an IT guy so Roadrunner "techs" were at my desk all the time asking me how to fix their problems too.

Not that our customers were any better, mind you.

I see this as a minor blip. Every company is full of incompetent morons all trying to do their best to fuck everything up for the small percentage of competent people who work there and hold everything together. You can think otherwise if it makes you feel better.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 20:20 Agent.X7

Merry Christmas everyone!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 22, 2015, 11:09 Agent.X7

I cannot play her. I just absolutely suck with her. One of the few heroes I can do nothing with.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2934 Comments. 147 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo