Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On June 28, 2005
Supporter -
Total Comments 3313 (Veteran)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing

9. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 13:12 Agent.X7

Frijoles wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 11:52:
Played at release for a while and really enjoyed it. Came back a few months later and it looked like a tablet had taken a shit all over the screen. Click this, click that, get a daily whatever! What a mess. Think I stuck around for about 10 minutes and haven't been back. I'm going to miss my bunny.

This exactly. I played the open beta and liked it so much I bought it. I played the free 30 days and was failry burned out by the grind by then. When it went FTP I tried again and was like WTF happened to this game? I could not getback into it.

The art and the announcer were awesome, the combat was pretty good for an MMO, but it was very grindy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 12:50 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 12:06:
Virginia man puts up electric fence near a school bus stop to keep kids off his lawn.

You know I was actually empathetic toward the man until I saw his photo. What a real American hero.

You know how dickish that sounds, right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens

28. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2018, 11:38 Agent.X7

I pretty much played this from 6PM until midnight last night trying to get assignments completed to get dog tags and having a blast.

Someone commented that bullets seemed slow: There is an upgrade to a lot of the weapons once you level them up that has faster bullets. In fact, a lot of stuff can be upgraded, and colors also unlock from leveling them up.

I have not had an issue yet where I did not know if someone was on my team or not. The blue dot above their heads (or green symbol if they are on your squad) is easy for me to see. That said, people are awesome at jumping out in front of you when you are firing, so on a FF enabled server, these morons would have died from FF. Its easy to tell if you are shooting an enemy, since you get score from hitting enemies and not friendlies.

I love the new rush mode thing. It takes a long time, but the multiple stages are really cool, and they are affected by how good or bad your team did in the previous stage.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

20. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 6, 2018, 20:45 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 20:32:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 18:38:
I've played a couple of rounds and I'd agree that this is basically Battlefield 1 with a WW2 reskin. However, in my case, I really enjoyed Battlefield 1 so I'm basically happy with the gameplay.

That said, I just can't get my head around the mix and max uniforms and the "diverse" player models. What were they going for exactly? Because the German female soldier showcased on one of the loading screen, with her fitted field jacket and oh so stylish feldwebel's soft cap, looks and feels like some sort of Nazi cosplay. It was equally bizarre to realize a sniper squadmate participating in the UK's ill-fated Norwegian Expedition in early 1940 was an... Asian woman? Dressed like Zefram Cochran? I'm not opposed in the least for representative player model's in a modern shooter setting, but at least as implemented here, it comes off as very strange and jarring in a WW2 setting, particularly with player clothing that look more like costumes than uniforms. The result is a player character design that I don't grok and actively have to ignore while playing.
Yeah, I'm all for representative player models, but as I said before I'm sympathetic to the immersion argument (even if I disagree from a player choice perspective). Especially watching the trailers with all the extremely customised player outfits, it's going to be more difficult to tell who is an enemy. My suspicion is that Dice and EA are going to sell cosmetic items a la PUBG and Fortnite, thus the customization.

In my head, this is an alternative history WWII, so none of this bothers me.

I played another round with DX12 enabled. I agree, it is a downgrade from the DX11 version. Weird pauses while getting shot at, extremely unsmooth framerate variations, just, ugh. I swapped back to DX11.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 17:21 Agent.X7

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 17:03:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 13:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 12:18:
controversial Nike Ad, it's damn good

It is damn good. The fact that it will piss off conservitards is just sweet, sweet buttercream icing on the cake. Maybe they can show us just how angry they are...by burning the stuff they have already bought and paid for. That'll show us.

Kind of amusing since Nike is a well known abuser of workers. Kind of stupid if you ask me to iritate a large portion of your buying public. Kind of amusing watching silly people burning stuff over a dumb ad though.

I think it is brilliant. How do you jack sales up in the last quarter? Piss people off so that they buy your stuff to burn it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 17:16 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 16:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 14:30:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 13:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 12:18:
controversial Nike Ad, it's damn good

It is damn good. The fact that it will piss off conservitards is just sweet, sweet buttercream icing on the cake. Maybe they can show us just how angry they are...by burning the stuff they have already bought and paid for. That'll show us.

The whiny brats could have donated their gear to charity, but with heads so far up their keisters and resultant lack of O2 to the brain it prevents any and all rational thought.

Sidenote: I was gonna stock up on my Nike gear but they are tenants of TRE45ON so that's a no go.

I need a couple new pair of running shoes. I usually get Asics, but really liked the Nikes I tried last year. Will see what they have when I go tomorrow.

I just bought a new set of runners from them (Downshifter 7). My first pair of Nike sneakers in my adult life. (I had hand me downs from a friend when I was in high school track...) I have 4E wide feet, and Nike makes them now. And New Balance has gone downhill, so I got these. I like them a lot. Very light. Not sure how well they will hold up, but I will see.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 15:11 Agent.X7

Slick wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 15:00:
Movement is soooooo good. Also, the unlock/upgrade system is deep.

What is happening!?

#notmybattlefield

YES! I rolled over to look behind me and was like "Whose legs are those? Did a squad mate die under me?" No, it was my legs, my guy actually rolled onto his back and was looking over his legs. Diving through windows, over ledges, into and out of water, it all feels so good. If nothing else, I hope they have advanced the way this genre does movement in all games.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

7. Re: Battlefield V Beta Opens Sep 6, 2018, 14:56 Agent.X7

OK, so according to Origin (which I think is inaccurate, but anyway...)

BF3 - 103 Hours (No way. Probably closer to at least 500)
BF4 - 360 hours (Also no way, at least 500)
BF1 - 24 hours (Probably closer to the truth)

So, I loved BF3, loved BF4 even more. HATED BF1.

So far, I am LOVING BFV. I mean, only one match on lunch, but DAMN! The graphics, the 'splosions, the SHOOTING. The shooting is so good. I LOVE the shooting. I love the lack of random, bullshit conical "spray" patterns. I have 7 pistol kills. Because I ran out of MG ammo and it took me most of the match to figure out how to give it to myself. I LOVE the lack of plentiful ammo. You can spray around all you like, but you will run out quick. Anyway, 7 pistol kills in about a half hour. BECAUSE aiming WORKS! I shot one guy in the face from across a street because I aimed and there is no BS random chance I will miss if my barrel is aimed at his face. Thus, it is now all about tactics, aiming, and conserving ammo. I got killed by a pistol while shooting from the hip with my MG in a hallway because he was aiming and I was panic firing. It was great! I love that it rewards aiming and skill like that instead of random chance! Ihaven't seen too much destruction yet, but the match was already in progress when I joined, so I don't know how much of the map started out blown up and how much happened before I got there, and I only had fire bombs, so I couldn't try blowing anything up yet.

But, yeah. Based on that half hour I am now definitely going to pre-order.

Yes, there was a woman in the game. No, I don't care because damn, that was a great match. So much fun.

Sorry Bats, I tried to answer you back, but I have zero Origin skills. I could not figure out how to open the chat window back up during the game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur

5. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur Sep 6, 2018, 13:22 Agent.X7

I actually bought the collectors edition when it came out, and I bought the Steam version on sale. I would love it if they made a sequel or something, but I think the MMO ship has sailed unless you can do free to play or buy the game with no monthly sub.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2018, 12:03 Agent.X7

Dear West Virginia Representative - This is what happens when you try to control people: YOU FAIL. Remember prohibition? No? It seems that you don't, because your war on drugs is the same thing. You cannot ban something that is highly in demand and expect that demand to go away. The "Opioid epidemic" is another buzz phrase to try to sell your unpopular war.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2018, 21:01 Agent.X7

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 20:16:
Seems Johnny can't catch a break. Here's to him staying sober.

Yes, he's clearly trying hard.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 30, 2018, 23:01 Agent.X7

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 20:41:
lol. 'Jewtropolis' Haven't heard that one before.

I have nothing against Jewish people, but that did make me laugh just because it is so ridiculous. And then I laughed again at how many sites this affected. The only thing that would make this even funnier is a You Tube capture of a weatherman on the morning show suddenly realizing that the map shows "Jewtropolis" behind him. I feel Will Ferrel stealing this for Anchorman 3 already.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Strange Brigade Launches

13. Re: Strange Brigade Launches Aug 28, 2018, 22:51 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 19:28:
I like release streams, allows me to instantly put a game on my "who gives a dang?!" list by pure random chance of whoever is "on" when I click. Because that were the most boring 10 minutes I ever seen of a game, and now good luck figuring out which 10 minutes of that hours long stream I watched, got bored by, and subsequently removed the game from wishlist for.

10 points for Marketing.

Yeah, I watched a pre-release stream that convinced me the game was boring as heck. All enemies are bullet sponges, etc. Too bad, it looked interesting before I saw it played.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]

80. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 12:06 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:43:
NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:36:
I have to wonder why everyone jumps immediately to mental illness, considering probably less than 1% of gun homicides in the US have anything to do with mental illness. Most of it is related to gangs, drugs, poverty, domestic violence. Those people aren't mentally ill, just assholes or people with shitty upbringing and shitty opportunities.
Also they have guns. But we can't blame the guns. So enjoy the killings because it's only gonna get worse. Unless of course we do somthing about guns. But we can't do anything about guns because we have guns.
Did i get that right?

No way to stop this happening, says only country where this happens.

It happens in other countries too. People don't like to remember that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

42. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 00:44 Agent.X7

El Pit wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 00:30:
A gun without a mad guy holding it can not shoot people.
A mad guy without a gun can not shoot people.
So - keep guns away from mad guys - and regular people can get mad. So just keep guns away from regular people. And lock up people with guns - this way you can get the armed criminals, too. It mostly works in other countries. But because of traditions and most of all fear, it won't work in the US. People with guns are much more "successful" than islamistic terrorists. Then again, reason is shut out when it comes to the right to shoot other peo... uhm... to defend yourself with a gun.

Tell me again how great this works in England, were the violent crime rate is through the roof and people are getting stabbed so much that the government has banned carrying ANY knife and kitchen knives can no longer be sold with points. I mean, it's clearly the KNIVE's fault, right? Not violent people, no sir. You know what happens when you finally ban all knives? People beat other people to death with bricks or bottles. This is a band aid solution that ignores the root of the problem.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

41. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 00:41 Agent.X7

Drunk driver kills a family of four - We blame the driver, not the car or the alcohol.

That same guy shoots his family - we blame the gun instead of the driver.

Logic.

Also, tell me again how banning guns gets rid of violence. I mean Chicago has the some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and also the most shootings. Dozey

When some douche rams his car into a group of protestors, do we talk about banning cars? I know, insert stupid argument about how guns only do one thing! That'll show me!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October

7. Re: H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October Aug 26, 2018, 20:29 Agent.X7

Rigs wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 16:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 14:32:
Should have named themselves Sunset Games as all they do is buy IPs and shut them down.

Yeah but is that really their MO or is it just coincidence? Do you think they're trying to find that one game that hits it big and just haven't landed it yet or they're purposely killing off games they take over? I can see it if it's a competitor and they're trying to kill the competition, that's Capitalism 101. But this doesn't seem to be the same thing. I can't figure a way that would actually benefit them. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

They are only interested in collecting monthly sub fees for MMOs that are already making bank. Any development on new games is shut down.

Victims include Asheron's Call 1 and 2, Everquest Next, Everquest Landmark, and more.

The issue is they are owned by an investment company who has no desire to develop anything new, only suck the life out of the current games until they are no longer profitable.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2018, 14:39 Agent.X7

So, the French are still cocksuckers. This is my shocked face.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October

1. Re: H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October Aug 26, 2018, 14:32 Agent.X7

Should have named themselves Sunset Games as all they do is buy IPs and shut them down.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2018, 16:07 Agent.X7

And yet the government still expects us to trust them. Uh huh. Sure.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3313 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >