Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 3291 (Veteran)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Patches Jan 22, 2019, 13:49 Agent.X7

TheBigVlad wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 13:23:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 11:20:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 11:13:
Yes we would mostly all pay a little more... but the asshats in congress wouldn't be paying 15% while the rest of us are paying higher percentage brackets. Everyone would be paying the same percentage, which is fair.
It is difficult to define "fair" in this context. But I suspect a very large majority would prefer a graduated/progressive tax system. There were plenty of extremely rich people even when the top bracket was 90%..

Everyone pays 10%. Boom, Fair.

You make $1.00 you pay .10 cents.
You make $50,000 you pay $5,000
You make $500,000 you pay $50,000

The more you make, the more you pay, but everyone gets to keep 90% of what they earn. As it stands now, a good chunk of businesses pay no taxes at all due to the crazy tax codes we have, and people can claim tax exemptions due to "non-profit" status. I don't care if you label yourself a "non-proft", you need to be taxed because we all know you are making money anyway. (Bill and Hillary, I'm looking at you and also the Mega-Churches who make more money than god.)

I sure wish I got to keep 90% of what I earned now.

And before you ask how we pay for things: We don't care. Sorry foreign aid, you need to go bye bye. Our taxes should never pay for that anyway. Sorry porkfat projects, no funding available. Sorry. Keep to the budget, no overspending. I don't get to spend more than I can ever pay back without massive repercussions, why should the government?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games
11. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:24 Agent.X7

Nimh wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 10:56:
BBB still exists? What a completely worthless org.

This. They basically extort businesses and allow anybody to open up a complaint about anything with no proof. My store had an F rating with them too, because I refused to join and they let people bitch about store policies. Who cares?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > EVGA NU Audio Card Announced
22. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 17:01 Agent.X7

What, Slick? You want something more technical that "TRUE AUDIO!" Laugh2

Yeah, I hate when the market buzz speak you to death but provide no actual information.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 9, 2019, 15:19 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 12:08:
No one should ever quit their job due to racial abuse. The EEOC has an easy process for filing a Federal hostile work environment claim and something like this would easily qualify. Surely he was aware of this?

Yes, but if it's largely in your head and you are seeking attention, filing a false claim could backfire. Much easier to seek attention on Twitter.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but...having a large employer like Acti-Blizz completely ignore clearly inappropriate workplace behavior seems less likely than someone making this up, especially given his reluctance to take it to the authorities.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > EVGA NU Audio Card Announced
13. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 15:12 Agent.X7

I have really expensive Logitech surround speakers. Onboard does not cut it. HOWEVER, My Soundblaster is from like 5 or 6 years ago and nothing anybody has put out since then has convinced me to invest in a new sound card. Especially since the newest ones seem more concerned with headphones, which I hate.

My fiance laughs all the time because we both turn to look for things in our family room that are actually surround sounds from the game. (Cats, especially in some games, sound just like our cats.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 9, 2019, 11:24 Agent.X7

Feels like a real weapon!*

*Only if you have no idea what a real weapon feels like.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2019, 19:07 Agent.X7

Dacron wrote on Jan 5, 2019, 16:58:
Jack Thompson is a retired lawyer

I guess being permanently disbarred is a sort of retirement.

Haha, I came here to say almost exactly that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Video Game Accessibility Waiver Expires
27. Re: Video Game Accessibility Waiver Expires Jan 4, 2019, 15:44 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 12:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 12:13:
Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 10:08:
You know that blind people aren't 100% blind, right?

Yep.. Do you know that I was responding to the listed requirement of a feature for those "without vision," which is in addition to a separate requirement for those with "low vision?" I stand by my sentiment that developers shouldn't be forced to cater to those completely unable to perceive the 'video' part of a video game.

And bully for the blind guy who plays COD, but you'll notice he's been doing so without any special accommodations mandated by the government.

Varying vision. Varying. And more people could be like him with proper aids.

Why does this bother you? What do you lose by making games more fun for more people? What does anyone lose?

Well, what we gain is more nanny state bullshit. Irresponsible morons who can't live without the government telling them what to do every second.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2019, 11:14 Agent.X7

Ooooh, that 49 inch has decent specs. Finally a super-ultra-mega wide monitor with more than 1080 vertical resolution!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13. Re: Video Game Accessibility Waiver Expires Jan 4, 2019, 00:31 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 23:25:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 20:48:
NKD wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 20:35:
Grokk wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 20:33:

I mean, how do you achieve this in a fast paced FPS?

(i) Operable without vision. Provide at least one mode that does not require user vision.

Have voice chat?

Yeah, it's easy to skim this news and think it applies to the games in general, not just communications. HOWEVER, it still begs the question... Why the fuck is a blind person playing an FPS? I'm all for accessibility in ways that make sense, like colorblind modes and large fonts and sure, voice chat, but sometimes the inclusion police are just plain unreasonable.

Who's gonna be enforcing this on every single game ever made from now on as well as some that already exist if they're still being updated, anyway?

Agreed, we need specific legislation just for games. It's a unique medium, and how to apply accomodations that make sense for accessibility for games needs some thought and logic.

No, we don't. Nobody needs to legislate how they make games. That is ridiculous.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Video Game Accessibility Waiver Expires Jan 3, 2019, 20:41 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 20:35:
Grokk wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 20:33:

I mean, how do you achieve this in a fast paced FPS?

(i) Operable without vision. Provide at least one mode that does not require user vision.

Have voice chat?

No, the industry will need to sue. You cannot pass a law that gives no directives on how to comply if compliance is required to avoid punishment and expect it to be followed. This is what happens when idiot politicians who know nothing of the subject matter write laws about it anyway. Have you watched any of the footage of our ancient Congress critters questioning Zuckerburg? It is immediately apparent that they don't have a fucking clue how ANYTHING on the internet works.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Video Game Accessibility Waiver Expires Jan 3, 2019, 20:32 Agent.X7

The act referenced literally gives no authority to the FCC to regulate video games. They are stretching a 1934 definition of video programming in the way the government always does. (Like how "interstate commerce regulation" somehow gives them authority to regulate education.)

In fact, this act completely contradicts the current administrations claims that they cannot regulate ISPs to demand net neutrality. Oh, we have no authority over the internet. Except when we do. Rolleyes2

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > On ATLAS' Launch
7. Re: On ATLAS' Launch Dec 29, 2018, 21:14 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 13:30:
No word on how the in-game trailers looks to actual gameplay, they look like two different games.

That was my issue with it. Had they made it known it was like Conan: Exiles I would never have been interested. Survival lite, like Fallout 76 I can handle. Heavier survival games are too much like work. I have no interest in building things from scratch in games, I do it in real life.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > ATLAS Early Access Launch
12. Re: ATLAS Early Access Launch Dec 24, 2018, 13:52 Agent.X7

Watched the preview videos, watched some streams. They are completely misleading. This is not an MMO, this is a survival game. You won't be doing anything in the previews or in the streams because you start with nothing and have to basically Minecraft your way to having anything. OK, I'll try that.
No, I won't. The game spawned me before I loaded in and I was dead when it finally connected to the server. OK, this is early access, I will just respawn. Oh, ok, I'm on a tiny sandbar with a level 23 giant crocodile. Miraculously, I punched it to death, but then I died while trying to loot it. I have no idea why. Respawn. Out in the middle of the ocean. With a half dead wild horse frantically teleporting around me in the water. Die from trying to swim to shore. Hey, at least I gained a level. I have no idea what the tutorial said about leveling up, because I was busy punching a crocodile. Respawn. Oh, I'm close to shore. GO ashore, an annoying message keeps telling me I have gained a level, go to my inventory. I keep trying to do that, but there is nothing there that tells me what to do. I try to get a skill, but it says I have no pints on that screen. I die punching a tree trying to get resources to build ANYTHING.

ANd then I hit the refund button, because this is nothing like what I saw in the videos or on Twitch. The advertising for this game is completely misleading.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Christmas Eve Metaverse
2. Re: Facebook authoritarianism Dec 24, 2018, 13:48 Agent.X7

GO Bangladesh! How about instead of bitching on Facebook, people could, I don't know, band together and overthrow their shitty government that allows groups of assholes to wander around and beat people over online posts?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays
2. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 22, 2018, 13:02 Agent.X7

I watched Shroud last night - and I never watch Twitch, but I wanted to see what the game was like - sit there for an hour before giving up when it became clear no server was going up for him to play on. They have boned this release big time.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Underway
6. Re: Steam Winter Sale Underway Dec 21, 2018, 12:26 Agent.X7

My GF bought me Shadow of War from Humble for $17.99 last week. The complete edition with all the DLC. It's now the same price on Steam during the winter sale. I think the discounts just make the rounds of the different stores at different times.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2018, 11:49 Agent.X7

6'3" and 230lbs, so much heavier and taller. And BMI is such crap. No accounting for muscle mass. I've had doctors tell me I was obese based on my BMI, meanwhile my arms are as big as their thighs. Sure, and I'm sure Dwayne Johnson shows as obese based on BMI too, even though he probably has like 1% body fat. Don't get me wrong, I just gained 5 pounds on holiday stuff so I can stand to lose a few, but using BMI is archaic.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > PUBG Launches Survivor Pass: Vikendi
3. Re: PUBG Launches Survivor Pass: Vikendi Dec 19, 2018, 12:52 Agent.X7

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 19, 2018, 11:46:
After playing Blackout, I can't go back to the jankyness that is PUBG, even though I prefer it's graphics and gunplay mechanics. (When they work).

At the moment Im playing Insurgency: Sandstorm to scratch that realistic tactical shooter itch though and its glorious.*

*it suffers from some stupid things though which I hope will get fixed, such as broken matchmaking and no team autobalancig leading to some very one-sided games a lot of the times.

I hate that they charge for the base game and then want to microtransact you to death too. It works for WoW, but not for a genre that has a ton of free games, including FORTNITE, that let you play forever for free but have microtransactions to pay for.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists
14. Re: Battlefield V Adding More Core Playlists Dec 17, 2018, 19:31 Agent.X7

Osc8r wrote on Dec 17, 2018, 16:26:

Oh wait, all that matters is who saw who first. Yay.

Yeah, that's pretty much reality in all combat.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3291 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo