Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 3086 (Veteran)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 19, 2018, 10:51 Agent.X7

The world doubts theater sustainability.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale Apr 18, 2018, 12:10 Agent.X7

Well, I don't ever play the SP on Battlefield, nor did I on the early PC COD titles before they became consolized. But, ,I am sure a lot of people do, since they always mention it.

I would like to see both CID and BF take on the Battle Royal mode. If for no other reason than it will be one more mode people can try online. Not that I will ever play another COD crapfest, but if they do it then BF definitely will.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching
20. Re: Re: Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching Apr 17, 2018, 10:46 Agent.X7

When your employees apply to your former studio because they know they are working for a company that is in trouble and you throw a hissy fit because C'MON GUYS! WORK WITH ME HERE! JUST TWO OR THREE MORE GAMES AND YOU'LL ALL BE RICH! Where are you going!??! Noooooooo! *Darth Vader arms*  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 13, 2018, 15:49 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 11:51:
Clearly they need tougher legislation for phones in cars. Start treating it the same as drunk driving and it'll plummet. Arrest people, impound vehicles, take their licenses away and it'll stop - mostly.

That road design doesn't seem very good to me.

Yeah, because nobody drives drunk anymore.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
6. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Apr 13, 2018, 10:37 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 22:40:
Anybody on Blues like this game at all? I'm tempted to try it, but it's like 80 gigs to download, so I'd need to clear out some stuff first.

I play with my GF. We love it, although we like the Division slightly more.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 19:27 Agent.X7

Quack quack quack.

When I was a kid, women called people who played video games dorks, geeks, losers, etc. Sorry, it's a male dominated industry because society only recently decided that playing video games is mainstream and not only for losers and geeks. Blame your own gender for excluding themselves for so long.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2018, 12:32 Agent.X7

It's probably the chair. I have to sit on a yoga ball for work or my back hurts. My lower back pain was all in my feet, and after going to a podiatrist and getting inserts that goes away. (Yearly, sadly enough) I also have shoulder blade pain if I don't wear a posture correcting shirt at work as well. (Also a yearly purchase.)

I've found it's much better to get rid of the pain as quickly as possible before it compounds and you end up with more pain.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Dropping DX9 and 32-bit Clients
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Offering Original Price Refunds? Apr 4, 2018, 10:55 Agent.X7

Hanneth wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 22:52:
And Blizzard is offering full refunds to those that cannot meet the new requirements right?
I personally have never bought, or played it, but if anyone's computer does not match the new minimum requirements, by law, they are required to to offer a full refund of the price the person paid, or some way to play the game in another way.
There is already case presidence for this.

Which is it, case precedent or law? Is there a specific law? Citing case precedent if there is a law makes it sound like you failed law 101.

Edit: I failed spelling. Sue me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2018, 10:56 Agent.X7

Annnnd, I just commented on Skyrim VR how much the Pro + stuff was....stupid news!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 3, 2018, 10:49 Agent.X7

Pricing out the Vive Pro out of curiosity. Did you know that it is CHEAPER to buy the Vive and then the Vive Pro than just the pro and the 2 base stations and 2 controllers? $499 vs $529.96. (Base model vs 2 base stands and 2 controllers)

NM. Vive just bundled and made them cheaper.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2018, 11:04.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2018, 17:26 Agent.X7

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 16:14:
Pope To World: Hell Does Exist, no shit sherlock, neither does heaven.

Well, from a theological standpoint, the churches use Hell to scare worshipers. If you look up literal translations of the Bible, the word Hell does not appear until the King James version, when his scholars used the word hell - then a word for a hole in the ground to store roots - to stand in for 7 or 8 other words. In fact, in at least one instance, Jesus was literally referring to a physical place South of Jerusalem where pagans burned people to death, not some metaphysical plane where souls go. (The Valley of Gehenna) For some reason the Church decided that he was speaking in parables and not literally. (Well, not for some reason, for control) Also, there is no eternity or forever. The Greeks and Hebrews had no such term in their language, and again it was mistranslated. Aeon = an age, not forever or eternity, and no, it is not the same concept.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2018, 15:53 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 15:01:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 14:46:
The chemical that California is up in arms about is produced naturally when roasting the coffee beans.
If that's true, it makes the story hilarious.

It is true, however one chemical - diacetyl - is dangerous when people are exposed to it in large amounts. Workers who roast coffee for a living have horrible symptoms when exposed long term. They basically should be wearing PPE sufficient to minimize their exposure. Roasting your own small batch seems to be safe, it's just the massive and repeated exposure people suffer for big name roasters.

The levels of acrylamide you drink in coffee could be carcinogenic. You know, in the same way OJ is when you do things like inject 500ccs into rats 6x a day. In other words, you'd have to drink enough coffee that the caffeine would have killed you way before the chemical levels became toxic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2018, 14:46 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 11:56:
Yeah, I stopped drinking Starbucks last year when I found out what cheap bastards they are in how they heavily chemically process their coffee, especially their decaff. Amazing, places like McDs and Tims use the Swiss water process but not Starbucks where coffee costs twice as much.

And fuck that guy who made that Dark Patterns video. What an asshole.

The ONLY chemical process used is decaffeination, because it is cheaper to do in bulk. What do you think would make consumer cry more, chemical decaff or even higher drink prices?

The chemical that California is up in arms about is produced naturally when roasting the coffee beans.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
15. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 14:17 Agent.X7

El Pit wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 12:19:
Asmodai wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 11:50:
Darks wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 10:26:
So, no word on this being an update for those who already own it? or are they trying to strong arm everyone into buying this pos again?

POS? This was the best of the Red Faction games.. =)

Yes, Guerilla was great fun. Destroying bases never got old.

4 months after release when they actually got it working....

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
37. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 20, 2018, 16:57 Agent.X7

Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 14:55:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 18:04:
Overpriced garbage is what this is.

Overpriced, absolutely. Garbage, stop being a salty fart. Between VIVE and Rift, I've only heard great things about VIVE.

From what I have been seeing today about Starfield (Bethesda's next, supposedly) it sounds like that will be the first killer app for VR. Which will hopefully be cheaper when it drops.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > New Assassin's Creed Rumor
10. Re: New Assassin's Creed Rumor Mar 20, 2018, 16:39 Agent.X7

Tyrric wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 15:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 12:08:
Ooooh,, you know what would make a great setting? Africa during the colonial years. The assassin could be a tribesman coming back from Europe and seeing his people being enslaved, and the Templars are heading up the slaving effort. That would be cool. Plus, Africa! I mean, I know Egypt is technically Africa, but...

I miss the Creed down in Africa.

Haha, nice.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: New Assassin's Creed Rumor Mar 20, 2018, 12:08 Agent.X7

Ooooh,, you know what would make a great setting? Africa during the colonial years. The assassin could be a tribesman coming back from Europe and seeing his people being enslaved, and the Templars are heading up the slaving effort. That would be cool. Plus, Africa! I mean, I know Egypt is technically Africa, but...  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > How to Play Sea of Thieves Early (And For Free!)
13. Re: How to Play Sea of Thieves Early (And For Free!) Mar 20, 2018, 10:39 Agent.X7

Darks wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 08:18:
MattyC wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 07:41:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 22:39:
This game is going to be DOA unless they add some sort of progression.
It's not competitive enough to stand on it's own without it. So if you're going to have dudes sailing all over the place for hours to collect chests and skulls there better be a reason to do it other than cosmetic unlocks.

I think as you say in your second post, this will have a lot of people bail due to lack or progression. That said, I think the game can absolutely survive for a long time and I hope it does. Sometimes silly cosmetic stuff is all it takes to survive.

Not everything has to have progression after all, games have existed without it basically since forever. Now you are right that competition often filled in there, but that still isn't always the case.

No, this game wont. the only way it will is if its completely free. I played the beta and got sick of it really quickly. enough to know that im not spending one single red cent on this pos shit game.

It got really boring fast, and trying to turn in chest with guys just standing there waiting for you and ships parked off shore just bombarding the area got pathetic.

And as Numinar pointed out, there just isn't enough content to keep peoples attention or motivate you.

Agree. I got bored in an hour in the open beta, and $60 for almost no content is ridiculous.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2. Re: New Assassin's Creed Rumor Mar 20, 2018, 10:25 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:19:
Ancient Greece? Meh.

I still can't understand why Ubisoft won't do the AC:Japan, set in the days of Ninja and Samurai like everyone has been clamoring for the last decade...

Oh, I would dig ancient Greece, although we just did an AC with Ancient Egypt and Rome and Greece, so...sort of not moving in time at all there.

What about AC Vietnam? That would be cool.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
2. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:20 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun.

It's fun for about an hour, but it gets old really, really quick.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3086 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo