Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5306 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefall Developer Layoffs
3. Re: Firefall Developer Layoffs Nov 24, 2015, 12:09 LittleMe

lol Cutter.

I wanted to like this game, but try as I might... Isn't the main mechanic defending mining equipment while waves of enemies attack?

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 16:49 LittleMe

Kosumo wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 16:05:
About 50 hours in, level 29, anit giving two shits about finding my son

Same. The beginning of the game fails to connect the player to the main 'finding son' quest. I'm sure many players who want a story to connect with will put the game down early. That said, it is a fun open world P.A. game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2015, 12:53 LittleMe

Happy B-day!  

News Comments > Squad Early Access Next Month
5. Re: Squad Early Access Next Month Nov 21, 2015, 15:53 LittleMe

It's looking great so far and a lot more is to come. It's a community game, no? Just like PR, I think they are going to keep improving it for years and years, so don't think of it like a traditional game. Well I hope that's how it plays out.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
6. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2015, 19:59 LittleMe

Games like this should necessitate abundant patching especially for the reasons they state. Just because the game is complicated doesn't excuse doing as little as possible.

Well at least they've announced something but as usual it's vague and from their history we can be sure they won't fix enough.

This game has a host of issues. The primary annoyance for me is the constant frame skipping and/or micro-stuttering. It might be an issue only with nVidia 900 series cards, or so I've heard. The 60fps cap after all these years is infuriating.

Before release they even said it had no frame rate limit but as usual their own employees think 60=unlimited so basic math was fail that day. Also why is their game's simulation _STILL_ tied to the frame rate? There's no good excuse for that from a big studio for so many years. It can't be that complicated to fix but it comes across as if they are incapable of fixing very long standing issues/annoyances with their engine.

Why haven't they said they are working on SLI support yet? It comes across as contemptuous how they've ignored the PC version. Despite the slow improvement in the past 15 years, they still have poor post release patch support.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2015, 12:06 LittleMe

The problem is with the police powers to do this in the first place with no good evidence. We live in a police state. These laws do not address the root problem.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 12:10 LittleMe

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:04:
Sorry but something "flawed in very serious ways" is not the "nearly perfect" indicated by scoring something 9/10.

Yes I believe we're supposed to read between the lines there. Specifically they seem to be saying "We had to give it a good rating number due to pressure from Bethesda, but here's what we really think."

edit: but it's true what others are saying here. It's the whole package. A flawed game can be great fun and Bethesda is great at making flawed games.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 12:42.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
14. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:47 LittleMe

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:18:
No SLI support? That's pathetic. No purchase for me until they sort that shit out. I game at 1600p and need SLI support. Anyone gaming at 4K is screwed, as no single card can manage 60fps. The only single card that can hit 60fps @ 1080p with maximum settings is the GTX 980 Ti according to that nVidia page.

This is absolutely unacceptable for a major release like this. The engine is just a joke.

We can probably enable SLI using nv inspector. Alternatively, why not play it at high or medium settings until it's sorted out? I never understand people saying or implying that a game is unplayable at anything other than 'maximum settings'. Often the visual fidelity between high and ultra is minimal but the performance difference can be a lot. Maximum settings are there as an option, not a requirement. As with many games, the ultra settings will probably become more of an option as newer/faster video cards are released.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:18:
Anyone gaming at 4K is screwed, as no single card can manage 60fps.

False. Only at maximum settings, which nVidia is exploiting that fact to urge us to buy their top end, premium priced cards. Wait for more thorough performance analysis.

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
6. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:05 LittleMe

Warning: That page is spoilery with screenshots.

I wonder if using nV Inspector we can successfully enable SLI using Skyrim as a preset.

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
6. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 19:13 LittleMe

Ahh well I just discovered Reflex and it's much more what I want anyway.  

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
30. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 23:08 LittleMe

There are several symptoms coming from Bethesda that hint they are (or were) understaffed on engine programmers. I think they just used to not care all that much, otherwise they'd invest more in it. Maybe their buying of id software was a real attempt to address that.

The symptoms were up until now:
  • Buggy releases (Fallout 3 PC is a great example)

• Poor post-release patch support (every game they've made)

• Problems with PS3 DLC crashing so much that they could not fix (did they?)

• Abandoning their games (ALL of their games they have abandoned patch support)

• Modders discover their game engine is riddled with bugs

• Failed to provide 64bit support for PC except for Fallout 4 it has it but only because the consoles need it for >4GB RAM support. They could have provided that to us unless they either didn't care or were under staffed

• Failing to update previous games for modern Windows OS's (other developers are doing this and making good money doing it)

• It's more than just the engine, too. Look at what the SMIM modder has done for Skyrim. He's found lots and lots of texture problems in the game. 'Outright sloppy' is what their work is, too often. The community patch for Skyrim has found how many bugs in the game that Bethesda just didn't care about fixing? One of Bethesda's programmers can't take a weekend of his own time and work with the community to fix some of the bigger issues? That's crazy bad. Steam even allows 'beta' opt-in so it could be considered experimental, etc. That's bad PR for Bethesda.

They just haven't cared all that much to put that final (and most difficult) effort to make the product really great. I'll buy Fallout 4, but I do expect their hype machine to over inflate expectations and I also hope for a fun game but I know their track record all too well. If F4 sucks and/or is dumbed down for 11 year olds then I'll remember that next time.

Why are you guys expecting anything different from what they've already shoveled out before? Somehow they end up making a fun game despite their sloppy half hearted efforts. Well, that's my view of them as a customer anyway.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2015, 23:15.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
    10. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 12:16 LittleMe

There's no proof yet these are PC ultra settings. Textures don't look it. That said, ES/FO series best aspects aren't the graphics but immersion in an open world environment. Now that the game is 64 bit, hopefully we can use very high resolution texture pack mods if we want. Whereas Skyrim and FO3 were limited because of their 32bit nature (~3.2 GB total RAM for everything).

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
    1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 1, 2015, 14:28 LittleMe

How unAmerican! Why not have the government sign all rights away to a huge monopolistic corporation that will price gouge for Internet service and do anti competitive practices? What were they thinking trying to solve a problem on their own outside of the New Internet World Order??!!  

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
    1. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 14:20 LittleMe

%20 increase in two weeks? Awesome. FWIW Blue I like seeing these Steam concurrent user records.  

News Comments > Steam Security Tips
    2. Re: Steam Security Tips Oct 30, 2015, 12:36 LittleMe

Same here. I didn't view it as a genuine concern to secure my account but an attempt to mine me for my phone number. That information is worth money and is none of their business. That said I have no idea what Steam does with their data but I know Steam is collecting a lot of user data including play times and achievements which are user tracking disguised as rewards.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
    2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 30, 2015, 11:17 LittleMe

Managed Health Care is a product of government regulation. Corporations used regulation to artificially increase prices and control the marketplace. Corporatism 101. Who is asking for these protectionist regulations to go away?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 29, 2015, 22:36 LittleMe

Sure maybe, but that's a non sequitur. Link is about buying a sound card or not, not if 'proper 5.1 speakers beat headphones'. On that note though, connecting your PC to a modern amplifier (with 5.1 or 7.1) with USB input should also be far better than a discrete sound card.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
    6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 29, 2015, 22:21 LittleMe

A good headphone amplifier sounds better than a sound card and will drive high impedance headphones and/or pass through audio to an amp. Functionally it's the same as a sound card, but in some important ways is much better. A USB one doesn't often require special drivers either.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version
    2. Re: Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version Oct 28, 2015, 14:44 LittleMe

I'm glad the game checks the RPM of your HDD. Many people with a 7180 RPM drive can't run it at all.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 25, 2015, 14:11 LittleMe

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:46:
    ... it has been like 3-4 weeks in a row now... how is Counter Strike:GO still on this list? Who doesn't have CS:GO at this point?

Unless there was a mass banning recently, and cheaters are stockpiling more keys or something.

I believe there are lots and lots of console gamers moving to PC.

5306 Comments. 266 pages. Viewing page 11.
    < Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo