Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5256 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2016, 23:18 LittleMe

Related - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApW8sNbOru8

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2016, 23:49.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
18. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 16:07 LittleMe

It's too arcadey for me, in a bad way. Everyone running around soloing; no real objective; short games with no feeling of accomplishment; bunny hopping & dolphin diving; jumping off roofs while holding firearms; terrible squad work; etc etc.. I don't see the appeal of it beyond pew pew pew and omgz grafix.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2016, 21:27 LittleMe

Saboth wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 18:33:
I don't see anything worth spending $800 on. Show me some kind of Witcher 3/Skyrim-level game in a full VR world, and I'll think about it. Office simulator or ball bounce simulator with Wii-level graphics and game play doesn't interest me.

Onward seems to be 'the game' that might be the breakthrough VR experience. Getting rave reviews even though it's still in EA.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 3, 2016, 14:05 LittleMe

We don't know what they are changing. It might just be GPU driver support only for Win10. Will they make the instructions incompatible? That would be a huge shift and betrayal of the market.  

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
4. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 22:02 LittleMe

I remember this game being a lot of aRPG fun. Glad they brought it back to life!!  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Expands
3. Re: Black Desert Online Expands Aug 31, 2016, 15:41 LittleMe

I uninstalled it. It's a great example of good ideas poorly implemented. Do not buy this game unless you already like the genre a lot. Don't buy it hoping you'll like it but mostly play other types of games. Better yet, stay away from these Korean crap p2w mmo's.  

News Comments > New Intel CPUs Revealed
5. Re: New Intel CPUs Revealed Aug 30, 2016, 13:14 LittleMe

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 13:03:
MajorD wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 11:33:
It boggles my mind they will be down to 10nm lithography by next year. WOW!

Except it really isn't, when you read the fine print only certain features can reach 10nm size. Basically when there is a die shrink only some parts on the cpu actually shrink.

So what! Now we can play 4k cat videos at less than 1W. This is what matters. Who really cares about performance anyway. It's so over hyped. Oh did you hear the latest Kardashian news? They sex changed their phones with ass implants.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2016, 23:11 LittleMe

'See it helps us fight crime!' - why are we falling for this excuse? These powers can and will be abused. They're just painting it in a positive light while they acquire these new powers, as they always do. Then once the abuse of these powers hits the media, it's too late for some unknown reason they never lose powers even if they abuse them.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
2. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 20:15 LittleMe

Piracy is a very easy industry scapegoat. Bad and over priced products cause piracy. I remember one developer who said he was flattered people pirated his game because at least they tried it and gave it a chance. I think that's the right attitude.

Congrats to CDP!

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
3. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 13:33 LittleMe

This is how Microsoft is saving PC gaming, again! I feel safer now.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 26, 2016, 14:42 LittleMe

NetHead wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 12:12:
Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 10:30:
I still say this sort of drone thing is a bad idea. Besides the further unemployment it creates...

I'm sorry cutter but, I'm going to put it politely, that's damned silly.

That is the worst excuse for such things. Maybe we shouldn't use fridges, remember how all those ice workers lost their jobs, an entire industry wiped out, it even affected other industries like transport. Many such examples.

The robots are coming, also anyone who things they'll stop at "labour" related jobs has their heads in the sand. Non labour related jobs are even cheaper and easier to replace with computers. White collar, blue collar it doesn't matter, the less physical the job the less hardware/maintenance costs, no physical labour get ready to be replaced by remote cloud computing.

If one country doesn't make and use the tech another will and put others to shame, industrial revolution all over again except bigger and humans need not apply.

It could lead to anything from a virtual utopia to another world war.

This. If the economy doesn't support enough jobs then there are other causes. Greater efficiency is good. We used to be %96 farmers. Think of all those lost farmer jobs from mechanization! No it's not that simple.

If job creation is less than job obsolescence then the first place to look at the barriers and inhibitors to job creation.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
47. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 16:48 LittleMe

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:25:
I love how people are saying this game is unoptimized because they can't run it at max settings at 60 FPS. Max settings are not standardized between games. Just because you can run one game at max settings doesn't mean you can run another game at max settings. Also, just because you have a high-end GPU doesn't mean you will always be able to run games at max settings (see aforementioned lack of standardized max settings).

Honestly, reactions like this are likely to cause developers to simply remove their highest settings and rename their lower settings. If "High" was the highest setting available in DX:MD, nobody would be complaining.

This. The issue is made worse by performance review sites who only test on ultra settings and say a game is unplayable if it drops to 30fps at ultra when the game would run at fine at very high or high. I've seen many people complain a game is unplayable and decry their video card as 'useless' because they can't play at ultra settings.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Tempest
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Tempest Aug 22, 2016, 18:33 LittleMe

Here's some Tempest gameplay! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q2w8Bh_dJc

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2016, 18:39.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
28. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 18:29 LittleMe

Yeah it's going to make motherboards more expensive. Anal retentive pc builders who don't want cables rejoice, the rest of us have to pay more and I think there will be motherboards that will not be designed well and ripple the current or catch fire or who knows what... That's a lot of current for a motherboard. I like the present 75w design just fine!  

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
14. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 13:23 LittleMe

What's this going to do for PSU requirements? If someone is using a low power card, will they still be required to get a 500W+ PSU just because PCIe 4 motherboard requires it? That's what it appears to do. Is there a option in the spec to drop to 75w or less?  

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
5. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 16:19 LittleMe

Looks like they ran out of money and that seems likely to doom it.

It could perhaps one day be great fun, sort of like Planetside 2 in WH4K universe. BUT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG2GnB42360

Performance is terrible, and they're skipping from alpha straight to release. No thorough beta and release candidate stages. I wouldn't touch this with a ten mile pole. I want to buy it if it's actually good and polished, but.. That's not happening any time soon. That's unfortunate because I like what they're going for.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
39. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 15:52 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 15:30:
I really wasn't impressed with the other one so I'm in no rush to get to this. In fact I suspect it'll just be more of the same, cover shooter where your "options" to approach a map are really just A or B.

Same. Wanted to like HR. Couldn't get into it despite the rave reviews. Good port, meh gameplay. At full price it better be good. There's so many games right now that are just as or more fun for a lot less money.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2016, 00:16 LittleMe

They protect their own... Continuity and fortification of power and revenue often comes before justice.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
14. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 16, 2016, 03:17 LittleMe

Wait for reviews. Wait for reviews.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Aug 13, 2016, 16:52 LittleMe

I suspect that Sony being behind this is why the press treated it so glowingly. Indie studio maybe, but not an indie distributor by a long shot. From wikipedia:

Murray stated that although Sony offered to provide financial support, he and Hello Games only wanted Sony's commitment to help market the game, including having the game formally introduced at Sony's main media event during the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014 (E3); until that point, no independently-developed game has been demonstrated during these center-stage events.[4][5] Sony's UK marketing director Fergal Gara has stated that Sony is fully committed to supporting the title, treating the game as if it were from one of their first-party developers and considering a potential retail release of the game.[48]

With the economy as it is, is the gaming press forced to kiss the Sony money ring nowadays?

5256 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo