Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5397 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 26, 2011, 18:34 LittleMe

Well I took their words for it when they said they'd re-focus their 1943 efforts into making BF3 a better PC game. Hoping for many more patches though.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2011, 15:19 LittleMe

double post  

9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2011, 15:18 LittleMe

remove  

1. BF3 reviews Oct 26, 2011, 11:14 LittleMe

Those are some harsh reviews. I agree with many of the criticisms but to me those shouldn't weigh so heavily. The MP is the best militaristic MP FPS ever, imo. That alone should give it a 9.

Yeah, as Destructoid says, Battlelog is primitive. It won't let me filter servers with a max of 32 players, it doesn't seem to ping the whole server list (so I can't sort and see all low ping servers). I think Battlelog will be patched and improved many times though, especially since it's entirely separate from the game executable.

But still.. BF3 MP is mind blowingly awesome.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2011, 22:12 LittleMe

The moves come after Chinese authorities had vowed to crackdown on rumours and false information on the Internet.

Good luck with that.

not.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
76. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 19:03 LittleMe

Drezden wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 18:58:
Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 13:02:
Buy this and you're a major asshole.

God dammit, I unfortunately for the second time in one week have to agree with Cutter.

Fuck Origin, Fuck EA, and fuck these companies that now think their PC games are suddenly worth 60 bucks. What happened to the PC industry standard of 50 dollar games because they didn't have to pay the console licensing fees? Fuck this noise. 50 dollars for your new PC game or I ain't buying that shit. It's mostly EA and Activision I notice too. Typically most of Ubi and THQ's games come out for 50 on Steam.

I paid $43 on Amazon. Many people payed less than that from different online game key stores. Rolleyes Wall

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 13:41 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 13:02:
"Karl, schieß dem Fenster. *Shoot* the *glass*!
- Hans Gruber

There's lots of glass to shoot here, too.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 13:11 LittleMe

Bucky wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 12:49:
qsto wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 12:02:
The minimap is downright embarrassing, and although they promised to fix it from beta, it's still next to useless.

You've pressed 'N', correct? It cycles the minimap through 3 zoom levels, and seems quite useful to me.

The release has huge amounts of polish over the beta, and as I said in an earlier thread, just feels right. Spotting is also no longer at the absurd dorito-of-death BC2 levels, now it's really only useful as a temporary marker for teammates.

I had some earlier (read, 2 minutes after unlock) back-end issues when things go overloaded, but since then it's been fine for me. I'd love it if they added the ability to tweak loadouts and compare weapon stats (range, damage, etc) in Battlelog.

The death-cam, while annoying, isn't too bad considering you have to wait for the deployment timer anyway. I can live with it.

As for the meat-grinder maps, I think people need to adjust tactics. So far most of those games are just both teams rushing for the middle point, which leads to lots of death. In one round this morning, someone on the enemy team got smart and flew to the rear flag, had his teammates spawn on him, and capped it. It changes the whole flow at that point, and broke a stalemate that we had been winning. It really boils down to changing your strategy if what you're doing isn't working.

Personally, I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm having an absolute blast with the game, even though I still can't fly worth a damn. At least I'm good in the AA vehicles.

Edit: I'd love the ability to change my handle. I wish I'd known that my EA account name would apply to the game itself.

You can change your EA Origin name here: http://www.origin.com/us/change-id

I agree with all you said, too. I'm having an absolute blast with BF3. Got it on the Amazon pre-order sale for $43 and that was a great deal considering all that the game offers.

I don't remember any BF game being so polished on release either. The graphics are fantastic also. I've had the game crash a couple times, in between rounds, but it didn't bother me.

The minimap is a little hard to read at times but it's functional.

LOL "dorito-of-death" yeah it doesn't last very long. What, maybe 3 seconds now? The kill cam is a little annoying but yeah, it serves as the wait function while someone can revive you.

None of the conquest maps have single choke-points. The more confined maps all seem to have at least three ways to the flag. I think Operation Metro is the mos chokey, but like I said, there are several routes and they all have people using them because the map is well designed.

Best PC FPS in a long time for me. Very highly recommended. Far better than 1942. That comment made me laugh.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
56. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 17:12 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 13:34:
A 93 on Metacritic, a week after it's revealed that EA is (allegedly) making sure that sites that get a copy are sites that are slobbering all over Battlefield 3 prematurely.

Somehow I'm not really all that surprised at the cherry-picked score.

If the reviews are not liking the SP campaign then how does this equal cherry picking of reviews? There was no proof provided for these allegations.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:39 LittleMe

JayDeath wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:30:
I'm disappointed about the shitty single player reviews.

I'm not. Gives me hope that it's a great Battlefield game in true multiplayer fashion. Fuck single player.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
35. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 24, 2011, 09:47 LittleMe

Smooth Gravy wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 08:54:
I guess I'm in the minority, but I am really looking forward to BF3 tomorrow. I had fun playing the beta (I know, I was the only one..)and I don't understand the comments about it being just "another run n gun" game. Isn't that what all FPS games are? This title has a lot more substance than some of the other FPS titles that have come out recently or will be coming out shortly.

Yeah I'm mildly excited about the release. I'm going to play it before I judge it too much.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world. Oct 23, 2011, 15:32 LittleMe

It's anything BUT capitalist. I have little hope for fixing it if we continue to confuse corporatism as capitalism. They are two very different animals. Corporatism, not capitalism. Those who insist that the economies of the world are capitalist repeatedly ask for 'regulation' to fix it, when regulation is exactly what corporatism needs to survive.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 LittleMe

SirKnight wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 11:15:
I think I'll play some Quake 2 today.

Funny enough, quake2.com still works. But the last news post was on October 30th 1998.

Yeah but..

Feel free to send in your news, and I'll try to get it all up sometime Monday. Thanks!

He just forgot to say which Monday. I'm thinking some time in 2026.

(lol nice find!)

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm Media
5. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm Media Oct 20, 2011, 10:26 LittleMe

Techie714 © wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 11:25:
SWEET! I have almost 50 hours in this game & despite it still has a few bugs it's a great game if you are into serious hardcore shooters. Yea, it still has a few bugs here & there but overall the game is pretty solid & plays fine for almost all people.

I get rather poor performance here. Considering the rather dated visuals I expect better performance. It's a very challenging MP shooter. I think the reaction from the PC FPS community has unfortunately been rather lackluster.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 20, 2011, 08:46 LittleMe

Mark wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 08:03:
"You have to be masochist to be an IT person"
Christ, the crazy requirements for getting a job these days.

So true. It's getting worse.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 20, 2011, 08:38 LittleMe

Torture, serial murder of innocent people, gleefully sadistic violence, lots of sexual and rape innuendo, and some surprisingly salty language. Arkham Asylum went to some dark places, but Arkham City is an order of magnitude darker.

So why single out the sexist 'bitch' comments when by your own admission there's plenty of other subjects to focus on as well.

IMO, it depends on how seriously we take it all. Rated T for Teen but I assure you teens are often very cruel to each other and many teens take horrific treatment from their elders.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up
4. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 12:25 LittleMe

Darks wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 12:08:
Sounds like to me, EA was up all night doing some serious PR repair. Also sounds like these guys are now singing a different tune and are back tracking on their previous comments. EA must have pulled a lot of strings. I still don’t believe in EA or anything they say.

Or maybe EA threatened to sue the shit out of anyone associated with this story. Using the word "allegations" helps protect Blue in this case I presume. Hard to know what's really going on. Competition is fierce and a lot of money is on the line.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 12:03 LittleMe

Despite what they said, it looks like Bad Company 3 to me. Though BC2 was decent.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up
1. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 11:48 LittleMe

Shenanigans... Sounds like an Irish name to me.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: EU plan to spend billions on boosting broadband speeds. Oct 17, 2011, 05:48 LittleMe

5397 Comments. 270 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo