Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5305 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2012, 15:50 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:32:
That's also true. Especially with the new Wii having been announced awhile back, I think people that were on the fence about (still) getting on might be holding off.

Yeah from the sidelines to me it looks like Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by announcing the Wii-U so far in advance. It was tantamount to saying "We're killing the Wii, the industry's cash cow."

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 16, 2012, 15:34 LittleMe

Corporations now use government to destroy their competition and/or give them an advantage in the marketplace. Behind all the populist-sounding rhetoric is the the creation of a crony-capitalist empire. In other words, this is Corporatism at work. Corporatism is an essential element in a fascist society. Yes, it can get worse than this.

edit: i mean this in regards to them seemingly having the feds at their beck & call to take Megaupload down.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2012, 22:40.

News Comments > Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced
17. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 14, 2012, 00:07 LittleMe

Yeah I'm hearing the initial release was very bad but the final patched game was lots of fun in coop. I hope they pull this off successfully.  

News Comments > Dark Legends Desktop/Mobile MMORPG Launches
1. Re: Dark Legends Desktop/Mobile MMORPG Launches Apr 14, 2012, 00:06 LittleMe

Youtube gameplay vids look unappealing to me, being so arcadey with lots of exploding hostiles with cheap sounds/graphics. Looks like something that might be fun for a couple hours, but not in a persistent online MMO.  

News Comments > Apple's Cook Visits Valve?
16. Re: Apple's Cook Visits Valve? Apr 14, 2012, 00:02 LittleMe

007Bistromath wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 23:07:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 23:01:
I don't think it makes any sense. There's no reason for Apple not to use their own store.
One reason why is in the post you quoted. With SteamPlay, another is a large legacy library.

I still like my rampant speculation better, though. I hope somebody sneaks a camera into the fight. I want to see if gaben really can unhinge his jaw like a snake.

Apple is and has always been obsessive about their control of their ecosystem. If I were to speculate on this.. I'd say that instead of buying Valve or STEAM outright, Apple might buy some of their software distribution so they (Apple) can utilize it. In other words, some new product/service would remain all Apple, but behind the scenes there would be Valve's technology. But it would be completely owned by Apple, of course.

As it is I don't think Apple has an incentive to buy STEAM or Valve since they are so heavily focused on PC+Windows.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: CISPA: Congressional plan to censor Internet concerns critics. Apr 7, 2012, 00:08 LittleMe

Dupe but probably needs to be said again.  

3. Re: CISPA: Congressional plan to censor Internet concerns critics. Apr 7, 2012, 00:07 LittleMe

edit: Um.... what?

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2012, 04:31.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Next Week
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 00:06 LittleMe

ItBurn wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 23:35:
The game freezes my computer after 5-30 minutes. I've spent hours trying to fix this. Nothing helps. Buying this game is a coin toss between awesome first person shooter and burning 60$ for no reason.

This has never happened to me. Have you tried to diagnose the problem? Searched the Internet and BF3 forums yet? Are you overclocking?

1. CISPA: Congressional plan to censor Internet concerns critics. Apr 6, 2012, 22:58 LittleMe

The feds have already been intercepting a lot of Internet traffic. This has been known for years. However this would greatly expand the scope and legitimize what has already been happening.

The scariest part about that bill, I think, is the immunity for participating corporations. It means they can do whatever they want with the data under the guise of national security. So much about this is so very wrong and fascist. There are already existing laws to deal with this stuff and we don't want to live in North Korea thank you.

Say something in an online FPS like "I can't wait to shoot everyone." or something even less clear and the feds might come and put you or your child in a secret prison with no trial and subject to perpetual torture and humiliation so they can get you to say whatever they want you to say. This can happen to a lot of innocent people when such broad powers are bestowed based solely on trust when that trust is not due or transparent and accountable.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Next Week
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 22:44 LittleMe

Well I'm glad they are supporting the game with patches and I hope they continue to do so. This is more important than DLC, imo. Yeah they need to tone down the blurry graphics suppression, a lot. It's very bad right now. Hurts my eyes. Would be fine if it was occasional, but it's not.

20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2012, 19:06 LittleMe

So if a 14 year old girl sends a nude pic of herself to someone as a silly joke or prank, she shouldn't ever be allowed the play games online for the rest of her life. Justice in a modern fascist society.  

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2012, 23:01 LittleMe

Yeah that article read as if it was typed up by the NY State government themselves, along with some help from MS & Sony. Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Anything to get paid in this shit economy, eh? It was like reading a fascist propaganda article. Don't forget to obsess about crime and live in constant fear of the bogey man!!

FTA -
He also noted that 27 percent of teenagers aged 12 to 17 play games online with people they don't know.

Good use of useless information to breed fear in the populace. A+ for this marketing guru.

The user comments on the story are enlightening, however.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 4: Modern Times
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tropico 4: Modern Times Apr 4, 2012, 00:05 LittleMe

Awesome!! El Presidente has been hard at work for us Tropicans.  

News Comments > PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details
26. Re: PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details Apr 3, 2012, 17:09 LittleMe

If the MP game had dedicated servers and a proper server browser then I'd consider buying it. Otherwise non. I actually like 'capture the diamonds' in Far Cry 2 but they severely crippled it in that regard to where I didn't play it much.

Before LAN support, give us proper online play and not peer to peer matchmaking bs designed for 9 year olds who don't know the difference.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. The x86 PlayStation 4 could signal a sea-change in the console industry. Apr 2, 2012, 16:50 LittleMe

Great article. I'm shocked they'd release a console in 2013 with an AMD 66xx series GPU. That's archaic even when released. I would think at least a an AMD 7870 series GPU would be more up-to-date. Sheesh the PS4 will be dominated by PC tech right from day 1. Good news for PC gaming, if true.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 16:48 LittleMe

Krovven wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 14:54:
If you rent a game, devs/pubs dont see a dime over the initial sale to the Rental company.

The question is, if the rental market wasn't there, would that initial sale happen in the first place? I think very often it wouldn't and the devs & pubs would be out of a sale anyway.

If publishers want to limit or profit from rentals why can't they update the software license and charge a premium for rights to rent out the game. I'm all for their freedom to sell their product as they wish, of course.

If renting a game costs $1, then the game isn't worth much to play. A functioning market sorts that stuff out.

News Comments > Gods & Heroes Changes
2. Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Mar 31, 2012, 14:15 LittleMe

I feel bad for them. I hope they can stay operational. Not sure but I don't think I remember them going live, and I'm a frequent BluesNews'er. I'm not sure what sort of PR they did. My free advice - start small, but keep the big vision.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
13. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 31, 2012, 06:16 LittleMe

I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Fun game! Want moar!  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
26. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 29, 2012, 22:49 LittleMe

Dades wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:02:
You can't wait for the stable driver releases if you play a lot of new games, you have to use their constantly rotating preview drivers.

I don't think this is AMD's fault. It's more likely a fault of Microsoft's Direct3D in how, for some reason, it frequently needs new drivers for new games. No?

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
20. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 29, 2012, 00:12 LittleMe

MisterBenn wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 20:57:

1) The (youtube) video is corrupted and plays as though it started from a plain green key frame (i.e. wierd details move within a sea of bright green) when you start a video. This sometimes fixes itself within a few seconds otherwise you need to restart the clip to make it right.

I get only this one of the ones you mention. No need to restart the video. Just drag the time slider some and it will be fixed. Started happening recently. There's no way for me to know if it's an ATI but or if it's a bug with the Adobe Flash player. edit: this DID start for me with the recent Adobe flash updates so I think it's their bug, not ATI's.

That said, also I don't see how you can be sure anything you mentioned can be definitively blamed on the ATI driver. It could be Adobe bug, a Firefox bug, or some recent Microsoft bug in their recent patches that they put out every month. Patience is advised and the bugs will be found and fixed.

5305 Comments. 266 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo