Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5225 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2012, 11:52 LittleMe

The ruling classes consistently blame the failures of our society on their not having enough power or money. The government blame game should be taxed.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
12. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 11:48 LittleMe

Is this free publicity for the game or is it a warning sign about it's coming failure?  

News Comments > Men of War: Condemned Heroes Website; Trailer
1. Re: Men of War: Condemned Heroes Website; Trailer Jan 31, 2012, 11:35 LittleMe

Terrible trailer. At least give us a feature list of new features that this installment brings. Or is it the same old rickety dx9 engine that performs so poorly in multiplayer p2p rounds?  

News Comments > Dark Reign Redux
1. Re: Dark Reign Redux Jan 31, 2012, 11:23 LittleMe

Awesome.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Ron Paul seeks to unmask YouTube user who uploaded offensive Huntsman ad. Post Comment Jan 30, 2012, 12:43 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 12:23:
I don't pay attention to either of those.
But Ron Paul wants a smaller government. He wants to reduce regulations and regulating bodies.
That is fantastic news for corporations that are not defense corporations or involved in the real estate bubble, so about 99.99% of them.

The government is serving the corporations much more than We The People. So if we reduce the size of the federal government, the corporations lose their stranglehold. I can't stress enough how laws and regulations are written to directly benefit the corporations. It's called 'corporatism.'

Lets take a silly regulation that Ron Paul would almost certainly oppose. Remember a few years back when lead was found in some Chinese toys? So, Mattel helped write the regulatory law that went into effect. It was worded in such a way that Mattel had to make little or no additional expense, but smaller toy manufacturers went out of business because compliance was far too expensive. The 'big corporate TV media' spread fear and uncertainty about lead in children's toys. The so-called problem was blown far out of proportion.

Or take HUD (housing & urban development). They are a federal regulatory agency that also greatly contributed to the housing bubble and our economic collapse by requiring banks to make risky loans. This was so that politicians like Clinton & Bush could 'claim' they were the messiah saving our economy and take personal credit for our prosperity on the upswing. (Then of course on the downswing politicians finger pointed elsewhere.)

The list goes on & on. Corporations and government are partnered. This is why lobbying is so prolific now. Big corporations -must- lobby congress otherwise they will be taken down by other corporations that curry favor.

edit: Ron Paul finds this stuff repugnant and opposes it on principle. His record shows a very consistent stand against corporatism.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2012, 13:05.

3. Re: Ron Paul seeks to unmask YouTube user who uploaded offensive Huntsman ad. Post Comment Jan 30, 2012, 12:13 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 11:52:
Corporations should all be voting Ron Paul in. His policies are best for them.

That's nonsense. You are being lied to. Corporations use government to get an edge up and also socialize their losses. Ron Paul wants to end this. He wants to greatly reduce the size of the military industrial complex. He wants to end the fed and their massive bailouts of private banks and he wants to end the freddie mac and fannie mae that greatly contributed to the real estate bubble. The globalist mega-corporations are Ron Paul's biggest enemies. Please oh please don't listen to the outright lies and half-truths the neocons and the neoliberals spread!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 30, 2012, 11:59 LittleMe

I think most people who write-off the experience of others' experience with cheaters are cheaters themselves. I'm going to say that with nothing to back it up, just like those who discredit and personally attack people as 'whiners', who've seen people in BF3 with k/d ratios of 69-0 in a game.

People have cheated in games for thousands of years, but now anyone calling out cheaters, in a game that is very lax on cheating, should be now called 'whiners!'

1. Ron Paul seeks to unmask YouTube user who uploaded offensive Huntsman ad. Post Comment Jan 30, 2012, 11:50 LittleMe

The smear campaign of Dr. Paul continues, full of innuendo and misleading information. "Free speech" doesn't mean you can slander others. Is that what is happening hear?

Not long ago, the establishment used campaign reform laws to shut down websites that revealed only the voting records of 'our' congressional representatives. However they use these sorts of underhanded tactics against Ron Paul. Lots of money and an increasingly frightened oligarchy is at stake.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 30, 2012, 11:43 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 11:07:
I play a lot of Conquest on the PC version and many servers are rife with cheaters.

This is what I've experienced also. I'm very glad DICE is hiring an anti-cheat admin but I'm not sure how long it will be until we reap its rewards. I'm hopeful that a small but critical step has been made here.

News Comments >
1. No subject Jan 30, 2012, 10:50 LittleMe

I can't believe they said that!! NNEERRDD RRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEE  

News Comments > On Legend of Grimrock Accessibility
4. Re: On Legend of Grimrock Accessibility Jan 27, 2012, 23:48 LittleMe

This is #1 on my indie list, for 2012-2019.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Hawaii to Track Internet Usage Jan 27, 2012, 02:02 LittleMe

Agreed, crazy. Neo-liberals are just as much control freaks as neo-cons. There's a long history of tyrannical leftist regimes.

News Comments > CA Reimbursements to ESA Grow
4. Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Jan 27, 2012, 01:51 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 23:07:
Maybe now they won't be so quick to jump on the anti-gaming bandwagon.

It's not their money and they didn't earn it, so this was no loss on them.

News Comments > PC Rayman Origins in March
10. Re: PC Rayman Origins in March Jan 27, 2012, 01:40 LittleMe

killer_roach wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 00:26:
Piracy seems to follow a game where people are unable to adequately evaluate for themselves what the value of the game is to them, or if the cost of the game greatly exceeds people's perceived value of it...

Insightful and I agree!!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2012, 02:20 LittleMe

Ratty wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 20:23:
But I DO remember this particular clip and always thought it was hilarious.

You didn't learn what it teaches. I saw you here. BOOM Oh wait, no I BOOOOOM!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2012, 22:06 LittleMe

I've read elsewhere that the recent sharp rise in HDD costs is greatly impacting the sales low cost PC's so this is likely the primary reason why PC sales are dropping. Also I think once technology improves you'll be able to install Windows x64 on tablet sized devices and that will be better than ARM processors or whatever because the Intel compatible software pool is much greater. Not sure how long that will take.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
26. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 16:49 LittleMe

Seems to me the game's failure is not the game itself but rather how much it cost to produce. Sounds like poor management to me. Somewhere up the ladder, someone didn't consider every penny spent and/or investors didn't care either. Seems to me that this potential failure doesn't bode well for expensive and premier AAA MMO's on PC. Maybe that's a good thing. Now lets play Minecraft?

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer
6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 15:00 LittleMe

Ratty wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 14:42:
Played the last three. Honest Hearts and Old World Blues were the best. Very meaty and satisfying for DLC. Bethesda says there won't be any expansions for Skyrim. That's a shame but I can live with DLC only if it's on par with New Vegas's.

Beth has promised full proper DLC for Skyrim, on the level of each being a small expansion and not half assed DLC. Not exact words but close enough. fingers crossed!

News Comments > Out of the Black
23. Re: Out of the Black Jan 18, 2012, 23:56 LittleMe

In a barely functioning modern society like ours, the Internet *should* still have more power than the ruling elite. It currently does, but I contend there are many control freaks that resent and despise the Internet and what it represents. They would gladly ruin it only for personal pleasure.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 18, 2012, 04:59 LittleMe

Agreed that is a bad design. It should use the Google logo with CENSORED stamped on top of it or something equally scary.

And I doubt that these proposed laws would help Big Media's bottom line or future outlook. But I don't think it's really about that. It's about control and who has it. Piracy is merely an excuse. Next decade there will be yet another reason to censor the Internet.

5225 Comments. 262 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo