Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5306 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 5, 2016, 20:10 LittleMe

If someone is foolish enough to preorder it, they need to use a service that allows you to contest the charge weeks or months afterwards if it is a disappointment.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming
11. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming Jul 31, 2016, 11:16 LittleMe

Kajetan wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 10:52:
Avus wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 04:44:
Download this fix now... it is called Marvel Heroes 2016... Lots of enhancement and it is free!!
https://marvelheroes.com/
An online MP-only F2P game? No, thank you!

From the gameplay I've seen so far, MH 2016 is indeed the better game.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Cortana expelled from Windows 10's new school editions Jul 29, 2016, 20:24 LittleMe

Yeah now that they have us they're going to turn up the heat. It feels like a cartoon evil villain plot.

News Comments > Paragon Trailer
6. Re: Paragon Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 22:57 LittleMe

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 18:56:
Too little too late. Overwatch is dominating the genre. Again Blizzard has given fans of the MOBA exactly what they want and trying to sell another MOBA with the elephant in the room is a losing proposition.

Good point but I tend to disagree. Epic's biggest challenge is making a good game that is secure, stable and well optimized. If they can do that it will succeed, despite the elephant in the room that is Overwatch.

There's room for any good game in this market.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend
5. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 28, 2016, 22:44 LittleMe

Player count is very high and is maintaining that since ea launch. Seems like a good sign of a popular game.  

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ports Criticized
7. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ports Criticized Jul 27, 2016, 12:27 LittleMe

If they actually cared about the income they would have done a competent job. This reeks of bad management.

News Comments > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam
9. Re: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam Jul 26, 2016, 18:13 LittleMe

Fail price. Release price $20 tops then drop to $10 after 3 months.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 25, 2016, 21:16 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 12:26:
Remember when Ballmer wanted to buy them for $48 billion back in 2008? Ahahahahaha! Ballmer, Mayer, Nutella, et al. who puts these clowns in charge of companies?

Well said!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2016, 13:16 LittleMe

On a first date, never ask if they have PHP flaws.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 23, 2016, 23:04 LittleMe

If you're talking about the analog tuner, don't lose it or throw it away. They'll charge you an exorbitant amount of money if you don't return it to them. When they insisted I have one, the installer told me I could keep it no problem, saying it was mine to do with as I pleased. Then when I terminated service they were going to charge me about $200 if I didn't give it back to them. My own luck I still had the piece of junk to return to them. Scammers!  

News Comments > Shattered Skies Launches
3. Re: Shattered Skies Launches Jul 21, 2016, 22:31 LittleMe

It does look interesting. Steam reviews seem positive. I'll wait and see.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 22:29 LittleMe

Seems like what the feds really want with the 'funds' is cooperation in all spying (legal or otherwise) and/or any other demands that would normally be resisted on legal grounds.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
15. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 4, 2016, 16:52 LittleMe

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 16:33:
LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 16:20:
we need to end the fed first.

You were doing great, up to this last phrase. Now, the question is: do you have any sensible plan for after-the-fed or is it just another lame libertarian outburst? (genuinely curious)

Ending the fed and fiat currency with their deep ties into the stock market IS the sensible plan. Thanks for asking!

The system we have now is far worse than not having it. You're expressing fear of the unknown which is not rational. You're implying that change is bad when you agree the system is evil. That's double think.

Real currencies are stable until psychopathic central bankers come in with their always clever lies and deceptions to scam the populace with a collectivized currency. You imply it would be chaos, the opposite is true. Right now our economic system is chaos and evil.

When the fed is ended in the right way, there will be a transition period where the parasitic and cancerous aspect to our economy would die. That would be healthy and necessary. Suddenly we would have a lot of people ready to take productive jobs.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
13. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 4, 2016, 16:20 LittleMe

Our economy as a whole has moved from production to stock market gambling so these guys are doing what our economic model promotes, just in a slightly more unethical way. Now China (and many other countries) does a lot of our production.

Our economic system of 'corporatism' encourages this behavior. So while you enjoy pointing the finger at them, look also at what we've become. If you want it to end, we need to end the fed first.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2016, 16:49 LittleMe

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 14:49:
Yeah not so much the article but what we do online being considered public.

Oh yes what we do online in publicly available areas, of course. It's a public network (of networks). But the ruling says home computers should have no expectation of privacy (even data on the hard drives) if the machine is connected to the Internet..?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
10. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 1, 2016, 16:46 LittleMe

JaguarUSF wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 14:41:
LittleMe wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 13:57:
I wish they'd do a PRmod inspired expansion

Have you looked at Squad? It's 25% off during the Summer Sale.

Yes I have it thank you. It's coming along! I'm sure DICE/EA is watching it's reception to gauge (gouge?) the market.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2016, 14:20 LittleMe

In today's digital world, it appears to be a virtual certainty that computers accessing the Internet can—and eventually will—be hacked."

So that makes it okay and legal to do? I don't think so. If the "network investigative technique" was run in a script in the browser or flash player then that's reasonable.

Notice how he said 'home computers' because we're now second class citizens behind corporations and government computers which are also connected to the same Internet. It should also apply to them as well since it's the same internet.

What a strange ruling. Home computers are okay to hack because it's inevitable to happen anyway. That's the logic he used?! Really? Did he just declare open season for hackers?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 1, 2016, 13:57 LittleMe

BF1 looks like great immersive fun... For about ten hours. I found BF2/3/4 repetitive and shallow. Not worth full price. I wish they'd do a PRmod inspired expansion or at least open up modding again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 13:35 LittleMe

Congrats on the diagnosis Blue! Did you get any bulls eye ring on your skin? I self diagnosed lyme years ago from that and immediately went to get diagnosed and antibiotics. Fortunately I it didn't exhibit any symptoms since I caught it so quickly.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2016, 13:45.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
9. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 12:56 LittleMe

Yes my EVGA 970 ACX 1.0 fans ran loud. Adjusting the fan curve with software helped but they were still loud fans. The Strix 970's are much quieter. Night and day difference.

Thanks for the Palit, Gainward and MSI recommendations.

5306 Comments. 266 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo