Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5253 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2016, 23:42 LittleMe

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 16:36:
Awesome. I remember seeing Guru Meditation errors when the Amiga our cable company was using would fritz. The Amiga was the most forward thinking and amazing computer ever developed....too bad Big Blue put them down.

Yes from '85 to about '91 Amiga was unmatched as a computer gaming platform! Big Blue? Intel? What makes you think that?

IMO it was a combination of failures by Commodore.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta
5. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Apr 13, 2016, 19:22 LittleMe

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 18:38:
I've already had my feel of Borderlands to last me another 10 years.

LOL I see what you did there.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 15:24 LittleMe

descender, No. Local businesses and individuals can easily do this. Also regional corporations are welcome in my mind as long as there is open competition and consumer choice. We should have a broad selection of options, including free options. Internet is becoming essential but it is also getting cheaper and cheaper to offer.  

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 15:06 LittleMe

Nationalized Internet would be a disaster. It would be even worse than the fascist duopoly rip-off system we have now.

The Internet should be a community (not government) driven and the ability to lay down access wires/cables should be allowed much more freely and not monopolized by the government or big corporations.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
13. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 14:59 LittleMe

Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 14:52:
If they were to do something as dumb as requiring every PC mod created with Geck to be console compatible the backlash would be amazing.

That's exactly what we're fearing because Bethesda, through their own actions and track record, has made it perfectly clear they don't care about focusing on the PC platform, save for a few cosmetic graphic effects.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
12. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 14:53 LittleMe

Now that 95% of players have moved on from FO4 and will never play it again, we can mod it...

Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:56:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:37:
Easier, maybe. More limited, likely.

Aside from theories, why would it be more limited? There are already things modders can't do in FO4 because they don't have access to the tools, if anything the kit will expand mods much more than before. I doubt they're intentionally going to artificially limit its capability, nor be unable to as the engine is pretty much the same as Skyrim's functionality-wise.

Put it into context. He meant 'more limited' when compared to their previous creation kits, not compared to no tools at all.

It's reasonable to expect a crippled creation kit this time around so that the mods will be assured to work on consoles. We'll see soon enough what we get.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
35. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 16:51 LittleMe

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 13:55:
It's called using allegory to flip the script ... The episode in question asks non-trans people to imagine what life would be like if they were the hated minority, to imagine how they would feel if having a binary gender was the anomaly rather than the norm, and by imagining such a scenario through watching a story, and by examining the thoughts and feelings that story creates in them, perhaps also reexamine how they think about trans and gay people, and how our society treats them.

Bingo. Roll reversal is another way to put it. Puts the outcasts in the role of the ruling intolerant oppressors and a degree of clarity as to the absurdity of it can be seen. Well, that's the objective anyway with regards to that episode of ST:TNG.

Allegory is a very valid and useful form of literature, even if it can be discomforting. Now if its poorly executed or in bad taste, then that is a separate issue.

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta Preloads
10. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Preloads Apr 7, 2016, 14:52 LittleMe

ItBurn wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:36:
They do, but only one episode. More or less one zone and a boss. They'll release the rest of the campaign after release. It's probably going to take a long time. I'm not sure your character progress will be saved between missions either.

Wow okay. $60 for a moba without the full coop campaign.. I'll wait for %50 off. thank you.

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta Preloads
8. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Preloads Apr 7, 2016, 14:28 LittleMe

Wait now I'm confused. I thought it had story line coop from day one. That video is very well done. They have great writers imo.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Sells 400K
1. Re: Black Desert Online Sells 400K Apr 5, 2016, 20:55 LittleMe

Black Desert Online now boasts an average of 100.000 concurrent users.

That figure includes 90,000+ afk'ers since the game punishes offline players.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2016, 17:50 LittleMe

Did the see eye A intentionally get caught, due to intentional sloppy work? Or did they almost go through with it? These 'exercises' often end up happening exactly during the exercise and we get patsy photos as the allegeds. Sandy H had an exercise on the same day. 911 was an exercise on the same day for the same event. Boston had an exercise going on at the same event.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 31, 2016, 23:06 LittleMe

We are being conditioned to this. I'm shocked there isn't a revolt. Who outnumbers who?!?!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
10. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 11:05 LittleMe

Flak wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 10:51:
What about the fact that Halo 5 would probably sell poorly on PC?

You can pass off cheap, watered-down, super easy, brain dead shooters to the console crowd (Call of Duty), doesn't play so well with the PC crowd. Halo is such a grossly overrated shooter is sickening, the gameplay is about 10 years stale and it's beyond predictable.

I remember the days CoD dominated the charts on Steam, now you're lucky to see one CoD game in the top 20 on a good day.

Fuck off Microsoft, we don't want your mediocre games anyway.

True. My guess is MS might see the title on PC as encouraging a further exodus from their console to PC. 'Hey, now your favorite console franchise is on PC where it looks and plays a lot better!'

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
10. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 12:19 LittleMe

The Steam user reviews are presently, imo, more effective than this AU law.

guarantees about goods being of acceptable quality.

Acceptable quality is hard to pin down. Maybe the recent Batman PC release would qualify as unacceptable quality, or not? Do we know yet?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2016, 13:55 LittleMe

So consider that China is now less communist and more capitalist than the USA and much of the western world. We don't produce much capital.

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
14. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 16:41 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 16:11:
Dean Hall took the money and ran.

Citation please? It was my understanding that BI kept most of the revenue from sales.

11. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 15:55 LittleMe

ShakyJake wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 14:28:
Once had the majority of your would-be customers buy into your game and have their money, just how much incentive is there to really finish it, and not just walk away?

The motivation is to keep a good rapport with their customers and stay competitive in the marketplace. It was still in their interest to do a good job on DayZ SA, and they've not delivered acceptable performance. What motivates people and developers varies a lot.

Maybe the project didn't inspire them. DayZ is a very different direction for BI. They like the sandbox milsim shooter genre.

7. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 14:00 LittleMe

Three years late!! Epic fail.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II DLC and Two Worlds III Announced
3. Re: Two Worlds II DLC and Two Worlds III Announced Mar 25, 2016, 23:20 LittleMe

Saboth wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 20:37:
I've tried about 5 times to finish Two Worlds II. Just can't seem to do it. Play for a day or two then get bored of it, delete it then try again in a year or two when there is a lull in games.

This. TW1 had charm that wasn't repeated in II. Glad to hear TW3 is in the works though. There might still be hope! Bring back the horse combat and beautiful + huge explorable world of TW1 in TW3!

News Comments > Atari Vault Opened
16. Re: Atari Vault Opened Mar 25, 2016, 23:17 LittleMe

Protip: hold option down while starting it.  

5253 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo