Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 550 (Apprentice)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 17:21 Asmodai

Don't often get effected by news of famous folk departing the mortal coil, but Chris Cornell is one of my all time faves and will be sorely missed.

He broke his rusty cage and ran. = (

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer May 18, 2017, 17:12 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2017, 16:50:
Theme and MMO aspects aside they're virtually identical games. They're loot based, first person ARPGs. In terms of what the game is and what the goal of it is is no different, grinding for loot. That's all it is.

True, but a lot of games with limited storylines and somewhat grindy content can still be great fun, particularly in co-op. Helldivers comes to mind.

Never played the first Destiny but that was more about being on a console (as I am the king of fucking morons when it comes to controller FPS...). Might round up my group of friends once we see a bit more of what is coming with this.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Gets Watson AI
1. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Gets Watson AI May 11, 2017, 10:14 Asmodai

Yeah, no thanks, I've seen all the "oh noes, the holodeck is malfunctioning" episodes... X D  

News Comments > etc., etc.
21. Re: etc., etc. Apr 29, 2017, 10:07 Asmodai

5 years to make 5 hours of content...

/golfclap

In 2015, it was estimated that she already raised $440,000 for tropes, which means that it cost $1466 bucks odd a minute ignoring any funding after that point (couldn't find an accurate total figure).

When you look at channels like Jimquisition/Cynical Brit etc, in the same period of time, these people have churned out hundreds of hours of content completely free of charge. Hell, Blue will have spent more time maintaining this site in the last 5 years, I'd hazard a guess he didn't make 88 grand a year from Bluesnews revenue (might be completely off base of course but I sincerely doubt it).

People can line up to defend her as much as they like over the content (and while I think she's a professional victim, hack and a flagrant bullshit artist, there are a couple of points that are relevant), but the financials and the complete disregard for fulfilling her promise to her backers whenever it got in the way of running off to play up her victim status or show up for paid appearances was and will always be complete bullshit.

News Comments > Sailaway Early Access
3. Re: Sailaway Early Access Apr 26, 2017, 06:16 Asmodai

I wonder if you go offline for a month after setting off across the Pacific you'll return to find the boat parked on some beach with a skeleton beside it...  

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
9. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 08:35 Asmodai

ViRGE wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 03:46:
Parker, you may want to rephrase that... (I'm assuming here your intent isn't to sound like your racist grandfather)

If you have to guess between "innocent" and "asshole" when reading CJ's comments, always bet on asshole. ; )

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M
10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 1M Apr 11, 2017, 02:12 Asmodai

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:22:
Well anyone who's hobby is gaming would be annoyed that our species is so stupid it will buy unfinished games before they are even complete. How many games have been released in EA and then once the developer has the money then abandons it?

This to me stinks of first world problems. There are so many stupid things our species does that actually matter to be concerned about first than people diving in to early access games...

Anyone who cares about gaming should be rightfully annoyed about it's negative effects on games as a whole.

Dunno, I've had quite a few pleasant surprises in the last few years where games were actually a lot of fun. I'm definitely skeptical of early accesses but I've had enough that tick the "felt like it was worth the bucks" or games that have delivered despite taking their time getting there that I think it's generally a good thing.

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
18. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 11:48 Asmodai

I can see the panderers getting going, so if you really want to see what all the fuss is about, this article has the dialogue in a screenshot:

Article

And the comment from the author of the article:

As plenty of people have pointed out, being transgender tends to be an extremely sensitive topic, so it's jarring to see a character just blurt it out in random conversation. Who knows, maybe things are different in the far future. Maybe transgender people are accepted to the point that they feel comfortable being out. But her casually volunteering her former name, a piece of information that is often jealously guarded by transgender people, is being called out as a major gaffe.

Not going to say much more, don't want to trigger anyone. X D

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2017, 11:22 Asmodai

Grumpy Sod wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 11:05:
Beamer wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 11:01:
...the transsexual character starts every conversation with "I was born a different sex"...

I had been wanting to ask how badly it was done, is that actually how bad it is?

Nah, not even close, it was so low key that if you weren't paying attention, you would have missed it.

And I'm not sure I get the ruckus. Character explains they used to be Stephen, then decided to change to Hainly and go to a new galaxy. Fair enough, of the two changes, moving galaxy to me seems almost as momentous as changing sex. Is it that they explained it to someone who is a relative stranger (but note that as Ryder, you often do prod people about their personal motivations for joining the trip)? Sooo, they've made the change and they're proud, more power to Hainly imo.

10. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 11:14 Asmodai

Didn't really bother me one way or another but I guess when you've got no big issues related to the trans community to tackle, you can attack the one company who is borderline preachy when it comes to inclusiveness of minorities...

Sort of confirms the theory that these 'activists' aren't even satisfied when people go out of their way to pander to their desires, there is always another hurdle to jump to avoid hurting their feelings.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 4, 2017, 19:20 Asmodai

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:43:
Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game

Aaaahhh so at least they are admitting that this was an early access joke release. Good.

Still... GOTY for <= €9.99 or GTFO

Must have those special glasses on again because I don't see them saying that anywhere... /eyeroll

I'm sure they live without your 10 bucks for another 8 months...

X D

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely Mar 31, 2017, 10:25 Asmodai

Fucking woot, was hoping Cyberpunk hadn't gone the way of Half Life 3!  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
48. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 31, 2017, 01:29 Asmodai

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 16:51:
There are just some BAD things that no-one thought out in the game.

The Andromeda Init. is the invaders/aliens. Granted the Kett aren't nice but, "Humans" travel 600 years, don't expect anything to change, show up like they are entitled to everything, go around stealing shit left right and center from poor purple aliens just trying to survive on an ice planet.

Hrm, I seem to recall we also helped out those same aliens to *mild spoiler* fix up their home world vault which was deactivated and slowly killing them...

And there is dialogue that explains we are also the aliens now etc, so their is some realisation about that.

Everyone speaks english (least it was Basic in Star Wars, but still).

There are references to translators in the dialogue, including some bits where NPC's will respond with "that didn't translate properly".

The Citadel was suppose to be finished before you got there but even after 14 months (how the fuck were they suppose to survive, cause if the Hyperion's golden planet was golden then they wouldn't have gone directly to the Citadel/Nexus/whatever it's called).

No one anticipated the scourge which turned everything in to a worst case scenario, and the premise was that colonisation would be established at the same time that connection to the nexus would be.

Why is noone salvaging all the shit all over the place. You can't make 1 shuttle with all the shuttle halfs all over the place?

Yeah, on two hellscapes which kill people if they rove outside safe areas for too long, with limited manpower prior to the arks full of people showing up.

I get the feeling you spaced past a lot of the dialogue at this point.

And WTF is up with the Tardis/Tempest? "It's bigger on the inside" no shit, and why can't I just board the fucking Tempest without going into orbit?

Will give you those two points, climbing on top of the tempest = feel like you're at least 5 times bigger than you are inside it, and yeah, boarding on the ground rather than fucking around launching in to orbit would make more sense.

The transitions are load screens that aren't a static image with a load bar. I don't know if that's better or worse, but it is what it is.

79. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Mar 28, 2017, 19:12 Asmodai

Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:18:
@Asmodai - My spell checker can't even.
http://i.imgur.com/C8OiiCh.png

It's serendipitous that one of the phrases is "pronouns head hurts"...

Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:42:
Once again, no surprise the guy that uses "snowflake" has no clue what he's talking about.

Except that c16 criminalises it in regards to hate speech, and much like the QUT students in Australia that got slapped under our retarded 18c provisions, the process of successfully defending yourself against spurious charges of hate speech, brought subjectively by the "offended", can be ruinous. Never mind the chilling effect on free speech in general because people aren't sure where the subjective edge of the cliff is and err on the side of caution.

And it's already a reality in the US for more than just employers...

Link

The NYCHRL [New York City Human Rights Law] requires employers[, landlords, and all businesses and professionals] to use an [employee’s, tenant’s, customer’s, or client’s] preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification.

So yeah, it's not just as cut and dried as you like to make it out to be. Peterson already has his employer and a large number of staff claiming that parts of what he has said to date is hate speech, despite the fact that he's never actually expressed even a vague distaste for trans people, let alone full blown hatred...

I'm curious though, what are your personal pronouns Beamer? You obviously feel very strongly about this so I assume you actually have some skin in this game. I wouldn't want to offend, so we might as well get this out of the way now.

I really hope you aren't a straight white male appropriating trans rage. That would be fairly tragic. /giggle

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 28, 2017, 18:42 Asmodai

descender wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 11:00:
Asmodai, do you want to know why no one is debating that parents should be more involved and careful about letting their kids use the internet? The article was literally about that... instructing how to use the content control filters on youtube. Are you too busy being "so fucking brilliant" to even read it and realize that?

What Beamer actually called you out for is your propensity to label people as snowflakes and SJW's in order to make yourself feel better... and that basically being a giant red flag for an opinion being about as deep as a puddle of water. He couldn't have been more accurate. Example #2: Timmeh

So please go on and keep rambling about exactly what the article was intended to address. You've been to this page 3 times now and still not accidentally read the thing you are commenting on. No one is laughing at you... I promise.

I guess you missed this part of the article while you were climbing up on your high horse... =)

"It's perfectly legitimate for a parent to believe that something called Peppa Pig is going to be Peppa Pig," she says. "And I think many of them have come to trust YouTube... as a way of entertaining your child for ten minutes while the parent makes a phone call. I think if it wants to be a trusted brand then parents should know that protection is in place."
The company also suggested that parents use the YouTube Kids app, which is available for mobile phones and tablets, and turn on "restricted mode" which limits flagged content. It can be found at the bottom of any page on the YouTube site, but cautions that "no filter is 100% accurate".

It is not perfectly legitimate to trust anything on the web, you always need to do your due diligence. Don't toss the kid in front of Youtube when you want to make a fucking phone call, problem solved. Maybe we should just all click those emails claiming to be from our bank saying that our account is overdrawn and please address immediately... /eyeroll

As for propensity, I've used the term snowflake in exactly one comments section. Beamer has his tits in a twist over gender neutral post comments and we've had very little to do with each other before that. As trends go, that's a pretty small sample size. Reeks of oversensitivity, dare I say 'snowflake-ism', when an opinion (and not even a really offensive one imo) causes people to burst in to indignant, self righteous flames... =)

Ciao!

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2017, 00:37 Asmodai

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 21:05:
Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 11:02:
You know someone will never, ever have an opinion worth hearing, or that isn't related to their own selfish and obnoxious concerns, when the run around using "snowflake" to describe other people.

They're always, unanimously, utter failures at life.

Pay attention to him, people. There's no one else here with his special insight on selfish and obnoxious opinions based on an inflated opinion of themselves (not to mention a keen understanding of failure). You are in the presence of a master...

/grin

It's dreadfully ironic just how much he lacks the self awareness to see that he has become the quintessential thin skinned SJW.

He hasn't even addressed the topic at hand, ie. inappropriate material that looks like children's entertainment slipping in to kids hands. Too busy bursting in to flames because I have the temerity to demand that parents should actually take care of their kids. What fucking cheek I have...

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2017, 00:27 Asmodai

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 22:43:
What do you wanna bet that Asmodei is on his 3rd bowl of popcorn, that cunning little snowflake.

Actually I hadn't dropped by to check up on how far up his own ass Beamer was tunneling tbh, but he sure doesn't disappoint...

I stand by my original statement. Anyone who let's a 3 year old (or a 7 year old, which is where my son is at at the mo) browse the internet without vetting their content is too fucking lazy to be a parent and wants to offload their parental responsibilities to everyone else...

So yeah, fuck those selfish douchebags who do not love their kids enough to be a true parent. Those that are too pig ignorant to spend the time to work out how to put a parental lock on their computers. Make it everyone else problem to take care of your kid.

And as for Beamer and his ilk, who lead with their glass chins and insults, good luck to you guys. Sling your insults, make your wild guesses, cast your aspersions. You can even make believe you're hitting the mark if you wish.

67. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Mar 27, 2017, 18:29 Asmodai

Blue wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 11:31:
As for that different topic, I always feel it is easy enough to refer to people the way they prefer. That's just simple respect and doesn't seem that difficult.

Probably helps that USA hasn't gone full retard like Canada and made it illegal to misgender someone, even accidentally.

If you're talking about the micro scale (ie. personal interactions), then sure, that's just polite.

But on a macro scale?

Jeebus...

Nominative (subject) Accusative (object) Possessive adjective Possessive pronoun Reflexive
Elverson[1] ey laughed I kissed em eir head hurts that is eirs ey feeds emself
Spivak (original)[2] e laughed I kissed em eir head hurts that is eirs e feeds emself
Spivak variants e / ey laughed I kissed em / eir eir head hurts that is eirs e / ey feeds emself / eirself
sie and hir[3] sie laughed I kissed hir hir head hurts that is hirs sie feeds hirself
s/he and hir[4] s/he laughed I kissed hir hir head hurts that is hirs s/he feeds hirself
ze and hir[5] ze laughed I kissed hir hir head hurts that is hirs ze feeds hirself
xe[6] xe laughed I kissed xem xyr head hurts that is xyrs xe feeds xemself/xyrself
ve[7] ve laughed I kissed ver vis head hurts that is vis ve feeds verself
vey[8] vey laughed I kissed ve vy head hurts that is vyn vey feeds vyself
ze and mer[9] ze laughed I kissed mer zer head hurts that is zers ze feeds zemself
e, em, es[10] e laughed I kissed em es head hurts
e, em, e's[11] e laughed I kissed em e's head hurts that is e's e feeds emself
e and het e laughed I kissed het het head hurts that is hets e feeds hetself
thon[12][13][14] thon laughed I kissed thon thons head hurts that is thon's thon feeds thonself
Humanist[15][16] hu laughed I kissed hum hus head hurts that is hus hu feeds huself
hesh hesh laughed I kissed hesh hesh's head hurts that is hesh's hesh feeds heshself
ne ne laughed I kissed nem nir head hurts that is nirs ne feeds nemself
hiser or his'er [17] he'er laughed I kissed him'er/himer his'er/hiser head hurts that is his'ers/hisers
en en laughed I kissed en ens head hurts that is ens en feeds enself
hi hi laughed I kissed hem hes head hurts that is hes hi feeds hemself
le le laughed I kissed lim lis head hurts that is lis le feeds limself
himer himer laughed I kissed himer himer's head hurts that is himers himer feeds himerself
ir ir laughed I kissed iro irs head hurts that is irs ir feeds irself
se se laughed I kissed sim sis head hurts that is sis se feeds simself
hse hse laughed I kissed hse hse's head hurts that is hse's hse feeds hseself
co co laughed I kissed co cos head hurts that is co's co feeds coself
tey, tem, ter[18] tey laughed I kissed tem ter head hurts that is ters
tey tey laughed I kissed tem term head hurts that is terms term feeds termself
shkle shkle laughed I kissed shkler/shklim shklers head hurts that is shklers term feeds shklimself
ze ze laughed I kissed zim zees head hurts that is zees ze feeds zeeself
per[19] per laughed I kissed per pers head hurts that is pers per feeds perself
na na laughed I kissed nan nas head hurts that is nas na feeds naself
en en laughed I kissed ar es head hurts that is es en feeds arself
rim rim laughed I kissed run ris head hurts that is ris rim feeds rimself.
ae ae laughed I kissed ae ae's head hurts that is ae's ae feeds aeself
ay ay laughed I kissed ay ay's head hurts that is ay's ay feeds ayself
et et laughed I kissed et ets head hurts that is ets et feeds etself
heshe heshe laughed I kissed hen hes head hurts that is hes heshe feeds hemself
hann hann laughed I kissed hann hanns head hurts that is hanns hann feeds hannself
herm herm laughed I kissed herm herm's head hurts that is herm's herm feeds hermself
phe phe laughed I kissed phe phe's head hurts that is phe's phe feeds phe's self

Sorry, ain't nobody got time for that shit...

66. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Mar 27, 2017, 18:22 Asmodai

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 01:49:
You just compared being born differently, in a way that harms no one other than asking them to use a different pronoun, to wanting to have sex with 8 year old boys, and therefore nothing you ever say, about any topic, is worth listening to. You aren't terribly good at critically thinking.

Incorrect. Typical of a SJW to instantly nitpick the one thing they think can disqualify someone from the conversation rather than actually address things with anything other than the standard party line, which requires only spouting the same shit over and over again. The example is hyperbolic, sure, but it is certainly legitimate. How far must society bend to make everyone comfortable, rather than according all the same basic rights and then letting the system run itself from there? \= )

Instead of teaching people to overcome adversity, this sort of mollycoddling reinforces their status as permanent victims. Handicapped rather than handicapable... And a great many of "them" (ie. trans etc) are quite capable of taking care of themselves without well intentioned bleeding hearts constantly jumping to their defense.

So you can take your smug, holier than thou bullshit and shove it up your ass mate because, much like a devouring mother, you're really doing the people you purport to support nothing good.

As Schwarzenegger said yesterday, the people you are demeaning are likely infinitely better, and more valuable, humans than yourself, but keep thinking you're more worthwhile than them.

/shrug I don't think I'm more or less worthwhile than a group of people the majority of which I've never met. I don't envy their lives and think that it must take great fortitude to be stuck living so differently from others. I completely support equal rights/recognition, marriage equality etc, and as I said, if I am asked in person to use different pronouns, I will. (you must have missed that bit when you were getting all fucking salty)

Of course, you don't know me or the things I've been through and don't really care, so I guess your bleeding heart only runs so far before it stops giving a shit.. Not that I want you to of course, I'm a big boy and can take care of myself without someone leaping to my defense, but it's interesting that people that make a big show of just how much they care can be so damned insensitive... /grin

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 27, 2017, 10:14 Asmodai

K, which idiot let's a 3 year old watch the internet without screening their content?

Sorry snowflakes, but if you're too fucking dumb to realise that it's a jungle out there, then your kids are going to see a lot of awful fucking stuff.

550 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo