Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 669 (Apprentice)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 19, 2018, 04:17 Asmodai

Seems ridiculous to me that people make the assumption that every German was a nazi (and every ally was as pure as the driven snow). How about the greatest mass rape in history when Soviet soldiers raped their way through Berlin at the end of the war? Do we see anyone complaining about playing Soviet soldiers despite everything Stalin did, including genocides that made Hitler look like a rank bloody amateur?

I'm certain that any story featuring a German protagonist in WWII would be portrayed as either an average soldier, or a guy that ended up changing sides or trying to get out. I just don't see what the problem is (unless we're talking about SJW snowflakes, in which case the problem is they are thin skinned fuckwits...)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2018, 06:47 Asmodai

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 13:10:
Girl children are substantially less annoying than boy children.

Yeah, it's totally not annoying when my sons cousins (both girls) used to bully him (including punching him) and he'd come home and ask me why it's okay to stand up to bullies, but not okay to hit girls...

3rd and 2nd world, sure, girl children have a shit time of it for the most part and it deserves a lot of attention. First world? Girls are spoiled with advantages most boys will never have. Never getting called toxic because they had the fortune to be born with a vagina for example.

Google "International day of the boy child" sometime... This is the first thing that pops up:

International Men's Day is followed by Universal Children's Day on 20 November, forming a 48-hour celebration of men and children, respectively.

Then there's this...

http://internationalboysday.org/about-us/history/

Protecting the girl child is equally important. Some of us would be aware that since 2012, the United Nations marks 11 October as the “International Day of the Girl Child“. The obvious question is – why have we not dedicated a day that focuses on the Boy Child? We must not allow the continued imbalance of the gender scale. We cannot ignore that without a focus on both the boy child and the girl child, gender equality is not a reality.

And of course searching for day of the boy child inevitably brings up a few stories on the first page about day of the girl child... Equality yo!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2018, 20:06 Asmodai

The article re: the hoaxed gender studies papers was just fucking pure 100% gold...

I particularly love this retort.

“What strikes me about stunts like this is their fundamental meanness,” Sean Carroll, a physicist at the California Institute of Technology, wrote on Twitter. “No attempt to intellectually engage with ideas you disagree with; just trolling for lulz.”

Seriously, people have tried engaging for years. Misogynist, homophobe, transphobe, islamaphobe is the standard response. As for mean? Seriously? All men are rapists, all men are oppressors? 'Not all' is a cop out? Masculinity bad! /facepalm

Best bit was when they quoted Mein Kampf and changed certain bits so it related to feminist studies rather than Hitler stuff and it was fucking lauded as brilliant...

Another classic was a paper done in 6 hours that was based on an online "emo teen" poetry generator which was cleaned up and presented as the musing of a bitter feminist.

When the peers reviewing the paper are so ignorant and ideologically misguided that they think Hitler's thoughts transmuted to feminism are great, you know there's something very wrong going on. Boghossian and co. intend to do more of this sort of thing. I think they will have a slightly harder time now they've fired shots across the bow, but I'm confident they'll still be able to get some glorious tripe legitimately published.

News Comments > Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards
8. Re: Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards Sep 6, 2018, 03:13 Asmodai

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 12:58:
I hate these goddamn "loyalty" programs.

It would be fine if it was a "ice cream on top of the cake" rather than "dirty bandaid on disemboweling..."

I do not mind value add incentive programs like daily login rewards to good games. Emphasis on the "good" bit... =)

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Announced
2. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Announced Sep 1, 2018, 06:24 Asmodai

Original was kinda fun although it got a bit same old towards the end. Hopefully they improved on the original.  

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
7. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Aug 31, 2018, 23:14 Asmodai

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 21:51:
Here is the idea replacement tattoo.

Your post at least gave me a laugh. Some twat who dislikes Trump got Trump's name permanently tattooed to his flesh...

Let that sink in for a bit. Doesn't actually matter that it replaces the rug with a poop, Trump is important enough that the wanker in the photo decided to permanently commemorate him... =D

But I figure it's a symptom of your sig, ie. following some inane law where you give up the ability to use your brain and instead follow the sheep. My rule for news? Do my homework, find out if it's true or not (regardless of source) and then make up my mind.

re: the story (rather than the pointless political grandstanding), it's hilarious just how badly the narrative contradicts itself. Everyone who doesn't submit to PC belief system is a facist/racist/nazi etc, but a games company can't depict symbols of such on prison inmates, who typically overrepresent in these categories.

And of course polygon reported it... X D

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
30. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 30, 2018, 03:48 Asmodai

And before anyone joins Seph on the 'ass in the clouds, head in the ass' brigade, I did read the article and there was some wacky shit going down there.

I firmly believe that rather than just addressing the problem directly with some firings, they are doing this purely for the brownie points from people who won't even play their game. More power to em for throwing away money for pyrrhic gains, because we all know that as soon as they step out of line, any fans garnered by them will immediately turn on them. The left eats itself, that is well known by now. Fix your shit and stop pretending to be white knights.

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
28. removed Aug 30, 2018, 03:40 Asmodai

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 30, 2018, 08:58.

News Comments > Champions Online Turns Nine
1. Re: Champions Online Turns Nine Aug 24, 2018, 04:24 Asmodai

Kinda sad, I loved my shadow/psi toon in beta (even wrote a proper RP backstory about her), got to max level in 3 days and realised that the last 3rd of the game + end game was completely empty of anything resembling coherent content.

When it went F2P, I returned briefly only to find my toon was locked behind a paywall (dual class toons are not F2P) and the F2P offerings were crap. Never looked back and can't be fucked doing it now...

Pity, because it still has one of the best character creations in the MMO world. Pity about how badly the rest was muffed up.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. removed Jul 10, 2018, 07:04 Asmodai

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 2018, 15:04.

News Comments > 2018 Steam Top Sellers
2. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 5, 2018, 21:42 Asmodai

Good to see Kingdom Come doing so well despite the waaaaaaaaah over lack of "cultural diversity".  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 6
1. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 6 Jun 15, 2018, 06:19 Asmodai

Call me silly, but 50% "choice of gender" + 8% female lead = 58%...

Vs 70 odd % where you have a choice + male. So 12% difference overall.

My what a fucking tragedy... Gotta love Femme Freak trying to stay relevant.

News Comments > Anthem Trailer and Details
14. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:58 Asmodai

Love the remix of that song though... =)  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 30, 2018, 03:17 Asmodai

eRe4s3r wrote on May 30, 2018, 00:08:
Aren't streamers getting monies via patreon and donations? Wtf is this study?

Yet another opportunity to bitch and moan about a system where women aren't automatically thrown money for being women...

Do a great job and grow your channel, you'll make money. Until YT decides you're not politically correct and torps it all...

News Comments > TerraTech Free Weekend
2. Re: TerraTech Free Weekend May 23, 2018, 01:46 Asmodai

Had it for a while, the new release is kinda fun but get's same old same old kinda fast. The campaign seems more like a tutorial series buffed up by standard fetch/kill quests. The building for vehicles is cool though (you end up with some monstrous vehicles...)  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 18, 2018, 19:04 Asmodai

Creston wrote on May 18, 2018, 18:51:
Alright, here's what we'll do. We'll ban videogames for a year.

Then, when we've seen that doesn't work, we're gonna ban guns for a year.

At the end, we'll pick the real culprit. Deal?

Fuck you NRA.

How about we ban idiots looking for a silver bullet solution to a very complex and layered problem?

Hell, why don't we ban men while we're at it??

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/17/gun-violence-masculinity-216321

/eyeroll

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2018, 04:27 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 15:36:
Oh absolutely. The hard science has been in on booze for decades now. There is no upside. Or at least the upside is entirely negligent when compared to the downsides.

Enjoyment? Relaxation?

By that logic, why eat anything that isn't strictly 100% healthy for you? Why even consider things like flavour? Make the whole thing strictly utilitarian...

What a fucking awful existence.

News Comments > Fighting Rainbow Six Siege Toxicity
4. Re: Fighting Rainbow Six Siege Toxicity Apr 5, 2018, 03:28 Asmodai

Numinar wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 23:36:
Free speech is super important but if I wan't to read the Brietbart comments section I'll go there, I don't need it in my games.

If they ban casual swearing then I'm fucked though. How can I expect to be murdered and murder repeatedly without a few f and c bombs?

Nobody needs to be called a variant of "homosexual black person" though, not even homosexual black people if they dared to identify as such online. Not the way these pricks say it. Come on. The ToS of this very site would cover this kind of behavior, something similar should be enforced in games.

Well therein the problem lies. The c-bomb is considered extremely offensive by some people and not at all offensive by others. If you want to consider offense levels, then the standard these days is always the lowest common denominator. So even if you don't indulge in racist/homophobic etc language, there will always be someone eventually that finds your conduct beyond the pale.

ps. I'm curious, generally, what is the LD50 of online toxicity? X D

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
7. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 11:50 Asmodai

Darks wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 10:26:
So, no word on this being an update for those who already own it? or are they trying to strong arm everyone into buying this pos again?

POS? This was the best of the Red Faction games.. =)

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 26, 2018, 02:59 Asmodai

Dev wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 02:49:
Not going to happen, never going to get a windows 10 version like that. MS likes to talk a bit talk about rededicating themselves to PC gamers, but it doesn't usually mean anything good, neutral at best.

Like mod support on windows store? That's an anathema to the way these people think.

There is a version that's great. It's called Enterprise LTSB and good fucking luck getting your hands on a copy if you don't work for an enterprise volume license org.

No shit features (edge, cortana, store etc) and no forced major updates. And MS doesn't want people using it...

669 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo