Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 511 (Apprentice)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
52. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 06:30 Asmodai

El Pit wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 03:28:
That comparison is so hilariously off, I don't know where to start with the explanation. Therefore, I won't even bother. Some hints, though: indian wages and raw material prices in comparison to US/EU/AUS/NZ and so on, etc., pp. It is not even apples and oranges, it is submarines and eggs.

If you can afford a submarine while the other guy is stuck with an egg, you can afford to quit bitching about regional pricing. X D

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Videos
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Videos Jun 21, 2016, 06:41 Asmodai

This is ARPG valium... That movement/combat was soooo fucking slow...  

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
11. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 06:22 Asmodai

Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 21:32:
Those 2 really needed some nerfing. McCree could oneshot tanks. Getting oneshotted by a sniper simply isn't remotely fun. Wtf could I've done to prevent that? Not show my face?

I'll enjoy a better balanced Overwatch once I've returned from my USA trip. Gonna be chillin' at family in Connecticut (East-Haddam) and Pennsylvania (Doylestown).

Part of the problem with Widowmaker is that headshot boxes extend beyond the head part of the model. Been demonstrated that you could hit a headshot with the player completely obscured by cover by aiming 10-15 cm's to the left or right of the head (or above in the open).

Not sure if they addressed that at all but /shrug, if you know widow is around you just try to be more careful about exposing yourself (and the big colour lines tend to give her position away quickly... ; )

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
13. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2016, 03:09 Asmodai

Never bought in to TF1 (played the beta, and MP was fun but not the at the price they were asking), but that does look kinda sweet...  

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
7. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 01:56 Asmodai

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:11:
Told ya this shit is garbage but nooo... CJ is such a horrible troll and a negative nancy blahblahbluhblehblah. Yup. Maybe I am. But I'm also right 99.9% of the time .

Keep on buying all the latest hyped garbage games though so the publishers know that's exactly what you want. Come on... there's a Watch Dawgs 2 waiting for preorders just based on the trailer. Whatcha waitin' for? Go, go, go!

/giggle Yet another thread where CJ attempts to self fellate...

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
7. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 06:09 Asmodai

My co-op group enjoyed the content and DZ (cheats were an issue but not an enormous one) until I (the tanky build) started crashing out after the last patch in Falcon Down. Turns out, the sound of the big cannon explosion causes some SLI users to crash if you are looking in the direction of the sound source...

At that point, we kinda gave up until they fixed the shit, guess we'll see when the patch drops...

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Released
7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Released May 18, 2016, 06:03 Asmodai

Wesp5 wrote on May 18, 2016, 03:13:
I still can't get over the stupid setting. I mean North Korea occuping the USA? How could this even be remotely possible?

I take it you never saw Red Dawn? \= |

They put out extensive background to the reason why North Korea had turned in to a superpower via technology in the lead up vids, it's an alternate history.

I'm guessing you'd complain because Wolfenstein isn't an accurate recollection of WWII?

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
23. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 09:46 Asmodai

deqer wrote on May 8, 2016, 20:03:
Gabe's Valve's TF2 got STOMPED!

TF2 was released in 2007...

If it takes 9 years to come up with something to "stomp" a title, I'd say the title has done it's job.

ps. Gaben must have touched your no hole pretty hard to cause this much whiney teenage angst.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 9, 2016, 05:49 Asmodai

Mine started when the wife was pregnant as a mobile husband locator. I occasionally use it for work. Otherwise, I hate the fucking thing.

And no, it's not devolutionising anything, kids were always morons (they were in my day, I know I've done shitloads of dumb things) and they're morons now. It's natural selection that has evolved. Die walking in to traffic because you can't leave twitter alone, that's evolution in action...

But it's funny when you see a table full of people not talking while all madly using their phones. Connected to so many people but completely alone. Kinda sad.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
28. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 23:46 Asmodai

For noting, the group I run with have not used cheats, have successfully navigated the DZ many times and have carried off far more loot than we've lost...

Random DZ yellow loot = waste of time mostly apart from mulching for crafting, it's 90% 161 level which is far below our current 204-214. We've also taken down our fair share of hackers (4x defense link in a row + stuns + fire rounds + turret and even the most avid hacker will eventually lose).

Yes, it's crap that it came to market like this. Yes, it sucks to have some asshat murder you by cheating. But it ain't the end of the world and the game is still, imo, worth the price of admission. Your mileage may vary.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 23:12 Asmodai

Space Marine was a bunch of fun in co-op horde mode, the story line was a little lacklustre.

I still want to play Tyrannid /grumble mutter

This looks great, I will definitely be wading around with shield and mace screaming "CLEANSE, PURGE, KIIIIILLLLL!"

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
6. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 29, 2016, 22:41 Asmodai

Yeah, after doing a little digging, the programmers in my regular 4 man have found out just how simple it is for even complete morons to do stuff like eternal clips with enormous fire rates.

To the point where they can game the built in systems. eg. You can increase the head hit box and texture to enormous size to make a head shot easier than a body shot (even before you get to aim bot territory).

Considering how much went right with the Division (had a bunch of fun so far), the lack of security is stunning (except, Ubi, so there's always guaranteed to be something completely broken...)

News Comments > Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Released
2. Re: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Released Apr 15, 2016, 03:17 Asmodai

DangerDog wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 02:27:
What's up with these walking simulators trying to pass off as games?

I'm imagining a bunch of unemployed environmental artists that decide to make a game but don't know how to do character animation and coding for AI.

Eh, interactive story.

Just like TV but actually requires you to do something.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailer
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailer Apr 12, 2016, 05:26 Asmodai

For noting, at this point in time, there are no server side checks for RPM on guns...

Got hit by a hacker the other night that sped around, took shots without taking damage and unloaded a full clip from his Vector in less than a second (blew through a 360,000 HP riot shield and 80k of hit points in one salvo).

Which is a pity because so far I've been enjoying 99% of this game.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2016, 20:24 Asmodai

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 20:03:
Plastic is pervasive, but there are things you can do.

My state has banned plastic grocery bags. We went back to paper.

At home, I have plastic bags, but I rarely use them, using glass Tupperware instead. The lids are plastic, but get used a 1000 times or so.

I try to buy metal, wood, or silicon utensils over plastic, and if we get any disposable plastic utensils, we wash and reuse.

Etc.

Indeed, but the fad in plastic is because it's cheap now and people demand cheaper products, as a customer, and more profit as a shareholder.

Plastic is the material of greed. Similar reason to why a lot of affluent countries have seen total collapse of manufacturing, and massive offshoring of services, because people are generally not prepared (or able) to pay the prices to support local, or sustainable, or want the best bang for buck in their investments.

Much like the credit card, it's a buy now/pay later problem and given what plastic is doing to the oceans, it's going to be a bill that I'm not sure we can pay (or survive paying).

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Feminist Frequency's next video series hits crowdfunding goal. Apr 8, 2016, 06:50 Asmodai

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 04:48:
I hear that just about every campaign that got funded in the last minute. But no matter! SJW Haters and Alpha Male Defenders activate! `Tis surely a cause worth of an investigation.

Not particularly. Sarkeesian constantly courts the trolls and "haters", because they generate much needed controversy which generates defense. People stick to their guns and her defenders willingly reach for their wallets to teach those awful misogynists a lesson...

That her supporters are too stupid too see she is taking them for a ride to line her pockets and keep the spotlight on her is neither here nor there. It doesn't take much to get a mob of morons rolling (see Trump for a classic example), just a matter of keeping up the momentum.

News Comments > Zombasite Demo
3. Re: Zombasite Demo Mar 24, 2016, 02:46 Asmodai

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 20:54:
Fuck the retarded zombie fad. Will it never end? *sigh*

Fuck the retarded weighing in on every game you never intend to play but want to heap shit on, will it never end? *sigh*

News Comments > The Division 60 FPS PC Trailer
9. Re: The Division 60 FPS PC Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 04:45 Asmodai

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 22:20:
Its still UBI

Funny, said the same thing going in to the open beta...

Cept Ubi now let's you have your game on Steam, allows you to synch Steam friends to Ubi friends, allows you to synch your Ubi and Steam accounts so they are seamless. The game itself has fantastic transitions from shared areas to solo, matchmaking and joining friends is well done, latency is brilliant (playing from Australia and had no problem PvP'ing with/against Americans).

Not to mention that with 3 friends, the game is just a bunch of fun. Kinda reminds of Mass Effect 3 co-op horde mode which I sank way too many hours in to.

Honestly, it's not a hugely deep title, but the excuse "it's Ubi" is going to wear thin during this one. They have done a legitimately good job with this title in many respects. Blame them for their fuck ups, sure, but this ain't one of them. Well, yet... ; )

News Comments > CONAN EXILES Video Diary
4. Re: CONAN EXILES Video Diary Feb 12, 2016, 05:17 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 16:27:
zero interest

You know you could just macro that so it posts in every new game that arrives, would save you a bunch of time... ; )

News Comments > Dark Souls III Intro Cinematic
1. Re: Dark Souls III Intro Cinematic Feb 8, 2016, 20:22 Asmodai

Yeah, so once again it's "kill a bunch of stuff for 'reasons' cos... reasons!".

Not sure why they bother with trying to establish a storyline.

511 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo