Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 522 (Apprentice)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
6. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 2, 2016, 03:33 Asmodai

If you haven't read the novels yet and do like a bit of a departure from the standard Western style fantasy, these are great. Got all of em after picking the first one up in an airport and couldn't put it down.

Looking forward to giving the game a whirl when my dance card frees up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Dwarves Trailer
3. Re: The Dwarves Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 03:44 Asmodai

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 12:48:
This game looks somewhat interesting. You've got my attention at the very least, if you have a 4+ person party based, isometric(-ish) fantasy or sci-fi combat heavy game... I'll read up on The Dwarves a bit.

The books (I've read them all) are quite enjoyable as long as you are prepared to take on board the cultural background of the writer (German iirc). Much like the Nightwatch books, they differ dramatically from Western tropes and plotlines.

Crazy that someone has made a game of this already when other fantasy IP's haven't made it to game or movie (Gemmel's Legend books for example), but I'm quite interested to give it a whirl.

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
14. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 15:32 Asmodai

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 13:21:
Let a company making shitty games fail because they make shitty games and no one buys them. End of story. Don't take it upon yourself to harass them off the planet.

These guys brought this shit on themselves.

Everyone knows that out of the billions of people on the net, there is a guaranteed % that are going to say the worst possible things. It's not nice, it's not cool, but it's a reality.

So when you flip unity assets to turn out complete shovelware and go after anyone who calls you on it, it's pretty understandable that there would be a over the top reaction...

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2016, 01:25 Asmodai

Bumpy wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 20:43:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 18:55:
Now there's a game that needs to be remade.

Please, no. It will get consolized and ruined.

While the gameplay was fun, it was the soundtrack and the way they captured that 70's car chase movie feel that really made this game a winner.

Plus the children... The children are burning!

News Comments > Endless Legend Tempest Announced
1. Re: Endless Legend Tempest Announced Aug 26, 2016, 18:45 Asmodai

If you love 4x or Civ etc, can't recommend EL highly enough. Fantastic game.  

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
12. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 21, 2016, 08:44 Asmodai

Luke wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 06:14:
RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 15:12:
I'm a founder. It's crap.

Everything that starts with a Founder request is doommed , but peps will not learn Clown

Yeah, obviously...

Grim Dawn
Elite
7 Days To Die
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Rain
Subnautica
Wasteland 2
Path of Exile

Should I go on?

As for me, I have enough disposable income that I can afford to speculate on the games that I really do want to see come out. Buyer beware of course, but most of my picks have been worth it.

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
8. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 21:36 Asmodai

Current PvE vs Tyranids (wtb playable tyranids btw...) is shite, plenty of falling through the floor, bugged combat (combat is not fluid in the slightest), net code is questionable etc etc.

It's been pretty disappointing thus far because War 40k Planetside with PvE sounds, on the surface, like "a good thing"...

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 17, 2016, 06:14 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 21:37:
Good clickbait title because it clearly wasn't his hand that knocked it off. Rolleyes

Or the leg/thing/stomach/chest/arm...

Honestly, he essentially licked the whole bar with his body...

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
18. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 05:58 Asmodai

Luke wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 05:35:
Easy now Easy now , we will introduce a new system called battlenet that req always online that way there will be no cheaters in the future

It will work for all our games : We blizzi did it no more cheaters.....

Ah don't be fucking backwards... It's impossible to stop people cheating because you are exposing a system made by possibly hundreds of people to millions. It's simple probability, eventually someone is going to find a loophole or a way to apply external code...

It's how they respond to cheats, and battlenet is a pretty effective tool by the looks of it.

ps. I'd love to see you dig up an actual quote where Blizz said battlenet was cheat proof.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2016, 11:29 Asmodai

"I want you to stay! And have a little drink for me. I want you to be happy, I want me to be happy. I want you to be happy for me and me to be happy for you. Is that so much to ask around here?" Londo

"Rest easy, friends. Rest easy."
-- Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"The Deconstruction of Falling Stars"

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2016, 10:08 Asmodai

/logs in
/lagspike
/dead
/uninstall

Is this some sort of screwy masochistic experiment?

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
52. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 06:30 Asmodai

El Pit wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 03:28:
That comparison is so hilariously off, I don't know where to start with the explanation. Therefore, I won't even bother. Some hints, though: indian wages and raw material prices in comparison to US/EU/AUS/NZ and so on, etc., pp. It is not even apples and oranges, it is submarines and eggs.

If you can afford a submarine while the other guy is stuck with an egg, you can afford to quit bitching about regional pricing. X D

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Videos
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr Videos Jun 21, 2016, 06:41 Asmodai

This is ARPG valium... That movement/combat was soooo fucking slow...  

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
11. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 06:22 Asmodai

Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 21:32:
Those 2 really needed some nerfing. McCree could oneshot tanks. Getting oneshotted by a sniper simply isn't remotely fun. Wtf could I've done to prevent that? Not show my face?

I'll enjoy a better balanced Overwatch once I've returned from my USA trip. Gonna be chillin' at family in Connecticut (East-Haddam) and Pennsylvania (Doylestown).

Part of the problem with Widowmaker is that headshot boxes extend beyond the head part of the model. Been demonstrated that you could hit a headshot with the player completely obscured by cover by aiming 10-15 cm's to the left or right of the head (or above in the open).

Not sure if they addressed that at all but /shrug, if you know widow is around you just try to be more careful about exposing yourself (and the big colour lines tend to give her position away quickly... ; )

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
13. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2016, 03:09 Asmodai

Never bought in to TF1 (played the beta, and MP was fun but not the at the price they were asking), but that does look kinda sweet...  

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
7. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 10, 2016, 01:56 Asmodai

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:11:
Told ya this shit is garbage but nooo... CJ is such a horrible troll and a negative nancy blahblahbluhblehblah. Yup. Maybe I am. But I'm also right 99.9% of the time .

Keep on buying all the latest hyped garbage games though so the publishers know that's exactly what you want. Come on... there's a Watch Dawgs 2 waiting for preorders just based on the trailer. Whatcha waitin' for? Go, go, go!

/giggle Yet another thread where CJ attempts to self fellate...

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
7. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 06:09 Asmodai

My co-op group enjoyed the content and DZ (cheats were an issue but not an enormous one) until I (the tanky build) started crashing out after the last patch in Falcon Down. Turns out, the sound of the big cannon explosion causes some SLI users to crash if you are looking in the direction of the sound source...

At that point, we kinda gave up until they fixed the shit, guess we'll see when the patch drops...

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Released
7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Released May 18, 2016, 06:03 Asmodai

Wesp5 wrote on May 18, 2016, 03:13:
I still can't get over the stupid setting. I mean North Korea occuping the USA? How could this even be remotely possible?

I take it you never saw Red Dawn? \= |

They put out extensive background to the reason why North Korea had turned in to a superpower via technology in the lead up vids, it's an alternate history.

I'm guessing you'd complain because Wolfenstein isn't an accurate recollection of WWII?

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
23. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 09:46 Asmodai

deqer wrote on May 8, 2016, 20:03:
Gabe's Valve's TF2 got STOMPED!

TF2 was released in 2007...

If it takes 9 years to come up with something to "stomp" a title, I'd say the title has done it's job.

ps. Gaben must have touched your no hole pretty hard to cause this much whiney teenage angst.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 9, 2016, 05:49 Asmodai

Mine started when the wife was pregnant as a mobile husband locator. I occasionally use it for work. Otherwise, I hate the fucking thing.

And no, it's not devolutionising anything, kids were always morons (they were in my day, I know I've done shitloads of dumb things) and they're morons now. It's natural selection that has evolved. Die walking in to traffic because you can't leave twitter alone, that's evolution in action...

But it's funny when you see a table full of people not talking while all madly using their phones. Connected to so many people but completely alone. Kinda sad.

522 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo