Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 1096 (Pro)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deponia Doomsday Next Week
6. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 26, 2016, 15:13 saluk

Yeah I found these games quite mediocre. And yet I played them all and will play the fourth one. As a gamer for whom adventure games are still my favorite genre... I take what I can get :/  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadwen Demo; Playing Lowers Game's Price
10. Re: Shadwen Demo; Playing Lowers Game's Price Feb 25, 2016, 18:39 saluk

Nice little promotion. Looks like they are taking the physics/puzzling of trine and applying to a stealth game. Might add this to my backlog, but where to put it... probably around the #300's somewhere.  

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us
23. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 21:10 saluk

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 20:10:
everything passes but steam says my nvidia titan card is not up to snuff...wtf? because it has only 6 gigs of memory? oh well...fuck it...

Try running it again. The first time I ran it it flagged my 780 ti, but I ran it again just now and it was green. Not a very clear benchmarking program lol.

You'll be fine.

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
94. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 23, 2016, 21:01 saluk

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 22:05:
Saboth wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 19:11:
Leper wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 17:54:
Can't wait to put my money down.

I hope you have a great time and thank you taking the risk of being an early-adopter. I'm definitely interested and might pick a device up in the next year if things look positive, but honestly it'll take less people like me and more like you to make VR a success.

Yeah, not for me. Too many people rushing around with products and there is no guarantee every (eventual) game will work with every VR solution. Right now, the library isn't there, the need isn't there. You could plunk down $800 and find out Oculus is the platform every developer decided to flock to and end up with 5 games and a useless VR headset. Maybe I'm an "old fogey", but I remember LaserDisc, Betamax, The Power Glove, HD DVD, Virtual Boy and a whole host of other super expensive flops throughout modern history.

And no one is asking someone who doesn't feel comfortable with VR at this time to take the plunge. There are plenty out there, hitting up all the different sites that will kick start it for us.

Yep. Like other technologies, there will be a ramp up period. I wouldn't want anyone who is unsure about it to spend that much on something and have buyers remorse. I think most of the "kick starters" will actually be those who lived through the 90s craze of the past and are thrilled to finally see the promise actually pay off.

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us
21. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 14:22 saluk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRyjEYkMCw  

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
80. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 22, 2016, 17:19 saluk

Can't wait to put my money down.

Fun watching all you old fogeys whining about how your black and white tv is just fine and you don't need to spend the $1000 for a color set.

Yup, 640k is enough memory for anybody.

Speech in movies? What a laugh! I don't want a giant face in a movie theater creepily talking to me!

I hate riding the train too, because at 20mph, it makes me want to throw up. That's faster than man was designed to move.

Yes, we are totally still pre-mainstream. But the writing is on the wall. 800 is cheap for a generation 1 of any new technology. I can't think of many that were cheaper, except the first iphone was cheaper (at 599 it matches the introductory price of the Oculus).

This is the game I'm most looking forward to, and the reason I'm more excited about the Vive than the Oculus at this point: http://store.steampowered.com/app/380220/

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Crowdfunding Intermission
13. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Crowdfunding Intermission Feb 20, 2016, 13:53 saluk

The kickstarter failed... but it made more money than their first kickstarter. They were asking for too much.

A lot of people liked their original game and were hoping to see more. Just not enough.

The failure of this one is pretty disappointing, and trying to make it look like a positive is a bit distasteful.

They can't just write scripts because they are writing IF. But they could be writing IF a la Firewatch or Telltale rather than trying to integrate with an FPS. I think they would be better suited to such, and would produce some really great stuff.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2016, 17:17 saluk

The RB4 fiasco was clearly another case of overblown projections. It fell way short but did what should have been solid business.

Sad how often publishers fail to read the market so hard. No numbers are given here, but I suspect GH suffered a similar fate.

News Comments > Hatred Developer's New Greenlight
17. Re: Hatred Developer's New Greenlight Feb 11, 2016, 16:35 saluk

Not controversial enough. Am disappoint.  

News Comments > Amazon Launches Free Game Engine
11. Re: Amazon Launches Free Game Engine Feb 10, 2016, 05:12 saluk

This is very interesting. The engine is really just a way to entice developers onto the networking platform, so it is more competing with photon or other middleware like that. But as far as I can tell, if you write something which is single player or uses your own infrastructure, you are free and clear? Very competitive.

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 17:27:
As one in the FX industry, Amazon is totally ramping up. Movie/TV division, check. Game division, check.

I hear they have a weird town in Seattle that is all Amazon employees. People not working there hate it. Anyone else hear of this?

Creating my reel now.

Yep it is true. About 5 years ago there was a kind of run down area that started getting massively upscaled. Gentrification in action. It is blocks away from the Space Needle but you can no longer see the Space Needle from there. I wouldn't say we hate it but it's definitely caused a noticeable influx of Seattle newbies and its own bit of traffic issues.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 10, 2016, 05:03 saluk

Probably terrible forecasting. It sounds like Rock Band was kind of a hail mary for them, one that didn't make it.  

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
17. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 18:35 saluk

One way to recoup an investment. Rebrand, take out the most annoying part of the original game (excessive clicking), and hack in an opposing force.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2016, 15:14 saluk

Wetworks24 wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 21:20:
I'm enjoying the Witness but so far it feels a little over hyped, it feels more like an 8/10. The main problem is there is no story or plot in the game. This makes it feel like your only goal is to run around and solve maze puzzles for 30 hours.

If it had an actual story or mystery to solve while you were solving maze puzzles it would feel more complete.

The environment is mysterious enough for me. I usually prefer a narrative but I actually don't miss it at all here. I think if this caliber of puzzle game were more common it wouldn't have had as much hype, but there is only like one or two of these every few years - and The Witness is quite a bit better than the last couple that have come out. Talos was fun, but even with a narrative I found the gameplay got tedious about halfway through.

Every day at works since I got it, I look forward to getting home and chewing a little bit more on The Witness.

News Comments > The Witness Motions Sickness Patch
7. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 15:03 saluk

Nice, I don't get it really bad, but I do experience a twinge of motion sickness in this game, which I found odd. Outside of VR I don't ever have motion sickness in fps games.  

News Comments > GOG.com's Games in Development Program
11. Re: GOG.com's Games in Development Program Jan 28, 2016, 16:33 saluk

No comments about how awesome the 2 week refund policy is for these early access games? You get a chance to see whether or not the team is interacting with the community and get some idea of the direction of the project. Don't like what you see? Return it.

It's the best way to do EA I think.

Zomboid and Curious are both really good. The others I dunno. If you are going to curate, I would expect slightly better choices than this.

News Comments > Minecraft: Education Edition Announced
10. Re: Minecraft: Education Edition Announced Jan 19, 2016, 19:15 saluk

Second Life University, Minecraft for Education... there's something there. I don't know that the system is there for it yet, but the classroom/lecture format is less than ideal for many topics, it's worth continuing to try new things in education.

One of my classes at university was a remote class in Second Life. We went in a virtual classroom where the instructor ran a virtual slideshow. We did better things than that... but that portion of the class was hilariously short sighted.

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
52. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 15:55 saluk

I wouldn't do it for EA, but if I could pay the same price and have access to a largish selection of indie titles/early access I would be down. Most of that stuff I am interested in playing but don't really care whether I *own* it or not.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans Jan 7, 2016, 23:35 saluk

Not buying. Square, put some actual effort into your ff ports and I will pay FULL PRICE. If you can't make a better product than the emulators that let people steal your stuff, you aren't trying.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
19. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 7, 2016, 23:06 saluk

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 22:58:
I WANT an arcade-y flight sim like Valkyrie. That's what Freespace 2 was.

You guys are really bitchy about space games you'll never play.

I mean, if there were a campaign like freespace 2 that would be a lot more interesting. As far as I know this is pvp only.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
18. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 7, 2016, 23:02 saluk

I love a game can be "award winning" well before it's finished or released. I'm kind of interested in this. I'm glad it comes with the rift, I don't know that I would have wanted to buy it on its own.  

1096 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo