Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On April 30, 2005
Supporter -
Total Comments 1348 (Pro)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup

4. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup Mar 23, 2020, 21:03 saluk

Retired wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 20:48:
Cool game, wasn't sure what people were talking about "warping" as there is no walking. Watched some Twitch - ugh. Feels like there is a better way to move around - that....is......ugh.....

There is a shooting game like Ghost Recon I had watched people play on Twitch that was a lot smoother and they "walked" around with one of the hand controllers.

Alyx has both options. Some people can't handle smooth movement in vr, and the warping can be a good compromise. You can even set up the controls to allow both - using continuous when you are more comfortable or the action is less intense, and teleport when you can't handle it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Set New Concurrent User Records

12. Re: Steam and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Set New Concurrent User Records Mar 14, 2020, 22:31 saluk

Even if you aren't on lockdown, a lot of tech companies where it is feasible to work from home are encouraging their employees to do so.

Tech employees are likely to want to blow off some steam on... steam...

News Comments > GTA IV Returning to Steam Next Month Without Multiplayer

4. Re: GTA IV Returning to Steam Next Month Without Multiplayer Feb 19, 2020, 17:01 saluk

They couldn't sell the game anymore because they ran out of keys iirc. GFWL first stopped the multiplayer from working, but also was used as part of the activation mechanism when you bought the game. However, until the surplus of keys ran out, it would still activate locally. It's just that they were prevented from creating any new keys for new copies of the game.  

News Comments > DEEEER Simulator Early Access

1. Re: DEEEER Simulator Early Access Jan 21, 2020, 17:55 saluk

I probably will not buy this game but A+ trailer. The animal mech cracks me up I must say.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

13. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 17:38 saluk

HAHAHA

We don't have enough time to finish the game. We have about 10 months of work left. So let's just delay 5 months, burn out our developers, and still end up releasing the game too early.

News Comments > Shenmue III Battle Rally DLC Next Week

2. It's very shenmue Jan 15, 2020, 13:44 saluk

Cram wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 11:51:
Anyone have thoughts on this game yet? I assume it's one of those if you played the first two games you'll probably love it, otherwise if you didn't there's no point?

The things you might have loved or hated in the first two you are likely to love or hate in the new one.

Which to me is exactly what a sequel to an old game that was equally loved and hated should be.

News Comments > New Batman Game Tease?

6. No subject Jan 9, 2020, 15:05 saluk

I loved arkham knight, batmobile and all. May have helped that I played it recently after many patches and only spend 15 bucks on it. Down for more, though I thought knight ended the trilogy perfectly.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

13. No subject Jan 5, 2020, 20:11 saluk

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2020, 16:48:
Evil Timmy wrote on Jan 5, 2020, 16:31:
While they could have handled the time jumps in a much more deft manner, the showrunners have said the main reason for them is that Ciri wouldn't even be in the story until two or three seasons in, if told purely chronologically.

Yeah but I think it's universally agreed it could have been done much better. I remember watching Ep7 and thinking, 'Wth, why am I watching the same thing again? Didn't I already watch this?' took a while to clue in that it was the same time and just Geralt's perspective.

Anyway, I'm replaying the game again atm and still loving it. Hope they get some more monsters into the next season. Mebbe a few other Witchers to spice things up.

The timelines are probably my favorite part of the adaption (I have some issues with other things). I loved all the ways they used the jumps to tie together themes and disconnected events in a way the short stories couldn't.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count

9. Re: The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count Dec 31, 2019, 05:32 saluk

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 20:34:
I actually just started a new playthrough - my second - with the HD graphics mod, and everything running on ultra and it looks effing amazing. Such a goddamned good game! Can't not wait to see what these mofos come up with for Cy2077. Can't wait for more Weecher goodness from them - and you know it's coming.

With the success of the series and the legal issues with the author now settled, they'd be crazy not to go back to this well.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

2. Re: Quake II RTX Specs Dec 16, 2019, 14:50 saluk

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 12:49:
Is this article satire or some clickbait garbage attempt for PR? 1.75 million people watched the LOL world championship and then goes on to say, “League of Legends is a huge global event, it’s already got numbers right below the Super Bowl, it’s already coming and it grows every year.” Last year the Superbowl had about 160 million people globally tune in. So...wtf?

I'm not sure what numbers to trust. I am seeing 99.6 million or one of the league of legends viewer worlds event, which does put it in the "right below" range that Fox in the article was talking about. It looks like the 1.6m mentioned in the article is only the peak concurrent viewers, where many more viewers tune in over the course of the event.

business insider

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2019, 12:58 saluk

"Disney Says ‘Rise Of Skywalker’ May Pose Seizure Risk"

If you are putting out a movie most people will see, maybe don't include stupid flashy lights that pose a seizure risk? I don't have a risk of seizures, but the flashing lights in Incredibles 2 still hurt and made me hate that movie.

News Comments > Shenmue III Released

3. Re: Shenmue III Released Nov 19, 2019, 12:36 saluk

Cram wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 12:14:
4+ years since its announcement, kick-starter and some drama along the way. I wonder how this one will do, will it recoup its development cost and make a profit?

"One of the most anticipated video games in history"

Is it?

I mean, the actual shenmue 3 that came out today maybe not. But shenmue 2 ended on a huge cliffhanger and its fans have been waiting for a conclusion since 2001.

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

39. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 16:22 saluk

phinn wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 16:13:
Really don't understand why everyone throws a fit anytime something new comes out. Steam was and still is in need of a modern UI. This is a nice step forward, no complaints.

Modern UI design is terrible. It intentionally sacrifices usability, efficiency, and discoverability to optimize for engagement. A decade of making computing technology worse so that consumers look at the screen longer and click on more ads.

This specific upgrade... isn't that bad. It may be a lot slower than the old one - but has some useful features for organizing things. Still... I'll use it about the same amount as the old one. Which is almost never. I typically play with a steam controller and launch games via big picture on my 4k tv. The only time I use the normal steam interface is when (insert feature here that doesn't work correctly on big picture).

Hey valve: can you spend like a month fixing some of these years-long issues with big picture mode plzkthxbai. (Videos randomly not playing, sale notifications not having a list of the games that are part of the sale, scaling not working right on the "about this game" pop-up, the friends list scaling being completely broken since the messaging was updated...)

News Comments > Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD Announced

3. Re: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD Announced Oct 16, 2019, 16:55 saluk

I was just reminiscing about this game not too long ago. Though I would have preferred a sequel to a remake.  

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

50. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 19:29 saluk

Kxmode wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 16:51:
Rilcon wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 15:34:
A high percentage want nothing to do with EGS and would have bought BL3 on Steam
Got a source on that, mate?

Here are the facts.

EGS = 90-100 million total registered accounts
Steam = 90-100 million ACTIVE monthly accounts (one billion total registered accounts). It's important to note the distinction between total registered and active monthly. They are not the same.

Based on that, probability math can help establish reasonably accurate conclusions.

If an equal percentage of Steam and EGS consumers remained excited about BL3 before release (which is plausible given both games released on Steam and grew its fanbase there), then the numbers are higher for Steam than EGS given its user base. In other words, that many could buy but chose not to because as noted in my previous comment, 1. No other choice but EGS and 2. won't buy games from EGS. Despite the "success" Take 2 is touting, the fact remains the lack of Steam sales crippled that success.

It's not complicated.

Here are the facts:

People who don't buy the game ever because of the exclusive deal is very low. The main group of BL3 fans they market to don't care enough to not buy it, giving more money per sale to the publisher. Most of those who wouldn't pick it up now will pick it up later on steam. Publisher makes less money there, but the biggest value of having a game on steam is actually the long tale so the initial sales don't matter as much over time.

For a very minimal loss on # of sold copies, the publisher makes a significantly higher income from putting the sales on the exclusive store that gives a higher cut.

If those sales had been through steam, the publisher would lose money overall. They might sell more now, but will ultimately make more money over time through the deal.

Because of the Epic $$$ advance that is given up front as part of the deal, that offsets the initial loss of sales.

Devs and publishers don't hate steam. They take the deal because it's a good deal (even if its bad for consumers).

News Comments > New Steam Library Beta This Month

2. Re: New Steam Library Beta This Month Sep 4, 2019, 19:54 saluk

Is the update going to fix broke AF big picture? I'm betting no.  

News Comments > Control Reviews

11. Re: Control Reviews Aug 26, 2019, 15:57 saluk

I buy from everywhere. If the worst happens I'll only be out 1/3rd ish of my library.  

News Comments > SYBERIA: THE WORLD BEFORE Announced

9. Re: SYBERIA: THE WORLD BEFORE Announced Aug 19, 2019, 19:34 saluk

Hope it is better than 3. Not that I played 3. I really should play 3 and form my own opinion.  

News Comments > New Metro Game in the Works

12. Re: New Metro Game in the Works Aug 15, 2019, 18:20 saluk

Metro Exodus is a good game. Best of the series for me.

I love how anything EGS related has us talking about stores and business decisions rather than games.

Not.

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: etc. Aug 12, 2019, 18:51 saluk

I was one of the few on board with stadia. I'm OK not owning a game - I tend to play them once, or spend 10 or so hours on a big 60 hour open world game, and put it on the shelf for the next couple years feeling guilty about not getting my money's worth out of it. I have 1000s of unplayed games. A good streaming service that caters to my adhd letting me sample all of the games I want as my attention wavers would be killer.

And latency isn't a huge issue for most of the games I play as well.

Then they announced pricing. You are buying the games but not owning them. One free game a month... just like Epic gives me now, or pay 10$ a month on steam to find something good on sale for a nearly equivalent value. Well, less in that you can't download the games and play them offline/mod them etc. So it solves none of my problems with the current gaming markets.

Origin access just gets you discounts.

Uplay+ is the closest to what I would want but the library isn't quite there. I buy one or two ubisoft games a year. Let's call that 120$ (I usually buy them on sale but just for comparison). That's 10$ a year which is cheaper than the uplay+ subscription.

Nope. I don't think the economics here are going to make sense anytime soon for a large amount of disruption.

1348 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >