Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 1257 (Pro)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll
18. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 13:47 saluk

Get out of the way.

- Boot faster
- Have less viruses
- Have updates not need to restart the pc
- Have updates be actually beta tested
- Have updates not interrupt the game
- Be stable
- Stop collecting data

Like, focus on the fundamentals. I've had more issues this year that were strictly windows 10 related than in the past several.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New HTC Vive Hardware and Viveport Subscription Announcements
2. Re: New HTC Vive Hardware and Viveport Subscription Announcements Jan 7, 2019, 21:42 saluk

Moving 1 cm forward, hooray! I still like my vive for those situational games, beat saber or gorn etc, or messing around in google earth every once in a while. But it sucks that the resolution is still so low, and newer technology hasn't made much headway on this major technical flaw.  

News Comments > 2018 Steam Charts
4. Re: 2018 Steam Charts Dec 28, 2018, 14:56 saluk

Numinar wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 02:11:
No Into the Breach? Subnautica? Battletech? Far Cry V did not earn that spot. Civ VI is coasting a bit.

PUBG is an amazing hot mess. I'd play it 10 hours a week minimum if they'd actually match me to an appropriate server...

Earn the spot? You earn the spot by making a mass market game using either a big budget for both development and marketing, or having viral appeal. None of the titles you mention would have a chance, and Far Cry 5 definitely earned it's spot through the former.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
10. Re: Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Dec 28, 2018, 14:53 saluk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 08:23:
but the problem could eventually be solved through federated or decentralized software update tools

Wait wait wait, do I understand that right that they are planning an updater and launcher for the updaters and launchers?

I'm extrapolating here, but if I understand him right, it sounds like he's talking about some system like blockchain that lets you use whatever downloader you want, and it will be able to validate whether or not you really own the software you are downloading no matter where it came from. So you buy from the steam store, or the epic store, or the gog store, but are able to use a single launcher to download and verify the software.

Seems outlandish and unnecessary.

News Comments > Battle Royale Tycoon Released
4. Re: Battle Royale Tycoon Released Dec 11, 2018, 15:16 saluk

This is dumb and I like it, though from the looks of their catalog they seem to just be quickly reskinning the same game over and over. I mean, if you have a niche that works...  

News Comments > At the Gates at the Gates
5. Re: At the Gates at the Gates Dec 11, 2018, 14:34 saluk

Independent developer wants game to be perfect. Perfect games take a lot longer to develop than imperfect ones. And usually end up not being perfect to boot

Don't give money to developers to make their dream game. (If I ever ask though, it's OK to give ME money to develop my dream game.)

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced
8. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced Dec 11, 2018, 03:06 saluk

This is so stupid in the best possible way.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
49. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 11, 2018, 02:35 saluk

The best way for devs to say "hey valve, you used to be a good deal and provide a lot of value for your 30%, but you've failed to grow along with your library and it's not worth it anymore" is to stop selling there. It will probably hurt them more than it hurts valve, but it's the only fucking way to send a signal.

If you are a dev and struggling to pay your employees (as most of these devs most likely are - watch the broken age doc), then any exclusivity contract is a freaking godsend as well.

All of you should be complainging to valve for being anti-competitive rather than epic. Epic having a play here is valve's fault.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M
25. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M Dec 3, 2018, 14:15 saluk

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 22:50:
An interesting point, it is probably something we will never really know for sure. Is Roberts believing his own hype?

When you are making money you always believe your own hype. It's human nature.

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
26. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 16:51 saluk

2080 ti is the "real" card, as I expected. It's mainly for devs, and the huge price is probably some combination of gouging, making the cards attractive to prosumer in being discount titan, and wrapping in the massive R+D costs for this line (I feel like this has been severely understated).

2080 is enough of a step up from the last gen to justify existing, but not really at that price. I think it may be an attractive upgrade for someone who didn't get on the 10xx line, but it is unreasonable. Conspiracy says they want to keep selling 1080s and 1080tis until the stock is gone. Sounds plausible to me.

2070, uh... yeah this seems like a joke. I was pretty surprised when they announced it though.

I'm buying a 2080ti, because I want to have a great 4k card, I'm still on a 980 so I'm not looking at the medium upgrade from the 1080ti, and I want to experiment with raytracing. (The stuff that is going to release for it, and coding). But I was on the fence about it, and I would never consider the other two options.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2018, 05:16 saluk

Man yells at cloud.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 28, 2018, 14:41 saluk

Graphics drivers should not be updated to fix games. Because we are in a world where graphics drivers are updated to fix games, games that aren't regression tested against new driver updates are always in danger of having their workarounds broken.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2018, 14:30 saluk

Oh this will be fine. Microsoft never got in trouble for these kind of practices before...

(Ok, so it's kind of dumb that it's "antitrust" for an OS maker to advertise and integrate their own other software.)

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer
2. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailer Sep 4, 2018, 20:55 saluk

So this is like a city builder/rpg hybrid of some sort? I saw this at PAX but could not make heads or tails of it, and still can't. I wish there was a more clear description of how the game actually works.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
26. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 28, 2018, 14:35 saluk

Overon wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 19:01:
Be skeptical. Took them months to create this demo making it all perfect and it's too heavily scripted to be representative of the final game.

It features edgy saucy language that only a teen would love. It feels forced like "I'm cleaner than a cunt in a convent"

It's got some very lame cover mechanic shooter tropes like desks and cars providing ballistic cover.

It just seems like a much prettier Deus Ex. Be skeptical.

Agreed on the "edgy"-ness of it. Reminds me a little of the first witcher with the collectible babe cards.

I don't understand why I should dampen my hype for a much prettier Deus Ex. That's like... all I have ever wanted out of gaming?

I do wonder about whether the final product can deliver. This is obviously a canned demo for the press (a good one at that), with all that entails, which is fine for what it is. Just doesn't give us a whole lot to go on really in the end, because we can only speculate.

All in all, pretty entertaining. I'm glad they released the footage. I've now watched more footage of Cyberpunk than any other game that was shown at E3, even ones that had more substantial gameplay footage.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 14:27 saluk

Step 1: do or say something that the media will criticize you for to gain notoriety
Step 2: complain about biased reporting
Step 3: use claims of bias to eliminate those who report against you

News Comments > Shenmue I & II Released
3. Re: Shenmue I & II Released Aug 21, 2018, 23:41 saluk

With Shenmue, AAA gaming arrived. I'm not sure whether we should respect or fear it.  

News Comments > The Settlers Reboot Announced
2. Re: The Settlers Reboot Announced Aug 21, 2018, 23:35 saluk

This again? I won't hold my breath.  

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
43. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 13:56 saluk

Is there a scenario where both sides can lose the lawsuit? Ah, one can dream.  

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
7. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 13, 2018, 13:46 saluk

Game is hard and I suck at it. It must be a bad game.

Though I think that you should be able to refund after 4 or 5 hours for a game like this that takes time to get your bearings.

1257 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo