Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2140 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
35. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 18:35 Alamar

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:46:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:37:
Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:09:
Wow, that's proof, you found some people in Target bitching about EA. I guess you have a salient point. Rolleyes
Sigh. Slick, this one little quote kind of sums up your presence on Blues. My comment about the two folks at Target was a segue....hopefully to a more positive point that the video game industry is becoming a permeating aspect of our culture.

I do thank you for this, though. I hadn't set Blues to 'remember me' on my new Surface. Seeing you take it to the next (wait for it) 'emotional' level, I'll be happy to have you back on ye olde ignore list. Seriously though....for your own health...look into meditation or therapy or something. You take the volume to 11 over the silliest topics... That's gonna burn you out or leave you very lonely later in life.

Mad? check.

Completely disregarding the fact-based evidence I've presented in my argument in favor of personally attacking me? Check.

Emotional response? absolutely.

Mad? check.

Completely missing the point of this comment, again? Check.

Emotional response? absolutely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
12. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:57 Alamar

$5 a month seems like a reasonable price for the list of games available... $30 a year is half that (monthly), so even better... Except I already have access to all the Origin games I'm interested in (with a few minor exceptions)... If I had a week to 'power through' a few things, I'd consider the trial, but subscriptions make me feel like I have to get my money's worth, so I tend to stay away.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Released
1. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Released Feb 14, 2017, 09:46 Alamar

I wonder if they'll promote this by way of a free copy of Sniper 3, like they did with 2... After I bought it...  

News Comments > For Honor Trailer
10. Re: For Honor Trailer Feb 7, 2017, 21:27 Alamar

Wow... That trailer totally unsold me... What a boring launch trailer...  

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
22. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 7, 2017, 09:56 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 09:53:
HoSpanky wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 08:31:
I haven't paid for my subscription since they introduced the tokens. I do ONE thing that's "out of my way" to generate gold, which is farm the resources to make a highly valued mount in the game. It takes a couple minutes per day (since only one of each resources is "allowed" to be made a day), although the initial setup for it is fairly long. The mount itself pays for a month's token, plus a couple grand.

The mount will be even more valuable once flying is reintroduced, but I expect others will realize that as well and I'll have more competition on the auction house.
Just curious, which mount?

I'm guessing Sky Golem... Let's you herb without being dismounted. Takes 30 days to make... I sold two for ~90k, then ~80k... Too many people caught on and drove the price down...

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
21. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 09:56 Alamar

ViRGE wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 04:39:
The point of my argument isn't that Blizzard doesn't make money, only that what's occurring doesn't fit the usual description of a cash shop. Nothing gets generated out of thin air, and Blizzard doesn't get money for "free."

That's not entirely true... Blizzard is getting money for 'free' every time someone buys a token, because subs are $15, and tokens are $20 ; )

Which was a genius move on their part, and as you can see with yesterday's change, the b-net balance is also increasing $15 instead of $20.

Given that the demand for tokens has just jumped a crap ton (US/EU servers both ran out of tokens mid day yesterday), I hope they're going to 'artificially' deflate the gold cost, since this entire page of comments has shown that gold vs token (before yesterday) was balanced by gold (within some deviation) moving from one player to another, but with the new system, there isn't enough people buying gold for it to 'balance'...

I'm biased, because I use tokens for subs, and going from the already too high 60k yesterday to 110k today is shit ; )

News Comments > For Honor Season Pass and Free DLC Revealed
2. Re: For Honor Season Pass and Free DLC Revealed Feb 2, 2017, 22:35 Alamar

More curious what the SP has to offer, but they're smart with not locking maps behind paywalls...  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
16. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 17:23 Alamar

Prez wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:26:
As long as Blizzard keeps making good games, I don't really care what they do. Just tighten up the story-writing - it's gotten noticeably worse as of late. Diablo 3s story was 'meh' and StarCraft 2's was pants. Particularly the last chapter. But those cutscenes though - WOW!

What's worse? 'meh' or pants?

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access
7. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 11:50 Alamar

I haven't jumped on the survival bandwagon at all, but this doesn't look to me like the others... In other words, I'm interested... Need to check out some gameplay stuff in the near future ; )  

News Comments > Prey in May
6. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 00:03 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 23:17:
This actually looks really good, I'm down for at least a sale price buy.

Am I the only one that didn't like the original Prey game that much? It irks me slightly that they are using the same title, but Human Head studios is still around, doing other things, and they never owned the IP anyway. Plus it's been like 11 years.

The main thing I didn't like about Prey, is that it did much cooler Portal shit than Portal, but Portal got all the fame...

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:03:
This looks pretty cool.

Using the Prey name makes no sense at all.

Well, it's a sequel of sorts, in the same 'universe'... It's just a very different project (and non-tribal focus) than the previous...

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
8. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 25, 2017, 23:59 Alamar

Nine hundred thousand smackeroonies eh... Yeah..... No.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March
14. Re: Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March Jan 23, 2017, 17:04 Alamar

I've made this point a number of times, and basically, new players to Souls games need to realize that they're not Action RPGs... They're stamina management simulators...

If you whack away your stamina with too many attacks (which with a big weapon might be two), and don't leave enough to maneuver (which also takes stamina), many things will kill you and you'll wonder why this isn't working like all the the other Action RPGs.

Once you understand that, you can start to learn and enjoy the experience... And then you'll wander into the catacombs way the fuck too early and you're fucked ; )

News Comments > Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March
2. Re: Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March Jan 23, 2017, 10:45 Alamar

Wonder if this one will have any content... So happy I didn't prematurely pick up the Season Pass...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2017, 22:00 Alamar

Dev wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 16:24:
Don't forget XCOM2 for lowest sale it's ever been, $12.
It's the bonus for subscribing to humble monthly. Subscribe and then set a reminder to cancel in second week of Feb.

As it's the early game, can't you just sub for the month, the cancel immediately, getting XCom2 now, the other ~5 in a few weeks and no threat of extra payment?

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
2. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 23, 2016, 14:02 Alamar

This 'trailer' didn't do much for me, but it linked to a gameplay one at the end... Looks interesting... Going on the watch list now ; )  

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
15. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 21, 2016, 15:47 Alamar

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 14:58:
never got into descent... seemed like a game trying to make the most of its technical limitations (underground tunnels, no physics) but IMO it was not a fun result

always preferred Magic Carpet ... now that would be a good reboot

Magic Carpets were great games... There have been a few hobby developed attempts over the years, including my own, but they die off before getting anywhere near completion, including my own heh.

I would love to see a 'real' company take that style and do something with it.. With the crap ton of voxel/terrain-deformation going on these days, I'm not sure why it hasn't happened... MC had it's drawbacks of course (repetition of all Bullfrog games really), but it could be fun ; )

News Comments > Shenmue III Preorders
3. Re: Shenmue III Preorders Dec 15, 2016, 15:38 Alamar

egg_mcmuffin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 11:09:
I still have my original dreamcast game, lots of memories with that game, I remember really liking driving the fork lift lol..

For some reason I couldn't seem to get into 2 but maybe I need to revisit.

I still have my original disc too... But I didn't end up liking it, at all, so I've played it about an hour...

News Comments > The Surge Gameplay Video
1. Re: The Surge Gameplay Video Dec 14, 2016, 11:15 Alamar

Sci-fi Dark Souls? Yes please... Not a fan of the glitching screen effects though...

Noticed the 'souls' multiplier in the bottom right, and I'm wondering if it's made by Lords of the Fallen people.

Edit: Yep... Deck 13... I had no issues with Lords of the Fallen, and thought it was a great take on the Souls style gameplay.

Edit x2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLzQNCgQ0GV7ar47tm5CWLFatSbqwgTIXx&v=TGK4KITyluY for some detailed goodness... I am now hyped... : )

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2016, 11:23.

News Comments > Path of Exile Breach Launches
7. Re: Path of Exile Breach Launches Dec 3, 2016, 18:10 Alamar

Hmmm... Telling myself to stick with the BF guy for a bit... So I head to Lab... Belly of the Beast drops, which the 36% Inc Life would be great for my RF/Ray build heh...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Breach Launches
6. Re: Path of Exile Breach Launches Dec 3, 2016, 17:39 Alamar

Brumbek wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 13:16:
Wallshadows wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 23:42:
Got to 49 with my Blade Flurry Assassin.
We're all Blade Flurry Assassins!! I'm only level 30, but I plan to at least try for 24 challenges this league. Also, I was so excited to log in right away and get the nice simple name "Flurio". I've been going around to town folk and saying in Antonio Banderas' voice, "I am Flurio, much blade, so flurry." It really adds to the immersion.

56 here... Ya, some of the Breaches are so satisfying... Others are quite the quick death heh... Found one of the bosses so far, and he killed me 3 times (it was close to the entrance) before I found out he can't even be killed... But at least I got the 'Achievement' credit for it I guess.

I'm actually really underwhelmed by BF... I played some Scorching Ray before the buff and found it great... Though, being the first char in the League, all my gear has been mostly crap, and my resists need some love. BF has it's moments of course, but it hits fairly softly so far... Will see what the next set of Ascendancy points do for me.

2140 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo