Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2198 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today
7. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today Aug 25, 2017, 12:42 Alamar

The hype is real... The two month long wait is also, unfortunately, real ; )  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Deadlight: Director's Cut
10. Re: Free Deadlight: Director's Cut Aug 16, 2017, 20:17 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 14:30:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 14:25:
Oh, well.
I heard it was short.

I am pretty sure I beat it, and Steam says I played 3h...

News Comments > Decoherence Revealed
2. Re: Decoherence Revealed Aug 16, 2017, 14:21 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 13:59:
What an awful, horrible, terrible, atrocious, despicable, shameful trailer...

What I learned from this trailer is that companies will slap together teasers which literally tell you absolutely nothing except for your typical green hair looking alt-left extreme feminist type.

While I also don't like the minimalist (regarding info/reveal) nature of teaser trailers, I find your comment awful, horrible, terrible, atrocious, despicable and shameful ; )

News Comments > Free Deadlight: Director's Cut
1. Re: Free Deadlight: Director's Cut Aug 16, 2017, 10:04 Alamar

Very short game, but I enjoyed it... Well worth grabbing for this price : )  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
6. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 15, 2017, 22:04 Alamar

Played the PS4 Beta, and looking forward to trying out the Strike this time... Don't much care for the DLC model of the first (and likely no changes for this one), but enjoyed what I had access to... And surprising to me, didn't mind the controller based FPS after a bit of acclimation.  

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
5. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 20:30 Alamar

Threw it on my wishlist for a maybe, eventual, purchase... And installing Saint's Row 2 to see what I think about that : )  

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
13. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 14:35 Alamar

Don't call it a comeback...  

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
14. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 13, 2017, 08:15 Alamar

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 21:15:
"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."

-Mark Twain

And this is how button mashing kids beat me in the arcade at Street Fighter II : )

News Comments > Destiny 2 Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Destiny 2 Multiplayer Trailer Aug 8, 2017, 23:27 Alamar

Don't care about MP, but eagerly looking forward to my week off in October ; )  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month
6. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month Aug 1, 2017, 21:29 Alamar

Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

I kid... Nothing will make this game fun...

I kid again... But really, it just wasn't for us ; )

Nice to see it's still alive though... I'm sure many thousands had (and/or do have) a lot of fun : )

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
27. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 10:25 Alamar

Fletch wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 05:35:
It’s all part of a “multi-pronged strategy,” according to director of Xbox marketing Kevin Unangst, to make their Windows 10/Xbox environment the best place to play games on PC.

Director of Xbox marketing... ok. The PC is already the best platform to play games. This sounds more like making the PC (well, Windows 10) a more Xbox-compatible platform for game development, and trying to assuage PC gamers by, yet again, dangling graphics features that do nothing to address the gameplay that makes console gaming so shit (and... it's the gameplay, stupid). Graphics are the first, and usually only, aspect that multi-platform developers champion to camouflage the fact that their console port is an inferior PC game. It's amazing to me, and frustrating, how many PC gamers will fawn over support for higher resolutions that take advantage of their $500 video card, but are just fine with the radial U/I, heavily-nested menus, do-everything "action" buttons, over-the-shoulder or third-person perspective, hide-n-heal, limited keyboard and/or mouse configurability, limited multiplayer compatibility, QTEs, endless, lengthy cutscenes, limited save system, and the convenient existence every ten feet of impenetrable, belly-high barricades, trashcans, crates, planters, abandoned cars, desks, and railings to which humans can attach like refrigerator magnets.

Pretty sure most of those aspects of 'consolitis' were first seen in PC games... ; )

News Comments > Fortnite Head Start Early Access Underway
9. Re: Fortnite Head Start Early Access Underway Jul 22, 2017, 10:52 Alamar

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 02:40:
Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 02:14:
And they want $60+ bucks to start for this? Fucking lol! There are already several dozen survival games that look miles better than this and are already 20 bux +/-. Yeah, I'd have zero interest in this even if it were free - which will probably happen in real short order.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/pre-order/standard

$20 is the standard pack.....

As for Free, they will launch as a free to play game next year...everything now is just a paid-in head-start.

That link shows me a $40 standard pack...

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
16. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 18:08 Alamar

Simon Says wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 14:28:
I can't believe the people here defending avoidable, and mostly useless ( keyword: mostly, they have the fat profit margins to do it after all ), artificial planned obsolescence...

I'd like to understand how you think it should work...

Are you saying that MS, or any other company, should just keep spending a LOT of money updating XP/Vista, and not charge for new features/functionality?

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2017, 10:57 Alamar

LiTh wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 09:55:
Hell just the minimap alone is 3.0 moniker worthy

And holy hell, what a difference... I'm a big fan of QoL features, and their current mapping is so shitty (and lazy).

Eagerly looking to playing through the new content... Grabbed the beta, but didn't end up playing more than 10m... Really curious how everything fits together now (Labs vs Map start vs other progression stuff). Not aware of any new builds, but the DoT changes might be interesting for some of the current favs... Maybe I'll try an RF build again, as I found that pretty fun just walking through stuff to kill it ; )

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
3. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 10:52 Alamar

And about damn time... It's unfortunate for some people, but progress is better ; )  

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M
1. Re: Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M Jul 18, 2017, 10:22 Alamar

Gratzies to them... I haven't picked this up yet, as I'm not sure I'll like it enough to warrant the $15, plus all the DLC (total) costing more than base turns me away...  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 This Month
4. Re: Diablo III Season 11 This Month Jul 6, 2017, 11:09 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 10:47:
There's nothing wrong with Diablo 3 in the short term, it's after you put in a hundred hours or so you see how truly shallow it is. Arguably at that point you've gotten your money's worth, I know, but old school Diablo fans were expecting more depth and longevity, or at least modding would have been nice to fix Blizzard's design decisions.

It's a shame, the engine is beautiful, and the art/sound people put in a ton of great work. The game could still be salvaged with an overall number crunch; get rid of the billions of damage, and make non-set builds viable. Then there truly would be some variety.

As it is now, D3 is basically ARPG-lite.

If it takes people hundreds (or even just dozens) of hours to get sick of this game, I think Blizzard did the franchise justice...

You make some good points though... I like leveling a character and learning all the skills, and finding what combination works for me... But then at 70, I can't play that build (competitively) because it's not supported by one of the required class sets... There is some leeway in this (the non set set), but then you need a full load of ancients, which I really don't want to be grinding for.

As for this season... I'm looking forward to it, for the free set... I want to get it on the Necro, but I'm not sure I like this seasons Necro set, but I probably will because I didn't do much with that set of skills leveling, and the summoned/raised Mage is pretty badass : )

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
7. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jun 30, 2017, 11:38 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 11:27:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 11:03:
Blizzard seems even more greedy than usual lately, and way less creative than the old days. Clearly that is subjective, but I think I'm going to stick to new games and skip the remasters for awhile.

Someone on here is going to be triggered by this for sure.

But I agree with you... yet I can't help but think is that because we're getting older and more bitter? Or is it because it's the truth and we have the wisdom to see it with clairvoyance?

I can't tell anymore...

I'm sure our definitions of greedy differ, but maybe it's more that you were disillusioned in your youth, and some of us weren't, and always knew Blizzard was a greedy company ; )

Which in the end doesn't matter, because they make some good shit.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Video
5. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Video Jun 23, 2017, 09:28 Alamar

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 20:48:
Seeing how the main character is a retarded monkey I am glad that Ubi know who their target audience is (buyers of Ubi clone garbage like AC, FC and WD).

I literally watched 20s of the video, and it was the part that said, 'of course, you can make your own character'...

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
20. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 13:35 Alamar

This is a crazy thought, I know... But I'm gonna see how the game feels before I bitch about a lacking 'feature'...  

2198 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo