Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2080 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
11. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 10:39 Alamar

But I just got my 980 Ti a few months ago... Which currently runs everything near max at 4k@60...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls III Hack Warning
6. Re: Dark Souls III Hack Warning May 3, 2016, 15:42 Alamar

Dagnamit wrote on May 3, 2016, 10:27:
somewhat off-topic, but I have recently gotten into the first Dark Souls game after a great deal of trouble with it for YEARS. I get it. It's probably a top 10 game all-time. Utterly brilliant.

I was absolutely dreading the first time I would get invaded by another player because forced PVP ain't really my bag, but HOLY SHIT did I crush that MF'er. He was NOT expecting a 2-handed Zwei +5 to rain blows upon him again and again. I cackled so loud I woke up my son from across the house.

I'm of the same mind as you... Invaders are a nuisance.. But holy crap, this last play through (of DS 3), I was invaded twice in one zone... The first, I plunged onto and chop chop with my bigass Yhorm's Machete, and he's gone... The other one, I had to work on.. Was a long fight, with them quaffing a lot of Estus, but finally they died... Then I realized I still had all mine, so I chain quaffed a bunch standing over their corpse as they were whisked away... Sooooo satisfying : )

Edit: Meant to say, I'm surprised they put in anti-cheat functionality that penalized big Souls increases, since previous DS games have also had hackers giving away crazy amounts of Souls to random people... At that point, it was just an annoyance, because you could just spend the souls you already had, and die away the rest... In the end, it's just bad foresight/planning... But they have to get some things wrong... The game is so great otherwise : )

This comment was edited on May 3, 2016, 16:10.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Trial by Fire Announced
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Trial by Fire Announced Apr 27, 2016, 10:03 Alamar

Man, I still hate that they changed the name... Every time I see one of these, I'm like, sweet, another M&M... : (

In this case specifically, it was 'Sweet, another M&M... Wait, was VII the Breath of Heaven or something... Heroes... Shit...'

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
16. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 23, 2016, 00:59 Alamar

Best news is the original Scooter voice is back ; )  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
10. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 14, 2016, 22:46 Alamar

Placid wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 21:14:
I like this game. I find it fun
I tend to judge based more on if I find myself laughing after playing a game for several minutes or not.

You're going to have to stop actually playing the games and start posting stronger 'opinions' if you want to stick around Blues ; )

News Comments > Dark Souls III Crash Workaround
11. Re: Dark Souls III Crash Workaround Apr 13, 2016, 19:07 Alamar

Man, I am loving this game...

I also started as thief, so Bandit's Knife... Which was a pain on the first boss with my puny non-upgraded hits.. Took a few tries, then one shot the next two, had trouble with a few others... Basically, it's a Souls game ; )

Also running amazing out of the gate... My recently purchases system (with 980 Ti) runs it at 60, with everything set to max, then a few things set lower (like shadows... Still on, because that looks good, but Low vs High doesn't change anything, especially with movement)... Oh, my bad... Meant that at 4k resolution... I'm sure it runs all max at 1080p for 980 or Ti.

And yes, it does 'feel' more like DS1, but that's mostly because of all the returning stuff... It's a good meshing of DS1/2 and BB... : )

News Comments > Hand of Fate 2 Announced
4. Re: Hand of Fate 2 Announced Apr 6, 2016, 19:09 Alamar

This is yet another game (the first) I never finished, and may one day get back to... But I thought it was a great idea, and well-made ; )  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
4. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 15:58 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 15:25:
Come on Blizzard, you finally had something good with D3 and you're ditching it(stopping developing real new content)? You better be working on D4 or something.

What is it you consider 'new content' if it's not the new zones, creatures, items, that come with the seasons?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
2. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 11:09 Alamar

Two weeks to wrap up my S5 challenges... But all I'm playing is PoE these days... So meh... And Dark Souls III out on the 11th... Doesn't look good for D3 and me : )  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2016, 00:36 Alamar

Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 20:52:
People would be better off pre-ordering No Man's Sky. At least they'll get a real game this June.

I'm interested in No Man's Sky, but I'm waiting to see if it has any game before jumping on board...

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed
8. Re: Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed Feb 18, 2016, 14:15 Alamar

Those are some big names... Wonder if they'll have any budget left over afterwards...  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Intro Cinematic
3. Re: Dark Souls III Intro Cinematic Feb 8, 2016, 21:56 Alamar

Love Souls games, but the 'stories' are so meh...

I agree that BB should be on PC, what makes it better? Combat/dodge speed, setting, too much healing, lack of spells, weapons, replayability? : )

News Comments > Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free
5. Re: Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free Feb 4, 2016, 10:45 Alamar

On the plus side, I'm no longer conflicted... They're just dicks...  

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
9. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 12:48 Alamar

I'm pretty conflicted... I enjoyed Godus... Thought it was a neat engine and style and what not... The fact that all Godus owners (on Steam) had Godus Wars added to their list is what makes me conflicted... Without that, there's no conflict... They'd just be pure shit ; )

I have no expectations for this title though, so if it ever makes it far enough that I want to try it, I like that it's more like populace, and playing Godus, I wanted to spend less time terraforming, and more time fighting...

News Comments > Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month
9. Re: Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 15:20 Alamar

Ash wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:20:
thestryker wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 13:35:
But will this update actually fix the worst combat in the history of ARPGs? For a game with as many great features and game mechanics as PoE has I've never been able to get far due to how bad the combat is.

Diablo 3 for as awful as their overall mechanics are has great feel to the combat and moving through the world.

Torchlight 2 was honestly my favorite of recent ARPGs, but friends and I had notorious problems zoning through portals in mp so we eventually gave up on that.

I have been playing Grim Dawn since it hit "content complete" and I have to say overall ideas wise this is by far the best. It has a lot of the same things going for it that Titan Quest had (obviously) but they've taken certain world interactions to a new level. There are a lot of random NPC encounters which you have control over the futures of. Several instances of things along the lines of "clear those fields so we can farm" and said fields stay clear and the farming starts. Combat wise it's just a deeper Titan Quest system and doesn't seem to have overpowered random affixes.

Back on topic to PoE though... it really does make me sad that the combat is so complete shit that for me it makes the game unplayable. I'd rather go play Diablo 2 because it still feels better, and for some reason this is something they never seem to improve. Perhaps that's because a lot of fans just accept it, but each of these expansions seem to have just put in more content without even a nod to how trash the combat is.

Let me guess, you've never played past Normal difficulty, right?

I'm trying to figure out what your point is... Other than disregarding a widely held opinion...

Yes, the increased attack speed helps make the shitty feel less shitty, but it doesn't get rid of the problem...

News Comments > Pixel Privateers Announced
1. Re: Pixel Privateers Announced Jan 27, 2016, 10:25 Alamar

Well that looked significantly better than I expected... Both graphically and gameplay'ly...  

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
18. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 22:25 Alamar

chickenboo wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 22:13:
I for one won't be subscribing to this, and I hope it doesn't pave the way for publishers pulling their titles from other storefronts (eg Steam) and cordoning-off their games into their own subscription services. Imagine that Blizzard, EA, Microsoft, UbiSoft, Sony, only providing access to their games exclusively through their own storefronts or via subscription services.

Maybe you're including brick stores, but where else can you get Blizzard games?

I'm all for everything being on steam, but this seems like a great deal if you don't need to take months to call a game done. Also, being EA, and their shutting down of servers too quickly, maybe this will help. I've played nearly everything in the current list, and don't care for BF, so I'll wait on it. Would like to see other pubs start this though.

News Comments > ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed
3. Re: ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed Jan 4, 2016, 21:37 Alamar

Would like to see some gameplay, but I liked the implications in the video...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2015, 14:32 Alamar

Think I'm gonna take a break from buying a TV this Boxing Day Sale Season... Previous two years in a row was enough for now ; )

Was hoping for some better sales on other stuff, but alas, another letdown...

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 21, 2015, 00:01 Alamar

What a weird looking game... I bet it'll do great : )  

2080 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo