Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
9. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 12:48 Alamar

I'm pretty conflicted... I enjoyed Godus... Thought it was a neat engine and style and what not... The fact that all Godus owners (on Steam) had Godus Wars added to their list is what makes me conflicted... Without that, there's no conflict... They'd just be pure shit ; )

I have no expectations for this title though, so if it ever makes it far enough that I want to try it, I like that it's more like populace, and playing Godus, I wanted to spend less time terraforming, and more time fighting...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month
9. Re: Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 15:20 Alamar

Ash wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:20:
thestryker wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 13:35:
But will this update actually fix the worst combat in the history of ARPGs? For a game with as many great features and game mechanics as PoE has I've never been able to get far due to how bad the combat is.

Diablo 3 for as awful as their overall mechanics are has great feel to the combat and moving through the world.

Torchlight 2 was honestly my favorite of recent ARPGs, but friends and I had notorious problems zoning through portals in mp so we eventually gave up on that.

I have been playing Grim Dawn since it hit "content complete" and I have to say overall ideas wise this is by far the best. It has a lot of the same things going for it that Titan Quest had (obviously) but they've taken certain world interactions to a new level. There are a lot of random NPC encounters which you have control over the futures of. Several instances of things along the lines of "clear those fields so we can farm" and said fields stay clear and the farming starts. Combat wise it's just a deeper Titan Quest system and doesn't seem to have overpowered random affixes.

Back on topic to PoE though... it really does make me sad that the combat is so complete shit that for me it makes the game unplayable. I'd rather go play Diablo 2 because it still feels better, and for some reason this is something they never seem to improve. Perhaps that's because a lot of fans just accept it, but each of these expansions seem to have just put in more content without even a nod to how trash the combat is.

Let me guess, you've never played past Normal difficulty, right?

I'm trying to figure out what your point is... Other than disregarding a widely held opinion...

Yes, the increased attack speed helps make the shitty feel less shitty, but it doesn't get rid of the problem...

News Comments > Pixel Privateers Announced
1. Re: Pixel Privateers Announced Jan 27, 2016, 10:25 Alamar

Well that looked significantly better than I expected... Both graphically and gameplay'ly...  

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
18. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 22:25 Alamar

chickenboo wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 22:13:
I for one won't be subscribing to this, and I hope it doesn't pave the way for publishers pulling their titles from other storefronts (eg Steam) and cordoning-off their games into their own subscription services. Imagine that Blizzard, EA, Microsoft, UbiSoft, Sony, only providing access to their games exclusively through their own storefronts or via subscription services.

Maybe you're including brick stores, but where else can you get Blizzard games?

I'm all for everything being on steam, but this seems like a great deal if you don't need to take months to call a game done. Also, being EA, and their shutting down of servers too quickly, maybe this will help. I've played nearly everything in the current list, and don't care for BF, so I'll wait on it. Would like to see other pubs start this though.

News Comments > ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed
3. Re: ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed Jan 4, 2016, 21:37 Alamar

Would like to see some gameplay, but I liked the implications in the video...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2015, 14:32 Alamar

Think I'm gonna take a break from buying a TV this Boxing Day Sale Season... Previous two years in a row was enough for now ; )

Was hoping for some better sales on other stuff, but alas, another letdown...

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 21, 2015, 00:01 Alamar

What a weird looking game... I bet it'll do great : )  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 10:07 Alamar

The best 'spoiler' joke I saw was someone saying Yoda dies... The person freaks out about spoilers... But he died in Ep 6 heh...

And of course... Sith kills Dumbledore...

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
3. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 17, 2015, 19:05 Alamar

I picked this up a year or two ago for PS3... After seeing it compared to Demons/Dark Souls a bunch... Extremely disappointing, but I should go back and give it more of a chance... Some day...  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Next Week?
8. Re: Steam Winter Sale Next Week? Dec 17, 2015, 14:55 Alamar

Last three years have all started on the Thursday before X-mas, so I was expecting today... Doesn't matter so much anymore... Only game I'm interested in checking prices on is FC4, and even then, I'll just keep waiting if it's over $10 or so. I need to put those last few (dozen?) hours into Fallout 4 to 'make room' though...  

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 21:41 Alamar

Very early weapons break crazy fast, so keeping extras around helps a lot...

Later on, I switch to throwing melee weapons, and eventually pick up the durability skill, both of which make a good deal of difference... Went through the game a second time a month or so ago, and never had to chuck a weapon because it just ran out of repairs... But again, I was throwing them, and the game still has (from DI) an annoying bug that will kill your thrown melee weapons at times... Either stuck somewhere you can't highlight to retrieve, or fall through shit... Add the possibility of dying after throwing one or two and them possibly not being there when you get back, I went through a dozen or so weapons... Never had a problem affording blue+ ones when I needed to buy a new one though, but then, I also searched a lot.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
28. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 09:28 Alamar

Moog wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 08:28:
Arithon wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 04:12:
Horizons was released yesterday - NOT EARLY ACCESS, BLUE YOUR HEADLINE IS WRONG - Horizons was shipped after several weeks of beta, where 6 major updates were issued to address bugs and player feedback.
You might want to tell Frontier that, give they're selling it as EA to existing players in the spam mail I just got...
You'll see we have initially termed Elite Dangerous: Horizons an 'Early Access' release to highlight our normal process of rapid build support to our broad audience, many of who have joined our community very recently.

Plus, that handy link above to Steam that shows Early Access Game in a big blue, very obvious, bar...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2015, 11:18 Alamar

Been considering the Intel Core i7 5960X myself, as I'm at a point where I'd like to put together a full system... Also considering the Intel PCIe 1.2 TB SSD (2.4k read vs the usual ~540 for drives), but I'm not sure I want to throw that much money at a new system... On the fence ; )

Throw in a 980 Ti and I'm up to over $3k for the system, which is likely going to run 20% faster than my current heh... But it's fun to buy stuff, so we'll see ; )

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2015, 12:49 Alamar

That video was much more entertaining than I expected...  

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
2. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 15:07 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 14:57:
I don't get it. Why would you want to do this?

I'd like to play PS4 in a window on my PC while I'm doing other stuff... I can already do this, with dual displays, but it'd be nice to have more options.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 01:33 Alamar

I guess my experience is unique (at least in this thread)... While, as stated, the drive to find Shaun and follow the story is minimal at the beginning, when it should have a stronger pull, I had to force myself to stay away from that quest line after it 'really got started'...

And yes, I was yelling at Kellog to return my son! : )

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
5. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2015, 19:56 Alamar

I'd like the travel bug fixed... I started a new char because of it, and I don't want to do the BoS quests again in case it fucks up again...  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
6. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 18, 2015, 13:14 Alamar

Looks nice and crisp at 4k, but a lot of AA issues in the vid, and the extra 'crispness' points out just how angular a lot of models are...

In the end, none of that matters... Peeps will love it : )

I didn't... I picked up JC and JC2 years after release, and I found myself fighting with the controls, so I didn't play more than 30m or so. Hopefully this one is better, but I'll never find out ; )

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 12:42 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:52:
In before the "rosy-colored glasses" assholes try to ruin some good memories with their stupid shit. Half Life 2 was a genuinely good game. There are games which stand the test of time, HL2 is one of them. As is HL1.

I disagree... Does that make me a "rosy-colored glasses" asshole? : )

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 16, 2015, 13:24 Alamar

Did this actually happen to any of you, or is this the usual BN comment section?

Just checked mine, and no changes...

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo