Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2070 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 19:23 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 18:55:
Vampyr, the upcoming vampire gaym

Putting your opinion of how this game will be in the text?

I did a double take when I first read it... And then scanned the headline, wondering if the character was gay or whatever... I think Blue just did that because Vampyr, even though the trailer, he calls himself a vampire...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
3. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 4, 2016, 17:48 Alamar

I found Prophecies pretty lackluster at first... There are so many that are just a waste of time... At least from a reward point of view... And that fits the nature of an RNG loot system, so it's not all bad...

Plus... I got my first ever (500+ hours played) 6L... Which is a Tabula Rasa, so it's kind of cheating (and I got it on the first day of Prophecy)... I'm enjoying FrostBolt/Vortex and will try to stick with it to the 90s, but I find high level grinding so damn boring...

And, Tabula is so bittersweet for me... It let's me be OP for 70 levels, but it'll be a pain to find a replacement, so I can throw it in my stash for a new alt/build...

News Comments > Overwatch Highlight Exports "Someday"
1. Re: Overwatch Highlight Exports May 31, 2016, 19:45 Alamar

Typical Fan after next patch: WTF, why isn't this in yet? You promised last week!  

News Comments > Space Run Galaxy Trailer
1. Re: Space Run Galaxy Trailer May 27, 2016, 10:40 Alamar

Have not put in the time to get far in the first, but I thought it was a really neat take on TD games... Trailer looks good, and the changes coming look good ; )  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend May 26, 2016, 20:04 Alamar

Cool... A co-worker has put a lot of time into this, but I wasn't sure I'd like it... Queue'd it up for DL tonight, as the 25GB is kind of crazy for my monthly cap (that I go nowhere near, but still).  

News Comments > Spellforce 3 Details
7. Re: Spellforce 3 Details May 25, 2016, 15:01 Alamar

I had forgotten this was in the works, but I see it's already on my Steam Wish List. Also thoroughly enjoyed some of the previous installments, but I did end up finding them a bit too long in the SP campaign... We'll see how the third's '30+ hours' feels, but I'm happy to see some very nice/crisp graphics ; )  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Unpatched
2. Re: Dark Souls III Unpatched May 17, 2016, 00:39 Alamar

Makes you wonder what their QA process is...

Btw, the bit about 'don't worry, you won't be penalized', is because this patch re-enables some hacker griefing BS...

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked?
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked? May 16, 2016, 10:40 Alamar

I have no doubt I'll pay attention... And maybe pick up some wish list titles I just can't justify for more than $5/10, but I'm expecting a lot of disappointment again...

Maybe if I could clear my game list, and memory, I could re-enjoy hundreds of amazing games ; )

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Cheaters Banned
9. Re: Overwatch Beta Cheaters Banned May 13, 2016, 19:31 Alamar

I've been accused of cheating in a few diff games, and I love it hehe...

But I don't understand the point of cheating, in games, or sports, or anything... How can you be proud of a win you didn't earn?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears
1. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears May 12, 2016, 11:00 Alamar

There’s no NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for the Legion beta test, so those invited to play are free to discuss their experiences as well as take screenshots, share videos, and stream game content

What is this craziness? In this day and age?

I know it's par for the course with Bliz, and it's an established title, but still... Crazy!

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
11. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 10:39 Alamar

But I just got my 980 Ti a few months ago... Which currently runs everything near max at 4k@60...  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Hack Warning
6. Re: Dark Souls III Hack Warning May 3, 2016, 15:42 Alamar

Dagnamit wrote on May 3, 2016, 10:27:
somewhat off-topic, but I have recently gotten into the first Dark Souls game after a great deal of trouble with it for YEARS. I get it. It's probably a top 10 game all-time. Utterly brilliant.

I was absolutely dreading the first time I would get invaded by another player because forced PVP ain't really my bag, but HOLY SHIT did I crush that MF'er. He was NOT expecting a 2-handed Zwei +5 to rain blows upon him again and again. I cackled so loud I woke up my son from across the house.

I'm of the same mind as you... Invaders are a nuisance.. But holy crap, this last play through (of DS 3), I was invaded twice in one zone... The first, I plunged onto and chop chop with my bigass Yhorm's Machete, and he's gone... The other one, I had to work on.. Was a long fight, with them quaffing a lot of Estus, but finally they died... Then I realized I still had all mine, so I chain quaffed a bunch standing over their corpse as they were whisked away... Sooooo satisfying : )

Edit: Meant to say, I'm surprised they put in anti-cheat functionality that penalized big Souls increases, since previous DS games have also had hackers giving away crazy amounts of Souls to random people... At that point, it was just an annoyance, because you could just spend the souls you already had, and die away the rest... In the end, it's just bad foresight/planning... But they have to get some things wrong... The game is so great otherwise : )

This comment was edited on May 3, 2016, 16:10.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Trial by Fire Announced
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Trial by Fire Announced Apr 27, 2016, 10:03 Alamar

Man, I still hate that they changed the name... Every time I see one of these, I'm like, sweet, another M&M... : (

In this case specifically, it was 'Sweet, another M&M... Wait, was VII the Breath of Heaven or something... Heroes... Shit...'

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
16. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 23, 2016, 00:59 Alamar

Best news is the original Scooter voice is back ; )  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
10. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 14, 2016, 22:46 Alamar

Placid wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 21:14:
I like this game. I find it fun
I tend to judge based more on if I find myself laughing after playing a game for several minutes or not.

You're going to have to stop actually playing the games and start posting stronger 'opinions' if you want to stick around Blues ; )

News Comments > Dark Souls III Crash Workaround
11. Re: Dark Souls III Crash Workaround Apr 13, 2016, 19:07 Alamar

Man, I am loving this game...

I also started as thief, so Bandit's Knife... Which was a pain on the first boss with my puny non-upgraded hits.. Took a few tries, then one shot the next two, had trouble with a few others... Basically, it's a Souls game ; )

Also running amazing out of the gate... My recently purchases system (with 980 Ti) runs it at 60, with everything set to max, then a few things set lower (like shadows... Still on, because that looks good, but Low vs High doesn't change anything, especially with movement)... Oh, my bad... Meant that at 4k resolution... I'm sure it runs all max at 1080p for 980 or Ti.

And yes, it does 'feel' more like DS1, but that's mostly because of all the returning stuff... It's a good meshing of DS1/2 and BB... : )

News Comments > Hand of Fate 2 Announced
4. Re: Hand of Fate 2 Announced Apr 6, 2016, 19:09 Alamar

This is yet another game (the first) I never finished, and may one day get back to... But I thought it was a great idea, and well-made ; )  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
4. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 15:58 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 15:25:
Come on Blizzard, you finally had something good with D3 and you're ditching it(stopping developing real new content)? You better be working on D4 or something.

What is it you consider 'new content' if it's not the new zones, creatures, items, that come with the seasons?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
2. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 11:09 Alamar

Two weeks to wrap up my S5 challenges... But all I'm playing is PoE these days... So meh... And Dark Souls III out on the 11th... Doesn't look good for D3 and me : )  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2016, 00:36 Alamar

Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 20:52:
People would be better off pre-ordering No Man's Sky. At least they'll get a real game this June.

I'm interested in No Man's Sky, but I'm waiting to see if it has any game before jumping on board...

2070 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo