Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2157 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 in October
2. Re: Destiny 2 in October Jun 13, 2017, 11:37 Alamar

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 10:25:
For the life of me I will never understand this underhanded bullshit they pull with later releases for the PC over consoles.

Such bullshit!

Consoles are considerably easier to QA, and generate more income... I'm disappointed too, but it is what it is : )

WoW Token prices spiked again, as expected... Glad I got my $60 Blizzard Balance last week ; )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers
3. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2017, 21:54 Alamar

Nice CGI, but I still have zero idea what this series is about heh...  

News Comments > Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer
3. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer Jun 10, 2017, 16:08 Alamar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 11:18:
Between this and Dead Cells, metroidvanias are getting a LOT of love in the near future.

Can't wait to give this one a try.

Thanks for mentioning Dead Cells... Had never heard of it, but looks interesting, and is now on my wait list : )

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans
12. Re: Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans Jun 7, 2017, 17:12 Alamar

Not enough details to really have a well thought out opinion, but I liked M:TG 15-20 years back, so I'm at least interested (which is why brands are worth so much)... But I'm also wary... I don't want to play another PC CCG, so the more they stay away from that, the better (for me)...

Unless...

This is just Etherlords 3... Then I'd buy the hell out of it ; )

News Comments > Silver on Steam
1. Re: Silver on Steam Jun 2, 2017, 23:46 Alamar

Loved this game back then... But I wouldn't trust buying anything this old on Steam (as opposed to GoG, that actually tests shit).  

News Comments > SpellForce 3 in December; Battle Chasers: Nightwar in October
1. Re: SpellForce 3 in December; Battle Chasers: Nightwar in October Jun 2, 2017, 10:15 Alamar

Always liked the SpellForce games, though while I picked up the 'expansions' to 2, I never went through them...

Looking forward to 3... And updated engine is sorely needed, and looks good so far... Not launch day good, but I'll keep an eye on it ; )

News Comments > Old Steam Forums Closing
1. Re: Old Steam Forums Closing May 30, 2017, 20:43 Alamar

Deleting them? What a lack of forethought...  

News Comments > Memorial Day Safety Dance
2. Re: Memorial Day Safety Dance May 29, 2017, 21:40 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on May 29, 2017, 17:23:
Windows 10, the securer os.

I have no doubt it's the most secure Windows OS... But... It's still Windows... : )

I mean... Except against it's own malware... : )

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
10. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 25, 2017, 12:21 Alamar

Glad to see they hit this milestone... And for those that have yet to get it, it's currently at 50% off on Humble Store (12.49 USD).

As a fan of all three recent major ARPGs (D3, PoE, GD), I appreciate what each brings to the table/genre...

And I'm looking forward to the expansion... Which I hope/expect has new content along with the two new classes, and I'm eager to check out each (though also worried they'll be badly balanced initially, making later nerfs/buffs more painful).

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 23, 2017, 10:51 Alamar

Doctor Who Explores A Horrible Non-Truth Of Video Games...  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
9. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 16, 2017, 23:37 Alamar

Sweet... "Can't wait" to get it in 2020 : )  

News Comments > The Surge Released
19. Re: The Surge Released May 16, 2017, 21:45 Alamar

I'm 13h in, and still loving it...

As a massive Souls fan (have all + BB), I think it's great another company is making these kinds of games... And I agree with some of Quinn's points, in that, LOTF is a better 'experience' than souls games, in that, it feels like you're playing part in a story... Though LOTF has nothing on Souls replayability... I played through on all three 'classes', using weapons appropriate to that starting design, and it's varied quite a bit, but all three were fun ; )

The Surge continues that... There are 5 types of weapons, and variations within each type, but the advancement system doesn't lock you in, like it does with Souls games (minus those with respec systems). The various types of armor seem to make even less difference, but I guess that's pretty true in this entire genre...

In short, it's a great experience so far... The story is interesting enough, the graphics are great (for this genre), the advancement is good (The implant system is a nice way to add to it, and the trade-off vs energy usage is good), the fighting feels good (and gory, if you like that shit; loved Shadow of Mordor kills myself).

News Comments > The Surge Launch Trailer
1. Re: The Surge Launch Trailer May 12, 2017, 12:41 Alamar

I be hyped... Hoping my Humble key comes early Monday... And that it unlocks early enough Monday night EST : )  

News Comments > Prey Released
7. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 12:25 Alamar

I'll admit it... When I saw, In Steam, that it was available... I considered, for half a second, to buy it just to refund it... I actually tried the demo on PS4 and was pretty disappointed...  

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
42. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 18:38 Alamar

And this is one way games are urged towards my, 'will play in a few years when it's $10' list...

Looking forward to The Surge in a few weeks though ; )

News Comments > Darksiders III Announcement
1. Re: Darksiders III Announcement May 2, 2017, 15:12 Alamar

I really should force myself through the rest of #2... Loved the first, but felt the second was pretty meh... I'm expecting the next to be more like #2 though...  

News Comments > ELEX Trailer
6. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 22, 2017, 10:10 Alamar

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:59:
Here's a longer one for starters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLJgU5SOvY

Disappointed with how the combat looks, including animations... But I like how the story is portrayed, and Skyrim has proven shitty combat doesn't ruin this kind of game for everyone ; )

Definitely need to see more of the advancement/abilities/etc, but it's on the watch list now at least ; )

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
1. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 10:21 Alamar

Yay... Hope Humble supplies my key in time for a pre download...  

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
3. Re: Mad Catz Closed Mar 31, 2017, 20:18 Alamar

I have always chosen official controllers in the rare cases I need another, but I'm very sad to see this alternative option go...  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
19. Re: Destiny 2 PC Hype? Mar 30, 2017, 23:09 Alamar

DukeLeeto wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:08:
Being a pc gamer for the last 30 yrs,i bought a xbox one to try the first one and loved it,but hated using a gamepad with it.

I had the opposite... I've always been VERY pro KB/M for FPS, but it came with my PS4, and it took me a day or two to get used to it, and I actually choose controller over KB/M in some other shooter games... Mouse is still better, but the comfort of the controller is worth it at times.

2157 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo