Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2351 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Underway
1. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Underway Nov 11, 2017, 19:23 Alamar

I may jump into this... Ended up thoroughly enjoying the Necro's Spinny Bone Armor set...

Also, for those that find the following the most important bit of info for a new league, like I do:

Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 12:

Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
Crusader – Seeker of the Light
Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
10. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 9, 2017, 11:05 Alamar

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:37:
I gotta say, it would freak ME out to have had to work without any of the things they bargained for. The money part isn’t what’s concerning, it’s the unknown factors that would bother me. They still don’t have to tell the actor what game they’re voicing, which is bullshit. “Oh, you’ll be working on a tiny project no one’s heard of”, and two years later there’s your voice as the main character of a new Uncharted series, and you got $2000.

I agree the changes to give the VA more info about the role is good... Getting associated with something that you're against (or don't want on your record) would suck...

But telling all your VAs, that might have very little interest in keeping your secret (other than the NDA, which is hard to enforce), what hyped game sequel they can now reveal, is a bad idea.

As for the $2k, I don't know why that's relevant. I don't support royalties, so it doesn't matter if the game does well or not (and the above includes royalties by another name anyways), but if it does do well, that VA is likely to get more work as a result.

News Comments > Telltale Layoffs
4. Re: Telltale Layoffs Nov 7, 2017, 23:45 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:42:
Always nice to let people go just around Xmas time, isn't it?

Better to let some go, than everyone... We've all seen many studios close, or worse, be bought by EA, heh...

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Launched
1. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Launched Nov 7, 2017, 16:19 Alamar

Not a full price launch, which is good for a port... But still too much for me to jump onto yet...  

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse)
10. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse) Nov 3, 2017, 13:59 Alamar

Ultimately moot for myself, but what a silly decision.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 12:12 Alamar

Nioh'ce... Didn't realize the PC edition was this close... Too busy with Destiny 2 to grab it, and wasn't willing to pay launch price on PS4, so hopefully in half a year it's at a good point ; )  

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale Begins
6. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Begins Oct 27, 2017, 00:14 Alamar

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 23:43:
you need to buy a lot of real garbage.

Indeed... Steam says I have 566... And I stopped adding keys for all my purchases a year or two ago... I have 85 unclaimed keys on Humble, for example... And when I was subbed to the Bundle Stars and Indie Gala spam, I would occasionally buy one of those for a single game, and just leave the rest alone...

Though, on the other hand, it'd be cool to have over 1k heh... But it becomes so unwieldy to manage... I mostly keep my list on 'Installed', which is actually about 50 games right now... Most of which have gotten a few minutes at least : )

Bought 3 more in this sale too... Aquaria, Strikey Sisters, and Tricky Towers... The latter two to play some local Coop/MP with my daughter : )

News Comments > Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend
2. Re: Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend Oct 26, 2017, 20:49 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 20:16:
So Arc is exactly the same price it was before?

- Double the price
- 50% off 'sale'
- ???
- Profit

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
9. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 22:34 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 21:20:
These are usually really competitive or professional players.

I've been pretty competitive... And I love to win... Which is why I never cheat... Cheating invalidates the 'win', so there's no joy to take from it... At least for me.

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
6. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 22:36 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 21:00:
hammered http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/destiny-2

metacritic at launch has, and always will be, useless... Too many dumbasses with shitty 10 or 0 reviews, skewing the scores with their fanboi BS praising, or their ridiculous BS complaints...

Personally loving the game atm myself ; )

4K@60 feels gooooood ; )

News Comments > Battle.net Launches New Social Features
2. Re: Battle.net Launches New Social Features Oct 23, 2017, 21:26 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:20:
I have created a Blues News group

You need to supply the link or code, for people to find the group...

News Comments > Rogue Trooper Redux Released
3. Re: Rogue Trooper Redux Released Oct 18, 2017, 14:19 Alamar

Thoroughly enjoyed this when it came out... Added some RPG elements to a shooter, which was unusual at the time... Interesting enough story too.

Buying it again when it came out on Steam sucked though, as it wasn't compatible with Win 10 (or whatever OS was relevant at the time), so I'm happy for the Redux, at least when the price (for a remake) is reasonable ; )

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 10:41 Alamar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 00:54:
I'd bet there are less than 1 million active players at any given time. The game is just getting to be a bit stale.

1 million active players is a bit stale?

That seems like an odd argument, or are those two sentences supposed to be unrelated?

News Comments > ELEX Released
4. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:36 Alamar

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:33:
What's a game from PB gonna be like with half the team gone from the company? Nervous Fingerscrossed

Better, I hope...

News Comments > BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo
3. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 08:54 Alamar

Maybe it's my advancing age... But I can't take a game seriously (and even bother to look into it) with a name like this...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
15. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 12:38 Alamar

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 11:56:
DarkCntry wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 10:07:
Hell though, I'm just surprised the first reply wasn't someone complaining about the lootboxes despite them being wholly inconsequential.

Are they, though? From an ArsTechnica article on loot boxes:

Multiple pre-release reviews of the game have confirmed that its "100 percent" completion state is locked behind an end-game mode called Shadow Wars, which hinges largely on players' ability to recruit "more powerful" allies in the game. To do this, players must use the game's loot-box recruitment system, and reviews indicate that this is tied to a random number generator. Your probability of unlocking a worthy ally, therefore, goes up as you open more loot boxes. Doing so by simply using in-game credits takes a lot longer than opening up your wallet.

:-shrug-:

Sounds like an extension to the same argument... Nothing is locked out by not buying loot boxes for cash, but buying loot boxes for cash unlocks things quicker.

I (still) don't see that as a problem...

What I personally don't like, is when games release DLC Content which adds achievements, taking that initial 100% completion to 80% of whatever. Playstation works around this by awarding their Platinum Trophies based on base game only (at least in the few cases I've cared to look into). But this is all moot, because of the hundreds of games I've beaten, there were single digit numbers of games I wanted to 100% on, so I'll stop ranting about tangents : )

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
3. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 10:17 Alamar

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 09:44:
The FoV is 60, with no way to change it. I'm sorry, but there is just absolutely no excuse for this in any game released in the last 25 years. It is almost impossible to comprehend, borderline criminal.

Avoid this game like the plague.

This is certainly surprising... I mean that they didn't include an FoV slider (Though I bet there'll be a workaround in the next week), not the hyperbole in this post ; )

News Comments > Extinction Trailer
1. Re: Extinction Trailer Oct 4, 2017, 22:17 Alamar

Looks kind of neat : )  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
1. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 10:23 Alamar

That Survival Mode looks kind of cool... And annoying heh... The lower carry weight will probably suck more than the other changes though ; )  

News Comments > Hawken PC Sunset Coming
5. Re: Hawken PC Sunset Coming Oct 2, 2017, 22:42 Alamar

I still remember the first vid I saw of this many years ago... Looked pretty badass... Never did play it though, as I'm not into MP no mo ; )  

2351 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo