Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 28, 2018, 15:49 Alamar

Didn't even know there was an E3 demo, so that part is good news at least... Damn game should be out by now though...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend
7. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jun 23, 2018, 19:04 Alamar

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 15:07:
I intended to resub to WoW in order to level a new character to 110 before the expansion is released. (I know you get 1 free 110 at release, but I want a Monk and Paladin)

Low and behold, I found out just a couple months ago Blizzard made leveling significantly more time consuming than ever before. Monsters were buffed to take much longer to kill, dungeon experience was neutered, heirlooms were nerfed. There are literally 1,000's of posts from outraged people saying it's a mind numbing chore now, and they gave up not even halfway through. (with a corresponding number of people theorizing they did this on purpose in order to sell high level character unlocks)

I might log in this weekend just to see how much heirloom gear I can actually get, and to see if some names are available.

Like any change... The low level scaling change had some good and some bad... Some of the good is that you can keep questing in a zone until you're done with the zone, and won't be considerably higher level (especially when you were throwing some Dungeon queues in the mix).

Some of the bad is as mentioned:
- Heirlooms were slightly nerfed... The max is now +50% xp, where with all the pieces, it was +60% or so, if you were able to get the less common pieces (like rings).
- Mobs were buffed, so they couldn't be ridiculously steamrolled, especially with Heirlooms. They take longer, and for some, that's a pro, but for most, it's just a grind. 100 levels just to get 'to the good stuff' takes too damn long even without this change.
- Dungeons didn't feel any different for me... Dungeon quests is where all the action is, and you have access to a crap ton of dungeons in your level range (BC/LK overlap, Cata/MoP overlap). The wife powered me through a bunch of dungeons, and even without the dungeon quests, the dungeon bonus xp made it worth it.... If you're a tank or healer (no/low queue), you'd run through these almost as fast anyways.

I won't argue the whole 'They added this to make money on boosts', because, it's tired... It's been said about that feature every few months, for like every addition to the game for years... What's new this time, is that with Allied races, they gave a reason for people to level them (starting at 20) to max without a boost (Racial heirloom gear).

Having said all that... I ran out of steam at the start of WoD, which is still easy/quick to lvl through with just collecting treasure.. I afk leveled him to 95 just doing that with the first zone, and logging in occasionally for XP Garrison missions. I used to love leveling, and could do it super fast (questing), but I just can't do that shit now I guess ; )

Anyhow... That's my ramble... I also hope for an XP lucrative pre-launch event, because I also deleted/remade/maxed like 5 or so chars during Legion Pre-Launch...

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
19. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 14:20 Alamar

I wonder how soon I can apply for government assistance for my disability... Which would give me more time to game... : )

Edit: I really should read previous comments before posting...

News Comments > GreedFall Trailer
2. Re: GreedFall Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 23:05 Alamar

Nice looking CGI... Wonder what the game is about...  

News Comments > Star Control: Origins E3 Trailer
2. Re: Fleet Battles Access Launches for Star Control: Origins Preorders Jun 12, 2018, 10:12 Alamar

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 08:15:
I know it's fashionable to hate on Brad Wardell (admittedly the guy sometimes doesn't know when to just be quiet) but I really like Stardock games (Where is "Sins of a Solar Empire 2"???) and this new Star Control looks like it is going to tick my boxes so I'm looking forward to it.

When he mentioned Star Control, I was 'meh'... Then he said 'Action RPG' and I sat up... Would really like another game like the first SPAZ (with more polish).. Not a fan of the second, especially the combat.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:19 Alamar

Looking forward to playing halfway through this game a few times, like I did with Witcher... Shit is too damn long.  

News Comments > EA Announces Origin Access Premiere
9. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 9, 2018, 23:58 Alamar

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:16:
It's $15/mo or $100/yr compared to $5/mo or $30/yr for the current sub. Not sure why they make you dig around the website to find that basic info..

Agreed on the ridiculousness of finding the price on their site...

I gotta assume you can't pay $15 for a single month and get access to Anthem/Others Pre-launch... Though I guess they're still getting $15 to demo a game that way. If I'm on the fence and don't want to throw out the full $60, maybe I'll look into it around that time. Though now I wonder if the early access is pre-launch access (the usual 3 days BS) or beta access.

And I wonder how long until the newer games are then available at the $5/mo rate...

News Comments > Anthem Trailer and Details
13. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 23:51 Alamar

Looking good... I enjoyed Destiny 1 and 2, though didn't get any DLC, so ultimately just stopped playing... Hoping it feels as good as Destiny but with some better systems (Progression, Coop, etc).  

News Comments > KryptCrawler on Steam
3. Re: KryptCrawler on Steam Jun 7, 2018, 15:09 Alamar

Kinda curious about this... Beholder style gameplay in VR might work well if the controls aren't total shit.  

News Comments > Dauntless Beta Success
2. Re: Dauntless Beta Success Jun 7, 2018, 15:03 Alamar

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 12:46:
After 5 hours deleted this POS.

How did it take you that long? I literally fought two enemies, because I hoped the second wouldn't feel so fucking sluggish...

Glad others are having fun though : )

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons
1. Re: Diablo III Introducing Themed Seasons Jun 6, 2018, 10:42 Alamar

<yawn>  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 4, 2018, 08:20 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 04:36:
Surprised Bless Online is selling so much. It's getting hammered in the reviews.

Those are the people posting the reviews : )

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week
13. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 2, 2018, 08:42 Alamar

'Mark your calendar'!!!

Uh... No... If I happen to see it on that day, most likely due to Blues, great... But I very rarely get super hyped over unreleased shit any more... Though I was eagerly awaiting the latest PoE league, and am moments away from getting back to it for another long ass game day ; )

News Comments > Path of Exile: Incursion Launches
3. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July Jun 2, 2018, 08:41 Alamar

007Bistromath wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 03:28:
It's pretty great. The overarching theme is to make clearspeed matter to people that aren't normally clearspeed autists by adding an element of planning. Interesting stuff. It seems like killing monsters doesn't add quite enough time to your limit, though. Hope they patch it.

I'm playing Arc for the first time in years (due to it's massive buffs, both in numbers, and 'fun factor'; So much chaining/forking).

The first 11 I did was sluggish and the timers went by so very fast, but at lvl 20-40 ish, it's been cake... The first temple boss completed gave me level 13, +30 Move Speed boots (Holy shit), so that likely helped... But I've been quaffing Quicksilver flasks like nothing before ; )

I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but that's after a single day... We'll see how it feels later... I think keys should drop more consistently, because clearing an entire room and not getting to unlock a door is frustrating as shit, but on the other hand, with the 'powder keg' room, I've yet to miss out on being able to enter a room.

News Comments > Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection
16. Re: Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection May 28, 2018, 10:15 Alamar

Reminds me of that 'fiasco' with, Origin? or whatever... Steam pointing fingers... Origin? pointing fingers... Looks like the Commonality is only lying with Steam.  

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
19. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 22, 2018, 00:28 Alamar

Creston wrote on May 21, 2018, 16:49:
suddenly you're spending 900 hours on building a microtransaction interface

Holy fuck, that would be nice... CXD developers they are not...

News Comments > Disdoored Announced
1. Re: Disdoored Announced May 21, 2018, 14:05 Alamar

Nice vid... Neat concept... Too bad it's just not my genre.  

News Comments > Four Free Humble Games
5. Re: Four Free Humble Games May 20, 2018, 00:52 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2018, 10:56:
Alamar wrote on May 19, 2018, 10:46:
Sweet... Went over to get my 'Four Free' games... And it wants money... I don't think that word means what they think it means.
NOPE
All you have to do is click on the game, sign in and download it.

Well, shit... My bad... Page popped up with the bigass Subscribe link, and I made an ass out of ume ; )

News Comments > Four Free Humble Games
3. Re: Four Free Humble Games May 19, 2018, 10:46 Alamar

Sweet... Went over to get my 'Four Free' games... And it wants money... I don't think that word means what they think it means.  

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
14. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 18:02 Alamar

ExGemini wrote on May 9, 2018, 14:35:
I'm old, born 1980.

I do remember back in the days when often the discussion with friends would steer too "wouldn't be amazing if it was multiplayer?".
It often involved great single player games.

I do also remember the hassle to put together a lan back then, with the coaxial before the rj45 was a thing.

Today I often watch this games and wonder how good they would be if they were ment for single player from the ground up.

I remember setting up a home network for my family on coaxial... So we could all share an Internet connection... On Dialup...

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo