Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2082 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Breach Launches
7. Re: Path of Exile Breach Launches Dec 3, 2016, 18:10 Alamar

Hmmm... Telling myself to stick with the BF guy for a bit... So I head to Lab... Belly of the Beast drops, which the 36% Inc Life would be great for my RF/Ray build heh...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Breach Launches
6. Re: Path of Exile Breach Launches Dec 3, 2016, 17:39 Alamar

Brumbek wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 13:16:
Wallshadows wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 23:42:
Got to 49 with my Blade Flurry Assassin.
We're all Blade Flurry Assassins!! I'm only level 30, but I plan to at least try for 24 challenges this league. Also, I was so excited to log in right away and get the nice simple name "Flurio". I've been going around to town folk and saying in Antonio Banderas' voice, "I am Flurio, much blade, so flurry." It really adds to the immersion.

56 here... Ya, some of the Breaches are so satisfying... Others are quite the quick death heh... Found one of the bosses so far, and he killed me 3 times (it was close to the entrance) before I found out he can't even be killed... But at least I got the 'Achievement' credit for it I guess.

I'm actually really underwhelmed by BF... I played some Scorching Ray before the buff and found it great... Though, being the first char in the League, all my gear has been mostly crap, and my resists need some love. BF has it's moments of course, but it hits fairly softly so far... Will see what the next set of Ascendancy points do for me.

News Comments > Prey Gameplay Video
2. Re: Prey Gameplay Video Dec 2, 2016, 12:19 Alamar

hahahaha... That was great... Typical Shooter mentality is, 'Shit, I have this crappy <insert melee weapon>... Where do I get my first pea shooter?'...

The whole name thing still turns me off, but I like what I'm seeing... Reminds of some of the mechanics in BioShock, and a few other shooters, which is a good thing ; )

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
4. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 12:08 Alamar

There was a lot of hate on for this game when it was fresh, but I enjoyed it quite a bit ; )

I'm really curious about the Duke version... Unless the game actually 'bleeps' out the cursing... Unlikely considering the original is pretty 'adult oriented'...

That's gotta be a good deal of re-work though, as the main character is seen/heard a lot in the original...

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 28, 2016, 23:10 Alamar

I closed everything else when updating... Because driver updates can still set the resolution to 1024, and it messes up windows so many times... So instead, it decides to fuck over the icons on my desktop in a weird way... By weird, I mean, it set them all to every 4th row/column... I only have 5 or so that are in specific spots, but it's still stupid annoying.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
47. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 11:27 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 14:57:
Hrm, the prices in general weren't great, but I've already given in and bought about 8 games this sale.

Dark Souls 2, Dragon's Dogma, Windward, Star Ruler 2, then the big ones, MGS V:Phantom Pain, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Shen DLC for XCOM2 and Planetary Annihilation:Titans also, I believe.

The queue gorges itself, chuckling as it moves farther and farther away from completion.

If you can get a refund on Dragon's Dogma, it's this month's Humble Monthly 'top' pick... So for $12 USD, you'll get that, immediately, and another 5-7 games in a week.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Breach Announced
8. Re: Path of Exile: Breach Announced Nov 22, 2016, 21:56 Alamar

Xirgu wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 10:53:
kinda curious what gems you linked with it.. I tried the skill on a totem and was seriously UNimpressed by its ability to kill things.. thats on a tabula with a few support gems, bought on a lev 90 char, given to a lev 70 char , tested in a lev 60 area. could reliably kill zombies.. if they came one at a time..

that said RF is the only build it might be useful for , for a few % extra dmg from the -fire res mod. slooowly building up to a whopping -24%
still.. instead of waiting for it to tickle things you might simply use a different spell, actually do some damage and proc for example element equilibrium for much greater resistance reduction..(-50% instant)

Ray is linked with Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus... Both of which are pure buff... The drawback don't apply to Ray anyways... Also Faster Casting for faster stacking damage/debuff, Improved Burning and Rapid Decay... Using Orb of Storms to proc Elemental Equilibrium, Curse On Hit (Currently Flammability), and with Inc crit strikes for Elemental Overload...

Build or Check ZiggyD's Google Doc... Currently 61 with not great gear, and still wiping out groups with one sweep.

Tipsy: If you mean Fire Damage Leech, Ray (and I think all DoT damage) can't Leech. Which I guess is another reason it's an RF build, since you get many of the % regen nodes (~11% total, then 4% from standing in consecration from Inquisitor).

News Comments > Path of Exile: Breach Announced
4. Re: Path of Exile: Breach Announced Nov 21, 2016, 15:38 Alamar

I've been enjoying the new Scorching Ray ability... Started out a bit sluggish (in part compared to crazy good early game leveling uniques for melee skills, and my lack of +spell damage early on), but it's pretty low mana cost, so throwing 3-4 support gems at it didn't cause me to be out of mana all the time...

The skill is a bit clunky at times, but when it works, I'm basically just waving it past a group of mobs over half a second, and they all start burning for 1.9s.. Rares don't always die in that sweep, but a bit of concentrated fire helps that...

I've never had so little trouble with the Lab boss though... Great concentrated damage, and I didn't insta die to a charge/projectile because of all the extra life/regen in that build.

I'm using a build based on ZiggyD's RF/Ray Inquisitor, and this is the first time I've actually gotten to play RF, because it takes so much regen and fire res investment, I would just throw it on for 2s and wonder how people can use it... Now that I'm using it effectively, it's great, both from a 'run past small mobs and they die', and the huge dmg buff to Scorching Ray : )

Still won't likely make it far enough to do Uber Lab though, but we'll see if the content progression changes coming up change any of that... If Atlas only made me spend an extra few hours in maps, I don't see the other stuff doing enough for me.

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
17. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 3, 2016, 11:02 Alamar

This is a good change, but I would love to see a gameplay video also being a requirement... And the order of the vids are fucked for so many game... I don't want to see your newly added character/DLC before actual info about the base game. The last part has always made me wonder if Steam just didn't support re-ordering vids.  

News Comments > Book of Demons Demo
2. Re: Book of Demons Demo Oct 27, 2016, 20:23 Alamar

I picked this up a few days ago on Chrono.gg for about the current sale-again price going right now...

In short, it's an action RPG... It's not as 'deep' as other Action RPGs, but I've had a ton of fun so far (just beat the foozle for the first time)... And I'm eagering awaiting the new classes and other planned content..

I highly recommend it, but you may want to try the demo first... It is a bit quirky, from a story/humor and control perspective... So it's great they have a demo to see if that's good for you.

I also had zero technical issues with it, so it's one of the most stable EA titles I've tried.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 23, 2016, 17:58 Alamar

It's not entirely clear what 'won'... Can we get a recount?  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Details
5. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Details Oct 13, 2016, 00:39 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 23:47:
20-30 hours of doing the same fucking repetitive shit I've been doing since the game launched.

NO. MORE.

This is no more or less true than just about any other game... So go do the same shit in a different one ; )

News Comments > Gone Gold - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration
1. Re: Gone Gold - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Sep 24, 2016, 16:10 Alamar

Shouldn't the definitive experience for any game be the one that is available at launch... Glad I held off on this one ; )  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 12:44 Alamar

The last time I dropped my Galaxy S4, it 'encouraged' me to upgrade to a new phone, which at the time, was the Nexus 6, while going out of stock, which I realize makes my whole post pointless... Nevertheless...

I really like the Nexus 6, and I imagine the updated model is also nice. The size difference is noticeable, and every time I pick up the wife's S4, I'm shocked at how 'tiny' it feels. No problems with it so far, but I'm sure at some point, I'll drop it and it'll again 'encourage' me to upgrade ; )

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2016, 14:52 Alamar

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:00:
I'm really enjoying DX. It's a shame they fubared the ending so bad, as the rest of the game is a blast...

Not sure if you're talking about this one, or the last one... : )

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:40 Alamar

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:12:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:09:
nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
Reviews say the gameplay is good, but the ending is bad. But I've also seen folks say it takes 20+ hours to get to the end, so 20 hours of good DX is good for me, even if the ending is subpar.

I haven't read any reviews since I am more or less going in to it blind but is it a rushed story telling kind bad or cliffhanger kind of bad?

According to the reviews it is rushed, i.e. you happen to bump into a boss fight more or less accidentally, long before any loose ends are tied up, and then the credits roll by.

Don't worry guys... I'm sure the DLC will clear up the story confusion!

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
34. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 14:36 Alamar

I don't understand... The game is out Tuesday, but there are reviews before Tuesday... I thought this wasn't allowed anymore : )  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Begins
1. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Begins Aug 6, 2016, 11:21 Alamar

Was teasing Krovven about Power Leveling me, but I really can't see myself playing this season... Demon Invasions on Tuesday... Legion content on the 30th... I'm a bit obsessive, so I don't imagine I would be able to pull myself away long enough to unlock the stash tab, which is kind of the only point now...

I mean, the point is to enjoy it, and I do love their combat, but once I get the stash tab, my will to play becomes zero...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
22. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Jul 30, 2016, 15:33 Alamar

shiho wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 04:19:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 04:15:
shiho wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 03:18:
I remember buying Deus Ex: HR, and talking to an early NPC, which was some sort of hobo woman living near a trash can, who mysteriously had lots of coherent and useful information about the world around me.

Given how I live in a hobo-infested city, that experience was jarringly unrealistic and put me off the game permanently.

Can't tell if serious..? If so, I assume you never played the original DX. It was full of surprisingly well-informed hobos.

Partially kidding, but partially serious. Deus Ex was what, 15 years ago? I've grown weary of lifeless NPC infodumps a long time ago, and it's not my fault that the industry has completely failed to move forward in most directions, except for advancements in UI and graphics detail.

But how many real life hobo's have you talked to? I imagine a lot of them are surprisingly knowledgeable : )

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 25, 2016, 15:51 Alamar

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 14:12:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:29:
No Man's Sky is basically a single player game. Calling it multiplayer is a joke. The only reason for a internet connection is so they can call it multiplayer.

You mean so you can call it multiplayer - and bitch about NMS for yet another imaginary reason.

Over the years the devs went to lengths to explain it`s a single player experience with optional online element...

stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game

...but don`t let this get in a way of your circlejerk

Is it really a circle if there's only one jerk?

2082 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo