Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
33. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 10:51 Alamar

Darks wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 14:04:
Anything spewing out of Bitchfords mouth is nothing but toxic shit. Take anything he says with a heavy dose of salt. And gargle in the morning twice.

Did you just describe half the people that post here regularly?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
66. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 14, 2019, 11:11 Alamar

Thoroughly enjoying the (Melee Amara) gameplay so far, and it runs flawlessly for me on EGS... Does all the things I want, and none of the BS Steam does that I don't.

Coop is ridiculously easy to play with friends, and even after I left a coop game, and finished a quest before where we started at, it asked if I wanted to skip all the shit I did in another session.

Didn't enjoy coop FL4K as much though. Stealth skill seemed like it'd be great, but you really need a specific high damage weapon to benefit from the 3 shot part. But also felt like I just wasn't getting any interesting weapons on that character (yet).

The QoL changes are great too, though it also reminds me of the annoying shit that didn't change (Like tracking multiple quests on the map, or even being able to use the quest switching keys on the map screen).

But overall, good times, and I'm going back to fixate on it again ; ) ~18h played so far.

News Comments > Conarium Free on Epic Games Store
15. Re: Conarium Free on Epic Games Store Sep 13, 2019, 16:35 Alamar

Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 16:27:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 22:30:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 21:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 21:25:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 20:37:
Snagged.
ditto's

nobody cares if you snagged it.

Nobody cares that you don't care that I snagged it.

It's turtles all the way down from here.

So stop telling people you snagged a freebie. Nobody cares what you grabbed. People don't care if someone saved 15% or more on their car insurance. Rolleyes

Your ignorance is showing... And you don't speak for others... If you want to be a dick, maybe put a second more thought into it first ; )

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads
15. Re: Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads Sep 4, 2019, 10:57 Alamar

Nice to see GB got their part done in time... And even nicer that I'll be playing at 7pm on the 12th ; )  

News Comments > Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations
42. Re: Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations Aug 27, 2019, 20:30 Alamar

ventry wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 20:07:
Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 12:43:
The first story is quite lengthy but basically alleges both rape and some sort of industry blacklisting. Blue provided a brief summary so I'm not sure what the problem is. The second centers around Zoe Quinn and is totally unrelated.

As for the allegations themselves, I'll just re-iterate what I usually say and that without criminal prosecution its he/she said situations that don't seem to go anywhere. I don't subscribe to automatic belief/callout culture, we have legal systems in place to handle rapists and prevent them from hurting others. Once prosecuted we also have avenues such as impact statements and support systems to help victims move on and receive ongoing support if needed. It's not a perfect system but it's what we have. Callout culture is more flawed as every false accusation undermines overall credibility of all victims and adds to the burden of those that want to come forward. Both of these allegations seem to have happened in Canada which to my limited understanding of Canadian law has no statute of limitations so all the more reason to talk to the authorities instead of twitter.

About sums it up for me.
If it can be proven in a court of law then the perpetrators deserve to suffer the full weight of the law.

That pesky innocent until PROVEN guilty thing.

However it always makes me suspicious revealing such alleged crimes on "social media" vs. "the relevant Authorities" (referring to Zoe Quinn only.)

I'm lazy, and don't want to read the article heh... But did she state she didn't go to the authorities, or is this just more of people assuming shit didn't happen because of their own perceptions?

And I'm not asking this question so that dumb-assess can parade around thinking their opinion on something they know nearly nothing about is justified...

Had a crime happened (here or anywhere, rape or otherwise), and a person did not go to the authorities, can't you people think of a dozen... A hundred... Reasons why that person would be afraid to?

I mean... Ya'll are a bunch of Internet tough guys right? Some of you say some ridiculously stupid shit here, that you'd be afraid to say to half of the other people here in person, so can't you at least use a wee bit of that self-awareness to realize that it's also so much easier to have the 'courage' to say something online when it's so hard to say it elsewhere?

News Comments > Telling Lies Released (Honest!)
6. Re: Telling Lies Released (Honest!) Aug 24, 2019, 12:58 Alamar

Johnny Johnny...  

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare
12. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 13:31 Alamar

I find all this publisher worship (positive or negative) to be silly, but I was never into celebrity obsession (even in gaming) either...

I don't care what EA or Activision are doing... Whether I buy their games or not... If an interesting game comes out, I don't much care who made it... It's judged on it's own. Thinking all future games from some pubs, or devs, will be shit, is just asinine.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Anthem, though I did 'burn out' on it fairly quickly. Just went back and obsessed over Division 2 though, so maybe I'll do the same with Anthem next... I'm sure both games have some nice improvements since I played them around launch.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released
2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 11:58 Alamar

I looked into the base game with their recent (quite large) sale... But holy hell, are people bashing the update. Wasn't sure I'd get much out of the game as it was, but I steered my $5 or so away due to that.  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
4. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 11:55 Alamar

That's such bullshit... I don't want to wait a few hours, or half a day to start playing... I'm canceling and waiting 6 months instead...  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Skill Trees
13. Re: Borderlands 3 Skill Trees Aug 12, 2019, 13:26 Alamar

So I was planning on Amara/Siren first... But that FL4K tree looks more fun... Nice to see the series finally get more active skill variety too : )  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Amara Trailer
9. Re: Borderlands 3 Amara Trailer Aug 6, 2019, 16:48 Alamar

There's my girl!

I've started each game with the Siren, and I'm looking forward to 'more of the same' : )

I think I liked the Zane intro video more though.

News Comments > Tetris Effect in Full Effect
9. Re: Tetris Effect in Full Effect Jul 24, 2019, 08:28 Alamar

hahahahhaa.... OMG... While the video is entertaining...

"Unlocked Resolution"
"Unlocked Framerate"

That shit made me lol...

Anyhow... For an actual interesting Tetris mechanic gameplay experience, I highly recommend some competitive Trick Towers ; )

News Comments > GORN Born
11. Re: GORN Born Jul 20, 2019, 05:07 Alamar

Xero wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 17:18:
This was like the only game on Steam that actually made me wish I had a VR headset to try out. HOWEVER,I'm not the type to buy hardware for 1 game so I don't think I'll ever get a chance to check it out.

How can you call yourself a gamer if you don't buy hardware for a single game? NES for Super Mario, Genesis for Sonic, etc, etc... Maybe I just had too much money as a kid heh...

News Comments > G2A Fights Back
14. Re: G2A Fights Back Jul 5, 2019, 14:21 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 13:59:
For someone who lives in a country that gets screwed on regional pricing you'd be looking for deals too via key resellers. Blame the greedy publishers for this mess. Hell, I remember for Mass Effect 3 EA was selling it for half-price in Mexico through Origin so I, and a ton of other people, just used a VPN to buy a key and saved myself 50% more than what I would have paid here for the exact same product. Fuck the pubs.

Just because you're shitty, doesn't mean the rest of our country is... Don't use us to justify your greedy excuses.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video
2. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Jul 3, 2019, 18:59 Alamar

Kxmode wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 18:21:
Must be nice for the few on EGS.

It is, thanks... I'm stoked : )

News Comments > The Surge 2 Gameplay Walkthrough
1. Re: The Surge 2 Gameplay Walkthrough Jun 27, 2019, 17:20 Alamar

Well shit... That's looking damn good... May have to play through the first yet again...  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Going Free-to-Play?
9. Re: Destiny 2 Going Free-to-Play? Jun 6, 2019, 14:36 Alamar

Darks wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 12:06:
This argument gets so tiring, the current micro-transactions currently are nothing ore them cosmetic items that can be obtained by just playing the game. You dont have to buy anything to play the game or any missions.

Whats going to evolve now will be much worst. They will be adding all kinds of stuff that will be game breaking items. Watch and see!

This argument gets so tiring, the fear mongering about how the game is going to change to P2W...

I personally thoroughly enjoyed D2, and would like to go back to it, again, at some point... But going F2P does absolutely nothing for those that already threw some money at it, but I guess that's the point... But it makes me sad.

They're going to give away a great deal of content, and then the people that were on the fence previously might enjoy it enough to pay for the new stuff.

News Comments > Trover Saves the Universe Released
2. Re: Trover Saves the Universe Released Jun 4, 2019, 15:10 Alamar

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:23:
the plan is to keep the game at full price for longer than is typical and offer free DLC, rather than lower the price over time and charge for additional content

I doubt that would work because the market seems to favor new releases with initial sales which degrade over time.

Hard to say... Some people will love it... But those on the fence may not pick it up for even longer due to it...

My personal pref, if selling a game with future content, would be to offer it based on the expected total content... If the game ships with half, sell it for $20, then add some DLC, four times, each increasing the price by $5, so the sooner you bought it, the more value it was... I also realize there would be a huge backlash, even if it was stated, very clearly, up front... And a better way may be to make the game $30 at launch, and just keep adding DLC to a one time 'bundle' at $10, so those that never wanted to spend more, get it at $30, or on sale at some point, and those that like it, spent the extra $10, and get extra content out of it as time passes...

News Comments > WHO Recognizes "Gaming Disorder"
7. Re: WHO Recognizes May 26, 2019, 18:18 Alamar

The problem isn't that there are a number of folks that fall into the category meeting the criteria for a 'gaming disorder'... The problem is that a crap ton of ass hats will claim that every (or most) gamer suffers from that diagnosis.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
25. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 13:23 Alamar

Mordhaus wrote on May 19, 2019, 02:57:
I've even posted a while back calling him out as a corporate shill.

You do have to realize this hyberbole is actually what invalidates your argument, though... I hope...

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo