Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2366 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

11. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:07 Alamar

This is impressive... Two weeks into 2020, and they're already committing to another ~50 free games... Yes please ; )

It's worked out quite well for me personally, as there have been a few I have some interest in, like Subnautica, and Sundered (this week), that I got to try. Didn't end up liking Subnautica enough to keep going after a few hours, but the game is so pretty : )

Sundered though... Holy shit, that game is hitting all the right spots for me... Fast paced and tight Platformer controls... A good Rogue-Like progression system... Actual 'builds' that can vary (I just switched to a 4 Perk Pure Shield build that I'm enjoying). I'm going to be quite sad when I run out of content in the next few days, but maybe I'll try another of the games I've gotten this past year (or the dozens still unplayed on Steam heh).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Sundered: Eldritch Edition for Free

3. Re: Get Sundered: Eldritch Edition for Free Jan 10, 2020, 11:21 Alamar

So it's a Rogue Like Platformer with a 'passive tree' style progression system... VERY combat heavy... Like, a dozen things attacking you at once at times pretty early in the game. I'm enjoying it a good deal more than I had expected vs when I originally looked into gameplay streams.  

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

18. Re: Get Shadow Tactics for Free Dec 29, 2019, 11:28 Alamar

mirthy wrote on Dec 28, 2019, 18:37:
Twitch also gives free games if you have prime.

Is something really free if you only get it if you pay money?

News Comments > Ubisoft AI Teaches Itself to Drive

10. Re: Ubisoft AI Teaches Itself to Drive Dec 28, 2019, 10:21 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2019, 00:28:
public DrivingDirection VehicleDirection(bool blocked)
{
xxxx drivingDirection DrivingDirection = new DrivingDirection();
xxxx drivingDirection = straight;
xxxx if (blocked) drivingDirection = right;
xxxx return drivingDirection;
}

Syntax error: Line 3: reversed type vs name.

News Comments > Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free

9. Re: Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free Dec 26, 2019, 13:35 Alamar

Vids/promotions of this game never did it for me... But maybe I'll check it out some day now that it's in my owned list...  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Wishlist and Review Plans

9. Re: Epic Games Store Wishlist and Review Plans Dec 19, 2019, 12:27 Alamar

Icewind wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 12:01:
First, it won't automatically load if you run a game the way Steam does. Instead, you have to run the app first and then the game you tried to run will initiate...but not a moment until you manually start the app.

I haven't had this experience... I have a shortcut for BL3, and another for EGS, and I just launch BL3 and it goes right to the game, and quickly...

Secondly, it takes a disturbingly long time for EGS to load. I sometimes wait as long as 10 minutes for it to fully boot, whereas Steam, GOG, and Origin all instantly load for me and always have even at peak times.

Also haven't had this experience... Testing it... now... Took 10s to get to the main page... Never really noticed it feeling slow before, but 10s seems long when I'm counting it heh. Steam just took 8s after closing it and reopening. Did the same for EGS and it took 7s that time.

And last but not least, when I tried to buy Borderlands 3 the first time off of the Epic app, my credit card company blocked it as an "untrusted app" and flagged the transaction and froze my account. I had to unfreeze it and tell them that the transaction attempt was valid, then go back and order the game off the app again.

I've had this problem with my one CC company... I didn't get frozen, but I did have to call them multiple times to post-pre-authorize attempted purchases... From the same vendor... Three years in a row... And maybe again in a week if something catches my eye during Boxing Day/Week sales. My point is... Likely an automated service that has nothing to do with EGS (outside of them not having yet dealt with EGS enough to pass their 'trust' check). Unless they have a Cantankerous BluesNewsian Curmudgeon on their payroll heh.

News Comments > PC Halo Reach Released

9. Re: PC Halo Reach Released Dec 3, 2019, 18:55 Alamar

Installed this from Xbox Game Pass, which I had forgotten to cancel when I grabbed it for Outer Worlds... And when I hit Play... Nothing... No error... no loading icons/cursor/etc... Nothing... Well done MS!  

News Comments > On Diablo IV Leveling

6. Re: On Diablo IV Leveling Nov 20, 2019, 11:39 Alamar

Infinite levels in D3 makes sense, because there's nothing variant about progressing one Demon Hunter vs a second... And because, at least during seasons, those goals required a lot more than just hitting max level to work towards them... And with how ridiculously fast power leveling worked, the (seasonal) game didn't even start until max level.

If your choices are locked in, and the most powerful (or interesting) loot is rare enough that it makes you want to rebuild a character with another set of skills (assuming they get locked in this time), the replayability is already there for those people. Not a fan of this myself, because I like respec'n, and not being locked into a shitty build.

However, I also level through PoE a dozen times every league, because I like trying new things, so if D4 had some of that system, it might work out well... But it seems unlikely. That would require a lot of post-launch development. They'll have a lot of post-launch support, but as a buy once game, and how the goals of the industry have shifted these last 20+ years, that's hard to imagine being likely.

News Comments > Path of Exile 2 Announced

15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2019, 10:22 Alamar

Rhett wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 09:51:
With all the Tencent money flying around (GGG is included), my sights are now on Wolcen. Very fun game. Though of course Tencent has money in it, too.

It's seemingly inescapable.

A friend bought me Wolcen early on, and I was sad that I just didn't enjoy it... Then they came out with the Full Chapter One content patch, with a bunch of other changes... And it was great... Did some neat things, had some cool skills... Up until the final boss, I was enjoying the shit out of it... Looking forward to the full release ; )

News Comments > Path of Exile 2 Announced

14. Re: Path of Exile 2 Announced Nov 16, 2019, 10:19 Alamar

I get all the confusion about timing and vs D4 and what not... But this event has been planned/public for like 9+ months... The 4.0 reveal (Not sure why they're also calling it PoE 2; probably due to the new engine) has been expected... As was the next league mechanic.

It's bringing some fundamental changes to the way skill gem acquisition, usage, and leveling, which looks mostly good, but begs some questions.

It's another massive content release, much like 3.0, but yes, just like <insert 99% of companies>, it's been announced 'too soon' to get the hype train going. The irony here for me though, is that it'll just tarnish every league going forward until it's out...

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

19. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 9, 2019, 11:15 Alamar

<Insert Simpsons Principal Out of Touch Meme>

I just don't understand all the hype for this game... Since the first announcement, or maybe even before, because of whoever this Kojima guy is... I've tried to sit through the trailer and some other vid, but I just don't get it...

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

76. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 21:01 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:23:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:14:
Hump wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 10:29:
Path of Exile
Thats all.
POE is an online-only game with an in-your-face MTX shop.
All of which are either cosmetic or additional storage/character slots, none of them impact game play.

If your argument is that the additional storage doesn't impact game play, I'm just gonna assume you've played single digit hours...

News Comments > Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice

2. Re: Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice Oct 23, 2019, 11:31 Alamar

Ahhh the old less product for more money plan... I'm sure that will work out so very well for them...

But wait, there's more... If you ACT NOW... During this HIGH PRESSURE advertisement...

Fuck em...

News Comments > P1R4T3S Ann0unc3d

4. Re: P1R4T3S Ann0unc3d Oct 22, 2019, 10:03 Alamar

Sadly, kind of... Names are important to me, which makes this an auto pass.  

News Comments > Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remaster Rumors

17. Re: Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remaster Rumors Oct 21, 2019, 15:39 Alamar

Looking forward to seeing some actual news on this... Not sure I care about 2, but if the price is reasonable (unlikely), I might give it another go... Was always so hard getting back into it's horrifically bad graphics after Titan Quest came out, and while I enjoyed II at launch, and after the expansion, I wasn't obsessed with ARPGs like I appear to be now with PoE (Especially this league).  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Previews New Races

6. Re: World of Warcraft Previews New Races Oct 8, 2019, 10:45 Alamar

I am so whet right now...

Was so hoping for Vulpera, like millions of others, but am also so sad there will be no mini kitty. Now I just have to figure out which class to level... again...

Some other juicy changes, and holy shit, finally, an Auction House update.

News Comments > Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA

11. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:18 Alamar

Blue wrote:
- Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
- Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.

Not fucking over current customers in an attempt to reel more in? Good times : )

News Comments > Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford

2. Re: Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford Sep 30, 2019, 11:52 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 11:34:
Took him 3 years to find a scummy lawyer that would take his case, gotta admire his persistance.

Why would this take a scummy lawyer?

Sounds like dude has every right to be paid for his work, again... Though if it's royalty based, I can't imagine he'd get much with the lack of success Duke shit has gotten this last decade or so.

News Comments > CODE VEIN in the Membrane

9. Re: CODE VEIN in the Membrane Sep 27, 2019, 13:27 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 12:47:
Why is there an unskirt shot at 24 seconds?

Or better question - who enjoys upskirt shots of anime characters?

Did you not notice the massive popularity of that anime game last year, that I can't think of the name of... Main character in skimpy clothes, and many such camera angles in promotion.

News Comments > Cat Quest II Released

1. Re: Cat Quest II Released Sep 24, 2019, 11:40 Alamar

Picked up the first for my Daughter, who loves cats (and calls herself half cat), because it's such an adorable game, with some pretty telegraphed Action RPG good times... And then picked up a copy for myself for those same reasons. Neither of us beat it, but I'm glad to see it was successful enough for them to make a sequel.  

2366 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >