Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2180 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rogue Trooper Redux Released
3. Re: Rogue Trooper Redux Released Oct 18, 2017, 14:19 Alamar

Thoroughly enjoyed this when it came out... Added some RPG elements to a shooter, which was unusual at the time... Interesting enough story too.

Buying it again when it came out on Steam sucked though, as it wasn't compatible with Win 10 (or whatever OS was relevant at the time), so I'm happy for the Redux, at least when the price (for a remake) is reasonable ; )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 10:41 Alamar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 00:54:
I'd bet there are less than 1 million active players at any given time. The game is just getting to be a bit stale.

1 million active players is a bit stale?

That seems like an odd argument, or are those two sentences supposed to be unrelated?

News Comments > ELEX Released
4. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:36 Alamar

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:33:
What's a game from PB gonna be like with half the team gone from the company? Nervous Fingerscrossed

Better, I hope...

News Comments > BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo
3. Re: BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers Demo Oct 14, 2017, 08:54 Alamar

Maybe it's my advancing age... But I can't take a game seriously (and even bother to look into it) with a name like this...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
15. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 12:38 Alamar

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 11:56:
DarkCntry wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 10:07:
Hell though, I'm just surprised the first reply wasn't someone complaining about the lootboxes despite them being wholly inconsequential.

Are they, though? From an ArsTechnica article on loot boxes:

Multiple pre-release reviews of the game have confirmed that its "100 percent" completion state is locked behind an end-game mode called Shadow Wars, which hinges largely on players' ability to recruit "more powerful" allies in the game. To do this, players must use the game's loot-box recruitment system, and reviews indicate that this is tied to a random number generator. Your probability of unlocking a worthy ally, therefore, goes up as you open more loot boxes. Doing so by simply using in-game credits takes a lot longer than opening up your wallet.

:-shrug-:

Sounds like an extension to the same argument... Nothing is locked out by not buying loot boxes for cash, but buying loot boxes for cash unlocks things quicker.

I (still) don't see that as a problem...

What I personally don't like, is when games release DLC Content which adds achievements, taking that initial 100% completion to 80% of whatever. Playstation works around this by awarding their Platinum Trophies based on base game only (at least in the few cases I've cared to look into). But this is all moot, because of the hundreds of games I've beaten, there were single digit numbers of games I wanted to 100% on, so I'll stop ranting about tangents : )

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
3. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 10:17 Alamar

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 09:44:
The FoV is 60, with no way to change it. I'm sorry, but there is just absolutely no excuse for this in any game released in the last 25 years. It is almost impossible to comprehend, borderline criminal.

Avoid this game like the plague.

This is certainly surprising... I mean that they didn't include an FoV slider (Though I bet there'll be a workaround in the next week), not the hyperbole in this post ; )

News Comments > Extinction Trailer
1. Re: Extinction Trailer Oct 4, 2017, 22:17 Alamar

Looks kind of neat : )  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
1. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 10:23 Alamar

That Survival Mode looks kind of cool... And annoying heh... The lower carry weight will probably suck more than the other changes though ; )  

News Comments > Hawken PC Sunset Coming
5. Re: Hawken PC Sunset Coming Oct 2, 2017, 22:42 Alamar

I still remember the first vid I saw of this many years ago... Looked pretty badass... Never did play it though, as I'm not into MP no mo ; )  

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Coming to PCs
6. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Coming to PCs Oct 2, 2017, 18:14 Alamar

That's cool... I enjoyed the demo on PS4 a while back, but not enough to run out and buy it... And it's hard to get myself to play on there when everything is so much better on PC... So the chance of getting it for cheap on PS4 just became zero.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Warmonger Trailer Oct 2, 2017, 14:27 Alamar

I assume you mean grey market crap like nuuvem... But GMG has it for a little less using their usual 20% coupon... I posted about it in a previous thread, but don't have that info atm.  

News Comments > Hob Now Available
4. Re: Hob Now Available Sep 27, 2017, 16:40 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 01:56:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 01:52:
Hob looks pretty good! Reminds me of Bastion, but more puzzly.

Great little game for sitting on the couch with a controller.

As long as you don't do that via steamlink, which causes it to crash.. seems to be a pretty rough launch (Also I had no idea Ogre engine still even exists)

I got this on GOG, and have hit many crashes... Stopped playing, and will consider a refund if it continues. Looks like a new version hit (again), so will try that first.

Irregardless of the crashes, I wouldn't recommend it for the gameplay, but I'm hopeful that opinion will change with seeing more of the upgrades and such.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
10. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 22, 2017, 11:35 Alamar

NKD wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:44:
I hope they don't become one of those companies that goes around suing anyone who has anything that has even remotely similar gameplay.

I hope they do... No faster way for them to lose money, and learn from their bullshit.

Did PUBG do anything original? Serious question... No interest in it, and didn't even know Fortnite had a Battle Royale mode, which as a game concept has been around since what, the first generation of shooters?

News Comments > Steam User Reviews Change
1. Re: Steam User Reviews Change Sep 19, 2017, 20:49 Alamar

Wow... That's actually a really good feature...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 17:25 Alamar

Funluvncriminl wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 16:47:
Yea, that trailer was pretty badass. I dont care about the microtrans actions, they are just for people who are too impatient to get some look they like from just playing the game. I loved the first one. Got mine preordered for 42$.

$42 is a good deal... Which urged me to check GMG's usual 20% coupon... They're selling it for $50.99, but the coupon I found on slickdeals (35SOW), dropped it to $33.14 USD. Which is about half what I would be getting it for elsewhere, so ya, I'm gonna jump on that... Loved the first... Loot boxes don't bother me (it's just another RNG format).

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Sep 12, 2017, 15:14 Alamar

I'm still on the fence... Thoroughly enjoyed the first, and played through twice, which is still pretty rare for me.

But launch prices suck, especially up here... Can get it cheaper on GMG, which is nice, and hasn't happened for years (with Steam prices beating GMG after exchange).

Really depends on how much I'm jonesing for something while I wait on Destiny 2... Been playing Borderlands Pre-Sequel obsessively lately, but I can't expect that to last over a month. Maybe I'll pick up Metroid ; )

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
14. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:03 Alamar

Slick wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 01:36:
What's a pro-tard?

I'm assembling my fuckwit to English dictionary, I'd appreciate a proper definition.

The guy you're responding to... Didn't think anyone could be worse than Cutter, but holy shit...

As for all the bitching about them announcing DLC 3 days after console launch, could someone source that? Blues news up there very specifically states it wasn't announced, but lists a tweet where the usual token response of denying it until it's announced. Which people would also bitch about...

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
7. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 22:37 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:42:
You guys really need to wait until the game ships before announcing DLC.

The game is already out...

And... Just look at Destiny 1's release dates... It's not hard to figure out the pattern.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
38. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 21:44 Alamar

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 20:51:
I've played Destiny, Destiny 1.5..errr 2 and Warframe and Warframe is superior to both version of Destiny. Plus it's free*.

* - It's recommended that you buy a little platinum to open up slots and stuff for more weapons and Warframes but the cash investment to get rolling in Warframe is a lot less than getting into Destiny 2 (considering extremely pricey DLCs and expansions that will gimp you if you don't get them are a certainty as per the original Destiny).

I've played a few hundred hours of Warframe, though not much in the last 2 years or so, because it's so hard to get back into it when shit has changed so much. I'd like a story/unlock reset that lets me start a new frame from the beginning, but it doesn't work like that...

Anyhow... Was just meaning to say that I agree that Warframe's grind is far superior (as in, more grindy) than Destiny, so ya, it has that : )

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 29, 2017, 14:47 Alamar

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:21:
Alamar wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:06:
Which ran really well (after disabling AA/lowering Shadows, like I do on most titles at 4K, on a 980 Ti)... I wasn't staring at the frame rate during the Strike (that I played 3 times), but did not notice any frame rate issues, and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. Probably helps that I played with a friend that wouldn't run off every time I died heh (and vice versa).

Think this will be enjoyable playing solo? Are pub groups a thing? My gaming opportunities tend to be rather random and inconsistent, so any kind of regular gaming time with others is unlikely for me.

Oh, and I'm most likely all in on Shadow of War too. Had a lot of fun with the first one

I enjoyed the first solo... There's a storyline progression (One of the aspects they focused on for the second), so I expect to also enjoy the second this way. Much like other 'MMO' style games though, there's the campaign, then the 'real game', which is mostly about doing the same content over and over until DLC. I've played MMOs on and off for 15 years, and 95% of that time solo, so it's a good fit for me ; )

2180 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo