Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2356 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

19. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 9, 2019, 11:15 Alamar

<Insert Simpsons Principal Out of Touch Meme>

I just don't understand all the hype for this game... Since the first announcement, or maybe even before, because of whoever this Kojima guy is... I've tried to sit through the trailer and some other vid, but I just don't get it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

76. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 21:01 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:23:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 13:14:
Hump wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 10:29:
Path of Exile
Thats all.
POE is an online-only game with an in-your-face MTX shop.
All of which are either cosmetic or additional storage/character slots, none of them impact game play.

If your argument is that the additional storage doesn't impact game play, I'm just gonna assume you've played single digit hours...

News Comments > Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice

2. Re: Humble Monthly Becoming Multi-Tiered Humble Choice Oct 23, 2019, 11:31 Alamar

Ahhh the old less product for more money plan... I'm sure that will work out so very well for them...

But wait, there's more... If you ACT NOW... During this HIGH PRESSURE advertisement...

Fuck em...

News Comments > P1R4T3S Ann0unc3d

4. Re: P1R4T3S Ann0unc3d Oct 22, 2019, 10:03 Alamar

Sadly, kind of... Names are important to me, which makes this an auto pass.  

News Comments > Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remaster Rumors

17. Re: Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remaster Rumors Oct 21, 2019, 15:39 Alamar

Looking forward to seeing some actual news on this... Not sure I care about 2, but if the price is reasonable (unlikely), I might give it another go... Was always so hard getting back into it's horrifically bad graphics after Titan Quest came out, and while I enjoyed II at launch, and after the expansion, I wasn't obsessed with ARPGs like I appear to be now with PoE (Especially this league).  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Previews New Races

6. Re: World of Warcraft Previews New Races Oct 8, 2019, 10:45 Alamar

I am so whet right now...

Was so hoping for Vulpera, like millions of others, but am also so sad there will be no mini kitty. Now I just have to figure out which class to level... again...

Some other juicy changes, and holy shit, finally, an Auction House update.

News Comments > Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA

11. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:18 Alamar

Blue wrote:
- Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
- Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.

Not fucking over current customers in an attempt to reel more in? Good times : )

News Comments > Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford

2. Re: Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford Sep 30, 2019, 11:52 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 11:34:
Took him 3 years to find a scummy lawyer that would take his case, gotta admire his persistance.

Why would this take a scummy lawyer?

Sounds like dude has every right to be paid for his work, again... Though if it's royalty based, I can't imagine he'd get much with the lack of success Duke shit has gotten this last decade or so.

News Comments > CODE VEIN in the Membrane

9. Re: CODE VEIN in the Membrane Sep 27, 2019, 13:27 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 12:47:
Why is there an unskirt shot at 24 seconds?

Or better question - who enjoys upskirt shots of anime characters?

Did you not notice the massive popularity of that anime game last year, that I can't think of the name of... Main character in skimpy clothes, and many such camera angles in promotion.

News Comments > Cat Quest II Released

1. Re: Cat Quest II Released Sep 24, 2019, 11:40 Alamar

Picked up the first for my Daughter, who loves cats (and calls herself half cat), because it's such an adorable game, with some pretty telegraphed Action RPG good times... And then picked up a copy for myself for those same reasons. Neither of us beat it, but I'm glad to see it was successful enough for them to make a sequel.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch

33. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 10:51 Alamar

Darks wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 14:04:
Anything spewing out of Bitchfords mouth is nothing but toxic shit. Take anything he says with a heavy dose of salt. And gargle in the morning twice.

Did you just describe half the people that post here regularly?

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

66. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 14, 2019, 11:11 Alamar

Thoroughly enjoying the (Melee Amara) gameplay so far, and it runs flawlessly for me on EGS... Does all the things I want, and none of the BS Steam does that I don't.

Coop is ridiculously easy to play with friends, and even after I left a coop game, and finished a quest before where we started at, it asked if I wanted to skip all the shit I did in another session.

Didn't enjoy coop FL4K as much though. Stealth skill seemed like it'd be great, but you really need a specific high damage weapon to benefit from the 3 shot part. But also felt like I just wasn't getting any interesting weapons on that character (yet).

The QoL changes are great too, though it also reminds me of the annoying shit that didn't change (Like tracking multiple quests on the map, or even being able to use the quest switching keys on the map screen).

But overall, good times, and I'm going back to fixate on it again ; ) ~18h played so far.

News Comments > Conarium Free on Epic Games Store

15. Re: Conarium Free on Epic Games Store Sep 13, 2019, 16:35 Alamar

Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 16:27:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 22:30:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 21:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 21:25:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 20:37:
Snagged.
ditto's

nobody cares if you snagged it.

Nobody cares that you don't care that I snagged it.

It's turtles all the way down from here.

So stop telling people you snagged a freebie. Nobody cares what you grabbed. People don't care if someone saved 15% or more on their car insurance. Rolleyes

Your ignorance is showing... And you don't speak for others... If you want to be a dick, maybe put a second more thought into it first ; )

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads

15. Re: Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads Sep 4, 2019, 10:57 Alamar

Nice to see GB got their part done in time... And even nicer that I'll be playing at 7pm on the 12th ; )  

News Comments > Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations

42. Re: Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations Aug 27, 2019, 20:30 Alamar

ventry wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 20:07:
Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 12:43:
The first story is quite lengthy but basically alleges both rape and some sort of industry blacklisting. Blue provided a brief summary so I'm not sure what the problem is. The second centers around Zoe Quinn and is totally unrelated.

As for the allegations themselves, I'll just re-iterate what I usually say and that without criminal prosecution its he/she said situations that don't seem to go anywhere. I don't subscribe to automatic belief/callout culture, we have legal systems in place to handle rapists and prevent them from hurting others. Once prosecuted we also have avenues such as impact statements and support systems to help victims move on and receive ongoing support if needed. It's not a perfect system but it's what we have. Callout culture is more flawed as every false accusation undermines overall credibility of all victims and adds to the burden of those that want to come forward. Both of these allegations seem to have happened in Canada which to my limited understanding of Canadian law has no statute of limitations so all the more reason to talk to the authorities instead of twitter.

About sums it up for me.
If it can be proven in a court of law then the perpetrators deserve to suffer the full weight of the law.

That pesky innocent until PROVEN guilty thing.

However it always makes me suspicious revealing such alleged crimes on "social media" vs. "the relevant Authorities" (referring to Zoe Quinn only.)

I'm lazy, and don't want to read the article heh... But did she state she didn't go to the authorities, or is this just more of people assuming shit didn't happen because of their own perceptions?

And I'm not asking this question so that dumb-assess can parade around thinking their opinion on something they know nearly nothing about is justified...

Had a crime happened (here or anywhere, rape or otherwise), and a person did not go to the authorities, can't you people think of a dozen... A hundred... Reasons why that person would be afraid to?

I mean... Ya'll are a bunch of Internet tough guys right? Some of you say some ridiculously stupid shit here, that you'd be afraid to say to half of the other people here in person, so can't you at least use a wee bit of that self-awareness to realize that it's also so much easier to have the 'courage' to say something online when it's so hard to say it elsewhere?

News Comments > Telling Lies Released (Honest!)

6. Re: Telling Lies Released (Honest!) Aug 24, 2019, 12:58 Alamar

Johnny Johnny...  

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare

12. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 13:31 Alamar

I find all this publisher worship (positive or negative) to be silly, but I was never into celebrity obsession (even in gaming) either...

I don't care what EA or Activision are doing... Whether I buy their games or not... If an interesting game comes out, I don't much care who made it... It's judged on it's own. Thinking all future games from some pubs, or devs, will be shit, is just asinine.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Anthem, though I did 'burn out' on it fairly quickly. Just went back and obsessed over Division 2 though, so maybe I'll do the same with Anthem next... I'm sure both games have some nice improvements since I played them around launch.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released

2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 11:58 Alamar

I looked into the base game with their recent (quite large) sale... But holy hell, are people bashing the update. Wasn't sure I'd get much out of the game as it was, but I steered my $5 or so away due to that.  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads

4. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 11:55 Alamar

That's such bullshit... I don't want to wait a few hours, or half a day to start playing... I'm canceling and waiting 6 months instead...  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Skill Trees

13. Re: Borderlands 3 Skill Trees Aug 12, 2019, 13:26 Alamar

So I was planning on Amara/Siren first... But that FL4K tree looks more fun... Nice to see the series finally get more active skill variety too : )  

2356 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >