Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2200 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bungie Backs off Destiny 2 Misstep
2. Re: Bungie Backs off Destiny 2 Misstep Dec 12, 2017, 11:15 Alamar

Good on them for admitting an oversight (in the best case), and quickly implementing a solution...

Hopefully, the solution improves as they have more time with it... As in, the raid should be available to each power level, but that would require significantly higher effort (including some UI changes).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin
11. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin Dec 11, 2017, 14:02 Alamar

Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:50:
Well, there should be a secure method of identification then to make sure 18+ means 18+. I'm sure people would be able to bypass it, but it would solve a big chunk of problems with 8 year olds spending $1000 on candy crush.

This isn't a problem that needs solving... It was already solved years ago... Teach your kids what those tactics mean, and why they need to be avoided... If that fails for your kids (Worked fine for ours), don't enable purchases on your kids devices.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Released
4. Re: SpellForce 3 Released Dec 8, 2017, 00:50 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 22:37:
Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 16:47:
Good to hear. Unfortunately I won't even consider buying it until they make some statement about resolving the AMD issues with it. Such a shame too because it looks great.

Somebody else on here also had an AMD cpu, and was able to play the beta... I am blanking on the person's alias, but it might be something other than the CPU giving you issues.

Not all AMD CPUs are the same either... And not all combinations of other parts are irrelevant... I was going to respond to the poster you're referring to, but he message was pretty dickish...

Hopefully the company is able to get enough relevant info to figure out what's causing it and resolve it... Intermittent issues can be a pain in the ass to track down, and there are so very few helpful users (Not blaming them for being pissed shit isn't working, but it'll always be the nature of PC gaming).

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer
2. Re: SpellForce 3 Orc Trailer Nov 29, 2017, 16:00 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:22:
Looks good, still tempted to pre-order before the 7th, although pre-ordering in this day and age just supports bad developer behavior.

I'm almost at the point of grabbing it... Though I'm 90% sure I wouldn't beat it, because the previous ones I played were very very long campaigns. But if I get to the 6th, and have too much free time, and am feeling super bored, I'll probably get it heh.

And this is knowing full well that there will be a number of launch bugs... And that might be enough to turn me off for a month... I really should just try to play through SPAZ 2 or something, as I just noticed yesterday it finally left EA.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
4. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 26, 2017, 00:08 Alamar

I'm definitely going to pick this up when I have enough time that I think I can get through it...

Main problem I had though, was when you want to move workers from one building to another, you can't just remove a single worker (unless it's already fixed); you have to unload them all, then re-add the number you want.

I did like that I had carts going between my zones all over the place, but the zones themselves seemed so close together, and so abundant... I only ended up creating some basic unit (because I got some blueprints that upgraded them), so didn't get to try varied types.

The various heals, and AOE attacks were fun against peons too : )

News Comments > More Boxing with Loot Boxing
14. Re: More Boxing with Loot Boxing Nov 24, 2017, 08:32 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 01:22:
Slick wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 01:16:
Lootbox progression has been in gaming since the beginning...

Ask your grandpa about how he used to ROLL THE DIE to find out what loot he got playing DnD.

Give me a fucking break. Luck, Chance. These mechanics are fundamental to gaming, and have been engrained for over 40 years.
Totally misses the point. You didn't have to cough up $5 to roll those dice. The complaint isn't RNG sucks. The complaint is having to pay extra to even get a RNG roll. And the fact progression is sometimes essentially locked behind a payment requirement.

Not totally... He makes a great point that no one else seems to be thinking about in this whole controversy...

We're gamers... We're the experts... We (mostly) understand that a paid loot box, like in Battlefront II, Shadow of War, etc, could be considered gambling, and therefore need a gambling license to keep that kind of shit in...

But who's going to be the ones stating that Game A has gambling, but Game B doesn't? Because I'm afraid that many more games are going to be in list A (gambling) erroneously, than those in list B erroneously.

And if gambling is determined by RNG + $$$, the easy solution for publishers is to keep it all in the game, but remove the RNG...

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer
4. Re: SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer Nov 16, 2017, 01:04 Alamar

Looking good, and I'm looking forward to trying it out...

The massive number of units at the end though, looked pretty silly...

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 01:01 Alamar

The thing that helped my Destiny performance near launch was turning Defender Real Time Scan off... Not sure what they fucked up with RS3 (a few days before), but it's been resolved already, so at least there is that ; )  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 10:36 Alamar

How odd... Seems like a very relevant comment to me ; )  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Underway
1. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Underway Nov 11, 2017, 19:23 Alamar

I may jump into this... Ended up thoroughly enjoying the Necro's Spinny Bone Armor set...

Also, for those that find the following the most important bit of info for a new league, like I do:

Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 12:

Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
Crusader – Seeker of the Light
Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
10. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 9, 2017, 11:05 Alamar

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:37:
I gotta say, it would freak ME out to have had to work without any of the things they bargained for. The money part isn’t what’s concerning, it’s the unknown factors that would bother me. They still don’t have to tell the actor what game they’re voicing, which is bullshit. “Oh, you’ll be working on a tiny project no one’s heard of”, and two years later there’s your voice as the main character of a new Uncharted series, and you got $2000.

I agree the changes to give the VA more info about the role is good... Getting associated with something that you're against (or don't want on your record) would suck...

But telling all your VAs, that might have very little interest in keeping your secret (other than the NDA, which is hard to enforce), what hyped game sequel they can now reveal, is a bad idea.

As for the $2k, I don't know why that's relevant. I don't support royalties, so it doesn't matter if the game does well or not (and the above includes royalties by another name anyways), but if it does do well, that VA is likely to get more work as a result.

News Comments > Telltale Layoffs
4. Re: Telltale Layoffs Nov 7, 2017, 23:45 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:42:
Always nice to let people go just around Xmas time, isn't it?

Better to let some go, than everyone... We've all seen many studios close, or worse, be bought by EA, heh...

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Launched
1. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Launched Nov 7, 2017, 16:19 Alamar

Not a full price launch, which is good for a port... But still too much for me to jump onto yet...  

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse)
10. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse) Nov 3, 2017, 13:59 Alamar

Ultimately moot for myself, but what a silly decision.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 12:12 Alamar

Nioh'ce... Didn't realize the PC edition was this close... Too busy with Destiny 2 to grab it, and wasn't willing to pay launch price on PS4, so hopefully in half a year it's at a good point ; )  

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale Begins
6. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Begins Oct 27, 2017, 00:14 Alamar

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 23:43:
you need to buy a lot of real garbage.

Indeed... Steam says I have 566... And I stopped adding keys for all my purchases a year or two ago... I have 85 unclaimed keys on Humble, for example... And when I was subbed to the Bundle Stars and Indie Gala spam, I would occasionally buy one of those for a single game, and just leave the rest alone...

Though, on the other hand, it'd be cool to have over 1k heh... But it becomes so unwieldy to manage... I mostly keep my list on 'Installed', which is actually about 50 games right now... Most of which have gotten a few minutes at least : )

Bought 3 more in this sale too... Aquaria, Strikey Sisters, and Tricky Towers... The latter two to play some local Coop/MP with my daughter : )

News Comments > Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend
2. Re: Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend Oct 26, 2017, 20:49 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 20:16:
So Arc is exactly the same price it was before?

- Double the price
- 50% off 'sale'
- ???
- Profit

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
9. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 22:34 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 21:20:
These are usually really competitive or professional players.

I've been pretty competitive... And I love to win... Which is why I never cheat... Cheating invalidates the 'win', so there's no joy to take from it... At least for me.

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
6. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 22:36 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 21:00:
hammered http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/destiny-2

metacritic at launch has, and always will be, useless... Too many dumbasses with shitty 10 or 0 reviews, skewing the scores with their fanboi BS praising, or their ridiculous BS complaints...

Personally loving the game atm myself ; )

4K@60 feels gooooood ; )

News Comments > Battle.net Launches New Social Features
2. Re: Battle.net Launches New Social Features Oct 23, 2017, 21:26 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:20:
I have created a Blues News group

You need to supply the link or code, for people to find the group...

2200 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo