Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2070 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration
1. Re: Gone Gold - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Sep 24, 2016, 16:10 Alamar

Shouldn't the definitive experience for any game be the one that is available at launch... Glad I held off on this one ; )  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 12:44 Alamar

The last time I dropped my Galaxy S4, it 'encouraged' me to upgrade to a new phone, which at the time, was the Nexus 6, while going out of stock, which I realize makes my whole post pointless... Nevertheless...

I really like the Nexus 6, and I imagine the updated model is also nice. The size difference is noticeable, and every time I pick up the wife's S4, I'm shocked at how 'tiny' it feels. No problems with it so far, but I'm sure at some point, I'll drop it and it'll again 'encourage' me to upgrade ; )

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2016, 14:52 Alamar

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:00:
I'm really enjoying DX. It's a shame they fubared the ending so bad, as the rest of the game is a blast...

Not sure if you're talking about this one, or the last one... : )

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:40 Alamar

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:12:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:09:
nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
Reviews say the gameplay is good, but the ending is bad. But I've also seen folks say it takes 20+ hours to get to the end, so 20 hours of good DX is good for me, even if the ending is subpar.

I haven't read any reviews since I am more or less going in to it blind but is it a rushed story telling kind bad or cliffhanger kind of bad?

According to the reviews it is rushed, i.e. you happen to bump into a boss fight more or less accidentally, long before any loose ends are tied up, and then the credits roll by.

Don't worry guys... I'm sure the DLC will clear up the story confusion!

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
34. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 14:36 Alamar

I don't understand... The game is out Tuesday, but there are reviews before Tuesday... I thought this wasn't allowed anymore : )  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 7 Begins
1. Re: Diablo III Season 7 Begins Aug 6, 2016, 11:21 Alamar

Was teasing Krovven about Power Leveling me, but I really can't see myself playing this season... Demon Invasions on Tuesday... Legion content on the 30th... I'm a bit obsessive, so I don't imagine I would be able to pull myself away long enough to unlock the stash tab, which is kind of the only point now...

I mean, the point is to enjoy it, and I do love their combat, but once I get the stash tab, my will to play becomes zero...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
22. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Jul 30, 2016, 15:33 Alamar

shiho wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 04:19:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 04:15:
shiho wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 03:18:
I remember buying Deus Ex: HR, and talking to an early NPC, which was some sort of hobo woman living near a trash can, who mysteriously had lots of coherent and useful information about the world around me.

Given how I live in a hobo-infested city, that experience was jarringly unrealistic and put me off the game permanently.

Can't tell if serious..? If so, I assume you never played the original DX. It was full of surprisingly well-informed hobos.

Partially kidding, but partially serious. Deus Ex was what, 15 years ago? I've grown weary of lifeless NPC infodumps a long time ago, and it's not my fault that the industry has completely failed to move forward in most directions, except for advancements in UI and graphics detail.

But how many real life hobo's have you talked to? I imagine a lot of them are surprisingly knowledgeable : )

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 25, 2016, 15:51 Alamar

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 14:12:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:29:
No Man's Sky is basically a single player game. Calling it multiplayer is a joke. The only reason for a internet connection is so they can call it multiplayer.

You mean so you can call it multiplayer - and bitch about NMS for yet another imaginary reason.

Over the years the devs went to lengths to explain it`s a single player experience with optional online element...

stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game

...but don`t let this get in a way of your circlejerk

Is it really a circle if there's only one jerk?

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
7. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 18, 2016, 15:48 Alamar

Bub wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 07:30:
I am excited somewhat about the new transmog system, but the class changes not at all. I am still working on my rogues skills and rotations, and now they are going to jumble skills up take away a few and add a few, yuk. I have yet to see an MMO skill rework that was a real major gameplay improvement, usually its just a mish mash of meaningless changes. In this case I think Blizz is determined to eventually release a console version so skills get trimmed, views standardized to be console compatible, etc.

Your comment confuses me... You're having trouble learning the 2 year old rotation, but Blizzard trimming skills is also a negative?

I suggest icy-veins.com for rotation/spec suggestions.. Good format, and if you can keep in mind they're only 95% correct, it's a great resource... Especially now that the core abilities tab in the spell book was removed... Which confuses the hell out of me ; )

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2016, 15:45 Alamar

I've gone through a few chairs over the last few decades, and I have never had one where I could pull the cylinder out... I have turned the thing upside down, put the star-pattern-stand across a few tables and hammered the cylinder... It's wedged in very tightly...

Also, the problem with WD-40 is that it's not so useful when the liquid is also unable to get in between the pieces wedged together...

So in short... Good luck ; )

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
2. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 17, 2016, 17:54 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 11:49:
Blizzard better be prepared to meet Retribution and any Rogue players feedback. It's one thing to have it kept to some in beta but it's another thing when it's a live release and everyone can see just how bad they've wrecked certain specs and classes.

I can't put enough distance between me and my Ret Paladin out of fear that I might catch a disease.

What's the problem with Ret, precisely? I prefer the new rotation myself, but I couldn't comment on the numbers... Is it a numbers thing? Which would be tweaked if it's really an issue.

News Comments > Rick and Morty VR Announced
3. Re: Rick and Morty VR Announced Jul 15, 2016, 23:47 Alamar

Such a stupid show... That I enjoy... Kinda neat the one dude voices both main characters...  

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
11. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 5, 2016, 14:52 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 14:18:
Something I understand is Botting for relieving the grind game.

But I've never understood full on cheating like Autoaim and such.. I don't see how people enjoy it. It must be a griefer thing.

Agreed on the cheating confusion...

When asked if I cheat, my response is simple... I like to win too much to cheat... Which is backwards to many people with the 'at any cost' to win mentality... For me, cheating invalidates a win, and again, I like to win : )

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
1. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 21, 2016, 21:54 Alamar

Neat... I should grab this... Curious what it's like...

Oh, it's already in my library...

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
25. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 14:01 Alamar

Almost good enough... What's the point of having a limited time demo, on a game that's already complete?

When it's just like every other demo that exists forever, I'll consider trying it, at which point, they might even make another sale... Otherwise, I'll throw it on isthereanydeal.com and pick it up in 2-3 years... Also note, I don't care about the MP, so there's no rush to get in on that action...

News Comments > Screeps Early Access
1. Re: Screeps Early Access Jun 20, 2016, 12:29 Alamar

for programmers

Awesome...

writing real JavaScript

Oh...

Yes, I'm being elitist... But my interest was piqued, and then squashed... : )

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 14:34 Alamar

DangerDog wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:24:
GinRummy wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:15:
The G in GIF stands for Graphics, so I pronounce it using the same way as the word it stands for. I could see saying JIF if the G stood for Giraffe, but IT DOES NOT.

I defer to the creator of the format and pronounce it JIF out of respect and appreciation for the endless years of service.

Along those same lines the battle still wages over the pronunciation of "Gib and Gibbed" from John Carmack and company.

https://twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/42686279900606464

wtf... I never would have guessed it's Jib and Jibbed... Insta-Jib just rolls off the tongue... : P

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
37. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 14:40 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:03:
Anybody that wanted to play Destiny, most likely already did on the consoles.
I don't see the point of releasing this game on the PC years after it's initial release.
Just keep your pocket change Bungie and erect a few more DLC instead of half assed pc port. It will probably be more profitable

I probably would have played the game if it had been on PC long ago, but I'm never going to buy a new console just for a game... I've had more great PC games to play than I have time to play them anyway. I wouldn't buy it if they released it now because it's too little too late. I'm going to encourage other companies who treat PC gamers better. Like others said, I won't be missing much anyway.

Man... I have only ever purchased a console for one game... Super Mario, Sonic, Soul Calibur, Not sure on the more recent (~15 years) systems, but then Bloodborne... : )

News Comments > Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
1. Re: Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Jun 13, 2016, 20:19 Alamar

Nice... Haven't played this in years, and no longer have the copy...

Edit: Well, now I do ; )

News Comments > Steep Announced
3. Re: Steep Announced Jun 13, 2016, 20:18 Alamar

That looks like it could be pretty fun... For the year or so they keep servers up...  

2070 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo