Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2231 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
19. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 22, 2018, 00:28 Alamar

Creston wrote on May 21, 2018, 16:49:
suddenly you're spending 900 hours on building a microtransaction interface

Holy fuck, that would be nice... CXD developers they are not...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Disdoored Announced
1. Re: Disdoored Announced May 21, 2018, 14:05 Alamar

Nice vid... Neat concept... Too bad it's just not my genre.  

News Comments > Four Free Humble Games
5. Re: Four Free Humble Games May 20, 2018, 00:52 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2018, 10:56:
Alamar wrote on May 19, 2018, 10:46:
Sweet... Went over to get my 'Four Free' games... And it wants money... I don't think that word means what they think it means.
NOPE
All you have to do is click on the game, sign in and download it.

Well, shit... My bad... Page popped up with the bigass Subscribe link, and I made an ass out of ume ; )

News Comments > Four Free Humble Games
3. Re: Four Free Humble Games May 19, 2018, 10:46 Alamar

Sweet... Went over to get my 'Four Free' games... And it wants money... I don't think that word means what they think it means.  

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
14. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 18:02 Alamar

ExGemini wrote on May 9, 2018, 14:35:
I'm old, born 1980.

I do remember back in the days when often the discussion with friends would steer too "wouldn't be amazing if it was multiplayer?".
It often involved great single player games.

I do also remember the hassle to put together a lan back then, with the coaxial before the rj45 was a thing.

Today I often watch this games and wonder how good they would be if they were ment for single player from the ground up.

I remember setting up a home network for my family on coaxial... So we could all share an Internet connection... On Dialup...

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed?
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed? May 9, 2018, 11:11 Alamar

I have 30 items on the Steam Wishlist that I'm not willing to pick up at the current price, so maybe I can trim that down a bit next month... Though, given the last XX years of sales, that's no longer anywhere near a guarantee ; )

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
1. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 11:07 Alamar

Oh sweet... Looks like they're saying it might be out by Christmas of 2019 ; )  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 20:03 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:43:
HoSpanky wrote on May 6, 2018, 13:34:
Woowoo Beat Saber! Always nice to see a VR game get in the top sellers list.

Indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw

For those curious It's a hardcore workout if you get into it.

This is a great game... EA title, hopefully with more content (10 songs atm) coming, and very few (but non-impacting) bugs...

My only complaint is that, being 6'3", the parts where you have to duck are too damn low... My daughter barely has to duck : )

I'm now at a point where the 'Hard' setting for almost all songs is a bit too easy, but the 'Expert' settings are still too hard/fast... I'll keep doing it daily on Hard for a while though : )

News Comments > DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition
4. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 08:56 Alamar

Are Souls games considerably better with a controller? Yes, very much so...

Are they playable after some adjustment with a mouse/keyboard? Yes, very much so...

Do some people play through them with a set of drums, or some other non-standard controllers (Bananas, rock band guitars, etc)? Yes, and it's some pretty weird shit to watch...

But the games aren't for everyone, regardless of input type ; )

News Comments > WoW Expands in August
1. Re: WoW Expands in August Apr 5, 2018, 11:22 Alamar

~5 weeks earlier than their previously released 'on or before' date... : )

Also should push the prepatch back about a month, which I had been expecting around Late July...

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2018, 15:38 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:23:
Wait... this isn't an April Fools' gag? Far Cry 5 is really selling that well?!

Wow... well I'll definitely be interested when the GotY version goes on sale, but it looks like more of the same.

What sequel isn't more of the same? And why is that considered bad?

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2018, 12:45 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 12:15:
If only those other Far Cry 5's could of had the strength of the Far Cry 5 that took down pubg, a day that will live in infamy. There's no rolling that boulder back on this easter.

I was telling my daughter about how crazy popular PUBG has been... Selling like 35 MILLION copies...

She's like... But what about Minecraft... So ya...

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
6. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 11:35 Alamar

I never played Red Faction in their prime... Though I played a later one, with less building explosions (but with some nano rebuilding) which I ended up enjoying (may have even gotten a second playthrough)... So I'm happy with this news ; )

Though really, most remasters update textures, and some other minor bits, but not models, so the end result ends up looking nearly as dated as the original... And that was a turn off for me for this game/series.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Released
6. Re: Far Cry 5 Released Mar 27, 2018, 11:32 Alamar

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 11:13:
Darks wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 10:41:
Everything maxed out running smooth on a 28 inch 4K Samsung monitor at 3840 x 2160 held steady at 60 FPS and I'm behind a few version on drivers too.
Don't you just love it when someone posts fps and "everything maxed" but fails to mention system specs.

The PC Games (I think) review guy said he had a 980 (and the other guy a 1070) and was getting a solid 60 fps, which he found surprising, with everything at ultra minus an option or two... But didn't mention 4K, so I assume 1080p... Not sure why you'd be surprised a 980 or 1070 would run well enough at 1080 though...

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
34. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 18:13 Alamar

Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 16:24:
I'd say that for me Arizona Sunshine is the closest VR has had so far to a killer app. It is pretty awesome actually. As to good seated VR experiences, I'd add Everspace to the mix. I have to turn on cockpit mode to avoid the nausea I get after playing for 10 or 15 minutes but it's pretty great. I'd love to see the upcoming Mechwarrior 5 with a VR mode. That has been a fantasy of mine from the day i first played Mechwarrior in the 90's.

You should give Archangel a try while you're waiting on Mech 5 VR.

Wasn't a big fan of Arizona Sunshine myself, but found Robo Recall's feel to be amazing... Also enjoyed Killing Floor (up until the last level)...

Killer App though... Closest would be Lone Echo... That game felt great... Was worried about the feel of Zero-G, but holy shit, that was fun ; )

News Comments > Ghost of a Tale Released
15. Re: Ghost of a Tale Released Mar 19, 2018, 13:51 Alamar

Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 09:21:
jaded crotchety soul who needs to get therapy.

The average Blues News commenter? : )

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
50. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 23:48 Alamar

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 12:11:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 12:04:
I'm a gun owner. I hunted as a kid/young adult. I play a metric shit ton of video games.

School shootings are either a gun problem....or a mental health problem. All of you 'thoughts and prayers' fucknuts know this. So get off your fucking stick and either we go with revamping healthcare or we revamp gun control. Moving either one a few steps toward a modern/rational solution would do wonders. You can't have *both* being a shitshow designed to benefit corporations.

You sound like you had about the same up bringing that I had. I did all those things too. this is a mental issue and nothing else.

kids are not disciplined anymore and they are out of control. thank the CPS for this. They went over board on over protecting kids and not allow patents to discipline their kids. thank you social media.

I hope this is sarcasm... This line of thinking is just as ridiculous as blaming games for gun massacres... ~200 events, across tens/hundreds of millions of kids in the scenario you state...

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Announced
2. Re: Defiance 2050 Announced Feb 28, 2018, 11:01 Alamar

I didn't end up playing much of the original, but I was thoroughly enjoying the show... The game had a lot of tie in to the show, so my interest in this version is much less.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
6. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 15:30 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 13:18:
Alamar wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:56:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:33:
Yeah, the beast thing seems like a chore, but maybe it's cool. I gotta say, it feels like this update came too soon. I just got a character to start doing the harder end game content and now I have to scrap him for the next league.

It's not like you're forced to start over... Characters move to standard... The biggest change in Standard is currency values... And a ton more access to uniques, legacy and new.

Not much interesting my in this league... Hard to top the addition of 6 acts worth of content though : )

What? Why would you play standard when you can play a much more interesting league? This isn't a question.

Well... I wouldn't... I start new characters for every build, instead of grinding their shitty 'respec' system... Just mentioning that it's an option : )

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
4. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 12:56 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 12:33:
Yeah, the beast thing seems like a chore, but maybe it's cool. I gotta say, it feels like this update came too soon. I just got a character to start doing the harder end game content and now I have to scrap him for the next league.

It's not like you're forced to start over... Characters move to standard... The biggest change in Standard is currency values... And a ton more access to uniques, legacy and new.

Not much interesting my in this league... Hard to top the addition of 6 acts worth of content though : )

2231 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo