Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2265 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Death's Gambit Released
1. Re: Death's Gambit Released Aug 15, 2018, 08:37 Alamar

Definitely interested in this... After my new WoW addiction has cooled...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft
1. Re: The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft Aug 13, 2018, 19:40 Alamar

I'm sure it'll be fun when it starts working ; )  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Trailer
3. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 08:06 Alamar

Well, that looks promising... Unlike that previous shit that was pure shit... : )  

News Comments > Dead Cells Exfoliated
12. Re: Dead Cells Exfoliated Aug 7, 2018, 22:10 Alamar

theglaze wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 00:24:
Have you played Axiom Verge?

I finally picked this up last sale... Played an hour or so... Thoroughly disappointed...

Loved Dead Cells though... And Seraph felt great too...

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
23. Re: Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam Aug 7, 2018, 22:06 Alamar

As much as I don't want to keep installing different publisher's launchers... Can't blame them for wanting that sweet sweet 30% back, for a pretty trivial application. Hell, I built an auto updater ~15 years ago for a project I sent Blizzard, which could have been flushed out into a marketplace (If I'd known, and/or had business sense to get into game sales ; ).  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Cinematic
1. Re: World of Warcraft Cinematic Aug 3, 2018, 11:20 Alamar

Jaina, Sylvanas, Azshara get cartoons.... Saurfang gets CGI...

All is right in the World (of Warcraft)...

News Comments > Chasm Opens Up
11. Re: Chasm Opens Up Jul 31, 2018, 18:54 Alamar

Alamar wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 15:36:
Looks like a fun Castlevania style game to me... Not sure what ya'll's definition of retro is, but this doesn't fit mine... Some of those scenes are beautiful.

Sooo... ya... Got home and watched the vid again, and nevermind... That's pretty 'retro' pixel art...

News Comments > Chasm Opens Up
8. Re: Chasm Opens Up Jul 31, 2018, 15:36 Alamar

Looks like a fun Castlevania style game to me... Not sure what ya'll's definition of retro is, but this doesn't fit mine... Some of those scenes are beautiful.  

News Comments > Origin Access Premier Premiers
13. Re: Origin Access Premier Launches Jul 31, 2018, 14:21 Alamar

All I need to know is if I can pay $15 in February and try Anthem out for a month... And then consider paying for another month or three, or buying it (at a 10% discount)...

Their FAQ claims cancellation is easy, and canceling early doesn't fuck over your date (Some subs have done this), so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

News Comments > Beholder 2 Closed Beta
2. Re: Beholder 2 Closed Beta Jul 19, 2018, 14:32 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 11:45:
It isn't about a D&D Beholder? I am disappoint.

This is what I think of every time I see it too... Eye of the Beholder games were great 'back in the day'... I really should have put more time into Grimrock...

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo Jul 19, 2018, 14:30 Alamar

I really need to go back and start this over... Got it at launch, and got distracted by some other stuff... Thoroughly enjoyed the first, so should enjoy most of this one.  

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
31. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 17:54 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:33:
Yifes wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 10:18:
Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 10:08:
I guess the subscriber numbers have finally fallen low enough that Blizzard feels the need to go this route?

I don't know if it was always this way, but it's been like this for a very long time now. I remember trying WOW a few years ago and getting every expansion except for the latest one with a sub.
The change is the removal of the requirement to buy the base game. But yeah, for the last couple of expansions if you bought the new expansion you got all the previous ones "free".

And it's even less of a change, since the base game included a month... So $20 (the rare time it wasn't on sale) vs the $15 for that month now.

Quinn wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:14:
Any current WoW player here that can answet this question?

How is rerolling these days? Will it be lonely questing in empty areas and is all the player base endgame? Or is a fresh start very doable?

With Cross Realm Zones, there are more visible players out in the world... And there are always people leveling, so LFD is active.

They recently made some changes to pre-WoD leveling where all content scales... Some of it's good (not being forced out of a zone), some of it's bad (Mobs aren't as ridiculously easy, and some level ranges feel slow, and you're going 110 levels these days, so even if it were fast per level, so many levels makes the entirety feel sluggish).

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Launches
7. Re: Defiance 2050 Launches Jul 11, 2018, 14:31 Alamar

Trailer isn't doing enough for me... But I enjoyed the show... Like any fresh game (re-release or not), I'll give it a month or three for some shit to be ironed out, and then maybe try it... Though I'll likely still be obsessed with WoW at the time..  

News Comments > New Warframe Content Plans
7. Re: New Warframe Content Plans Jul 9, 2018, 21:13 Alamar

Numinar wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 07:29:
Great, now I'm one of those assholes that post to a thread just to say I hate something. Good work Bluesnews, it only took a few decades but you got me!

You either die a gamer, or live long enough to see yourself become a curmudgeon...

News Comments > Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday
17. Re: Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday Jul 8, 2018, 09:50 Alamar

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jul 7, 2018, 13:11:
Was looking forward to this until i heard it sucks...oh well

As a big Souls fan, I kept hearing about Monster Hunter games (And Dragon's Dogma, so I've learned to not listen to these people), so when this was announced, I looked into it...

I wouldn't say it sucks, because nothing that sells millions of copies sucks, but it doesn't look very fun...

The highlights of monsters and fights look interesting, but there appears to be a lot of 'prep grind' to get ready to hunt... Which is a pretty big turn off for me. So ya, it seems a very small portion of the game looks awesome, so maybe at some discounted price, and while I'm bored, I'll re-consider.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
67. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 19:04 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 18:02:
loomy wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 12:55:
@Jagacademy

this anet employee has been a prominent and contentious personality for many years. she has been stalked and harassed and targeted by the craziest of the crazies. finally one of their brigades succeeded in getting her fired. it's nothing but a routine internet witch hunt by low-class losers.

@Cutter

you don't need to get the last word in every time. you told your joke, she said it was stupid, you both had your say. you don't need to come back with a tirade to defend yourself. she's allowed to not like your joke.

Yes, and like her you're permitted - unfortunately - to be a whiny little bitch as well. And like her, snowflakes like you need to learn to lighten the fuck up. I - and everyone else with a lick of common sense and who isn't a whiny little bitch - refuse to walk around on eggshells so as not to offend your over delicate little feelings.

But if you weren't a precious little snowflake, you wouldn't get all whiny when someone calls you out on your constant stream of bull : )

It's quite normal for people to complain the loudest, and use the targeted language of, the things they hate about themselves...

Given all that, here's an Internet <hug>, because we all can tell that you need it ; )

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
40. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 16:43 Alamar

nomoreshite wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 14:13:
she deserved the sack just for the Total biscuit tweet
https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1000045432007938048

defending people like that is just fucked up

I feel the same about people that loved TotalBiscuit... Only ever watched one of his vids, and he was a total asshole to, and about, the people he was playing with... The tweet you linked was much tamer, though still stupid.

On Topic... I'm really surprised so many of the adults in here (Not surprised about the 40-50+ years olds that never grew up), don't understand that when you're a public representative of a company, everything you say, especially publicly, and in a way DIRECTLY connected to said company, is taken as representing that company...

What other choice does ArenaNet have here? Lose customers that have lost respect for this representative, and therefore, the company? Even EA wouldn't have kept her around after spewing that much garbage ; )

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased
15. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 13:09 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 12:10:
If you think a game like this is "good" than you're easily amused. It's scheisse. All you do is drive around destroying the same/similar bases over and over again. That's it. I can't stand grindy games like this, Just Cause, etc. Yeah, you can do it in all kinds of ways but it still amounts to a virtual hamster wheel in the end.

Don't you have hundreds of hours in Civ?

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
12. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 1, 2018, 07:09 Alamar

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 1, 2018, 05:11:
Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 13:24:
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 09:08:
Funny a game where you mindlessly kill zombie after zombie is inspired by games where your actions matter. Give me a break.

Interesting. So you've played DL2 already and it's not even out. Give us a detailed review.

What is not to know, you kill zombies over and over again.

And Witcher 3 is just a game where you mindlessly kill monster after monster with the occasional yapping and fucking... Give me a break.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 28, 2018, 15:49 Alamar

Didn't even know there was an E3 demo, so that part is good news at least... Damn game should be out by now though...  

2265 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo