Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2117 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 13:09 Alamar

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 12:31:
Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 11:20:
Too deep into Zelda to bother with this after a very lackluster experience with it on a buddy's EA Access trial. The much better open world in that game makes the flaws stand out that much more. Good luck to those that decide to buy it, let us know what you think.

id love to play the new Zelda.. but I dont buy systems for only one game anymore.. I used to do that but Id always end up regretting it later

I bought it... Played Zelda obsessively for a week... Sold it... For a profit... The selling it part is very unusual for me, but I'm pretty happy how it turned out : )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 10 Details
2. Re: Diablo III Season 10 Details Mar 18, 2017, 23:12 Alamar

Cram wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 23:06:
Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder

Goooood.....Goooood.

I don't like that one as much as the other Multishot build/set, that I can't think of the name of... But the other 5 'free' sets are boring... Probably won't bother with this Season, though I do like a bunch of the QoL improvements.

News Comments > The Surge in May
1. Re: The Surge in May Mar 17, 2017, 17:50 Alamar

Yay... Currently the only game I'm still looking forward to this year...  

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
13. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 12:12 Alamar

I'm having a hard time getting upset about this...

I fully support peoples choice to stick with an older version of Windows, and this note doesn't imply that that choice can't continue... It's merely MS stating they don't want to keep paying to support combinations that they don't want to.

This does cause a problem with OEMs or Parts sellers that will still happily sell you a new copy of Win7/8 (assuming you can still get those) with a new system.

Cmdr Shepard's Pie wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:35:
I realize 7 is old, but it's still the most popular OS

I'm really curious to see a source on this... I couldn't find an up to date chart (wikipedia is a few years old, but the trend looked like 10 would be higher by now, and Steam has 10 at ~49%, 7 at ~37%).

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2017, 12:23.

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
17. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 15, 2017, 10:55 Alamar

Qbex . wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 04:34:
Great, SB already botched one of my beloved classic by making that dogshit Syndicate remake. Now they involved in another of my all time favorite. If only this was time of Riddick's Starbreeze I would be over the moon with the news but now I'm expecting the worst. In fact from what I've read all the talent from former SB went to MachineGames.

System Shock was already a shooter, so it can't go the way of a Syndicate remake ; )

News Comments > Overload Early Access
1. Re: Overload Early Access Mar 13, 2017, 21:40 Alamar

I can't keep track of all these Descent games... Wonder why so many in such a small timeframe... It's not like this tech didn't exist years ago...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2017, 14:46 Alamar

Wow... I wish my 'Cold Pantry' had half as many features as that one... Especially that crisper...  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
26. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 16:20 Alamar

I had no idea the 1080 was rated higher than the 980 Ti, and I'm very disappointed to learn that...  

News Comments > WoW Bans
8. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 16:11 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 16:04:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 14:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:35:
What do they expect when they make raiding a requirement to get flying in the newest zone...

Where do you see this? I could have sworn they said raiding wasn't a requirement. I hate raiding.
Part of the quest line to get flying in 7.2 will require Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One -- which in turn requires Good Suramaritan, which in turn requires A Growing Crisis, which requires killing Xavius in The Emerald Nightmare.

Total screw job as far as I am concerned. People say, just do it in LFR but I've watched the videos of this fight, and it is not just a tank and spank. I don't know, maybe it is easy enough in LFR that you can just do it with a bunch of random people. *shrug*

When it was relevant LFR content, it was a tank n spank... Now that half the raid is 40+ ilvls higher than what's needed, it's ridiculously easy, and quick... This run (probably because of this achievement requirement) gets more people queue'n, and sometimes even offers a bonus cache for DPS roles. The Xavius queue is only Xavius... You spawn in a room, kill trash a few packs of trash, while standing still, then the boss... Don't need to stand in shit, or not stand in shit... The damage taken is crazy low.

I agree that requiring raiding, even LFR, for this achievement is crap, but this is a great example of it really not being much of a factor ; ) The gated Suramar questline however... That takes a good deal of effort...

News Comments > WoW Bans
7. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 16:08 Alamar

This is a great move, and it looks like they're putting more effort into it going forward... The first set of bans are only a week, which I think is a bit too lenient, but I get the reasoning (They want to let their most dedicated players know that this is not acceptable, but not lose them). The later post stated the next round will be more severe.

The post I saw about this a few weeks ago, from a player, was that they inquired about buying a run, and the 'broker' had them contact out of game, and asked for $150 USD to run them through a raid (I can't recall, but assuming Mythic)... I was pretty surprised to hear the asking price was that ridiculous, but I'm sure some people are paying it.

News Comments > Rogue Trooper Redux Announced
6. Re: Rogue Trooper Redux Announced Mar 1, 2017, 09:44 Alamar

This is great news... Although, not as great as a new Rogue Trooper would be...  

News Comments > Hollow Knight Released
1. Re: Hollow Knight Released Feb 24, 2017, 23:23 Alamar

Demo's work... : )

The demo came with the Humble Monthly, which got me mostly hooked... Picked this up 2m after it went live on Steam (which was a few bucks less than Humble, since Humble only does USD pricing).

Fun/cute game, though I'm really not sure which area I should be going through now... Got to one fight that has ridiculously fast attacks, so not happy with that, but I may be there far too early.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 22, 2017, 15:32 Alamar

Holy crap, that does indeed look like Ghosts N' Goblins... The jumping style, and the crouch and tossing lances really stood out...

Didn't like the video overall though... Too much flipping between images really quickly...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 18, 2017, 19:15 Alamar

How would you even monitor that system? What constitutes a machine that would require the company to pay taxes to use it? Whatever that definition would turn out to be, I guarantee it will just be constantly abused to make it not true in 'this special case'.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 09:30 Alamar

I guess I should finally finish Dawn of War II... I enjoyed it when I played it, but I guess I got sidetracked or something... Looks like this one is more traditionally (large number of units) RTS, maybe with 'Hero' units as well?  

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
1. Re: The Surge Trailer Feb 17, 2017, 15:42 Alamar

Yes Please... : )

Looking forward to May... Or July after it's delayed heh...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2017, 14:05 Alamar

Oh geezus... Clicked on the 'More Free XBOX' games blah blah... Was genuinely curious why/what games were free... And they're not... Advertising lying is bad enough... Fans also perpetuate that BS...  

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
35. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 18:35 Alamar

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:46:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:37:
Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 16:09:
Wow, that's proof, you found some people in Target bitching about EA. I guess you have a salient point. Rolleyes
Sigh. Slick, this one little quote kind of sums up your presence on Blues. My comment about the two folks at Target was a segue....hopefully to a more positive point that the video game industry is becoming a permeating aspect of our culture.

I do thank you for this, though. I hadn't set Blues to 'remember me' on my new Surface. Seeing you take it to the next (wait for it) 'emotional' level, I'll be happy to have you back on ye olde ignore list. Seriously though....for your own health...look into meditation or therapy or something. You take the volume to 11 over the silliest topics... That's gonna burn you out or leave you very lonely later in life.

Mad? check.

Completely disregarding the fact-based evidence I've presented in my argument in favor of personally attacking me? Check.

Emotional response? absolutely.

Mad? check.

Completely missing the point of this comment, again? Check.

Emotional response? absolutely.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
12. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:57 Alamar

$5 a month seems like a reasonable price for the list of games available... $30 a year is half that (monthly), so even better... Except I already have access to all the Origin games I'm interested in (with a few minor exceptions)... If I had a week to 'power through' a few things, I'd consider the trial, but subscriptions make me feel like I have to get my money's worth, so I tend to stay away.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Released
1. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Released Feb 14, 2017, 09:46 Alamar

I wonder if they'll promote this by way of a free copy of Sniper 3, like they did with 2... After I bought it...  

2117 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo