Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2063 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 25, 2016, 15:51 Alamar

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 14:12:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 11:29:
No Man's Sky is basically a single player game. Calling it multiplayer is a joke. The only reason for a internet connection is so they can call it multiplayer.

You mean so you can call it multiplayer - and bitch about NMS for yet another imaginary reason.

Over the years the devs went to lengths to explain it`s a single player experience with optional online element...

stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game

...but don`t let this get in a way of your circlejerk

Is it really a circle if there's only one jerk?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
7. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 18, 2016, 15:48 Alamar

Bub wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 07:30:
I am excited somewhat about the new transmog system, but the class changes not at all. I am still working on my rogues skills and rotations, and now they are going to jumble skills up take away a few and add a few, yuk. I have yet to see an MMO skill rework that was a real major gameplay improvement, usually its just a mish mash of meaningless changes. In this case I think Blizz is determined to eventually release a console version so skills get trimmed, views standardized to be console compatible, etc.

Your comment confuses me... You're having trouble learning the 2 year old rotation, but Blizzard trimming skills is also a negative?

I suggest icy-veins.com for rotation/spec suggestions.. Good format, and if you can keep in mind they're only 95% correct, it's a great resource... Especially now that the core abilities tab in the spell book was removed... Which confuses the hell out of me ; )

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2016, 15:45 Alamar

I've gone through a few chairs over the last few decades, and I have never had one where I could pull the cylinder out... I have turned the thing upside down, put the star-pattern-stand across a few tables and hammered the cylinder... It's wedged in very tightly...

Also, the problem with WD-40 is that it's not so useful when the liquid is also unable to get in between the pieces wedged together...

So in short... Good luck ; )

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
2. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 17, 2016, 17:54 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 11:49:
Blizzard better be prepared to meet Retribution and any Rogue players feedback. It's one thing to have it kept to some in beta but it's another thing when it's a live release and everyone can see just how bad they've wrecked certain specs and classes.

I can't put enough distance between me and my Ret Paladin out of fear that I might catch a disease.

What's the problem with Ret, precisely? I prefer the new rotation myself, but I couldn't comment on the numbers... Is it a numbers thing? Which would be tweaked if it's really an issue.

News Comments > Rick and Morty VR Announced
3. Re: Rick and Morty VR Announced Jul 15, 2016, 23:47 Alamar

Such a stupid show... That I enjoy... Kinda neat the one dude voices both main characters...  

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
11. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 5, 2016, 14:52 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 14:18:
Something I understand is Botting for relieving the grind game.

But I've never understood full on cheating like Autoaim and such.. I don't see how people enjoy it. It must be a griefer thing.

Agreed on the cheating confusion...

When asked if I cheat, my response is simple... I like to win too much to cheat... Which is backwards to many people with the 'at any cost' to win mentality... For me, cheating invalidates a win, and again, I like to win : )

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
1. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 21, 2016, 21:54 Alamar

Neat... I should grab this... Curious what it's like...

Oh, it's already in my library...

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
25. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 14:01 Alamar

Almost good enough... What's the point of having a limited time demo, on a game that's already complete?

When it's just like every other demo that exists forever, I'll consider trying it, at which point, they might even make another sale... Otherwise, I'll throw it on isthereanydeal.com and pick it up in 2-3 years... Also note, I don't care about the MP, so there's no rush to get in on that action...

News Comments > Screeps Early Access
1. Re: Screeps Early Access Jun 20, 2016, 12:29 Alamar

for programmers

Awesome...

writing real JavaScript

Oh...

Yes, I'm being elitist... But my interest was piqued, and then squashed... : )

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 14:34 Alamar

DangerDog wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:24:
GinRummy wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:15:
The G in GIF stands for Graphics, so I pronounce it using the same way as the word it stands for. I could see saying JIF if the G stood for Giraffe, but IT DOES NOT.

I defer to the creator of the format and pronounce it JIF out of respect and appreciation for the endless years of service.

Along those same lines the battle still wages over the pronunciation of "Gib and Gibbed" from John Carmack and company.

https://twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/42686279900606464

wtf... I never would have guessed it's Jib and Jibbed... Insta-Jib just rolls off the tongue... : P

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
37. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 14:40 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:03:
Anybody that wanted to play Destiny, most likely already did on the consoles.
I don't see the point of releasing this game on the PC years after it's initial release.
Just keep your pocket change Bungie and erect a few more DLC instead of half assed pc port. It will probably be more profitable

I probably would have played the game if it had been on PC long ago, but I'm never going to buy a new console just for a game... I've had more great PC games to play than I have time to play them anyway. I wouldn't buy it if they released it now because it's too little too late. I'm going to encourage other companies who treat PC gamers better. Like others said, I won't be missing much anyway.

Man... I have only ever purchased a console for one game... Super Mario, Sonic, Soul Calibur, Not sure on the more recent (~15 years) systems, but then Bloodborne... : )

News Comments > Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
1. Re: Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Jun 13, 2016, 20:19 Alamar

Nice... Haven't played this in years, and no longer have the copy...

Edit: Well, now I do ; )

News Comments > Steep Announced
3. Re: Steep Announced Jun 13, 2016, 20:18 Alamar

That looks like it could be pretty fun... For the year or so they keep servers up...  

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 19:23 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 18:55:
Vampyr, the upcoming vampire gaym

Putting your opinion of how this game will be in the text?

I did a double take when I first read it... And then scanned the headline, wondering if the character was gay or whatever... I think Blue just did that because Vampyr, even though the trailer, he calls himself a vampire...

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
3. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 4, 2016, 17:48 Alamar

I found Prophecies pretty lackluster at first... There are so many that are just a waste of time... At least from a reward point of view... And that fits the nature of an RNG loot system, so it's not all bad...

Plus... I got my first ever (500+ hours played) 6L... Which is a Tabula Rasa, so it's kind of cheating (and I got it on the first day of Prophecy)... I'm enjoying FrostBolt/Vortex and will try to stick with it to the 90s, but I find high level grinding so damn boring...

And, Tabula is so bittersweet for me... It let's me be OP for 70 levels, but it'll be a pain to find a replacement, so I can throw it in my stash for a new alt/build...

News Comments > Overwatch Highlight Exports "Someday"
1. Re: Overwatch Highlight Exports May 31, 2016, 19:45 Alamar

Typical Fan after next patch: WTF, why isn't this in yet? You promised last week!  

News Comments > Space Run Galaxy Trailer
1. Re: Space Run Galaxy Trailer May 27, 2016, 10:40 Alamar

Have not put in the time to get far in the first, but I thought it was a really neat take on TD games... Trailer looks good, and the changes coming look good ; )  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend May 26, 2016, 20:04 Alamar

Cool... A co-worker has put a lot of time into this, but I wasn't sure I'd like it... Queue'd it up for DL tonight, as the 25GB is kind of crazy for my monthly cap (that I go nowhere near, but still).  

News Comments > Spellforce 3 Details
7. Re: Spellforce 3 Details May 25, 2016, 15:01 Alamar

I had forgotten this was in the works, but I see it's already on my Steam Wish List. Also thoroughly enjoyed some of the previous installments, but I did end up finding them a bit too long in the SP campaign... We'll see how the third's '30+ hours' feels, but I'm happy to see some very nice/crisp graphics ; )  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Unpatched
2. Re: Dark Souls III Unpatched May 17, 2016, 00:39 Alamar

Makes you wonder what their QA process is...

Btw, the bit about 'don't worry, you won't be penalized', is because this patch re-enables some hacker griefing BS...

2063 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo