Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thearrel McKinney Jr.

Real Name Thearrel McKinney Jr.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kiltron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.planetquake.com/meanarena
Signed On Apr 23, 2005, 18:32
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 22977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Q2 Lost Marine for DOOM 3
7. Re: No subject Aug 10, 2005, 15:32 Kiltron

What is the "exact" error message you receive? That may be helpful. If it's a .dll issue, which is the most common I've heard of thus far, you'll need to have the latest 1.3 patch installed to run the mod. This is stated on the website.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sin 2 on Steam
195. Re: The game will bomb. Jul 5, 2005, 17:04 Kiltron

Over $120 for a game? That's just wrong. I would never waste money like that. Not for any game.

News Comments > Virtual Reality Becoming a Realty?
33. Re: VR Jun 25, 2005, 04:43 Kiltron

When will companies wake up. True immersion doesn't lie within an HMD.

http://www.planetquake.com/meanarena/blog.html#true_immersion

News Comments > More Sin II Teasing
13. Gameplay Jun 24, 2005, 18:23 Kiltron

Hopefully the game isn't 80% fake/scripted and 20% real gameplay.

News Comments > New Sin II Puzzle
32. Re: Sin II Puzzle Fighter? Jun 22, 2005, 18:58 Kiltron

So when we decifer the code, does this mean we can play something like lining up balls or crystals in color coordination to defeat our opponent? That would be uber tastic.

News Comments > Sin II Tease Decoded
13. Re: Sin (Denied) Jun 20, 2005, 10:59 Kiltron

Heh.....

I went to donate my copy of Sin to the Goodwill a few years ago, and they gave it back. Clerk said "that's not gonna sell".....

Sounds like a joke, but it's actually true!

News Comments > Ritual Countdown, Testing Program, Sin II Tease?
91. Re: Shit Jun 19, 2005, 09:51 Kiltron

If a developer doesn't meet a deadline, or if they do meet that deadline, and the game is totally buggy, it means they were lazy about what they were doing. A development time is set during negotiations between publisher and developer as to how long they'll have to complete a game. Though this could change, and as a developer, they need to step up their work a bit to meet that goal. The goals aren't impossible, but they are with lazy developers who don't care much about the project to begin with. Some developers as well don't really care much about a game they're working on as in if they're in financial trouble, they'll just use that publisher to pay the bills for the time being while they're out negotiating another project more suitable to their liking.

News Comments > Ritual Countdown, Testing Program, Sin II Tease?
60. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 17:40 Kiltron

In my experience, it's not really adequate (even with years of experience) to be able to justify the correct QA needed for a game this day in age. Since there is only one QA guy, this is why there is the need to call in a bunch of playtesters pay them cheap to act as QA, thus saving mucho $$$ to have a true QA department. I remember when I worked there, the developers were the playtesters. I sure hope times have changed. It will be interesting to see how many of my idea's made it into Sin2 from the tons of docs I wrote up for it during our development sessions along with everyone else's who no longer work there.

News Comments > The Mod Squads - Q2-DOOM 3 Screenshots
13. Re: I Made the Bluesnews Feed! Fox Me! Apr 23, 2005, 17:11 Kiltron

Though I'm building the project, all shown there is from me, Jim 'ReViLiTy' Kern and Henk 'Obi-Wan' Bernhardt.

A QuakeCon possibility.

News Comments > The Mod Squads - Q2-DOOM 3 Screenshots
3. Re: I Made the Bluesnews Feed! Fox Me! Apr 23, 2005, 14:35 Kiltron

I just wanted to clarify as well any assumptions that material from Q2 is being used. Nothing from original Q2 is used at all, that would be lame not to mention illegal. This is all from scratch.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo