Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for skyguy

Real Name skyguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname skyguy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 15, 2005, 20:35
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 22932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2016, 20:23 skyguy

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 15:37:
Forget weed, re-nationalizing the country's natural resources would do it right there. I've always been a heavy proponent of that. As far as I'm concerned, a country's resources belong to its people, not foreign multi-national corporations.

Does Iceland have a lot of natural resources other than geothermal? It's a pretty small country.

Venezuela has tons of oil, which they nationalized, and their country is doing terribly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 20:59 skyguy

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:08:
My sister got 1st and 3rd once at a wet t-shirt contest.

I guess one was smaller than the other?

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2016, 16:35 skyguy

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 11:22:
Not the first group you'd expect to object to a Mafia game

Do you mean the DUP or Unionists in general? I'm intrigued by how Northern Ireland is perceived abroad now, are Unionists seen as the bad guys in NY, Boston and other Irish influenced places?

I live in New Haven (right between NYC and Boston on Amtrak), there's a St Patrick's parade here and white people tend to be 50/50 split between Italian descent and Irish descent. While in earlier years there was tremendous support for the IRA cause, after the armistice people don't want to see additional violence, and if they followed the Clinton-brokered peace process closely enough, realize it's not an Ulster Minority oppressing a Republican Majority in Northern Ireland. The IRA are seen to have been freedom fighters, but I don't think there's much knowledge about Ulster violence against Catholics except in a small minority.

News Comments > Steam Top 10ish
7. Re: Steam Top 10ish Oct 10, 2016, 01:30 skyguy

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 17:09:
I say 3 it's a magi number. Yes it is, it's a magic number....

Somewhere in this hip-hop soul community, was born 3, mase, dove, and me, and that's the magic number

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=73WtL_J3O7w

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins
26. Re: Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins Oct 6, 2016, 22:09 skyguy

you pay monthly or yearly fees on your credit card? you must have some shitty credit.

vendors who accept credit cards pay fees on each transaction, and you pay interest if you don't pay off the balance monthly, but I don't pay any fees when using by credit cards.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 11, 2016, 05:35 skyguy

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 16:59:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 14:06:
iPhones, or to be more precise, Apple products are for people who want their shit to just work. You want to tinker with it, have some control over it? Look elsewhere. Truth of the matter is that if you are the least bit tech savy, and have the inclination to tinker with your hardware and software, you can buy a better product for half the price. Gone are the days when Apple was the only game in town if you wanted a decent smartphone or a good workstation computer.
LOL @ "they just work."
My daughter wanted an Apple so she could face time with her friends.
It has been one issue after another and not easy to fix due to the way ut is set up and locked down.
"Dad why does the phone lose half it's power overnight when noone was using it? "
"Dad how do I get this interview off my phone? It's too big to email."
" Dad how do I copy my mp3s to my phone?" "ITunes " " I hate iTunes! Can't i just copy them?"
"Dad why is my iPhone overheating even though nothing is open?"
"Dad why won't my iPhone connect to wifi? My galtab connects fine."
At least getting her photos off is pretty straightforward.

Battery life, overheating: she has background apps running. Just because nothing is open doesn't mean nothing is running. double click the round button to see all running apps.
Getting stuff of the phone and sharing: iClou, Dropbox, etc
Can't connect to wifi: are you running a custom ROM on your wifi router? Did you leave the wifi settings as default? Tweaking obscure wifi settings on your router can cause problems.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
33. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 14:27 skyguy

Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 11:37:
Can't wait for this game. It's going to be awesome, I don't doubt! Jensen, my buddy, can't wait to get inside you.

Now I will be seeing homoerotic subtext everywhere in Deus Ex

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits - VR for the 1% May 29, 2016, 13:04 skyguy

Bub wrote on May 29, 2016, 07:54:
Unless PC components come way down in price, wearable VR, is a long way off for the general consumer.

If you own a smartphone made in the last year or two you can have a simple VR setup for the cost of a $15 Cardboard visor. There's tons of VR apps available for Android, iOS, and even Windows Phone now, and some pretty good ones are free. It's not a Vive, but it's way more impressive than the price implies. Trying out Cardboard is a no brainer for anyone even slightly interested in VR. This is what I bought, works great with my iPhone 6: JoyGeek VR Headset

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 29, 2015, 17:04 skyguy

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 14:42:
TheGenk wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:20:
Cutter, you noob, you forgot to link to your patreon at the end of making shit up to claim your special victims bonus.

Dammit! You're right. Thanks! I need to remember it pays to be a professional victim!

Do you ever feel embarrassed that you're posting about how women subjugate and humiliate you all the time? Man up dude.

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 29, 2015, 17:00 skyguy

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 09:37:
If you believe a male never has a right to act as a male

I feel bad that you have to dress in a pink ballerina and tuck under every day. Have you tried calling the police on your femenazi captors?

3. Re: SXSW Oct 28, 2015, 21:10 skyguy

The threats of violence coming out of gamergate have got to stop, or else someday somebody's actually going to be crazy enough to commit violence at a gaming conference.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2015, 14:57 skyguy

How 3D Printers are made

With 3D printers, of course.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2015, 13:37 skyguy

vacs wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 13:31:
Just wondering, what are the actual prices per month in the US?

I pay $75 (plus tax, so around $81) for 30 Mbit/s + telephone service.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
22. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Jan 19, 2015, 21:20 skyguy

PHJF wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 10:32:
I look forward to waltzing with the daughter of the governor of Tau Ceiti.

Love the (bad version of) Sid Meier's Pirates reference

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
15. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Jan 3, 2015, 17:06 skyguy

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 21:34:
The gist was the fundamentals are all there and fantastic but all the bells and whistles you really want and need aren't and won't be for a long time yet

Basically what every review echos: great foundation, total lack of content. A recurring theme among early access games is to arbitrarily release 1.0 and then promise "ongoing development".

I'm just playing solo mode, and there are more than enough surprises and places to explore. By "content" you mean what, Captain Shephard having a contrived conversation with an alien? If you haven't played the original Elite in the 80s, you might not be into it. But I've been playing for 20 or 30 hours, and continue to be amazed on how they've modernized and improved on the classic game.

Once I have a couple million credits, I might even play open world, and things might really get interesting.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 13, 2014, 18:24 skyguy

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:39:
InBlack wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:01:
rofl...yeah but how are you going to get around the NSA backdoor conveniently placed directly inside your router?

I built my own using an old Q6600 based system I had laying around and Linux from Scratch. While I can't say with 100% certainty that the NSA doesn't have very deep roots in to every binary used in the project, I am reasonably certain that they do not. Following the Hardened Linux from Scratch method, I feel comfortable with the security of that router.

Linux From Scratch is a huge amount of work. Gentoo Linux is basically LFS except all the downloading and compiling is automated, and they have a hardened version as well. You still have to trust the Gentoo developers, but it is a completely community oriented project, no big company support. I trust 'em.

OpenBSD is another option: http://opensslrampage.org/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Apr 27, 2014, 22:33 skyguy

Congrats Blue! The lady and I just celebrated our 2nd, I can't imagine what 8x of this is like.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 16, 2014, 20:34 skyguy

I smiled at least, still am. "They catch me smilin'..."  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
24. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Dec 28, 2013, 22:17 skyguy

harlock wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 15:13:
myspace was garbage too.. its done now too

twitter is next

oh captain, my captain.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 8, 2013, 15:28 skyguy

mellis wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:13:
Remember; Bitcoin is mutable. The functionality and features that come under the 'Bitcoin' umbrella will likely differ significantly in the future from the current offering. Bitcoin now will not be Bitcoin tomorrow.

But, bitcoin is open source. If the user community doesn't like a feature change, they can simply refuse to use the new version of the software, and fork the source code. This almost happened recently, when the bitcoin developers wanted to hardcode in transaction fees (which are currently voluntary). There was a huge backlash in the community, and the devs backed down.

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo