Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1364 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 13:08 SirKnight

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:16:
So, basically, he regrets ever suggesting there would be a third game, and he's pissed that so many people now want one. "GOD DAMMIT! What have I gotten myself into?!" Also, the next game will be Just Another Shooting Gallery Style Game Where You Are Confined To A Small Space Since That's All VR Seems To Be Capable Of And Will Pretty Much Die Out Soon And Be Generally Regarded As A Bad Idea type game called Half-Portal VR.

Did you not read what Gabe said AT ALL? Obviously not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 13:07 SirKnight

El Pit wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 12:31:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:16:
So, basically, he regrets ever suggesting there would be a third game, and he's pissed that so many people now want one. "GOD DAMMIT! What have I gotten myself into?!" Also, the next game will be Just Another Shooting Gallery Style Game Where You Are Confined To A Small Space Since That's All VR Seems To Be Capable Of And Will Pretty Much Die Out Soon And Be Generally Regarded As A Bad Idea type game called Half-Portal VR.

VR = dying quicker than the last 3D wave

Nope. It's only "dying" for those who, for some odd reason, want it to fail.

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Open Beta Signups
1. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Open Beta Signups Jan 17, 2017, 21:09 SirKnight

I'm greatly looking forward to this. I really liked the previous two games but this one looks like it's taking the open-world feel of Far Cry which I also love. In Far Cry 3/4 my fav thing to do was to take a stealthy approach and snipe as much as possible. So this game is perfect for me.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:06 SirKnight

I liked the crazy flash sales, but Gaben does have a point. I'm all for what benefits the most people possible.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 17, 2017, 20:29 SirKnight

They should make an inflatable Cortana instead.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jan 11, 2017, 10:35 SirKnight

That Brutal Doom 64 update is from early November.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 10:04 SirKnight

How to Use a Raspberry Pi to Create a Video Game Emulator.

I finally ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 and it will be arriving Wednesday. I'm going to run RetroPie and dump a boat load of ROMs on it. Should be kewl.

I still want to get an NES Classic when they are easily available everywhere for $60 for the novelty of it all, but this RPi will be the main thing I emulate with on my TV. At least until my Framemeister arrives.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 7, 2017, 23:48 SirKnight

Dacote wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 12:23:
Edge is a flop, chrome is a hog, hopefully firefox will improve.

You mean Firefox is a hog. I've never seen a browser take up so much memory as Firefox and run so poorly. Then when one tab or window does something bad, every other window and tab goes down with it.

With Chrome I am using significantly less memory and it's SOOOO much more stable, NEVER crashes on me. Firefox would crash (and corrupt my bookmarks) constantly. This is all with minimal to no addons enabled too!

What helps Chrome even more is to use a plugin like The Great Suspender. Firefox is pretty much dead to me at this point.

News Comments > VR Rifle and Haptic Vest Revealed
6. Re: VR Rifle and Haptic Vest Revealed Jan 5, 2017, 14:01 SirKnight

This is my rifle, this is my gun!
<This is for fighting, this is for fun!>
This is my rifle, this is my gun!
<This is for fighting, this is for fun!>

I was playing around with this shooting game demo thingy yesterday with my Rift and Touch controllers. I think it's called Bullet Train or something like that. Anyway, being able to grab and hold a gun and point it in a realistic way with the Touch controllers feels amazing. Words don't describe how realistic it feels. It's something you just have to try out. It's way more real feeling than say a light gun game was or something similar with a Wiimote. Being able to actually look down the sights is neat. Dual wielding weapons is awesome!

After playing that I thought that we really need a more realistic gun controller, like a rifle, for VR and this VR Rifle thing looks like exactly it. I just hope it will support Oculus because right now all they're saying is Vive.

Also in that Bullet Train game, the dudes you're fighting shoot at you (obviously) but their bullets move in slow motion, kind of like The Matrix type of effect. For a second, my brain really thought I was getting shot at and I was moving away from these bullets trying not to get hit. It was a little scary for a second there. Crazy stuff.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 3, 2017, 14:36 SirKnight

The several hundred dollar cost increase is actually due to the monitor manufacturer. Not NVIDIA. The actual gsync package is cheap.

No it is not a scam or some sneaky way of locking into DRM. That shows a complete lack of understanding of how displays and GPUs work to say something that foolish. The bad thing is, is that it has not been communicated well on why gsync is vastly superior and worth the cost. Much of the info is out there, but it's an Easter egg hunt across many sites to find all the info.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2016, 20:34 SirKnight

Hmm, this article about South Korea and Qualcomm sounds familiar....

News Comments > DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month
3. Re: DOUBLE DRAGON IV Next Month Dec 26, 2016, 14:08 SirKnight

I'm glad they went with NES style graphics. I honestly prefer the NES versions to the Arcade, oddly enough. Not only that, but they went with DD 2 style, which is my favorite of them all.

For some reason I just get more excited over 8 and 16 bit graphics than modern graphics.

This is day one buy for me for sure. Both PC and PS4.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 12:38 SirKnight

My grievance is at myself for keep forgetting to buy a pole for Festivus.

SERENITY NOW!

I have the entire Seinfeld series on DVD, I should find which episode is the Festivus one and play it tonight. I haven't seen it in forever.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2016, 20:37 SirKnight

I loved reading Dank and Scud back in the day.

The Quake years were some Good Times.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour
4. Re: Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour Dec 19, 2016, 14:52 SirKnight

For a while I thought this would be cool to play in VR. Now that I actually played this teaser I'm kind of thinking maybe not, lol.

My first play through resulted in the "bad ending" where I was welcomed to the family by some crazy dude.

News Comments > DOOM Bloodfall Released
6. Re: DOOM Bloodfall Released Dec 14, 2016, 21:21 SirKnight

I'm thinking the single player content is becoming the next Doom and we have SnapMap to hold us over.

At least there's bots now, which help with the handful of players left playing. Hopefully the bots will be expanded to support all the game modes. The MP is quite 'meh', but the new gamemode with the "ball" is actually kind of cool. I'd like to see that mode added to Quake Live or even Quake Champions.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 21:02 SirKnight

SlimRam wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 19:15:
Eat a bag of dicks 2016.

You can say that again. For me, this has been the worst year I've ever been through with some terrible things that happened at the start.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free DLC
5. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free DLC Dec 8, 2016, 20:57 SirKnight

25% off free....no, I think I'll wait for a better sale.

This actually reminded me to play this game again. I played it when it came out and it ended up getting back logged behind many other games and I forgot about it.

I'd like a DLC that changes the voice to the original actor or someone similar. There's something about the voice in these last two Shadow Warriors that just bugs me.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2016, 17:26 SirKnight

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 14:33:
I found out that I can still enjoy Diablo 2 even though it looks like shit but holy fuck the servers are garbage.

I started playing Diablo 2 again recently, and no it does NOT look like shit. It actually looks pretty damn good. WAY better than Diablo 3. D3 just looks....off.

I also only play D2 in single player mode.

If D3 would have stayed closer to D2 like it apparently originally was it would have been a MUCH better game.

There are times where I prefer 2D sprites to 3D models and Diablo 2 is one of them.

News Comments > theHunter: Call of the Wild Revealed
2. Re: theHunter: Call of the Wild Revealed Nov 28, 2016, 21:07 SirKnight

If this would support VR, holy crap!

I have always loved realistic hunting games. I got a bit of redneck in me I guess so this kind of thing has always appealed to me. I had the idea of a deer hunting game at least a year or more before the original Deer Hunter came out (I came up with many ideas while actually hunting one day) and it sucked that I did not know how to program yet and DH came out making gobs of money. I always felt like I missed out so bad.

I really hope this game is not ruined with subscriptions like the original theHunter. It's a shame that theHunter is the best looking, most realistic and has such huge variety and amazing environments and they screwed it up with over priced subscriptions.

I still love and play Deer Hunter 2 to this day. There's just something about how chunky it looks and the deer behavior I have always liked. Deer Hunter 2004/2005 is really good too.

1364 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo