Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1509 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 20, 2018, 20:20 SirKnight

I hate to see the Best Buy GCU service go away. I've been using it for a while now and it's what has made me buy my games there instead of at Amazon. With the Best Buy thing, it's 20% any time, not just pre-orders like at Amazon. F Amazon. Plus you get points which can be redeemed later once you have enough.

I don't see why Best Buy would cancel this. Surely I'm not the only one that switched to them for my games instead of Amazon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 19, 2018, 01:10 SirKnight

I've been waiting a long time for these 4K HDR GSync monitors but figured they would cost around $1000, maybe 1200 at the most.

But $2K? LOL

Nope.

News Comments > No Lootboxes for RAGE 2
8. Re: No Lootboxes for RAGE 2 May 17, 2018, 00:53 SirKnight

eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2018, 21:45:
SirKnight wrote on May 16, 2018, 20:47:
Lootboxen sind scheiße. Ja?

Jawohl!

lol

I was wondering if anyone was going to say that as a response!

News Comments > No Lootboxes for RAGE 2
4. Re: No Lootboxes for RAGE 2 May 16, 2018, 20:47 SirKnight

Lootboxen sind scheiße. Ja?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2018, 10:59 SirKnight

"Scientists declare octopi life from another world."

LOL!

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches May 11, 2018, 14:05 SirKnight

I bought this on the Switch. Very cool game and worth checking out. I really like the classic mode.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
20. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 14:03 SirKnight

Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 13:36:
Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

You do realize that Doom (2016) used the same tech but improved right? So why would Rage 2 (which of course will use the same id Tech 6 as Doom) go back to the original implementation of Megatextures?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Windows Notepad fixed after 33 years- Now it finally handles Unix, Mac OS line endings. May 8, 2018, 20:56 SirKnight

Holy crap it's about time. This has bugged me for so long. So many times I had to open something in WordPad, or something else, because of this. Strange how WordPad has always been fine with endings but not Notepad. But there's something weird about WordPad to me so I try not to use it if I can help it.

These days when I see a README or similar and I suspect the line endings might be anit-Microsoft (or at least anti-Notepad), I open with VS Code.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 7, 2018, 21:46 SirKnight

Yo quiero taco bell.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 5, 2018, 23:23 SirKnight

You can come up with many reasons why the opposite is true. Ultimately it doesn't matter. For me I do both and always have. It just depends on what I feel like at the time. I don't care what the platform is, a good game is a good game. Fook it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 2, 2018, 21:00 SirKnight

Now THAT'S a commercial!  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2018, 21:51 SirKnight

Rigs wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:19:
And yet, somehow, you're supposed to be able to figure it out and deal with it while being given no tools do so as you get older.

Of course there's tools to figure the world out. It's called God's word. Those that reject it are the ones causing the problems and are the ones confused and lost. Trying to "go your own way" will always lead to failure. Got Qs?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 25, 2018, 21:50 SirKnight

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 20:21:

Trump’s cell phone use is security “a nightmare” waiting to happen, lawmakers say.
ftfy

I don't see anything he's done or going to do to be anywhere near a "nightmare." In fact, I see him trying to undo the liberal fuckery.

What's a nightmare are these libtards turning this country (and even the world) into the next Sodom and Gomorrah. If you want to be afraid of someone, let it be someone like Hillary Clinton or anyone like her. Now THERE'S a nightmare because these people are turning millions to the path of eternal judgement.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 20, 2018, 22:19 SirKnight

I got Night Trap for the PS4 in physical form (which sold out super fast) and for the PC in old-school style big box form. This also came with a digital Steam copy of the game. I definitely plan on getting a physical Switch version now.

Just for the heck of it I'd like to some time get it for the 3DO and Sega CD. The originals.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot
3. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot Apr 20, 2018, 22:16 SirKnight

I didn't find the Doom movie to be terrible, but it was disappointing that it wasn't about Hell and demons. It was cool they named one of the scientists after John Carmack though. And that dude named Pinky. I hope this new one will be more like the recent game somehow.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 18, 2018, 22:09 SirKnight

Those that find being called a monkey to be racist are sensitive little snowflakes that need to pull their head out of their arse. To me, I don't think racism but instead that the person is exhibiting primitive and dumb behavior.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
4. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 18, 2018, 22:04 SirKnight

sigh  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale Apr 17, 2018, 20:52 SirKnight

Even though I am thoroughly burned out on CoD, the single player mode was always the main attraction for me back in the day. There were spurts of time I would do a little bit of multiplayer, but SP was top priority for me.

I have no interest in battle royale at all.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2018, 21:19 SirKnight

Controversial only to the immoral (which is the LARGE majority) liberals who gave up decency and morals long ago. The type of people who accept anything and everything, no matter how immoral or evil it is, just as long as it "feels good" and/or is politically correct.

When you accept everything, you will fall for anything.

"and sex workers say it will make them less safe by driving them offline."

What do you expect when you live a life of MORTAL SIN? Dance with the devil and he's going to poke you. Derp derp. Don't be a heathen and be a decent human being and you will have a MUCH better life.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 10, 2018, 21:10 SirKnight

There's actually xbox 360 and PS3 emulators in development. The PS3 one is actually coming along pretty well believe it or not.

One of these days, RDR will be playable on the PC through this method. Sucks that R* can't just do it right though because the game is amazing and would make mad cash.

1509 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo