Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1690 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

1. Re: Intel is bringing back a 22nm Haswell-era Pentium CPU for some reason. Dec 6, 2019, 20:01 SirKnight

It's all about the Pentiums, baby!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2019, 23:22 SirKnight

I ordered a steam controller through steam and it went all the way through, but I never got the confirmation email. So I hope it really did go through.

I'm disappointed Valve did not put a sale on the Index, but since they are selling so well due to HLA, I guess they don't feel the need. I would have ordered one if they did. Now I don't know. I'm sure the Oculus CV1 I have will be fine with HLA, but I want the full-fat experience with the much better visual quality the Index has over the CV1.

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 19:52 SirKnight

That definitely looks like me when trying to play a shooter on a gamepad. Like a monkey F'ing a football. lol  

News Comments > Terminator: Resistance Released

20. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 21:22 SirKnight

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 21:08:
How I choose to play a game is of no concern to the developers.

That's only true for an open world game. Otherwise, it IS the concern of the developers how they want the game and story to unfold/be played. You either like it or not.

News Comments > Xbox Game Pass Plans

1. Re: Xbox Game Pass Plans Nov 14, 2019, 21:22 SirKnight

I'm so glad I decided to wait for a larger sale on Rage 2 a while back. They had it 50% off during QuakeCon and I almost got it, but decided to wait for a 75% off sale, or similar. Then here recently it was again 50% off and I held off again.  

News Comments > Microsoft's xCloud Forecast

2. Re: Microsoft's xCloud Forecast Nov 14, 2019, 21:14 SirKnight

If Google Stadia wasn't already doomed on its own (and it was), xCloud just shot it in the head point blank. Especially once this goes beyond Windows.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 7, 2019, 22:37 SirKnight

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 20:23:
Not kidding, whenever I read the words "youtube" and "redesign" in a news post I am getting REALLY scared. Not a single re-design youtube did in the past 10 years was ever an improvement, dark mode excluded.

Yep, they have an excellent track record of boning things up real good.

News Comments > etc.

22. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2019, 18:04 SirKnight

Ah Marine Doom. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Marine_Doom  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 11:42 SirKnight

Not a huge fan of the new look TBH. At first I thought there was something wrong with the web server. The categories on the left are too wide so there's all this extra space and the text for the news stories is too big. It makes the site have a zoomed-in look where I can't see as much on screen so I have to scroll a lot more.

Now I'm not saying it's terrible though. It's still got that classic 90s look to it which I like. What I do find terrible is most modern web page design so this site sticking with a more old-school internet look is awesome to me.

But maybe things look too big and zoomed in b/c I'm still at 1080p. I would suspect that 1440p or 4K users probably see things differently, depending on their scaling settings.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

27. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 01:17 SirKnight

The more like 2 and less like 3, the better for me.

Although currently I'm not touching anything from Activision with a 10-foot pole. So likely I'll be skipping this one. Which, honestly is OK because no Diablo will ever match or top Diablo 2 for me. The ways of modern games prevents this.

News Comments > PBA Pro Bowling Strikes

5. Re: PBA Pro Bowling Strikes Oct 27, 2019, 23:20 SirKnight

I've always liked bowling games, even though I've never played very many. I was planning on getting this for the Switch, but probably when it goes on sale.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

10. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 11:37 SirKnight

Another thing nice about GamePass is that if you want to own the game, you can get it at a discount as a GP member.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 1st Fallout

3. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 1st Fallout Oct 25, 2019, 11:21 SirKnight

https://www.falloutfirst.com/  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Launches

3. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Launches Oct 24, 2019, 15:59 SirKnight

"No Chinese"  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 16, 2019, 20:09 SirKnight

Man....F Blizzard. They'd rather have that commie Chinese money than for a group of good people to be free. I hope BlizzCon is a total dumpster fire and I will never spend another dollar with Blizzard or Activision. Developers who work there that are against this needs to jump ship, and fast.  

News Comments > Infinity Ward Not Working on Loot Boxes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

3. Re: Infinity Ward Not Working on Loot Boxes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Oct 14, 2019, 12:47 SirKnight

I'll believe this when I see it, given Activision and all.  

News Comments > Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games

4. Re: Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games Oct 14, 2019, 12:44 SirKnight

Looks like archive.org no longer has the exodos collection. If you like DOS games, that's the (HUGE) collection to look for. But still buy the games on GoG in addition to support them, which is what I do.  

News Comments > On Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Plans

6. Re: On Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Plans Oct 14, 2019, 12:40 SirKnight

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 12:40:
SirKnight wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 12:37:
I don't understand why this wasn't obvious since the start of the project.

Microsoft.

'nuff sed

This is true. lol

4. Re: On Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Plans Oct 14, 2019, 12:40 SirKnight

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 12:09:
The last MS Flightsim I bought was v4.0 around 1990. After 30 years of virtually no interest, I think I'm all in on this one. Seriously looks like a massive step forward from every other flight sim out there.

Flight Sim 5.0 was a pretty massive jump from 4.0. 5.0 is the first one I bought and it has always stayed as my favorite, or at least close to the top. Even though later versions got even more detailed and better in every way, there's still something about version 5 that I really like.

I recently bought a new sealed copy of 4.0 on ebay. It says it's from 1989 and is on 5.25" floppies. I hope my only 5.25" drive I have left still works. While I do have other methods to get it on that old machine, I like doing it the "right" way.

3. Re: On Microsoft Flight Simulator VR Plans Oct 14, 2019, 12:37 SirKnight

I don't understand why this wasn't obvious since the start of the project. OF COURSE a flight sim needs VR. There's a piece of software that lets you use VR with Flight Sim X and it's amazing how much more real it feels to be sitting in the cockpit and looking around naturally with your head. Sims are a perfect fit for VR.  

1690 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >