Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1457 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2017, 11:25 SirKnight

You can play the Steam version of Doom with any source port. I recommend GZDoom. Better control mapping and higher resolutions (and even mouse look and hardware texture filtering if you're into that).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOULCALIBUR VI Announced
4. Re: SOULCALIBUR VI Announced Dec 8, 2017, 13:35 SirKnight

Definitely getting this! Probably on PS4.

I loved the first one on the Dreamcast. As a matter of fact, I have my Dreamcast hooked up in my living room right now through the Framemeister using S-Video (since I recently bought the excellent Dynamite Cop). I may throw Soul Calibur in there later. It's been quite a long time since I last played it.

I can't remember if I even have any of the other ones.

News Comments > Get Homefront for Free
6. Re: Get Homefront for Free Dec 8, 2017, 00:16 SirKnight

Free is good.

Snagged and bagged.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2017, 23:51 SirKnight

I can't agree about the second half of Full Metal Jacket being forgettable. It kind of was too bad that R Lee Ermey wasn't a part of it but it was still done very well.

ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

No boom boom with soul brotha! Soul brotha too beaucoup, too beaucoup! LOL

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Dec 5, 2017, 11:16 SirKnight

Free locomotion is available with the PS4 version of Doom VFR. But it's an option that is disabled by default and will only work with the dual shock controller or the Aim controller since those have thumbsticks. If you're using the move controllers you have to use teleportation since there's no thumbstick.

Teleportation is actually not all that bad once you get used to it. It plays better than it looks on video. It's also a very fast way to move around which fits the gameplay of doom perfectly. The only thing I find awkward about the move controllers is since there's no D-pad, using the dodge moves with the buttons in a square layout is kind of weird. I always dodge in the opposite direction I mean to. It will take some more getting used to for that.

One thing Sony really needs to add to PS VR is supporting more cameras (and then defining a play area like the PC HMDs will do). There's times where I ended up facing away from my TV to shoot some dudes behind me and the PS camera was only partially seeing the move controllers which made it really hard to shoot. But using the 180 spin button helps re-orient yourself pretty well to avoid this issue.

It will be great when VR is finally wireless too. Depending on the game, you can very easily get wrapped up in the cord like a mummy, which happens more often in doom.

I'll probably wait for a sale to get Doom VFR for the PC while letting Oculus support get more stable in SteamVR. For now, I'm liking the PS VR version quite a bit.

News Comments > Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans
8. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 4, 2017, 22:00 SirKnight

I played World in Conflict when it came out. Very good game. It had pretty demanding graphics for the time as well. I had to upgrade my gfx card to a 8800 GTX (which was high end at the time) to play it at not slide-show fps. I've been meaning to play it again. Now I will.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2017, 21:11 SirKnight

Comcast: Trust us.

Everyone: LOL

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 1, 2017, 21:08 SirKnight

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 20:42:
What is it with pooping in people's driveways? There was that "mad pooper" lady over the summer, now this? I do not understand humanity sometimes.

I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go! LOL

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 1, 2017, 21:08 SirKnight

Razumen wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 20:48:
So posting videos of events that actually happened is "propaganda" and "hate speech" now? LOL

What about all the users that tweet for violence against men and white people? Why doesn't Twitter have to make excuses for that?

Of course we all know the answer already.

LOL! Yeah, the libtards are at it again. Anything that goes against their wickedness/political-correctness is "hate" yet they are the ones spreading the most true hate of all.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:20 SirKnight

Hopefully this will be playable on the Rift at some point.

Until then, I just got a Playstation VR (which I HIGHLY recommend if you have a PS4) and my Doom VFR copy is on the way for that.

News Comments > Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free
8. Re: Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free Nov 26, 2017, 00:25 SirKnight

I really liked the original Flight Unlimited. I remember being so amazed how realistic it looked (at the time).

One thing I always remember when I think about that game is on the ground there was a machine that said Choke on it instead of Coke. I always thought that was funny. Choke!

News Comments > Free Brütal Legend
2. Re: Free Brütal Legend Nov 20, 2017, 20:35 SirKnight

I played this on the 360 a long time ago. Really cool game. I never got around to completing it, maybe now I will.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2017, 21:40 SirKnight

Of course doing anything other than driving with 100% focus is going to increase the risk of a crash. But I'd guess talking with a camera going is not going to be any different than talking to someone that is in the car with you.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 10, 2017, 11:22 SirKnight

I blame the notch.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2017, 21:40 SirKnight

Dacote wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:57:
Doom on pc, ps4, xbox and switch, incidentally those are also in order of quality.

To me, the Xbone version doesn't look a whole lot better than the Switch version. Not only did I find this surprising, but also a little sad. lol! Probably the only advantage of the Xbone version over the Switch is SnapMap.

While I of course prefer to play it on the PC for the best visuals and controls, I still have it ordered for the Switch too (should be here on Tuesday). It looks good enough, and quite impressive really for the hardware, and the idea I can doom on the go or whatever is awesome.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 21:24 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 20:50:
Ahh so the problem is his phone's encryption. Not lax gun laws or a convicted violent loony being able to get said guns legally. Or maybe the real problem is that he was a "militant atheist", right? Yes, that's obviously the problem. But hey according to the people who say that's the problem, those are the same people say that everything unfolds according to god's plan. So then none of this matters because god is a dick and shit's going to happen no matter what. Ahh, man is it ever sweet abdicating personal responsibility.

You've proven time and time again in the past how much of a complete nut job and grade A dumbass you are, but this comment takes the cake. Especially the part about God (capital G!). If you are that deceived and in that much delusion, you are definitely on a seriously horrific path. All things happen according to His plan. It is not our job to be expected to understand it. We don't know everything and the future like He does. He never does anything evil, that is Satan's doing. And it is Satan deceiving you and many others so they will turn away from God, especially in situations like this. Human understanding and logic is weak. Faith in Him is what will save you no matter what happens. Living by the ways of the world will destroy you. Who has ears to hear, let him hear.

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 19:26 SirKnight

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 16:52:
The build engine is such a pain in the ass to create stuff with compared to modern engines..

Can't agree with that at all. The old engines are much easier to create things since everything is so much more simple. That's why modding for the classic games was so big and still goes on. Modern games rarely get mods. To create anything that looks good in a modern game/engine requires you to be a VERY talented artist and takes insane amounts of time. This is not true for Build/Doom 1,2/Quake 1,2,3.

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
10. Re: 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing Nov 5, 2017, 19:24 SirKnight

Soulburner wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 15:20:
It seems this unannounced project is Ion Maiden: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404138

That looks freakin awesome.

I like the idea of using old engines for new games. The old engines had a gameplay-feel and look that I still love and prefer over modern stuff for the most part. Honestly, I personally am getting sick of all of these realistic graphics and ultra high detailed everything (plus they take up so much space and kill modding). I actually prefer the way games looked and played in the 90s and earlier. My favorite game type is 2D and for 3D I prefer the more simple stuff. Like for me, if I want realistic, I'll just look out of a window or go outside. This is why I am totally fine with the Switch not being able to do the kind of graphics a PS4/Xbone can do. Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey look MORE than good enough for me.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 14:43 SirKnight

Enahs wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 13:32:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 12:19:
Fuck you Amazon and fuck you Truedeau and the Liberal party! 1000 more jobs? 1000 more foreigners taking Canadian jobs more like.
Huh? Amazon is a US company and headquartered in Seattle. How can it be 1000 more foreigners taking Canadian jobs? They are not Canadian jobs to begin with.

Not know where Vancouver is I guess? lol

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
2. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 14:56 SirKnight

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 14:41:
which would make me want to get the Vega 56 out of principle.

And then have to deal with a very sub-par piece of equipment while NVIDIA would have no idea, nor care/feel it in their financials...

K

It's also weird to get up in arms over the release of a new card, which no one is forcing you to buy. It's just yet another option, which usually is a good thing.

Again...K.

1457 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo