Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6582 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 07:03 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:59:
From experience, 6 months usually means that there's a pretty fundamental issue in there... Not sure that can be fixed in time. Perhaps they had cut the open city hub thing and realized that the game just wasn't as fun without it...
Other games that were delayed by at least six months: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, Alan Wake, Dragon Age: Origins, Starcraft II, Diablo 3, etc. I don't view this as a concern. In fact it's a positive sign, as it means they consider the franchise important - it means they want it to do well so they can continue on to other titles.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
98. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 14, 2015, 22:29 theyarecomingforyou

hello newman wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 08:36:
Is there any other "talkie" game that does this ?
It's a pretty neat RPGish device and it would be silly if Fallout 4 was actually the first game to do it...
The GRID series did the same, though that's obviously a very different genre.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
3. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 11:03 theyarecomingforyou

Overkill promised to never implement microtransactions in Payday 2 and even mocked those who thought they would... and then implemented microtransactions in Payday 2. The whole situation is a mess.

This is what happens when developers get greedy and don't give a shit about their players.

65. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 20:45 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 20:12:
SLI may be a lot of things but that is definitely NOT one of them. You pay +100% and depending on how well SLI is supported you maybe get about +80% performance IF a game has decent SLI support. Many games scale way worse where you only get anywhere from +30% to +50%.
Sure, it's still a nice boost but it's usually not really (cost) effective in any way, shape or form.
Getting two GTX 970s offered better performance and value than the Titan X, which was the only single card alternative at the time. The only other choice was getting a single GTX 980, which didn't have the same performance.

As a single card it's great value, I agree, but I would not SLI two GTX 970s because of the 3.5GB VRAM thing. It might not be an issue with "ancient" engine games like FO4 but it is well documented that 970s run out of VRAM in quite a few games like AC Unity, FarCry 4 or also the new CoD.
Absolutely. I pre-ordered the cards and all that information came out a long time afterwards. However, by the time I really come across the limit I'm going to be upgrading again so for me it's not a big deal. The GPU performance is a bigger limit than the VRAM.

I'd say that should be the standard MO for anyone with a SLI system. SLI can be problematic if you're the kind of gamer who must play every game on release day but it's usually a non-issue if you can wait for patches and updated drivers with the latest profiles.

That also seems to be the reason why you have such a wide range of opinions on SLI. The impatient kids who need to play every game the minute it comes out are bound to have a much more negative experience than people (like me) who buy GOTY or Enhanced Edition bundles on sale a year later when the games are actually finished, drivers more mature etc.
For me it depends on the game. I like playing some games release day and have had a decent experience with SLI, with games like Far Cry 4 and even Assassin's Creed: Unity (that game had other issues but SLI actually worked - it was later patches that broke it).

Games need to have SLI / Crossfire support out of the box, as enthusiasts tend to buy more games at release and tend to be the most vocal. If the game appeals to enthusiasts then that will create good word of mouth for casual gamers. Unfortunately it seems the PC version was an afterthought, missing even basic features like options for mouse acceleration, framerate limits, FOV and 21:9 resolutions. One has to question the amount of QA for the PC version.

61. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 19:22 theyarecomingforyou

I've used VPNs before without issue. It's technically against the Steam user agreement but as long as you've bought the game in your region you won't have any issue.  

57. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 18:46 theyarecomingforyou

jomisab wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:59:
Exactly. Those who say SLI is garbage have zero clue what they are talking about. I have had my 970 SLI setup since the card was released, and it's been nothing but awesome. GTA V. Witcher 3. Dying Light. Shadow of Mordor. etc. etc. 100% worth the price of admission. Butter smooth, totally jag-free gameplay on a 27" screen at 60fps/1440p and everything maxed.
This. I hate gaming at anything less than 60fps and with a 30" 1600p display that requires two cards. For me I don't consider 1080p acceptable. And yes, I'll probably be one of the first in line to get behind VR as well. I like gaming on the bleeding edge - I ordered GTX 680s at launch and replaced them with GTX 970s at launch. I'll likely upgrade again once the next generation is out.

SLI is an extremely cost effective way of getting top performance at a reasonable price. The GTX 970 cards are great value in comparison to the GTX 980 / Ti. Most games don't have an issue, which is why I get frustrated when a game like Fallout 4 - which looks pretty crappy anyway and is poorly optimised - doesn't support SLI.

I've been calling this game out for its poor graphics from the original reveal and now it turns out the PC port is poor. I'm glad I held off. I'll wait for it to drop in price and for them to eventually get around to supporting SLI before I even consider it. It's not like I was the biggest fan of Fallout 3, which I thought was much weaker than Oblivion and Skyrim.

48. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:51 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:01:
Question is, did any of the past Fallout Games or Skyrim have SLI? if not, then theirs your answer. I personally wont waste my time or money with SLI. I've seen a few of my friends have it and had all kinds of issues with it. Not worth the headaches or wasting money on.
Yes, they did: Skyrim 3-Way and 4-Way SLI Performance

I had SLI working with Skyrim on my previous GTX 680 SLI setup.

46. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:45 theyarecomingforyou

I honestly don't get why people are defending bullshit like this. The game needlessly locks the framerate, doesn't include SLI support, doesn't have an FOV slider, has mouse acceleration enabled by default (requires editing an .ini file), has a non-skippable intro (requires editing an .ini file) and doesn't support 21:9 resolutions (requires editing an .ini file). This is NOT an acceptable PC release - it's a shitty console port. Further, even on XB1 the game drops to ZERO frames per second at times.

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:34:
it's not about being poor, it's about SLI being garbage.
I have a 980Ti which I upgraded from a R9 290 so I am far from "poor" yet after having tried out SLI a few times a few years back I will NEVER go that route again.
pure garbage.
You clearly haven't used SLI because it certainly isn't 'garbage'. In fact for the vast majority of titles it's excellent. It's only when you have shit developers like Bethesda that there is an issue. Skyrim supported SLI, so it's something they've actually managed to break. Before my GTX 970 SLI setup I had a HD 5970 dual-GPU card with Crossfire and that also worked great nine times out of ten and that was six years ago.

There is no excuse for a AAA game not support SLI at launch, especially not when earlier titles in the series supported it. Stop defending bullshit business practices. When I bought my 30" 2560x1600 display SLI was the only way I could power it, as no single card was fast enough. Bethesda should be working with nVidia and AMD to ensure SLI / Crossfire support for launch.

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 13:51:
Okay, so having to mod an .ini file is now anathema for PC gamers, but having to practically reprogram the entire .exe to get Star Citizen's alpha to run is just par for the course?
I know you're just trolling but Star Citizen is in alpha and supports SLI. It certainly doesn't need you to 'reprogram the entire .exe' (as if that's even a thing).

19. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 12:26 theyarecomingforyou

Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:32:
Your so full of shit. You guys and your bullshit whining over SLI. I have no sympathy for anyone who waste money on a second 980 card that is not needed.
Envy is a nasty emotion. It's not my fault you're poor.

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:02:
They've said that the PC version isn't locked on either FPS or resolution, so I'm sure it's a simple case of switching a 1 into a 0 in the Fallout4.ini file.
Gamers shouldn't have to edit .ini files to get around a restriction that shouldn't exist. If they want to limit the framerate it should be a in-game option. It's not like high refresh rate monitors or SLI are uncommon.

Why is it so hard for developers to get the basics right? The lack of SLI support is inexcusable.

9. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:20 theyarecomingforyou

I just discovered that the game is limited to 60fps by default, which screws over those with high refresh monitors. It's like they went out of their way to make the PC version shit. Apparently the XB1 version drops to ZERO frames per second at times and it looks like ass to boot.

What a joke.

7. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:18 theyarecomingforyou

No SLI support? That's pathetic. No purchase for me until they sort that shit out. I game at 1600p and need SLI support. Anyone gaming at 4K is screwed, as no single card can manage 60fps. The only single card that can hit 60fps @ 1080p with maximum settings is the GTX 980 Ti according to that nVidia page.

This is absolutely unacceptable for a major release like this. The engine is just a joke.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
53. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 09:59 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 08:39:
This is completely illogical. You say people should judge the game based on what it is and not its past history but then go on to say people should already know what Bethesda games are....which have a rich history as RPG experiences. Past history is an ideal comparison method when evaluating products without a demo, it is probably one of the best ways you can do so. It is fine for products to evolve in directions that some people might not care for. Likewise streamlining isn't inherently bad, it depends on the execution.
The original Fallout games were by different developers. Bethesda took over the franchise with Fallout 3 and changed the design of the game, taking it from a 2D isometric RPG to a first-person action-RPG. It's much like W40K: Dawn Of War 2, which changed the gameplay from RTS to RTT - it's still the same franchise but it's a different take on it.

Bethesda makes action-RPGs - it's not trying to be a traditional RPG game. It's like criticising Far Cry 4 for not including zombies - you might think it would be a better game with zombies but that's not what the developer intended.

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 08:39:
How does judging the writing of "a game" differ from judging it as "an RPG"? They are self-described as role playing games in the first place. If he was criticizing the grammar instead of the narrative I think you might have a point but even that is an aspect of "the game".
The criticism of the writing comes from the lack of meaningful options typically associated with RPGs. It all stems from the 'I believe this should be a hardcore RPG' mentality. I've always found the writing to be enjoyable, especially given the scale of the game.

I just think games should be judged on what they are, not what people think they should be.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 9, 2015, 03:24 theyarecomingforyou

Apple is the richest, most successful company on the planet and posts billions of dollars in profit each year yet it fucks over staff left right and centre. Heck, the manufacturers they use in China had to install suicide nets to prevent people killing themselves at work because the conditions are so bad. Capitalism is broken.

Bring on the revolution.

48. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 19:40 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 17:58:
There are a lot of valid reasons to bash Bethesda. They've been oversimplifying their games and removing RPG elements since Oblivion. Fallout 4 is no exception, with the complete removal of the skill system and the addition of the 4-option dialogue wheel that, when combined with the fully-voiced player character, greatly reduces the number of potential dialogue options you can have. Fallout has a rich RPG history so it's understandable that old-school Fallout fans would be offended by the changes Bethesda has made to the series.
The problem with that thinking is that it doesn't value that game as a whole, only how much of an RPG it is. Trying to fit games into arbitrary categories isn't helpful. The game should be viewed as a whole and both Oblivion and Skyrim have massively expanded the popularity of the franchise by making sensible design changes. For instance, voicing the actor can be considered an improvement to immersion - no longer are characters talking at you while you remain silent. It also means less reading text on the screen, which again isn't good for immersion (though difficult to avoid altogether).

Then there's Bethesda's writing, which is easily the worst among AAA WRPG developers. The writing in Fallout 3 was simply awful, with paper-thin characterizations, black and white morality, completely illogical lore and quite possibly the worst speech checks I've seen in any RPG ever.
That's your opinion but I happen to enjoy their games. Again you're framing everything from the perspective of an RPG rather than as a game. If you judge it as a horse riding simulator it probably comes up short as well but that doesn't make it any less of a game.

So while there are definitely some who hate on anything popular, I think most people rail on Bethesda for legitimate reasons. That doesn't mean Bethesda makes bad games but for people looking for traditional RPG experiences, Bethesda's recent output has been pretty underwhelming.
People know that Bethesda games aren't traditional RPG experiences. The games should be judged on what they are, not what you think they should be.

It's like people comparing Battlefront to Battlefield 4 and moaning about it being dumbed down when it's just aimed at a different audience. Games are always a balancing act between having enough depth but being accessible enough.

46. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 17:11 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 13:44:
Here's the fuck: Fallout 3 came out in 2008. Skyrim came out in 2011. If you're going to compare a game that has a 3 year difference then I sure as hell can compare Skyrim to Witcher 3 that has a 4 year difference. Your snide comment "It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4" is basically like saying "Fallout looks like shit because it doesn't look as good as Skyrim". Hypocrite.
Listen, fuckwit, I wasn't directly comparing Fallout 3 to Skyrim - that would be moronic. What I said was that Fallout 3 had bad graphics for the time, whereas Skyrim's were at least decent (though not exceptional by any means). You were the one who directly compared Skyrim to The Witcher 3, which is moronic.

Task wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 09:58:
I would like to one day play a Bethesda game and not only expect an interesting open world, but an experience that is not shallow. It's become an increasing tiring affair ever since Oblivion. The game doesn't even have to have amazing graphics, but if Polish developers can do it, then it shouldn't be an impossible leap for Beth.
That's your opinion. I very much enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim and consider them to be very compelling worlds, rich with quirky quests and deep lore. Some around here like to rail on Bethesda, I think largely because their games are popular, but I don't think there are many games out there than compare to them. As much as I loved The Witcher 2 I still preferred Skyrim overall.

It's weird how some people around here like to hate on popular games as if that makes them cool or more sophisticated. We've seen that with anything by Bethesda, with Battlefront, with Star Citizen... any time a game is popular there are some here who will bash it.

Personally I'm looking forward to Fallout 4. I'm sure the narrative will be entertaining, the quests fun and the gameplay solid. I'm just disappointed with the graphics and am waiting for reviews before deciding whether to buy it at full price.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 7, 2015, 22:51 theyarecomingforyou

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 18:08:
Notice how nobody cares... XD
Says the person posting about it.

38. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 22:47 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:48:
Go compare Skyrim's graphics to Witcher 3's. Skyrim is definitely dated. But that's not why we play the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout games. We play them because of the story and the exploration. Well, that's why I play them.
What the fuck? Of course The Witcher 3 has better graphics, it's four years more recent.

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 13:22:
It's a sum of all parts for all games. Bethesda games still do things other games don't and until then they will have a following. If you are on a PC gfx will be good and will be great in time with mods.
So it's okay that the graphics are crap because unpaid modders will fix the game? That's a TERRIBLE attitude.

The reason people are complaining is because the engine and assets look like they've barely improved. It simply doesn't hold up to modern titles, like The Witcher 3. That would be fine if they weren't charging a AAA price tag.

The engine and graphics are important. I didn't like Fallout: New Vegas because it was far too similar to Fallout 3 (only more buggy). It just seemed like more of the same, rather than a separate game. For me it's about immersion - if the graphics are dated I find the game less immersive and therefore less enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I'll still likely enjoy the game but Bethesda really need to drop their shitty engine.

22. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 12:30 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really hoping it turns out decent, as all the footage I've seen so far looks weak. Graphically this is NOT a AAA game, based on the screenshots of the PC version. The console versions are shocking.

Fallout never seems to match up to the awe of the Elder Scrolls games. It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
25. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 14:22 theyarecomingforyou

Dacron wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:00:
Gamers: The same group who yell "It's about gameplay not graphics!" then cry "Meh, the graphics aren't as great as I want, no good... skip." as they line up for a BF battlefront.
The issue is that it looks like a mod rather than a AAA game. That wouldn't be a problem if not for the AAA price tag. It's not like they've demonstrated much improvement in the way of gameplay either.

As for Battlefront, it may be a casual game but at least you can see a lot of work went into it and it looks like a modern game. Bethesda needs to put a lot more effort into assets and the engine.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
13. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 12:44 theyarecomingforyou

This looks like a fan mod for Fallout 3. Honestly, the graphics are terrible and the animations appalling.

I'm waiting for reviews before considering this, as I've been underwhelmed so far.

6582 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo