Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6582 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
14. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 11:35 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.
This is a trailer, not a gameplay video. There are plenty of gameplay videos out there showing how seamless it is. Having been playing it for the past week or so it's very impressive for the stage of development but it's obviously not even close to the quality of a finished game.

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:08:
I think it looks like shit. The animations are hillarious
The animations, while improved, are nowhere near finished - they are pretty bad at this stage. But if you think the graphics are bad you're in denial.

Overall this is a very positive step towards the final game. Multicrew is great fun and it's only in its infancy at the moment. Anyone looking for other people to play with should join the Bluesnews organisation in my signature.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
42. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 4, 2015, 07:56 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 21:58:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 06:00:
That's useless advice if you're gaming at 1600p or 4K, which is substantially more demanding than 1080p. There is no single card that can run games well at 1600p or 4K. Even with my dual-GTX 970 setup I still get framerate drops in games like Crysis 3 and Far Cry 4 - single GPU performance is poor, even with a GTX 980 Ti.

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z 12G-P4-3990-KR 12GB GAMING. $1,550 at Newegg. This SINGLE card was designed specifically for 4K gaming without needing to overclock. In about 2-3 years this card will drop down to $300-400; or less. SLI/Crossfire is never going to get proper support because developers aren't going to waste time and money to support something that has a very small niche market.

Did a little more research and it looks like the GTX Titan Z is basically 2 GTX Titans in one card. So there's your SLI. Get this video card and you'll have SLI performance without the SLI nonsense.
I have done my research, which is why I know you're wrong. The Titan Z can't hit 60fps @ 4K in Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, Thief, etc. Even the GTX 980 Ti in SLI struggles when it comes to 4K but it comes a hell of a lot closer than any single GPU. The reason I haven't moved to 4K is because 60fps is unobtainable - however, 1600p is perfectly doable with SLI (and now some single GPU cards which weren't available when I bought mine).

The reality is that most AAA games support SLI, hence why it gets attention when games like Arkham Knight and Just Cause 3 don't. Even Fallout 4, which didn't support it at launch, now supports it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 13:11 theyarecomingforyou

I'm going to transition entirely to SSDs as soon as I can. I've had too many HDDs fail for me to even consider them viable for long-term storage.  

31. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 2, 2015, 06:00 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 02:44:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 23:14:
PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:28:
I would be very curious as to how many of us blues crew here actually run multi GPU setups.

I would if I wasn't so poor. To a layman, a single powerful card is pretty much always better than two lesser cards... so SLI, exactly like GSync, is only useful to the people who can afford top-end equipment in the first place.

Even if you have the money, SLI/Crossfire isn't a very good investment. Many games either do not support it or have problems when using it. I had a dual GPU card a years ago and was only able to effectively use both GPUs about 50% of the time. Things haven't really changed since then.

I agree with this. Say you have the money for two moderately powerful cards, you would be better advised to spend it on a single but much more powerful card. According to some people I know who game on SLI, Nvidia support for SLI has been horrid, and even in cases where they managed to get it to work, there are games which show 99% usage of both cards yet play at exactly the same speed as one card (or even slower).
That's useless advice if you're gaming at 1600p or 4K, which is substantially more demanding than 1080p. There is no single card that can run games well at 1600p or 4K. Even with my dual-GTX 970 setup I still get framerate drops in games like Crysis 3 and Far Cry 4 - single GPU performance is poor, even with a GTX 980 Ti.

Most decent releases support SLI. Notice the article just two above this announces Rainbow Six: Siege has SLI support. It's shitty console ports, like this and Arkham Knight, that don't and they shouldn't be tolerated. Multi-GPU support is a great indication as to whether a PC port is decent or not.

When did Bluesnews become the home of mediocrity? I thought PC gamers demanded the best, not shitty console ports.

PS - I hope DX12 makes multi-GPU support more mainstream, as it is supposed to support non-matched cards by different manufacturers and pool their resources.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 13:04 theyarecomingforyou

Wow, that water looks terrible. They should be embarrassed by it, not promoting it.  

10. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 12:45 theyarecomingforyou

Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 10:38:
It's always better to invest in a strong, single GPU. I don't understand why people fuck around with multiple GPU setups. I read about issues with it since the time it was introduced!
Because some people want higher quality settings and resolutions. When I bought my multi-GPU setup there was no single GPU capable of running all games at 60fps @ 1600p. The same is true today of 4K. Multi-GPU setups allow for better quality visuals, which is one of the main reasons for gaming on PC.

Don't criticise the people buying multi-GPU setups; criticise the lazy developers who refuse to support it. I'm fed up with these shitty console ports. Proper PC games support SLI and Crossfire. Looking at the reviews it's a mediocre game and the user scores are worse.

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
9. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Nov 30, 2015, 16:07 theyarecomingforyou

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:35:
God damn, AMD is trash. Their drivers have always been shit, but it seems like they're getting progressively worse these days. There's a reason they're cheaper, folks. Not worth the headaches or the risk if you ask me.
nVidia has had similar driver bugs before and I've had plenty of issues with nVidia drivers this year, with the driver crashing on the desktop.

Any effort by AMD to improve their drivers should be applauded, not criticised.

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
13. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 14:59 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:14:
If you've never played the Brutal Doom mod for Doom, I can understand that you'd think that the new Doom trailer looked good. For someone that has played Brutal Doom, I can tell you that the new Doom looks meh... It's wayyyy too slow and the killing is unsatisfying because of all the repetitive executions that constantly pause the action. Also, the guns sound pretty bad, especially the plasma gun, what the hell. Play Brutal Doom right now, it's one of the best shooters on the market at the moment. It reminded me what actual level design looked like.
Brutal Doom is a mod predicated entirely on nostalgia - it's not a worthwhile game in its own right, let alone 'one of the best shooters on the market'. You're talking shit mate. To call the new Doom 'too slow' is laughable when it's one of the most fast-paced shooters we've seen recently. I mean, seriously - go back and watch a few videos of Doom 1 or 2, they're not any faster paced.

Personally I think the new Doom is exactly what the franchise needs and I say that as someone who played the originals extensively when they came out and Wolfenstein 3D before them. You're free to disagree but don't insult us by bringing Brutal Doom into the discussion.

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
11. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 07:22 theyarecomingforyou

Rhett wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 12:52:
I've heard the MP is not very good.. like they made it even more arcadey and Call-of-Duty-like.
Call Of Duty is just a derivative of Quake 3 multiplayer. And to be honest that's exactly what I'd expect from this, so I'm happy with that.

Personally I thought the footage they showed off at E3 was awesome - much better than I expected. The last thing they should be doing is trying to make it like Battlefield or Counter-Strike.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
28. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 11:55 theyarecomingforyou

harlock wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 10:18:
bioshock was fucking garbage compared to SS2
Disagree.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
15. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 26, 2015, 19:34 theyarecomingforyou

I remember playing System Shock when it came out, or at least a demo of it, and I enjoyed it but it was pretty inaccessible. A remastered version would be fun to mess around with.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Delayed
8. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Open Beta Delayed Nov 26, 2015, 09:33 theyarecomingforyou

What's even the point of an open beta just five days from release? They can't incorporate any meaningful changes in that period. Usually open betas this close to release are just for PR. There are some definite alarm bells going off.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Inventory Security
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Inventory Security Nov 26, 2015, 03:42 theyarecomingforyou

There are very few people out there without smartphones, so this is a sensible move. It's basically a push to get people using the SGMA, which will mitigate the risk of fraudulent trades. Generally it's easier to get access to someone's email account than it is their smartphone, especially nowadays with fingerprint scanners on phones.

I remember the frustration of my brother when he lost all his items in Diablo III because he wasn't using the Blizzard Authenticator. They eventually restored all his items but it was a major inconvenience.

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
4. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 11:20 theyarecomingforyou

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:14:
The reason to keep working on it has to do with reputation. If I know you are going to release a game and support it, I'm likely to buy based on what the game could be rather than what it is at launch. But if I know you are going to drop support for your games quickly, especially if they don't sell well (which happens most frequently with buggy games), then I'm not buying anything that isn't pristine at launch. So you are not supporting for the money you make off this game, but the money you hope to make on the next game.

And this entitled twat has pretty much guaranteed that many people won't bother with his next game at all. Because he can't be trusted to support his flops along with his successes, and we're not willing to take that chance. He's so the poster-child for the spoiled, entitled generations that live now, unwilling to defer gratification for future rewards...
The game came out seven months ago. Most games don't get supported that long. I don't think your criticism is fair at all.

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
2. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 10:50 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:28:
Eh, I can see his point. If he makes no money off of it, why keep working on it. In the end you pay money for the game, and if the dev keeps supporting it after the fact, then hurray! But it shouldn't really be expected.
Exactly. To be honest I'm not sure why I never picked up the sequel, as I loved the original game. Saying that the Steam reviews aren't particularly positive, so maybe it was just a bad game.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
10. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 12:19 theyarecomingforyou

It's too little too late. I won't be buying any more of their games.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
15. Re: Saturday Previews - SC String them along update Nov 23, 2015, 09:16 theyarecomingforyou

harlock wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 08:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 05:23:
The release of 2.0 is proof

where is the release? in your fantasies? in your dreams?

show me the release of the core game you are talking about
They've released 2.0 to the PTU, which includes the Baby PU functionality. If you're talking about Squadron 42 then that's due next year, as you're well aware.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
12. Re: Saturday Previews - SC String them along update Nov 23, 2015, 05:23 theyarecomingforyou

Bub wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 06:22:
its clear someone is paying a slew of graphic artists on highend workstations to churn out these teasers and not to forget the jpegs of ships to be sold, rather than actually say deliver a product.
The release of 2.0 is proof of the exact opposite - that they've been working flat out on the core game. It adds many of the core features promised: multi-crew ships, large system, quantum travel, missions, first-person combat, etc.

But haters gonna hate.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 22, 2015, 14:12 theyarecomingforyou

The only VR titles running at 1080p @ 90fps on PS4 are going to be Wii U style. That doesn't mean there won't be some great games but PC is where VR is really going to thrive.  

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
5. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 19:11 theyarecomingforyou

What a fucking train wreck. I don't know why they bothered pulling it in the first place if they weren't going to fix it properly. If their intention was to kill off the franchise they did a superb job.  

6582 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo