Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6574 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
75. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 20:25 theyarecomingforyou

descender wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 14:57:
Of course they are still "trying to build the tech" FFS... no one ever has before and you have absolutely no right to claim if and when they should be able to "complete" it by. Just because you tried and failed in the past (miserably, every time) doesn't mean that any other developer will. With any luck their process DOES look completely foreign to you so they aren't accidentally following in your footsteps of failure. Listening to you talk about developing a space sim is like listening to Cheney and Rove talk about Iraq or having Bill Cosby give dating advice to your kids. Just shut the fuck up already.

You've proven yourself to be nothing but a blatant troll with no facts to back up any of the ridiculous claims and threats you've made. Did you think that the 3 months since your last post would make us all forget how wrong you have been about everything you've said so far? Are you still holding back all that "truth" and "facts" for the fake lawsuits you keep threatening to file? Your attempts to position yourself as some sort of white-knight for backers are obvious and kind of sad. Are you lonely?

The only likely result of this delayed development process is that the $3mil in kickstarter money gets refunded to the backers and then CIG won't have to rush out half-featured and buggy alpha's for impatient assholes. I still don't understand why CIG hasn't done this already, they don't need that $3mil in any way and it brings them nothing but strife, headaches and bad PR.

You seem to have it in your head that you are going to whine loudly enough to get the entire $100mil refunded or that Chris Roberts is going to finally tell you he spent it all on hookers and blow, both are absolutely out of the question so it's time for you to find something better to do.
+1

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
5. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 14:23 theyarecomingforyou

wtf_man wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 13:52:
Unfortunately they have blown most of that wad and are only at Alpha 2.0... do the math.
I heard they invested it all in the stock market and now have $200m. There's as much evidence to support my claim.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
52. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 12:29 theyarecomingforyou

G.oZ wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 11:07:
You can stop using this silly PRE-alpha terminology now. This is not some testing module, but an alpha of the actual Persistent Universe.
Alpha is defined as a feature complete, which Star Citizen is clearly not. Unfortunately there is so much misuse of the term, including by CIG, that it's meaningless.

G.oZ wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 11:07:
This is what the multiplayer is going to be like if it is open PvP. People taking advantage of every flaw, every loophole, anything they can find. Spent $5,000 on the game? Don't worry, a $25 starter package a-hole is going to be waiting in the shadows to try and ruin your day.

Interesting thing, reading that comments thread, is that it seems people want this type of EVE Online scenario where basically anything goes - where players can form their own Goonswarm.
Ships can be accessed only by the owner for a certain period of time, meaning people can't simply camp the landing pad and steal ships - I know because I've tried to do it. Once the ship has been accessed anyone can use it. However, that is only temporary until new security systems are implemented - in the future you'll be able to control who has access to individual positions within the ship.

Most people don't want a free-for-all. What they want is piracy as a legitimate career but for the game to not be dominated by it. There will be safe zones, security forces, insurance and access limitations - the further you stray from safe areas the greater the risk and reward. In fact there has been a lot of criticism of Goons on the forum, so don't assume for one second that the way will be based around that mentality.

16. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 23:17 theyarecomingforyou

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 22:49:
Seriously, isn't about time for all you deluded people to stop defending this studio? The game is still garbage and the changes they are trumpeting don't fix the major problems. Stop making excuses and face reality, they are way over their heads making this game and the chances of it getting better are not good. Even friends of mine who have stubbornly stuck with this title have finally realized that they will probably never see a decent game out of this now even though they have invested a ton of money in it.
Why does my enjoyment of the game irk you so? If I, and the other backers, enjoy it then that's all that matters. I've been playing 2.0 with my friends and we've been having a great time, despite all the bugs and incomplete features.

Nothing Derek Smart has said about this game has been accurate. He's just a troll and every new release only further validates that. I suggest you find something better to do with your life than to piss on the enjoyment of others - that cannot be a fulfilling life and I genuinely pity you.

10. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 11, 2015, 22:20 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 20:19:
That trailer looks exactly like every other one over the last few years. I don't see any real progress there. And the animations still look horrendous.
They've implemented multi-crew ships, zoning, large-world maps, missions, quantum drive, FPS combat and EVA yet you can't see any progress? As for the trailer, what's important is that everything show you can do in-game now. It's no longer just a flashy PR video, as the trolls claimed before.

The animations are poor but they're temporary. It also doesn't have anti-aliasing, DX12 support or any one of thousands of other features planned... BECAUSE IT'S PRE-ALPHA. They're still reworking the player skeletons and will be building a motion capture room into the new LA studio. If your point is that there's still a lot of work to do then no shit, Sherlock.

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
12. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 11:53 theyarecomingforyou

I played the open beta and enjoyed it. Yes it's a casual game but it's not trying to be anything else. Not only that but it looks stunning and is extremely faithful to the franchise. It's just a shame there's no singleplayer campaign.

Normally I can't fault EA enough for the shit they pull but Battlefront is exactly what the Star Wars franchise needed.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
7. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 14:04 theyarecomingforyou

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 11:27:
If there is one thing I wish Elite had, it was a better tutorial introduction. Have new players run through a three to five mission arc that shows them the basics of the game organically instead of the currently very stilted scenarios.
Agreed. I'm a huge fan of the genre but it was difficult getting to grips with it at first. I had to rebind some of the controls for it to make any sense. What's weird is they even link to YouTube videos as a tutorial when it could have simply been done in-game. I also don't like the way the tutorial is really bitty - you'll finish one and it will just go back to the menu for you to select another.

The tutorial in Star Citizen does a better job and has a narrative but even that overloads the player with excessive prompts and keys to learn. Neither game is friendly to new users. These games aren't like shooters where players can figure out the basics - they need decent tutorials.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Dec 6, 2015, 18:23 theyarecomingforyou

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 05:30:
I guess there's no Skype or videoconferencing in Cloud Imperium.
They Skype regularly but sometimes face-to-face meetings are more productive. Other businesses do the same thing, yet for some reason people believe that CIG should operate by different rules. The reality is that there is talent all around the world and not everybody is willing to relocate, which is why they have multiple studios. There are also tax incentives, especially in the UK.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 6, 2015, 15:04 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 11:00:
Sq42 is all I want. Will it be possible for me to buy just the single player game without investing in ships or the PU?
Yup. Just buy any package on the website that includes Squadron 42, which currently is all of them. Here's a link. That may change in the future, as I believe they're planning to separate Star Citizen and the PU from Squadron 42. Any change won't affect existing backers.

The ships are all acquirable in-game and it's been stated you won't have to grind to own them. In fact half the enjoyment is earning them, rather than simply buying them outright. Personally I think buying all the ships is counterproductive. Also, should you decide later that you want a different ship you can CCU to them (there will be three starter ships you can choose from at no extra cost, the rest will cost).

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 6, 2015, 10:34 theyarecomingforyou

The slowdown bug is a server issue that caused the game to run progressively slower. It was introduced in 2.0f and fixed in a matter of days by 2.0h. The biggest issue has been server stability, as the networking is a new feature.

The development is highly parallelised. That means when pretty ship explosions are ready they get added to the game at the same time as something substantial, like the local physics grid with multicrew support or large world maps. Also, features and performance have to been focused on together given that the game is playable throughout development - polish will come later, as you would expect.

At the end of the day people are getting what they want. The Issue Council allows fans to report bugs / feedback and prioritise addressing them. There is no desire to extend the alpha period arbitrarily, as fans pledge more when there is content to show for it - funding dropped off significantly this year when there was no new content to play or see. Also, they're planning the next two singleplayer campaigns (Squadron 42 is part of a trilogy) and will no doubt continue concepting and selling ships once the PTU is officially released.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
53. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 5, 2015, 16:55 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 16:49:
You don't like someone pointing out what gullible imbeciles you fanboys out so that makes us trolls? Fucking LOL! You're pathetic!

Yes,it has been 5 years because they were in development for 2 years before their KS. And ok, while they haven't burned through all their cash the estimates are they've burned through about 60 million which is why they're DESPERATE for more suckers to back them. But yeah, you and the other fanboy clowns keep rationalizing away as hard as you can. You're all such fools. I so look forward to your bitter tears and angst to come. Meantime, keep rationalizing away, jackass.
The number of years it was in concept is irrelevant, especially when you're talking about a handful of people working in the free time. In terms of man hours a single day now, with 300+ staff and hundreds of contractors, is more productive than those two years. The amount of time isn't important, it's the amount of work done. CIG has had to build up the studio from scratch, whereas most AAA games start with an established team. When the Kickstarter launched there were only 7 staff working mostly in their free time.

Your bullshit might have swayed some people before but now that the progress is tangible and 2.0 is playable nobody cares what you have to say. As for funding, the game raised $5m this past month alone - even with 300 staff based on the average salary they only need $1.5m per month, plus other expenses (studios, taxes, bills, etc). And they've only recently increased to that many staff, so earlier expenditure would have been substantially lower. Your claims are demonstrably absurd. The money is there to be spent developing the game, which is exactly what they're doing.

51. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 5, 2015, 11:45 theyarecomingforyou

1badmf wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 09:41:
is there a place the Blue Crew can post messages? i don't see it on the org page, but i would like to get into it with you guys. i'm already a member and i have a cutlass and 315p.
I've setup a Discord channel for Bluesnews. Follow this link to join.

14. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 11:35 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.
This is a trailer, not a gameplay video. There are plenty of gameplay videos out there showing how seamless it is. Having been playing it for the past week or so it's very impressive for the stage of development but it's obviously not even close to the quality of a finished game.

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:08:
I think it looks like shit. The animations are hillarious
The animations, while improved, are nowhere near finished - they are pretty bad at this stage. But if you think the graphics are bad you're in denial.

Overall this is a very positive step towards the final game. Multicrew is great fun and it's only in its infancy at the moment. Anyone looking for other people to play with should join the Bluesnews organisation in my signature.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
42. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 4, 2015, 07:56 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 21:58:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 06:00:
That's useless advice if you're gaming at 1600p or 4K, which is substantially more demanding than 1080p. There is no single card that can run games well at 1600p or 4K. Even with my dual-GTX 970 setup I still get framerate drops in games like Crysis 3 and Far Cry 4 - single GPU performance is poor, even with a GTX 980 Ti.

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z 12G-P4-3990-KR 12GB GAMING. $1,550 at Newegg. This SINGLE card was designed specifically for 4K gaming without needing to overclock. In about 2-3 years this card will drop down to $300-400; or less. SLI/Crossfire is never going to get proper support because developers aren't going to waste time and money to support something that has a very small niche market.

Did a little more research and it looks like the GTX Titan Z is basically 2 GTX Titans in one card. So there's your SLI. Get this video card and you'll have SLI performance without the SLI nonsense.
I have done my research, which is why I know you're wrong. The Titan Z can't hit 60fps @ 4K in Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, Thief, etc. Even the GTX 980 Ti in SLI struggles when it comes to 4K but it comes a hell of a lot closer than any single GPU. The reason I haven't moved to 4K is because 60fps is unobtainable - however, 1600p is perfectly doable with SLI (and now some single GPU cards which weren't available when I bought mine).

The reality is that most AAA games support SLI, hence why it gets attention when games like Arkham Knight and Just Cause 3 don't. Even Fallout 4, which didn't support it at launch, now supports it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 13:11 theyarecomingforyou

I'm going to transition entirely to SSDs as soon as I can. I've had too many HDDs fail for me to even consider them viable for long-term storage.  

31. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 2, 2015, 06:00 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 02:44:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 23:14:
PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:28:
I would be very curious as to how many of us blues crew here actually run multi GPU setups.

I would if I wasn't so poor. To a layman, a single powerful card is pretty much always better than two lesser cards... so SLI, exactly like GSync, is only useful to the people who can afford top-end equipment in the first place.

Even if you have the money, SLI/Crossfire isn't a very good investment. Many games either do not support it or have problems when using it. I had a dual GPU card a years ago and was only able to effectively use both GPUs about 50% of the time. Things haven't really changed since then.

I agree with this. Say you have the money for two moderately powerful cards, you would be better advised to spend it on a single but much more powerful card. According to some people I know who game on SLI, Nvidia support for SLI has been horrid, and even in cases where they managed to get it to work, there are games which show 99% usage of both cards yet play at exactly the same speed as one card (or even slower).
That's useless advice if you're gaming at 1600p or 4K, which is substantially more demanding than 1080p. There is no single card that can run games well at 1600p or 4K. Even with my dual-GTX 970 setup I still get framerate drops in games like Crysis 3 and Far Cry 4 - single GPU performance is poor, even with a GTX 980 Ti.

Most decent releases support SLI. Notice the article just two above this announces Rainbow Six: Siege has SLI support. It's shitty console ports, like this and Arkham Knight, that don't and they shouldn't be tolerated. Multi-GPU support is a great indication as to whether a PC port is decent or not.

When did Bluesnews become the home of mediocrity? I thought PC gamers demanded the best, not shitty console ports.

PS - I hope DX12 makes multi-GPU support more mainstream, as it is supposed to support non-matched cards by different manufacturers and pool their resources.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 13:04 theyarecomingforyou

Wow, that water looks terrible. They should be embarrassed by it, not promoting it.  

10. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 12:45 theyarecomingforyou

Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 10:38:
It's always better to invest in a strong, single GPU. I don't understand why people fuck around with multiple GPU setups. I read about issues with it since the time it was introduced!
Because some people want higher quality settings and resolutions. When I bought my multi-GPU setup there was no single GPU capable of running all games at 60fps @ 1600p. The same is true today of 4K. Multi-GPU setups allow for better quality visuals, which is one of the main reasons for gaming on PC.

Don't criticise the people buying multi-GPU setups; criticise the lazy developers who refuse to support it. I'm fed up with these shitty console ports. Proper PC games support SLI and Crossfire. Looking at the reviews it's a mediocre game and the user scores are worse.

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
9. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Nov 30, 2015, 16:07 theyarecomingforyou

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:35:
God damn, AMD is trash. Their drivers have always been shit, but it seems like they're getting progressively worse these days. There's a reason they're cheaper, folks. Not worth the headaches or the risk if you ask me.
nVidia has had similar driver bugs before and I've had plenty of issues with nVidia drivers this year, with the driver crashing on the desktop.

Any effort by AMD to improve their drivers should be applauded, not criticised.

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
13. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 14:59 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 09:14:
If you've never played the Brutal Doom mod for Doom, I can understand that you'd think that the new Doom trailer looked good. For someone that has played Brutal Doom, I can tell you that the new Doom looks meh... It's wayyyy too slow and the killing is unsatisfying because of all the repetitive executions that constantly pause the action. Also, the guns sound pretty bad, especially the plasma gun, what the hell. Play Brutal Doom right now, it's one of the best shooters on the market at the moment. It reminded me what actual level design looked like.
Brutal Doom is a mod predicated entirely on nostalgia - it's not a worthwhile game in its own right, let alone 'one of the best shooters on the market'. You're talking shit mate. To call the new Doom 'too slow' is laughable when it's one of the most fast-paced shooters we've seen recently. I mean, seriously - go back and watch a few videos of Doom 1 or 2, they're not any faster paced.

Personally I think the new Doom is exactly what the franchise needs and I say that as someone who played the originals extensively when they came out and Wolfenstein 3D before them. You're free to disagree but don't insult us by bringing Brutal Doom into the discussion.

6574 Comments. 329 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo