Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6577 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible
6. Re: AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible May 7, 2015, 10:49 theyarecomingforyou

Online purchases should be taxed. That's the case in Europe and prices here are fine. The issue is that prices in Australia are massively inflated due to greedy publishers.

I feel sorry for Australians. Not only do they have to pay a lot for games but they have a clown of a Prime Minister.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
28. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 07:04 theyarecomingforyou

GMG is a major site and it is unacceptable for GOG to boycott it then act annoyed when GMG is forced to go an alternative route.

I hate the way publishers become dicks when they realise they have a big game on their hands and their own digital distribution service to push it on. GOG was initially quite respectable but I cannot support bullshit like this.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
64. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 2, 2015, 10:23 theyarecomingforyou

NKD wrote on May 2, 2015, 04:37:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:12:

We've all seen so many tech demos over the years that pan out to be nothing

Like Star Citizen?
Don't give up your day job.

61. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 2, 2015, 04:09 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:41:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:12:
Uncanny valley? Not even close. It looks fake, not creepy fake. The skin is plasticky, the lighting too soft, the hair very flat, etc. To be honest it really doesn't wow me.

Star Citizen was putting out work-in-progress pictures like this two years ago using current hardware and the models have since been overhauled. I consider that much more compelling given that this is a real implementation, rather than a tech demo running on a setup that is unattainable for 99% of people.

We've all seen so many tech demos over the years that pan out to be nothing - for all intents and purposes it might as well be pre-rendered.

But those lips!
Don't say that in front of Ruby!

57. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 20:12 theyarecomingforyou

Uncanny valley? Not even close. It looks fake, not creepy fake. The skin is plasticky, the lighting too soft, the hair very flat, etc. To be honest it really doesn't wow me.

Star Citizen was putting out work-in-progress pictures like this two years ago using current hardware and the models have since been overhauled. I consider that much more compelling given that this is a real implementation, rather than a tech demo running on a setup that is unattainable for 99% of people.

We've all seen so many tech demos over the years that pan out to be nothing - for all intents and purposes it might as well be pre-rendered.

News Comments > More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam
1. Re: More Star Wars Classics on GOG.com & Steam Apr 28, 2015, 20:26 theyarecomingforyou

Awesome. Might have to pickup Tie Fighter now that it's been updated. Still, it's a little pricey for an obsolete game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed Apr 28, 2015, 19:39 theyarecomingforyou

It's rather misleading to call them dedicated servers when players can't host them themselves or act as admins. Not that it matters, as COD games are so overpriced and derivative that they don't even register for me anymore.  

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
18. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 26, 2015, 09:38 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 08:08:
Except botting is cheating using third party software. Do you see the difference?
There is no difference. Cheating is cheating.

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
33. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 22, 2015, 11:19 theyarecomingforyou

Krovven wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 19:16:
Exaggerated analogy that doesn't really fit. Similar to Battlelog it removes cumbersome database heavy info from the game and puts it in a place that's not going to bloat the client.

Having to sign in to a network to play a game is nothing new and the majority now. While I accept that some don't like that, that's reality now. At least with this there are many benefits to the service that enhance the game.
It should be optional, just like it is with Cities Skylines. The last thing gamers want is to have to manage accounts from every publisher because they insist upon using a proprietary system, particularly if the accounts are vulnerable to theft. Imagine if you had to sign up for an account every time you buy a different loaf of bread or music album.

I haven't played GTA V but RSC was utterly worthless and irritating in GTA IV and other games. It's forced upon users for no good reason. The only way for people to keep track of all their accounts is to create a database or use the same details for every account (which is hugely insecure). By the time I'm 50 I'll probably have 20,000 different accounts for websites, apps, games, etc. Saying it's 'nothing new' isn't an excuse - genocide isn't anything new but that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

PS - I'm not excluding Steam, Origin or Uplay from criticism either. I have no problem with those services but they should be optional, not forced upon users. If I buy a game on Steam it should use Steamworks - not Uplay or Origin. Same if it was bought on Origin or Uplay. It's even worse when we're talking about EA, which actively boycotts Steam.

31. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 18:54 theyarecomingforyou

Krovven wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 14:24:
Actually there is a lot of useful stats tracking, crew management, and at least on consoles for now all the user made jobs are managed from SC. There are plenty more little things, but these are a few of the big ones. I'd no sooner like to remove all of this than remove Steam and all of its features.
The issue is that it's mandatory. I have no doubt that many of those features are useful to a lot of players but when they're forced upon everybody it's a problem. I'm sure a lot of people would like a free blowjob when they buy a dishwasher but those that don't shouldn't have to endure a toothless shemale whore gnawing on their lovestick.

16. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 11:35 theyarecomingforyou

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 10:24:
I was under the impression it's being used for GTA online. Is that not the case?
Multiplayer games don't require an online account, so that's no excuse. It's only required for marketing (to flog you more shit) or for advertising (whoring out your personal information for their profit).

6. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 09:58 theyarecomingforyou

If games weren't bundled with nonsense like this then this wouldn't be an issue. The RSC has always been pointless.  

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
11. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 21, 2015, 08:14 theyarecomingforyou

I loved Alan Wake but it was definitely hurt because of the Xbox exclusivity deal, especially all the bullshit they put out about the PC.

As for the prototype video, it's just the same as the main game - there's nothing innovative.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch
3. Re: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch Apr 19, 2015, 17:37 theyarecomingforyou

Meh, who cares? Very few publishers get F2P right.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
15. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 03:53 theyarecomingforyou

Love this game. I've only owned it a week and already sunk 40hrs into it. I refuse to buy EA games, so it's great that we have a game that is better, cheaper and worth supporting. This game is seriously addictive! I was playing the other day and checked my Steam counter to see that I'd been playing for over eight hours solid (no food, no toilet break, no distractions).

To be honest I wasn't expecting much after games like Cities In Motion and Cities XL.

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update
9. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 7, 2015, 17:50 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 15:19:
I did, and I know Creston did too, he is a huge fan of that game. Almost like a fanboy of sort
For me personally this review kind of sums up my feelings
I saw that review and, having played previous X games, wasn't at all surprised. As much as I love the genre I can't stand those games.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 15:16:
Did any of you guys play X-Rebirth?

It had a whole bunch of "pretty" station running around in that game which served to do two things:

#1: Annoy the shit out of the player
#2: Waste tons of time not actually playing the game.

I feel like while walking into Dumper's Depot looks cool. Functionally, as a video game should be fun foremost, it will be tedious and boring as fuck.
Nothing I've seen suggests the planetside content will be boring and unnecessary. In fact one of the videos CIG put out explained how they were implementing NPC events (i.e. a bandit might attack you or a shady character will offer you a mission) and allowing people the ability to sneak in weapons in order to make sure players are always on their toes. They recognised that locations like those shown are impressive at first but quickly blend into the background, so they'll be creating dynamic activities to create compelling experiences. Whether they'll deliver is another matter but they're certainly well aware of the mistakes of other games.

I picture it as being something like Skyrim, only a bit more interactive and with other players. As with most elements of the game players will be able to choose what to prioritise, so if you don't care for the planetside locations you can minimise your exposure to them.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:01:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:56:
The actual link: HERE
Exercise ball knockout mode for Arena Commander 1.2 Confirmed !!!
80 mill stretch goal exercise ball hand pump for your hangar!
And it will only cost $25 to pledge for.

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update
3. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 7, 2015, 12:56 theyarecomingforyou

The actual link: HERE  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot Apr 4, 2015, 11:16 theyarecomingforyou

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 22:02:
I'm sure with their 100 million sales, or whatever the final tally will be, they're all broken up about that. And you'll be the only gamer on earth that hasn't played it.
No self-respecting PC gamer should buy GTA V after the contempt that Rockstar has shown for the platform. I know I certainly won't, despite owning every other entry in the series. I prefer not to pay the people pissing in my face.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
74. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 3, 2015, 09:37 theyarecomingforyou

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:40:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:38:
I will wait until the state of the pc port becomes clear. I recall 4's performance on PC being terrible.

Which was fixed not long after release and ran excellently, even when you unlock the settings to max them out.
No it wasn't. I have an i7 2600K @4.6GHz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX970 and a 30" 2560x1600 display and the game runs like ass. I can max out Crysis and get a solid 60fps yet with GTA 4, a game that looks like ass, I get drops to 30fps and it runs at 45-55fps. It was one of the worst ports I've seen.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 12:34 theyarecomingforyou

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:22:
My guess is that this video isn't showing max settings but rather highlighting 60 FPS.
Of course it's showing the highest setting, it's a promotional video. The reality is that it's a one-and-a-half year old console game that's been ported to PC. It was never a good looking game and Rockstar really doesn't give a shit about PC gamers.

6577 Comments. 329 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo