Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6633 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
13. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 18:16 theyarecomingforyou

When employees are let go it's only natural that some of them will hit out at the company. There's no way to verify any of the assertions made. Could they be accurate? Absolutely. Could they be exaggerated? More than likely. This isn't the first time an ex-employee has been critical of the company.

What's interesting is the post by Chris Roberts about Derek Smart:

Derek Smart is very adept at doing what he has been doing; spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. He always grabs one nugget of a fact and uses that to sell a whole lot of lies and disinformation. He tweets about Star Citizen EVERY DAY. Not once but multiple times. If you read his Twitter stream it comes across as the crusade of a crazy man. He continually blogs about us. He constantly agitates…encouraging people to ask for refunds, report us to the FTC, the FBI and/or their local attorney general. He calls me a liar, a fraud, incompetent and many other names. He has slandered my family members and business partners. He has publically doxed me, sharing the address of my home in LA, pictures of my wife and five year old daughter.

Yup, Derek Smart is even more of an asshole that I had previously thought. Impressive.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
180. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 16:43 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 15:14:
@ Theyarecoming, Lurkerlito

We had a good discussion of salary here. Basically, after looking at the industry average salary of $83K, we went with $120K per employee to cover salary, company paid benefits (healthcare, AD&D, 401K, etc. usually ~$15K at this salary), office space, equipment, expenses, utilities, promotion, etc. etc. For 250 employees, that's $3M per month. So, they've spent appr $27M this year, while bringing in (as of today) $21,315,808. That's not too bad. The thing is, they've got to keep spending $3M for several more years, and funding is only going to drop off going forward.
That sounds reasonable. It doesn't matter that they're spending more than they're taking in because they raised so much early on when their expenditure was low. I'd expect funding to increase substantially when Squadron 42 is released, which should be some time next year. Also, all that money has been raised via the Kickstarter and their own website - it will increase substantially when the game is inevitably added to Steam, presumably under the Early Access programme.

I'm sure CIG will scale the number of employees to match funding. That's just standard business practice and we know that CIG frequently terminates underperforming staff, so it's being run as a proper business. When CIG starts delivering content I'm sure funding will increase, as that's been the pattern so far. The first Squadron 42 footage is going to be released this month, which is a major milestone for the project. Showing a top-tier Hollywood cast will certainly increase the attention it receives - just look at what Kevin Spacey did for Call Of Duty.

Drayth wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 16:20:
Base price is actually $350, and yeah I didn't like the way this was reported either. Even $350 is a lot of money thrown to the wind, but the article reads like $900 is what this ship is set at.
Exactly. The $900 package includes the ship and all modules, which you can't use at the same time. That said, given the price is so extreme in comparison to the industry average I don't really fault Blue.

Murder She Wrote wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 16:22:
dsmart wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 13:13:
And the point of the comparison is without merit.

Just because the comparison embarrasses you doesn't mean its without merit. Perhaps you should worry about putting work into your own products and let other creators worry about their own projects. If you spent as much time creating your games as you did waging war on the internet the end result might be better for yourself and the few customers you've ever had.
Even if he had the same budget and same development period he couldn't even come close to what Chris Roberts is doing.

169. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 14:47 theyarecomingforyou

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 13:50:
OK so let's use YOUR numbers and say they AVERAGED since 2013 till September 2015 (33 months) approximately $2m per month. That should more than take care of the first year 2013 of having a lower number of employees and lower operating costs. Then very simple to use math to calculate that they have used up approximately $66m out of the $90m they had. At that $2m/month rate they only have 12 months of money left (~$24m left). But if you use your numbers and say CIG is now burning $3m/month then that is ~8 months. Let's say he gets another $3m this month from spaceship sales. Do you honestly believe this game will be DONE in 8-13 months? I know I don't from what CIG has shown. That doesn't even take into consideration the simple fact that even if CIG miraculously finishes the game feature complete in the next 13 months, he won't have enough money to keep the servers running for the PU running without a bare minimum requiring a subscription fee.
The numbers I used were extremely padded. Bandwidth and studio costs aren't going to be running at $1m a month, I just used that as a worst case scenario - it was also using industry averages for salary when CIG has openly stated they have a higher percentage of less experienced people from the modding community. A year ago and a half ago CIG has 212 employees, including external contractors - to average back to 2013 at $2m a month isn't reasonable. Further, all the doom and gloom is predicated on CIG deliberately employing more staff that it has the money for and knowingly burning through its cash reserves. There is no evidence to support that. Is it a concern? Sure, but it's speculation.

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 13:50:
You don't need Derek Smart to figure out that CIG is in way over their heads and they are running low on cash now. It's simply basic logic applied to simple math along with what CIG has shown and accomplished over the past 33 months vs what they have promised to deliver in the finished product and the time left they have in terms of approximate cash they have left. To put it in simple terms, fire up the latest version of SC that you have. Play it, and tell yourself what your are playing now took 33 months! They now have somewhere on the order of 8-13 months left of cash. Now ask yourself the simple question, if what you just played took 33 months to make, how can they expect to finish what they promised in the next 8-13 months and keep up the PU servers?
You haven't demonstrated that CIG is low on cash - it's speculation. Without looking through the accounts we can't know that. Further, if CIG starts to run low on cash it can simply scale back the number of employees. What is playable now doesn't represent the entirety of the development - we've seen Star Marine, multi-crew, large world maps and much more shown off. Squadron 42 has been kept under wraps but we know the script is done, the performance capture completed, most of the ships designed, etc. Just because it isn't playable doesn't mean substantial work hasn't been done on it.

However, I have expressed concern that we still have yet to see a single star system and we are supposed to have 100 star systems for launch. That means the rate of production will have to increase substantially. However, we know that the assets are being constructed and procedural generation will be used to aid construction. That means once the first few are out the others will take substantially less time. We've seen that with ships - at the start it took a long time for new ships to be added yet now they're added frequently.

Let me be clear, I am not happy with the level of playable content currently available and I think CIG has done a poor job of delivering it, especially given the delays. We still only have two maps for Arena Commander, one racing location and the FPS module will only ship with one map. That is not good enough. I have been calling on the forums for CIG to take sections of the large world map they're working on and release them as playable content - the work's already been done so it would be easy. CIG needs to start delivering playable content on a frequent basis - new maps for FPS, new racing locations, star systems, etc.

Just because I like the game doesn't mean that I'm not aware of its many shortcomings. I acknowledge that the entire project could go tits up and be a spectacular failure.

161. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 13:25 theyarecomingforyou

dsmart wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 13:13:
Orogogus wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 12:19:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 12:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 08:45:
This is what your shitty game looked like; meanwhile this was the game Chris Roberts had released a year earlier. Your games are utterly amateurish. You should be embarrassed to talk about your games in a topic about Star Citizen.

Why are you comparing the visual fidelity of Star Citizen to a game released in 2003? That's a ridiculous level of douchebaggery.

I don't know if maybe you're on mobile and didn't see the second link, but he's clearly comparing Battlecruiser Millennium Gold to Starlancer, relatively contemporary games.

And the point of the comparison is without merit.
The point was to compare the shit you put out to the excellent games that Chris Roberts puts out. That's exactly what I did. I'm not surprised that you don't like the comparison. I suggest a career change - given your obnoxious personality and inability to see reason you'd make an excellent Fox News pundit.

157. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 13:12 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 08:45:
This is what your shitty game looked like; meanwhile this was the game Chris Roberts had released a year earlier. Your games are utterly amateurish. You should be embarrassed to talk about your games in a topic about Star Citizen.

Why are you comparing the visual fidelity of Star Citizen to a game released in 2003? That's a ridiculous level of douchebaggery.
I didn't. I compared his game from 2001 (the Gold version is actually from 2003 which makes it even worse) to Starlancer, which was released a year earlier. Your reading comprehension is severely lacking. Stop embarrassing yourself.

This kind of reasoning is flawed. For example you may believe films by M. Night Shyamalan are trash and typically his films get low ratings on MetaCritic so it would appear you're right. Based on that you conclude "People hate movies from M. Knight" and "he makes trashy films". However this is purely subjective and based entirely on your opinion. The truth is there's enough people who actually like his style of films for him to keep making them.

Ask yourself, why are so blindly committed to supporting Star Citizen after overwhelming evidence has been presented that shows it is on verge of collapse?
Liking a game doesn't make me 'blindly committed' to it. I frequently share my criticisms and concerns about the game. On the otherhand you go out of your way to criticise it at every opportunity, even in utterly unrelated topics - that is the behaviour of a zealot. Further, there certainly isn't 'overwhelming evidence' that it's on the 'verge of collapse' - in fact it's a one man campaign by Derek Smart, who makes demonstrably false claims and calls his games the 'Holy Grail' of the genre despite them being universally despised. As I pointed out in my previous post the level of funding the game is currently receiving is perfectly sustainable, at least in the short-term. Should the funding not pick up after CitizenCon and the updates later this year then we can re-examine the situation. All the doom and gloom is predicated on funding drying up and CIG refusing to downsize - the evidence to support that, especially the latter point, is not there.

154. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 10:40 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 09:22:
You do realize that by attacking dsmart's games, whatever anyone's subjective opinion of them is, you are pointing out the fact that dsmart actually made those games. (With his own money) While Chris Roberts was fired the last time he tried to pull the shit he is pulling now (Freelancer) and hasn't released a game in more than a decade.
Arena Commander, as limited as it is, is at least playable and fun, which is more than be said of any of his titles. This month should see the release of Star Marine and the Baby PU, which will again surpass anything Derek Smart has put out. Later this month we'll also see how far along Squadron 42 is and when it is likely to release.

At the moment CIG has around 250 staff - even if you assume an average salary of $80,000 (the industry average) that's only $1.7m a month. It also has around 100 contractors, who will be paid a fraction of that (even if you assume $50,000 that's $0.4m). Even when you add in the cost of studios, bandwidth and computers you're not going to be looking at much more than $3m a month - meanwhile the game has raised an average of $2.5m a month for the past six months. Most of those staff have joined recently and they would have had substantially lower staff costs for 2013-2014. One also has to remember that there has been little in the way of new playable content or big releases, which has reduced funding - if CitizenCon goes well that's likely to change.

But fuck logic, right? Let's all worship Derek Smart as he proclaims that his games are literally the Holy Grail of the space sim genre. He's the mad man wandering through the streets, drooling and wearing his underwear on his head, yet people like Kxmode actually pretend he has some credibility.

150. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 08:45 theyarecomingforyou

dsmart wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 07:49:
To date, my Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games are the only games that have ever actually found the Holy Grail. As hard as that is to believe, it is an indisputable fact.
Delusional doesn't even begin to cover what you just said. Your games are shit, hence why you're the laughing stock of the industry. The only reason you're attacking Star Citizen is to promote your own products and because you're jealous of Chris Roberts' success.

dsmart wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 07:49:
I added fps in 2001 when Battlecruiser Millennium was released.
This is what your shitty game looked like; meanwhile this was the game Chris Roberts had released a year earlier. Your games are utterly amateurish. You should be embarrassed to talk about your games in a topic about Star Citizen. People hate your games. Line Of Defense is one of the lowest rated games on Steam, with 83% of reviews being negative. Take a hint and find a new career.

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
135. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 30, 2015, 17:05 theyarecomingforyou

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 15:56:
I didn't. Not sure why I have to repeatedly state this every single time. I have no interest in Star Citizen due to it's business model. I think it's a scam. People are crazy to be spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this game of promises, let alone any game.
I don't think people are crazy for spending so much, as long as they have the disposable income to do so. I backed the game at the lowest level because I liked the idea but knew it was a gamble. As more content has been released and I liked what I saw I have increased by contribution gradually. This is a game I will likely put more time into than every other game I own combined, so for me it represents value.

This does not mean that Chris Roberts is beholden to the "backers". Only $2 million was made on Kickstarter. The rest has been from fools throwing him money on their website. It's not a public company. They don't owe anyone full disclosure. Should they be questioned? Sure. Don't expect answers. It's as simple as, don't be an idiot and buy their $900 ship designs. But it's way too late for that, the damage is done.
This. You're not buying on a game - it's a gamble. The game could turn out to be amazing, it could fall apart and be a massive disappointment. For me personally I was willing to take that chance given my love of the genre. But backers should know exactly what they're pledging for and know the risks.

Derek Smart has no business going on this vendetta of his to bring CIG and everyone inside of it down. It's a direct conflict of interest, has gone way beyond the point of obsession and he's attacking individuals inside of the company directly damaging many of those peoples lives over this witch hunt of his. This personal conflict shit happens every day in companies and CIG is not special in that regard. In this case, it's an outside individual stirring the pot that arguably has something to gain from the failure of Star Citizen (that's a whole other topic). It's none of his business and at the very least he should have ended his crusade when they refunded his donation.
This. A thousand times this. He has a conflict of interest, he is a proven troll, he has anger issues and he has no credibility. He's the Donald Trump of video games. He shouldn't be given any attention. There are plenty valid criticisms of the game and the way it is being developed but the claims Derek Smart makes are too often demonstrably false, which only serves to diminish the few times he highlights a legitimate point. When you're wrong nine times out of ten people aren't going to listen when you get something right. He's just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what will stick.

103. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 15:47 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 15:15:
I wonder if that's true though. It's pretty obvious to anyone out there that there's a ton of interest, and CIG is simply failing in the execution of it. If anything, the $90M that CIG has collected should be a signal that there's gold in them hills, especially for nostalgia laden games like X-Wing.
I really don't think we're going to see any hardcore Star Wars IP set in space, certainly not in the mould of Tie Fighter. Look at the direction they're going for ship combat in Star Wars Battlefront. Everything is about appealing to the casual audience.

Flatline wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:42:
1. Show me where the fleet commander interface is planned. That's a new one for me.
Everything is done in first person but there are plans to allow people to organise fleets - I can't show you the interface because it hasn't been created yet. There was an extremely early version shown during the original Kickstarter before the game expanded in scope.

Flatline wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:42:
I'm not talking about trading, or collecting ships, boarding actions, or any shit like that. I'm talking about a multiplayer focused skirmish game where the end results of instanced skirmishes have an impact on territory controlled.
Territories and production facilities can be controlled by orgs and there will be battles over them. That has been the plan for a long time now.

91. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 14:38 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:08:
x-wing & tie fighter, with a "persistant" strategic map, and the ability to have players drop into a homeworld style interface to assign priorities to wings and control cap ships?

Oh god yes where do I sign up?
Firstly, that's pretty much exactly what Star Citizen. Secondly, if Star Citizen fails then there's about zero chance of Disney deciding to sink any serious money into a space sim project.

Tie Fighter was one of my favourite games and was one of the reasons I backed Star Citizen.

19. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 09:45 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:32:
Pricing aside, the MUCH scarier part to me is that I can not really see a way how they are ever going to create gameplay systems for a ship of this type. Seriously. What are people supposed to do with a research ship? What will there be to really "research"?
It does remain to be seen how enjoyable and fleshed out the non-combat roles will be. Personally I'm sceptical, even though they seem to be putting a lot of thought into it. It's the same with the Starliner Genesis, which is a passenger ship - they detailed various game mechanics and ideas but it still seems like something that wouldn't be very fun. On the other hand the mining profession seems quite interesting and could be fun - it seems relatively straight-forward and easy to implement.

As for the price, I'm glad that there are people out there willing to spend that much on a ship because I'm certainly not. One has to remember that these ships will all be available in-game without any real world monetary cost. As such I'm happy that people with large amounts of disposable income are subsidising the game for those of us without.

131. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 30, 2015, 08:56 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 03:41:
Is this the funding timeline you're talking about? Or do you have access to another one that also shows expenditures? Here's the funding for this year, per that doc:

Jan - $3,270,829
Feb - $2,399,668
Mar - $3,183,965
Apr - $3,211,615
May - $2,815,387
Jun - $1,061,274
Jul - - $917,744
Aug - $2,781,241
Sep - $1,215,517

Whenever they hold a ship sale, they make around $3M. When they don't, they make around $1M. That being said, it looks like it's hitting the point of diminishing returns. The funding trend month over month is starting to flatten out.
Funding has certainly dropped off but that's not entirely surprising given that no meaningful content has been delivered recently. We have had the Social Module but functionality-wise it's just a large map that people can run around in; Arena Commander hasn't seen any substantial new content; Star Marine has been repeatedly delayed; the multi-crew release is around the corner; and we've heard nothing about Squadron 42. People are holding back because there's nothing new to see. However, I expect a significant increase in funding after CitizenCon and the release of new content this year. We'll also find out the status of Squadron 42, which is currently an unknown.

Just a few simple questions to you and Fingers.

• When do you expect SQ 42 to be finished?

• When do you expect the PU to be finished?

• They want to make 100 star systems with multiple environments. They have two partially complete. When do you expect them to finish them all?

• How many of these 100 systems should they be releasing per quarter to stay on track with a reasonable release date? Three? Five? Ten?

• If they fail to reach their goal of 100 systems, how many will you be satisfied with?
  • 1) I expect S42 to hit mid-to-late next year, which is a significant delay from when it was due (this year). Once it hits they'll get working on the expansion, which will generate more revenue.
    2-3) I expect the PU to be at least two years off, more likely early 2018. However, the Baby PU is due this year and it will constantly be expanded so that will make the wait more tolerable.
    4) I would want to see 15+ star systems by the end of next year, knowing that the speed at which they will be added should increase exponentially as the pre-fabs are built and procedural generation comes online.
    5) I wouldn't be happy with anything less than the 100 they promised.

I have been and continue to be a supporter of this game. I don't really care about the speculation of chaos within CIG. Whether it's true or not is not important to me, but the metrics are. The pace has been glacial. At this rate, the game will be finished in many years, and funding will have dried up well before then. I'd really like to hear an alternate take, because the numbers aren't adding up, and I can't see light at the end of the tunnel.
    I agree with most of what you say. Development has been slow, playable content has been woefully lacking and there has been a lack of transparency about delays. However, I don't see funding being an issue and expect it will pick up after CitizenCon and further module releases. Don't think that just because I like the game that I don't have my concerns - it would be shocking if I didn't.

Anyway, I'll be at CitizenCon next month and will hopefully get to meet Chris Roberts and the gang. Should be an interesting reveal. It will either solidify my faith in the project or raise some serious concerns. Based on what I've heard is coming next month I'm optimistic. However, I wasn't really impressed with the Gamescom presentation just gone - it seemed like too little progress had been made.

News Comments > Op Ed
    127. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2015, 21:30 theyarecomingforyou

dsmart wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 12:47:
    Nice try.

Facts: Jim Sterling was running the game at a non-industry standard resolution unsupported by this ALPHA game in EARLY ACCESS.

We added support for that resolutionin the 09/11 build mere days later. Including 4K res, which most gamers don't even have the rig for most games. We got thanked for it.

But since you neither own, nor play the game, this matters not to you.
    The game is still a broken mess, which is the point I was making. It is utterly hypocritical of you to criticise other developers when your game is unplayable for so many and has a pathetic 17% approval rating on Steam. Your game is a trainwreck, yet in all of your attacks you link to your own website to increase the profile of your project. If you were being sincere you wouldn't feel the need to link to your own website all the time.

You seem to be annoyed that somebody else is making a better project than you, which apparently hurts your ego.

Blue wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 11:34:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
    I demonstrated that Derek Smart's claims do not hold up to scrutiny. I refuted his claim on merit and then went on to point out that his claims are a classic case of projection. I simply posted across two topics. None of Captain Smart's claims stand up to scrutiny or are supported by evidence - it's complete conjecture / speculation.

Kxmode wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 13:03:
    I never said I hated Star Citizen, Cloud Imperium Games, Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, Ortwin Freyermuth, or anyone else involved in the project. However CIG has a financial obligation to be honest with those whose money they take. So far they haven't and there's reams (yes reams) of evidence to this fact. Why do I care if I'm no longer a backer? I back other projects (including one I'm most proud to back MADE[1]). If CIG and Star Citizen collapse the shockwave is going to hit crowdfunding / early access like a tsunami. Indie developers won't have the courage to ask public for financial assistance and games like Wasteland 2, Shadowrun, Elite Dangerous, and the like won't exist. It's nothing personal, it's just business. I'm doing this because I truly believe my efforts will help save crowdfunding / early access. If I do nothing I think the fallout from a CIG / Star Citizen collapse would be detrimental.
    You can justify you're trolling however you see fit but your agenda is transparent for all to see.

125. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 29, 2015, 21:05 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 14:52:
    dsmart wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 14:24:
    Because of how I phrased it, yes - you're right.

But the fact remains, unless you need money, why would you sell a non-existent ship for a game that's yet to be made? Know what I mean?

Well, that is their revenue model.
    Exactly. That's been CIG's business model from the start and we've seen a constant stream of ships to generate revenue. It is utterly ridiculous to suggest that the sale for a ship that has been planned since last year is a last minute attempt to make up for a drop in funding. What we've seen from Derek 'Desktop Commander' Smart is nothing more than your typical conspiracy theory nonsense - he has no evidence to support his position. And given the pathetic state of his own titles he has zero credibility.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 14:57:
    Regardless of who is raising these issues, are you not concerned at all? A company of this size typically burns through $2.5-3M per month, and has been operating 3 years already. How much of that $90M remains? The game isn't anywhere close to being finished. The numbers aren't adding up for me.
    Am I concerned that they'll run out of funding? Based on the funding timeline - no. This year will see the release of Star Marine, multi-crew and the Baby PU, as well as a reveal of S42 at CitizenCon. That will increase interest in the game and lead to more people backing it. CIG will also balance the size of the development team to the level of funding.

Funding is absolutely something that CIG will have to monitor but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest they're reckless with spending. However, I reserve the right to change my opinion should funding drop off and spending remain at an unsustainable level.

Kxmode wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 16:55:
    I was a backer for $930. Out of curiosity how much did you back for?
    You had your investment refunded, so the amount you backed for is utterly irrelevant. All you do is whine about the project. Yours actions go far beyond mere criticism - you're clearly a troll.

dsmart wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 12:43:
    As to the layoffs. Go ahead and tell that to the 9 (engineers and devs) people now confirmed to have been laid off from Austin studios this past Fri.

Total: 13 (4+9) departures
    Source? Given your utter lack of trustworthiness I won't take anything you say at face value. Also, you haven't demonstrated that CIG is reducing the level of staff at the company. Even if some staff are laid off there are plenty being taken on. There simply isn't the evidence to support your position.

News Comments > Op Ed
    122. Re: Op Ed Sep 28, 2015, 10:48 theyarecomingforyou

Derek Smart whining about a game taking too long and underdelivering is classic projection when you look at the shit he peddles. Here's a reminder in case anyone is unaware of how shit Derek Smart's games are. He is the least credible person in the industry to criticise Star Citizen and it's disappointing that Blue is giving him attention.

It's no surprise to see it was Kxmode who linked to the article, given his zealotic hatred of the game. Apparently he has nothing better to do with his life than bash the game - I almost pity him that this is the only thing that brings him enjoyment. At least with Derek Smart it's an egotistical attempt to get more attention and sales for his game - he's an asshat but he doesn't pretend to be anything but.

113. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 28, 2015, 08:10 theyarecomingforyou

What a load of bullshit. The Endeavor has been planned since October 2014 and is one of a constant stream of ships being concepted. CIG has used ship sales to raise money since the launch of crowdfunding - it is not a last minute attempt to raise funding, as Derek 'Desktop Commander' Smart suggests.

With regards to the layoffs, CIG - like all developers - has had layoffs before and operates like any company. If employees underperform then they are let go; if employees receive better job offers they leave (as was the case with Lisa Ohanian). The two staff who left - James Pugh and Alyssa Delhotal - were members of the community team and not related to development. If anything it's reassuring that CIG operates like any business, dismissing those who underperform and promoting those who excel.

Blue, please stop giving Derek Smart attention. He is a professional troll who has admitted to trolling funerals - he is a waste of oxygen who exists only to make the world a less pleasant place. His criticism is only to raise the profile of his own game.

News Comments > UE4 Infiltrator Demo
    8. Re: UE4 Infiltrator Demo Sep 18, 2015, 09:42 theyarecomingforyou

I already had the Epic Games Launcher and still didn't have a clue where to find it until I read it was hidden in the 'Learn' section. It shows up in the 'Community' section but that just opens up a web browser and takes you to the page. They really need to overhaul the entire client, as right now it's a joke. I only downloaded it to try out the new Unreal Tournament.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week
    14. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 13, 2015, 20:35 theyarecomingforyou

I hate EA as much as the next guy but SWBF actually looks like a decent game. It's obviously designed to appeal to a broad audience, including children, but it looks like one of the best SW games we've seen.

Will it be overpriced, feature excessive amounts of DLC and be unavailable on Steam? Undoubtedly, which is why I boycott EA. However, don't pretend that it looks like a bad game.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week
    2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 11:26 theyarecomingforyou

Don't they mean Battlefield Highway Robbery?  

News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
    77. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 12, 2015, 06:38 theyarecomingforyou

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 16:03:
    Recommending someone commit a felonious act because they are criticizing what possibly could be felonious, defies reason.
    Prostitution is legal in many countries and some US states. I can't be expected to know where every member here lives.

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 17:00:
    I know! And you're the only one who calls him on it! Hence...IGNORE hammer!

I just can't get over how many people just melt to him. "So Derek, how would "YOU" do SC and make it better?" Like that guy can actually lead a team to make something more than three people have the patience to play.
    Exactly. He has no credibility and is a self-admitted troll. The fact that anyone around him shows him anything other than contempt is disappointing.

Kxmode wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 20:58:
    Nothing would make me happier than to share the details of what I know with you so you can know the truth. But it would be wrong. I was not given permission. I was only allowed to read it. I had my suspicions things were not going well at CIG but I didn't know to what extent. What I read opened my eyes to the truth. If I were to somehow leak this information it could hurt the person who wrote it and their career. If the information is used in a court case or in a federal case and eventually becomes public then you'll know as much as me. In the meantime I just can't.

Keep in mind I know less that those who currently work in the inner circle or are form inner circle members of CIG. None of them go public with their knowledge of CIG for personal and professional reasons. But if many of them share the things I've read then the health of CIG is teetering on collapse. This has NOTHING to do with Derek Smart. This is fomenting strife completely free of any outside influences. It's all internal.

That's as much as I'm going to say on the topic.
    Sure, sure. I'll hold you to those comments.

6633 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo