Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6582 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
19. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 14:14 theyarecomingforyou

Of the first thirteen posts, five are Kxmode trolling. I mean, how dare CIG let people play the game for free to decide for themselves whether it's worth buying! Scandalous!  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen EVA Video
39. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 12, 2016, 05:40 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 02:53:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 05:09:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:32:
Meh, that's probably the wrong term for it. 2.3 plays nicely, even if it's only one environment. They'll just never make it a "universe" of 100 systems before they run out of money. There's a reason E:D and NMS went procedural.
Star Citizen combines procedural with artist driven design. There's a video here demonstrating that. The planets themselves will be procedural, with landing zones created by hand from a pool of assets. It means that once they have the assets created (shops, textures, materials, etc) they can quickly ramp up the number of planets. Don't forget that SC isn't due out this year, only S42 is - the full game won't be until at least last 2017, more likely beyond that.

Yes, the planets will be procedural, but all the locations are hand-built. A couple dozen locations per system, times 100 systems is thousands of hand crafted locations. I love it in theory, but that's insane in practice.

In NMS everything is procedural. So they just need to concentrate on improving those procedural engines. Ditto for Limit Theory.

And while E:D is a combination of hand made and procedural,
A) their game is small subset of what SC is trying to accomplish
B) their systems are entirely procedural, unlike SC. So you'll never see something like the spectacular Broken Moon on the one hand, on the other hand they didn't have to spend months building it.

The point is they're taking an extremely labor-intensive approach.
They've stated that they're working on procedural tech for more than just planets. It would be very easy to build out stores in varied layouts using procedural tech, then just build out the specifics of each area. Don't get me wrong though, as I don't see any way they're going to get out 100 star systems and landing zones by the end of next year. I think the dates will slide but I do think they'll get there.

Where CIG puts out content it has easily exceeds the scope and fidelity of what was originally promised. The issue is it takes a long time. For me my main concern is the end product, not the development time. As I've said before, by the end of the year we'll have a good idea of what's happening with the project - S42 is due out and there needs to be substantial progress in the PU. So far this year I've been underwhelmed by the amount of progress made, with persistence and additional landing zones taking far too long. The game has to progress much more rapidly by the end of the year if there is any hope of it releasing in a sensible time frame.

32. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 10, 2016, 10:56 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 05:37:
Oh look. It's theyarearecomingforyou; our resident Star Citizen apologist and White Knight. Tell us all about Star Citizen's awesome fidelitah and wonderful immershun.
I make comments about the topic at hand; you trash the game and insult others. You have zero interest in a sincere discussion, whereas I am perfectly open to discussing the project's shortcomings and frequently criticise aspects of the game. You frequently lie and make unsubstantiated claims, taking offence at the notion that anyone could like the game.

If you want to continue behaving like a child then I can't stop that but if you want a genuine discussion then let's do that. You haven't shown any attempt at being reasonable.

This topic is about SC's EVA system. Care to actually contribute to that discussion?

25. Re: Star Citizen EVA Video Apr 10, 2016, 05:09 theyarecomingforyou

Kosumo wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 18:44:
Why is it that the player model can not walk on the underside of the platform - what makes the top side so special?
Artificial gravity. It's present in ships and platforms but obviously not on the underside of unused areas. I believe they're looking at a magnetic boots style system for other areas but it's not confirmed as far as I'm aware.

The model itself is super stiff as fuck and the ragdoll having no 'life' to it.
It's still very much work in progress. They've been iterating on this repeatedly over the last few months, with noticeable changes between PTU builds. The initial release was so bad they had to revert back to the previous system - now it's really enjoyable. This is nowhere near final.

Can someone tell me what they see in it because I'm not seeing anything impressive.
There's never been any game made on this scale with this level of freedom. The work they've done on zero-g animations is impressive and nowhere near completion. The procedural planet tech is progressing rapidly. Multi-crew ships where players can move around freely has never been done before. The game is breaking major new ground technologically. Every time I try out the game it's improved from where it was before. Don't get me wrong though, as there's a huge amount of development still left and the game is in its infancy.

Kxmode wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:13:
Vaporware
Troll.

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:32:
Meh, that's probably the wrong term for it. 2.3 plays nicely, even if it's only one environment. They'll just never make it a "universe" of 100 systems before they run out of money. There's a reason E:D and NMS went procedural.
Star Citizen combines procedural with artist driven design. There's a video here demonstrating that. The planets themselves will be procedural, with landing zones created by hand from a pool of assets. It means that once they have the assets created (shops, textures, materials, etc) they can quickly ramp up the number of planets. Don't forget that SC isn't due out this year, only S42 is - the full game won't be until at least last 2017, more likely beyond that.

Frijoles wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 22:46:
Meh, wasn't Shattered Horizon doing this a half a decade ago?
No. The whole point of the video is the animations and transitions, with the combined animations of first-person and third-person. Anyone can make a zero-g game where you simply float about.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2016, 15:25 theyarecomingforyou

Alonso was incredibly lucky to walk out of that unscathed.

On a side note, I can't believe how bad the commentary is for F1 in the US. It's embarrassing. It consists almost entirely of long pauses and painfully obvious statements - the amount of dead air is bizarre.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
15. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2016, 05:03 theyarecomingforyou

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 12:46:
Hmmm, drumming up new business, eh? I wonder if these weekends are actually expanding the base. It seems to me that anyone interested in space games either is already on board or doesn't trust CR at all. Not sure what this will accomplish...
The answer is yes. They're now up to 1.3m backers, up 300,000 from five months ago. Considering the game is a long way from complete that's pretty impressive.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
8. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Mar 12, 2016, 03:19 theyarecomingforyou

GarthZombie wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 01:46:
Oh cool you can actually respond like your head isn't made of a bag of shit, impressive.
You made a bullshit claim and got put in your place. Making comments like that only serves to draw more attention to your original ignorant post.

You've only made 11 posts and most of them are bitter attacks.

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
15. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 14:41 theyarecomingforyou

It's worth pointing out that the controllers are included with this, whereas they're not with the Oculus Rift (aside from the XB1 controller). When that's factored in they're both very similar in price.  

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
1. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 21, 2016, 12:56 theyarecomingforyou

About what I expected price-wise, considering the chaperone functionality. The biggest criticism is the bundled software, which is weak in comparison to the Oculus Rift's EVE Valkyrie.

This is my favourite of the two from what I've seen so far. I look forward to the reviews.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
16. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 21, 2016, 03:50 theyarecomingforyou

I have a GTX 970 SLI setup and performance is poor here, even after I manually configured SLI (it wasn't supported out of the box). Performance drops over time, suggesting a memory leak. Not having the cover icons because of the SLI bug is annoying.

That said, I have thoroughly enjoyed the game. It took me 37 hours to complete my first run and it was a lot more enjoyable than the original game, performance issues aside. I highly recommend people check it out after they patch the issues.

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
1. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 14, 2016, 12:07 theyarecomingforyou

As long as it's replayable then that's a decent length, especially if there is a bot mode to go with multiplayer.  

News Comments > Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream
11. Re: Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream Feb 10, 2016, 19:22 theyarecomingforyou

For such a small developer I'm extremely impressed with Cities Skylines. It's better than anything EA has done with SimCity. Sure there are some issues with larger cities and variety but they're minor criticisms. This game deserves support and I can't wait for the inevitable sequel.  

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
41. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 9, 2016, 06:11 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:06:
The original comment WAS on point and specifically related to Peter Molyneux's reputation in the industry. My point, since it is so clearly lost, was this: even with his damaged rep I would still trust Peter with my money before I would EVER give Chris another dime.
Most of your posts revolve around your hatred of SC, even in completely unrelated topics like this. It's extremely tedious and I will absolutely call you out on it every time.

Kxmode wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:06:
I'm not really surprised by this. I've had the displeasure of encountering people like theyarecomingforyou on the RSI forums and Star Citizen Subreddit. It appears they are on a mission to go around the Internet and bully others into silence for daring to post anything "disparaging" against Cloud Imperium Games, Star Citizen, or Chris Roberts. See, it doesn't work here on Blues News because unlike other sites this site is a bastion of free expression FOR and AGAINST things. Kudos to Stephen Heaslip for keeping it that way.
I have no intention of silencing criticism of the game. In fact I am extremely critical of the game where criticism is due. You, on the otherhand, go around spouting demonstrably untrue bullshit and turning every topic into your own personal rant against the game and its creator.

Here's my post on the RSI forums for those who still consider me a SC zealot:

"No, I'm not happy. It's been two months and a half months since the release of Alpha 2.0 on the PTU and we don't have any new content, ships aside. Now we know that 2.2, which is due this month, also won't have any significant additions. My concern is that we're going to see the same as what happened with AC, which hasn't received any new content—ships aside—since launch 18 months ago - it still has the same two arenas, the same single racing location. I was expecting content rollouts to increase substantially after the release of 2.0.

The Social Module is utterly devoid of functionality. Nyx is way behind schedule, as is subsumption and persistence. We don't have any idea when Star Marine is due, despite being imminent for the past year. The ship skin system was implemented a year ago but only four skins, only for the Aurora, exist. The component system is missing and we desperately need the current holotable to be replaced, as it's not fit for purpose - they should just implement a web-based system with simple drop-down boxes in the meantime. AC has been abandoned, with pirate swarm missing and no word on when multi-crew ships will be supported. Yet progress on ships is advancing rapidly, in large part because they generate revenue for CIG.

CIG has neglected playable content to focus on longer term goals and ship sales. I would like to see CIG prioritise playable content for the game as it exists today. That means regular additions to Crusader; new arenas and racing locations in AC; the release of SM as a priority; the addition of persistence, subsumption and Nyx; new gameplay mechanics (i.e. cargo, mining, etc); the component system and new holotable; the lobby system; reduce the FPS bottleneck created by servers.

CIG should reintroduce the weekly status report and keep users actively informed about each upcoming release. If it's going to take another three months for real progress to be made then tell us, don't keep hinting stringing us along. I backed the game at the beginning when it was due out in 2014 - now it's going to be 2017-18 at the earliest. Delays happen, I accept that, but to make up for the expanded scope of development CIG should focus on getting new content—not just ships—to players ahead of longer term goals."

To accuse me of trying to silence any criticism of the game is patently absurd. I'm just fed up of you trolling Bluesnews with your irrational SC hatred. Perhaps you'd care to apologise for your demonstrably false claims against me?

28. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 08:32 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 19:31:
I'll make you a deal. I'll stop talking about Star Citizen when CIG actually releases a working; functional; non-tech demo. In other words a fucking game. Think you can handle that, bruv?
That's not a deal, that's just you moaning about SC at every opportunity for the next couple of years. At least if you're going to moan about it keep it to the relevant topics. Moaning about SC in a Godus Wars topics is just desperate and pathetic.

11. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 3, 2016, 14:13 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 10:31:
I would trust Peter with my money before I would trust Chris Roberts. At least Peter stayed in the gaming industry and didn't head off to the UK equivalent of Hollywood to produce shitty movies for seven years.
Fucking hell mate, it's time to end your one man crusade against Star Citizen. Let go of all that resentment and do something positive with your life. Seriously.

As for this, Peter Molyneux has destroyed any credibility he once had. To put this game up on Early Access is just adding insult to injury, as it's just a glorified mod for a trainwreck of a game. The interface was clearly designed for tablets. I'm glad I passed on the original Kickstarter and I'm definitely not going anywhere near this one.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
6. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 27, 2016, 22:07 theyarecomingforyou

Yifes wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 21:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 20:08:
You don't survive in that game, lol, you slaughter everyone. IIRC, it was capped off by the standard action game boss fight, which Lara sought out.

Yeah seriously, it's more like Lara Croft Mass Murder Simulator where you start off as a young naive student on her first expedition and end up with a body count that puts Rambo to shame. Not long after killing your first person and vomiting from the experience, you're murdering one person after another in cold blood like a seasoned veteran.

I like the game, but the character development is ridiculous.
Agreed. It was the same with Far Cry 4. You can't pretend that the character has a problem killing people and then have gameplay that requires them to murder people by the dozen. Tomb Raider doesn't even need huge amounts of combat if the puzzle solving is decent, which it wasn't in the last game.

Also, fuck Microsoft for delaying the PC release.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
36. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 12:14 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 11:37:
Nope. All I want is for them to be fucking HONEST for once and for Christ Roberts to stop spreading bullshit lies like in that Gamescom interview.
There is no way he actually believed what he was saying there unless he really is either completely fucking retarded or is on drugs. Seriously.
CIG has set numerous estimates for release since the original pitch which were made with the best intentions.

Also, I do think that the level of "fidelity" they are aiming for with the initial release is completely unnecessary and overblown. That's what expansions and continual development are for as with most crowdfunded games or MMOs.

There is absolutely no reason to hold everything back for the mythical huge commercial launch with the 100 star systems which we know probably will not happen within the next two/three/more years.

Look at Wasteland 2 Director's Cut or Divinity Original Sin 2 Enhanced Edition or any MMO. Games do not have to be absolutely perfect at release. A lot of the fluff CIG is adding is unnecessarily expanding the dev time for diminishing returns. There is a lot of mostly cosmetic "fidelity-enhancing" work they are doing now that they might as well have scheduled for future (free) add-ons/expansions/patches.
You can't overhaul the entire engine and the fidelity of the assets in an expansion - that's just nonsense and you know it. There's no way they could have updated the ships to the current quality after-the-fact. I backed a AAA game based on the CryEngine, not a crappy indie game like Wasteland 2 (which I also backed and regret).

Everyone does and most crowdfunded games have seen delays, no big deal. A great game does not necessarily need to have the maximum feature set at launch (again see WL2 DC or D:OS EE). CIG should have gone through their list of stretch goals and checked out what they promised for launch (like the 100 star systems) and what they promised for later and then schedule stuff accordingly.

Most of the stretch goals AREN'T being prioritised for launch. There's no work on the tablet companion, pets, etc. The rest are content that can be developed in parallel to the rest of the game, like new ships and star systems. The ship development is clearly not slowing down the game - working on the engine and netcode have been the biggest obstacles. FPS was outsourced and only brought back in-house when the studio had expanded to enough staff. I just don't get where all these stretch goals are that are supposedly slowing down the game.

What I am missing is their focus on an actual release. They are drifting along, randomly fulfilling some stretch goals and some features from the initial pitch but there is no real push towards a commercial product (except with S42 this year hopefully but even that remains to be seen). It is lacking a clear vision, a clear direction and "tightness".
They're allocating resources to where they're needed. Numerous times we've seen staff working on ships redirected to Squadron 42 to prioritise ships needed for the main game. The stretch goals are NOT a priority. Take the Banu Merchantman, for instance - that was promised back at the $27m market in 2013 but hasn't been worked on because the mechanics weren't in place (cargo, multi-crew ships, 64-bit precision, etc). In the meantime we've had numerous unrelated ships completed and released because they were possible to implement with the existing mechanics (i.e. combat), like the P-52 Merlin, Vanguard, etc. The Sabre is close behind because it uses a lot of the same assets as the Vanguard and the Reliant is close behind, even though other ships pre-date them.

But yes, I agree that CIG needs to do a lot more to prioritise playable content over flashy presentations. We don't even have a single complete star systems yet and we're missing basic mechanics, like currency, cargo, persistence, etc. Arena Commander still has the same two maps and one racing location from launch. CIG needs to realise that they have to have a playable and evolving game while they're developing all the fancy upcoming stuff. I have some serious doubts about Squadron 42 releasing this year. Don't mistake me for someone who blindly defends everything about the game.

35. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 11:44 theyarecomingforyou

harlock wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 23:47:
thing is - all these people sitting back and watching how it fails, why it fails, and so forth... they are gonna get really smart and creative, then in the next 5 years or so you are gonna have a handful of "star citizen killers" come along and they are just going to eat christ roberts lunch whole.. just gobble the whole thing up while he sits there dreaming about more bullshit he will never be able to pull off

mark my words
So in five years time there will be several $100m+ games that put Star Citizen to shame? Firstly, that's not going to happen. Secondly, that's great for gamers - I can't wait. Before SC there was zero interest from developers / publishers, with only the shockingly bad X-series of games to choose from - since then we've had Elite Dangerous and we're soon to have EVE: Valkyrie.

Star Citizen has been going from strength to strength, so I have no idea where you get the idea it's failing - wishing something doesn't make it so, as I've wished many times that you would be a reasonable person. But I hope you're right that there will be numerous games that surpass Star Citizen, because that's great for everybody.

33. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 16, 2016, 11:08 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 19:49:
This is nonsense and you putting your own spin on it because CIG can not do wrong in your eyes. Several staff from CIG have stated repeatedly in AtV (and other media) that they were very happy with the work done by Illfonic. Travis Day himself said back in the day that his on-site stay at Illfonic had nothing to do with quality issues but that it was business as usual.
Cut the bullshit. CIG is to blame for outsourcing the FPS development to a studio with no credibility and for not ensuring that they were on track. They should have taken it in-house much sooner, though I suspect the issue related to legal contracts. And there's plenty of other areas I'm highly critical of CIG, like announcing delays when they're patently obvious (the S42 reveal had a new release date just a month or two before it was due). I've spoken to Erin Roberts in person about Illfonic and the impression I got was that they were happy to be rid of them and take development in-house. Some of the monthly reports allude to issues with Illfonic's implementation of mechanics, like EVA.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 19:49:
LOL what a bunch of fabricated bullshit as always from you. They promised 100 systems AT LAUNCH (look it up ... $6m "Star Citizen will launch with 100 star systems").
Chris Roberts said in this video from Gamescom 2015 "... and then towards the end of 2016 we're hoping to have the full persistent universe working and functioning".
You know, full persistent universe as in 100 star systems and all promised ships and every single gameplay system by the end of this year. What else is the FULL persistent universe? Let me hear what spin you're going to put on this one. Should be good for a laugh...
CIG didn't say that Star Citizen would launch at the end of 2016, only that the PU should be functional by then. It's already playable now in a basic form and should be fleshed out considerably over the coming year. Also, I pointed out that CIG has already stated that star systems are going to be added discreetly over time because they don't want players to go around and discover them all immediately, particularly if there are balance issues or exploits (i.e. one of two people can discover where all the star systems are an unlock them immediately).

Do I think they're going to have 100 star systems in place by the end of 2016? Nope. Do I think all the major gameplay elements will be in place by then? Nope. But the point is that the PU is playable now in a basic form and will continue to be expanded on over the coming years. Nobody wants delays but what people are getting is infinitely better than what was originally pitched. The damage system, the facial technology, DX12, the manual landing on planets, the fidelity - it's all far beyond what people were expecting. Do you want them to rush it and deliver an inferior product? I ask because that seems to be exactly what you're saying. I'd rather have a great game I can play for years than a rushed game that meets an arbitrary estimate made early in development.

As for anyone unsure of whether to get the game, simply wait for the next free fly weekend. At the moment it's really only for the fans, the people willing to put up with a lot of performance issues, gameplay problems and bugs and for those willing to report them through the Issue Council. It's not even close to the standard of a released game, nor is anyone claiming that it is. All I would say is that there's a lot of fun to be had and it's improving at quite a rapid pace now. Check it out later in the year.

13. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 15:28 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 11:46:
"Oh look. More new ships." I'm shocked...
Only you could take CIG releasing more content and paint it as a negative.

DangerDog wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:11:
What happened to that Space Marine portion that was suppose to be released "next month" months ago?
It was delayed. CIG outsourced development to Illfonic, a company that had little experience - that resulted in serious delays and substandard work. Last year CIG took development in-house and started to rework it. However, it's possible to try FPS combat now by flying to the security outpost and grabbing one of the weapons. A full fledged Star Marine release will come later.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:29:
Why did you scratch the 100 and replace by 50? According to Roberts at Gamescom, he said the FULL PU would be ready by the end of this year so that would in fact be 100 systems. Where is the news coming from that they plan to only have 50 ready by then?
Nonsense. No firm release date has been given to the PU, plus it was never stated that all systems would be immediately accessible - in fact a large part of the gameplay is discovering new systems, which will be added over time without warning. In June 2014 Chris Roberts said a basic version of the PU would be playable by the end of 2015, which was the case.

If you're going to troll at least try to be creative.

6582 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo