Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6677 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
23. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 21:01 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 17:53:
After gameplay systems comes content. CR promised 100 systems. There's less than one. Hell, I'd settle for 10 complete systems at this point.

Also, we've heard nothing about the single player campaign for years.
Squadron 42 is going to be demoed during the Holiday Livestream this year. What and how much they're going to show remains to be seen.

Performance is substantially better in 3.0. Depending on the server I've been getting as much as 60-80fps, though that reduces as the server continues. There's more work to come but this is the first time performance has come even close to acceptable in the persistent universe.

As for gameplay and enjoyability, that still isn't there. It's better than it was but it's a long way from being a game for the average gamer. It really comes down to how quickly they can iterate and add gameplay features. This year has been chronically slow and pace needs to pick up.

All that said I'm happy I went to CitizenCon this year and I even managed to win an Optane 900P, which was a major bonus. Progress is being made, even if it's not as quick as I'd like.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080 OC
Optane 900P 280GB / 30" Hazro HZ30Wie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 21, 2017, 04:16 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 00:50:
But I do like the idea of no season pass, they just need a way to justify the continuing development post-launch with some revenue stream that doesn't piss off half the world.
You like the idea of paying upfront for content you know little about and that might not ever be released? It's just an excuse for squeeze fans of the game by locking away content. I prefer the concept of expansion packs, whereby existing DLC is bundled together and gamers can decide whether they feel it's worth it.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 20, 2017, 19:45 theyarecomingforyou

It's only when EA's share price is affected that they start to take notice. Still, it's better late than never. Hopefully the backlash continues.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
50. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 17:36 theyarecomingforyou

Devinoch wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 16:09:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:43:
EA is charging £70/$93—which is already an obscene price—for a game that uses a free-to-play model of megatransactions. Either release it for free and have megatransactions or charge full retail price - it can't do both.

So much talent and effort has gone into the game it's saddening to see EA force this bullshit on gamers. I refuse to support such obnoxious business practices, so it's a hard pass for me.

If you're going to quibble about price, be honest, don't be deceptive. The price is $60, which has been the standard price for games like this for about a decade now. I have no idea where you're seeing it for sale at those prices, but price gouging isn't exactly the fault of EA.
That's the UK price for the Deluxe version (i.e. the one that doesn't box off content from you). There is a basic version but that's still $73. I don't care if everyone else is doing it, that's too much for a video game.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 13:43 theyarecomingforyou

EA is charging £70/$93—which is already an obscene price—for a game that uses a free-to-play model of megatransactions. Either release it for free and have megatransactions or charge full retail price - it can't do both.

So much talent and effort has gone into the game it's saddening to see EA force this bullshit on gamers. I refuse to support such obnoxious business practices, so it's a hard pass for me.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana
4. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 14, 2017, 23:51 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics really are pretty impressive. I just hope the gameplay has developed enough to make it distinctive enough from Far Cry 3 and 4.  

News Comments > DiRT Rally for macOS This Week
1. Re: DiRT Rally for macOS This Week Nov 13, 2017, 14:41 theyarecomingforyou

MacOS, bringing you all the latest games from two years ago. Think different: pay more and get less.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 05:56 theyarecomingforyou

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 21:08:
Anyone here use Alibaba? I've looked in to it but most things I want say they'll take, like, 40 - 60 days to arrive.
My brother uses it regularly and has found it to be very reliable, not to mention cheap. He keeps trying to convince me to use it.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
7. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 9, 2017, 19:45 theyarecomingforyou

Pepe wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:31:
Aren't these some of the guys that built the COD franchise and were booted from activision?
Yup. They sued Activision for withholding royalties and then Activision fabricated an excuse to get rid of them. Activision then sued them for the loss of earnings caused by firing them. It was an utterly preposterous debacle.

As for Respawn, they're just cashing in while they can - it's only a matter of time now until the studio is shuttered. This isn't being done for the long-term interests of the company.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
14. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 07:28 theyarecomingforyou

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 06:12:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 18:19:
Hey look. I didn't even have to comment about this... someone already did it. See... this proves that (most of) the "We want to play vanilla" nostalgia, is a load of crap. It's more like "We want to scam our way around paying a subscription fee!"

Yes, I it is absolutely "SCAMMING AROUND A FEE" like the whole Guild Wars 1/2 is "SCAMMING AROUND A FEE"... LOL!

I simply don't play subscription games. If ActiBlizz doesn't want new people to play WoW - it is their decision. Whatever, I got other games to play without monthly fees (you know, those few games out there for SCAMMERS... Like pretty much 99% of all games available. Hilarious.).
This. Charging for a game this old would be an insult.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
54. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 18, 2017, 12:02 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 22:35:
In other (older) news, The Escapist quietly purged the Star Citizen articles that called into question a host of issues with the project and financial shenanigans.
That's because the articles were completely unsubstantiated. The information was provided by Derek Smart, a known troll and hater of the project, and by alleged employees identified by their security badges (CIG doesn't use security badges). The author even lifted anonymous comments from another website and portrayed them as a source.

There's plenty of legitimate criticism of the project but the Escapist articles were demonstrably false. Heck, one of the main claims was that CIG had run out of money and was laying off staff - 18 months later and CIG is still in business and has expanded the number of employees it has. The allegations of racism were baseless and no attempt was made to verify the claims with CIG employees or give CIG a chance to respond.

I understand that you hate the game but that doesn't mean you should throw objectivity out of the window and post links to demonstrably false information just because it aligns with your world view. You're just embarrassing yourself.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
43. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 18, 2017, 11:31 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 02:59:
You'd think SQ42 would be a lot more straight forward, since there's less of this pie-in-the-sky technology.
Indeed. That eliminates networking, which is the biggest hurdle for Star Citizen at the moment. But they don't even have the female character finished, Vulkan support and anti-aliasing are missing and AI NPCs are way behind schedule. We'll likely see it revealed properly this year but it won't be released until 2018 at the earliest.

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 03:03:
In defense of Star Citizen, you could actually buy all the ships for ten thousand.
That doesn't include the Javelin, which costs $2,500 alone. It's also missing the entire Hull range (top model is $550), the Prospector ($140), Razor ($135), Polaris ($750), Prowler ($425) and many more.

32. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 13:49 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 19:00:
Yeah, my son was bugging me to DL 2.6.3, but I convinced him to wait until 3.0 comes out.
Yeah, 2.6.3 brings nothing to the table. Performance in the PU is still terrible and everything else is pretty much the same.

As for 3.0, despite a lot of the features being cut I'm still looking forward to it. As long as they eliminate the networking bottleneck and it can hit 60fps it'll be a major release. The delays are disappointing but to be expected at this point.

I think the real question is what state Squadron 42 is in, as that was meant to be showed off last year and we haven't heard anything about it. I can't see it being released until the end of 2018 at the earliest, with footage likely being shown at CitizenCon this year.

14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 18:51 theyarecomingforyou

Just a heads up for those interested in the game: it's not worth trying now. Come back in a few months when 3.0 is released. Right now you can play Arena Commander and Star Marine at decent framerates but both have very limited gameplay; the Persistent Universe is where most of the content is (and it's not exactly a lot) but because of a networking bottleneck it only runs at 15fps, no matter your hardware.

What's being developed looks extremely impressive but scheduling is a joke. This release was supposed to be out last year and yet now it's due out in June/July and a lot of the features have been pushed back to later releases (planets, mining, AI NPCs, etc).

TL;DR For now there isn't much to report. Check back later.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
37. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 19, 2017, 07:10 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 02:10:
Really, can we collectively stop caring so much about the platform? I mean exclusives are divisive enough, can we just focus on MS actually trying to make a PC game? And weather that game will be any good? Do they have any solid studios left that they haven't bankrupted who can pull off a real PC game?
It doesn't matter if the game is decent if the platform ruins the experience. I received Gears Of War 4 with my graphics card and I have never had such a terrible experience - the download constantly stalling, restarting, corrupting, etc. It took me weeks to actually get it installed and running - registry resets, deleting hidden folders, etc. Turns out it was because of telemetry data being sent in the background which NetLimiter blocks, despite no other platform having an issue with it.

I will never buy any game on the Windows Store. At least Uplay and Origin I can tolerate, even if they're far from ideal. If Microsoft was serious about PC gaming it would create a gaming hub that acts as a centralised access for games from all platforms, allowing gamers to manage games from multiple stores. And if it cared about its own digital platform it would take the best aspects of the competition, rather than creating a restrictive DRM hell with an appalling UX.

Halo Wars 2 could have been a decent game but it was ruined by using a console interface, pay-to-win and the Windows Store.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
28. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 20:40 theyarecomingforyou

We've heard this bullshit from Microsoft before. Microsoft really needs to be kept as far away from gaming as possible, as it taints anything it goes near. Halo Wars 2 is a shitty console port tied to the Windows Store, another abomination.

If Microsoft wants to show its commitment to PC gaming then it should start by abandoning the Windows Store altogether. It's worse than GFWL and that's saying something.

News Comments > Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC
6. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 18:43 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really not worried about new features, as there's a bug that causes the game to crash to desktop when you get to a particular turn. Going back and loading earlier saves doesn't help. I don't want to invest ten hours into a game only to not be able to complete it because of a bug.  

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
12. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 15:12 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:46:
I wonder if CIG's siphoning of CryTech engineering talent has something to do with it. Or perhaps leaving CryTech to join CIG is a result of financial issues with CryTech. Kind of interesting considering Derek predicted CIG would be bankrupt by early 2016.
Nope. CIG was only able to poach staff because Crytek had major financial issues and couldn't pay staff. It's why Crytek had to sell Homefront: The Revolution to another publisher back in 2014.

As for Derek, he predicted a lot of things and none of them have been accurate. He's simply a troll, jealous at the notion that anybody could produce better games than him. I'm assuming he was molested as a child, as he is not right in the head.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
79. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 20, 2016, 15:02 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 05:06:
Their target audience being in the age range of 6-8yrs old, I am sure the kids will belíve this video was recorded during a live MP game session.
So their target audience is children who would have been 2-4 years old at the time of the Kickstarter and who have tens of thousands of dollars in disposable income? Interesting argument.

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:12:
Nope. Not one iota of it is "uncharted territory." Every single thing CR is promising has been done before. What he is promising is to do them all together at once. That's what makes him (and his defenders) fools.
Nonsense. Look at the unified first-and-third person animations, for instance - the only game that tried that is Arma and that's a horrible game. CIG has managed to incorporate vision stabilisation into the mix to create a viewspace that is exactly as others see it, which is important for multiplayer. Then there's the multi-crew ships with independent physics grids, something that hasn't been seen in any other game. There's the scope of the universe, with 64bit precision being used to render at incredible distances with incredible accuracy. If you really think the game isn't cutting edge and groudbreaking then you're not being reasonable.

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:12:
But CR has no track record of technological innovation on this scale. He's got no track record of finding a way to combine all of the disparate features of different games into a seamless whole
Nobody does. It's never been done before. It's like criticising JFK for trying to put a man on the moon by claiming nobody has ever done it before and nobody has been able to combine all the elements needed. No shit. Is your argument that developers should always play it safe and not bother to innovate?

Look, if you don't like the game then don't buy it. Chris Roberts isn't going to murder your first born if you don't. If you want to wait for it to be completed before deciding whether it's worth it then great - again, nobody is forcing you to buy it. What I don't understand is why so many people have an agenda to see the game fail.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
57. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 19:14 theyarecomingforyou

Dacron wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 18:32:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 17:54:
CIG is overdelivering

Oh, I didn't realize the first episode of Squadron 42 was released this year like they said.

Or star marine (2015 release date, 2 weeks till 2017 btw)..
I'm obviously talking about the fidelity of content released and upcoming content shown off (i.e. the procedurally generated planets). The fidelity is far in excess of anything originally envisioned.

6677 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo