Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6582 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
44. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Nov 4, 2015, 12:17 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 06:00:
1. They have effectively stopped producing marketing material like ship commercials and brochures.
2. They are fully focused on delivering Squadron 42 now that 2016 was advertised by Chris and in the SQ42 opening cinematic. That year is now set in stone. This doesn't necessarily mean Star Citizen is paused. I mean the bulk of their resources, people and money, is being spent on getting SQ42 done.
3. It appears CIG is producing less PR material and more working progress videos to show what they're doing. I remember in 2013 and 2014 CIG would go 4-5, maybe 6 months, before they released a new video showing some gameplay improvemnts.
You do spout a lot of nonsense. The ship commercials were intended to train up the cinematic team for Squadron 42 - now that they're working flat out on that they've stopped the commercials and this has been stated countless times. The Baby PU is due this year, which forms the basis of the PU, and will be developed alongside Squadron 42 - the idea that 'Star Citizen' is on pause or receiving less attention is utter nonsense. As for PR material, earlier in development they had less content to show and had to work around that - now that the content is progressing they have more to show. Only you could take evidence of progress as an indication that there isn't any.

Kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 06:00:
As far as the things I can't see - such as rumors of the studio closure in Texas and mass layoffs - I have NO idea what's going on. Derek and Lizzy claims to have insider information. In the case of Derek he hasn't been forthcoming with his information. In a reply on his blog he has explicitly told me he will not be making any of this information public since he "ambiguously" plans on using in future legal proceedings.
That which is stated without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Derek Smart is a professional troll who has provided no evidence to support his outrageous claims. It's shocking that you would even consider a word he says given the number of times he has been proven wrong. If someone offers you chocolate bars that contain razor blades 50% of the time you don't keep accepting them in the hopes that you're lucky - you keep the fuck away from them.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
36. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 2, 2015, 08:09 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 03:27:
Console ports have been around since the early 90's. It's not a new phenomenon and not the reason why games have been dumbed down. No, games have been dumbed down in order to appeal to a larger audience. This is the result of development costs rising exponentially since the 90's. If you want the high production values of AAA games, you'll have to accept that said games are going to be more simplistic and accessible. If you don't care about high production values, there are plenty of hardcore indie games out there.
Exactly. It's about appealing to a large audience and making the game accessible. More importantly, there is a lot of competition and developers want games to be accessible. I don't want to have to learn complicated mechanics specific to a single game, as not only is that tedious but if I come back to the game months later it's easy to have forgotten how to play it.

It's really about the demographics the game targets. For instance, I've seen lots of complaints about Battlefront being too dumbed down when people don't realise it's designed for a more casual audience, especially children. It's not like Battlefield 4 which is catered to a much more competitive demographic - they're SHOULDN'T be the same. Personally I enjoy casual games for what they are - sure Skyrim doesn't have the roleplaying depth of Dragon Age: Origins but it's not trying to. It's the same with EVE: Valkyrie or No Man's Sky - they're nowhere near as deep as Star Citizen is aiming for but they don't need to be.

Very few games are dumbed down because of consoles these days - they're made that way by design. Back in the day I used to care a lot about dedicated servers and mods yet nowadays they're less important to me because there are simply too many games out there - it's very rare that I'll play any particular game for years. Those that I do - like Civilization V, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2 - are the exception but do tend to be the games with greater depth and replayability.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
13. Re: Sunday Screenshots Nov 2, 2015, 07:29 theyarecomingforyou

I think Blue made a mistake - they're clearly pictures of Fallout 3.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
46. Re: No Man's Sky in June Nov 1, 2015, 09:10 theyarecomingforyou

It looks interesting but the fidelity is pretty low and I'm concerned about how enjoyable it will be to explore extremely similar planets over and over again. The space aspect looks particularly weak.

I'll definitely be waiting for reviews and playthroughs before considering it. That said, it's great to see developers trying something different.

News Comments > Valve's VSync Experiments
8. Re: Valve's VSync Experiments Oct 31, 2015, 07:56 theyarecomingforyou

I imagine this relates to Steam VR, at latency is the big killer there. We already know that Dota 2 supports VR.  

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
30. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 29, 2015, 08:46 theyarecomingforyou

I'm surprised they didn't just create an entirely new store page and give it a new name, like Arkham Knight: Ultimate Edition.

Personally I don't think the criticism here is fair. The game was released a mess but it was pulled and they spent months improving it. Including reviews for the old version is confusing and doesn't paint an accurate picture. However, rather than removing them altogether they simply called them 'Pre-Release', which is accurate given the game was pulled and worked on considerably before re-release - they are still included in the aggregate score, which results in a poor score.

The game was originally released in a bad state. We know the publisher screwed up. However, they took action to address it and it's more than many other publishers would have done. Shouldn't we support that? I don't understand what people think they should have done once it had been released.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 16:01 theyarecomingforyou

jomisab wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 15:45:
And re-released without proper SLI support....wtf?!
Exactly. SLI support should have been there for launch and considering this is a re-launch there is absolutely no excuse for it.

What the fuck have they spent their time on? And to release it at full-price is just the final insult. Pass.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
69. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 27, 2015, 10:03 theyarecomingforyou

Kosumo wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 01:13:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 08:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 05:37:
They already haven't. CIG have broken Kickstarter promises left, right and center and, yeah, there will be way more to come when you really sit down and compare the entire pitch/stretch goal list to whatever will be playable one day.
What are these promises that CIG has supposedly broken? I've been following since the original Kickstarter and am not aware of any. Delays don't count, as they were only estimates and it was stated from the beginning that delays were likely. In fact the game has expanded to such a degree that backers are getting substantially more than was originally promised.

While I don't think these where 'promises', I do still think they are just some of the very many times that Chris Roberts as out right lied to the backers.

Chris said this (September 2013) -
“The more funds we can raise in the pre-launch phase, the more we can invest in additional content (more ships, characters etc.) and perhaps more importantly we can apply greater number of resources to the various tasks to ensure we deliver the full functionality sooner rather than later.

"Full Functionality sooner rather than later" - He lied, He knew he was lying, He did not care, He just wanted more money to play with.

Chris also said this (June 2015) -
"Will it take longer to deliver all this? Of course! When the scope changes, the amount of time it will take to deliver all the features naturally increases. This is something we are acutely aware of."

"Of course" - That's him calling people his fanbase fools for ever believing his lies. He is just trying to justify taking more money and more time for him to piss away on his poorly managed 'game'.
That's the best you have? Your argument is Superweaksauce™ and you know it. CIG can't be expected to build the same game they were planning for $6m when they've raised $93m. If they simply pocketed the extra money and delivered the original game people would be screaming fraud.

Delays happen. Get over it.

58. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 26, 2015, 08:38 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 05:37:
They already haven't. CIG have broken Kickstarter promises left, right and center and, yeah, there will be way more to come when you really sit down and compare the entire pitch/stretch goal list to whatever will be playable one day.
What are these promises that CIG has supposedly broken? I've been following since the original Kickstarter and am not aware of any. Delays don't count, as they were only estimates and it was stated from the beginning that delays were likely. In fact the game has expanded to such a degree that backers are getting substantially more than was originally promised.

52. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 18:26 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:23:
I tell you I'm going out to get a mushroom, pepper, and sausage pizza, and you give me $10. And I bring back a mushroom and pepper pizza with no sausage, you'd be fine with that?
It depends on the circumstances. For instance, maybe they ran out of sausage or maybe they've been banned because they pose a health risk (sausages have just been declared a health risk). Sure you could kick up a fuss but that would just make you a dick.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 18:17 theyarecomingforyou

I really hope they're going to release it as a budget title (i.e. half the usual AAA game price) and give original owners a free game to make up for it. Otherwise they've wasted their time.  

4. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 11:49 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 11:30:
"Under the hood" changes are entirely fucking retarded because the fucking patcher downloads the entire game for every patch anyway. So you download the new version with "under the hood" changes only to download them again when (if) 2.0 hits. They might as well have skipped this version if 2.0 is as close as they want people to believe. The people with limited bandwidth would thank them for it.
They're working on tech and procedures to minimise patches but it's not a priority at this stage.

As for this patch, it broke ArcCorp for me because of a bug related to SLI. In terms of functionality it's extremely unimpressive and lacking but it paves the way for 2.0 which is a major step forward. The builds on the PTU were awful, with players falling through hangars and regular crashes - however, they fixed the issues pretty quickly (there was a new build each day).

In other words, move along - there's nothing to see here.

News Comments > Halo 5 PC Possibilities
20. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 15:00 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 14:47:
What the hell are you talking about? Gears of War Ultimate Edition is only a remake of part numero uno and not the whole series.
You're right. I saw an article stating that the Ultimate Edition would come with the previous games but didn't realise that only applied to XB1, which only reinforces my position that Microsoft is a cunt to PC gamers.

12. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 12:24 theyarecomingforyou

Task wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 12:20:
I could care less about halo multiplayer.
*COULDN'T Wall

10. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 11:16 theyarecomingforyou

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 09:24:
If Microsoft was smart they would take the entire collection and put it on the PC in one package.
Exactly. Remaster it, make it DX12 exclusive (i.e. Windows 10 exclusive) and bundle it altogether - exactly like they did with Gears Of War.

As much as I despise Microsoft I'd probably grab that bundle.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Early Access
5. Re: Descent: Underground Early Access Oct 22, 2015, 21:13 theyarecomingforyou

This project is really sketchy. It was founded by ex-CIG employees and was originally meant to be a new IP before they acquired the rights to Descent, which led to a significant backlash from fans of the franchise. Then with the Kickstarter they were going to miss the target by a significant margin until a large backer stepped in at the last second - convenient given that they wouldn't have got a penny without that.

As much as I like the individuals responsible - Mike Morlan, Eric Peterson, Rob Irving, etc - this game is a joke.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 19:18 theyarecomingforyou

Let's be honest, the Battlefront franchise has never been very good. This new footage is no exception and shows why the game was cancelled. It's not like we're talking about 1313, which looked amazing.

What people don't seem able to accept is that EA's Battlefront is meant to be casual. It's not for hardcore Battlefield players - it's meant for children, for casual gamers, for Star Wars fans and those who don't typically game. The fidelity is exceptional, the gameplay well-paced and it actually makes decent use of the IP. As much as I hate EA I have to give them credit for Battlefront.

People here are just too jaded that they don't realise a decent game when it comes along. Games don't have to have depth to be fun.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Video
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Video Oct 21, 2015, 18:45 theyarecomingforyou

LittleMe wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 15:15:
Another game that idolizes the police state?
Yup. As long as you call the suspect a terrorist everything's fine - you don't even need to bother with the paperwork. Apprehend people in a non-lethal manner? Nah, don't be silly.

The US models its justice system on Judge Dredd, only with added racism. The only reason the US even has courts is for multi-billion dollar corporations to sue each other. The poor and the black are simply shot on sight - they rarely make it to trial. Want to imagine a dystopian future? Just visit Detroit.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
164. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 21, 2015, 04:51 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 23:30:
You can say that, but it doesn't make it true. Look at the top 50 best selling games in history . The only games in that list that have name Hollywood actors doing voice work in them are some of the CoD series. However, none of them were featured in the advertising for those games until CoD: Advanced Warfare (Kevin Spacey), which didn't even make the top 50.
So the Call Of Duty games don't count? You also ignored Skyrim and GTA. It's not all about sales, as platform exclusives - like Halo - will naturally have lower sales but still use top-tier talent. You haven't proven that talent doesn't benefit games.

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 20:28:
Tell me which game you purchased because some famous Hollywood actor was in it.
The people here follow video games closely and aren't the sort of people who will be won over by Hollywood talent. However, I generally look more favourably on games that use talent well. Even Wing Commander, back in the day, benefited from a Hollywood cast.

I really don't understand why you're attacking the casting decision when it has been promised since early on. Backers clearly want it. You're not the target audience.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
159. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 20, 2015, 17:38 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 15:56:
No one bought Advanced Warfare because Kevin Spacey was in it. No one. And no one will buy this game because Gary Oldman is in it.
So the cast of a game is utterly meaningless and developers are just wasting their money on talent? Perhaps you should inform them of that.

Kosumo wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 16:47:
No marketing? Really? Why then do they have a VP of marketing for the last 3-4 years.
No marketing in the traditional sense. There have been no TV ads, internet ads, high profile appearances on TV shows, etc. We'll be seeing the first magazine covers this coming month. As the game gets closer to release they'll have to invest in more traditional marketing.

6582 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo