Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6582 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
175. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 11, 2016, 10:38 theyarecomingforyou

dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 18:13:
Beamer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 17:28:
Somehow, this went from the tiring "debate with factual authority about whether the game that's years out will be the best thing ever or a monstrous failure" to the even more tedious "let's join together and shit on the last green label name that still hangs out here."

Pretty much. And if you look at the thread, you will see that once they figured out that talking about Star Citizen was just going to flood the lolz filter, they switched gears to attacking me and my games; as if that's going to change anything.

And to make things even funnier, they don't even have any facts to relay, seeing as nothing they've posted has been based on facts, reality or even sensibilities.
People attack you because you're an obnoxious troll. You make terrible games and then have the audacity to criticise Chris Roberts who is making a game that millions of people want to play. You will NEVER have even a fraction of the vision or talent that he has and your envy of him is rather unbecoming. Further your harassment of Sandi Gardiner is disgraceful and for that you will always be a piece of shit.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
22. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 07:00 theyarecomingforyou

Kajetan wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 04:34:
|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 04:11:
Your entire post history is angry nerd rage wharrgarbl. You lost credibility years ago and most people here pity you.
Him being most of the time some angry bitter dude does NOT invalidate his critic of Microsofts abysmal policy of shutting down and neglecting services, rendering purchases no longer usable.

Its not only games. Remember "Plays for sure"? Microsofts DRM for Music downloads? One day they simply canceled the service and all music which had this DRM incorporated did no longer played for sure.

There is a valid reason people get upset with MS regarding these topics: MS simply has a TERRIBLE track record.
Exactly. He may be obnoxious and wrong most of the time but his critique here is spot on. Microsoft is a bane on the gaming industry, especially PC gaming.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
129. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 06:55 theyarecomingforyou

dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:46:
You guys are hilarious. Here's the thing, I'll still be beautiful in the morning; but Star Citizen - which is never coming out - will still be shit and a massive scam.
You've been attacking the project for years and every time Chris Roberts proves you wrong you simply change the goal posts. You're just jealous that he was able to do what you'll never be able to.

dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:46:
Me? I just keep on making games.
To classify the drivel that you put out as 'games' is laughable. As in 'ha-ha'. Really, that's fucking hilarious. People that have had the misfortune to buy or play your games hate them - just check out the Steam reviews. Do the industry a favour and go away.

Just a reminder for anyone not familiar with Derek Smart's quality alternative to Star Citizen: https://youtu.be/2Lw-cwIGuy0

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
2. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 10:15 theyarecomingforyou

I don't see how they're going to power it wirelessly, as it would need a pretty substantial battery to last enough for a decent gaming session.  

News Comments > New AMD Radeon Crimson Drivers
5. Re: New AMD Radeon Crimson Drivers Sep 1, 2016, 09:18 theyarecomingforyou

Pigeon wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:55:
Call me when they fix the HDMI audio issue.
Yup, same issue here. I sold my GTX 970s and went back to an old AMD card I had lying about whilst I look at my upgrade options. Now what happens is that the HDMI audio driver will just stop responding, forcing me to disconnect my HDTV and reconnect it again. Very annoying.

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
22. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 28, 2016, 04:36 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 22:01:
Wait until you read how they fucking broke it.

(basically: "Hey, we completely redid how webcams are handled in Windows without ever mentioning it, and we also really just had no clue most webcams work with compression, and our brand new method can't handle compression, so, yeah, uh... we broke it! Teehee!" )
So Microsoft decided to completely break most webcams on the market by design? That's ridiculous, even for Microsoft. What's bizarre is that they're working on a fix even though it was deliberate.

Honestly, most people in the forums here could manage the company better. That's not even an exaggeration. I mean, let's have a look at some of the company's great business decisions:

1) Microsoft buying Halo, a PC franchise, then killing it on PC
2) Making Halo 2 Vista exclusive
3) Making the XB1 controller W10 exclusive
4) Restricting the Windows Store so it's incompatible with mods
5) Bundling the Kinect with XB1
6) Designing Windows 10 by committee without any artistic vision
7) Paying for PC franchises like Tomb Raider to be timed exclusives
8) Charging for multiplayer on XB1
9) Buying Skype then butchering it
10) Forcing Ensemble Studios to make a XB1 exclusive RTS game then shuttering it when it underperformed
11) Buying Minecraft
12) Spending billions of dollars trying to compete with Google and Apple on mobile
13) Focusing on Metro apps even though everybody despises them
14) Reneging on space promised to OneDrive users, then pestering you to upgrade now you don't have enough space
15) Zune

As for this, why the hell is Microsoft bringing this to PC when it won't bring Halo 5 to PC? It's insulting to ask the PC community to build content for a console exclusive game. When will Microsoft learn that fucking over PC gamers isn't a good business strategy?

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
13. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 18:03 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 13:21:
This is basically the most retarded thing MS has done, and this is the company that gave us such things as Windows ME, Vista, 8 and the Win10 anniversary update which broke (estimated) a large majority of all webcams in the world.
Ah, so that's what fucked up my webcam. And it's a bloody Microsoft webcam and all. That and Microsoft auto-installed the Skype preview, which is an abomination.

Microsoft can fuck right off!

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
99. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 23, 2016, 14:16 theyarecomingforyou

Kosumo wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 04:56:
I have had a problem with Chris Roberts and his deceptive funding of his project (more so make a motion capture film than game) since he hit about 6 million in funding.

He has been shown to have lied many times about what he is doing. His wife also as lied many times about many thing form her past and this project going right back to when they where not keen for the first 3 years of it to acknowledge that they where married.

He and she have been very deceptive.
Stop it. The personal lives of CR and SG have no bearing on the development of the game. Sandi has proved that she is more than worthy of her position, being responsible for the most successful crowdfunded project in history - the project wouldn't be close to where it is without her. In terms of what matters, which is the game itself, they have been EXTREMELY open with the backers and public. Elements of the game have changed, as is inevitable in a project this complex, but they vastly exceed the original scope of the game.

Don't go around regurgitating Derek Smart's trolling campaign. He is a hateful little man, envious of anyone more capable than himself (i.e. everyone). The world would be a better place if he crawled off and died in a ditch.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
39. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 18, 2016, 05:42 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 22:28:
I never got the game to run in any of it's variants beyond that chat hub thing they released and the hangar. 1 frame per minute performance as soon as arena commander booted up. I don't know if it's working any better or not now because frankly, if I update and agree to the TOS, I give up a lot of rights and I refuse to do that. But from my research I think you needed to run the game off of a SSD and I really don't feel like doing that.
In the hangar and Arena Commander you can get 60fps, with drops during intense content. In the Persistent Universe the game maxes out at about 40fps because of server limitations, with performance ranging from 10-30fps depending on which server you're in. The game is really enjoyable when you get on a fresh server but those expecting a finished game are better off waiting a bit longer, as the game is clearly still in alpha.

Flatline wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 22:28:
And how many times are they going to rewrite the netcode? They've been "rewriting" it for years now. I'm aware of at least 2-3 big delays while they "rewrote the netcode".
They rewrote the netcode to get Arena Commander up and running and they're doing it against now that persistence has been implemented, as the sheer complexity of the game is beyond what the CryEngine netcode was ever intended for. Given that SC is a MMO the netcode will need to be continually reworked between now and release, so it's an ongoing process. Even games that have been commercially released have had major netcode patches subsequent to release, so this isn't something specific to CIG. Given that the game has to be playable throughout development there will be countless reworks of major systems as new engine functionality and gameplay systems come online.

Kosumo wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 04:59:
In your "In short" you did not list gameplay, what's the gameplay and what is it's quality like? Has it improved, does it show signs of improving?
The gameplay consists mostly of exploring and combat. The recent patch added in persistence, meaning you can now buy armour, weapons, clothing, etc. There is a mission system in place, allowing you to complete tasks for credits. There is a criminal system, meaning people who break the law (killing other players in regulated space) earn a bounty and once it is too high all players will be altered to them and be tasked with killing them - bounties can be removed by hacking a space station. The multi-crew ships are great fun to play on, with players able to man turrets or configure power balance, etc. There's also FPS combat, with weapons available at one of the space stations - it's quite clunky at the moment but the next couple of patches are meant to address a lot of the issues.

Given the performance issues it has to be said that right now it isn't very fun or playable - hitting 60fps in the PU isn't possible, even if you have a GTX 1080 or two, because of server limitations. Performance has actually decreased with the introduction of persistence and won't improve for a patch or two at least. When you get on a recently restarted server you get much better performance and can definitely sense the potential, especially when you're with a group of friends of TeamSpeak. I've had a lot of fun with the game already. The potential is certainly there but anyone on the fence should hold off.

The next patch (2.5) adds GRIM Hex, a pirate station. That will give some variety but anyone wanting a better idea of what the game will be like is best waiting until 2.7 when they introduce procedural planets. CIG should be releasing some videos in the next month or so, as Gamescom is around the corner. This was an early glimpse from last year.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
30. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 17, 2016, 14:36 theyarecomingforyou

Sho wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 16:26:
If we can dispense with the usual hyperbole, I'd be curious to hear a dispassionate take from someone who's actively following and playing it. How has it been doing lately?
Right now the game isn't great. Arena Commander performs well and has a decent selection of ships but the Persistent Universe has serious server related performance issues and the gameplay is rather limited at the moment. However, that's to be expected from an alpha game. Optimisation comes much later into developer, we don't even have DX12 support yet and the netcode rework will address a lot of the current issues. The big release will be 2.7 later this year, which includes procedural generation and will see the scope of the universe expand significantly.

As for S42, the singleplayer component. CIG has been keeping that largely under wraps to avoid spoilers. I doubt very much they'll release it this year as they have claimed but we will at least see some serious progress revealed this year. There is due to be a big event at Gamescom next month and CitizenCon is in September, where big reveals usually materialise.

Mordhaus wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 20:21:
It will most likely end up like Freelancer. Roberts will sell what they have managed to complete to a larger studio and then ride off into the sunset for another couple of years, until he decides to make another movie or game. He is certainly a visionary, but without someone to check him, he simply can't set a finished idea and complete a project. When he was at Origin, he didn't have complete control.
Freelancer was a mess, we know that. However, CIG has a lot more resources, a lot more talent and incredible financial backing from players. We haven't seen any evidence that the game is short of funding or on the verge of collapse - in fact everything points to the contrary. Even if they release the game and it's great they'll never satisfy the critics, as the goalposts will simply be moved - you'll just criticise it for something else.

At the end of the day CIG is developing a game and people were aware of the risks of backing. CIG has been providing regular free fly weekends so that people can judge the game for themselves and decide whether it is worth buying or simply just check on the progress. If you don't like the game that's fair enough but at least they're putting it out there for people to decide for themselves. How many PC games get demos these days?

News Comments > F1 2016 Announced
1. Re: F1 2016 Announced May 28, 2016, 06:10 theyarecomingforyou

This franchise is dying. I was a huge fan in the beginning but it hasn't just stagnated, it's actually gone backwards. Look at the Steam user reviews for F1 2015 - 60% are negative. Developing on a yearly cycle just isn't conducive to good games.  

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
12. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 02:40 theyarecomingforyou

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:35:
SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2016, 22:54:

Remember too, cdkeys.com has it for $35.

Wtf, that's damn cheap for pre-release. How reliable/sketchy is cdkeys.com?

Aka, are they trying to outdo G2A in their shadiness?

cdkeys.com isn't even listed on isthereanydeal.com, come on now.

Hrm, they also want a cell phone number to send a code to.
I've used them numerous times before and never had an issue. The site has a very high rating on Trustpilot. At that price I decided to grab it, as the gameplay videos looks awesome and I had a blast with the beta.

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
24. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 17:07 theyarecomingforyou

Quboid wrote on May 11, 2016, 15:21:
I've enjoyed each Civ more than the previous one. I like how 1UPT makes combat feel more tactical and less about who had the biggest number on their stack of doom. This sort of complexity adds more than per-city happiness, which is just busy-work IMHO.
This. Lots of people criticise each new version before eventually embracing it whereas I simply accept them for what they are - a new iteration. For me Civ5, even vanilla, was a great game and after playing it I couldn't go back. I even enjoyed CivBE. I have no doubt that Civ6 will also be an amazing game.

Steam shows that I put over 500hrs into Civ5, which really is a testament to its replayability. There were so many changes that made the experience unique, whilst still familiar. Getting rid of stacked units was a major improvement, as was the hex grids and better defensibility of cities (i.e. ability to attack and not be taken by a random unit).

I am happy with all of the features listed here.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
13. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 10:44 theyarecomingforyou

I've been waiting for these to be announced. I've already got someone lined up to buy my GTX 970s off me, so I'll probably pick up a couple of the GTX 1070s for SLI. I've been itching to upgrade for a while.  

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 23, 2016, 12:49 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 06:08:
Compared to Quake's speed, DOOM feels like Halo. Doom also has a two-weapon limit, which I believe Halo introduced and made standard. Any multiplayer game by id will be judged by Quake standards and DOOM doesn't measure up.
Why would DOOM be measured against Quake? They're different games. Quake was always faster paced. DOOM has faster movement that Doom 3 multiplayer did, which is the reference for comparison. As for weapon limits, that's aimed at balance and pace - spawning with weapons instead of having to pick them up makes it more accessible and leads to less griefing.

id Software had to redefine the multiplayer as Doom 3 had crap multiplayer and Doom I and II were from a completely different era (they didn't even have mouse look). Personally I like what id Software has done with the game and after RAGE I had precisely zero interest in anything from them again.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
63. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 23, 2016, 03:22 theyarecomingforyou

Flatline wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 18:52:
Not to particularly pick a fight or anything, but now that S42 is an episodic single player game, do you think it's going to rake cash in like never before? I mean, consoles are out, and single player games are not as hot as hot multiplayer games.
The game isn't episodic, it's a trilogy. Plus the appeal is that there's nothing else like it. How many times have we heard that singleplayer games are dead only to have a singleplayer game own the market (look at Fallout 4).

Flatline wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 18:52:
Plus, how many backers do they have now? Those are all people who are going to get the game and not actually have to pay for it. They've already front-loaded their revenue from S42 and burned through it a long time ago.
The game has 1.3 million backers, so there's massive scope for further sales. Further, the development costs are the money raised so far - anything further allows the continued development of the game. There's also no evidence they they 'burned through' all the money. In fact they have continued to expand, which is not the sign of a company in financial difficulties. They're pulling in $2m a month and there hasn't been a huge amount of visible progress recently.

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
12. Re: DOOM PC Support Details Apr 23, 2016, 03:13 theyarecomingforyou

Considering I don't really care for twitch shooters any more I actually really enjoyed the beta. id Software had to bring the game into the modern era, which is what they did. If the singleplayer is at all replayable then I think the game will do well. It's just a shame it doesn't have co-op.  

60. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 19, 2016, 15:02 theyarecomingforyou

Wolfox wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 17:30:
It seems your faith is waning, though you still try to be optimistic. I'd say that's fair. I'm curious myself to see in what state Star Citizen will be by the end of the year, and for the record, I hope it meets your expectations then.
I'm still confident it will be a good game, I'm just not confident it can be delivered in the timeframe they are claiming. I've always been critical of some aspects of the game. For instance, I don't like the way CIG has prioritised ship development whilst other playable content has taken a back seat.

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 17:56:
But as you said, what was 'PROMISED' and what they are doing are two ENTIRELY different things.

Deliver on what you promised 1st, then add goodies 2nd. But there are things they have done that are just fucking mind boggling like building a motion capture studio.
At the end of the day it wasn't about making a game, it was about financing Chris Roberts to make a STUDIO that is going to make a game which is a huge difference.
One of the reason's I requested a refund (only in for 50 to get both S42 and SC) is because the more I watch the more I get angry. I payed for development of the game. Not posters, not display models and cases, not t-shirts, not costumes and name tags and jewelry for the dev team. I paid for a GAME.
I understand your argument, it's just not that simple. The additional funding is going to making a better game - it couldn't simply be added in a patch or expansion. All the merchandise is being handled by the community team, which is funded by subscriptions - it's not coming out of the game funds

Mordhaus wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 19:55:
I won't go into another long diatribe. All I will say is this, RSI has repeatedly denied that they are in a financial crisis, now they have done little but release new purchasable ships (or made available again ones that were supposed to be limited edition) and have multiple free week trials.

This smacks of a company that is running out of funds, not even whales can keep defending RSI for much longer.
They're pulling in $2m a month, combined with money from other deals and tax breaks. For instance, CIG recently appeared in an advert for Time Warner cable and they did a major promotion with AMD. Not to mention the huge amount of money that will come when S42 is released. CIG is taking on more staff all the time, which is not the sign of a company with major financial difficulties.

I get that a lot of people resent popular projects and want to see this project fail but I don't understand why. If it fails it fails but if it doesn't then we end up with a great game. Nobody should be buying this game now unless they're willing to accept the risk that it might fail. I backed from the beginning and have been very happy with the progress - it's been slow, without a doubt, but the game is going far beyond what was originally promised.

It's one thing to say the game is overly ambitious and point out that nearly every release date provided has been missed; it's another to claim the project is an outright scam, as some of the trolls around here do.

37. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 17:15 theyarecomingforyou

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 16:58:
Wasn't the game suppose to be done by now so people could play it whenever they wanted?
Absolutely, but at a much lower fidelity level and scale. Go back and watch the original trailer, then look at it now. The funding increased massively and it's far better that CIG invested that in the game than simply pocket it as profit.

35. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 17:01 theyarecomingforyou

I think Comet summed it up well. Nobody disputes that the game is significantly behind schedule but then the scope of the game has massively, massively increased. The procedural tech they showed off recently is way beyond what was originally promised. I can understand why people are frustrated but at the end of the day what matters to me is the end game, not how long it takes. Go back and look at that original video then look at what is already playable and it's amazing.

That said, I very much doubt CIG will ship S42 this year and I've been disappointed with the pace of development for the PU. By the end of this year we'll know the true picture of development.

6582 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo