Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonas Taylor

Real Name Jonas Taylor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname theyarecomingforyou
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 8, 2005, 11:25
Total Comments 6641 (Guru)
User ID 22891

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC
6. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 18:43 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really not worried about new features, as there's a bug that causes the game to crash to desktop when you get to a particular turn. Going back and loading earlier saves doesn't help. I don't want to invest ten hours into a game only to not be able to complete it because of a bug.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
12. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 15:12 theyarecomingforyou

Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:46:
I wonder if CIG's siphoning of CryTech engineering talent has something to do with it. Or perhaps leaving CryTech to join CIG is a result of financial issues with CryTech. Kind of interesting considering Derek predicted CIG would be bankrupt by early 2016.
Nope. CIG was only able to poach staff because Crytek had major financial issues and couldn't pay staff. It's why Crytek had to sell Homefront: The Revolution to another publisher back in 2014.

As for Derek, he predicted a lot of things and none of them have been accurate. He's simply a troll, jealous at the notion that anybody could produce better games than him. I'm assuming he was molested as a child, as he is not right in the head.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
79. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 20, 2016, 15:02 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 05:06:
Their target audience being in the age range of 6-8yrs old, I am sure the kids will belíve this video was recorded during a live MP game session.
So their target audience is children who would have been 2-4 years old at the time of the Kickstarter and who have tens of thousands of dollars in disposable income? Interesting argument.

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:12:
Nope. Not one iota of it is "uncharted territory." Every single thing CR is promising has been done before. What he is promising is to do them all together at once. That's what makes him (and his defenders) fools.
Nonsense. Look at the unified first-and-third person animations, for instance - the only game that tried that is Arma and that's a horrible game. CIG has managed to incorporate vision stabilisation into the mix to create a viewspace that is exactly as others see it, which is important for multiplayer. Then there's the multi-crew ships with independent physics grids, something that hasn't been seen in any other game. There's the scope of the universe, with 64bit precision being used to render at incredible distances with incredible accuracy. If you really think the game isn't cutting edge and groudbreaking then you're not being reasonable.

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:12:
But CR has no track record of technological innovation on this scale. He's got no track record of finding a way to combine all of the disparate features of different games into a seamless whole
Nobody does. It's never been done before. It's like criticising JFK for trying to put a man on the moon by claiming nobody has ever done it before and nobody has been able to combine all the elements needed. No shit. Is your argument that developers should always play it safe and not bother to innovate?

Look, if you don't like the game then don't buy it. Chris Roberts isn't going to murder your first born if you don't. If you want to wait for it to be completed before deciding whether it's worth it then great - again, nobody is forcing you to buy it. What I don't understand is why so many people have an agenda to see the game fail.

57. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 19:14 theyarecomingforyou

Dacron wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 18:32:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 17:54:
CIG is overdelivering

Oh, I didn't realize the first episode of Squadron 42 was released this year like they said.

Or star marine (2015 release date, 2 weeks till 2017 btw)..
I'm obviously talking about the fidelity of content released and upcoming content shown off (i.e. the procedurally generated planets). The fidelity is far in excess of anything originally envisioned.

51. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 17:54 theyarecomingforyou

Mordhaus wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 16:48:
Well, enough people did ask for refunds that they reworded the original kickstarter based TOS to make refunds basically no longer available. I don't have other evidence, but when a company rewords a TOS and starts denying refunds, it is likely that a lot of people were pulling their money out of the project.
My understanding is that the TOS changes related to the CIG website, as the development schedule they set originally didn't factor in the change to the scope of the game. CIG has allowed a lot of early backers to get refunds despite not having an obligation to do so. Again, the original Kickstarter backers are a very small subset of the total community.

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 16:51:
How is this any different than Trump promising a whole lot of shit, basically everything that everybody wanted to hear, then getting elected and then....well I guess we'll see what happens next, wont we?
CIG is overdelivering and designing the game as the community wants; Trump is a racist, fascist asshole?

41. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 16:13 theyarecomingforyou

Mordhaus wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 15:54:
Let me add one bit to that, as an extremely early "former" KS backer myself, I believe most of the initial backers have already done as I have and requested a refund.

The people who are still in this mess are most likely the ones who want all of it. I wish them good luck, but if they were smart they would have gotten out when SC was still handing out refunds. They are dealing with a McDonalds that has ran this particular scam before and that sold a kid's meal burger that they claimed to be a Big Mac to Microsoft.
The game is more popular than ever (there are over 1.6m backers) and I very much doubt that most original backers have requested a refund. That said, I fully support anyone who isn't happy with the direction of the game in doing so. It's taking a lot longer than originally anticipated and not everyone is going to be happy with the direction of the game.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the direction that CIG is taking and being part of the iterative design process. The community has had an enormous impact shaping the game and it's always interesting watching the weekly videos and being able to meet the developers at events. Of course I have plenty of criticism of the game but that's to be expected.

40. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 15:59 theyarecomingforyou

Kosumo wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 14:35:
Ok, so this was good enough to show publicly yet they could not get any of the Squadren 42 footage togeather despite them saying back at gamescon/citizen con that it was only days from being done.

Now they say that they are not going to show it.

I say they where lying the whole time, they must have know over six months ago that there was NO chance of Squarden 42 being released this year yet they did nothing to correct that perception.
I certainly wouldn't say they're lying but CIG is terrible at communicating delays. They waited until CitizenCon to reveal that S42 isn't on track, which the community already suspected. Once they missed that window they figured it was better to hold it off for a more polished reveal. However, I do think it was ridiculous for Chris Roberts to announce S42 would be shown at CitizenCon and then not show it, only to suggest it would be shown in one of the later livestreams and it not to turn up.

CIG has been quite poor at communicating with the community recently, especially regarding delays to Squadron 42, 2.6 and 3.0. The decision to share the internal release schedule for 2.6 was a step in the right direction but only occurred after a lot of negativity from the community. I also strongly object to them pushing yet another ship in the recent livestream when 2.6 is still not out, 3.0 has not even been mentioned and we have literally no idea when Squadron 42 will be shown off. It was quite tasteless.

Certainly CIG has let itself down with regards to playable content and previews this year. The game really should be coming together a lot more quickly and focus needs to be made on playable content considering the delays on the final release. Star Marine is a step in the right direction, especially being able to run at 60fps, and now that's needed for the PU. Once basic optimisations are in place and 3.0 released there will be enough of a sandbox for players to enjoy themselves. I just hope it doesn't take four months to release 3.0.

28. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 13:42 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 10:17:
The narrative in these MP videos are fucking terrible.
I literally had to watch this with the sound muted, because it made me feel embarrassed to listen to it. Sounded like 7yrs old kids in the school yard or something.
Completely agree. The entire livestream was cringeworthy and the community backlash to it was immense.

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:20:
Because those things happened after the kickstarter, and we not things we pledged for or were interested in.
The majority of backers joined AFTER the Kickstarter. Even in the original pitch video it was shown from a first-person perspective and it was built on the CryEngine, which is a first-person engine. Chris Roberts always intended to do first-person combat if the funding allowed for it. As an original backer from the Kickstarter I fully support the direction taken, though am obviously disappointed by the constant delays.

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:43:
This video is everything wrong with SC development.

Notice how long it takes to actually get to "gameplay"? Sure, I want to walk through a long series of corridors (which they clipped out part of... look for the cuts) in order to equip in order to set my ship layout in order to take off to fly to get to the mission. Or not. Half the time is spent NOT playing the combat part.
This is the Persistent Universe part of the game, which is built around a living universe. It's not meant to be fast paced from the get-go, it's designed to be immersive. That was the plan all along. If you want fast paced you can play Arena Commander, where you start in your ship and respawn immediately once you're killed. Squadron 42 will again be different, with everything built around the narrative and with deliberate pacing. There's something for everybody.

Also, it needs to be said that the game is in alpha. You can't even take off from your hangar at the moment. Likely what will happen is you'll spawn in your hangar, get into your ship and take off directly into space. So this isn't representative of the final product.

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:43:
Also, look at the combat (especially the space marine part). Are they using Nerf guns? It took 200 hits to drop a single enemy. That's a definite sign of gameplay issues there. Either the hit boxes or networking is crap, or CR realizes the intense frustration of 10 minutes of prep, only to get killed in 2 seconds. Probably a combination of both.
The networking is currently a major issue with the game, causing serious performance issues. Further, the game is currently being rebalanced and this patch hasn't even gone live yet - there will also be more balancing going on in the next patch. The component system is also in its infancy, which deals with shields, armour, etc. Balance has changed constantly throughout development and will continue to change radically before release.

As it stands the Persistent Universe isn't very enjoyable and won't be until at least 3.0, when we'll see the new netcode, procedurally generated planets, gameplay mechanics (cargo, etc), a proper mission system and multiple locations to spawn from. But then that's to be expected for a game in alpha that is missing most of the mechanics and gameplay systems. Anybody who played the leak of Half-Life 2 can attest to that - here's a gameplay video for those that didn't experience that joy.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
28. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 28, 2016, 13:35 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 01:26:
The thing I'll give Star Citizen is they've been pretty transparent about what they're building (including massive scope creep), and they've provided demos along the way. That's where HG fell down, IMO. They (Sean?) tried to leave the gameplay a mystery, so people filled those unknown spaces with their hopes and dreams. Then when it came out, people were pretty disappointed that their idea of what they thought the game was didn't match reality.
This. Chris Roberts has been completely open about the development of Star Citizen, making clear that features may changed as the game develops and setting realistic expectations. For instance, planets were originally going to be quite limited and there would be a cutscene transition from space to the planet - only when the procedural generation technology came along, which was a stretch goal, did they show that planets will be fully explorable and demo the transition. Meanwhile the drop-in-drop-out co-op that was originally promised has changed to co-op missions due to the increase in fidelity of the campaign. There are also regular free-fly weeks where people can try the game out for themselves. The only thing that can be held against CIG is that they're bad at communicating delays.

Sean Murry, on the otherhand, was stating or intimating features would be included with No Man's Sky right up until release and withheld review copies right up until the release. He made no attempt to correct the record. There was also no in-depth gameplay walkthroughs ahead of release and no demo. Everything was done to project a deep and involved game when the reality was it was shallow and repetitive.

Gamers have a right to be presented with accurate information and NMS was a blatant case of false advertising. People are right to keep bringing it up, as the game is still nowhere close to what was promised. The thing is with realistic expectations NMS would still have sold well and there wouldn't have been the same backlash against it. There was simply no excuse or logic behind what they did.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
109. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 23, 2016, 15:32 theyarecomingforyou

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:23:
So there's a playable alpha of the PSU and Squadron 42 already? Or are you considering the hanger module, Arena Commander, and social module on par with an actual alpha ?
Delivering (in the processing of giving) is different to delivered (has already given). I shouldn't have to teach you basic English just to have a discussion about this. What we've seen and got to play is in excess of what was originally promised. Only if CIG goes bankrupt and is unable to complete the development is there an issue but funding is at record levels. The original pitch was for five ships (Aurora, Hornet, 300i, Freelancer and Constellation) - all of those are flyable, along with the Mustang, M50, Gladius, Cutlass, Avenger, Gladiator, Starfarer, Retaliator, Scythe, Glaive, P-52 Merlin, Khartu Al, Vanguard, Reliant, Sabre and Argo, with the Caterpillar, Herald and 85X due in the next patch in the next few weeks.

Not only that but the fidelity is dramatically beyond what was originally promised. And in the next patch we get Star Marine, which is the first-person combat element of the game - that's something that was originally a stretch goal. Is the game taking longer than was originally estimated? Absolutely, but the reason is the increased funding and scope of the game. As an original backer I support what CIG is doing.

Go back and look at the original pledge - it looks awful in comparison to what we're able to play now and what's coming up soon.

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 12:23:
The fact that CIG is selling people on hope, does not mean he's doing something "right" in terms of software development, just that he's doing something right in terms of fundraising.
It's a crowdfunded game. The way it works is that people pay money AHEAD of time and fund development of the game. If you fail to grasp the fundamental business model then there's really nothing to discuss.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2016, 17:11 theyarecomingforyou

SirKnight wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 13:34:
Chipotle's '300-calorie burrito' left customer too full, and he's suing.

I hope those idiots lose so bad and owe enormous amounts of money in lawyer fees. They want, I'm guessing, tons of money from Chipotle just because they are too stupid to realize that there is no way a burrito with all of those things in it can be 300 calories. No common sense AT ALL. I have not seen the sign advertising the chorizo, but most likely it's very clear the 300 calorie claim is for the chorizo not a whole burrito.
I strongly disagree. Based on the picture posted here it seems as if they're promoting it as being 300 calories when it is actually dramatically more. If so then the lawsuit is absolutely justified. Sleazy businesses need to be held to account when they mislead customers.

100. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 21, 2016, 12:02 theyarecomingforyou

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 10:04:
In the end this will be more of a 'bait and switch' scheme. They are selling everyone on product A, but what will be released will actually be product B. It will fulfill all of the requirements for delivering a product for the Kickstarter rules, but won't be anything close to what was promised.
CIG is delivering far in excess of what was promised in the original Kickstarter. Further, the vast majority of backers came in after the Kickstarter. It's fair enough to criticise the delays but when the end result is going to be substantially better most people are fine with that - in fact CIG continues to attract large numbers of new backers and additional funds.

We get it, Star Citizen isn't for you. But clearly it is for a lot of other people and given that they continue to contribute more money into the project CIG must be doing something right.

79. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 09:54 theyarecomingforyou

El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 04:01:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 03:26:
You can even see Sandi's creative input into shaping the Chris Roberts vision.

Sandi: "Chris, I need a dress made with lots of diamonds and golden shoes for the release party!"

And while saying this she already knew that she was just saying something very, very stupid. And the smile on her husband's face proved her right that very moment.
I see misogyny is still alive and kicking. Sad really.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
22. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 18:31 theyarecomingforyou

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:38:
It would be nice to read one of these "fuck EA" threads without all the hyperbole for once.
I think the comments have been completely reasonable. EA keeps fucking up PC gaming with its shameless money grabs and diminishing feature sets. What's the point in renting servers when you have effectively no control over them? It's ridiculous.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 15, 2016, 22:32 theyarecomingforyou

Was going to install these for Civilisation VI but after reading the forum topic I think I'll hold off for a bit. I have a feeling we're going to see a hotfix released soon.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free
15. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for Free Nov 10, 2016, 06:54 theyarecomingforyou

Beamer wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:23:
Couldn't disagree more. I felt like they took out the good from the game and left bare bones that were really, really bare. On top of it, the plot felt less throwback and more generic, and the decision to go with an eye-searing red sky with pink and purple details wasn't fun. That was usually 5 minutes in an 80s movie, not a full 5 hours.

I adore FC3/FC4. Found this to be mostly just boring.
Agreed. I loved the settling of Blood Dragon but the gameplay was shallow and it got tedious rather quickly. That's in stark contrast to FC3/FC4, which were really compelling and replayable.

News Comments > No Metro Game in 2017
6. Re: No Metro Game in 2017 Nov 10, 2016, 05:50 theyarecomingforyou

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:51:
double post, i blame obama.
Metro is a post-apocalyptic world set after a nuclear holocaust. Trump has just got his hands on the nuclear codes. Connect the dots.

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
24. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 17:29 theyarecomingforyou

I use Start10 to replace the default Start Menu. Microsoft desperately needs to hire some decent artists and designers, as it's pretty obvious the icons were designed by talentless managers who've never used a graphic design program before.  

19. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 15:14 theyarecomingforyou

Theo wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 12:18:
In this case its not microsofts fault the UWP platform supports playing with other PC's (and xbox's for that matter); activision chose not to include it. Microsoft also offered up the refunds with no stress straight up with no fuss and next to no internet prompting.

but its cooler to troll MS right? who needs the truth?
Microsoft should refuse to allow the game on the platform without PC support or at the very least warn people on the store page. Imagine buying a pair of scissors only to find out they don't cut 99% of paper. As it stands it's not acceptable to simply offer a refund after the fact.

6. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 11:08 theyarecomingforyou

You'd have to be an idiot to buy anything from the Windows Store. Seriously, it took me three weeks to be able to download and play Gears of War 4 because of issues with downloading the game and installing it. Part of it related to a four year old buy where the Windows Store doesn't create a folder it needs, causing the update to fail.

What astonishes me is that the Windows Store version won't support play with the Steam version. In PC gaming that's unprecedented but sadly not surprising given this is Microsoft we're talking about.

6641 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo