Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grumpy Sod

Real Name Grumpy Sod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2005, 15:09
Total Comments 171 (Novice)
User ID 22835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2017, 11:01 Grumpy Sod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 10:37:
Origin seems to work extremely well for me, and from what I hear, they have much better (live) customer support. Haven't tried it myself, though.

I had to contact EA a few times back in the pre-Origin days to merge accounts that were all me but spawned by various different games and was always amazed that (here in the UK at least) I got a local call center that wasn't just going through the motions off a list of text and actually got shit sorted and fast. Of course a lot can change in the years since.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2017, 10:55 Grumpy Sod

Jesus, I scan read that as Chuck Norris Dead  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 11:06 Grumpy Sod

Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 10:58:
we’d like to extend a huge thanks to all players that have played the beta and given us feedback

The beta? Wasn't this game released like a month+ ago? At least they're honest in calling people who bought the game beta testers.

I did wonder at that. Very curious slip up.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 10:16 Grumpy Sod

"The first few hours of Andromeda are a gruesome trudge through the most trite bilge of the previous three games, smeared out in a setting that’s horribly familiar, burdened with some outstandingly awful writing, buried beneath a UI that appears to have been designed to infuriate in every possible way."

Wow, did not expect anything other than pure arse-lickery from RPS, so that's nice to see.

[edit] Having read the rest, damn that's a brutal ripping. Sounds deserved though, those are some AWFUL cliches going on right there.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2017, 08:57 Grumpy Sod

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 05:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 20:31:
ASHLEY DID ALOY?!? Holy fuck never would have guessed.

She stole the show as Tiny Tina in BL2

Tiny Tina is why I'm amazed that Aloy is also her. Both awesomely voiced, both totally different. Grats to her for not letting herself get pigeonholed.

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 15:44 Grumpy Sod

El Pit wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:10:
Creston wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:07:
Because when you think Reservoir Dogs, you think action and shooting.

I actually think dancing and cutting. And cutting and dancing.

Definitely the must-have VR game we're all waiting for right there

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 04:38 Grumpy Sod

One of my insanely specific bucket list items ticked!  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 10:40 Grumpy Sod

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 10:17:
Horizon Zero Dawn earns that top spot pretty handily. It's clearly a labor of love, with a surprisingly non-sexualized female main character, a LONG introductory section that makes you give a shit about the characters involved, and has a solid premise for what you go about doing. I'm maybe a bit over half done with the game, just in terms of area discovered. The difficulty in fighting the various monsters is intimidating even on Normal difficulty, requiring you to prepare ahead of time and often retreat when your plans go very wrong. It's not worth buying a PS4 JUST to play it. but if you were even SORT of considering one, it adds a lot of weight to that decision.

Totally agree. Haven't been this impressed and engrossed in a game in a very long time. It also feels soothingly familiar in places (skill trees etc), without feeling like it's just cheaply rehashing features of the genre.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 09:52 Grumpy Sod

Resolves correctly to en-gb for me at the moment.

I had similar a few years back where every single website I visited said I was in the US, when I was definitely still sat in the UK, and it turned out that somehow a chunk of IP addresses used by my ISP were reverse looking up as being in the US. Made for some interesting new Netflix browsing for a month before I found out and got them to fix it!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Announced
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 09:02 Grumpy Sod

Will be interesting to see the system applied to followers. Done properly you'll have ones that are loyal throughout everything, and probably even ones that go rogue when you saved someone else rather than them. As long as we don't end up having to have one to one cuddle time to keep them happy  

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 05:01 Grumpy Sod

I can't see how gold farmers could gain from this, as it can't be turned back into real money. That's the key thing. Real money can go INTO the system for a token, but nothing can be switched back out.

Now there may be fringe cases where you can farm for gold, turn into token, and offer to sell it for balance at a slightly better exchange rate, but that sounds like too fine a profit margin to bother with, if it's even possible.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 08:45 Grumpy Sod

The article from the 3rd about Madden predictions makes an even better read today

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/super-bowl-madden-predictions/

Late comeback for the Patriots and all

News Comments > LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer
1. Re: LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer Jan 12, 2017, 11:13 Grumpy Sod

An amazingly good game that I played to death 'for my son', honest

Of all the LEGO games, this had some of the best humour that clearly wasn't there for kids. If you've avoided owning a Wii U (and I wouldn't blame you, I only had one for the kids) I heartily recommend checking it out.

News Comments > Does Watch Dogs 2 Include a Sneaky Game Reveal?
18. Re: Does Watch Dogs 2 Include a Sneaky Game Reveal? Nov 15, 2016, 10:28 Grumpy Sod

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 16:34:
This is the same problem that Watch Dogs 1 had when you e-mugged random citizens and it affected quite a few people's experience - which makes it exactly the sort of thing that a review should talk about.

This is why I stopped, and probably remarkably early on in the campaign. I just got this queasy 'two faced douche' feeling from the dissonance of the games parts. I think I got asked to do a mission at some point and went "um, no, I won't" and thus endeth the game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 8, 2016, 07:54 Grumpy Sod

Saboth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 20:39:
I'd always thought of Web of Trust as one of the "must have" addons. Guess you can't trust anyone.

Same here. Kind of sad to have to remove it.

News Comments > Civilization VI Tutorial Blowout
1. Re: Civilization VI Tutorial Blowout Oct 20, 2016, 11:05 Grumpy Sod

Just waiting for How To Train Your Dragon now  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2016, 08:59 Grumpy Sod

First thought was "I just do eyes"  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 10, 2016, 08:09 Grumpy Sod

Bumpy wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 19:50:
Has a rather strange outcome that I don't think is very healthy.
Pretty much sums up every Black Mirror. But that's the point

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
3. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 10:02 Grumpy Sod

Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 09:48:
Very cool. Still doesn't make up for Dungeon Keeper Mobile though.

Nothing will ever make up for Dungeon Kee.. [Wait an hour or pay $1 for the rest of my sentence]

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 7, 2016, 09:39 Grumpy Sod

I so badly wanted to like the first game, and I did, but it didn't like me

Played the first mission, carefully not getting seen, and then the final room (I think), I just couldn't manage to not get spotted. Spent hours and then ended up never going back. Probably for the best, as it was killing me to try for a perfect stealth run and I'd not even done that one level.

Didn't help to have it spoilered about Emily hating you if you were violent, or whatever the particulars were.

The original is, basically, my one true regret for not getting into. I still want to love it, despite our differences

171 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo