Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grumpy Sod

Real Name Grumpy Sod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2005, 15:09
Total Comments 234 (Novice)
User ID 22835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Fable Fortune Launching This Week
1. Re: Fable Fortune Launching This Week Feb 20, 2018, 07:06 Grumpy Sod

But will you be good or evil?

My main gripe with Fable games was always their idea of morality. "You see a puppy, do you tickle and love it or kick it? YOU MUST CHOOOOOOOSE" Nope, I just go 'oh a puppy' and walk on.

Not just an issue with Fable, but it always wields it in advertising like it's done well, when it's not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2018, 07:17 Grumpy Sod

Bill Borre wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 15:33:
Fingers crossed on this one. I'd like to see Star Wars Galaxies return (even if Disney won't stand for it)

Ah but which version? What it started as, or how it ended?

News Comments > New Fortnite User Record
2. Re: New Fortnite User Record Feb 9, 2018, 04:10 Grumpy Sod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 00:26:
what the hell, 3.4 million people are playing this game? I wonder what the breakdown is between platforms, doesn't seem like any PC people I know are playing this, most haven't even heard of it.

Admittedly that's an extremely small sample, and anecdotal evidence, but still.

Also, a breakdown of free version Battle Royale, vs the paid PvE(??) version would have been informative. Is there a worthwhile single player game in there somewhere, or is just basically the BR version now?

I'd have liked to know platform and play type split too.

I'm enjoying the PvE portion still after a month. Bought the cheapest founders pack when it was half price at xmas. Getting on just fine without any need to dip a toe into the microtransactional side of it. I'm normally playing on PC, but last night tried it on PS4 for the first time in a few weeks and the players I was teamed with were noticeably worse at it. That was only two games though, so not the best sample set.

News Comments > Train Crisis Released
1. Re: Train Crisis Released Feb 8, 2018, 11:35 Grumpy Sod

Looks a lot like a game I played the living hell out of on my phone about five years ago  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Feb 6, 2018, 09:51 Grumpy Sod

Once again, I want to say "What the hell UK?" and I live here. I honestly don't ever see how this chart relates to *anything* any more. It seems as relevant as tracking physical CD sales to gauge what's popular music.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 11:39 Grumpy Sod

Thanks. And yeah I know you didn't, I think I accidentally hit quote instead of reply

So basically there was a lot more aggressive plays rather than just creeping forwards to barely make the ten yards? Makes sense. Rugby matches are a lot more fun when it's a flowing running game than lots of grounding it and slow pushes (IMO).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 11:08 Grumpy Sod

Verno wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 10:20:
Very entertaining, both teams played well and it was nice to see a crazy offensive game for a change. I also consumed a ridiculous amount of chicken wings and pizza so it was win-win for everyone as far as I'm concerned

Could someone explain to an outsider how a game where (afaik) you HAVE to field a defensive line vs an offensive line can be deemed to have low defensive quotient? Genuinely curious. Haven't watched a Superbowl in a loooong time /brit

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success
9. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 16, 2018, 06:16 Grumpy Sod

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 05:14:
From videos Ive seen that people with controller hit far better with it than people who play with mouse/keyboard.

Playing the PvE on both PS4 and PC and I agree this is indeed how it feels. It does my head in that the same gun feels way less accurate on PC than PS4. Still having a blast though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2018, 11:11 Grumpy Sod

Until, of course, someone hacks it and deliberately sets fire to your kitchen...

If someone can hack a finance system via a goldfish tank, then why would you ever attach something actually dangerous to the IoT?

Actually, I'll fix that for myself: Why would you ever attach something to the IoT? Cool? Kinda. Risky as fuck in these early days? Definitely.

News Comments > Hyper Universe This Month
2. Re: Hyper Universe This Month Jan 3, 2018, 11:24 Grumpy Sod

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 09:36:
A side scrolling MOBA, what where they thinking?

Awesomenauts was pretty, well, awesome, so maybe that?

News Comments > Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Announced
1. Re: Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Announced Dec 15, 2017, 09:32 Grumpy Sod

For once, Boaty McBoatface would be appropriate. Go Internet. Do what you do best.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content
1. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 13, 2017, 11:01 Grumpy Sod

Can you somehow put spoiler alerts/filters on the news? They're kinda being total dicks releasing content before the film is on general release.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Nov 27, 2017, 04:44 Grumpy Sod

Asmodai wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 02:01:
Sad fucking thing is, I used to love seeing the square/circle/triangle coming up on the Amiga. It meant you were about to play a quality game.

I was just saying this the other day. That and the guy growling "EA BIG" before SSX etc.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 11:18 Grumpy Sod

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:57:
They remind me of Black Mirror.

Very much so, which I guess is no surprise given his style of dystopian/warning type sci-fi.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 10:45 Grumpy Sod

Amazon continues to churn out original series, with Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams premiering on Friday, January 12.

Except that series has been out here on Channel 4 for weeks. Hardly a made for Amazon exclusive.

Great casts with some hit and some miss episodes.

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
4. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 10:37 Grumpy Sod

Retired wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 10:01:
Millions of people play free game!

SKY IS BLUE!

/Monetize crates in 3...2...1....

When did it actually become free? Tried to try it a month ago and it insisted I buy an Early Access pack of a variety of prices.

[edit] Oh, the Battle Royale pvp is free

News Comments > Overwatch Halloween Event Next Week
1. Re: Overwatch Halloween Event Next Week Oct 4, 2017, 06:55 Grumpy Sod

Doubt my luck from last year will repeat. I logged in, opened the free crate, got the pumpkin reaper skin, logged off  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2017, 11:15 Grumpy Sod

Absolutely clear as mud  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 20, 2017, 10:29 Grumpy Sod

Yeahhhh... no

Looks on the surface kind of like the reboot games but then comes across as total cheaply made cheese. And while I love Nick Frost in comedies, that immediately said all I needed to know about the tone.

News Comments > ECHO Released (Released)
1. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 20, 2017, 06:41 Grumpy Sod

I honestly don't know which gameplay I'd like them to learn that I would find easiest to counter. I suspect I'd prefer to run and gun while they learn and then stealth when they don't, just so I don't end up facing a game full of stealthed enemies. Unfortunately I normally prefer to stealth when given the choice. I guess the whole point of the game is that kind of choice, but it leaves me feeling uncomfortable about trying it.

[edit] Reviews on Steam make it sound a very interesting experience, and the fact it unlearns each reset is a relief

234 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo