Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grumpy Sod

Real Name Grumpy Sod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2005, 15:09
Total Comments 158 (Novice)
User ID 22835

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Does Watch Dogs 2 Include a Sneaky Game Reveal?
18. Re: Does Watch Dogs 2 Include a Sneaky Game Reveal? Nov 15, 2016, 10:28 Grumpy Sod

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 16:34:
This is the same problem that Watch Dogs 1 had when you e-mugged random citizens and it affected quite a few people's experience - which makes it exactly the sort of thing that a review should talk about.

This is why I stopped, and probably remarkably early on in the campaign. I just got this queasy 'two faced douche' feeling from the dissonance of the games parts. I think I got asked to do a mission at some point and went "um, no, I won't" and thus endeth the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 8, 2016, 07:54 Grumpy Sod

Saboth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 20:39:
I'd always thought of Web of Trust as one of the "must have" addons. Guess you can't trust anyone.

Same here. Kind of sad to have to remove it.

News Comments > Civilization VI Tutorial Blowout
1. Re: Civilization VI Tutorial Blowout Oct 20, 2016, 11:05 Grumpy Sod

Just waiting for How To Train Your Dragon now  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2016, 08:59 Grumpy Sod

First thought was "I just do eyes"  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 10, 2016, 08:09 Grumpy Sod

Bumpy wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 19:50:
Has a rather strange outcome that I don't think is very healthy.
Pretty much sums up every Black Mirror. But that's the point

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
3. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 10:02 Grumpy Sod

Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 09:48:
Very cool. Still doesn't make up for Dungeon Keeper Mobile though.

Nothing will ever make up for Dungeon Kee.. [Wait an hour or pay $1 for the rest of my sentence]

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 7, 2016, 09:39 Grumpy Sod

I so badly wanted to like the first game, and I did, but it didn't like me

Played the first mission, carefully not getting seen, and then the final room (I think), I just couldn't manage to not get spotted. Spent hours and then ended up never going back. Probably for the best, as it was killing me to try for a perfect stealth run and I'd not even done that one level.

Didn't help to have it spoilered about Emily hating you if you were violent, or whatever the particulars were.

The original is, basically, my one true regret for not getting into. I still want to love it, despite our differences

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Arsenal Trailer
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 08:32 Grumpy Sod

ShakyJake wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 08:11:
There's a new edition of 40k coming out, but it'll be set in the year 30k. The lore describes how in the year 40k all of the vehicles and weapons used by the Imperium of Man are made by the few fabricator units still remaining online, and many other weapon/vehicle patterns are lost to history.

30k is, as far as I remember, Horus Heresy era, which had a box set released last year by GW, and is still very much post Age of Technology

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 13, 2016, 08:55 Grumpy Sod

I played Battlezone on PSVR a few weeks ago at a games convention and it looked okay on the 2D displays in the queue, but as soon as I was in game it was pixelated as all hell. I finished the demo in no more than a couple of minutes but was already feeling motion drift kicking in, where I'd stop strafing but my body was telling me I was still sliding. It was rather vile. Now I'm pretty sure this was on a stock PS4 and not some PS4 Pro dev kit, so maybe there's future hope, but still, not good.  

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Announced
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 26, 2016, 08:31 Grumpy Sod

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 01:40:
There used to be a problem with getting access to the tracks from the original Rocksmith game. Did they ever fix that? Has anyone been able to add the original tracks to the game?

I've got most imported, but I believe they lost licensing rights to a few of them between editions, so didn't have the legal permission to let players of 2014 import them, even when they already owned them before. Rights laws at their best!

News Comments > SCUM Announced
2. Re: SCUM Announced Aug 18, 2016, 06:24 Grumpy Sod

Is SCUM still a trademark of anyone regarding the old point and click engine? It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the article.  

News Comments > Rayman Origins for Free
4. Re: Rayman Origins for Free Aug 18, 2016, 06:17 Grumpy Sod

ViRGE wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 01:17:
Good game. Anyone who doesn't already own it should get it for free now and give it a go.

Indeed. Origins and Legends are both amazing examples of the genre and honed to near perfection (and in the case of Origins, hair tearing precision difficulty). Legends is also the only game I can say with absolute conviction was superior on Wii U.

News Comments > Planet Coaster in Q4
2. Re: Planet Coaster in Q4 Jul 27, 2016, 07:34 Grumpy Sod

I read an interview and article about how they involved professional park designers to understand all the psychological tricks they use in park design. Was a great read with some really quirky human behaviours being revealed.

Really looking forward to this too.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 07:40 Grumpy Sod

Thankfully here in the UK we have a long history of not legally recognising patents in the style of "take x and make it on a computer and that's totally different and new compared to x". I can't see this going far.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
30. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 03:48 Grumpy Sod

The Raven wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 18:44:
Every snowflake is unique. That doesn't mean you won't bore people with an art gallery filled with snowflakes.

I'll definitely be stealing this quote

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Adding Matchmaking & Competitive Mode
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Adding Matchmaking & Competitive Mode Jul 7, 2016, 06:23 Grumpy Sod

Here's the overwatch, err, overview

Top marks

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released
10. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 03:51 Grumpy Sod

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 21:59:
Is SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE going to be next?

If it were a famous battle cry from the lore like "Blood for the Blood God!" is

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
16. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 6, 2016, 09:48 Grumpy Sod

It's not just Finland. We have 200Mb capless fiber here in the UK for 21 a month. And my ping to US servers for games is around 100ms. And if you 'only' want 100Mb it's 13 a month.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 31, 2016, 08:00 Grumpy Sod

I noticed earlier how openly scummy they are about their age old despised ways of cookie use. I got this message today instead of the more standard 'we use cookies' warning:

"By clicking or navigating the site, you agree to allow our collection of information on and off Facebook through cookies."

Nice

This comment was edited on May 31, 2016, 09:40.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 24, 2016, 08:16 Grumpy Sod

It's sat taunting me on my desk here at work, will be firing it up when I get home.  

158 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo