Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6963 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
6. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 5, 2016, 23:07 Dev

So where the frack is all the extra content that was promised for the season pass content? The content that was supposed to be above and beyond?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2016, 15:39 Dev

Best wishes blue! Sucks that you have it, but glad it's figured out now.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 24, 2016, 00:04 Dev

And just a few others  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 10:14 Dev

None of the things mentioned talk about what the reviewers talk about.
Here's a great review summing things up:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mega_man_trigger/recommended/314710/

For instance, poor level design (including infinite air dashes that allow you to cross any gap), not taking into account any of the comments or bug reports from the beta, not faithful to megaman spirit. Adds the known failed score counter that was dropped after first classic megaman game
And none of this mentions the very poor community manager nepotism hire that screwed up things, and appears to have filtered the input to the dev team to only things they wanted to hear. They were let go only after beta period ended.

One of the other reviews says it doesn't show you new things by example like previous megaman, but instead does a freeze screen then makes you press the key.

I've not played it more than a couple minutes, haven't had time, but the steam score of under 50% is kinda disappointing, especially since I backed this KS.

The review I linked also mentions 20xx in contrast (such as better done, much less time, better community involvement) which looks pretty cool as a megaman inspired game, definitely on my steam wishlist.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 2
1. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 2 Jun 17, 2016, 12:50 Dev

LOL headlines are all over the map  

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
40. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 15:23 Dev

Ok fine, since all the cool kids are doing it

It would take you...

15266 continuous hours

1 year,271 days,2 hours,57 minutes

of gameplay to complete your Steam library

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
27. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:47 Dev

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:55:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:45:
Oh boy! More games to add to my library that I might never play!
How much gametime do you have left to beat every game in your Steam library, steamleft.com
Not going there. Out of my 1500 games I probably have only completed a couple hundred. I imagine it would be lifetimes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 00:04 Dev

Awesome news Blue, glad you don't have it!  

News Comments > Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
8. Re: Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Jun 14, 2016, 01:29 Dev

Ant wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 00:26:
Great game, and unexpected to be free. Sequels weren't that good though.
I agree that the first (PoP:SoT) of the "new" remakes was the best.
A lot of interesting bits in trailers that never made it to game too.
The story in sands of time was riveting to me.

News Comments > Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend
16. Re: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend Jun 10, 2016, 20:42 Dev

Make sure you read the official post in forums on how to download the actual DC version. Otherwise you will get the non DC version.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/350533172688689264/

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2016, 13:15.

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
19. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 22:09 Dev

ldonyo wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:15:
Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:49:
Is that all the badges, stuff they are going to offer during the sale? I've done everything and started checkin, I'm at 3000 XP, and it will top out at like 4000 XP by completing the check in stuff. Not enough to earn even the first earnable free game at 5k. I see purchasing gives lots of XP, so is this more of a "buy stuff to get XP and get a bonus game or two along the way" type sale?
Glad system shock 2 was free without doing anything though.
You get 1000 points for installing the Galaxy client, as well as points for all the badges and check-ins.
Yeah I've already done all that. I'm saying I did all those things and I'm at about 3000.

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
13. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 09:49 Dev

Is that all the badges, stuff they are going to offer during the sale? I've done everything and started checkin, I'm at 3000 XP, and it will top out at like 4000 XP by completing the check in stuff. Not enough to earn even the first earnable free game at 5k. I see purchasing gives lots of XP, so is this more of a "buy stuff to get XP and get a bonus game or two along the way" type sale?
Glad system shock 2 was free without doing anything though.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 8, 2016, 23:11 Dev

descender wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 10:17:
I actually haven't seen any verified stories of people getting hacked with 2FA on, just lots of "i heard about a guy" posts.

People just don't like to admit that they were wrong to reuse passwords and when confronted with it they will deny it until they are blue in the face.
Several posting in the reddit thread, wasn't "heard about a guy". But still not verified, since TV hasn't received any logs from such people (or is denying it).

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2016, 09:48 Dev

Protip:
DO NOT EVER IGNORE A LEGAL SUMMONS
It typically means that you get a default judgment, which is usually how weird/insane/crazy/stupid things like this happen.
(IANAL)

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 8, 2016, 09:44 Dev

descender wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 10:34:
TV didn't get hacked (facts do exist). It was a malware package that was sniffing passwords from other websites and leaked lists, and trying to use them to log in to TV accounts.
Yes that's the official story.
But there's a lot of reports of this, including from people who claim to have unique passwords and 2FA on. Either there's a lot of liars, or there's something deeper going on.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 09:42 Dev

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 09:32:
Fallout 4 OT but I wish I could play more of the game. I am one of the few who cannot play this game for any great amount of time without getting a 'blink and you miss it' crash to desktop without any crash report or error message even when playing with all mods turned off, lowering my settings, and trying the beta 1.5 patch which allegedly improves stability and performance. My GPU and CPU are well within heat tolerance and every other game I play works fine.

It's a total bummer too now that some neat mods are making their way on to Nexus and I would have liked to buy Fah Hahbah when the price drops but looks like it might have to wait until I do a complete rebuild in the fall.
Have you run a memory (RAM) scanner? You might have some bum memory that doesn't screw things up enough to stop other games.

News Comments > Allison Road Cancelled
9. Re: Allison Road Cancelled Jun 7, 2016, 08:52 Dev

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 11:18:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 05:07:
Dev wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 01:37:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 23:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 17:36:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 12:41:
Are they going to reinstate the kickstarter now?

What they asked in the KS wouldn't have financed a game like the one they pitched anyway... and apparently neither can the money Team17 wanted to invest.
They got 145,000 toward their 250,000 goal, so it seems KS would have financed it.
Unless it was one of those "we aren't telling you, but the goal is really only high enough to get a vertical slice done to show to a publisher to get complete funding"
I've had a KS I backed, canceled years after funding because of that. They didn't say that up front or I would not have backed it.

Was Christ Roberts envolved?

Or Tim Schafer?
LOL, no neither. Don't recall which one. OH! Maybe it was that sword one? That got endorsed by Gabe Newell? The one by the famous cyberpunk author?
Or another one, I'm in a few KS (some not as famous) that were canceled.
The latest canceled one I backed was the space picture one (arkyd or some such), but at least they refunded 100% of the money, which was awesome of them to do.

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 7, 2016, 08:45 Dev

Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 07:57:
Teamviewer is sorry that it got hacked and blamed its customers.
Apparently, they aren't bothering to compare hashes of leaked passwords to it's stored hashes to see if things match which is confirmation of creds leak (like facebook and other companies are doing, and if they match they force a reset).
They also ASSUME if your email is on the haveibeenpwned list that your creds are leaked (i.e. assume you share passwords between all sites), and on every report they've received of hacking they've found the email out there, so they've assumed and not done further investigating. They also claimed they've received ZERO logs from anyone who has 2FA enabled and gotten hacked.

I think they are being negligent at the very least.
Some details here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4m7ay6/teamviewer_has_been_hacked_they_are_denying

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 6, 2016, 01:43 Dev

Quboid wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 20:00:
Dev wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:45:
Yeah and you know what? Those are still all part of the average PC gaming systems. I'd include the 17% or so that have intel integrated in that crappy specs portion. Or maybe they only play casual mobile phone ports that steam seems to have too many of nowadays. Still part of that average.

But that's not the hardware specifications of people who actually buy games, which is who developers should be targeting.

Instead of just saying X people own a Geforce 980, Steam should say X people own a 980, Y thousand hours have been played on a 980, each owner buys an average of Z titles.

This would weed out little Timmy's grandma's aging PC that he used that one weekend he was dragged out there. 1 game for 4 hours on some ancient card wouldn't carry much weight while someone who has spent thousands of hours on dozens of games - i.e. most of us here - would count for a lot more.

Basically, weight the averages based on how much money can potentially be extracted. Perhaps this information is available to developers, I've no idea what analytics they have access to.
Why would they need to do that though? Maybe Timmy would buy a copy anyway even if he only played once. And the most common graphics card according to the survey is a NVidia 970 (admittedly only at 5% but higher than any other single card). So they should already be targeting that at a minimum (with options to turn down detail to run on lower end stuff), as long as the game is graphics intensive. If it's not, and the gameplay is more important, such as kerbal or prison architect, etc, then they don't need to think about the graphics category much at all.

While I have no doubt steam is capable of the demographics that you said (assuming they are willing to wheel their desks away from the TF2 hat simulator long enough), I doubt they would provide them to the devs.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

News Comments > Allison Road Cancelled
5. Re: Allison Road Cancelled Jun 6, 2016, 01:37 Dev

Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 23:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 17:36:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 12:41:
Are they going to reinstate the kickstarter now?

What they asked in the KS wouldn't have financed a game like the one they pitched anyway... and apparently neither can the money Team17 wanted to invest.
They got 145,000 toward their 250,000 goal, so it seems KS would have financed it.
Unless it was one of those "we aren't telling you, but the goal is really only high enough to get a vertical slice done to show to a publisher to get complete funding"
I've had a KS I backed, canceled years after funding because of that. They didn't say that up front or I would not have backed it.

6963 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo