Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7161 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2018, 15:02 Dev

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 13:39:
Hunt Showdown i shall get later when there is more content...Looks good though...
And when it actually lets you play, once they fix up initial bugs. Rating is a pretty horrible mixed 66% because they had to put a cap on player numbers, since their servers are so buggy they couldn't handle the load from the first week sales numbers. If crytek doesn't fix that crap up ASAP, it will fix itself... by all the players abandoning it in early access, and giving it bad ratings. Basically anyone who actually GETS to play rates it positive, so sounds like it's a good game underneath. Although apparently the official recommendation for people who want to play with friends, is play random and hope you get your friend in your game, hahahahaha.
Also showing another hazard of not letting players host servers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Controlling Star Control
3. Re: More on Controlling Star Control Feb 24, 2018, 14:59 Dev

Timeline per the Q&A seems to be that the two guys started filing DMCA claims against Stardock, to not only stop distribution of SC1 and SC2, but also some DMCA against SC3. Then stardock had to respond with a lawsuit (presumably so a court could rule on who actually owned what). Then the two guys counter sued.

Also it's interesting that stardock spent a while developing the game and suddenly after decades the two guys suddenly decided to announce another SC game. Why couldn't they have done another SC years ago?

There's plenty of room for 2 SC type games in the market and I would have bought both of them. It's unfortunate it went this way.

News Comments > Star Control Countersuit
2. Re: Star Control Countersuit Feb 22, 2018, 23:41 Dev

Dunno why these two guys started all this. Stardock was carefully staying away from the aliens and story of the first 2 games. Like it's been dormant for what, a decade or two now, couldn't they have talked it out?

I admired the duo before, they released open source for Ur Quan Masters, and didn't stop that from going forward. And I love star control 2. I was thinking it was cool we'd get two star control type games, I'd buy them both. Now, who knows.

News Comments > Fable Fortune Launches
1. Re: Fable Fortune Launches Feb 22, 2018, 23:39 Dev

Fable, the lootbox card game?  

News Comments > Humble Offers Freebies
4. Re: Humble Offers Freebies Feb 17, 2018, 14:28 Dev

I just double checked. To clarify, these 7 are free for everyone including non subscribers until March 2nd. So blue's story is accurate, "free for all"

Only subscribers get the full set of 40+ in the trove.

Basically this is a "first taste is free" kinda thing.

Since they are DRM free downloads, you can keep them forever.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 17, 2018, 13:46 Dev

Comments I saw on the FB SMS story on other sites blamed the users for setting phone number in FB wrong. Turns out commenters were all idiots who as usual assume there's nothing that exists that's outside of their own life experiences.  

News Comments > Humble Offers Freebies
2. Re: Humble Offers Freebies Feb 17, 2018, 13:37 Dev

This is part of their "Trove" program. As best I can tell, they are also offering another 40 or so titles in that that aren't time limited.

None are steam, all just direct DRM free downloads. So one could get 1 month of humble, then keep all the free downloads. Pay $12 for the headliner title (last month was Civ 6, previously there was xcom 2 one month) and get another 40 ish free

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Trine, Overlord games, torchlight games, limbo, shadowrun returns, ai war collection, bionic dues, volgarr, shelter are the ones that stood out to me.

Blue,
May want to update the story to mention the other 40 games in the trove, perhaps include this quote from the story you linked :)

" Active Humble Monthly subscribers get ongoing access to the full Humble Trove of over forty DRM-free titles, including our Humble Originals."

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2018, 14:28.

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
12. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 16, 2018, 08:49 Dev

Only took about 10 years for someone to wheel their desk to the wishlist corner and improve it. Now it's actually useful... in some ways with the filters and sorting.

WARNING! Be careful doing what I did! Don't sort to review score and go remove all the bottom reviewed titles! Review score does NOT reflect the game's score as a whole. I think it's only recent scores. On obscure indie games this gives the impression some have never been reviewed, if you visit the steam page, they actually have been reviewed, just nothing recently.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse-Cloverfield Feb 7, 2018, 09:30 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 15:47:
Also watched the first two episodes of Altered Carbon. Great stuff.
I binge watched it. I enjoyed it, haven't read the books, though I will. Lots of deep moments and I like how there's a lot of explorations into societal and moral implications of the stacks.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
26. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 23:13 Dev

Gabe isn't going to sell to MS. He loves his employees too much for that. Wheeled desks & flat management would go away if they sold.

wtf_man wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 19:37:
Steam however, I will drop in a heartbeat if MS buys them. (Which is fairly feasible for me since I've converted a majority of my game library to GOG... and would remain offline mode forever for the Steam games that I already purchased)
Doesn't work like that. It has to check in on occasion. I don't recall the details, but it wouldn't stay offline forever and let you play.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2018, 23:28 Dev

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 18:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:22:
SlimRam wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:23:
Prez wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:05:
SlimRam wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 10:44:
This is a bit misleading.

They still need 1 more Repub senate vote to pass this, THEN they need the same bill to pass the House, THEN they have to get the Prez to sign it.... sooooooooo, yeah.

Don't worry about me - I'd sign it in a heartbeat.
HEHEHE! Dude, if you were the president I imagine a lot more of us would be happy right now
If Prez were president, everyone would get a free game for voting on election day!

Prez/Snuggle Truck 2020

I'd vote and donate to that campaign

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit
16. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit Jan 8, 2018, 09:07 Dev

I'm wondering if they are just wanting a piece of the many millions CIG has brought in. Jokes on them, pretty sure that money has already been spent, lol.  

News Comments > Fortnite Meltdown Fix Breaks Things
4. Re: Fortnite Meltdown Fix Breaks Things Jan 7, 2018, 15:57 Dev

Intel only for meltdown, but all manufactures are affected by the spectre one, including AMD.  

32. Re: Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 1, 2018, 02:56 Dev

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 13:38:
PUBG is driven entirely by hype. I'll be happy when it falls off the list. No EARLY ACCESS / CROWDFUNDED / UNFINISHED title should have those kinds of numbers; especially above proven titles like GTA5, CS:GO, DS3, W3, and ACO.

Was that sarcasm? If not, it's just hit 1.0 and isn't early access anymore.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
40. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 23, 2017, 02:44 Dev

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 14:20:
By the way: Kudos to Valve (if it is somehow something they did and not just due to a lack of interest in the sale): This is the first Steam sale ever in the history of Steam sales without massive errors, 404s, slowdowns, database hiccups and all that shit that usually goes along with Steam getting hammered.

The only minor issue I had was, when you click on 'specials', and tried to go through the list, it would sometimes not populate the list correctly when clicking on the 'next' (page) button. It turned up a blank page for some reason.

But other than that it was pretty smooth sailing. Maybe a little slower than usual but much, much, much better than previous sales. Maybe it's also the lack of a retarded gimmicky mini game this year. If so please keep the sales game-gimmick-free. It's pretty nice when you can actually use the fucking client in the first place.
Yeah maybe they finally added the servers that the projections said they needed. Or wait... someone wheeled a desk over to server ordering corner.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 17, 2017, 22:18 Dev

So how are those comics awesome? Don't see it.

Also, the extra and hidden charges are going to get worse, with the rollback of the rules of disclosing all that... because it's too "onerous" for the ISPs.

News Comments > Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support
14. Re: Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support Dec 17, 2017, 22:14 Dev

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 11:49:
Sounds like marketing speak for microtransactions to me.

Well yeah... they already put in single use DLC for single player games into I think it was the previous deus ex. Like literally you open the box and it's in that save game and no where else, and that's for single player.

News Comments > The Amazing Eternals on Hold
2. Re: The Amazing Eternals on Hold Oct 26, 2017, 21:55 Dev

Market has been saturated with card buying games for years, unless your name was Blizzard.

However, these kinda games are going gangbusters on mobile.

News Comments > HITMAN - GOTY Edition Next Month
3. Re: HITMAN - GOTY Edition Next Month Oct 25, 2017, 09:50 Dev

aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 09:24:
Who voted it game of the year !? ?

I don't remember seeing that before......
Nowadays no need for that, lots of companies self label.

However, it was a great game, so I suspect someone did.

Also this is one of the few successes I've seen with episodic release, and it was actually completed. (yeah, looking at you valve)

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 24, 2017, 08:57 Dev

Lowest I've seen steam link in the Icey bundle, so picked it up.  

7161 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo