Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7098 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
18. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 00:11 Dev

Retired wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 22:29:
Coincidence? Card was used across town at a gas station, still have card and I am realy good at checking for skimming machines. An employee somewhere must have done it. Or thanks equifax.

The ones outside? Because nowadays the sophisticated crooks are going for inserts that you can't detect that slide into the slot on inside.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
11. Re: Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today Sep 6, 2017, 22:49 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 20:50:
I dunno, watching vids if this game, I felt it was kind of generic looking and not fun. Was surprised this came from the Chivalry guys.
Apparently you aren't alone, what with that just about 50% steam rating.

Free is free though. I grabbed it. Dunno if I'll ever play it but I have it.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
8. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Sep 4, 2017, 19:48 Dev

Wow that's an awesome clip  

News Comments > Labor Day Mobilization
1. Re: Labor Day Mobilization Sep 4, 2017, 14:23 Dev

... Make appleade?  

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Postmortem
3. Re: Black Isle Studios Postmortem Sep 4, 2017, 00:47 Dev

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 00:01:
I loved Black Isle's games back in the golden age of pc gaming. I really miss those days.
Yeah, I do too

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 21:52 Dev

Saboth wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 21:11:
Dev wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 20:26:
Saboth wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:27:
I bought XCom 2 last year, but didn't install it until a few weeks ago. Played it for about 5 hours then uninstalled it. Didn't like the timed missions, and didn't like the overall countdown to the dark events that weaken you with negatives over time.
Less timed missions in this expansion, as well as more options to reduce the avatar counter.

Also, right from the menu when you click start new game you can click to double the timer on the advent/dark events, and double the mission timer length. It still lets you get the achievements too.

The mission timer is also easily editable in the ini files if that's not enough. But I've found doubling it gives plenty of time, instead of feeling super tight, so I can take my time advancing tactically and covering fire, etc.

So if those were the only issues, click two options in the start game menu and bang that's done.

Think I'll reinstall and give it another shot, checking those options. I'm not saying I couldn't hack it, it just reduced my enjoyment by feeling under pressure all of the time. Thanks for the tips.
These options were under, "New Game", then on the difficulty picking screen click "Toggle Advanced Options View". The two at the bottom are the timer ones
(this is for WotC version, though I think the base game had something similar if I recall right)

Also, in general for anyone reading this if they have this issue: Apparently this is a common thing, to not be able to figure out how to launch WotC (a lot of negative reviews relating to this lol). When the launcher comes up before the game starts, click the WotC button on bottom of launcher.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 20:26 Dev

Saboth wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:27:
I bought XCom 2 last year, but didn't install it until a few weeks ago. Played it for about 5 hours then uninstalled it. Didn't like the timed missions, and didn't like the overall countdown to the dark events that weaken you with negatives over time.
Less timed missions in this expansion, as well as more options to reduce the avatar counter.

Also, right from the menu when you click start new game you can click to double the timer on the advent/dark events, and double the mission timer length. It still lets you get the achievements too.

The mission timer is also easily editable in the ini files if that's not enough. But I've found doubling it gives plenty of time, instead of feeling super tight, so I can take my time advancing tactically and covering fire, etc.

So if those were the only issues, click two options in the start game menu and bang that's done.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month
19. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 3, 2017, 20:21 Dev

MeanJim wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 18:44:
Does this mean that Windows is going to re-enable all of the "features" I disabled to make it less annoying to use? Does mean everyone that knows me is going to be calling (again) after this update wondering why shit changed? It happened with the Anniversary Update, but I had installed that before it was forced out. I skipped on updating early, so I don't know what changes will be visible. There are some under the hood changes I know are coming and I'm looking forward to those, but it's the stuff you see (UI, etc.) that I'm dreading. It feels like I just got everything the way I want it.

Well keep in mind MS wants you to do a system upgrade twice a year like the anniversary update, creators update, etc. So yeah, I'd bet everyone of those twice annual upgrades are a good chance for MS to screw the settings around.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2017, 14:19 Dev

Huge surprise at number 1! lol

I've been having a lot of fun playing xcom2 WotC.
If anyone mods, here's a nice list of mods compatible with the game
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/6wrkgz/wotc_compatible_mods_master_list_please_submit/

Haven't seen if this AMA was posted, but it's a fun read
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6wkiqj/were_the_developers_of_xcom_2_war_of_the_chosen/

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2017, 15:46 Dev

Hoop wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 15:38:
Sally could'nt understand the sudden deluge of energy drink & battery company promotions filling her inbox.
Actually, that's possible what with the leaks of personal info from HBO and actors in that hack.

But since HBO has accidentally let an episode go early before, it's likely that's all it was.

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
15. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 16, 2017, 00:01 Dev

Task wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:55:
Probably off topic, but since the SC Remaster was released yesterday I was looking around my older hard drive and realized I still have the original SC patched to 1.16.1 on it. And what do you know, I was digging around and found the discs on my shelf too.
Thanks for reminder, installing my pre-order now.
And I still have disks too... original legit retail disks SC and expansion, diablo 1/2 etc.

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released
6. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released Aug 15, 2017, 23:54 Dev

13 positive reviews, no negative ones seems objective to me. I'm not going to pay that much for this, but some are.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2017, 15:40 Dev

Probably from the generator that was presumably used. Mfers probably didn't have it ducted properly to exhaust out. Probably just scratch built the stuff in a trailer with a random minimum wage dude who didn't know anything about it.

(couldn't get video to play, skimmed article)

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2017, 03:03 Dev

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 20:22:
That's why i use incognito mode.
You realize that that only protects on the client side? Server side google can still track you and your IP

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2017, 22:20 Dev

MeanJim wrote on Jul 12, 2017, 20:17:
I've had my share of annoyances with Win10, but I haven't experienced any of those problems.
Does your workflow include what he describes? Such as 3 screens including one from a laptop, and hiding taskbars?

MS is pretty terrible at testing their crap, especially when it's not default. Like I've tried the whole accessibility thing with having stuff at 125% and it's terrible. MS's own products don't comply with that setting and frequently have screwed up dialog boxes.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
45. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 12, 2017, 01:16 Dev

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 20:27:
but I'd have thought a smartphone would probably be too low power so the worst thing would be the lights in the house go out as the fuse shorts out and the phone dies but not the person.
Yep anything electrical basically that's plugged into wall..
That's the point of the EFI circuits, to have a circuit breaker that trips earlier to save your life.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 00:12 Dev

Saboth wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 22:34:
I wonder if once this Etherium thing crashes and burns if the markets will be flooded with used high-end video cards for cheap. I can't imagine these people would want to sit on 5, 10, 20 video cards once they are making a $1 a day. Better to sell the cards and get some of their money back, than wait until a year or two when the cards are selling for 1/2 of what they paid.
That's what the article speculates.
If so, I look forward to it.

News Comments > Project Space Sector Renamed; Preorders Soon
7. Re: Project Space Sector Renamed; Preorders Soon Jul 4, 2017, 09:57 Dev

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 2, 2017, 23:29:
"Random tech trees"? Pass.
Even the great MOO2 offered that as an option

News Comments > More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success
10. Re: More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success Jun 26, 2017, 02:24 Dev

Overon wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 14:21:
Get ready for a shitload of clones in this new sub genre.
I thought there already was lots of lesser clones of this kinda game?

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 24, 2017, 00:29 Dev

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 21:41:
Snagged Jalopy too but refunded it after 90 mins. It's not bad, but it's way too minimalist for my taste and doesn't seem like there's really much of anything to do.
I have a friend who went nuts into My Summer Car when I gave it to him for Christmas. Might be worth checking out if you are into that category.

7098 Comments. 355 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo