Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7172 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
17. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 29, 2018, 20:54 Dev

Rigs wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 16:13:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 13:09:
Yup, bought this 1.5 years after release and really enjoyed it for 100 hours. Planet exploration and taking pics of all the weird creatures was really fun.

@Rigs, what mods you using?

Quite a few, actually. All the main ones from nomansskymods.com right after the last major update, 1.34, I grabbed. I see that there's been quite a few big mods released since then that overhaul almost everything about the game that I didn't even know about until I just looked again! One called the 'Darconia 2018' overhaul looks pretty substantial but doesn't allow the use of other mods with it. So far, some that I've got...

-Better Atmospheric Clouds
-Chromatic-Aberration-Vignetting-Scan-Lines-Removal
-Crescent Worlds
-E3-SHIP-HUD-Original-E3-Trailer-Ship-HUD
-Fast-Actions (a must!)
-Faster-Movement
-No-glowing-light-around-planet
-Realistic-Plant-and-Tree-Sizes
-Rotating Atmospheric Shader for Atlas Rises
-Clean Skies
-DEEP SPACE
-Reduced Launch Cost
-Ringed Planets 1.1 and Rotating clouds shader

Many can be found together in #RaYRoD's Community Mod...

This is just a few but I haven't checked in on the mod scene in a while since I was only playing here and there in-between other games. I see now that they've released a lot since I was last there. With these mods and the updates, NMS seems like the game that HG meant to make and it's well worth the money, IMO. Like I said, I can't wait to see what they release next!

I even have my Level 4 ATLAS pass (not mine in picture but it looks similar with designation 'AWK') that they sent me, finally, framed and on my wall! Took them a few months but I got it. It was a gift for the first 10,000 people that participated in the ARG last summer. It's no bigger than a business card and I didn't think I got one since it took so long to get to me but nearly six months later, there it was in the mail! I wonder if they'll continue the 'Walking Titan' ARG from before for the new stuff?

=-Rigs-=
Nice, thanks for the list of No Man's Sky Mods!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LEGO The Incredibles Announced
1. Re: LEGO The Incredibles Announced Mar 29, 2018, 01:01 Dev

I'm interested  

News Comments > PUBG Free Weapon Skin
7. Re: PUBG Free Weapon Skin Mar 27, 2018, 20:59 Dev

Rhett wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 14:28:
I just tried the test server last night with the weapon skins... they're all atrocious. All of them. Especially the neon orange Nerf gun looking ones. Clearly just put in to make more of that disgusting skin money.
They need to get inspired from what valve does in CS GO skins. Because they make bank there. Valve even does custom skins for tournys and winners. And I've seen some pretty cool ones

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2018, 03:21 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 23:16:
Question for folks. I have a wifi router, and control my daughter's laptop connectivity by setting the MAC address to a specific schedule, no wifi after 10PM, for example. However, the wifi was weak in part of the house so I set up a repeater.

Suddenly I noticed her laptop not adhering to the schedule, and discovered that the repeater reports an entirely different MAC address for the laptop. Why is that?
Check the MAC of the repeater, I'm thinking that might be it, like the repeater is reporting itself or something.

Also keep in mind that the MAC of a wired connection is different than a wireless. So if she is directly plugging in a wired connection, new MAC.
All all these MACs to the schedule

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2018, 03:13 Dev

That facebook thing is a laugh. Anyone with half a brain knows they do this all the time and sell it all the time. If someone thinks FB doesn't gather and sell this stuff on them, they are an idiot.

FB only got in a twit because they weren't paid for all the data that was taken, it was harvested through an app instead. All presidential campaigns did things like this for the last few elections on both sides, I remember there was lots of news about how Obama campaign was tracking people and sending messages down to the "your neighbor hasn't voted in 3 years, go visit him and ask him to vote" level of creepy. Hillary and Trump did deep data harvesting as well on their campaigns.

There was no hack, people clicked I ACCEPT, to give the app data on them and their friends, and it happens all the time for all sorts of apps.

The lawsuits won't go anywhere against FB since people let them collect this data, and except for the completely douchieness of CA, probably wouldn't go anywhere there either. But since they lied to FB about deleting (possible contract violation), and the head spouted off on video showing how douchy he is, it might end up going somewhere against CA.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
4. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 26, 2018, 03:03 Dev

Anyone taking bets on how many of those 6 DLC are going to be an extra cost?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 26, 2018, 02:49 Dev

Not going to happen, never going to get a windows 10 version like that. MS likes to talk a bit talk about rededicating themselves to PC gamers, but it doesn't usually mean anything good, neutral at best.

Like mod support on windows store? That's an anathema to the way these people think.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2018, 13:52 Dev

And that steam revenue estimate doesn't include DLC or microtransactions. I bet it's more like $5B, or $6B.

And $600 million of it (per the article) alone is from pubg.
Though that is a sketchy number, it has indeed sold 30 million PC through steam, but it's only $15 in china, which is where a large number have sold.

News Comments > EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O
19. Re: EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O Mar 24, 2018, 13:46 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 17:41:
Dev wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 06:31:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 01:45:
maddog wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 00:08:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 18:57:
Very cool. I've been looking for a BF2 AIX replacement for a decade. This shows promise.

I made navmeshes for some of the maps in the AIX mod (bot name pc_load_letter). Glad to see people are still playing and enjoying the mod.

Was sad that the team broke up shortly after the release.

AIX is the best non-scripted single player experience I've had. I love it and have been looking for a replacement for a decade.

If I've never heard of this, where can I find info, and will it work with my old steam version of BF2?

Hey Dev, AIX 2.0 is at moddb. I'm using it with the Steam version of BF2.
Thanks!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 24, 2018, 13:45 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 17:35:
Right, at the very least the AI should have slammed on the brakes even if it ended up running into her. A person can survive getting hit at 15MPH, but 39MPH is unlikely. There's a major issue that needs to be addressed.

The interesting thing will be to find out whether Uber was aware of it before this woman was killed.
Exactly, it should have at least tried, it should have activated the brakes at some point.
But noooo, if I'm saying this I'm saying "conspiracy theories" according to another poster in this thread.

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
1. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 24, 2018, 13:42 Dev

I'd go for it... if it didn't suck and wasn't too money grabbing.
Then again, this is EA we are talking about

News Comments > More Star Control Follow-up
2. Re: More Star Control Follow-up Mar 23, 2018, 21:47 Dev

Blue,
I think your cert is expiring today.

Seems like a very fair and equitable offer, definitely not one sided. And Stardock probably would have been open to negotiating it too, instead of taking it straight to lawyers.

fawker wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 18:46:
If you don't have the original characters in the game, it's not star control.
Sure it is. Stardock said they would have things occur in a different area of the universe, with new aliens, and none of the original out of respect to Paul & Fred (and possibly legal reasons).

I se three possible outcomes:
1) It wouldn't surprise me if P&F entirely lost all rights if they don't have everything perfectly documented to support the claims they are coming up with (which is unlikely given the stickiness of this IP rights), and in that case they will be left with nothing and I doubt stardock will be willing to let them do anything after this debacle. That would suck, I'd rather see and buy two star control type games.
2) Stardock loses everything... but then P&F fail to produce anything for another decade or ever, because they are soured on all of this from the legal dispute, I mean look at their track record of letting this sit idle.
3) Status quo, both sides have something, and end up where they already are... and worse for the wear because of expenses and other things. I still suspect P&F wouldn't release anything.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 23, 2018, 13:46 Dev

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 12:03:
Yeah, the original footage doesn't jibe with what those other guys were showing. As some people have stated a lot of people seem to believe Uber has been rigging the cameras like this precisely for this very reason. And given their track record of what a horrendous company they are I tend to agree. Cops on the take here too?

I saw a comment that the blacks in the video were unnaturally black when checked in photoshop, food for thought.
Also, the lidar and other sensors should have seen this person before visible light. (unless they are skimping on sensors?)
Sure, maybe the car couldn't have stopped before hitting person... but at the speed it was going, dropping 10 mph would have improved survivability an enormous amount (I forget the number, but it would have changed from most likely fatal to most likely survivable). Also, what about swerving to avoid?

Something sketchy about all this.

News Comments > EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O
12. Re: EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O Mar 23, 2018, 06:31 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 01:45:
maddog wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 00:08:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 18:57:
Very cool. I've been looking for a BF2 AIX replacement for a decade. This shows promise.

I made navmeshes for some of the maps in the AIX mod (bot name pc_load_letter). Glad to see people are still playing and enjoying the mod.

Was sad that the team broke up shortly after the release.

AIX is the best non-scripted single player experience I've had. I love it and have been looking for a replacement for a decade.

If I've never heard of this, where can I find info, and will it work with my old steam version of BF2?

News Comments > Star Control Wars
5. Re: Star Control Wars Mar 23, 2018, 00:27 Dev

P&F should have never initiated the legal route. The IP for this is complicated (part of why no one tried to use it before). They could have both had popular star control games, and I certainly would have bought both.

Stardock has like a year or more of development and other costs already in this, they aren't going to give it up, but they were willing to let them use the original aliens and not touch that universe.

F&P have what, an announcement? As much as I love the original SC2, I really think they started a crapstorm that's not going to end happy for anyone.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 20, 2018, 08:56 Dev

theglaze wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 02:28:
...when a female walking outside of the crosswalk crossed the road from west to east...

So a human was behaving irrationally, and the driving algorithms failed to anticipate and proactively avoid the collision?

IMO, that's how most accidents happen with human drivers...

But as they say in the article, this is THE test case for car driving software that everyone works on and tests, and there's multiple sensors etc, that should have detected even if she was wearing black, not in headlight area, and a human driver wouldn't have seen.

That being said, look up from your phones once in a while people and use the crosswalk!

News Comments > LEGO The Incredibles Revealed
2. Re: LEGO The Incredibles Revealed Mar 19, 2018, 12:09 Dev

I'd buy it, I love the lego games  

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
1. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 10:16 Dev

4.6 megapixel vs 3.5 megapixel, and better sound for what, twice the current price of the non pro once you add in all the extras needed?

And no, I'm not looking to pay monthly for anything.

Doesn't sound like an amazing thing

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 18, 2018, 22:37 Dev

dubfanatic wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 20:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:53:
Who the hell is still buying PUBG at this point, or is it all banned people getting new accounts?

Could be. The daily max CCUs have been on a downtrend since January. More people are getting fed up with Bunghole's constant screw-ups, terrible PR and inability to control cheaters than are picking the game up now. They're going to have to turn it around fast before an experienced dev house drinks their milkshake.

They did implement the server ping grouping thing, so hopefully that will help control the Chinese being most of the people on the US servers

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 18, 2018, 15:46 Dev

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 13:01:
PUBG no.1 for a year now me thinks?
March 23rd 2017 for early access release looks like, and Feb 27 2017 for closed beta

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements?p=13

So one more week for a year of pubg. Not sure how long it's been top of sales list, but it's been close to that I believe. I know once it hit there it's never gone down.
I believe it is at least 30 million sales on PC (I think all were through steam)

Not exactly a flash in the pan. Even the other big boys like skyrim/fallout etc usually fall off the top spot and only re-hit it when there's sales.

7172 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo