Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6963 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 16, 2016, 09:21 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 04:07:
Further proof why Bitcoin is not a currency alternative
What, that people who choose easy to crack passwords found in online password dictionaries (instead of the recommended random 64 bit keys) are getting cracked?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 14, 2016, 20:43 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 14:12:
Picasa desktop app (The thing most people who used this used apparently) will continue to work just fine though
I went ahead and downloaded the current version, so I'll have it if I want to use it

News Comments > Hitman Beta FAQ/Trailer
8. Re: Hitman Beta FAQ/Trailer Feb 9, 2016, 09:11 Dev

Episodic just means I will likely wait until they are finished with all the episodes. Which also means it will probably be on sale too.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2016, 08:55 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 07:53:
Rhialto wrote on Feb 8, 2016, 22:27:
VLC fixes more than 100 important bugs and security issues reported on VLC 2.2.1
Must be close to perfection now, no?

Or just use MPC-HC...
I use both the above, and also a third option, the last version of VLC 1.x
(VLC 2 had a bunch of changes I didn't like and was much more CPU intensive)

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 8, 2016, 01:38 Dev

DangerDog wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 17:19:
I was under the impression that you could only "delay" updates on Enterprise and Pro versions but not turn it off completely.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10
See the chart for info.

Both pro and enterprise let you choose the CBB branch and can defer something like 4-12 months.
Enterprise has a special additional branch you can choose. Branches for enterprise include the Current Branch for Business(CBB) "Business ready" or the Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) "Mission critical"
The first lets you defer for some months, the second you can defer forever.
The normal consumer pro windows 10 version, updates are MANDATORY and can NOT be deferred unless you have the special CBB branch.
Windows 10 Home has no such branch and all updates are mandatory.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
10. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 16:31 Dev

Some people are saying it's hard, some saying not so hard. I'm guessing it comes down to difficulty and xcom experience.

Pigeon wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 15:37:
I've played the training mission, I guess they want you to get used to soldiers dying as you're forced to get two killed. It runs a bit slow on the highest settings for me, but I'm still playing long war, so maybe by the time I'm done with that they'll be some drivers/patches that smooth things out a bit.
In xcom 1 training mission, you lost your entire squad except for 1, so that's not a change. Depends on difficulty and mods, and how you want to play in terms of how many will die (talking xcom 1, I've not tried 2).

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
29. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 09:22 Dev

DaHauns wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 06:24:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=615515357

*siiiiigh*

Seriously.
What the F*CK, Peter.

Link no worky

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
8. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 2, 2016, 23:23 Dev

However doesn't include $30 of full priced DLC that they are selling for it  

News Comments > Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Parts 1 & 2 Released
5. Re: Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Parts 1 & 2 Released Feb 2, 2016, 23:22 Dev

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 21:07:
Cool beans and it's only 7 bucks so why not. Thanks roach.
$6 on steam

News Comments > Hearthstone Adds New Standard Mode
4. Re: Hearthstone Adds New Standard Mode Feb 2, 2016, 23:16 Dev

Ah, going the Magic the gathering cards way. Tons of expansions and most tourneys disallow most old cards, so always a stream of money coming in.

Brilliant marketing scheme and it works, Wizards of the Coast brings in TONS of money on it. Also a bit greedy, but if people are willing to drop money on it, that's how capitalism is.

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
58. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Feb 1, 2016, 08:20 Dev

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 14:03:
Dev wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 12:57:
Anyone know what melting/unmalting is and the tokens for it?

Sort of, yes.

You can melt pledge packages by refunding them for store credit and then you can use the store credit to buy something else. You will in some cases, especially with older packages, lose some privileges, however.

So lots of tards went and melted packages every time a new ship was announced. They changed their pledges like their underwear and now they are having regrets about e.g. not having LTI (lifetime insurance) anymore.

That's why CIG introduced unmelting now, i.e. you can look at a list of all of your past pledges and repurchase the package for the original conditions, i.e. for example with LTI. What I am not sure about is whether you also get the original price because many packages were a few bucks cheaper in 2012/2013 than they are now.
To repurchase an old pledge you can, however, NOT use store credit so you got to whip out your wallet and buy with real cash EXCEPT if you have an unmelt token (every account got ONE of these AFAIK). So you have a one-time chance to correct a pledge for "free" (store credit from melting) and then after that it's $$$ time.

TL;DR melt/unmelt is a system to further milk impatient and indecisive ADHD retards who jump on every new ship hype bandwagon
Thanks. That helps, since now I know I don't need it. I'll keep my original LTI on Aurora LX that I got for $5. (Plus the original KS pledge). I'll be doing good if I get a game out of what I spent, since I spent less than $50 on it. If I don't, it's not like I spent thousands on it.

53. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 31, 2016, 12:57 Dev

Anyone know what melting/unmalting is and the tokens for it?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust
28. Re: Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust Jan 30, 2016, 13:30 Dev

Creston wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 16:52:
I trust EA about a dozen times more by now than I do Microsoft.
LOL. Yeah MS rates as trustworthy about as far I can throw a lead battery, until they rededicate themselves to PC games as they do on a regular basis. Then they show again why they are out to screw PC gamers.

News Comments > Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed
11. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 30, 2016, 13:26 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 16:21:
The problem as I'm reading it that somehow Valve allowed community servers to modify the inventory accessible from the out-of-game menu. That should have never been possible. A community server should be able to have custom weapons, mods, give access to facsimiles of actual normally unlockable weapons skins... It just shouldn't affect the actual inventory or what people see in trade windows. Sounds much more like a Valve bug than the nefarious thing they're making it seem like. Just fix it so they can't do that and move on.
Come on now, that's NEVER been valve's way. They just take a hammer and fix things in the easiest way possible that puts the load on someone else... which is not to fix the bug. At least for the first wave. Maybe they'll do another fix or two in the future before getting around to fixing the root problem (which will likely only happen if someone exploits it even more)

3. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 13:19 Dev

So... if I pledged for the single player space flight sim on kickstarter, wtf does that mean for me? Do I get both? Just the one really one? or?

Edit: Also wtf is this unmelt tokens thing about using up the unmelt before you can get another? What's melting and what's unmalting?

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Delayed to Spring
15. Re: Mighty No. 9 Delayed to Spring Jan 26, 2016, 09:23 Dev

Blatz wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:36:
This has nothing on the Two Guys SpaceVenture. SpaceVenture was originally estimated to be released February 2013!!

Now "on track" for Nov 2016.

My nostalgia cost me $170.
Hey I'm still hopeful! I backed at a similar level. Space quest games were some of my favorite when I was a kid.

I haven't given the mini arcade chicken game they released a try, have you?

News Comments > FNaF World Pulled; Refunds Offered
8. Re: FNaF World Pulled; Refunds Offered Jan 26, 2016, 09:12 Dev

He could have just marked it early access, seems most were satisfied.

But it's beyond the call to release a fixed version for free

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2016, 09:20.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Mods with Launch
11. Re: XCOM 2 Mods with Launch Jan 22, 2016, 09:14 Dev

That's awesome that the long war mod authors will finally get some money after all their awesome hardwork. At least I'm guessing that this announcement means a monetary agreement.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
1. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 19, 2016, 20:58 Dev

Although 3dr is only the "publisher" !?  

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
12. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 21:40 Dev

I wonder if the sims has all expansions in the sub. If it did, that would draw in a lot of sims players.
Edit: Nope of course not, it only has starter pack of sims 3. Lame!

I'd do it if it was all titles EA has on Origin. Otherwise no thanks

Grokk wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 21:26:
Apparently not available in AU. Is there a complete list of titles somewhere that isn't geo-blocked?
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/origin-membership

BF 3
BF 4
BF H
DA: I
DA 1
DA 2
SimCity (the last one, the online one)
FIFA 15
Plants vz Zombies Garden warfare
NFS: Rivals
Dead Space 3
DS 2
DS 1
Sims 3 starter
this war of mine

6963 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo