Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6924 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
12. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 12, 2016, 21:40 Dev

I wonder if the sims has all expansions in the sub. If it did, that would draw in a lot of sims players.
Edit: Nope of course not, it only has starter pack of sims 3. Lame!

I'd do it if it was all titles EA has on Origin. Otherwise no thanks

Grokk wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 21:26:
Apparently not available in AU. Is there a complete list of titles somewhere that isn't geo-blocked?
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/origin-membership

BF 3
BF 4
BF H
DA: I
DA 1
DA 2
SimCity (the last one, the online one)
FIFA 15
Plants vz Zombies Garden warfare
NFS: Rivals
Dead Space 3
DS 2
DS 1
Sims 3 starter
this war of mine

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
37. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 17:32 Dev

descender wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 16:00:
Do you think Valve should stop making tons o cash with Steam and... go back to their previous and considerably less profitable business model?

LOL... the selfish arrogance on display here.

Valve isn't dysfunctional, your desires for how they should run their company are.
No but that's what handing off jobs to other dev houses is for. They could hand the job to another company, have them make the game. Happens quite frequently. Valve has even done it in the past with HL games. I suspect valve just doesn't want to give up on doing it themselves, and have made some attempts, but can't get enough wheeled desks on it long enough.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2016, 09:03 Dev

Someone said that they had $24 million in revenue last year, so it's not exactly a problem to pay off the $2m slap on wrist.  

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
11. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 3, 2016, 17:40 Dev

I wonder if they will make the hilarious move of only having the installer require windows 10, like they did the last time they pulled this crap with Halo and a past windows. It worked on XP if you manually installed, it was only the installer that was exclusive to.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 28, 2015, 07:41 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 13:31:
Another american fail, a f'in pin on a CC like a Debit Card is still better and all that was needed and since we are all used to them... But now this chip and the problems it can bring at a register and how is that any better anyway. A thief gets a hold of my card, he has the f'in chip on the card, he wouldn't have my pin. Dumb is dumb.
Depends on the kinda thief. Nowadays, with card skimmers, they take your pin too more often than not.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2015, 03:06 Dev

Raggedy wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 20:31:
As a long time lurker and quadriplegic for 27 years, I can assure you it's never too late (especially so if Salma Hayek is involved).

For educational purposes (scientific terminology NSFW): http://www.spinalcordinjury.net/Services/services_info_sexuality.htm#Q3

Sorry for the continued off topic response.
That's an interesting link actually. Thanks for posting it.

I think there was a movie about a similar thing too?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2015, 00:33 Dev

jimnms wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 22:38:
I stopped buying bundles unless it contains a majority of games I want because I don't want to buy a bundle for one or two games and have the developer(s) of the good game(s) split the money with the junk it got bundled by. In this case, it's all Square Enix, so I guess it doesn't matter.
If that's the only reason, why not adjust the split with the slider so it goes entirely to charity? Or humble store?

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
20. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 15:19 Dev

They didn't even make it past the first hour before it started failing. Way to go with those server. AGAIN valve. I don't think I've ever seen a major sale without issues.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Dec 21, 2015, 18:13 Dev

Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 11:40:
Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! am I right?! Dance

Seeing it a third time in IMAX tonight.
Make sure to see it first morning showing on Sat/Sun IMAX for collectible tickets/posters. They are doing that first four weeks. Different ones each week and numbered tickets (not sure about posters).
I'm not planning to do 8 times at imax, but I will do at least once for a collectible numbered ticket.

Edit:
Here's a pic of 2nd week ticket. It's the bad guy Ben:
pic

Also TFA opening weekend was biggest ever, passing Jurassic world. It was over $500 million worldwide opening weekend.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2015, 18:35.

News Comments > French Steam Lawsuit
34. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 20, 2015, 21:02 Dev

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 19:30
A isn't some magical practice that catches all bugs, you don't just throw money and bodies at everything to solve a problem and sometimes problems require solutions that take time. Report the bugs and they will fix them, enough fucking whining. [/quote:
Bugs have been and continually are reported. Sometimes they don't fix them. Sometimes they are so extreme, you know they didn't test it before releasing it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2015, 14:09 Dev

InBlack wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 05:49:
nin wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 16:39:
Back in town from TFA last night...JJ fucking nailed it.

Its an enjoyable film. But it's very far from perfect. The story itself was...how to put it without spoiling it for everyone...already seen before.

Also that Deus Ex Machina device near the end of the film was groan inducing.

Still for what its worth, it was better than episodes I, II and III.

I think a bit part of it was Disney saying to all the star wars fans "we got your back, and are going to do way better than Lucas", kinda like the first one was fan service. It was getting the huge hype machine going to keep merchandizing etc sales up, and get a new generation of people interested and fans of star wars.
I'm fairly sure the next couple will depart in larger ways.
Incidentally, 99% of all the quotes and homages were paid to the classic trilogy, so if someone has never seen any star wars, they can watch the classic trilogy, and skip the crappy trilogy entirely, then watch this new movie, and not miss a thing.

32. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 19, 2015, 12:45 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 17:22:
Dev wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 17:06:
In regards to the streaming thing... Valve development has always been VERY spotty. You can see patch history of their games, and their client, etc. Bugs that were fixed in L4D1 were rebroken in L4D2, and things got "fixed" half a dozen times (like falling through elevator). Some exploits known about for years never fixed, etc.
Part of it is the whole "I'm bored, going to wheel my desk over here and stop patchwork for while" thing they have going on.

So you are saying a company that has more than a billion $ worth of actual money does not employ QA procedures before they push out an official steam client update?

Basically, yeah. Q&A is boring, so who wants to wheel desks over to Q&A? No managers there, so no one to tell them they have to Q&A. Q&A and release schedules are something they suck at, because... flat management structure. I'm sure they do a minimal amount of Q&A, but if you keep up with change logs on steam client, L4D, TF2, DOTA, etc you'd see how many times they patch stuff and repatch it, and break stuff that's already fixed, etc. Another thing I've seen, they'll claim they fixed something couple times, then end up just disabling that entire feature so they don't have to spend more time fixing it (see many console commands disabled over the years).
When stuff gets too boring, they abandon it for a while or try and give the workload to someone else (like greenlight was done so they could get out of the boring job of playing games to see if they should be on steam, they even said that on the news release).

Flat management structure is great for a lot of things, including many I love valve for, but not for this kinda stuff.

14. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 17:06 Dev

In regards to the streaming thing... Valve development has always been VERY spotty. You can see patch history of their games, and their client, etc. Bugs that were fixed in L4D1 were rebroken in L4D2, and things got "fixed" half a dozen times (like falling through elevator). Some exploits known about for years never fixed, etc.
Part of it is the whole "I'm bored, going to wheel my desk over here and stop patchwork for while" thing they have going on.

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Free Trial
8. Re: Minecraft Realms Free Trial Dec 15, 2015, 09:30 Dev

They are going to quickly learn that without credit card details, people are going to just generate a new trial signup every 30 days.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
59. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 19:00 Dev

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:27:
It's just a rushed release probably to avoid legal action (you need to deliver something 12 months after the initial KS target, right?).
No, I have backed several KS that are years late (just for like $10 mind you).

It's because of their TOS where they promise specific dates and weird stuff like that they will refund if they don't meet the date. Promising dates was stupid in the first place in a TOS, AND then they went back and modified those dates lol.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
58. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 18:54 Dev

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:16:
We should all thank Derek Smart for providing the motivational force behind getting Cloud Imperium Games to get off their lazy asses and release this update to the CryEngine tech demo known as Star Citizen.

Thanks Derek!

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade Changes
7. Re: Valve on Steam Trade Changes Dec 10, 2015, 17:09 Dev

This is more about all the valve employees having to wheel their desks over to the security computer for more and more each month to fix each stolen account. That's why hl3 isn't done yet.

Joking... Mostly

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
48. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 9, 2015, 08:58 Dev

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 16:50:
Sigh, I just knew it. No issues with the game whatsoever besides the occasional funky glitch in the game for 120+ hours straight, and the patch gets sneak installed last night, and voila, 2 crashes already so far today.

FUCKING FANTASTIC. Thanks for no longer allowing people to defer patches, Steam. Really appreciate it.

You'd have to do what someone else suggested, which is play steam offline. Which is a pain, and I doubt I'd do it.

Another possible option is to copy the entire game folder elsewhere and run it from another location. That MIGHT work, not sure without trying it.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
25. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 17:38 Dev

Acleacius wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:47:
No way I will update till everything settles down. I finally got LOOT running, it's been driving me crazy having 106 mods, 51 of which are eps plugins. Even though the masterlist is just getting started, it recognized and sorted all 51 esp files.
How will you be stopping it what with steam update and all?

Also I hear the beta disabled esp file loading,and news on if the final does?

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
21. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 09:43 Dev

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:33:
Remember when WoW took off and then everyone and their brother wanted to make an MMO game and pretty soon the market was so flooded that they could barely make a profit?

I predict the same market saturation here.
LOL I came here to post the same thing.

Someone like epic is big enough that they should be leading market and making next big thing, not following in the "me too" market. Like why not make a FPS like the latest demos of their engine shows is possible?

6924 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo