Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7172 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG War Mode: Desert Knights Returns
3. Re: PUBG War Mode: Desert Knights Returns May 18, 2018, 21:04 Dev

I've enjoyed it for a change. Also, they are giving REAL payouts this time. Not 3 points for winning, but I was on a winning team and got like 800 points.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Trailer
1. Re: Star Control: Origins Trailer May 18, 2018, 21:00 Dev

Mmmmm that music  

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
40. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 21:16 Dev

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 12:17:

Let's not forget their constant need to cram every fucking windows update down your throat too. like how State of Decay 2 absolutely requires the latest build of windows or it wont even install.

Thats some bullshit right there. I totally wanted to avoid getting the creative update on my pc because of all the bullshit issues it brings with it. So, yea this just pisses me off eve more to no end.
Well yeah, that's probably mandatory with more than one game on windows store nowadays. Or it's a paid MS exclusive or something (which probably means no steam).

MS wants you to stay updated so they can go reset all the registry edits you've done to turn on privacy settings they want to move to enterprise edition. Things like that.

News Comments > Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free
10. Re: Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free May 13, 2018, 16:31 Dev

Acleacius wrote on May 12, 2018, 18:12:
Sounds pretty cool, thanks for the info and the heads up link for the game! Anyone know how many times you have to play it, to be able to have all the choices?

Finished one ending. Appears to be 24 total endings. But you don't have to finish all of them as best I can tell.

News Comments > Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free
9. Re: Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free May 13, 2018, 15:04 Dev

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 12, 2018, 17:08:
I did a first impressions video of this back when it was new.

It's an interesting game where it's cartoony but deals with dark themes of war and betrayal. You end up playing the same story over many times but each time, you can unlock additional choices and places to visit. Ultimately, your goal is to make the best decisions to get the best ending.

The combat's nothing innovative but it's a really neat approach to story telling. I never finished it but did play it quite a bit after recording the video.

The devs made this free to drum up hype for the next game, Oversight, which comes out in the next week. Planning to stream it and probably do a video of that too. This was worth checking out for real money and for free, it's a no brainer.
Thanks! I was already going to add it, you've convinced me to play it too And added the next game on wishlist too (went ahead and entered the contest too, gave a screenshot of it on my wishlist).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2018, 14:35 Dev

theglaze wrote on May 13, 2018, 14:27:
RedEye9 wrote on May 13, 2018, 14:10:
jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2018, 13:05:
Sad that the top two games came out more than a year ago.
Happy that CSGO is not on the list.

I canít remember the last time CSGO wasnít on the list.

Don't worry, valve still pulled in tons of money from skins and stuff from it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Worst date ever May 11, 2018, 21:34 Dev

Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 18:07:
Holy shit, she is fucking crazy. I mean, that could be the most amazing, heavenly-choir-singing, roofs-collapsing sex of all time, but it's not worth it for that level of fucking insanity.

Quote from story when she was told about the number of texts "was that it? Thought it was more"

News Comments > Hunt Showdown Content Patch
1. Re: Hunt Showdown Content Patch May 11, 2018, 21:26 Dev

I'd love to try this. But it's got a huge number of negative reviews... most of which say the gameplay is fun... when you can play it, because the servers and stability suck. And on a rogue lite type game with perma death, it would seriously suck to lose a run from a server burp or a game glitch.

So every couple weeks I go back and check the news... yep, still filled with them restarting game servers every few hours or couple days. This has been the case at least 3 months.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/594650/announcements?p=1
See for yourself, most of the 150+ news updates posted are about server restarts. Including announcing more restarts one each day this weekend.

I can see a few weeks, maybe even a month, but past that? Come on now. They have had plenty of sales and enough money to hire a couple smart consultants to fix their SQL crap, or help them spin up more cloud servers, or get a load balancer, or WTF ever is causing instability or memory leaks in the servers, or other issues. Completely inexcusable to take that long. Or even if they can't fix it, setup some redundancy (can anyone say virtual machines?) so they can run games on one server for a few hours, then stop anymore connections to it, wait for people to finish, route people to another server, reboot the first server, etc until everything is rebooted without any interruption. I do something similar with our Exchange server environment every month for windows server updates. One at a time. No downtime.

So until I stop seeing those server restart updates anymore, I'll wait.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed?
12. Re: Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed? May 11, 2018, 10:17 Dev

Beamer wrote on May 9, 2018, 11:16:
The only three games I'm really waiting on are Dishonored 2, Far Cry Primal, and the XCOM 2 expansion. My numbers for those are $9.99, $5.99, and $19.99.

Per isthereanydeal.com there's been a sale on amazon for an xcom 2 war of chosen expansion for $10 total. Also I believe prior to release Greenmangaming had a sale on it.

Just gotta keep an eye out

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
23. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 12:27 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 00:57:
There's actually a bug (for me at least) where occasionally the region selector picks Asia for me instead of NA. Make sure you check that every now and then, might be the reason you keep ending up with non-english speakers. I haven't run into Chinese players on NA servers for a while now after it being pretty bad a few months ago.
I've seen that same bug multiple times before and it's annoying! I was wondering why I had performance issues, turned out it was the lag from AS default. But anyway, I'm referring to being on NA servers and ending up with a team full of Chinese speaking people (even the 8 or 10 man teams on some events). Maybe it's because I sometimes play at weird hours or something.

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
11. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 00:02 Dev

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 22:40:
Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:19:
It's long past due to just outright block Russian and China from Europe and NA, methinks.
And yet another keyboard warrior edge lord chimes in with yet more clueless angry white man xenophobia. impressive

Presumably he meant region lock PUBG, which I support. It would be nice to play with a team that speaks my language once in a while.

News Comments > A Way Out Sells 1M
3. Re: A Way Out Sells 1M Apr 14, 2018, 16:07 Dev

Ah, it's some sorta EA thing that's only on their platform or some such. Not on steam. That would be why I haven't seen it.  

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
35. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 14, 2018, 15:59 Dev

Timmeh wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 10:58:
The fact they didn't include factory coolers from the git go is beyond stupid.
Actually, I think Intel's decision to go with thermal interface pad material on $1000 enthusiast CPU's (what do they call them now, HED or something?), rather than spending 5 cents on thermal grease, is what's beyond stupid. Why the frack should anyone have to relid a CPU?

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 19:12:
Rigs wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 17:38:
10 VM's at once?! I must really be using my system wrong because the other day when I was using a Linux VM it nearly brought it to it's knees. I mean, a Core i5-750/2.8, 14gb DDR3 and a 1050ti/4gb isn't exactly shabby.

It's a Xeon E5-2690 v2 with 128GB of DDR3. It was specifically built so that I can use it to fully emulate stacked clusters before I rolled them out in to production. I also happen to game on it.
I knew it was going to be ram. 90% of time the limiting factor for VM's is ram

14gb vs 128gb

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 00:05 Dev

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 15:40:
By contrast, Wozniak said, ďApple makes its money off of good products, not off of you. As they say, with Facebook, you are the product.Ē

That's bullshit on so many levels. Apple datamines the shit out of people too. And they make lousy walled-garden products that are environmental nightmares. Which they do by exploiting consumers and workers alike. Apple is hella more evil than FB IMO.
But keep in mind the historical context, he hasn't been at apple in forever. At the time he was, it was more about good products, and not so much datamining. I think he just has rose colored glasses from that time frame.

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
26. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 10, 2018, 00:03 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 12:26:
Man, to think I actually own this and haven't got a clue where to even download it nowadays (wasn't on Steam nor GoG.. so sod it)
Probably through rockstar directly like mine is. The social club thingy. Probably got it through one of the same sales I got my copy

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
25. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 23:59 Dev

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 11:09:
HoSpanky wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 10:58:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 10:36:
and I still haven't played it..... Laugh2

The story mode is pretty spectacular. I didnít find the multiplayer very engaging, as the shooting/driving is vastly inferior to more focused titles. If you can get it on sale, the single player is worth going through.

The worst part.... I OWN IT!!!

Just haven't gotten around to playing it! Lol_dies
Shhhhh don't tell anyone, I'm the same way

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
12. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 9, 2018, 23:57 Dev

emgarf wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 22:14:
What we -really- want from CliffyB is Jazz Jackrabbit 3.
My brother was a huge fan of JJ, like one of the biggest ones in the community.

News Comments > System Shock Revival Revived
29. Re: System Shock Revival Revived Apr 8, 2018, 18:07 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 19:27:
Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 18:30:
Glad they're going back to just doing a remake. This "Re-envisioning" thing they were sliding into had my hackles up. Who are you to re-envision one of the greatest games of all time? Keep your hands off.

Yeah, it worked out terribly for XCom.

Thing is though, there's been a bunch of remakes for xcom (yes I realize the sarcasm in your post, but discussing the point of remakes vs re-imagining).

They have ranged from completely faithful remakes, to complete reimaginings from various companies under various names, including some kickstarters.

I am glad though that firaxis did a good job and it was repaid with success.

But anyway, there haven't been a bunch of similar things for system shock. So yeah, I think a close remake is a good first move.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2018, 17:49 Dev

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 14:20:
And look who is back on top...

It wouldn't surprise me if it was on top last week again too, just valve messed up the formatting.

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
21. Re: Uwe Boll's Rampage Mar 31, 2018, 17:28 Dev

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 14:36:
This is just typical troll Boll looking for free publicity...and sadly getting it. He doesn't - and can't - own the rights to the word "rampage" and he knows it, ergo, trolling. Note the insult to Trump. He's hoping to sucker Trump in to a Twitter war to really ratchet up the free publicity.
That's actually a hilarious idea. Don't know if he will respond, but if anyone would it's him.

7172 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo