Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7222 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Increasing Revenue Share for Biggest Sellers
16. Re: Steam Increasing Revenue Share for Biggest Sellers Dec 2, 2018, 00:22 Dev

To me the big news here is the steam sales numbers can finally be shared.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Increasing Revenue Share for Biggest Sellers
15. Re: Steam Increasing Revenue Share for Biggest Sellers Dec 2, 2018, 00:21 Dev

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2018, 20:07:
go with platforms that actually ask for a reasonable cut say 5-10 points max.
What ones offer that? I mean 5% is barely above the credit card cut.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Nov 29, 2018, 02:08 Dev

Pigeon wrote on Nov 28, 2018, 21:45:
Unfortunately, due to unavailability of materials, we had to switch to a nylon carrying case

Ah yeah that must be the canvas shortage everyone is talking about.

My favorite comment from the article. Seriously $200 and you get a helmet that looks one step above a kid's Halloween mask and nylon bag that looks more like a small green hefty sack. I've never thought the uber collector's editions anything but a gimmick for those with too much money and/or too little brains, but at least the stuff generally looks kinda cool. This looks like some off brand toy a $5 and under store would sell.

Well ok then. And here I was disappointing I didn't get in on a FO CE PC preorder. I guess now I'm not knowing all this.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2018, 14:04 Dev

Acleacius wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 23:35:
NKD wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 20:33:
Its fucking criminal that there's no way to buy the Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC on PC as an all in one bundle at a reasonable price.
So true, but until they released this pack about a year ago, there's been no way for PC gamers to buy all the ME2 DLC without using biobucks (or whatever the hell they were/are called). Now there's one complete package and you can buy it with normal cash. Not to mention you can use it on your Steam version of ME2. You just need to download them here then install them into your Steam ME2.

Thanks for that info on the Mass Effect DLC! That's probably one reason why I didn't ever finish that game heh

News Comments > Artifact Beta Live
4. Re: Artifact Beta Live Nov 19, 2018, 09:10 Dev

From the reddit thread posted below:

For the uninitiated:

1.Base game cost $20

2. You can only buy packs with money, no way to get free cards

3. You can get literally useless cards (not just bad, actually useless) from packs

4. You have to pay to play competitive

5. You have to pay to play draft

6. Impossible to "go infinite" in draft due to mmr system guaranteeing a ~50% win rate, which has no payout

7. No trading confirmed, only way to get specific cards is on the marketplace where Valve takes a percentage.

They might have managed to make the worst possible economy ever seen.

EDIT In the last hour or so, Valve completely backtracked on just about all of these points for the better. Points 1 and 2 still stand, but they enabled multiple free draft modes and a way to recycle those useless cards into either competitive mode.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791461919240/announcements/detail/2535985526495756390

Note I don't know much about this but dang, come on valve!
That linked valve update, says they've "fixed" #3 by letting you recycle the cards into event tickets, and #5 was fixed by adding a free draft practice mode.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 18, 2018, 17:14 Dev

Yes, and why the frack does it take two taps while driving now to see street lists used in the directions? Used to be only took one. I really don't care about any of those other features in that push up list.  

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Sneaks Out
6. Re: HITMAN 2 Sneaks Out Nov 14, 2018, 07:24 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 13, 2018, 15:40:
I really liked the first one but I have to agree $130 for the complete version is a bit too much.
I'll wait for a sale
Not sure where you get $130, it's list $100 for gold version.

And you can get the gold version on sale for $75 (same as it was preorder) which includes expansion pass, always check isThereAnyDeal

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/hitmaniigoldedition/info/

Or the base game for about $45

News Comments > RimWorld Leaves Early Access
10. Re: RimWorld Leaves Early Access Oct 18, 2018, 10:26 Dev

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 07:37:
It is at best a 14.99 game and they think $50 is ok with the DLC?

Sorry, just another overpriced game that has marginal value.
It was $30 in early access and $35 now. It's never been on sale, probably because it's sold a million copies, has a 97% game rating, and they have no need to put it on sale. Word of mouth, like minecraft started out with.

DLC only adds name in game. No real point to spending the money for the DLC unless you want to donate extra to them.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 15, 2018, 22:38 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 20:53:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 10:51:
I saw that it's basically $80 for the actual full game.

I got nearly 3 full games for $60.
I don't even see an $80 price on there... is that for some other region market?
Don't know, I'm seeing the $60 for normal, and $130 for season pass version (I think?)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2018, 22:26 Dev

My bad. I mixed up the two titles. Monster Hunter World was in the top ten, and reminded me of a slightly older title, Hunt Showdown, which had the atrocious record of server restarts. That's the one I bought.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2018, 12:57 Dev

EA I don't believe you. At the very least it's going to have a lot of DLC.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 14, 2018, 12:50 Dev

Nice one sony  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2018, 12:47 Dev

Looks like they aren't restarting Hunt Showdown servers every day anymore because of instability. Now they are restarting for patches only and it's not too frequent.
Plus they added a training mode for new players.
And somehow I have the Ryse game in the bundle on the steam page for the game, so it's only $18.71 for the Hunt Showdown game.

I'll give it a go.

Edit: I mistakenly said monster hunter, I meant hunt showdown. However monster hunter was in the top ten and prompted me to go check hunt showdown page on steam for the news on it.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2018, 22:27.

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
11. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 11, 2018, 08:54 Dev

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 00:05:
Most of the Commodore 64 games I played as a kid are easy to find, but one has eluded me.

It was a first person perspective game with creepy music where a different kind of monster would attack at different parts. I believe you had a gun, and had to shoot it. Have looked through 1000's of game screenshots and still haven't had any luck whatsoever.

Going to give this emulator a shot, there are quite a few games I wouldn't mind playing for nostalgia.
I'd try google for first person commodore 64 games
For instance, this thread. I suggest checking each game in this thred
https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11786&sid=eb34e012dcb043ba4a1c2a8375778a8e

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
21. Re: MS doesn't like competition Oct 10, 2018, 20:51 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 10:47:
WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 05:35:
Lack of options will eventually force gamers to buy from only a couple of online stores. Like steam, origin and uplay. Gas companies do this also. Close down the mom and pop's

Hasn't it already been this for many many years now? There wasn't a mom and pop online store either.
Sure there was. Desura was one. Stardock had one they sold to gamestop. There's been others.
Steam was a one game show until they grew up

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
7. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 9, 2018, 09:13 Dev

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 11:33:
What the hell is up with the UK and their Sims fetish?
Not UK specific. Sims is incredibly popular worldwide. Hence the endless expansions.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2018, 17:50 Dev

The bill of internet rights on its own sounds great. I don't care which party brings it forward. The question is how it will be implemented and tested. That's where the chance comes in for people or organizations to twist it.

Edit: Thinking about it, why not lets add this puppy in as a constitutional amendment? With hopefully clear and easy to understand language like this? Going forward, internet and privacy is literally that important to the future.
#5 and #8 for instance would have huge positive implications.

Here's the bill:

Set of Principles for an Internet Bill of Rights

The internet age and digital revolution have changed Americans’ way of life. As our lives and the U.S. economy are more tied to the internet, it is essential to provide Americans with basic protections online.

You should have the right:

(1) to have access to and knowledge of all collection and uses of personal data by companies;

(2) to opt-in consent to the collection of personal data by any party and to the sharing of personal data with a third party;

(3) where context appropriate and with a fair process, to obtain, correct or delete personal data controlled by any company and to have those requests honored by third parties;

(4) to have personal data secured and to be notified in a timely manner when a security breach or unauthorized access of personal data is discovered;

(5) to move all personal data from one network to the next;

(6) to access and use the internet without internet service providers blocking, throttling, engaging in paid prioritization or otherwise unfairly favoring content, applications, services or devices;

(7) to internet service without the collection of data that is unnecessary for providing the requested service absent opt-in consent;

(8) to have access to multiple viable, affordable internet platforms, services and providers with clear and transparent pricing;

(9) not to be unfairly discriminated against or exploited based on your personal data; and

(10) to have an entity that collects your personal data have reasonable business practices and accountability to protect your privacy.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 28, 2018, 23:21 Dev

If you had to re-login to FB this week, they expired your token because you may have been one of the 90 mil.  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2018, 23:27 Dev

Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 17:08:
Why the hell is Nier: Automata on that list? Did they finally fix the PC port?
50% off

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Launches
11. Re: Star Control: Origins Launches Sep 22, 2018, 00:22 Dev

Steam has it being streamed live from devs playing it right now
https://store.steampowered.com/app/271260/

Steam reviews have it at 82%, not bad. I'll definitely be playing it. I backed it as a founder level and I'm a huge fan. But I kinda forgot about it lol, didn't realize it was this close to release.

Prez wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 08:58:
Nice. Will be picking this up and playing this weekend. On a related note, did the legal dust-up over the rights to the IP between the original creators and Stardock ever get settled?
Not that I heard. I imagine blue would have mentioned it if so.

7222 Comments. 362 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo