Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7261 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators
13. Re: Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators Mar 9, 2019, 20:46 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 12:22:
Regardless, it's amazing Valve was so out of touch that they couldn't foresee the backlash the game created.
The sad part is, people told them this early on. They could have changed it, changed the money making strategy to be less greedy. Nope, they stuck with the crap they had.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts
52. Re: More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts Feb 26, 2019, 23:52 Dev

Kxmode wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 22:09:
Developers do not sell cheats for their game, period.
Blanket statement that can easily be disproved by a single counter example. I've seen an EA game in the past that sold cheat codes as a DLC.

Note: I'm not weighing in on anything other than this. I see blanket statements and my mind immediately starts thinking of counter examples

News Comments > GOG.com Layoffs
25. Re: GOG.com Layoffs Feb 26, 2019, 09:52 Dev

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 08:46:
Speaking of a NAS, does anyone have any recommendations for a good, inexpensive one?
Depends on your features need. For myself I like 5 bays with good performance, RAID 5 with a spare to tolerate 1 failed drive, or RAID 6 for 2 simultaneous failed drives kinda stuff. That goes for a maybe 400 ish. Most of your cost is going to be in the drives. Like $150 each for 8 TB drives or so. Make sure to get RAID capable 24/7 drives, NOT green drives! Red is ok.

Nowadays a NAS can do a bunch of other things like torrents and FTP and stuff too.

If you don't need as much features, a 4 bay NAS works too, I think you can get down to $200ish for that. Oddly they are cheaper than 3 bay, must be more competition in 4 bays.

Modern NAS are mini computers, so they aren't going to be cheap for quality ones.

You can get on newegg and sort to various options including bays
https://www.newegg.com/Desktop-NAS/SubCategory/ID-124?Tid=161337

Edit: If you have spare parts kicking around and don't need special form factor or all the built in options, building one can work, as mentioned below.

News Comments > Get Thimbleweed Park for Free
12. Re: Get Thimbleweed Park for Free Feb 23, 2019, 16:41 Dev

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 22, 2019, 08:28:
But i snagged this ancient old thing anyways.
It's like only a year or two old. Hardly ancient.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 23, 2019, 16:40 Dev

Per article, valued at only a bit over $1 per card, 2.5 million cards.
The actual worth would presumably be higher, that's just what the sale price is for the whole chunk.

Actually nowadays I'd be more shocked on the months when there WASN'T millions of hacked cards being sold.

News Comments > Get Thimbleweed Park for Free
7. Re: Get Thimbleweed Park for Free Feb 22, 2019, 01:37 Dev

Was originally a KS game when I backed it, made by some of the creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. I played it together with someone in same room, and we had fun, it has some laughs in it.
For free I'd definitely grab it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
14. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 22, 2019, 01:25 Dev

[.]

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2019, 16:45.

News Comments > PUBG Framerate Affects Rate-of-Fire
12. Re: PUBG Framerate Affects Rate-of-Fire Feb 22, 2019, 01:17 Dev

Retired wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 13:09:
Havent played the game for 5 months. Will never play again. I was a huge supporter and very early in Beta. Sad the game is still so bloated and clunky. They focused far to much on crates and tshirts than the core game.
Actually, they didn't focus enough on that. Fortnight had far more microtransaction options much quicker. PUBG has been slow to everything, which has killed them.

I don't know if they just didn't bother to higher enough devs with the initial rush of money or what.

News Comments > Anthem Day One Patch Details
43. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Details Feb 20, 2019, 20:52 Dev

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 11:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 10:33:
Drayth wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 00:33:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 18:19:
I made a short review of the game, make sure to sub my channel and give it a thumbs down. Unfortunately it takes about 24 hours to process a video that is 4K, so I guess it's only 1080p for another 10 hours or so.

https://youtu.be/ILDYF7Sdsko

Please make more game reviews.
awe crap, now i gotta watch it

edit
NSFW

LOL yeah, sorry I am defiantly NSFW.. I will be making more videos, and thanks for the love

Also Yes, I mean to say defiant, as in I resist being safe for work

I'm kinda irked, I watched your video on how to make 7 figures by getting 15 facebook likes, and you didn't actually link your ebook in the description/replies like you promised!

(I know this isn't a thing. But I was actually irked that it wasn't taken further with a fake ebook)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 20, 2019, 19:46 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 05:11:
I was going to get the 903 myself when I've purchased the 900 but the charging mat isn't available in Canada.
I bet you could get someone in US to ship you one. Like I'd do it at cost for a fellow gamer.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Year-end Report
12. Re: Paradox Interactive Year-end Report Feb 20, 2019, 19:39 Dev

Anyone else see that they called out "Steam Winter Sale took place December 20 to January 3" as an important event for their profits?  

News Comments > SIGIL Delayed Until April
4. Re: SIGIL Delayed Until April Feb 17, 2019, 23:33 Dev

a) the physical box versions are sold out so you can't buy.
b) the game/wad is free. Just have to wait until April.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2019, 23:28 Dev

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 17, 2019, 19:21:
As for how a game did, the steam top ten tells you nothing about how many widgets were moved, it's basically meaningless.
I believe steam was changing publishers terms so they could reveal more steam stats and sales numbers if they choose to.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Left for Dead?
16. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Left for Dead? Feb 6, 2019, 09:48 Dev

Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 09:06:
Word is this engine choice conundrum was the game's undoing, as no consensus could be found: "It's done. No one's working on it. They couldn't reach an agreement. And so the entire game just fell apart due to lack of any kind of help on this version of the game."

It's almost as if having nobody around to listen to both sides of the argument, then make a decision and go "We're using engine X", is not such a great thing?

Also, when did they announce Source 2, like four years ago? That thing STILL isn't finished? What the fuck does anyone actually DO at Valve?? It's not making games, so I guess everyone's desk is just in the "hats for TF2!" room?

They need to bring in the Bobs and have some culling done in that place.
So, flat management style means no one makes that call. So things just wither on the vine.

Also from the video, appears like valves tiny 300 employee base is majority hardware engineers and such, they are focused on hardware like VR and brain interfacing, etc. It's quite possible we won't see anymore games from valve. The only thing they managed to push in a while is artifact which bombed. No wonder valve's original people are leaving who are software focused, nothing ever gets released that they work on.

News Comments > Steam Lunar New Year Sale
8. Re: Steam Lunar New Year Sale Feb 5, 2019, 08:47 Dev

El Pit wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 17:31:
The initial number of tokens you received is based on previous purchases made on your account.

And Prez got how many out of his envelope? 150,000 tokens?
I got 5k. So they probably cap it at 5k. Pretty lame!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 18:31 Dev

El Pit wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 14:50:
It is not part of the Steam Top 10 chart here on Blue's, so you seem to have access to another one containing the info you posted here.

You may have overlooked it

7. Metro Exodus

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2019, 10:04 Dev

"Ariana Grande Misspelled Tattoo Fix"

I mean, this is why you get any foreign language tattoos done by someone who knows what they are doing, and who aren't the cheapest on the block, and you verify it. Otherwise you are liable to end up with some cool looking characters that actually spell out "I'm an idiot"

I've heard hand tattoos don't last too long because you wash your hands all the time, so she has that going for her lol

News Comments > EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment
16. Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 2, 2019, 09:55 Dev

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2019, 11:24:
Also, out of their top 9, they can't reproduce 7 of them.

I mean this is where you implement a better bug reporting setup in the game to capture data that will help you reproduce.

Or this is where you offer money to a few people where it's happening to install debug software.

Or this is where you offer to give a few people where it's happening a trip to HQ for a tour... while they test the computer you brought.

Tons of ways to do this if you have EA money, to help reproduce stuff.

News Comments > Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders
67. Re: Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders Jan 30, 2019, 09:03 Dev

Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2019, 07:34:
We all read the Starbreeze article yesterday, and 4A is even more dependent upon its games being hits than Starbreeze was. There's zero diversification.
They actually still have money coming in. Their problem is more that they squandered all their money because of a "visionary" CEO that turned out to be more of a dud CEO. Expensive secondary HQ's in places like LA, heavy investment in VR that didn't pan out. Buying up studios that were weird choices (like the one making a semi competitor to payday) and then releasing that game themselves, etc. Basically the dude had money coming out of his ears and burning a hole in his pocket and rushed to spend it everywhere in things that weren't their core competency, and spread themselves too thin.

Almost a little like star citizen. Except in that case, they still have tons of people throwing wallets at them so they are going to survive for a while more. If that stops at any point, then they are only a few months away from bankruptcy at their burn rate. If that income continues until release, we might get a game. Not sure if it will be a good game though.

News Comments > Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders
65. Re: Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders Jan 29, 2019, 23:27 Dev

Creston wrote on Jan 29, 2019, 22:53:
Do you know if there's any way to get those recovery codes out of the authenticators? I know I wrote them down somewhere, but fuck if I can remember where.

Found 3 of them. Does anyone know if GOG has recovery codes for their MFA?
Google for a link or how to get to google's backup code

7261 Comments. 364 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo