Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7191 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 13, 2018, 22:39 Dev

Probably one of my favorites in the series. And it was odd, there were things in the trailers and in the game that looked like it ended up missing, like they cut parts. And the sequels didn't take advantage of the great story.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
16. Re: Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record Jun 28, 2018, 08:19 Dev

That's a pretty big chunk of change  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised
4. Re: Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised Jun 28, 2018, 07:32 Dev

Win 7 isn't out of official support yet from MS lol  

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
22. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 25, 2018, 07:08 Dev

Kxmode wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 03:59:
Why doesn't Stardock just let these guys develop the game and they can publish it?
Initially that's how it was going to be. Stardock even said it wasn't a problem for them.

Then it all fell apart.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 25, 2018, 07:04 Dev

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 20:34:
Event Pass: Sanhok

Is this a case of charging people for new content to a game that was never finished in the first place, or are they selling people early access to their new area in the game before the game is finished? Can't tell which level of horsecockery this is..
Neither, they saw how much epic was raking in with battlepass on the F2P fortnite. It's got rewards and progression and things (cosmetics). And a lot of people like this kinda grind and reward system, as seen in modern multiplayer FPS titles.

It's an optional thing to buy. Map remains free in a free update.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans?
17. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans? Jun 23, 2018, 12:53 Dev

Yawn, not going to believe it until it's actually on sale. After what happened with RDR1  

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
1. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 12:34 Dev

If the two guys ever come out with an actual game I'll buy it. But not donating.

Stardock was making the game about a separate galaxy, was going to leave the original galaxy for the two guys to do whatever they wanted, that included all the original characters (perhaps that was due to IP reasons, perhaps not). And these two guys basically threw that into Stardock's face, decided after all this time to start coming out with something after extensive work invested from stardock into the game, and then start this fight. They could have come out with something decades ago. As far as I can tell, they don't currently have anything, just an idea. This could have all gone amicably with two star control games coming out, I would have bought both. And if they really did own all this IP, why didn't they say so before? Stardock has been talking about another star control game for a while now, ever since they bought whatever it was they bought.

I love the original games, but from what I can see, they made some incredibly poor decisions about timing, and trying to disrupt things, and making all sorts of claims.

News Comments > Games Removing SDK Amid Spyware Accusations
7. Re: Games Removing SDK Amid Spyware Accusations Jun 19, 2018, 09:15 Dev

I love steam, but isn't it doing all that and more already? Maybe these publishers should just pay a bit extra to valve and get the data that way  

News Comments > KryptCrawler on Steam
7. Re: Twitch Prime June Freebies Jun 8, 2018, 00:45 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 16:53:
PPs.: especially if your video has any red color in it. Red gets 50% more truncated than blue and green. Don't ask why. It's youtube "magic"
Isn't that because eye receptors pick up red easier or some such?

Also very informative comment, you know quite a lot about videos

News Comments > Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free
7. Re: Get Totally Accurate Battlegrounds for Free Jun 8, 2018, 00:42 Dev

saluk wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 21:28:
There's no danger in this being sued...

Parody

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
5. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 7, 2018, 21:30 Dev

What's this sniper assassin thing? And what's with all the versions of the game? Even looking at the steam page I'm not clear on differences.

ALSO WILL THIS HAVE MY WEAPONS ROOM OR NOT?!

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Reveal Thursday?
1. Re: HITMAN 2 Reveal Thursday? Jun 4, 2018, 23:20 Dev

I mean they fulfilled the promises with hitman 1, it turned out great, and a good deal for the money (especially on sale like I got it).

But #2 better have a fracking WEAPON ROOM DANGIT! I want to look at and try the various weapons collected, like in a previous hitman.

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2018, 09:06 Dev

Likely what's happening is trolls are reporting the games and valve pulls without investigating (too much work after all, they'd have to wheel their desks to another corner). Then once there's an outcry, valve puts it back.

Article does have interesting history on visual novels and steam though. I wasn't aware valve didn't let them onto steam until greenlight passed a bunch.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
35. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 09:43 Dev

MeanJim wrote on May 31, 2018, 08:17:
Fallout 4 fans aren't Fallout fans, they're fans of whatever the fuck mixed genre Fallout 4 is.
Yawn. I'm a fan of all the fallouts. Have you played the FO2 restoration project? I have, I love the original fallouts. But I like even the ones that came after too.

11. Re: etc., etc. May 31, 2018, 09:36 Dev

“This developer and publisher is, in fact, a person calling himself Ata Berdiyev, who had previously been removed last fall when he was operating as ‘(bc)Interactive’ and ‘Elusive Team,'” Valve said. “Ata is a troll, with a history of customer abuse, publishing copyrighted material, and user review manipulation. His subsequent return under new business names was a fact that came to light as we investigated the controversy around his upcoming title. We are not going to do business with people who act like this towards our customers or Valve.”

Also means that valve isn't bothering to keep an eye on devs or signups unless something like this happens. Like it should be difficult for previously banned devs to rejoin steam.

Valve, I know no one wants to do this boring work and wheel their desks over to applications, but protip, you can hire contracters who could screen for you.

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2018, 10:07:
However they're doing this because they're caving to external political pressure and that definitely angers me given what a hypocritical stance it is. How many billions has Valve made off of violent games, still does, and always will? If there had been no school shootings, or none in recent memory, they'd have zero problem with allowing this to be sold. That's the sort of hypocrisy that really grinds my gears.
But, I suspect it's laziness rather than hypocrisy. Like they literally didn't notice this previously banned dev coming back in, or know anything about the game. No one is checking, or they are asleep at their wheeled desks.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black May 31, 2018, 09:33 Dev

Author doesn't know definition of anecdotal.
Those incidents in the article are linked back to source, and one I clicked on was medical writeup. NOT anecdotal folks.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
68. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 31, 2018, 09:26 Dev

Sepharo wrote on May 30, 2018, 23:08:
This doesn't even touch on how big it's been for Amazon and Prime subscriptions via Twitch.
It's kind of amazing how the gaming industry can continually one up themselves with new ways of making lots of money.
But but but! Piracy! All the pirates are pirating fortnight!
j/k

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
66. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 30, 2018, 22:40 Dev

HoSpanky wrote on May 29, 2018, 12:47:
My favorite part of this is gonna be how Epic will just refuse to help Bluehole fix their shitty game code now. It’s even possible this somehow violates the TOS on the engine license, and they may find themselves with NO game to sell.
That would be hilarious

Nucas wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:53:
dubfanatic wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:32:
As for the desperation aspect, just take a look at their player count since January. That might explain a little bit.

wow, that's no joke, they're hemorrhaging players. wonder why? didn't fortnite BR launch back in autumn?
Because fortnite came out on mobile and started getting insanely popular. Like pokeman popular. Like teachers having to make rules about playing it popular. Like tons of girls are playing it popular. And doesn't hurt that it's free to play on PC. So fortnight is the new hotness right now. I heard it brought in $300 million in micro-transactions in ONE MONTH. Plus they do special events that get themes and are more than tiny changes, like that Thanos event from Marvel universe.

And PUBG is glacially slow on adding content, 3rd map has taken forever. Also not great on monetizing. Like the parachute skin, that's been done in fortnight for months, was just added to PUBG and they only bothered with a single skin. They also aren't doing great on making people want to get rankings and play more competitively, like battlepass on fortnight.

Edit:
Text for your Link
iOS only so far, they have yet to do android and will get a huge bump. They are going to put $100 million into prizes for tourneys, etc

This comment was edited on May 30, 2018, 22:51.

News Comments > SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics Get VR, macOS, and Linux Support
2. Re: SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics Get VR, macOS, and Linux Support May 30, 2018, 22:29 Dev

Nice, free update! I bought this a while back on a big sale, looks like update applies to me too  

News Comments > PUBG War Mode: Desert Knights Returns
3. Re: PUBG War Mode: Desert Knights Returns May 18, 2018, 21:04 Dev

I've enjoyed it for a change. Also, they are giving REAL payouts this time. Not 3 points for winning, but I was on a winning team and got like 800 points.  

7191 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo