Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6934 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More GOG.com Connect
10. Re: More GOG.com Connect Sep 27, 2016, 00:49 Dev

Complete list on this page:
https://www.gog.com/connect

Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013

and
X-Gold
Balders gate enhanced
AI war fleet command
ziggurat
masterplan
incred avent Van Helsing final cut
Teslagrad
OlliOlli
The last federation
hot tin roof cat wore a fedora
Cossacks anthology
two worlds epic edition

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2016, 22:13 Dev

descender wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:00:
Pro Tip: WD40 is not a lubricant. It's a cleaning solvent and water displacement sealant.
Which is why he has to redo it once a year

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
65. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 22:03 Dev

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 18:26:
descender wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 16:33:
I still don't understand why they don't just refund all the KS money and call that project dead. Can someone explain why they wouldn't do that? It's only like $3mil and completely irrelevant to the completion of the project at this point. It would seem that would save them a ridiculous amount of PR battle, most of you would have nothing left to complain about.

Yeah, that would seem to make the most amount of sense. My guess is that they just don't have that much money lying around anymore. For all how some people keep bleating "Where did all the money go???!" they employ like 300+ people. That money went to payroll and benefits.
Actually it doesn't make sense to refund all KS. Many of the people in the KS were first adopters type people giving positive hype, and biggest fans.
They could make it optional, but then they open the doors to a flood of other people outside the KS wanting refunds.

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
64. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 21:58 Dev

wtf_man wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 12:43:
Mismanaged? Absolutely.

Will they pull off a decent game? Who knows.

Will I ever give them more than my original $30 backing? Nope.

Do I care if it's shit? I only care about Squadron42... if it's a decent Wing Commander-like game, I'll be satisfied.

/shrug
Basically my feeling. I don't recall what exactly I gave them but it's under $50.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2016, 21:42 Dev

LittleMe wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 18:29:
Why do they need to 'permit' our speech? We don't have it except when they allow it? Did we become overridden with lawyers who cleverly worded oppressive authoritarian laws to benefit the bottom line?

There's a bunch of examples in the article.
I'll mention the contract thing, MS has even pulled that one before, where they forbid you to review something unless it's positive. And now that EULAs are ever more binding (such as the supreme court saying can't class action lawsuit but must do arbitration if they say that in EULA), this stuff is happening more.
Just like the blurb here says, it's about getting rid of gag clauses. Like who staying in random apartment has resources to go to court to fight a gag clause.
It's SAD that it's necessary to make a law like this, but I think it's a good move.
On the other hand, there's a million things that should be higher priority that congress is ignoring.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2016, 00:13 Dev

Wow, I played most of those DOS games and didn't know most of those hidden ones (besides the obvious, like slot machine in space quest 1, you had to do that to win the game, wasn't hidden). But secret giant ant monsters campaign in red alert? That's AWESOME  

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
36. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 23:12 Dev

Rigs wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 00:38:
I'm curious if any of the Star Trek game IPs are available, like Starfleet/Klingon Academy, New Worlds, Starfleet Command...
Game IP's like established tv/movies that aren't sold to companies. Example, the star wars IPs all belong to Disney and Disney isn't going to sell it. Instead they either give a game company limited rights (you can make 2 games in this series) or a time range (you can make as many games as you like, but this expires in 4 years).

In either case, I doubt Interplay can sell any of those licenses, they are almost certainly all expired.

They CAN probably sell rights to reproduce that exact game, but doubtful any sorta sequels, remasters, or rethemes. For that you'd have to go to the IP owners (i.e. if it was star wars you'd have to talk to Disney about making a star wars game).

In other words, licensed IP like that is totally different than Interplay's original IP (such as fallout) that they used to own complete rights to.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
3. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 20:59 Dev

Wow, what a way to spin selling off the lifeblood of their company.
Also, why aren't they dead yet? Could this be the death knell?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2016, 02:43 Dev

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 12:38:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:58:
I just want to know when the AIB RX 480 cards will be here en masse! I need a new card!

Is there some reason to avoid the Geforce 10xx series that I'm unaware of? I got a 1070 about 6 weeks ago and it was probably the most dramatic performance increase I've ever gotten from a GPU upgrade (previous card was a R9 280X).
Nope. Especially if you are doing VR. AMD REALLY dropped the ball in the current VR titles. They are really sucking. They have cards labeled for VR that cannot even do the minimum VR.
AMD defenders go on and on about how "just wait until DX12 VR comes along AMD will be great then!" but none of the current crop of VR bothers with that, and NVidia is just crushing in the VR realm right now.

News Comments > Ubisoft F2P Game Shutdowns
1. Re: Ubisoft F2P Game Shutdowns Aug 28, 2016, 12:16 Dev

Huh, I was going to try that mighty quest one someday. Oh well!  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
4. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 24, 2016, 22:52 Dev

Jivaro wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 22:19:
If you are a Prime member you get it for ~76 bucks if you pre-order through Amazon.
Shows for $72 for me.
Also, you can get it for $20 if you get the prime visa card from amazon (or less, I can't tell if it will count the discount first)

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
1. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 09:22 Dev

Yeah, few cards max out bandwidth, but power is another question.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
21. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 01:50 Dev

Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux.
He can't be that bad

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
8. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 13:49 Dev

Linksil wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 12:48:
It is slightly disturbing to see them playing this is a controller on the PC though instead of mouse/keyboard and flightstick.
Even from the first videos while the KS was going on, they were using console controllers.

News Comments > Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing
16. Re: Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing Aug 14, 2016, 03:11 Dev

shiho wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 01:29:
Unless you have an Intel card, you should disable pretty much every single feature in your network card
And if you do have intel? Can you leave stuff enabled?

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 7, 2016, 19:07 Dev

It's because the desks were too close together, people wanted to wheel them to corners and the corners were all taken. Time to get more corners!  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
23. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 18:46 Dev

El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 14:05:
Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 13:53:
the gaming geeks at Ars recommend that you avoid the Anniversary update

Right, and you do that how on an OS that forces updates down your throat?

Simple. Tested - it works for me. But it only works with wifi connections.

http://lifehacker.com/enable-metered-connection-to-delay-windows-10-updates-1723316525
I've heard you can edit registry to apply to wired too

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 21:06 Dev

Everyone else in phone industry does this. The only surprise will be if the lawsuit actually goes anywhere  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2016, 09:09 Dev

Quboid wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 21:48:
Robert Osorio wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 19:25:
Tilt wheel is totally useless to me in games. Actually I've never had any use for a tilt wheel at all, even on the desktop.

Bind tilt left to shift+ctrl+tab and right tilt to ctrl-tab so you can switch browser tabs by tilting the mouse wheel to one side.

Changed. My. Life.
Whoa, that sounds like an awesome thing

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 09:03 Dev

Yeah, steal a password, get 5 years. Induce pressure to suicide... get probation. Nice.

This was an argument brought up on the appeal by this wonderful specimen of humanity

On appeal, the defendant argued for the first time that he had a First Amendment right to upload the video. The boy claimed that his recording of Matthew was "a matter of concern to his school community," in the "public interest," and amounted to constitutionally protected "news gathering." He maintained that Matthew was engaged in an unlawful act of masturbating in public, and the uploader caught him in the act.

6934 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo