Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 7302 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

93. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 21:21 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 01:31:
Staunch wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 18:13:
On a secondary note. I'd love it (and I'm sure some others would) if there was a way to support the site more directly, sans ads. I block advertisements everywhere not because I want sites to die, but because companies that run ad networks can't be trusted to treat people with respect in my opinion.

A login on the site for ad-free viewing would be ideal, but a Patreon or PayPal would also be fine way for those of us that block ads but want to still support the site to do so.

We've been trying to convince Blue to go Patreon for years. Let us know if you have better luck.

I'd gladly do a patreon for a couple/few a month to support the site that I've been visiting and loving for decades.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

49. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 26, 2019, 12:34 Dev

Don't forget to use the US link, for $5 a month, instead of the canadian link for $6 a month, if you are in US

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join

News Comments > blitzchung Speaks Out

17. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 15, 2019, 09:25 Dev

SirKnight wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 13:25:
"In the future, I will be more careful on that and express my opinions or show my support to Hong Kong on my personal platforms."

And that won't stop any of the consequences. Corporations still fire people over stuff they say in personal social media. And the terms that blizzard gives for the prizes make it so if there is ANYTHING they don't like the look of, they can do this.

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2019, 09:22 Dev

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 17:57:
I stopped playing when they took away the ability to play maps of your choice.
If you quit the map while waiting for players, then rejoin in a minute or two, you'll get placed in a different map.

They took away the choice because it was fracturing the player base too much and making game start times too long.

I don't like it either, but it can be worked around.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 10, 2019, 09:12 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 04:47:
Why you should lie in your password-recovery questions.

But then how will I know the answers?
Password manager. There are open source free ones avail.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2019, 09:08 Dev

KS wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 02:22:
The embargo cuts off trade cold turkey, which would include refunds. Maybe they could be returned after normalization later, but for now they cannot. I wouldn't blame Valve.
Actually from what I understand, they (Adobe not valve) could have ceased service ahead of the deadline and refunded ahead of the deadline. They chose not to, so yeah, I can blame them.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 3, 2019, 22:53 Dev

I knew PLA was one of the best filaments to print indoors with and that if I wanted to print ABS I should print in like garage or something.

However I didn't expect laser printers were 100 ! times the emissions. Copiers more like 200 times. And still way more even than the ABS.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

24. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 21, 2019, 12:20 Dev

SabreT wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 11:36:
licensedsaucer9 wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 10:50:
SabreT wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 10:45:
Wish all the uniformed parrots thinking that Fortnite is Epic's main source of revenue would just shut up. Do a bit of research yourself ffs.

I am aware that Epic have other revenue streams, but it is news to me that Fortnite is not the main one. Do you have any more information? I found this https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/fortnite-earned-annual-revenue-game-history-2018/ but it is not current.

www.cnbc.com/2018/12/14/the-reason-epic-landed-a-15-billion-valuation-is-not-fortnite-success.html
All that says is that there's a lot of hope around using unreal engine in other non gaming sectors in the future... nothing concrete yet.

However, it did mention something I found interesting, PUBG is paying them a percentage in royalties of all sales because they use unreal engine! LOL

News Comments > Overland Released

1. Re: Overland Released Sep 20, 2019, 21:24 Dev

Ouch, mixed 53%  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2019, 15:20 Dev

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 13:16:
Making CS:GO f2p must have affected valves bottom line.
It doesn't show microtransactions

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC

50. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 6, 2019, 09:48 Dev

I mean... one could just wait until release and reviews to see if the SP content was screwed over from decision to add MP after launch. And at that point make the buy decision.  

News Comments > Half-Life VR Game Source Code Discovered

5. Re: Half-Life VR Game Source Code Discovered Sep 6, 2019, 09:33 Dev

Drawing attention to them is a good way to get those assets removed...

Also, valve has had similar leaks like this before, sometimes it led to things, sometimes it didn't. Just depends if the desks are wheeled long enough to anywhere that matters.

Valve did say something about they had a couple games due to come out within a year for the index, as I recall. A VR stand in place wave shooter with HL assets would be an easy way to do one.

News Comments > Siege of Centauri Next Week

5. Re: Siege of Centauri Next Week Sep 6, 2019, 09:03 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 19:20:
Picked this up when it went into EA. Pretty bog standard TD game IMO.
Hopefully they have made some changes to make it more interesting.
Same, and I gave them some feedback to that effect prior to it hitting EA, that they really needed to emphasize any distinguishing factors. Haven't tried it since.

Edit: Has a 75% mostly positive rating. So I guess we'll see. Most of the negatives are saying similar things and are from earlier, nothing too recent.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III - Villains of Star Control: Origins Released

1. Re: Galactic Civilizations III - Villains of Star Control: Origins Released Aug 28, 2019, 09:32 Dev

This story reminded me to search for news on star control. Somehow I missed that the legal stuff was amicably settled. That's great news, because yes, I'd still like to play the additional future star control game from the two guys. Sounds like it's a few years off... which is basically what I thought, that it was in the concept stages still.  

News Comments > Stardock, Paul, and Fred Settle Star Control Lawsuits

11. Re: Stardock, Paul, and Fred Settle Star Control Lawsuits Aug 28, 2019, 09:28 Dev

I don't know how I missed this. I was just searching blues for star control news since I was wondering if anything happened.

Glad to hear it was all resolved.

Stardock dropped all its alien name and character trademarks and all parties have dropped their oppositions to each otherís trademarks.

Both sides recognize each otherís copyrights and will not challenge them in the future.

We were able to come to a very specific understanding on the alien characters and races ó how they look and act. Stardock is dropping all trademark registration of the alien names and won't use the described aliens without permission from Paul & Fred.

Well that looks an awful lot like what Brad was saying he wanted to do prior to all this crap.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 24, 2019, 23:48 Dev

yonder wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 22:35:
You could try using already-existing, already-superior software.
Such as what? I've never found anything superior to that

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2019, 23:24 Dev

I mean humble tried to do that for a while with direct steam account linking and not showing keys.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers

20. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 9, 2019, 20:26 Dev

There's some free services that give disposable emails that are live for only a few mins, google will find them.

I use spamgourmet which lets you have unlimited email addresses that forward to your real address. It's free, and I've used it for many years.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact

107. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 23:12 Dev

Price reduction?
HAHAHAAHAAHAAHAH.
Exactly ONE game has done that.
And most publishers/developers aren't going to, because either they have contracts signed that they can't differ prices between stores, or they won't want to cannibalize sales that way.

News Comments > They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty

9. Re: They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty Jun 24, 2019, 07:36 Dev

Blue,
The game is already patched to 1.07, past 1.05 as of several days ago.
The way this story is worded implies they haven't yet and are about to.

Can also see this quote from linked story:
"To force the update just restart the Steam client. It should be now the 1.0.5."

7302 Comments. 366 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >