Descending
Limit Results:

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
Feb 20, 2006, 11:26
No subject Feb 20, 2006, 11:26
Feb 20, 2006, 11:26

I think T:V was an attempt to make a Single Player Tribes game...and I think they succeeded in that. The game was fun with a good story in single player. What other reason would you hire a company that is known for there single player story based games. If you wanted to make a multiplayer only game hire another company to do it.

As for tribes 1&2 being fast paced...if you knew what you were doing both games were INSANELY fast paced. Dangerous Crossing was one of the quickest craziest maps I have EVER played in a 1st person shooter. Some maps like Broadside were made for defensive conflict...with sneakyness and close quarters inside fighting. That is what was great!!

Lastly the capture and hold gameplay was awesome in tribes!! They had underground bases...bases in the air... and bases on the ground all in one map!!!

For those saying Quake Wars isn't gonna be original....you are half right. However NO other game has had the same level of OBJ based maps and Experience system. So a nod for splash dmg being innovative is definetly there.

One last thing...tribes did have a very competitive year...it was released on Xmas EVE at the same time as Baulders Gate 1....I remember this cause I bought both games thinking BG was gonna be the one I played a ton. But tribes was the game that took over for the next year or so! It was AWESOME!

No subject
Feb 19, 2006, 16:50
No subject Feb 19, 2006, 16:50
Feb 19, 2006, 16:50

I agree with the guy that said mods killed the early tribes games. The base game was perfectly balanced and insanely playable for both games. Then they start adding lame stuff like portable backpack scouts, and personal force fields...blah blah ruin the game why don't ya.

On the new tribes...with the popularity of digitial distribution through steam. Garage games could possibly build up a tribes game offer lets say 6-10 maps in the intial release and charge 20 bucks. I know tribes 1 and 2 are free but...the problem is people. You make a newer version of tribes charge a lower price and the people will be there....thus bring back the hardcores like me! I would still play tribes 2 but only dumb gamemodes or stupid mods are being played. I want my "base" mode back with full servers!!! One can dream!

Re: No subject
Feb 15, 2006, 22:11
Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 22:11
Feb 15, 2006, 22:11

Battlefield series gameplay = run, fly, drive around in circles sitting by a flag for 10 secs and move on to the next point, rinse and repeat.

Quake Wars gameplay = run, fly, drive as a TEAM to complete actual OBJECTIVES that require TEAMWORK to complete. Maps have choke points that create conflict.

Tell yourself honestly who is gonna win?!

I do think a sci-fi bf could be cool...but it should have came out when BF2 came out rather than competition to quake wars...or lack of.

Re: Excellent
Jan 29, 2006, 15:50
Re: Excellent Jan 29, 2006, 15:50
Jan 29, 2006, 15:50

OK...ok the argument about games being to expensive again. You say you liked Battlefield 2?? You think you have put in 50 hours playing it? That is $1 an hour!!! Where in the HELL are you gonna get $1 an hour entertainment? Movie Theaters at least 5 bucks an hour and ya don't own the movie, Rent a movie 4 bucks and ya don't own the movie, the list goes on and on. Just be choosey with the games you buy!!

As for being able to return the product. I worked retail at an EB for 4 years when I was younger and the return policy was 10 days if opened. I would say 2 out of 10 of those returns were because the game didn't work. The other returns were people with no lives that would play the game for 50 hours straight...then return it. I litterally saw the same guy return game after game and ended up playing 15-20 different games for his $50 bucks....how does this help the industry?????

Re: $
Jan 28, 2006, 20:12
Re: $ Jan 28, 2006, 20:12
Jan 28, 2006, 20:12

I honestly can't believe you are saying Bethesda comes out with finished miticulous games. Have you ever played Daggerfall?? That was one of the buggiest games to EVER get released. They also take 5 years to make a game!!

I want you to boycott all the big corp's Ubisoft, EA, Activision and see if you will be playing any good games. Love them or hate them they make the best quality games.

As for being greedy? HELL yeah they are greedy cause they are in the business of MAKING MONEY. They have shareholders to please...have you EVER seen EA's stock the day after a game is delayed??

I haven't worked for any of the big companies but I have heard...they don't treat there employees really well. This is because there employees are mostly the younger generation that are happy to get paid doing something they would probably be doing for free! If ya don't like it go become a salesman or something!

Re: Anyone have feedback on the GAME?
Jan 28, 2006, 18:28
Re: Anyone have feedback on the GAME? Jan 28, 2006, 18:28
Jan 28, 2006, 18:28

Dagok - If you liked all the C&C games especially Generals or warcraft 3. And if you like fast gameplay with a lot of micormangement you will love this game. I was a fan of the first LOTR..but only for it's single player. Multi sucked in that game with the pre-made bases.

This game fixes everything I didn't like about the first and adds a bunch of new stuff like custom heroes, 6 sides!, TONs of powers, Ring heroes,etc,etc

It's a great game...I am buying it.

This could quite be the best RTS year EVER with 2 great ones coming out in the first 3 months Empire at War and BFME2. Then you have the possible release of Supreme Commander....YES!

Re: No subject
Jan 28, 2006, 14:31
Re: No subject Jan 28, 2006, 14:31
Jan 28, 2006, 14:31

All the bitches that complain about paying a few bucks a month for a great service like Fileplanet, are all the same dumbasses that think paying 15 bucks a month is too much to play an online game. Just eat a few less burgers a month and you have paid for the service. Playing a game MONTHS before it comes out is worth every penny I pay for fileplanet. DO you know how much money I have saved from playing betas....finding out the game sucks balls....and not buying it. Where I would have bought it if I didn't play it yet? I am just glad this world isn't totally full of cheap bastards.

BORING........
Jan 10, 2006, 12:31
BORING........ Jan 10, 2006, 12:31
Jan 10, 2006, 12:31

This game has got to be one of the most pointless games ever. The story is horrible and running around eating brains gets old about 20 mins into the game. I am talking about the full version mind you. Don't waste the time!!! The oldies music with new bands was pretty clever however!

No subject
Jan 6, 2006, 18:58
No subject Jan 6, 2006, 18:58
Jan 6, 2006, 18:58

I am in the beta...it's way cool fixed just about everything that was wrong with the first one multiplayer wise. On the topic of special editions I have the Special Collectors Edition of C&C: Red Alert the first one!!

Re: Quake Wars: ET
Aug 11, 2005, 23:49
Re: Quake Wars: ET Aug 11, 2005, 23:49
Aug 11, 2005, 23:49

I do agree that Tribes was an awesome game...and there was teamplay. However 1 guy could pretty much do major damage in that game. If you were an awesome flagrunner you could grab the flag by your lonesome and get back to base to score. Yes, before ya say it I know that you needed to have a defense to defend your flag, but a flagrunner really didn't need anyone's help to get the flag. What I was getting at with ET is how dependant the classes were on each other...and how dependant the map and obj's were on how well you worked together! I need ammo, I need a medic, we need an engineer, we need a covert ops. That is what I call needing teamwork!!!

Yes!!! Tribes own's the bind commands...Hi...BYE..with animations!!! Screw talking voice chat I can get my point across faster with damn bindings!

I am not dissing tribes at all...one of the best games ever and just one of those games you feel like it could never be matched in it's area.

Quake Wars: ET
Aug 11, 2005, 20:14
Quake Wars: ET Aug 11, 2005, 20:14
Aug 11, 2005, 20:14

Scorp I think the something new you are looking for is Quake Wars:ET. If it can pull off the obj based maps,teamplay and scoring of the first ET, while tossing in vehicles and 2 sides while remaining balanced....you have your something NEW. Name 1 game that has done that? Actually name 1 game that has even come close to the teamplay that ET requires.

Re: What in the hell do you people want?
Aug 11, 2005, 19:12
Re: What in the hell do you people want? Aug 11, 2005, 19:12
Aug 11, 2005, 19:12

I just love how you leave out the part of my post when I said HL2 wasn't any FUN!!! I play games for fun...I am not a developer I don't give a shit if the game has 1 lighting mistake or this 1 texture is a bit odd looking. If the game is FUN I will play it. Who the hell cares about how original/unoriginal something is. I am obviously not alone in the fact that I like to play the same games with just better gfx,sound, and features. Again as long as it remains FUN!!!

About HL2 I know people loved the game!!! I am just pointing out that most people that are bitching about originality would say they loved that game. But really is it anything different than shooters of the past?? Nope it's just an update.

What in the hell do you people want?
Aug 11, 2005, 18:49
What in the hell do you people want? Aug 11, 2005, 18:49
Aug 11, 2005, 18:49

I don't get it....First person shooters are about running around and shooting stuff. Whatever happend to the kickass Doom2 and Quake 1 days!!!!?! I have no idea what you guys want out of a shooter game. Everytime a new game is announced or release's new footage/screenshots everyone bitches about how pathetic it looks and how this could be better blah blah blah. Then the game comes out and sells a million copies. It sure looks like you guys know what makes a good game and those developers that sell millions of copies don't. I am not a troll...I am just wondering what the hell would please any of you guys?!?! And about people bitching about COD...ask the million people that bought it whether they liked it or not. That game kicked ass as will COD2. Everyone has there favorites but most people posting on this topic sound like they are soooo far from being a 1st person shooter fan that they should stick to online poker.

I wish it looked like COD:QUAKE
Aug 11, 2005, 17:22
I wish it looked like COD:QUAKE Aug 11, 2005, 17:22
Aug 11, 2005, 17:22

I watched the video ya...didn't actually look that great. The earlier e3 video looked a helluva lot better I think. I only wish this was COD:Quake....that game would kick so much ass. Have any of you seen the new COD2 video with the beach landing....that video is amazing...talk about atomsphere Infinity Ward knows what is up!

And for all of you bitching about how unoriginal shooters are now, who gives a damn as long as its fun!! Everyone seems to think HL2 is gods gift but in reality Half-Life 2 was not a bit original and I actually got bored about 75% into it and never finished it. It just wasn't any fun...too many levels were WAY drawn out just to make the game longer. Give me a break like 10 levels driving a damn boat around...boring!!

Lastly the real next kickass quake game is gonna be Quake Wars...ET is still the best team based multiplayer game out there.

Re: Linux Server
Nov 30, 2004, 16:42
Re: Linux Server Nov 30, 2004, 16:42
Nov 30, 2004, 16:42

If you can prove to me that Valve is not being greedy after this post I give you props.

1. People don't realize the potential advertising that that cybercafe's do for the game company and it's game. Oh wait some companys do...NVIDIA-ELECTRONIC ARTS-MICROSOFT-INTEL-AMD-LUCASARTS-NOVALOGIC-ETC- These are HUGE companies and they don't charge cybercafes outrageous fees to use there games or product in this setting. They actuallly give FREE software and hardware cause they understand that FREE advertising can't be passed up.

2. Valve must not realize this but 5 years ago HL multiplayer sucked and nobody knew about Counter-Strike. I would bet that AT LEAST 10% of the people who played Counter-strike for the first time played at a Cybercafe or heard from a friend that played it there.

3. Valve is THE MAN in this situation and cybercafes are the little guys. We don't make a ton of money like most people think, actually most barely make it. It is a fun hobby job that gives lots and lots of people oppurtunity to play stuff they might not be able to with friends. But ya know what the way valve is handling things they are gonna close more stores and make less money overall. It's not just because of what they are doing, but if others see they can charge these fees every other company is gonna charge and fees will be so high every cybercafe will be gone.

4. The idea about DVD movies. Hollywood and Blockbuster get a bulk deal on their dvd's don't they?? Then they turn around and sell the dvd when they are done renting it for how much they paid!!! So basically they are making tons of money being able to rent then sell the same DVD! I don't claim to know the licensing deals they have but I bet it is more favorable to them then the movie studios.

5. Lastly people point out movie theaters. Now IF and only if a cybercafe got the game 6 MONTHS before the normal public did. It would be ok to pay these developers big fees, because the place would be packed all the time. A game they can't play at home for another 6 months yeah!!!
This will never happen, but it gets the point accross.

So all in all cybercafes are the little people and THE MAN is trying to squash them with their greedy little hands. Kill the hand that helped make you popular. Those Bastards!!!!

-supyos

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older