Descending
Limit Results:

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Nov 26, 2004, 10:02
Re: No subject Nov 26, 2004, 10:02
Nov 26, 2004, 10:02

EQ and WoW cater to two different crowds on the extreme ends. Both are good games. I am currently playing EQ and plan on getting WoW real soon. A see a few people doing this.

EQ seems to appeal to cooperative but serious play. On launch there seems to be a ton of things to see and explore. If people are camping something, I feel they are wasting thier time not actually seeing the rest of the game. But people are usually the only problems I have in these games. Right now in EQ2, everyone is learning no one has taken over any servers yet, however I see the fringes of the uber-guilds coming in slowly. The only other problem I had before I got another 512MB RAm was zoning. It took minutes to zone sometimes with just 512 in my system to start, and it would get slower.

Overall though, the EQ2 experience has been good. Just so much to see and do. The moment I have to camp to do something, is the day I leave the game. I left the first EQ in a month due to this and people's attitudes.

WoW on the other hand is much more fast paced, but has less depth. I really want WoW for the PvP aspects. I can care less for killing mobs or doing quests here, but I will have to suffer through them as I did in DAoC to get to the good stuff. Even on the highest graphic settings, I was not even able to make WoW flinch. This will be good in PvP battles, and a bonus for the game overall.

So, WoW for people smashing. EQ for lots of things to see and do without worries.

I'm sure both will have thier share of jerks. But thats true with any online annoymous community (just that the EQ1 uber-gear jerks stand out more than others).

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older