Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1982 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 1, 2016, 10:11 Dmitri_M

Micro-management from a boss is survivable. As long as you learn to not care about the job and just pull your pay cheque.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2016, 10:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Christmas Eve Legal Briefs
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 25, 2015, 10:58 Dmitri_M

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 12:45:
Sicario

Watch this a few days ago. It was fine, but made no impression on me. Every third page of the script seemed to have been removed. Del Toro looking moody. Waste of a good cast.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 19, 2015, 17:43 Dmitri_M

Couldn't get into the second game. There didn't feel like there was much to it. Outside of the beautiful setting. This seems to be much the same.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege HD Pack
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 17, 2015, 15:01 Dmitri_M

Everytime I go to the main menu (SP or MP) the game sits loading for more than two minutes. Seems to be connecting to some server. Really really bad execution. I mean, going to the main menu takes longer to load than entering a map..

There are other issues too. Directional sound seems partially broken too. Which is tragic in a title like this. How can you react fast if the sound of gunfire is coming from the wrong direction.

All this is a sha,e really because it's quite a cool hybrid action/tactical shooter.

I say that as a Ravenshield and prior fan. The MP has that same brutal one shot and you're dead feel of the older titles, and the AI terrorist hunt isn't half bad.

News Comments > DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed
16. Re: DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed Dec 16, 2015, 04:52 Dmitri_M

ArmA has been in early access since 2001 when Operation Flashpoint was released. The engine dates from 1999. They've been iterating on it since then.

They didn't touch the animation system until ArmA 3. That's more than a decade of clunky movement.

That DayZ is still in early access does not surprise me.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
36. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 14:54 Dmitri_M

I'm enjoying the game. Rapidly advancing through racks. Probably I'll stop when I hit 50, but then I'll be tired of it. Did the same with BF3. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan but the sci-fi setting is different enough that I like it.  

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
17. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 14, 2015, 12:01 Dmitri_M

I think I bought Starcraft 2. But I can't remember.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 6, 2015, 21:57 Dmitri_M

Madness. He spent more after he "saw the product mature". Like a fruit that's fallen off a tree "matures" after a few days in the sun run through by insects?  

News Comments > Prison Architect Released
7. Re: Prison Architect Released Oct 7, 2015, 03:19 Dmitri_M

Genuinely good game, with actual game play far exceeding most indie titles. I've gotten my money's worth out of this over the past few years.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2015, 07:52 Dmitri_M

Quboid wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 19:58:
Why did this guy think he was entitled to skip the queue in the first place?

It's a safety thing for bikers. Moving forward in the queue puts a stationary car at your back as a buffer against a car that doesn't stop quickly enough or even notice a stationary bike at the tail of a queue.

I started riding a motorbike recently. Used to watch bikes skip to the front of the queue all the time as a car driver and found it annoying - till I started riding and realised why they do it. Sitting at the back of the queue and watching a car shooting up from the rear while you're sitting defenselessly at a traffic ride can be creepy.

Motorbikes are perpetually trying to escape cars more for safety than anything else.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 11:50.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
73. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 2, 2015, 08:48 Dmitri_M

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:33:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:35:
I really enjoy this game!
It figures that you'd like a casual game like this whilst zealously bashing Star Citizen, a game with depth.

Go back to benchmarking your quad sli sex substitute while googling for youtube videos of cats star citizen fan!

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
27. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 08:09 Dmitri_M

I'll get this after I've gotten my money's worth from Mad Max.

ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:49:
Sounds made up by a 5 year old.

Well apparently it was designed by a Japanese guy for consoles.

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
18. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Sep 1, 2015, 03:58 Dmitri_M

So what's the port like? I've never played a MGS game and I'm thinking of getting this.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
58. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 07:49 Dmitri_M

Beautiful art. They are going to create 100s of hubs like this all with different looks?  

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
15. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 13:52 Dmitri_M

I have it, and it feels much more of a homage to Syndicate than a Syndicate clone of sorts.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2015, 11:11 Dmitri_M

I liked the second. But think overall that Tim Burton would be better off creating 30 minute short films. His concepts are too high for any real narrative follow through.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 11:04 Dmitri_M

Not an RPG fan, but this is great news.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 21, 2015, 08:10 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 04:18:
Obviously some games are better than others for this, but I think you could make great movies out of Fallout, Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls, etc., i.e. any game with great world building and built in antagonists.
These may be better to adapt into films, but really that's because they are so successfully derivative of the books/films other media they're copying. Films based on video games are a derivative of something that story wise was a water downed derivative to begin with. Yeah that's not always 100% the case, for the most part games are about interactivity and the narrative is an afterthought, little more than a framework to hang the interactivity from. I bet you could pull single moments from games that are great story wise, but in nearly every game narrative will be compromised in favor of gameplay pacing.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
18. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 15:46 Dmitri_M

Task wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 13:55:
I really like the music. That 80s style synth pop, electric cyberpunk music. Reminds me of Bladerunner or something else I can't quite place my finger on...

It's reminding you of old VHS tape covers stained by greasy fingers housing unmentionable sequel cyborg horrors, slutty leather and pulsating 'riod muscle.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2015, 07:32 Dmitri_M

I don't know why Americans think it's ok for young people to easily access firearms. As though they were toys. Perhaps I'm generalising too much and that most of these shootings by young people are individual families with poor discipline related to firearms. But it does seem like your cultural has a lenient attitude towards guns.

Teenagers with questionable judgement, personalities that aren't fully formed etc seem to be able obtain firearms easier than getting a drivers license or alcohol.

1982 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo