Total Posts
3226 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3226 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    162  ] Older

Re: New GM to Tackle BioWare's Reputation
Jun 16, 2021, 10:38
Re: New GM to Tackle BioWare's Reputation Jun 16, 2021, 10:38
Jun 16, 2021, 10:38

It's a bit tone-deaf to hear someone who claims to want to rebuild the company's reputation list his EA experience as a positive.

Re: Australia Supporting Game Development
May 6, 2021, 19:40
Re: Australia Supporting Game Development May 6, 2021, 19:40
May 6, 2021, 19:40

Maybe if they committed to an actually decent national internet service companies might consider developing games there.

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
May 5, 2021, 19:43
Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 5, 2021, 19:43
May 5, 2021, 19:43

I like how they skip straight past the "Is Esports Segregated", assume it is, and then jump into the why - without actually looking into the details. For example, they talk about there only being 1 black guy in professional LoL in NA, completely ignoring the fact that literally half of the players are imported from outside of NA. Why don't they talk about the fact that the number of asians playing professional LoL is far greater than the percentage of asians in the NA population? It's so annoying that "diverse" seems to only mean "more blacks". Sure, that's a worthy goal, but it misses the forest for the trees.

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Apr 25, 2021, 03:38
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 25, 2021, 03:38
Apr 25, 2021, 03:38

Prez wrote on Apr 23, 2021, 21:03:
That article leaves a big question about the skill level of the female gamers. Choosing a female gamer simply because she's a female gamer is stupid. I asked my daughter, who avidly follows the Overwatch League with me, why all of the teams in the top leagues are men. She said flat out because the men are just better. She plays in Diamond tier and she said 99 out of 100 god-tier players on that level and above are men. Neither of us follow Hearthstone so I can't be sure, but I get the sense that the discrepancy in skill levels is harder to explain away given how much rng is involved. There's no excuse for the toxicity though. Internet anonymity is one thing, but when Blizzard knows who they are and does nothing it just proves Blizzard is all talk and no action.

If you are going for a purely competitive system, sure, but based on the article, the people chosen for this event are "Hearthstone personalities". That doesn't make it sound like they are choosing based on skill. I'm not sure what their criteria was, so maybe there's still a valid reason for why they ended up with 18 men and 2 women. But Hearthstone has had a woman win the World Championship (again, according to the article), so you would think they wouldn't have a hard time finding female "personalities" who had the skills to be competitive in their tournament.

Re: Fallout 4 DLC Lawsuit
Feb 23, 2021, 20:24
Re: Fallout 4 DLC Lawsuit Feb 23, 2021, 20:24
Feb 23, 2021, 20:24

There are 3rd party mods on CC, but there are also some that are developed by Bethesda themselves. With that being true, there is definitely a case here. Bethesda seems to be relying on a legal defense of "they aren't DLC", but I can't see a judge actually buying that.

Re: Stadia to Add 100+ Games in 2021
Feb 13, 2021, 11:17
Re: Stadia to Add 100+ Games in 2021 Feb 13, 2021, 11:17
Feb 13, 2021, 11:17

PHJF wrote on Feb 12, 2021, 19:23:
HoSpanky wrote on Feb 12, 2021, 18:26:
But they won’t be adding Terraria to it.

It really must sting, not getting a ten-year-old game on your cutting edge platform...

Let me fix that for you...

"It really must sting , not getting one of the best selling games of all time (#6 all-time selling on PC) on your barely used platform..."

There, now it's accurate.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Feb 12, 2021, 04:30
Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 12, 2021, 04:30
Feb 12, 2021, 04:30

sliv wrote on Feb 11, 2021, 22:56:
Dude, you're right, we won't meet in the middle because you're not going to budge, but keep blaming everyone else.

Here's the situation. The Republicans and Democrats are in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. The Republicans want to drill a 4 inch hole in the bottom of the boat. The Democrats don't want to drill a hole at all. Your - and by extension the current Republican party - solution is to "meet in the middle" and only drill a 2 inch hole.

No, fuck that. The Republican hypocrisy on this issue is just over the top. "Unity" only works if people are looking out for the collective general good. Republicans only seem interested in themselves how they can take personal advantage of a situation. Hell, only days after swearing an oath to be impartial, Republican senators are meeting with Trump's lawyers to go over his defense strategy. If they can't look past their own interests to do what's best for the country, there is absolutely no reason to ever consider budging on our issues in the name of a "unity" they don't give a shit about.

Re: Epic Games Store Plans Many More Exclusives
Feb 8, 2021, 04:16
Re: Epic Games Store Plans Many More Exclusives Feb 8, 2021, 04:16
Feb 8, 2021, 04:16

Kxmode wrote on Feb 8, 2021, 01:14:
That's easy to demonstrate--I bought *at release!* (not a firesale) The Outer Worlds through Epic simply because the developer decided to put it there and on the Microsoft store and nowhere else for a solid year. If Steam doesn't want to compete for a developer's business then why should a developer stick with Steam--when the EGS gives them so much more? TOW developers put it there--it wasn't Epic's decision at all. When I bought the game on Epic, I paid $10 less (a 25% reduction) than it would have cost me on the Microsoft store, and when I bought the first expansion for $5 from Epic (a 66% reduction) instead of the $15 the Microsoft store wanted to charge--that made Epic the most competitive, customer-friendly site for purchasing The Outer Worlds. It still is, incredibly. The EGS version is also 100% DRM free, btw. The Microsoft store festooned the game with so much DRM it was buried in it--mods wouldn't even work--it was really a very poor customer experience. Epic gave me a better price than Microsoft & stripped out all of that gosh-awful DRM!

That's the kind of competition that means something to me...;) It's real--none of the silly "lists versus shortcuts" nonsense. Please. Almost forgot to mention that the game runs wonderfully from it's own exe or exe shortcut, if you want. Epic launcher not required. (Just like GOG titles.) But if you need a hand-hold, the EGS has a "library" just like Steamworks from which you can run your games--for those who prefer lists, etc.

Lots of people in this thread seem to be trying really hard to create a hate-on for the Epic games store. All sounds very half-hearted to me, however. At the end of the day, the Epic store is just another place to buy games--and you can't blame Epic for making the EGS more attractive to developers than Steam apparently is willing to do! It's called "competition," Gabe--in case you had a question about it.

My favorite distributor is still GOG, because of two reasons: 1) GOG prohibits all games sold to paying customers to include copy-protection/DRM (Steam does not make any stand on DRM and is happy to supply it if the developer wants to mess up his game with it.) 2) GOG is the only service out of all of them that sells games the old-fashioned way--by including an installable copy of every game it sells for those customers who want them--something we always got before the online distributors took over game sales.

But if developers choose to go exclusive with the EGS because Epic offers them better terms than Steam or GOG or anyone else--and it's a game I want and the EGS will discount it to *me*--a customer--and there's no copy protection to boot--well, I'd be one big dummy if I didn't buy the game from Epic...;) It really isn't a difficult decision to make.

Competition is great--and will result in lower game prices for consumers--which means that we can all buy more games! Developers sell more copies because better customer incentives and customers get price breaks--everybody wins! I'd kind of like to see GOG get a bit more aggressive like that. But I would definitely like to see Steam squirming for awhile--it's time to get off your considerable duff Gabe, get out of New Zealand, and start competing for developer's business with Epic. I mean, if you won't compete, GABE, we have to ask why, eh?

Your reply is probably the best case for EGS providing competition that I've read from anyone on this site. That said, Epic needs to bring their platform up to snuff with Steam. That's who Tim has genuinely targetted for competition. If he wants to lure consumers away from Steam, EGS needs to be like Steam. It is still missing many features like community forums, a shopping cart, ratings, etc. Once EGS reaches that, it will feel like a minimum viable product that can genuinely compete against Steam.

Wait, really? His entire reply seems to be "EGS is better than Microsoft". Well, duh, every store is better than Microsoft's, because theirs is terrible. That doesn't make EGS good, just not horrible. None of the "pros" he lists for EGS are negatives for Steam in any way. The price for The Outer Worlds is identical on Steam and Epic Games. The price of the "expansion pass" is identical. The price of the DLC is identical. The only advantage EGS gave over Steam for The Outer Worlds was paying for the 1 year exclusivity. To say that is "EGS providing competition" is ludicrous. Cherry-picking results vs the worst online store for PC gaming does nothing to make EGS actually look good.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix
Feb 7, 2021, 10:26
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix Feb 7, 2021, 10:26
Feb 7, 2021, 10:26

Acleacius wrote on Feb 7, 2021, 06:50:
On the roof when asked to choose, choose nothing and after about 5 min, you get a new offer.

Just a further add, you have to have made the correct conversation choices with Johnny for that ending to become available.

Feb 6, 2021, 00:45
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix Feb 6, 2021, 00:45
Feb 6, 2021, 00:45

Acleacius wrote on Feb 5, 2021, 17:19:
Still haven't been able to confirm if we need to start a new game, since it was directly related to savegames.
If anyone finds mention, link please, thanks.

You don't need to start a new game, it only related to savegames if someone deliberately corrupted and shared a savegame that you then tried to run. The problem wasn't in saves themselves, just in the dll(s) that read them.

Jan 28, 2021, 13:08
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix Jan 28, 2021, 13:08
Jan 28, 2021, 13:08

Acleacius wrote on Jan 28, 2021, 12:57:
What is the Item Randomization issue with 1.10 they said they are fixing?

Prior to 1.1 when bosses died, they would drop random loot. If you saved before looting, you could check what loot they had, and then reload if you didn't get anything good. This applied to the tier of the loot (epic vs legendary, etc) as well as the number of mod slots. With 1.1 they changed loot to be static. They have now reverted that change. This allows people to "save scum" for loot. However the static changes had made it difficult, if not impossible, to get some type(s) of loot.

Re: etc., etc.
Jan 26, 2021, 19:34
Re: etc., etc. Jan 26, 2021, 19:34
Jan 26, 2021, 19:34

I'm trying to think of a worse casting choice than Kevin Hart as Roland, but I can't. What a fucking idiotic choice. Roland's supposed to be a serious, charismatic leader, not a fucking clown.

Re: Op Ed
Jan 23, 2021, 14:17
Re: Op Ed Jan 23, 2021, 14:17
Jan 23, 2021, 14:17

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 13:28:
Good lord that is a whiny article by Harlequin who I can only determine to be a butthurt fanboy upset by people pointing out what is wrong with the game. {insert Leave Britney Alone meme}

Just take out "CDPR" and put in "Epic Games", and I'm sure you'll immediately jump to his side, as he's putting in the same "passionate defense" of them that you always do for Epic's store.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Patched
Jan 23, 2021, 14:05
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Patched Jan 23, 2021, 14:05
Jan 23, 2021, 14:05

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 13:13:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 05:07:
So after almost 2 months they fixed ONE out of NINE of the game breaking bugs I encountered ( and bug reported to them in details ).

At this rate, they won't be done even a year from now. LOL

9 (or 8 I guess, now) game breaking bugs? Are you playing on PC?

I know, right? I've literally finished the entire game twice, and haven't run into a game breaking bug once. Lots of minor bugs, sure, but not a single one of them could be even remotely considered game breaking. For someone to run into 9, they'd have to be extremely unlucky, or making things up. Based on the fact they consider Dec 10 - Jan 22 "almost 2 months", I'm going to go with the latter.

Re: Echoes of the Atlas is Path of Exile's Most Successful Expansion
Jan 22, 2021, 17:22
Re: Echoes of the Atlas is Path of Exile's Most Successful Expansion Jan 22, 2021, 17:22
Jan 22, 2021, 17:22

Jivaro wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 16:38:
I haven't logged in yet to try it out because historically I have had a lot of issues in the first few weeks of a new xpac. (hardly unique to PoE) Gotta put it on the "need to get into again" list. Love me some brainless arpg sometimes.

This is probably the smoothest launch in many expansions. There were definitely a few issues, but a lot less than has (had?) become "normal". Unless you are really unlucky, I would imagine you could fire it up now and be perfectly fine playing.

Re: Op Ed
Jan 22, 2021, 16:02
Re: Op Ed Jan 22, 2021, 16:02
Jan 22, 2021, 16:02

Satoru wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 14:25:
They only objectively good thing in the game is the music.

Ah, yes, the old "my opinion is objective truth" angle. You're welcome to not like the game, and there certainly were bugs aplenty, but a lot of people think there are a lot of good things in the game, so you really have no standing to claim the music is the only "objectively good" thing.

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Jan 10, 2021, 14:13
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 14:13
Jan 10, 2021, 14:13

The Pyro wrote on Jan 10, 2021, 09:22:
Jonjonz wrote on Jan 10, 2021, 06:43:
If Trumpoloon loose stoolies try another unlawful repeat, I hope the feds go full Waco on them.

You seem to be referencing the federal siege of Waco in which more than 70 Americans lost their lives, and you seem to be encouraging a repeat. Isn't this exactly the sort of violence-inciting comment that you think ought to be banned?

What we seem to lack these days is the willingness to give some grace to our political opponents. I'll agree to not take your comment literally if you'll offer me the same courtesy in the future.

While I admire your attempt to try and shift the blame here, it's really hard to understand how you think you have a leg to stand on. How exactly is it "violence-inciting" to suggest that if people again violently break the law, they are met with a much stronger response than previously? You could certainly argue that a "Waco" level response would be over the top - something I'd agree with - but suggesting it, by itself, is inciting violence is just ludicrous. This combined with the fact you seem to want to give these domestic terrorists "some grace" just makes you appear like you are flat-out trolling.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Dec 18, 2020, 20:31
Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2020, 20:31
Dec 18, 2020, 20:31

roguebanshee wrote on Dec 18, 2020, 16:46:
The wording just gives them wiggle room to not ban popular streamers who use the insults. Basically, you can use it if you earn them money, otherwise they may just ban you for "using it outside 'banter' scenarios".

Yeah, as one streamer in the article says, this will just lead to selective enforcement. Which seems to be Twitch's MO these days. Hell, they don't even give a clear indication of why they banned someone, when they do. It's too bad there aren't any decent viable alternatives these days.

removed
Dec 18, 2020, 20:27
removed Dec 18, 2020, 20:27
Dec 18, 2020, 20:27

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Dec 18, 2020, 21:07. Reason: Personal attacks (rule 1)

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Retail Refunds
Dec 18, 2020, 20:01
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Retail Refunds Dec 18, 2020, 20:01
Dec 18, 2020, 20:01

jamiedj99 wrote on Dec 18, 2020, 19:47:
i copy and pasted from bluesnews looks like they spelled it wrong at least that's why and know I now geez I hope they fix it

The tweet was in the form of an image, and someone - presumably Blue - had to transpose it and mis-typed the address. The address in the image in the tweet is correct.
3226 Comments. 162 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    162  ] Older