Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3168 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks

10. Re: Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks Nov 13, 2019, 03:44 Bhruic

I knew Epic would have to look for another revenue stream to fund buying exclusives for their store, but I didn't think this is the route they would take.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews

4. Re: Morning Previews Nov 4, 2019, 14:24 Bhruic

Each of these runs were different, as other players would weave in and out of my game, clearing some areas of monsters before I could get to them.

This is the most worrying comment about the game I've heard so far. I don't want Diablo to be a game where I have to worry about competing for kills with other players - it's not an MMO (or it shouldn't be).

News Comments > The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion

6. Re: The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion Nov 4, 2019, 14:21 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 12:41:
It's popular to hate it in the "hardcore PC players" world, but Sims is actually a fun series if you like to build things.

I always thought the hate was for the never ending stream of nickle-and-diming DLC, not the games themselves.

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

54. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 11:19 Bhruic

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 10:27:
It was "I am no racist, and here's one argument to show you I am not".

Dear god, are racists still trying to use "I'm not racist, I have black friends!" as a defense?

News Comments > U.K. Sales Chart

3. Re: U.K. Sales Chart Sep 16, 2019, 16:38 Bhruic

jdreyer wrote on Sep 16, 2019, 15:36:
Caslon wrote on Sep 16, 2019, 13:34:
Must be a mistake somewhere, there aren't 3 spots taken by the Sims games.

Also, BL3 #1? The UK needs to get with the EGS-hate program.

It's across all platforms. Pretty sure XBox and PS don't have to deal with EGS.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

58. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 21:58 Bhruic

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 21:19:
Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 20:45:
ventry wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 19:57:
Been reading reports of this game uploading at a constant 2Mb/s during play due to the new Denuvo being used. If there is any deviation or interruption the game folds.

Anyone confirm??

You're the second guy in the thread to mention this, so it's certainly a point of worry.

Are they using us to seed others downloading?

Word is that it's the Denuvo copyprotection... Apparently it has to communicate with their servers in order to be constantly decrypting the executable.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Show Announced and Borderlands 3 Launch Party Video

5. Re: Borderlands 3 Show Announced and Borderlands 3 Launch Party Video Sep 7, 2019, 21:54 Bhruic

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 14:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 14:26:
Darks wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 13:19:
Randy bitchford must be really worried this game is gong to fail with how much press they keep trying to shovel at us.

Going by that metric, CDPR must be in all-out panic mode regarding Cyberjunk 2077 with how much press they keep trying to shovel at us.
Peeps throw common sense and logic out the door and twist themselves up in knots when anything Epic is mentioned. It's really an odd epic phenomenon.

And yet if you read the comment chain, you'll note that literally no one mentioned Epic - until you did. Funny how you inject them into everything.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads

22. Re: Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads Sep 4, 2019, 17:49 Bhruic

Slick wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 09:51:
It's probably not a server bandwidth issue, but more an encryption issue. If someone cracked the game from a preload, that would be bad. This used to happen if I'm not mistaken back in the early days of direct downloads.

Preloads generally just download data files. The executable doesn't become available until release day. No executable, no potential for any crack to happen.

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead

55. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 1, 2019, 20:03 Bhruic

This is a really sad situation. It's the result of what I would consider a true Kobayashi Maru - a true no-win scenario. It's easy to jump to knee-jerk reactions that seem like they will solve the problem. Cutter for example, suggests that we don't publish the names of accused unless they've been found guilty in a court of law. On the surface, maybe that makes sense. But you then have to balance it with the fact that one accusation often gives strength and comfort to other people who have been abused, and allows them to come forward and share their story. Not being allowed to accuse someone publicly makes it much harder for police to do their jobs and track down evidence. So the simple solution becomes much more complex. How do you balance someone's right to not be falsely accused against the right to find more victims?

In the same vein, rape allegations are an almost impossible no-win scenario. In the vast majority of cases, there is no evidence that can determine if sex was consensual or forced. Leaving things to the courts means that the majority of rapists go unpunished. As someone who believes in justice, and wants the guilty to be held accountable, that's something I find really bothering. But at the same time, I know for a fact that if we simply accept all rape claims as true, there will be people who weaponize that against people they don't like. That is equally unacceptable. But there really are no better solutions. So we end up stuck in this grey area where most people don't bother going to the police, because it's ineffective, but those people who talk about their alleged rapist publicly get attacked for possibly making the whole thing up.

At the end of the day, I'm just sad that someone lost a brother, or a friend, or whoever he was to the people in his life. He may or may not have been an abuser, but he was still a person, and shouldn't have felt like this was his only option.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

8. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 30, 2019, 07:32 Bhruic

There you have it folks, a big name publisher thinks it's a good thing, so you just know that it must be good for consumers, right?  

News Comments > Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations

48. Re: Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations Aug 27, 2019, 23:11 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 20:37:
Who is calling for prison time?
Oh, right, no one, making your ramble pointless. OJ was found innocent, as a reminder.

OJ was not found innocent, he was found not guilty. As in, there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, not "he didn't do it".

As for the calls for prison time, that's what should happen if the alleged perpetrators are, in fact, guilty. If that can't happen, well, dragging people through the court of public opinion definitely has its downsides.

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive

27. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 13:55 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 13:45:
2) No, they did not say "either you are exclusive or you're not on the platform!" That implies a penalty to not being exclusive. What they said is they don't yet have the resources to handle a game shipping simultaneously on multiple platforms.

From the DARQ developer directly:

I wish the Epic Store would allow indie games to be sold there non-exclusively, as they do with larger, still unreleased games (Cyberpunk 2077), so players can enjoy what they want: a choice.

So yeah, apparently they do say "either you are exclusive or not on our platform".

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive

15. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 13:35 Bhruic

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 13:23:
Epic has done nothing illegal, unethical, immoral, fattening or criminal in their actions.

Sorry, but there will be no testifying, lawsuits or indictments.

Bullshit. It's most likely true they've done nothing illegal or criminal, but they sure as hell are being unethical and immoral. Denying indie developers from being on their platform unless they agree to an exclusion deal is both unethical and immoral.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity

27. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2019, 10:42 Bhruic

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 10:12:
[ Meanwhile EGS has been outspoken in saying they care more about developers than consumers.

I think this post does a good job of pointing out that they don't care about developers either. At least, not indie ones. Unless they can use them to boost their platform with exclusive deals, they can, apparently, fuck right off.

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning

15. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 19:08 Bhruic

DrEvil wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 15:52:
I get what you're saying, but I suspect there's a bit more skill to using the BRUTEs and I think there's nothing wrong with Epic continuing to re-evaluate and tune them.

Someone literally turned off their monitor, and with only someone giving them some vague hints ("aim down") was able to take out 5 people. So no, there really is little skill involved.

If Epic really wanted to give less skilled people a chance, they would introduce skill-based matchmaking. That would allow low-skilled players to play against other low-skilled players, and have a much better chance of getting kills and potentially winning a game. And all while not fucking over the game for the high-skilled players. But that's probably more work than Epic is willing to put in, much easier to just slap an "I win" item into the game.

News Comments > King's Bounty II Revealed

7. Re: King's Bounty II Revealed Aug 15, 2019, 10:22 Bhruic

I really love this series, but I hope they put more effort into polish/post-game support this time. The last couple of games have been really buggy, and a lot of the bugs haven't been fixed. They've been really lack-luster in the patching department.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2019, 19:15 Bhruic

Xero wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 12:13:
Video games aren't to blame.

No one, barring a few nutjobs, actually thinks video games are to blame. The majority of people blaming video games don't think video games are to blame. This is nothing more than trying to shift the conversation to something else, even if it's patently false. People are spending all their time defending video games rather than attacking the people who are opposing any form of gun control. It's put people on the defensive rather than offense, which is the standard NRA playbook post-gun death tragedy.

News Comments > Op Ed

30. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 19:12 Bhruic

I have absolutely no idea who the target audience of this post is. Of course Epic's strategy makes sense... for Epic. They are spending a lot of money now to try and wedge themselves as hard as they can into the slice of the marketplace. And the strategy they have chosen is undoubtedly going to be more effective than most, if not all of the other strategies companies have used.

But that's never been the issue. It's whether they tactics are good for consumers. Epic has been trying to sell the idea that it is good for us really hard, but almost every bullet-point they use is actually something that is good for developers. I'm certainly glad for developers if they get 88% of the profit instead of 70%. But I'm not going to be making any of my purchase decisions based on that. So far I haven't seen any compelling argument to the idea that somehow Epic's store is going to force significant changes on Steam. Or that Epic's store, should it somehow manage to dethrone Steam is going to be any better for consumers than Steam is now. Considering the amount of money I've invested into my Steam account, it would take something monumental to make me want to switch platforms, and I have absolutely no interest in running more and more "store" launchers in the background.

It's also worth noting - and laughing at - the fact that although CLiffski puts forward some of the positives that Epic is doing, he completely ignores the negatives. It's like they don't even exist. You are either for Epic's store, or you support monopolies. That sort of black-and-white approach to the topic is a good indicator that the person has an agenda behind what they are saying.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 27, 2019, 22:47 Bhruic

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 12:10:
3. Don't be an idiot and buy games on release, be mad at yourself.

If no one bought the game at release, they wouldn't have had any money to pay to patch it to get it to the point it's at now. So that's a pretty dumb argument.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 3, 2019, 17:45 Bhruic

To me there are two important parts of pay-to-win.

No, there is only one part of pay-to-win. Can you use money to give yourself a competitive advantage? And the answer, for Artifact, is a resounding "yes".

3168 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >