Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sacrifice
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in theology and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 10, 2018, 23:14 Sacrifice

I enjoyed the Doom remake, but I found it repetitive by the end. While Eternal has some interesting new features, I am not sure that it is enough. I will probably wait for a decent sale.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Flat Heroes Released
2. Re: Flat Heroes Released Aug 2, 2018, 23:18 Sacrifice

It just came out of Early Access. I got it from a bundle over a year ago and it was amusing for a bit in multiplayer. I will have to give it another try now that it is fully released.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
21. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 21:12 Sacrifice

I see a lot of complaints about shovelware on Steam. That may be true, but do people browse directly on Steam for new games? I just use gaming sites like Blues News to find games that I might like.  

News Comments > Mega Man 11 in October
4. Re: Mega Man 11 in October May 30, 2018, 17:11 Sacrifice

I liked the Mega Man series when I was a teen, but I haven't played one in many years. I am curious about this one, I like the updated graphics.  

News Comments > We Happy Few Refused Classification in AU
5. Re: We Happy Few Refused Classification in AU May 22, 2018, 12:24 Sacrifice

Interesting. I've been following the development of We Happy Few for some time and I haven't seen any of this. I am sure it is there, but it is not the main focus.

They should look into the meaning or purpose of the material, not just censor it simply because it is there. It is a screwed up 1984-like society, not a positive society to be emulated.

News Comments > Free Mini Ninjas
10. Re: Free Mini Ninjas May 3, 2018, 13:58 Sacrifice

This is one of the first games I got on Steam. It is pretty good, an ultra-light Assassin Creed if you will. Good for kids too.  

News Comments > M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch
9. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 18, 2018, 12:55 Sacrifice

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 08:56:

I mean.... the game does take place in hell... sadistic torment and deviant debauchery kind of goes without saying.

This view of hell is rooted in medieval religion and finds its ultimate expression in the Divine Comedy. However, Dante's work and its source are tied to questions of theology, morality & wisdom.

Agony appears to be foregoing that and just focusing in on the violence and nudity. So yes, I am leary that this will be an intelligent and thought-provoking game with a good story.

News Comments > M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch
6. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 16, 2018, 19:01 Sacrifice

Time will tell, but I am leery of a game that is overly concerned or focused on violence and nudity. They should instead focus on creating a good story, characters, and most importantly, gameplay.

I like some mature content, but that doesn't save a bad game. A semi-recent example of this is Duke Nukem Forever.

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
9. Re: On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions Mar 16, 2018, 15:30 Sacrifice

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 12:17:
The only Far Cry I played apart from the first game was Blood Dragon. Think Ill keep it that way.

If Blood Dragon didn't have the humour and the atmosphere, it would have been a mediocre game.

I wouldn't judge the Far Cry games on Blood Dragon. It was just a modded and simplified version of the Far Cry 3 that was meant to be a humorous throwback to 80s post-apocalypse films.

I mean, if you just don't like open world FPS games, than maybe the series just isn't for you. However, the games have been good.

Some people didn't like Far Cry 2 as much, but that was because it aimed to be a more realistic survival shooter than an action shooter (it also had a few bugs).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 17:59 Sacrifice

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:52:
Rest in Peace was used before jesus was even a twinkle in Joseph and Marys eye. It has been found inscribed in Hebrew on gravestones dating from the 1st century BC.

That is not completely accurate. There are some Jewish tombstones that quote Isaiah 57:2: Those who live uprightly enter a place of peace; they rest on their beds.

However, RIP is originally Latin and isn't used on tombstones until around the 8th century. Even then, it use doesn't become prominent until the 18th century

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
2. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Sep 23, 2017, 15:57 Sacrifice

Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 13:07:
Has it changed and improved since last year's free weekend to revisit? It was decent, but I hated its battle.net thing.

They've tweaked some characters and added some maps, but the gameplay hasn't changed drastically.

Battle.net is Blizzard's online gaming platform. It is like Steam, but only for Blizzard games. What didn't you like about it? I mean, other than having to run another platform, I find it works decently and is not intrusive.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2017, 10:35.

News Comments > Pathfinder Adventures Released
6. Re: Pathfinder Adventures Released Jun 16, 2017, 12:32 Sacrifice

I recently started playing Elder Scrolls: Legends and I am enjoying it. It was just released on Steam and it is free. I'm not sure why I would want to pay to play Pathfinder. Is the IP known enough to compete with other collectible card games at its price?  

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
3. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming May 18, 2017, 00:05 Sacrifice

You can purchase the "basic" edition of Overwatch for $40: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch

I also really enjoyed the game and played it for countless hours. If you haven't already tried the game, check out the free weekend and see if you like it.

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
7. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 23:44 Sacrifice

HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2017, 20:44:
Of the small indy devs after Grimrock, I would say Fall of the Dungeon Guardians probably did it best. They have some new things going on with UI and Combat that gives it something different.

Despite being a huge fan of dungeon crawlers, I somehow missed Fall of the Dungeon Guardians. I've just added it to my wishlist. Thanks for mentioning it Horrorscope!

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
1. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 11:05 Sacrifice

It looks almost identical to Grimrock. I like dungeon crawlers and will keep an eye on this. Hopefully it isn't just a rip-off.  

News Comments > The Culling Free Weekend
3. Re: The Culling Free Weekend Apr 27, 2017, 11:53 Sacrifice

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 10:46:
I don't think a free weekend will save this game.

I don't buy or play early access games, but I've had the Culling on my wishlist for quite a while.

When I first read your post I was like "What are you talking about?! It has great reviews."

However, now I see the recent reviews. The community does not like any of the changes over the past year.

That is too bad. I will still give it a try with this free weekend though.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2017, 12:38.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2017, 23:04 Sacrifice

I installed Creator's Update early and haven't had any issues. It has a few nice enhancements. That being said, if you are like me and don't care about the new creator apps, there aren't any major changes.

I am looking forward to the Neon Update which will hopefully bring some nice visual enhancements.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Expeditions: Viking
3. Re: Gone Gold - Expeditions: Viking Apr 22, 2017, 11:00 Sacrifice

I've been playing Expeditions: Conquistador during its free weekend. I am liking it so far and I am probably going to buy it.

Reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic, but with RPG and survival elements. Combat is turn based like Heroes and X-Com, but with the added ability to set up barricades and traps.

Vikings is certainly on my wishlist now as well.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
18. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 19:13 Sacrifice

I have mixed feelings about this. As an older RPG gamer, I want to appreciate the classic style and gameplay. I loved Grimrock.

That being said, user interfaces have improved over the years for good reason. Grimoire just seems too busy with the actual zone taking up only a quarter of the screen.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 28, 2017, 09:33 Sacrifice

VR Chess? How about I just play chess in real life?  

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo