Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sacrifice
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in theology and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 192 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 17:59 Sacrifice

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:52:
Rest in Peace was used before jesus was even a twinkle in Joseph and Marys eye. It has been found inscribed in Hebrew on gravestones dating from the 1st century BC.

That is not completely accurate. There are some Jewish tombstones that quote Isaiah 57:2: Those who live uprightly enter a place of peace; they rest on their beds.

However, RIP is originally Latin and isn't used on tombstones until around the 8th century. Even then, it use doesn't become prominent until the 18th century

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
2. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Sep 23, 2017, 15:57 Sacrifice

Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 13:07:
Has it changed and improved since last year's free weekend to revisit? It was decent, but I hated its battle.net thing.

They've tweaked some characters and added some maps, but the gameplay hasn't changed drastically.

Battle.net is Blizzard's online gaming platform. It is like Steam, but only for Blizzard games. What didn't you like about it? I mean, other than having to run another platform, I find it works decently and is not intrusive.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2017, 10:35.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Pathfinder Adventures Released
6. Re: Pathfinder Adventures Released Jun 16, 2017, 12:32 Sacrifice

I recently started playing Elder Scrolls: Legends and I am enjoying it. It was just released on Steam and it is free. I'm not sure why I would want to pay to play Pathfinder. Is the IP known enough to compete with other collectible card games at its price?  

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
3. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming May 18, 2017, 00:05 Sacrifice

You can purchase the "basic" edition of Overwatch for $40: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch

I also really enjoyed the game and played it for countless hours. If you haven't already tried the game, check out the free weekend and see if you like it.

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
7. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 23:44 Sacrifice

HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2017, 20:44:
Of the small indy devs after Grimrock, I would say Fall of the Dungeon Guardians probably did it best. They have some new things going on with UI and Combat that gives it something different.

Despite being a huge fan of dungeon crawlers, I somehow missed Fall of the Dungeon Guardians. I've just added it to my wishlist. Thanks for mentioning it Horrorscope!

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
1. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 11:05 Sacrifice

It looks almost identical to Grimrock. I like dungeon crawlers and will keep an eye on this. Hopefully it isn't just a rip-off.  

News Comments > The Culling Free Weekend
3. Re: The Culling Free Weekend Apr 27, 2017, 11:53 Sacrifice

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 10:46:
I don't think a free weekend will save this game.

I don't buy or play early access games, but I've had the Culling on my wishlist for quite a while.

When I first read your post I was like "What are you talking about?! It has great reviews."

However, now I see the recent reviews. The community does not like any of the changes over the past year.

That is too bad. I will still give it a try with this free weekend though.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2017, 12:38.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2017, 23:04 Sacrifice

I installed Creator's Update early and haven't had any issues. It has a few nice enhancements. That being said, if you are like me and don't care about the new creator apps, there aren't any major changes.

I am looking forward to the Neon Update which will hopefully bring some nice visual enhancements.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Expeditions: Viking
3. Re: Gone Gold - Expeditions: Viking Apr 22, 2017, 11:00 Sacrifice

I've been playing Expeditions: Conquistador during its free weekend. I am liking it so far and I am probably going to buy it.

Reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic, but with RPG and survival elements. Combat is turn based like Heroes and X-Com, but with the added ability to set up barricades and traps.

Vikings is certainly on my wishlist now as well.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
18. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 19:13 Sacrifice

I have mixed feelings about this. As an older RPG gamer, I want to appreciate the classic style and gameplay. I loved Grimrock.

That being said, user interfaces have improved over the years for good reason. Grimoire just seems too busy with the actual zone taking up only a quarter of the screen.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 28, 2017, 09:33 Sacrifice

VR Chess? How about I just play chess in real life?  

News Comments > Overwatch Event and PTR Plans
3. Re: Overwatch Event and PTR Plans Jan 19, 2017, 13:42 Sacrifice

theglaze wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 12:13:
"...and offers no player rewards."

Pardon?

Loot boxes still drop, any items unlocked in PTR are saved to the regular game.

Maybe he means competitive rank and that point system?

It is true that the loot boxes still drop, but anything gained on the PTR isn't transferred to the regular game.

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
8. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 01:24 Sacrifice

I am not a huge racing fan, especially freestyle, but I still grabbed it. The critics give it a mediocre review, but the Steam reviews are positive  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
12. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 14:52 Sacrifice

Unannounced project doesn't necessarily mean a brand new game. Some Overwatch players have been asking for a permanent co-op mode since that Halloween event. Maybe they are going to expand upon that idea: Left4Dead style co-op game in the Overwatch universe.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Oct 9, 2016, 15:04 Sacrifice

Ryzom? Wow, I remember playing this for a weekend when it came out in 2004.  

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
17. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 16:33 Sacrifice

I know it isn't free, but I recommend checking its spiritual successor "War for the Overworld": http://buy.wftogame.com/

News Comments > Dungeons & Darkness Released
8. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:46 Sacrifice

I like my dungeon crawlers and I was excited seeing the title. It was short-lived however. Isn't a trailer suppose to entice you to buy a game? This did the opposite. Is it just a long hallway of crippled monsters?  

News Comments > Sunless Skies Announced
8. Re: Sunless Skies Announced Sep 25, 2016, 11:14 Sacrifice

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 02:44:
Sacrifice wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 21:04:
"It will be a punishing game, but respectful of your time."

I hope this is true.

I enjoyed Sunless Sea, but it was slow to a fault.

Was there a mod that addressed this?

I didn't know this game even supported mods. So maybe?

News Comments > Sunless Skies Announced
2. Re: Sunless Skies Announced Sep 24, 2016, 21:04 Sacrifice

"It will be a punishing game, but respectful of your time."

I hope this is true.

I enjoyed Sunless Sea, but it was slow to a fault. I spent over 60 hours in the game and I don't think I had uncovered half the story.

I didn't mind the slow moving ship. I would say the income generation was too slow. After so many hours, I was only able to purchase a slightly more powerful ship and a few upgrades.

I pretty much stopped playing once I uncovered all the islands.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2016, 21:12.

News Comments > Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing
13. Re: Overwatch Tic Rate Increasing Aug 13, 2016, 13:04 Sacrifice

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:50:
This is a very welcome change. I've rated each and every match played since release a 1/3 after I heard about how abysmally low their tick rate was. Lucioball's recent introduction has made it all the more apparent that the tick rate needs to be increased, with how much it looks like you're hitting the ball but actually not.

Really? Rating every game 1 after you learned that it was only 20 tick rate? Apparently you didn't notice it until after you learned about it? That is ridiculous.

I've been playing Overwatch since release. I agree that increasing the tick rate is nice and will provide a bit more accurate gameplay, but the game was more than playable before the increase.

192 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo