Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sacrifice
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in theology and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
12. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 14:52 Sacrifice

Unannounced project doesn't necessarily mean a brand new game. Some Overwatch players have been asking for a permanent co-op mode since that Halloween event. Maybe they are going to expand upon that idea: Left4Dead style co-op game in the Overwatch universe.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Oct 9, 2016, 15:04 Sacrifice

Ryzom? Wow, I remember playing this for a weekend when it came out in 2004.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
17. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 16:33 Sacrifice

I know it isn't free, but I recommend checking its spiritual successor "War for the Overworld": http://buy.wftogame.com/

News Comments > Dungeons & Darkness Released
8. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 13:46 Sacrifice

I like my dungeon crawlers and I was excited seeing the title. It was short-lived however. Isn't a trailer suppose to entice you to buy a game? This did the opposite. Is it just a long hallway of crippled monsters?  

News Comments > Sunless Skies Announced
8. Re: Sunless Skies Announced Sep 25, 2016, 11:14 Sacrifice

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 02:44:
Sacrifice wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 21:04:
"It will be a punishing game, but respectful of your time."

I hope this is true.

I enjoyed Sunless Sea, but it was slow to a fault.

Was there a mod that addressed this?

I didn't know this game even supported mods. So maybe?

News Comments > Sunless Skies Announced
2. Re: Sunless Skies Announced Sep 24, 2016, 21:04 Sacrifice

"It will be a punishing game, but respectful of your time."

I hope this is true.

I enjoyed Sunless Sea, but it was slow to a fault. I spent over 60 hours in the game and I don't think I had uncovered half the story.

I didn't mind the slow moving ship. I would say the income generation was too slow. After so many hours, I was only able to purchase a slightly more powerful ship and a few upgrades.

I pretty much stopped playing once I uncovered all the islands.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2016, 21:12.

News Comments > Overwatch Tick Rate Increasing
13. Re: Overwatch Tic Rate Increasing Aug 13, 2016, 13:04 Sacrifice

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:50:
This is a very welcome change. I've rated each and every match played since release a 1/3 after I heard about how abysmally low their tick rate was. Lucioball's recent introduction has made it all the more apparent that the tick rate needs to be increased, with how much it looks like you're hitting the ball but actually not.

Really? Rating every game 1 after you learned that it was only 20 tick rate? Apparently you didn't notice it until after you learned about it? That is ridiculous.

I've been playing Overwatch since release. I agree that increasing the tick rate is nice and will provide a bit more accurate gameplay, but the game was more than playable before the increase.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2016, 14:57 Sacrifice

NamecaF wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 12:34:
descender wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 10:11:
Ford, best known for playing CSO Jack Stanfield in the 2006 cyber-thriller Firewall

What?

LOL I know right? That has got to be taking the piss, for sure.

I came here to mention this exact same thing. Really? That is his best known character?

News Comments > Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
4. Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 9, 2016, 14:00 Sacrifice

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:43:
Why there never was a sequel to ET blows my minds, even Quake Wars was worthy enough to warrant a sequel...but no, we got brink...

Enemy Territory was amazing. One of the first games where I joined a clan and did some online competitions. It is too bad they never made a sequel.

On the other hand, Brink was the last game I ever pre-ordered. It still saddens me when I occasionally notice it in my Steam library.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 4, 2016, 13:18 Sacrifice

This Skyrim pricing inflation was heavily discussed on Reddit and generally dismissed as incorrect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/4q8dpg/bethesda_inflated_the_price_of_skyrim_legendary/

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
22. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 15:31 Sacrifice

ItBurn wrote on May 11, 2016, 14:46:
Only one unit per tile of V was a complete deal breaker for me. Capturing a city was about bringing a constant stream of single units rather than attacking it with large forces. It wasn't fun. It looks like they improved that a bit, but I don't feel like it'll be enough.

To each his own, but I prefer the one unit per tile mechanic. Made for more strategic maneuvering and easier to manage.

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
8. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 13:16 Sacrifice

As others have mentioned, it is annoying how each new version is a step back in features until the expansions.

That being said, I like some of the ideas. The combined arms is interesting. I am curious to see what they do with multiplayer. We start games but often never finish them, at least with my semi-casual gamer group of friends.

This graphic overhaul is going to be controversial, but I actually like the simplified cartoony look. I think it brings clarity to elements on the map. I am going purely by the two screenshots though.

News Comments > Egypt Civilization Demo
8. Re: Egypt Civilization Demo Mar 16, 2016, 18:07 Sacrifice

I signed up a few hours ago, still waiting for an email with the link to a demo.  

4. Re: Egypt Civilization Demo Mar 16, 2016, 13:56 Sacrifice

They should put this on Steam.  

3. Re: Egypt Civilization Demo Mar 16, 2016, 13:55 Sacrifice

I've been using two personal email addresses for years. One for friends and family and one for newsletters and signing up for stuff like this.  

News Comments > Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun Announced
2. Re: Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun Announced Mar 14, 2016, 21:32 Sacrifice

MT Silver wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 20:34:
Sounds a lot like Commandos.

I was thinking the same thing. I liked that series and a ninja version could be interesting.

News Comments > The Flame in the Flood Released
2. Re: The Flame in the Flood Released Feb 24, 2016, 22:18 Sacrifice

I like the look and idea of this, hopefully it is well executed.  

News Comments > Atari Vault Announced
1. Re: Atari Vault Announced Jan 22, 2016, 11:19 Sacrifice

Atari was my first gaming console and this has peaked my interest. Sounds like it will all be in one package, which is great. There are a few unique games that I am surprised they haven't remade or ported. Love to play multiplayer Maze Craze.  

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Released
3. Re: Darkest Dungeon Released Jan 20, 2016, 00:39 Sacrifice

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 21:21:
Hrm, I was so psyched about this game when it first came out in Early Access, and it still looks and sounds awesome, but they've done some weird(in my opinion) things to the gameplay, and it just isn't as enjoyable as a game anymore to me.

Foiled by Early Access/beta gameplay yet again.

I've seen this increasing sentiment in the Darkest Dungeon community. It is now too difficult and leaves little room for experiment or error. It is a roguelike to a fault.

I was looking forward to playing Darkest Dungeon, but now I am hesitant. I will probably wait for a more updates and a large Steam sale.

News Comments > Tropico 5 - Complete Collection This Month
1. Re: Tropico 5 - Complete Collection This Month Jan 13, 2016, 11:48 Sacrifice

Did anyone like Tropico 5? The user reviews for the game didn't appear overly positive. I really enjoyed the first and third one, I didn't like 4 quite as much.  

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo