Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sacrifice
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in theology and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 216 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Placeholder Countdown Video
19. Re: Bethesda Placeholder Countdown Video Feb 24, 2019, 10:13 Sacrifice

Tablet game that links the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > February Twitch Prime Freebies
6. Re: February Twitch Prime Freebies Feb 3, 2019, 23:43 Sacrifice

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 19:09:
Armengar wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 16:16:
i still dont get the fun of watching people play games. I prefer to play the games.

I hope you don't watch people play sports...cause it's the same thing really...entertainment.

I've said the same thing about sports. I don't watch sports, though I play a bit (though more so when I was younger). I've always been more of a gaming and technology geek than a sports guy.

I've watched a few games to see if I might like them, but I prefer not to be spoiled either and don't watch too much.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access
3. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Jan 31, 2019, 22:29 Sacrifice

I will be keeping an eye on this one. I am almost done the first one (I think).  

News Comments > Alice: Asylum (Alice 3) and Alice "Vacation Destination" Possible
6. Re: Alice: Asylum (Alice 3) and Alice Jan 29, 2019, 10:42 Sacrifice

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 29, 2019, 09:48:
I liked the first Alice game quite a bit but not the second nearly as much. It lacked the flavor of the first. If the third can recapture the magic of the first title, I'd be interested...pending reviews, of course.

I agree. I played the first one when it came out and I loved the game. I was excited about the sequel, but it was a definite step down.

I think he should focus on a higher-quality but shorter game. The second was long, but had a bit too much filler and felt like a grind at times.

News Comments > Sunless Skies Launch Trailer
3. Re: Sunless Skies Launch Trailer Jan 25, 2019, 13:21 Sacrifice

Frijoles wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 11:48:
I really wanted to like Sunless Seas, but I feel like I was constantly spending all my money on supplies and not making any progress in the game itself. Makes me hesitant to try this one. I may wait for a sale. I want to see the story, but not have to grind supplies.

That would definitely be one of my complaints about Sunless Seas. The economic progress was too slow and a grind.

It would have been nice if most islands had a resource that could be traded elsewhere for a profit. It had some of that, but it was complicated to find.

News Comments > Sunless Skies Launch Trailer
1. Re: Sunless Skies Launch Trailer Jan 25, 2019, 10:53 Sacrifice

Despite its flaws, I was a big fan of Sunless Seas. Look forward to playing Sunless Skies. It appears they've made a lot of improvements.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 10:10 Sacrifice

I believe this is the direct video for the rotary phone test. Much better quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OADXNGnJok

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Microtransactions Ending
2. Re: Dirty Bomb Microtransactions Ending Jan 8, 2019, 11:03 Sacrifice

Weird. Despite reading PC gaming news on a regular basis and knowing Splash Damage, I had never heard of Dirty Bomb until now. Any good?

I was a fan of their early game Enemy Territory, but their later game Brink was a disaster. Brink was the last game I ever pre-ordered.

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game
9. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 7, 2019, 20:23 Sacrifice

Drayth wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 19:35:
New law: It is illegal to tease the announcement of a mobile game.

I am honestly shocked after the negativity for the Diablo mobile game that they even teased this at all. They somehow expect a positive response?

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
25. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 9, 2018, 19:09 Sacrifice

Saboth wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 13:24:
A nice bit of software would be some kind of aggregator that links to Origin, Steam, GoG, Epic, etc., and can show price comparisons, sales, and your games/launchers from one screen.

No game launcher, but you may want to check out https://isthereanydeal.com/

News Comments > Dragon Age Tease
1. Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 29, 2018, 19:56 Sacrifice

As a big fan of the original, I am not very excited by this. The combat has been getting progressively worse with each sequel.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2018, 11:58 Sacrifice

The Game of Thrones Reunion is for actors whose characters died a long time ago. 7-year-old spoilers: Sean Bean, Jason Mamoa, and such.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019
19. Re: Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019 Nov 19, 2018, 14:32 Sacrifice

I haven't played Half-Life in years, but I don't recall hating Xen as much as others. I played a bit of the original Black Mesa mod. It was alright, just needed a bit more polish.

I got the retail version of Black Mesa in a bundle many years ago and I've been waiting for Xen to finally play it. Hopefully get to play it next year, though their track record isn't great.

News Comments > When Ski Lifts Go Wrong Trailer
1. Re: When Ski Lifts Go Wrong Trailer Nov 9, 2018, 12:39 Sacrifice

I'm a sucker for bridge building games and this is a unique one.  

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Adds The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
3. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Adds The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon Oct 17, 2018, 12:52 Sacrifice

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 10:49:
DLC???

Did they ever fix all the gamebreaking bugs?

I think they fixed the worst of them. There was a still major patch alongside the DLC release though and it seems to have introduced some new bugs.

Whatever the case, I will probably wait for the "complete edition" of the game.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2018, 13:03.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 10, 2018, 23:14 Sacrifice

I enjoyed the Doom remake, but I found it repetitive by the end. While Eternal has some interesting new features, I am not sure that it is enough. I will probably wait for a decent sale.  

News Comments > Flat Heroes Released
2. Re: Flat Heroes Released Aug 2, 2018, 23:18 Sacrifice

It just came out of Early Access. I got it from a bundle over a year ago and it was amusing for a bit in multiplayer. I will have to give it another try now that it is fully released.  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
21. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 21:12 Sacrifice

I see a lot of complaints about shovelware on Steam. That may be true, but do people browse directly on Steam for new games? I just use gaming sites like Blues News to find games that I might like.  

News Comments > Mega Man 11 in October
4. Re: Mega Man 11 in October May 30, 2018, 17:11 Sacrifice

I liked the Mega Man series when I was a teen, but I haven't played one in many years. I am curious about this one, I like the updated graphics.  

News Comments > We Happy Few Refused Classification in AU
5. Re: We Happy Few Refused Classification in AU May 22, 2018, 12:24 Sacrifice

Interesting. I've been following the development of We Happy Few for some time and I haven't seen any of this. I am sure it is there, but it is not the main focus.

They should look into the meaning or purpose of the material, not just censor it simply because it is there. It is a screwed up 1984-like society, not a positive society to be emulated.

216 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo