Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Solemn-Philosopher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in gaming and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On November 7, 2004
Supporter -
Total Comments 233 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June

2. Re: Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June Mar 24, 2020, 22:26 Solemn-Philosopher

I always get the Outer Wilds and the Outer Worlds confused.

This game, Outer Wilds, is an indie game reminiscent of Subnautica (but in space).

The Outer Worlds is by the developers behind the early Fallout games and it is an evolution of that.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Plans Artifact Reboot

3. Re: Valve Plans Artifact Reboot Mar 21, 2020, 15:59 Solemn-Philosopher

I'd be willing to give it a try if it was free-to-play, but I wasn't interested in paying $40 (or whatever it was) to try it out. These games are usually cheaper (if not free) and they make money with other methods (like selling decks).

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Atari's Videogame Hotel Plans

1. Re: Atari's Videogame Hotel Plans Jan 27, 2020, 19:59 Solemn-Philosopher

Umm... okay. As a child from the Atari age, I am curious about this. However, I can't imagine a hotel based on a console from the early 80s will do well.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 28, 2019, 01:49 Solemn-Philosopher

I was a fan of the original MST3K, but I just couldn't get into the new show for some reason. I think the humour was more slapstick than witty and most of the jokes just didn't land for me. The original show was hit or miss for me as well though.  

News Comments > Get Bad North for Free

28. Re: Get Bad North for Free Nov 22, 2019, 10:44 Solemn-Philosopher

Well, I grabbed it and played it for a couple of hours yesterday. It had been on my wishlist on Steam for a while.

I like the visual style and enjoy the gameplay. However, it isn't very deep and I don't see it lasting for long on my playlist. Glad I got it for free in the end.

News Comments > Jedi: Fallen Order Reviews

1. Re: Jedi: Fallen Order Reviews Nov 15, 2019, 12:45 Solemn-Philosopher

The general consensus among the reviews is that Fallen Order starts off strong, but quickly loses steam. It is also how I felt about the Battlefront II campaign, which I bought with a decent sale (fortunately). I think I will wait for a decent sale on Fallen Order as well.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2019, 15:08 Solemn-Philosopher

I wish they would simply combine different editions of the same basic game*.

*Just add an asterisk.

News Comments > DayZ Refused Classification in Australia

6. Re: DayZ Refused Classification in Australia Aug 8, 2019, 09:42 Solemn-Philosopher

I've never played DayZ, but I thought it was just a straightforward multiplayer zombie survival game. Where do sex, drugs, and crime come into play? I can maybe see drugs for painkillers and such, but actual drug use?  

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2019, 20:28 Solemn-Philosopher

Here is a better and longer video of the incident: https://youtu.be/jyffjAqFtQU  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway

5. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 9, 2019, 12:36 Solemn-Philosopher

5000 is pretty measly for a 90 million monthly active player base.

I use the wishlist to track games I might want to buy. I find it especially helpful to track a bunch of early access games. I am patient and usually wait until they are actually completed (if ever).

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it sucks and everyone that finds it helpful is retarded.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Next Month

5. Re: Hunt: Showdown Next Month Jul 3, 2019, 17:35 Solemn-Philosopher

Just because you don't like a game doesn't mean it sucks, perhaps it just isn't for you. The recent reviews on Steam are very positive, so some of your fellow gamers like it.

I played it during the recent free weekend and enjoyed it. I didn't buy it though, mainly because it does have a steep skill curve and I have limited time to be competitive.

I liked the survival horror elements and the dark Cthulhu-like world. I'd also like to see a single-player and/or co-op campaign set in the world.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2019, 13:23.

News Comments > They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty

3. Re: They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty Jun 23, 2019, 18:34 Solemn-Philosopher

I've been keeping a close eye on this game. It looks intriguing, but the recent campaign reviews have been rather negative. Fortunately, they do appear willing to make some changes.

I hope it improves because I do prefer a campaign over a random skirmish. I like to have some kind of purpose or a specific goal to accomplish rather than just being an open-ended map.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Released

7. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Released May 15, 2019, 10:06 Solemn-Philosopher

The Steam reviews are not positive. It looks like the screenshots are deceiving and the visual upgrade is minimal.

News Comments > World of Goo Free on Epic Games Store

3. Re: World of Goo Free on Epic Games Store May 3, 2019, 00:08 Solemn-Philosopher

RedEye9 wrote on May 2, 2019, 22:34:
Ant wrote on May 2, 2019, 19:47:
World of Goo was fun when I played many years ago.
I had to delete it from my system when i found out the Epic Game Store had it for free because reasons.
Bomb

What are the reasons? I can understand not wanting to support Epic, but why delete the game on another platform? It isn't an Epic exclusive.

It must have been nice for the developer to get a sudden boost of income and recognition for an indie game that is over 10 years old. Hopefully, this motivates them to make World of Goo 2.

You can certainly do what you want, I am just trying to understand your perspective.

News Comments > Zombotron Released

1. Re: Zombotron Released Apr 22, 2019, 23:06 Solemn-Philosopher

This was the first thing that came to mind: http://www.zombo.com/  

News Comments > World of Goo Graphics Update Plans

2. Re: World of Goo Graphics Update Plans Apr 19, 2019, 17:37 Solemn-Philosopher

I loved World of Goo back in the day. It was a fun and quirky bridge building game. This might be a perfect opportunity to revisit the game since it will be free and updated.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews

5. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 4, 2019, 13:53 Solemn-Philosopher

I enjoyed Alan Wake, though I am not overly concerned with a lack of a sequel.  

News Comments > Bethesda Placeholder Countdown Video

19. Re: Bethesda Placeholder Countdown Video Feb 24, 2019, 10:13 Solemn-Philosopher

Tablet game that links the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.  

News Comments > February Twitch Prime Freebies

6. Re: February Twitch Prime Freebies Feb 3, 2019, 23:43 Solemn-Philosopher

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 19:09:
Armengar wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 16:16:
i still dont get the fun of watching people play games. I prefer to play the games.

I hope you don't watch people play sports...cause it's the same thing really...entertainment.

I've said the same thing about sports. I don't watch sports, though I play a bit (though more so when I was younger). I've always been more of a gaming and technology geek than a sports guy.

I've watched a few games to see if I might like them, but I prefer not to be spoiled either and don't watch too much.

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access

3. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Jan 31, 2019, 22:29 Solemn-Philosopher

I will be keeping an eye on this one. I am almost done the first one (I think).  

233 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >