Total Posts
435 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

435 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 15.
Newer [  1    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ] Older

Re: Morning Consolidation
May 29, 2013, 12:32
Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2013, 12:32
May 29, 2013, 12:32

But who is going to fire Ballmer...that is the question.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
May 14, 2013, 13:51
Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 14, 2013, 13:51
May 14, 2013, 13:51

Fibrocyte wrote on May 14, 2013, 06:15:
DukeFNukem wrote on May 13, 2013, 22:21:
And taxing violet video games will accomplish what exactly? *crickets chirping*

So violent video games are "okay" with Joe Biden as long as he gets a cut of the money. Do I have the correct interpretation on this matter?

No, you don't. I'm not sure how, either, because it is simple to understand.

Biden is saying that if there is a sufficient amount of scientific evidence to support the claim of the group that is requesting the tax then it would be taken under consideration. Plus, such a tax is not unlawful.

Scientific evidence? I've been playing violet games and watching violent movies from my youth. I haven't been on any shooting sprees. Seen the movie 'Warriors' at a young age. And probably many other's. Exactly, what justifies a tax that is imposed by a select few upon 99% of the "other" people?
And if playing violet video games provokes people to murder what are the people capable of who actually write and develop these violent video games? Better put John Carmack on a terrorist watch list. He might snap at any moment. LOL.

The government will find scientific evidence to support the notion that you can build a bomb from a hostess twinkie if they can impose a tax on you for more money. And if they can't find the evidence they'll create it themselves.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2013, 13:58.

May 14, 2013, 00:35
Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 14, 2013, 00:35
May 14, 2013, 00:35

Warning: Troll alert. Please do not feed the trolls. Thank you.

May 13, 2013, 22:21
Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2013, 22:21
May 13, 2013, 22:21

And taxing violet video games will accomplish what exactly? *crickets chirping*

So violet video games are "okay" with Joe Biden as long as he gets a cut of the money. Do I have the correct interpretation on this matter?

Re: Sunday Tech Bits
Apr 29, 2013, 17:26
Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2013, 17:26
Apr 29, 2013, 17:26

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 16:43:
DukeFNukem wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:13:
Your joking right? Would you feel safer in a car being driven by a computer with no human intervention? Sorry, thanks but no thanks.

I think I would feel safer just hiring a chouffer if I were too lazy to drive myself anywhere.

You know what I am looking forward to in the next 10 years is the toilet that wipes my ass for me so that I don't have too. It's just too much of a hassle anymore. It's so 19th century.

I would feel safer. So far the Google cars have a perfect record. In 10 years the software and hardware will be even better. Computers never sleep, can see 360, can calculate collision trajectories faster and more accurately than people, won't get lost, won't get drunk, etc., etc. A software driven vehicle is just superior. Obviously there need to be regulations in place to ensure safety for software updates, but they will be superior to humans. Car ownership will decrease and and taxis will proliferate. Without the driver salary, the cost per mile for taxis will radically come down and most people will use them exclusively. Already were seeing the younger generation in the US driving less and buying fewer cars than previous generations. This trend will accelerate with self driving cars.

Your on another planet brutha. You talk about saving the taxi drivers salary? Hehehe. They get paid in circus peanuts. How much do you think one of these cars would cost to produce and maintain a year versus what it would cost to pay a taxi driver? Nice vision of the future but it's somewhat delusional.

Another attempt to exploit technology "just because they can".

Apr 29, 2013, 15:13
Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2013, 15:13
Apr 29, 2013, 15:13

Your joking right? Would you feel safer in a car being driven by a computer with no human intervention? Sorry, thanks but no thanks.

I think I would feel safer just hiring a chouffer if I were too lazy to drive myself anywhere.

You know what I am looking forward to in the next 10 years is the toilet that wipes my ass for me so that I don't have too. It's just too much of a hassle anymore. It's so 19th century.

Apr 28, 2013, 23:49
Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 28, 2013, 23:49
Apr 28, 2013, 23:49

No Linux Distros haven't gotten too fat. Geesh, what a whine bag this guy is. The number of different Linux distros being updated/released everyday probably dwarfs the number of people collecting food stamps since the beginning of the Obama Presidency. Well, there's probably not that many distros but none the less. There's enough that this guy whining about Linux distros being too fat is just absurd. The number of Linux distros and the multiple flavors that even the same distros are released in makes his gripe hardly credible at all.

Apr 6, 2013, 00:23
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2013, 00:23
Apr 6, 2013, 00:23

Right after senator Weinstein intervenes in games to reduce guns she can shift her focus to Hollywood Movies. Let's see how that goes for her.

I can just see Steven Segals next movie. He'll be using nerf guns with foam darts to shoot the bad guys. Should be very entertaining.

And that will magically stop all the gun violence in the world that exists today. By replacing real guns in games and movies with nerf guns and foam darts. Why can't everybody else see like Diane does?

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2013, 00:28.

Re: Op Ed
Mar 3, 2013, 15:45
Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2013, 15:45
Mar 3, 2013, 15:45

Kajetan wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 15:27:
DukeFNukem wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 14:40:
I don't play as much games as I used to but that's by choice as I get older. I still love games. Your post appears to suggest, in a very cryptic manner, that gamers are different now than what they used to be. I don't think that's true really.
There is no longer a monolithic group of people who share the same gaming experience. I do not have anything in common with someone who just wants to shoot something from his couch after work in a scripted CoD campaign. Yet we both are called gamers and everyone assumes we share some common gaming interests. WE DO NOT!

After having established this, i dont feel hate from the majors towards their demographic because i'm no longer part of it. I simply do not care if EA or Ubisoft make games or go bancrupt. These companies no longer offer me anything i would like to have. And i have no need for a new generation of consoles. Last year i bought a PS2 and i'm having so much fun discovering and playing all those nippon RPGs. Only with the back catalogue from the PS2 i'm set for years. And there are new indie games, new kickstarter projects to fund or to await.

So, if MS, Sony and Nintendo in cooperation with the major publisher all declare "war" on their customers just because they can ... I DO NOT CARE AT ALL! I have my games that i like. I will have A LOT of new games i would like, offered with reasonable prices, without DRM or any snake oil DLC scheme behind them.

This part of the gaming industry i do like. The other part? Beats me, it no longer has any relevance to me.

Now that you explain it better I do sense a change in, not only, the specific area of "games" but consumer media in general. Since software, e-books, and movies can be produced an infinite number of times, it seems the greedy bastards want to produce an infinite supply of revenue.

The rumors circulating about the possibility of Sony/Microsoft blocking "used" games on the PS4/XBox720 would be enough for me to not purchase either one, if that became true.
It's like people want to get paid again, and again, and again for the same amount of work.
If media weren't so high-priced to begin with there would be a lot less piracy in the world.
I can't tell you how many games I have purchased on Steam(well actually I can but I am trying to be as dramatic as possible) on sales when I felt they were at the right price. Now, everything I buy on Steam is non-transferrable(well, unless I sold my entire catalog of games) but that's okay because most of my purchases were so cheap there's not much of a point in selling them. I got "Jade Empire:Special Edition", "SW:Knights of the Old Republic", and "SWKOTR 2" all for $2.49 on sale.
Steam is THE solution to piracy. Selling e-books, movies, and video games at a "reasonable" price is the solution to piracy. Oh btw, those games weren't on any wish list.

But to summarize what I am trying to say. It seems like in the old days when you bought a software license or a movie or a new LP or CD it was basically "yours". Not to make money off illegally but you could do what you wanted with it. Now, it seems everybody is more in the mindset of "renting" you a good time versus "selling" you a good time. Nothing but greed.

Re: Op Ed
Mar 3, 2013, 14:40
Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2013, 14:40
Mar 3, 2013, 14:40

I think you waxed a little too philosophical in your post. Which means I don't even really know what you just said.

I don't play as much games as I used to but that's by choice as I get older. I still love games. Your post appears to suggest, in a very cryptic manner, that gamers are different now than what they used to be. I don't think that's true really.

I can tell you one mistake everybody keeps making(Microsoft making the biggest fumble of all) is assuming that if something is popular on a mobile device then it will be so on a desktop computer. That just isn't the way it works. I think Microsoft will find that out the hard way with Windows 8 sales. Same thing with micro-transactions. I consider video games(especially ones that I have to pay for upfront) that include micro-transactions for real money to be almost criminal. I paid almost full price for Team Fortress 2 when it was released. X number of years later its a "free game" with micro-transactions. I guess that's okay. But you having your cake and eating too is just being too greedy.

Still, in spite of the fact that TF2 is now free I just don't believe in micro-transactions for video games. Maybe I'll warm up to them if I try but really there is no game out there that makes me wanna even try. But the game itself "has" to be free if I am to engage in micro-transactions. I won't give them both. It's the reason I never played(or even tried playing) World of Warcraft. You want me to pay you how much money? Just so that I can pay even MORE money every month? Hell nah, dawg. Hell nah.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2013, 14:56.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 15, 2013, 17:17
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 17:17
Feb 15, 2013, 17:17

Hey Microsoft,

It's too bad Windows 7 isn't actually a human being. Then you could hire a professional hitman and just take Windows 7 out right now to try and force your pathetic new tablet operating system on everybody. As it is you gotta wait a few more days and that's gonna hurt sales of Windows 8 fo shizzle.

Im still on 7, staying on 7 until at least I have an idea of what Windows 9 UI will look like, and loving it!!!!

Re: Super Sunday Metaverse
Feb 3, 2013, 15:00
Re: Super Sunday Metaverse Feb 3, 2013, 15:00
Feb 3, 2013, 15:00

As Windows 7 starts it decline?? What crack pipe has the retarded been smoking who posted that fairy tale?
Yeah, as far as I can tell my Windows 7 machine isn't declining. In fact, it's gonna be living on my desktop straight through this Windows 8 catastrophe until Windows 9 arrives on the scene. Whether it lives or dies at THAT time remains to be seen. But for the next few years, Windows 7 is still kicking ass and taking names. Please before you make another outrageous post consider going into a drug rehab program. If you don't get help at Charter, get help somewhere.

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Jan 24, 2013, 22:33
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 24, 2013, 22:33
Jan 24, 2013, 22:33

Funny thing. I failed to notice the death of the PC also. With PC components holding their value and desktop hard drives selling at record profit margins it makes it very hard to see the death of the PC. I must be lookig the wrong places.

I guess I am confused about what the defintion of a PC is. Maybe it would be more appropriate to use phrases that make more sense with the words you speak. Maybe the death of the "desktop" PC would be a more appropriate way of phrasing it.

I still think its being overblown. The only way I see myself ever carrying my PC with me everywhere I go is if I can roll up my 27" monitor into a scroll and slip it in to my side pocket. Until that day arrives I seriously doubt the desktop PC will be dying anytime soon. Getting smaller doesn't equate to dying.

Jan 19, 2013, 22:41
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 22:41
Jan 19, 2013, 22:41

Oh, thank God. I was on the fence about buying Windows 8. Now, I can say with absolute certainty that when the price goes up I will NEVER EVER give this POS operating system so much as a second thought.

Thank you Microsoft for helping me make a tough decision so much easier.

Re: Christmas Tech Bits
Dec 25, 2012, 15:20
Re: Christmas Tech Bits Dec 25, 2012, 15:20
Dec 25, 2012, 15:20

Im confused. I thought Windows 8 was crapware. No?

Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
Dec 5, 2012, 11:48
Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 11:48
Dec 5, 2012, 11:48

A billion dollars divided by $60 says they sold about 16.6 million copies in 2 weeks. Very nice.

Nov 28, 2012, 05:04
Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 28, 2012, 05:04
Nov 28, 2012, 05:04

***NEWSFLASH***

Microsoft sells 40 million licenses of Windows 8 in the first month.

***NEWSFLASH UPDATE***

36 million of those licenses are sitting on unsold desktops, laptops, and tablets as inventory in warerhouses across the United States.

Stop trying to bull**** people. It can sell 100 million copies in 3 days. I still wouldn't want it. I still wouldn't buy it.

***NEWSLFASH UPDATE***
Microsoft continues to try and coerce people to upgrade to their shitty "Window 8" operating system buy making life miserable for people who won't upgrade. Now they have taken their "Desktop Gallery" offliine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/gadgets

The reason? "Because we want to focus on the exciting possibilities of the newest version of Windows, the Windows website no longer hosts the gadget gallery."
Translation? "We know Windows 8 sucks but if we do everything we can to make life miserable for Windows 7 users by not offering a Service Paack 2 and by taking stuff off line for no ****ng reason other than to be complete ***holes, we think you will want to eventually upgrade."

Keep on pushing me Microsoft...if I get pushed anywhere it will be to a Linux distribution...not your piece of **** schizophrenic desktop/tablet OS...you bunch of ***holes!

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2012, 06:13.

Re: On Sale
Nov 26, 2012, 20:02
Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 20:02
Nov 26, 2012, 20:02

Oh goodie, GOG supports Window 8. One good reason for me not to support GOG.

Nov 19, 2012, 21:06
Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2012, 21:06
Nov 19, 2012, 21:06

SectorEffector wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 14:46:
That entire croteam thread needed to die.

If you want win 8, download classic shell, disable hot corners and you ALMOST will never even know you're using win 8. Who gives a flying fuck if you don't have metro tile support for your game, seriously nobody fucking cares about that shit unless your a 13 yr old girl or really desperately reaching out for anything to change UI wise.

Classic Shell, Win 8 with OG start menu. No change in my workflow.

once classic shell doesn't work... then I'm gonna bitch....

Yeah, thats just what I wanna do. Go out and buy Windows 8 and then do everything in my power to make it behave exactly like Windows 7 because...IT BOOTS FASTER! *big yawn*

...waiting patiently on Windows 9.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2012, 21:21.

Nov 19, 2012, 20:17
Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2012, 20:17
Nov 19, 2012, 20:17

This article knocks the ball out of the park. Windows 8 is a complete failure from the perspective of a desktop power user. I have never even tried it. I came close to installing it when I downloaded the preview .ISO but my sixth sense kept telling me, no, don't do it. It's a tablet OS for Gods sake. I was right. But what I didn't realize is that it even appears to be a failure from a novice users perspective as well. Way to go Microsoft. Well done!

Anyone defending Windows 8 at this point in the game is just in denial. "No, NO, IT CANT SUCK. IT CANT BE!!!!!!!! It's NEW, How could it suck if it's NEW!!! IT BOOTS FASTER, How could it suck if it BOOTS FASTER!!!. Sure the Metro interface sucks and is completely un-intuitive for a desktop user. And sure the interface has a significant impact on the usability of the operating system. Oh, and sure, as the article states, Microsoft Windows 8 should be renamed Microsoft Window. But...but...but...IT BOOTS FASTER!!!" *godfather music plays in background as Windows 8 defenders break down in tears*

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2012, 20:34.
435 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 15.
Newer [  1    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ] Older