User information for DukeFNukem

Real Name
DukeFNukem
Nickname
DukeFNukem
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
I'm sorry to inform the general public that vaccines DO NOT bestow upon thee eternal life. If you're around the age of 80 you need to be making your peace with God or the easter bunny. Whichever you believe in.
Homepage
Signed On
October 19, 2004
Supporter
-
Total Posts
443 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

443 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    23  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jan 18, 2015, 20:20
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 20:20
Jan 18, 2015, 20:20

WarPig wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:18:
nin wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:09:
You've been lying low way too long!

Oh, so now you're calling me a liar?

You know, I can't put my finger on it but for some reason I'm in a really, really good mood right now!

Maybe the drugs?
I'm sorry to inform the general public that vaccines DO NOT bestow upon thee eternal life. If you're around the age of 80 you need to be making your peace with God or the easter bunny. Whichever you believe in.

Jan 18, 2015, 19:55
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 19:55
Jan 18, 2015, 19:55

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 18:43:

So it's fine for tens of thousands of children to suffer the weeks and weeks the pain and indignity (and possibly death) of a completely preventable disease, why exactly? Because some rich selfish assholes have fake beliefs about science and think other people's children should risk takers to keep their own safe? Douchecanoe.

God your pathetic. You fell for the divide and conquer bait. This has nothing to do with rich people. It has everything to do with educated people who look at history and make their decision to have their children vaccinated or not based upon history and common sense.

I noticed you didn't stand up for any people who are already dead or brain damaged from a vaccination shot...but you probably justify that with the "theoretical" millions of lives that are saved each year because of vaccines. So, that makes it all good.

Please tell me you did get your swine flu shot, yes?

Jan 18, 2015, 19:51
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 19:51
Jan 18, 2015, 19:51

robdot wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 15:33:
These anti vacc people are all over ohio.

Correction, were all over the world. And it's only gonna get worse, like a virus that just keeps spreading and spreading and spreading until the drug companies go bust.

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Jan 8, 2015, 21:25
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 21:25
Jan 8, 2015, 21:25

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 21:16:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 21:09:
I haven't purchased a Blu-Ray anything...ever. I don't see the point. By the time I invest in the technology, and invest in building a significant library, "Super Uber Mega Deluxe 9000 SEE-THE-SWEAT-DRIP-OFF-A-HOBBIT'S-BALLSACK-HAIR 2048K" is the new standard. Fuck it, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and the like are good enough for me. If I want to watch a movie, it's for the story and spectacle. The fact that it is .075% less black than flavor-of-the-month optical media is pointless to me. I just don't have the crippling level of autism or OCD needed to notice it.

You make it sound like it is costly, timely and hard. You just go pay $50 like a DVD player back in the day, plug it in (now you got netflix to) and you rent or buy like you did DVDs. So you don't have to try and complex it all up with a bunch o words like that.

I agree, for many they are happy with the quality they do get via cable and streaming. I'm just saying in my case it is noticeably better than anything else right now (I haven't seen home 4k feeds yet), but if one doesn't care they don't care. I still do and there are still several levels of videophiles above me.

I've said about 5 years ago, expect streaming bit rates to be played with and lowered when it allows more content to be offered and saves the companies $$$. That is the nature of the beast. With BR there is no compromise like that going on, they can give you full rez at high bit rates on the same single disk.

Agreed, the Burrito is being kind of a tool. He complains about investing money in Blu-Ray technology(yeah $50, big investment) yet he "apparently" has invested thousands in a cell phone, a laptop, a desktop, a home theatre system and a tablet. But ask him to spend $50 bucks to watch NetFlix or Blu-Rays? HOW DARE YOU!!!! LOL!!! Oh and it appears he probably owns a "major console" as well. I'm guessing that "major console" set him back more than $50.00.

Oh, and try stacking 100 USB flash drives on top of each other and then compare it with a stack of 100 Blu-Ray discs side-by-side and tell me which one is easier to manage. And which one takes up more space. DL Blu-Ray discs hold 50GB. The average cost of a 64GB flash(which would be the minimum size required to sufficiently hold a DL Blu-Ray movie is at least $20.00. So yeah, might wanna rethink your flash drive suggestion for the next generation of UHD formats. Why did I even respond to Burrito's post? God, I feel so "trolled".

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2015, 21:32.

Jan 8, 2015, 18:49
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 18:49
Jan 8, 2015, 18:49

Quboid wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:45:

A market will remain but the relevance of physical media has decreased and I believe will continue to do so. It will be a long time before enough people have a good enough connection for consumer physical media to be entirely irrelevant but I think it is fair to say that it fading.

(I like Windows 8 but hey... )

You and 12% of all other operating system users on planet earth. Enjoy!

Jan 8, 2015, 18:46
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 18:46
Jan 8, 2015, 18:46

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:40:
I like that the image quality is so much better on Bluray than any streaming I've done. I mean, if it's a dark movie, and so many are these days, you get so much more detail in the shadows.

I dislike that I have to own Blurays. I have something like 300 DVDs. Not only will I probably only want to watch maybe 10 of those ever again, but they look terrible on modern TVs. They haven't held up. They're a whole bunch of wasted space.

If you feel that way, sell them or give them away to somebody less fortunate who wants to watch them. I'm thinking EBay or a poor relative? You get your space back and somebody gets to enjoy what you already did.

Jan 8, 2015, 18:36
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 18:36
Jan 8, 2015, 18:36

There's like a ton of inventions that aren't going to have the same impact that the previous generation of the same invention had but to go around suggesting that they will be ignored is ludicrous. Intels 5th generation CPU's will not be revolutionary. They are evolutionary. They are better than their 4th generation Core CPUs. But will they be ignored? Hardly. Streaming is fine when it works and where it is available. But you have the same elitist attitude as the original article poster. Not everybody on planet Earth has Gbps fiber to their homes. You can only revolutionize something so many times. That's why Windows 8 is a complete failure. Trying way too hard to revolutionize something that didn't need to be revolutionized. Windows 8 should have been Windows 7 evolved, not "re-imagined" to the point of insanity.

Edit: Oh guess I need to add this to make my point. But yeah, I got roadrunner broadband which is pretty damn good. And I still wouldn't say, "Oh well, I got streaming abilities so who needs physical discs". Your at the mercy of Netflix and Roadrunner to see your movies on demand. Both have to be working when you wanna watch. So, while it's not often that you might not get to watch what you want when you want because of network problems, the possibility still exists. And when it does happen its a bummer.
So yeah, give me UHD 4k discs. I am ready.

Not to mention, this is the perfect way to create mass adoption of BDXL discs for consumer use. And that will translate into BDXL BD-R discs prices coming down to reasonable levels.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2015, 18:44.

Jan 8, 2015, 18:26
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 18:26
Jan 8, 2015, 18:26

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:49:
I hope "Ultra HD Bluray" is a working title and not what it will actually be called. Can they cram any more buzz terms in there. It really should be short and sweet and able to have a meaningful abbreviation.

I may be wrong on this but I interpret 'officially called' as 'this isn't a temporary codename' for the final 4k format.

And I feel insulted by the original article posters comment. I haven't heard anything about Blu-Ray discs sales being ignored. Until everybody on planet earth has 10Gbps fiber to their home, Blu-Ray discs, both HD and UHD, will be in demand by consumers. I know I am looking forward to the introduction and subsequent release.

In my opinion, the only thing that consumers are ignoring are over-inflated, higher than they should be, prices for Blu-Ray discs. I've only ever bought 1 Blu Ray disc and it costs me $4.00. But that was an old movie too soo....just because your pirating all your HD movies over fiber doesn't mean everybody is.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2015, 18:32.

Re: Morning Mobilization
Jan 8, 2015, 11:16
Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2015, 11:16
Jan 8, 2015, 11:16

Only 68% huh??? LOL. Like that's a small number? ios 8 was released way after Windows 8 and Windows 8 only has a pitiful 12+ % market share. Now, that's something to cry about. Only 68%? LOL!!!

Re: Morning Metaverse
Nov 21, 2014, 10:25
Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2014, 10:25
Nov 21, 2014, 10:25

Anyone ever see the movie "The Blues Brothers"? Well then, let me quote Dan Akroyd from the movie. "How often do I see ads when I am visiting websites? "So often I don't even notice them". Post all you want. I'll ignore them. And the ones that interest me I will click through on. I ignore commercials on YouTube as well. Just by muting the sound and scrolling the video off the page. Pay not to see ads? Please. Hehehehe, I just consider ignoring them...excuse me...viewing them as part of my job. A penny saved is a penny earned.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Nov 10, 2014, 22:40
Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 10, 2014, 22:40
Nov 10, 2014, 22:40

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 22:31:
About the only thing I can say about Ted Cruz is what an idiot. His views only represent a tiny minority in this country.

Right...and Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi represented ALL 300 million Americans. Damn, wish they were still here.
We have these things in America called "elections". If the "majority" of voting citizens want Ted Cruz in office, he will be in office. If they don't, he won't.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Oct 20, 2014, 22:21
Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 20, 2014, 22:21
Oct 20, 2014, 22:21

And the next article is entitled, "Why Kathleen Sebelius is still the right person person for Obamacare website". LOL. Because there are at least a handful of people who *think* so. And so it is.

Re: Hatred Announced
Oct 16, 2014, 22:27
Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 22:27
Oct 16, 2014, 22:27

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:59:
Well, someone is gunning for the "Jack Thompson Award 2015." Trying to take the most violent game title away from Manhunt?

I find as I get older, my desire to play shooting games wanes. This wouldn't have interested me in my younger days of course either. Killing for killing's sake has never interested me, I've always preferred my shooters to be goal oriented with enemies as obstacles to be overcome, violently or not. And I've always preferred shooters where I killed aliens, ghosts, monsters, zombies, or what have you over humans, these days even moreso.

I'm really not sure who they're appealing to here, honestly. The frat-boy, dudebro demographic that will get drunk and play this with their buds and get a bunch of laughs at all the over-the-top deaths? I'd wish them luck, but I can't in good conscience.

While I won't even think about viewing the trailer for this garbage let alone playing the game I think your statement about only killing non-humans is a little funny. I have played lots of games where I was killing other humans just for fun. Some of the most memorable moments of my youth were playing games like Quake, Quake 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Blood, Blood 2, Unreal and the Duke Nukem games.

The area where I draw the line is not whether I am killing humans or monsters but how realistic and gory the game plays. All the above games I posted I wouldn't hesitate to fire up again for some fun. But this one just sounds disgusting from all the comments I have read. I never even gave Manhunt a second thought either.

I tried "No More Room In Hell" and decided it was too violent even if I was killing zombies which are actually just dead people who have come back to life. Still humans.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Jul 17, 2014, 10:29
Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 10:29
Jul 17, 2014, 10:29

Cloud era? LOL. How come nobody told me about this? Oh, because if they pretend like it is, then everyone else will believe it is the "cloud era". Not for me. Cheaper to buy a large hard disk or memory card and care for all my own data.

Jul 7, 2014, 15:09
Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2014, 15:09
Jul 7, 2014, 15:09

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 11:20:
Also, 10% of MS's workforce... damn. That's a LOT of people...

That's what happens when you produce a tablet operating system and market is as a desktop operating system. OOPPSS!!

Re: Saturday Safety Dance
Jul 6, 2014, 02:32
Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 6, 2014, 02:32
Jul 6, 2014, 02:32

I haven't read the site too much lately. Maybe I'll make it a point to read it. The question I have though is what group of people are NOT considered terrorists by our current government? Other than all the crooks in the whitehouse and congress themselves?

Jul 2, 2014, 10:38
Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2014, 10:38
Jul 2, 2014, 10:38

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:08:
And they'll pick right back up after summer break

So only college students buy computers? Interesting...I never knew....

Jul 2, 2014, 09:43
Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2014, 09:43
Jul 2, 2014, 09:43

Windows 8 was a good man....It's sad to see him go. *shreds a single tear*. Okay, NEXT!!!!

Re: Evening Consolidation
Jun 27, 2014, 23:22
Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 23:22
Jun 27, 2014, 23:22

1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:37:
i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.

Not completely worthless. I like that. That should be one of the bullet points on the retail box. "Not completely worthless". You probably love Windows 8 too I am guessing. LOL. It takes all kinds I guess.

Re: Evening Consolidation
Jun 27, 2014, 23:18
Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 23:18
Jun 27, 2014, 23:18

The consumer has spoken. In spite of cramming this crapola product down the consumers throat with no mercy we see the consumer wins again.

The consumer should always have the final say so in whether or not a product is a failure or a success. Not the company.

Windows 8 is a failure in the same way. Although, it seems to be dying a much slower death for some reason. Microsoft has made a few 180's but I am not sure if they are smart enough to realize that enough still hasn't been done to get me and a lot of other people on board. Fingers crossed for Windows 9. Hope Microsoft gets it by now. The consumer has the final decision in what stays and what goes. Not the company. #dealwiththatbitches
443 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    23  ] Older