Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DukeFNukem

Real Name DukeFNukem   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DukeFNukem
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 19, 2004, 02:20
Total Comments 339 (Amateur)
User ID 22104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 21:42 DukeFNukem

afka Rossini wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 18:15:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 17:12:
Oh yeah! This is really good news for Mr. Tact and NKD.

"Hotel Influenza" would be like "FREE" money for both of them. Cuz that shit is all based on science. And we all know how dope science is, right? They've had 63 years now to perfect these "flu" vaccines. It's gotta be nearing perfection now. And since they both have a "very basic understanding" of how these things work, what could go wrong, say, 5, 10, or 15 years down the road? Nothing. I'd actually be very disappointed if they don't take full advantage of this opportunity.

If vaccines lead us to the same pots of gold that we found at the end of the anti-biotics and pesticides era's, it's not going to end well. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, right. Why worry about it today?
I am beyond baffled by this type of thinking.

What part baffles you? Antibiotic resistance in humans? Super weed resistance in pesticides? Incubation period of CJD being as long as 11-12 years before you even have a clue that you have the disease from eating contaminated meat or getting it through a needle somewhere along life's long journey? Please, explain what part baffles you exactly.

Here I'll help your mind become unbaffled by providing you your first link into understanding just a bit about where antibiotics and pesticides have taken us.

Super Weeds

Prepare thine self to be unbaffled, oh baffled one. Click with courage and educate thy self.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2018, 22:02.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2018, 17:12 DukeFNukem

Oh yeah! This is really good news for Mr. Tact and NKD.

"Hotel Influenza" would be like "FREE" money for both of them. Cuz that shit is all based on science. And we all know how dope science is, right? They've had 63 years now to perfect these "flu" vaccines. It's gotta be nearing perfection now. And since they both have a "very basic understanding" of how these things work, what could go wrong, say, 5, 10, or 15 years down the road? Nothing. I'd actually be very disappointed if they don't take full advantage of this opportunity.

If vaccines lead us to the same pots of gold that we found at the end of the anti-biotics and pesticides era's, it's not going to end well. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, right. Why worry about it today?

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
22. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 19:38 DukeFNukem

No more direct responses to me? Damn. All I see is 2 guys circle-jerking each other. Well, I guess I should give them some privacy.

My work here is done! Sweet!

18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 14:47 DukeFNukem

@Cutter,

With all due respect, I think were just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Your comments are just weird. "in spite of the fact that there are some superbugs developing"?????? That's called a ******* "red flag" for those of you who are just tuning in!!! LOL.

So, now that we see what's happening, we just keep going down that road?

Look, I don't think me and you disagree all that much. I got all my shots that schools required when I was a child. But like you, I haven't ever went out and got a flu shot by my own choice and I never will.

You started your post respectfully and then you digressed into "name calling". Oh well, were all guilty sometimes I guess.

Science tells us the Earth has been here 3 billion years. What is it called, carbon dating? By way of extrapolation. Okay, that's a reasonable tool. A reasonable assumption. So, that's the truth for now.

What your own statements should reveal to you, is that there are probably better ways to accomplish the same goals we need to start finding them and stop defending things that are proving not to be ideal.

If farmers would rotate their crops and let their land rest every 7 years we might not need pesticides at all. "But losing a years worth of crops? Hell No. Not gonna give up all that money".

I'm not going into the discussions of polio and tetanus and all that jazz because I haven't invested enough time, research and energy to know enough about it.

If I skip getting a shot out of fear, and you run out and get your shot out of fear, how is fear not controlling both of us? I don't skip everything out of fear.

Why are we even arguing? Me and you both don't get flu shots? We're like brothers now dammit!

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2018, 15:13.

14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 13:33 DukeFNukem

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 11:20:
DukeFNukem wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 00:20:
NKD wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 00:04:
You have a lot more faith in vaccines than I ever will.
I don't think vaccines require faith? It's not like no one knows how they work or that they are some great mystery. All you need is a very basic understanding of the underlying science and some lay-person digestible summaries of the peer reviewed studies.
A very basic understanding of the science? Do you know what a scary statement you just made? Scientists study these things for years and years and years and don't always get it right. Unless you have done that, that's all you really have is a very...basic...understanding of something your trusting with your life. I probably couldn't have said it better myself. Are you a scientist or a microbiologist? I'm not, nor will I probably ever be. You get results like they got in 1955 when you have a ...very...basic...understanding...of very complex science.
So, it is really complex, but you completely understand the situation. Congratulations on being a genius, apparently. Rolleyes

Do us and yourself a favor, up the dosage on whatever the meds are you should be taking. Oops. That would probably take some "faith" which you wouldn't have. Oh well...

Your right. It would take faith I don't have. I'm on no meds, I haven't been to the doctor for anything in years. I was sick 8 days straight one time and lived to tell the tale. I don't "run" to the doctor for "another round" of antibiotics everytime I sneeze or cough more than once a week.

I don't understand everything about microbiology, vaccines, viruses, or any other issue related to this discussion. And I make no such claims. Like I said to the other poster who had the decency to respond to me directly, if you believe in vaccines, knock yourself out. Based on my "very basic knowledge" of vaccines and all I know about them from my very limited knowledge, I choose to abstain from them. I'm not here to claim I'm right or wrong. But it's my decision to make. It's right for me.

On the one hand, you have science. On the other hand, you have reality. Science said antibiotics was good. Not so anymore. Science said pesticides were good. Not so anymore. Science says vaccines are still good. Well, some science still says this, anyway. To be continued...

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2018, 14:20.

13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 13:25 DukeFNukem

NKD wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 02:10:
DukeFNukem wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 00:20:
So faith is exactly what your using. Trusting the people who know more than you do, with your life, hoping they get it right.

So I take it you don't trust anyone and don't allow doctors to treat you? Because the reality of life is that there is too much to know. At some point you have to rely on other people who know things you don't. You can, however, with very basic knowledge, know if someone is blowing smoke up your ass. I'm talking about people with the same degrees who have different opinions. How can you as a layman know who is right or wrong?

I don't need a microbiology degree to know that something diluted 30 times is unlikely to have a single molecule of active ingredient. I don't need a physics degree to know that healing crystals don't do shit.

The whole reason conspiracy theorists and wackjobs like yourself exist is because you just assume everyone else is trying to trick you and that the very concept of a fact doesn't exist. We'd still have polio and smallpox all over the place if it was up to people like you.

Fun Fact: People were labelled as being conspiracy theorists and 'wackjobs' when they actually thought their government was recording every email. Until it was proven that....ummmm....their government was recording every email. I'm not sure what they call these people now. Oh well, just a fun fact for those interested.

Allow doctors to treat me for...what...exactly? Did you presume that I have a multitude of diseases? Or are you asking if I go to the doctor every time I cough more than once in a day for another dose of anti-biotics that are now being proven, scientifically, that they were not the "miracle solution" you were looking for?

I disagree with your statement, completely, that you can know whether or not someone is blowing "smoke up yer ass" as you put it, on a topic as complex as this is, when you have two very knowledgeable groups of people explaining things to you from their points of view. The science is very very complex and I've read arguments on both sides. And I know this is hard for a lot of your vaccine junkies to acknowledge on this board especially ...but....ummmm....not everybody who has a microbiology degree supports the idea of vaccines being manna from heaven.

You throw out random facts without acknowledging anything I said about what we are JUST NOW REALIZING after years and years and years of using antibiotics and pesticides thinking they were miracles from Jesus above. IF we're just now learning that antibiotics and pesticides are hurting us more than helping us, why do you still cling so defensively and rabidly to your precious vaccines? You're down 2-0 right now. But your gonna win the last battle, right?

Do you still believe in antibiotics and pesticides as much you do vaccines? Please, tell me. I'm dying to know.

Your comment about me thinking everyone is out to trick is kind of amusing...I guess. No, that's not why I don't have faith in vaccines. There's a lot of reasons I don't have the high level of faith in vaccines like you have but thinking somebody is trying to trick me into getting vaccines is a pretty twisted way of saying it. Vaccines bring in billions of dollars a year for the vaccine manufacturers and that's just a fact. What sells vaccines? Fear of death. Do you think these companies are producing these vaccines all the time out of the goodness of their heart? I just don't believe vaccines have much worth to be honest. They're used indiscriminately much like antibiotics and we all (we I hope we all) know how that one is turning out.

You have lots of faith in vaccines. Good for you! Knock yourself out. Get 1 a week for all I care. To paraphrase Jay Leno, "Get all you want. They'll make more!" They really will! "If you got the money honey, they got your disease!".

To all the other little circle-jerks posting about me and around me like I don't exists, I'll pretend the same for you. You don't exist! Therefore, no response is required.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2018, 14:31.

5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2018, 00:20 DukeFNukem

NKD wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 00:04:
You have a lot more faith in vaccines than I ever will.

I don't think vaccines require faith? It's not like no one knows how they work or that they are some great mystery. All you need is a very basic understanding of the underlying science and some lay-person digestible summaries of the peer reviewed studies.

A very basic understanding of the science? Do you know what a scary statement you just made? Scientists study these things for years and years and years and don't always get it right. Unless you have done that, that's all you really have is a very...basic...understanding of something your trusting with your life. I probably couldn't have said it better myself. Are you a scientist or a microbiologist? I'm not, nor will I probably ever be. You get results like they got in 1955 when you have a ...very...basic...understanding...of very complex science.

So faith is exactly what your using. Trusting the people who know more than you do, with your life, hoping they get it right.

Your probably a big believer in anti-biotics and pesticides too because we've been using them for years, right? Well, those days are over as well.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/9/12859906/evolution-in-action-drug-resistant-bacteria

A quote from the article: "Antibiotics have been a boon to medicine, but their indiscriminate use is creating a global petri dish in which bacteria are mutating, adapting, and then surviving despite our efforts to kill them."

Vaccines have become the most indiscriminate panacea of our time. Trying to make a vaccine to prevent a cold?? LOL. Human bodies that never get sick? Talk about fairy tales.

Took people years, and years, and years to see the true damage these "miracle solutions" have done and are doing to ourselves and our planet. But the big money behind both of these "modern miracles" won't see these solutions going away over night. The point is, what you think is the best solution, may not actually be the best solution.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2018, 00:57.

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 28, 2018, 23:09 DukeFNukem

WaltC wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 21:16:
Seems a waste of money--the reason flu vaccines don't work well (if they work at all, which is doubtful)is because as it spreads, as the flu virus jumps from person to person, it *mutates* every time, making a vaccine for *the* flu strain afflicting most people quite impossible. Each year millions of people in the US get flu vaccinations and each year it seems we have pandemics of flu, anyway--and that's why. The flu vaccine makers simply guess at a particular strain and manufacture the vaccines for *that* particular strain--which would be great if the flu virus *did not mutate* from person to person--but it does and we know it does. The impossibility of a flu virus that works is pretty solid--but like everything else, greed and a willingness to throw away good science for wishful thinking carries the day.

Oh, they could theoretically manufacture a vaccine for your particular strain, but the problem is that a) it would cost a small fortune, and b) the time time it takes to synthesize it would be much longer than the usual 7-10 day flu lasts--in other words, by the time they finished it you would already have recovered from it naturally. It would be possible to cure the common cold the same way--but, again, by the time they manufactured the vaccine for *your* cold you'd already have recovered from it naturally. (this is all old, well-established science.)

I'm a great believer in vaccines, generally--for stuff like small pox, polio, and stuff that doesn't mutate. But the flu vaccine looks like a giant dead end. Like I say, a couple of decades back this was well known--today that knowledge takes a back seat to a lot of bad information. Pharmaceuticals are making lots of $$$ on the scare, but I've seen far more young people ~15-16 years old *dying* of common flu complications these days, and that is something I heard *nothing* about at all when I was that age and we had no flu vaccines at all. Seems the vaccines may well be worsening the flu virus universally, making it more virile--it isn't clear what's going on--except that flu shots are not a panacea for the flu--just more false security of the kind people seem to crave these days. Wish it wasn't so...

"In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned."

I guess practice makes perfect? You have a lot more faith in vaccines than I ever will. But from your overall perspective it's not blind faith like some people have in vaccines. So, I applaud that.

The worst that can happen is the vaccine kills a lot of people that might not have died otherwise. The delay of time between getting a shot and it's possible final effects are too much of a chance for my liking. Now, if a young child gets a shot and dies 5, 10, or 15 years later who would ever try to blame the vaccine maker? It would be difficult to do. But that point aside, the more serious issue is all the affected people who are or were nothing more than guinea pigs.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 15:27 DukeFNukem

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 12:26:
I wonder why they stopped doing World Fairs. They look pretty sweet.

What the truckers did sure was nice but hardly heroic. Fucking media clickbait, man.

Agreed, hardly heroic. Think about it. The police shut down the highway. The truckers who did this were probably enlisted/recruited by the troopers by chance because they happened to be going under that bridge on that highway at that time. When your asked by a state trooper for a favor like that, unless your a complete @$$cr4ck, your probably not going to refuse!

Still, they did do a good thing, regardless. Unless we get real philosophical here and contemplate a more gruesome future outcome related to the man who was saved. Suicidal people, sometimes go alone and sometimes they take a whole lotta innocent folks with them first.

And, talk about click bait.

Click-Bait!

Conclusion of the article? "We really don't know anything for sure but drinking might have an unhealthy affect on your oral microbiome. But honestly? We just don't have a ******* clue yet!"

@Redeye9,

Thank God I'm not a clueless person, otherwise, I would have been offended by your comments.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2018, 15:38.

News Comments > Overload Next Month
10. Re: Overload Next Month Apr 23, 2018, 16:12 DukeFNukem

@CJ Paker,

Hundreds? Wow. Okay, good enough. I was hoping you'd reveal a few we might all wanna get in on. But your keeping it a secret. Probably PubG like well...everybody atm. Except me. My system isn't strong enough!

News Comments > Overload Next Month
7. Re: Overload Next Month Apr 23, 2018, 15:57 DukeFNukem

@CJ Parker,

You've insulted me and every other person who is insulted by your comments. What is in your back log that is SO damned important...C J Parker!!!

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
34. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 20:13 DukeFNukem

@RedEye9,

What's up with the fox news reference in all small letters? It's like you want people to see it but at the same time, you dont?

As if fox news was the only network on tv "spinning" things, seriously?

I should have let this slide since you were trying to "slip it in" so casually but it's just too funny!

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
43. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 12:21 DukeFNukem

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:28:
The ESA is a little late, the whole world has given up on the dotus.

Can't wait for anyone to cluelessly defend the dotard yet again.

The whole world has given up on the dotus? LoL. Your comments have no basis in reality do they? Half of America voted for Donald Trump because they're smart enough to realize that people coming here to sponge off the system will only weigh it down more. You do understand that when more people are sponging off the welfare system than the amount of people supporting it, that it will eventually collapse? That's just common sense for Gods sake.

If everyone is consuming and no one is producing, eventually there will be nothing left to consume. Please correct me where I am wrong.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 25, 2017, 13:46 DukeFNukem

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 22:33:
Anyone who has used what is now the welfare system in America or worked for it can tell you without a doubt the rate of fraud is much higher than reported. But why would they? You don't bite the hand that feeds. They also know that the actual number of people living off the system that are able to work but just refuse to is far higher than you may think. So knowing the stats would be great but it will never happen since there is no way to get the real stats. People commiting fraud rarely rat themselves out.

I don't blame them. I blame the bleeding heart liberals. Just like I would blame a drug dealer giving the first taste for free. These people are hooked. They are going nowhere. Few break away from the system. Ask yourself why would they work? They can get more money free with little to no taxes by staying on the system. We will pay them to live while they have one child after another with no fathers. Have another child get a pay increase. Have an inspector show up to find anything that indicates a man is living in the house the amount of money they get is cut. Did you go beyond the legal number of years that we can give you free money? No worries we will send you to school and we will pay you more. When you get out of school we will employ you within the welfare department and you will still pay little to no taxes. Sounds great right? Maybe now you know why it takes so many people to cut those checks? Maybe you're getting a bit of a clue?

Those are only a few of the programs I have mentioned. There are a lot more. Most you have probably never heard of. Free cell phones? A full house of new furniture within a six months rent free living arrangement? Don't get me started on people from other countries coming here to retire and collecting social security even though they have never paid one cent into the system.

Just so we're clear I have less issue with these systems more so with the many ways people are allowed to game them. Again we can all believe that socialist systems works but they don't. If you think so you are bias, looking through rose colored glasses, or have zero experience with these systems. I am not saying that there aren't people that have been helped up that were then able to stand on their own carrying on a normal life outside of the welfare system but they are a small portion of those who have used the system.

The reason I know so much again is from experience. I have a close relative that works inside the system and a few not so close relatives that are gaming the system. Anyone with a fifth grade education can game this system. Thankfully the people of California have legalized weed because without the taxes the entire state would be bankrupt soon, very soon. Sorry, for responding now. Still I wish you all a merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Quality post. Somebody asking for statistics on the actual fraud and abuse of the welfare system is hilarious. Sure there are some people who use it legitimately. But it's ridiculous to think the abuse of the system is not not a serious issue. People will always game a system, ANY SYSTEM, to their advantage. It's called 'Human Nature'. When the non-working person can have the same lifestyle as the working person why should they work? And why should the working man continue to be stupid and work? For pride? Is that what you want? Of course people game the system. If somebody says they know X who games the system and you respond with I know person Y who "DOESN'T" game the system, then your score is 1 to 1. Yet you come to a conclusion that it's a majority in your favor? GMAFB! Obama was called the Food Stamp president for a reason, not just *#$^@^ and giggles. You want statistics Here you go.

http://www.trivisonno.com/wp-content/uploads/Food-Stamps-Monthly.jpg

I don't blame the people either. It's human nature to want to live a lifestyle the easiest way possible. And if that's means gaming a system, the very SAME system that politicians game (or a better word might be "rig") for THEIR benefits, then so be it.

This United States was about to collapse on itself from the debt it owes other nations. Socialism is a wonderful idea in theory. But as Paranoid Jack says better than I do. It doesn't fail in theory. It fails, miserably, in practice. The only reason the United States isn't collapsing on itself yet is because of the constant "push" towards socialism by democrats and the constant "pull" from socialism by republicans. If the Democrats have their way long enough, this whole nation is toast.

P.S. You don't have to apologize for responding to a thread that's 2 days old. I just responded to a thread on another website that was 2+ years old. LoL. The Internet is immortal. That's just the way it is.

P.S.S. The most hilarious cartoon:

https://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/wizard-of-id-parody.jpg

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2017, 15:23.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2017, 12:17 DukeFNukem

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 11:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 07:32:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 00:26:

We had a health care system long before Obama turned it into a health care tax system. I'm not saying it was great but it sure was a lot cheaper before Obamacare. Do you know anyone that didn't have their health care at least double if not triple during his presidency? Don't worry though I am sure somebody you like better will be in office sooner or later to help us all toward socialized medicine and a universal living wage.
Everyone I know who has healthcare through the Affordable Care Act are paying $35 dollars a month and loves it. Are some paying more, sure, it's based on income.

PS The ACA is still going strong, drumpf and the republicons have failed at killing it but they did decrease rich peoples taxes, go figure.
Keep drinking the kool-aid and make sure to only get your news from Fox Noise/Britebart.

Too funny, I don't watch Fox nor do I watch any of the channels that I'm guessing you're watching. I know most of what I know about Obamacare from experience. I see it on my check every two weeks. I will take what you say on faith and assume that we must be on the other ends of the spectrum. Can't say that I am happy for you and your friends paying a tenth of what I pay for the same coverage. Now why is that?

Please, research Venezuela. I know they don't even show that part of the world on the map let alone talk about what is happening there currently on those channels you're watching. Just in case you are still not up to speed on socialism... it doesn't work.

The company I work for now pays just shy of 2k a month for my health care. Just me? Yes, just me. I had to drop my wife from my coverage or be forced to pay more than twenty times what you and your friends pay per month. Of course since the government and health care industry are forcing them to pay more... I pay more. Socialism will never work. Do some research... history has proven that repeatedly.

I'm no rocket scientist but I've know for most of my adult life that the government can not give you anything without first taking it from somebody else. But hey, keep the dream alive... Bernie in 2020!

I think socialism can work in theory. The whole art of socialism hinges on keeping it in balance. That is, if you have more hard working people producing than you have lazy bastards sitting around collecting food stamps and free medical care than the system can work perfectly fine. But when the hard working people realize that life is easier on the lazy bastards side and lose the incentive to work then the whole system ultiimately collapses upon itself.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Dec 22, 2017, 18:46 DukeFNukem

The game that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving. I make a joke out of it but at the same time it's cool as hell. What a passion for this game these developers must have. I must go back and finish it sometime.  

News Comments > Until None Remain: Battle Royale Beta Testing
4. Re: Until None Remain: Battle Royale Beta Testing Dec 10, 2017, 22:48 DukeFNukem

Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 22:40:
Bumpy wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 16:50:
When we were kids we use to call this King of the Hill or Last Man Standing.

I guess the new age youth needs some metro-sexual title like 'Battle Royale' as not to offend anyone.

What are you talking about? The term battle royal(e) has been around forever. Hell, I remember those in wrestling back in the 70s. The phrase has been around forever with the first written record of it going back to the 1600s. Where you got metro-sexual from that is really bizarre.

The definition of the word "metro sexual" in and of itself is bizarre as well. I didn't know what it meant and I had to look it up. It sounds like a word where somebody took 3 or 4 different traits, mixed them all together while they were drunk, and decided to make a new word up.

Regarding the game, it looks kind of blah to me. But what do I know until I actually play it.

News Comments > Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans
24. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 12:52 DukeFNukem

I guess procrastination is a good thing? This will be the second Assassins Creed game I've accepted for free that I have yet to play or even look at. Maybe some day once I've been gifted all of them. LoL!

Otoh, I did claim my free copy of WIC and downloaded and installed it last evening. I played a few minutes and then bailed. So many free games, so little time.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 1, 2017, 16:27 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 14:38:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 13:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 12:22:
30 is the new 60
PUBG Will Run At 30 FPS On All Xbox One Devices, PlayerUnknown Clarifies

Would it really make any sense to make the playing field uneven by having people with a 60fps advantage over the "basic version" peasantry? I could see why they would want to have parity here. Resolution is not as big a deal, but double the framerate is massive, even on the consoles with their less-precise gamepad controls.

Y'know, I would love for someone to do a test, pitting people on consoles running at 60fps to ones running at 30fps, swapping them a few times, to actually see the impact. I don't know if I agree that, on a TV far away and a game not super quick, it'd make a monstrous difference.

I second the request for this testing. It would be very interesting. I somehow doubt it would make a huge impact as well.
But it's only a guess.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Plans
1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Plans Nov 30, 2017, 20:46 DukeFNukem

So, Epic Games programmers could literally, in every sense of the word, prevent team killing in the code, but they want players to have "free will" just like God does and so punishes them when they do wrong? LOL.

Come on. If you don't want team killing, code that *#$^ into the very digital bits of the game. What am I missing here?

Edit: Okay, my suggestion would make the game less realistic I guess and allow players to be more sloppy. I guess that's a fair point. Anything else, or is that what this is all about?

Edit: And why is the "limited" edition of this game the most expensive? If I'm gonna pay $150.00 for a video game I want the "ulimited" edition ffs. Come on Epic!

339 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo