Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DukeFNukem

Real Name DukeFNukem   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DukeFNukem
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 19, 2004, 02:20
Total Comments 310 (Amateur)
User ID 22104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
23. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 31, 2016, 08:24 DukeFNukem

Simon Says wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 04:35:
I gave windows 10 a try, heck, I gave it 6, count'em, SIX tries, all clean format installs. They all resulted, until now, in various experience crippling errors that couldn't be fixed by the end user. Last one was just 2 weeks ago after a 6 months break to see if MS had finally got their shit together.

Had been running it for 2 weeks, then it started shutting down cold at the loading screen. No reboot, no error messages, nothing. Restarted it, ran fine, but I could never boot on the 1st try. Blue screen viewer couldn't tell what happened, same for the events log.

I tried every "fix" I could find on the net, nothing.

Eventually gave up for the 6th time. Gonna retry it in about a year and see if MS has finally got their shit together, until then, back on 7 and running perfectly smooth as ever. ITM, fuck 10.

While I'm not here to defend Windows 10, your situation may not be representative of the typical user. Sounds like a hardware compatibility issue. I've been running Windows 10 insider preview builds for a long time without issue on a fairly modern system.

Windows 7 is still a great OS but I can't honestly say Windows 10 isn't a stable OS. For me, it has been pretty stable.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free VR Funhouse
2. Re: Free VR Funhouse Jul 14, 2016, 21:15 DukeFNukem

Another worthless trailer that overwhelms the natural senses. The scenes change so fast it becomes pointless in watching. I stopped watching after about 5 or 10 seconds max.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Punishing Teamkillers
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Punishing Teamkillers Jul 12, 2016, 00:20 DukeFNukem

Permanent ban for team killing is ridiculous unless your game is free-to-play. Ban them for 2 weeks and let them team kill as long as they want. I guarantee you anybody who actually wants to play the game will stop after a couple of 2 week bans. Make it 30 days even but permanent is overkill.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 14:40 DukeFNukem

Why do you think Microsoft has already proclaimed that Windows 10 is the last release ever? Because they grow tired of trying to 1-up themselves every 3 years.

Microsoft is making a "newer" version of Windows daily. But they're using child psychology on you and calling it the same thing so that you feel in control of your resistance to change.

And lastly, the fact that Windows 10 is a "smooth upgrade" is not justification for forcing a product on somebody. So that is completely irrelevant to the point of the article.

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
4. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 21, 2016, 23:46 DukeFNukem

Alamar wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 21:54:
Neat... I should grab this... Curious what it's like...

Oh, it's already in my library...

Me too, this is a swift kick to the balls for people who already purchased this game. Can I claim a refund for the next 48 hours?

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Apr 11, 2016, 15:44 DukeFNukem

Racing games are this popular? I would have never guessed. I got Dirt 3 free with a hardware purchase, played it for a short time and never thought about it again.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battleborn
1. Re: Gone Gold - Battleborn Mar 15, 2016, 22:29 DukeFNukem

What developers should say these days is simply "The public beta test has begun!"  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2016, 18:20 DukeFNukem

Uh, Microsoft may be a little late. I read an article but some company already having done this just awhile back. Forgot who it is. Hewlett Packard or some one like that. But yeah, patenting something that is already in existence? Here come the lawsuits.

Edit: Here we go.

Here it is

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 18:27 DukeFNukem

Damn straight Spanky. I'm keeping my Windows 7 machine for life. I got Windows 7 on one system and Windows 10 on another just for kicks. But I don't feel "safe" giving up my 7 anytime soon. More truthfully said, probably never, well, until I'm dead. Then I might loosen my grip a bit.  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
6. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 2, 2015, 00:51 DukeFNukem

Asmodai wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 00:30:
And Jade Empire is an excellent game, classic Bioware with action karate thrown in for good measure.

Can't beat that price (unless they start paying you to play it..)

This is what will probably actually happen if your luck is as bad as mine. All I have to do is buy something for the price to drop or for people to start giving it away. I paid $3.74 for this game on Steam a couple of years ago. I feel so...used.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 00:41 DukeFNukem

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 21:14:
Just kill Flash already. Jesus, they should have killed it a decade ago.

Why exactly, because it requires security patches on a regular basis? Gee, I guess you're right. This is the "only" software on planet earth that fits in that category.

*face palm*

Their name change makes as much sense as Microsoft's name change, going from Windows 8 to Windows 10. But they had to do something because of all the people who keep whining to "kill flash". So, the whinebags got what they wanted. It's dead. Notice the new chant now. "Thank you?" No, not that. "Your actually doing what we asked, what we in fact demanded???? Uhh...uhhh....well DAMMIT, it should have been done 10 years ago". In spite of the fact that HTML 5 just became officially finalized a littler over 1 year ago. LoL.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2015, 01:00.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 18:45 DukeFNukem

I thought this was a free game? I must be thinking of something very similar.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Alpha Details
1. Re: DOOM Closed Alpha Details Oct 15, 2015, 00:25 DukeFNukem

How long will alpha and beta phases last? Have they said?  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer
4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer Oct 9, 2015, 12:33 DukeFNukem

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 09:50:
Fun little game, but had no idea they were adding multi.

It's a sweet addition for an old game.
LoL.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2015, 12:39.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2015, 11:12 DukeFNukem

Blood Bowl 2 on Christ Centered Gamer? LOL. Okay then.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 5, 2015, 15:53 DukeFNukem

And this is news exactly why? Because any other person on planet Earth who did the same thing would NOT be fired? *shakes his head in bewilderment*.  

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs
11. Re: Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs May 15, 2015, 14:15 DukeFNukem

Does this mean they are celebrating by giving away free copies to the first 10,000 people who sign up for a new account on the Blizzard servers? If not, then I don't need to know how old the game is.

Wait...3 years old...that means instead of costing me $59.99 to play it should only costs about $9.99? Maybe I'll try that. Not as good as free but beggars can't be choosers.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
1. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:30 DukeFNukem

The days of $50.00 games have been over for me a few years now. Not sure what people pay that much money for games these days considering how cheap they will eventually become.

But I guess my point is that, a sale is a sale, even at a discount and shouldn't be frowned upon. It means that the person who bought it didn't have to have it on day 1 or didn't have to have it at all for that matter. Sales and discounts also eliminate lots of piracy. Because "some" triple AAA titles eventually reach reasonable prices there is no real justification for piracy anymore.

I wonder if by disappointing sales they mean each developer had to settle for a ferrari over a lamborghini for their new toy of the year?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 4, 2015, 09:43 DukeFNukem

Irritable Bowel Syndrome?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 11:52 DukeFNukem

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 09:53:
4 Days 9 hours 7 mins.

SQUEE!
I think someone has too much time on their hands. Maybe you could go back and play through the first 4 games in the series? Or you can keep that glazed over look in your eyes and continue staring into empty space while you count for the next few days.

310 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo