Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 21473 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2018, 22:02 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 20:52:
Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, I forgot the police and military use pigs because they're so much better than dogs. It's really amazing to see a pig scale a 10 foot wall. Oh wait! And shepherds use pigs as well. Oh wait! And cows aren't plow animals. Some oxen are but so are horses and they have other uses that oxen don't. You can't even compare these animals in how some are far more indispensable to man as working companions vs what others provide in terms of food or resources to be used. So no, it's not just fucking picking on some and giving others a pass. Jesus, the outright stupidity of some of you is fucking mind boggling sometimes. Try actually THINKING for once.

Pigs are used to guard border towns in Israel. They are more effective than dogs due to Muslims viewing them as unclean.

Pigs are trained to find weapons and explosives in Tasmania. Pigs are superior because their sense of smell is better than dogs.

They're used to herd sheep in Australia.

They find truffles in France.

And of course millions of people have them as pets.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2018, 17:34 jdreyer

Orogogus wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 16:41:
I mean, Hindus think the same thing about people who eat cows, although their equivalent of "America, fuck yeah!" is more about lynching and murdering people who think differently than posting shitty Photoshops.

I've never understood the arbitrary nature of which animals are okay to eat and which ones aren't. Given that animals as low as fruit flies exhibit personality traits, you would think that anything higher would either be on or off the menu as a group. Including Solyent Green.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2018, 15:21 jdreyer

Those are some sweet pics. Ubi should hire this guy.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 9, 2018, 15:19 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 13:22:
But if Amazon ships their own stuff, who else can they blame when your shit is late or lost?

I ordered a few things on Amazon worth a couple hundred bucks. After 3 weeks it hadn't arrived, and there was no update on the shipping tracker, so Amazon sent me an email asking me if I wanted a refund. So I said yes. A week later, the stuff came.

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
34. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 9, 2018, 14:31 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 02:17:
mag wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 22:37:
Yeah, SupCom is probably my fav game of all time, especially after the expansion.

For some reason I much prefer the original than the expansion. I guess because it was such a simple three way fight, no sub factions plus the units felt right. In the expansion, they 'felt' like expansion-type units. Don't know how to really explain it, just the feeling I get when I play it. Don't get me started on SupCom2...

=-Rigs-=
Yeah, I'm not really into that fourth faction, but the UI, AI, and stability tweaks made it better.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2018, 03:16 jdreyer

KezClone wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 23:53:
That e-book on History of CRPGs is amazing!!

JEsus H CHrist! 522 pages!!!

Man, just reading the intro makes me want to go and fire up a game of Baldur's Gate.

Also, he name-checks Scorpia!

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 8, 2018, 21:59 jdreyer

Shok wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 17:17:
Doubt anyone will read this since I am posting it over a day after it was news but this transcript Barlow did on thisamericanlife really hit me in the feels about the love of his life. Must read:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/74/transcript#act3

Thanks for that. I listen to podcasts on my way to work, so I'll go DL that one.

I wonder if TAL will rebroadcast it due to his passing.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 21:51 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 12:31:

Edit: Oh, and I've been avoiding the news lately so this was actually the first I'd heard of it.

Pulling a KXMode on us?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 21:51 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 14:48:
A waste of a car?

They got back far more value than that car had

Yup, 5 million views for $100K (the price of the car). That's pretty cheap.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2018, 21:45 jdreyer

wtf_man wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 13:40:
So what happens if ALL the ISPs in the state violate Net Neutrality rules (Not like Hawaii could have that many)... do they drop the internet for all their government employee offices and shut down all the government web servers???

Not saying it would happen... just seems interesting on the "who needs who" front. Bigger States with way more carriers have a much better chance of getting away with this.

It's like Cutter says: Hawaii nationalizes the internet.

Might as well. They have a phone company which offers less than 10mpbs, and a cable company, both review 5/10 in satisfaction. It's essentially a monopoly if you want fast internet. The government couldn't do worse.

27. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 21:41 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 20:09:
Devinoch wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 19:43:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 11:08:
Theres a new Warhammer RTS game coming out, it goes back to the basic RTS game play style of base building and massive armies. That is what I want in an RTS game. none of this bullshit they keep coming up with and limited units pop cap crap.

We'll see if it sells enough to merit. RTS games have been a dying breed for a long time now for one major reason - they just don't sell like they used to. And this comes to you from someone who worked at Westwood Studios for a while.

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but in all seriousness, Petroglyph hasn't really made any quality RTS games in a long while, in fact not to many have. Act of Aggression and Act of War were really good RTS games.

And SupCom is the King of all RTS games. but no one makes RTS games like that, and thats what many of us RTS guy want in an RTS game bigger and longer matched games. not this tournament shit they make these days.

Yeah, SupCom is probably my fav game of all time, especially after the expansion.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 11:39 jdreyer

Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster and Starman Leave Earth Forever in This Final Photo.

Crazy. When Elon said he wanted to send a Tesla to Mars, I thought he was being hyperbolic, or talking about something far in the future. I didn't realize it would be the Falcon heavy payload.

7. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 11:35 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 11:14:
I miss the good old strategy games, Supcom1, DOW1, C&C Generals. I don't understand how these companies don't see what was successful in the past and build upon that when make a new strategy game, instead of this controller friendly MOBA style E-sport shit pile.

(Prolly cuz LoL makes half a bil a year.)

6. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 11:35 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 10:51:
How about going back to the Dark Crusade game mechanics and expand them. Instead of just one world, we go from world to world.

I hated what they did with DoW 2 and 3. I wonder how well DoW 1 and DoW:DC sold in comparison to 2 and 3.

I played DoW 1 and expansions to death. DoW 2 I played for an hour. I didn't buy DoW 3. I think that says it all.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month
13. Re: Kerbal Space Program Making History Next Month Feb 8, 2018, 03:23 jdreyer

cool, thanks  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 03:21 jdreyer

Actually, if I won the lottery, I'd buy a house right next to Blue's house.

I wouldn't live there though, because that would be creepy.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 03:20 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 18:40:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 18:24:
If I won the lottery, I'd give some to Blue so he could implement a comment like/dislike system.

Ha! I honestly don't know what dislikes would do to make things better, but it would be nice to be able to upvote someone that said something clever. Sometimes I'll post a "ha!" but sometimes something is clever but not clever to waste others' time with a pointless response telling them that.

Too many dislikes, and a post gets hidden! Each person could set their own threshold.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2018, 03:17 jdreyer

Hoop wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 18:29:
I'm confident the Tesla has asteroid avoidance.

It's not upgraded to see the white ones though. It will plow right into those.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 8, 2018, 03:16 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 19:47:
Popcorn

Yeah, that made no sense whatsoever.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 8, 2018, 03:13 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 19:41:
happy happy joy joy for deadpool

LOLOL. The first movie was so good, and this one looks to pick up right where that one left off.

21473 Comments. 1074 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo