Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 24294 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2018, 17:40 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 17:34:
El Pit wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 16:07:
Stan Lee - R.I.P. Despite what Jack Kirby said about Lee, he was definitely a driving force behind Marvel's success and has earned his place as a legendary comic producer.

Regardless of any of that he was egomaniac IMO. Every time that asshole showed up in every Marvel film it was just such fourth wall breaking bullshit that pissed me off to no end. Who the fuck does that?

Meh, I thought it was awesome. 5 seconds for each film. No biggie.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cloudpunk Announced
6. Re: Cloudpunk Announced Nov 12, 2018, 17:38 jdreyer

Great world building. Can't tell what kind of game it is though. Adventure?  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 15:39 jdreyer

Retired wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 10:54:
2 things.

1. ninja is the most toxic streamer
2. every single streamer thinks when they die it is stream sniping or someone is cheating

I have killed streamers and went back later and watched the stream. The outrage is hilarious. I am damn near an old man, play games as a hobby, and find a lot of glee in killing someone virtually who has this as a job. I will take the inflammatory comments as a badge of pride.

It's all fun and games until they use their influence with the publisher to have you banned.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 15:37 jdreyer

Diablo Immortal Trailer Has Third Highest YouTube Dislike Percentage of All Time, Is the Most Disliked Game Vid of 2018…]

It's not that they announced a mobile game, it's how they announced it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2018, 14:44 jdreyer

How are these people not in jail? 5000 people committed identity fraud at the encouragement of management.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2018, 14:25 jdreyer

As long as I can play as the Hamburglar, I'm good.  

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
52. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 12, 2018, 14:03 jdreyer

Red886 wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 08:47:
hellya if there is a flood of good games coming out for consoles. What we have now is a crisis in the number of good games . Everyone is talking about RDR but nothing else. That is ONE choice. PC gaming is now barely distinguishable from consoles games, save for those Total War games. Even 4x games with publisher support gets console releases.

What can a pc do that a console does not these days?

And i don't see any private investor or funds pouring in USD 50-100 mil into these companies.

these sequels if heavy budgeted would be third person open world games. Which i love, but only a very very small handful of developers have the financial clout to attempt to make them. I know it is going to be mentioned, I didn't feel any animosity towards DA:3. I find it great that i can explore a multitude of worlds, even get to choose allies which is reflected in the game, full companion voice acting and story lines. Plus no need to min-max or dead-ends. Even games like D:OS2 is available on consoles.

Even inXile's self effort in Torment and Bard's Tale without big publisher's "interference" was crap in storytelling and gameplay.

isometric rpgs? everyone can make them for USD 1m to 5m. (example : Pathfinder:Kingmaker)
If they are so cheap and easy, why did Obsidian and InXile feel the need to be acquired? For better or worse, there's no money in isometric RPGs. MS is going to push them toward more commercially viable rpg products a la Destiny and Anthem, games designed from the ground up for MTs and DLC.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 12, 2018, 13:45 jdreyer

Foldable phone or kick-ass gaming rig. Tough choice.

#pcmasterrace

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 12, 2018, 13:43 jdreyer

MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 10:33:
Yeah, I'm not believing this. Even if its based on cost plus normal markup, they aren't going to release it until they can get it down to $1200 a most. at $1700 it would flop hard, even $1200 would be a tough sell.

I thought the same thing about $900 phones a few years ago, and yet now that's the norm.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Nov 12, 2018, 13:41 jdreyer

It will be finished around the same time we're able to upload our consciousnesses to the cloud and live forever in virtual worlds. Then you can live in Robert's world 24/7.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 22:45 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 21:38:
I probably should take some kind of multi-vitamin since my diet is generally not well balanced. Especially for vitamin D which, since I've stopped drinking milk on a regular basis, I'm most likely not getting enough of it.

But being a curmudgeon I am a stubborn bastard and since I've lived 56 years without taking them, I figure I can make it the rest of the way without them. I'm not saying it is a good idea, just saying that is what I'm gonna do.

If you eat a balanced diet, get outside daily for a bit of exercise and sun, shouldn't need to supplement. Of course, "eating a balanced diet" is the tricky part. I eat pretty well, but supplement with half a multi. That, and I wear a brass penis.

News Comments > Void Bastards Announced
2. Re: Void Bastards Announced Nov 11, 2018, 19:54 jdreyer

Yeah I like the strategic and tactical elements.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Spartan Collector's Edition Revealed
4. Re: Metro Exodus Spartan Collector's Edition Revealed Nov 11, 2018, 19:10 jdreyer

SirKnight wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 13:53:

Oh well, my RTX 2080 Ti is ready for Exodus regardless.

Better stick to FTL and Terraria for your 2080TI. Anything more taxing and you risk burning it out.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 18:45 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 15:27:
New Research Shows Vitamin D And Fish Oil Supplements May Not Be Worth It.

That's strange, a better title for the article would have been "New Research Shows Vitamin D and Fish Oil Supplements reduce Heart Attack by 28%, and 75% in African Americans".

Fine and Manson stressed that vitamin D and the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are important nutrients, but the best way to get them is as part of a well-balanced diet. That includes eating fatty fish like sardines, tuna and salmon, and vitamin-D fortified cereals, milk, and orange juice.

sardines are kind of nasty, tuna is full of mercury and you only get omega-3's from wild salmon, farmed salmon doesn't have any (or very little depending on what they're fed). Ask people that live in Iceland about the nutritional benefit of fish oil and vitamin-D, when you live in complete darkness for several months of the year they can't live without supplementing.

with more and more people basking in the light from our monitors and TV's all day every day instead of outside sunlight, I think it would be wise to supplement with Vitamin D and Fish Oil - or even better Hemp Oil.

But, but, but how will they get clicks if the title isn't contrary to expectations??

27. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 18:38 jdreyer

JediPunisher wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 17:40:
I'm seriously looking forward to Halo: The RPG!

Remember that Obsidian made Knights of the Old Republic 2, but who needs a Star Wars license when you have the Halo Universe.

I haven't gotten anything from Obsidian or InXile. I'm tired of fantasy RPGs. A sci-fi RPG would be great.

26. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 18:36 jdreyer

Task wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 17:36:
I could be incorrect in this assumption, but I don't think that inXile or Obsidian could survive long term in today's game market. They can't survive on kickstarters alone, but with publisher backing and crowdfunding it might give them a little more cushion instead of barely getting by.

I feel this may be why Harebrained also gained a publisher in Paradox.
HBS was a best case example of an independent developer, too. Basically everything they did was successful. And even they felt the need for publisher backing. The pressure on Obsidian and InXile must have been great.

11. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 15:17 jdreyer

My thought is that MS is going to have Obsidian and InXile team up to create an answer to Destiny and Anthem.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2018, 15:12 jdreyer

How Non-Violent Games Convey The Tragedies Of War Effectively…

Veterans Hospital Simulator was one of the most affecting games I've ever played.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 15:09 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 15:05:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 14:30:
Yves St Laurent sells a $800 "golden brass" penis pendant.

Surprised this is getting attention now, I've had mine for months. I always wear it when i hit the clubs. It attracts chicks better than 15 squirts of Drakkar Noir.
At 100% Brass I bet you could skip the drakkar noir spritz and move right to Axe body spray.
Axe, that's for millennial dudebros. Old Spice FTW.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 14:30 jdreyer

Yves St Laurent sells a $800 "golden brass" penis pendant.

Surprised this is getting attention now, I've had mine for months. I always wear it when i hit the clubs. It attracts chicks better than 15 squirts of Drakkar Noir.

24294 Comments. 1215 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo