Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 20474 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
29. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 19, 2017, 12:24 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 08:57:
NKD wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 21:26:
We wanted Bernie, or someone else who is actually a change from the status quo. Not Robo-Hillary the worlds least convincing android. Hillary had nothing but defeatist rhetoric that promised nothing. The only reason she got any votes is that she was up against Donald Trump, a man who has been a walking joke in this country for 40 years.
And yet...yet...when it came to light that she rigged the primary it was only the fringes that were angry. The establishment inside just waved their hands and said it's okay. Then when it came to light that Sanders actually knew that it was rigged, and got a payment off for it. Democrats still hummed and said wellllll that's okay. And you just had an election for a new party leader and who got elected? More of the same. Face it, the democrats are infested top to bottom and worse off then the republicans. At least they've been challenging people and running primary challengers.

At the rate you're going it's going to take 40 years to fix that party, providing it doesn't collapse under it's own corruption.

I tire of this. I wasn't a Hill supporter, but:

1. She won the primary outright, even without super delagates.

2. She won nearly every state where there was a primary in which votes were cast and counted. Bernie won states where the nominee was chose by caucus, wherein the loudest and most enthusiastic (but not necessarily the majority) people decided at town halls.

3. It's not surprising she won given that Bernie joined the party at the last minute.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 19, 2017, 12:18 jdreyer

Bub wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 06:33:
The same know-nothings that rail against accessibility efforts are the same folk who once they reach 65+ and develop mild arthritis rush to thier doctor for a note for handicapped parking.

"Keep goddamn government hands off my Medicare!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 20:56 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 18:46:
Sounds like he was Thunderstruck. Hopefully he's not hearing Hell's Bells. Maybe his last day was spent Giving the Dog a Bone. He sure did have a great ride on the Highway to Hell though.
He'll be reincarnated as the Antichrist: Back in Black.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 15:30 jdreyer

Oof. That's young. RIP, Malcolm. Thanks for the great music. Not only You Shook Me, but the entire Back in Black album is a classic.  

3. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 15:25 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 14:43:
Write Ajit Pai a check for $25 (he's a really cheap whore) and he'll be happy to grant you whatever you want.
LOL. Yeah I am sure they won't have a problem getting a waiver with this administration.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 11:51 jdreyer

Avus wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 06:45:
Why should a Mafia boss R.I.P.?
Why shouldn't he rest in pieces?

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 11:50 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 22:10:
As we crossed the 300-day mark of DipShit's presidency on Thursday, fact-checkers noted that he has made more than 1,600 false or misleading claims. Good God. At least five times a day, on average, this president says something that isnít true.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/opinion/jay-z-meek-mill-probation.html

As I stated, delusion mixed with insanity. Complaining about politics is like complaining about the lack of pink lightsabers in Star Wars...
Goddammit, now I can't get pink lightsabers out of my head. THANKS, KX.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2017, 02:23 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 23:03:
This is the only good use for military equipment, at least nobody got hurt in the process.

A bunch of 10-year-olds got hurt, laughing so hard they fell over and hit their heads.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 23:09 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 22:10:
As we crossed the 300-day mark of DipShit's presidency on Thursday, fact-checkers noted that he has made more than 1,600 false or misleading claims. Good God. At least five times a day, on average, this president says something that isnít true.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/opinion/jay-z-meek-mill-probation.html

Just be thankful he's not a Democrat.

With an email server.

In the basement.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2017, 22:54 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 17:25:
Actually given the massive shortage of drivers it's actually become a lot better job where drivers can set what they will and won't work. That aside I'll never understand why they weren't building more railways. It's just so much more cost-effective and efficient in the long run. Saying nothing of the environmental benefits to boot.
IIRC, a bunch of auto companies got together, bought the RRs, and tore up the tracks. After that the railroads never recovered.

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2017, 22:49 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:43:
Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:20:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:22:
Gotta agree with Cutter. These kinds of technologies will herald in great improvements in safety, efficiency, and cost, while creating a new class of poor, unemployed workers. If the government doesn't proactively address it (something it's been very poor at doing in the past several decades) it's a recipe for massive social unrest, the kind we haven't seen since the civil rights era.

Trucker is already a bad job. As in a really bad job. Well paying, but keeps people from their families for significant lengths of time (which may be a benefit to some), has them work dangerous hours, has huge penalties for things often beyond their control, etc.

I don't know how we help truckers today, but there's a good reason to make sure we don't have any new truckers.
Sitting for extended periods is also really bad for your health. Maybe they should have standing trucker cabs.

Don't be stupid.
It should be a steering wheel with a treadmill underneath.
Or make the cab leg powered, Flintstones style!

6. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2017, 22:35 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 20:57:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 19:58:
There's such a pilot shortage that it's unlikely these pilots will receive any serious discipline for this prank.

If there's one thing the military doesn't like, it's being embarrassed publicly. No, they won't get court-martialed or anything but you can bet they'll get smacked down hard. At the very least it'll be a career-ender as far as any further promotional prospects he/they might have had.
20 years ago I would have agreed with you, but today you just can't take the experienced fighter pilots off the line. There's no one to replace them with. The military is forcing retired pilots back into duty, effectively a backdoor draft. They're doing other things as well: increasing pilot class sizes, increasing monetary compensation, but those won't show results for years.

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2017, 19:58 jdreyer

There's such a pilot shortage that it's unlikely these pilots will receive any serious discipline for this prank.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
52. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 17:38 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 17:29:
Yes, yes, we're all quite triggered. Back to the game, reviews seem to be agreeing with some of the folks here, saying the gameplay itself is rather meh! Pretty graphics, appreciable novelty for Star Wars fans, but not a particularly good game. Metacritic score currently in the mid-70s. Basically, wouldn't be much to write home about even if it didn't involve any loot crate nonsense. RIP.
Making a good game may have been a goal of the devs, but the publisher had other ideas: make a good money generating application.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 17:00 jdreyer

Scientists take risk sending secret message to aliens

Meh, death by aliens is probably quicker and less painful than death by nuclear fallout/winter or death by planetary overheating.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2017, 16:45 jdreyer

I watched Jon play an alpha of At The Gates about three years ago, and it looked not only pretty feature complete, but also fun as hell.

Not sure why it never got finished.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 14:46 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 08:49:
Rigs wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 23:09:
On the 'Cutter Scale of Assholery', I give that 6 'eh's' out of 10. Come on, Cutter, you're slippin!
Yeah, it was lame.

Funny thing is I clearly remember Cutter making disparaging comments about Trudeau.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2017, 14:43 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:20:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:22:
Gotta agree with Cutter. These kinds of technologies will herald in great improvements in safety, efficiency, and cost, while creating a new class of poor, unemployed workers. If the government doesn't proactively address it (something it's been very poor at doing in the past several decades) it's a recipe for massive social unrest, the kind we haven't seen since the civil rights era.

Trucker is already a bad job. As in a really bad job. Well paying, but keeps people from their families for significant lengths of time (which may be a benefit to some), has them work dangerous hours, has huge penalties for things often beyond their control, etc.

I don't know how we help truckers today, but there's a good reason to make sure we don't have any new truckers.
Sitting for extended periods is also really bad for your health. Maybe they should have standing trucker cabs.

27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 14:37 jdreyer

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:33:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:20:
Now that it's released, can someone who is playing this comment on how fully bots are implemented? Every game type?

The only bot mode is Arcade, and they're just really small hoard survival games. Think Missions from the 2015 one.

Don't expect any sort of challenge from the AI in the single player campaign, raising the difficulty just turns up the bullet sponge effect.

They'e only hinted that other modes will get bot support in 2018, but you have to understand they don't want you playing offline. They need people playing the online portion in grind mode to keep it alive otherwise they can't sell you "booster packs" and if people start reporting the online portion of the game is dead then the only thing left to sell the game is the single player campaign which is just "OK" at best.

Thanks DD. I don't play online much, and prefer playing bots for a bunch of reasons. They don't cheat (beyond being bullet sponges), they don't grief, and if they're crappy, well so am I.

I might pick this up on deep sale if bots are available in all modes.

26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 14:33 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:20:
Now that it's released, can someone who is playing this comment on how fully bots are implemented? Every game type?

The only bot mode is Arcade, and they're just really small hoard survival games. Think Missions from the 2015 one.

Don't expect any sort of challenge from the AI in the single player campaign, raising the difficulty just turns up the bullet sponge effect.

They'e only hinted that other modes will get bot support in 2018, but you have to understand they don't want you playing offline. They need people playing the online portion in grind mode to keep it alive otherwise they can't sell you "booster packs" and if people start reporting the online portion of the game is dead then the only thing left to sell the game is the single player campaign which is just "OK" at best.

Thanks DD. I don't play online much, and prefer playing bots for a bunch of reasons. They don't cheat (beyond being bullet sponges), they don't grief, and if they're crappy, well so am I.

I might pick this up on sale if bots are available in all modes.

20474 Comments. 1024 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo