Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 23318 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced
10. Re: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced Aug 14, 2018, 17:46 jdreyer

I've always thought that "Jagged Alliance" was a cool name for a game. It's evocative and mysterious. Combining it with the shouty "Rage!" shows the current marketing team doesn't really understand their audience.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
83. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 14, 2018, 14:54 jdreyer

Wraith wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 11:50:
DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 08:37:
Wraith wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 13:08:
DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 23:09:

Are you a developer? Is that why your putting this philosophical view forward? The laws of supply and demand don't ask the question of whether anything is "sustainable". The laws of supply and demand aren't moral laws that ensure justice or "equality" always prevail.
No, I'm a longtime gamer. And this has nothing to do with supply and demand. Thank you for playing.

Ummm, the article is not about supply and demand, you're right. It was a response to your comment about the sustainability of selling "used" games. For some odd reason you didn't quote that part. *sigh*. Funny thing is, your arguing against something that even Bethesda is now defending. The sale of "used" games. :)
That's not a supply and demand issue. I can only presume you don't get it.
Game Over. Thanks for playing though.
It's cute when you try and sound like me. Not particularly effective, but cute nonetheless.

Seriously man. We all want the same thing: for devs to make awesome games and get paid well for doing it. But focusing on this is like insisting on the doctor addressing the ingrown hair on your butt when you've got a broken ankle and dislocated shoulder. It's way down the list, and has largely already been addressed by publishers in a variety of ways that reduce our rights as consumers. If you really care about the devs and want to support them, argue for two things: unionization and royalties.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
47. Re: removed Aug 14, 2018, 14:45 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 13:33:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 05:21:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 23:13:
Redeye, if you saw the private message, the offer is still good. Let me know.

So curious. Can you forward to me?

"Hi, Redeye. Kxmode here.

You and I appear to not get along on Blue News. I'd like to offer a peace offering in the form of a game purchase of your choice. Let me know which game you'd like."

It's a sincere offer.
Let's hope he doesn't ask for Train Simulator with ALL the DLC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 14:42 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 12:41:
Kind of stoked on Bloemkamp doing a Robocop sequel. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled at the last minute like his Aliens sequel did.

Blomkamp has storytelling issues, even with movies I like such as District 9. I hope he has someone who can rein him in and keep him focused.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 12:58 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 12:08:
A recent FSIS observational study found that people performing tasks like cutting poultry “failed to successfully wash their hands 97 percent of the times they should have.”
Since 30% or more of the chicken you buy is out of compliance, you'd better not be in that 97%.
https://www.cdc.gov/features/handwashing/index.html

Or, maybe, just don't eat chicken. Crazy talk, I know.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 14, 2018, 12:08 jdreyer

Funny thing is that almost everyone where I work has a smartwatch. Honestly, I don't get it.  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
45. Re: removed Aug 14, 2018, 05:21 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 23:13:
Redeye, if you saw the private message, the offer is still good. Let me know.

So curious. Can you forward to me?

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
77. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 14, 2018, 05:20 jdreyer

007Bistromath wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 13:41:
Wraith wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 12:59:
Indie developers work off a much smaller development cost/distribution ratio and many of them are digital anyway. Just because a gamedev is triple-A, doesn't mean they shouldn't be entitled to recover their costs. If that philosophy gained traction, we'd never have titles like God of War or GTA V.
Nobody is entitled to recover their costs. That's not how the market works. Everybody is entitled to try to recover their costs within the established boundaries of copyright and patent protection. AAA devs (and pretty much only AAA devs) regularly fail to do so. That doesn't mean they get to extend those boundaries. We get enough of that shit from Disney.

AAA budgets are way too high, and their marketing strategies are busted as hell. That's why they're not recouping costs, it's completely their fault, and pointing at anything else is propaganda.

PS: How do I move to the timeline where we don't have titles like God of War?

Note that he didn't respond at all to my detailed rebuttal of his arguments. He's got nuthin.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 14, 2018, 05:17 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 10:49:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 03:46:
necrosis wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 19:37:
Please dont link to pay sites like the Wired.
Okay, so no stories from WaPo, NYTimes, Boston Globe, etc?
Easy to get around those paywalls.
Have more than one browser or clear you cookies. Works on both android and windows.

Nice tip. I'll check it out.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 05:12 jdreyer

Growers Are Beaming Over The Success Of Lasers To Stave Off Thieving Birds.

Researchers at Purdue University are studying the risk of injury to birds. Principal investigator Esteban Fernandez-Juricic says very little is known about whether lasers can harm the animals' retinas.

Narrow that beam and aim it at center mass. Then the birds get a nip of pain from the laser and fly away, retinas intact.

Just leave blueberries alone!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 05:11 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 20:20:
Lezz do it... "Operation Forest Freedom". Send them B-52s for some nature loving tender care!

Are you referring to the forest fires, or the blueberry-eating birds?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 05:07 jdreyer

We Hope Someday We Can Love Something As Much As This Sheep Loves Bouncing On A Trampoline.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ people.

This is not rocket surgery: HOLD YOUR FUCKING PHONE SIDEWAYS WHEN YOU SHOOT VIDEOS. I swear to fucking God, people are morans.

Exception: you are shooting a Space X launch or landing.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 05:02 jdreyer

Armengar wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 02:31:
whilst we love bees and spiders in our household, wasps are kill on sight. The kids are well versed on the procedure. Even bigger wasps nests are dealt with (although the actual poisoning is usually left to me as i can run quicker.

wasps are just plain evil.

Not sure why you'd say that...

On the other hand, it's like saying sharks are evil, when in fact they serve an important ecological function.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 04:55 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 14:00:

I doubt there would be such repercussions of nuking California though

You do realize that Hawaii is perhaps the most liberal state in the nation, yes?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 14, 2018, 04:52 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:08:
From incorrect, negligent, intentional or outdated data entry to poorly coded software, there's always been a chance that "the computer" could flag you for a trip to the pokey hoosegow.
Be kind to your local precogs.

Fucking love that movie.

I know IRL Tom Cruise is a freak, but damn he makes good movies. Currently rewatching all the Mission Impossible movies before I go see Fallout.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 14, 2018, 04:50 jdreyer

KS wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 18:03:
Before outlawing planned obsolescence in products, have planned obsolescence in politicians by way of term limits.

I have a hand-held back massager I bought in Japan 20 years ago for $100. I got sticker shock at the price when I bought it, but the damn thing still looks like new and works like new 20 years later.

I bought a chair-back massager last year for $50. Damn thing broke yesterday because the main strut was made from plastic and was too thin. Man I loved this thing, it worked beautifully, but to die after one year? Fucking bullshit. The motors are still fine, casing still fine, just the connector struck broke. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK planned obsolescence in the ass with a rusty pitchfork.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 14, 2018, 04:45 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 00:45:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 14:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 12:52:
Admittedly I really don't like superhero movies all that much, but I do watch all the Marvel ones now as they are super good. I could care less about anything DC, really. But, why is there such a backlash over this woman? She was good in the XXX movie and John Wick. She's good looking. Was Batwoman a different skin color or something? I mean, wtf?

Edit, read story. So...she comes off as gay, turns out she is gay, and she's...NOT GAY ENOUGH?

PC culture, man. Just, fuck it.

What? I thought the whole point of "acting" was the ability to portray someone you are not. Now, in order to act, you have to be exactly like the person you are portraying?

Twitter may be the greatest collection of stupid the world has ever seen...

Yep, same thing happened to Scarlett Johansson when the twits found out she was going to play the role of a transgender person. Actors aren't allowed to act anymore, apparently.

On the one hand, I agree: any actor should be able to play any role. On the other hand, there's a history in Hollywood of excluding minority actors, and that's where that sentiment comes from. It's complicated.

24. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 14, 2018, 04:43 jdreyer

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 22:06:
And hilariously, we now have both Christians and white men telling us how aggrieved and persecuted they are. So much so that they need their own DOJ task force and pride parades. Jesus fuck, things have gone completely bizarro world insane.

Hey man, white Christian lives matter.

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 14, 2018, 04:40 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 16:28:
All these corps need to just dump their affiliations with social media period.

Seems to me if you nearly get fired for asking for a raise, even as a joke, you best look for a better company to work for. Especially in IT. I'd wager the company needs him more than he needs them.

Watched Moonraker last night and it reminded me why I don't like the Moore movies - they were all completely ridiculous. And Skyfall rules.

LOL, my first company treated my like shit. Busted my ass for three years, barely got a raise each year. Finally, I quit and left the company. But they were actually desperate to keep me, and offered me a 30% raise to stay. Crazy. But I'd already bought tickets out of the country and wouldn't return for six years.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2018, 04:20 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:41:
Sony has no cojones, Apple would have charged $10,000; it would not support mp3 format, it would need a dongle (not included) to use 3.5 mm headphones and 16GB of internal storage (non-upgradeable). courage

And that dongle would be gold-plated and cost $300. And that's why Apple is the world's first TDC (trillion dollar company). Well, except for that Chinese one. But we don't count that one.

23318 Comments. 1166 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo